PDA

View Full Version : story of animal lover

bis_mala
31st December 2005, 09:08 PM
[tscii:82e0ad0cdd]There was a man who started a party in his locality and named it “Jiiva kaaruNyak Kadchi” or “Animal Lovers’ League.” He was a pastor and had a young wife who was very obedient to him and looked up to him, as is usual for females, for leadership of family. Whenever the pastor returned home from his party work and activities, he talked gently and lovingly to his young wife and told her of some details of occurrences in party events. From all these gentle talks, she understood what policies her husband stood for. He was dead against animal killing and eating.

She asked to follow him for one of his meetings one day. Her wish was granted by the husband. What her husband spoke at the meeting completely remoulded her

But the wife had been cooking mostly mutton curry and chicken curry for him, for their dinner at home. He had been consuming whatever meat she cooked without a murmur. One day she began to think whether it was right and proper on her part to cook such curries at home when the husband was an ardent and unrelenting supporter of prevention of cruelty to animals. She even thought that she had been torturing him up to now with her cooking of meat and it was his love for her that saved her from any criticism from him!!

She sat under the staircase in her house and suddenly reached an enlightenment like Buddha! She immediately released the fowl in her chicken coop and that day, cooked leafy vegetables for curry (kiiraik kuzambu). She was very happy. She has now completely attuned herself to the doctrines of her husband.

That night the husband came and was in a very happy mood. He gave her a light kiss on her cheeks and gently pinched her. The wife was glad beyond measure. She did not immediately tell him about the change in the home menu. She relegated that as a grand finale…She expected a warm and prolonged hug from him for the good work she has done that day. She was all confirmed in herself to wait for that moment so that the pleasure would be enhanced.

After his bath and a little usual prayers, he sat down to dinner. Then came from the kitchen the kiiraikkuzambu ( leafy vegi curry). He did not start eating first. As he waited, the wife asked him to commence. “Is that all?” asked he. “Yes darling!!”

Husband: Where is the chicken, or mutton(lamb)?

Wife: I stopped that already.

Husband: What? Why did you do that ? (very angry).

Wife: I followed your advice at the meeting.

Husband: That is not for you and me!

The husband became so angry that he took the kiiraikkuzambu and threw it (with the utensil) on the wall.
It splattered all over. The wife was shocked both at his present conduct at home and his cheating the people. She was shivers all over.

Husband: Do you have anything else to eat now?

Wife: Nothing. I put all the kuzambu before you. There is nothing more left!!

Husband: [ looked around and none of his children were in sight ]. Then, scrape up the kuzambu from the wall and put it on my rice. [ In Tamil he said: “Suvaththu kiiraiyai vazichchup pOdadi churaNai ketta pondaatti! “ ]

The wife did that and the pastor had his meal with rumbling and grumbling going on.

[ Puthiya Ulagam magazine (1939) ]

[/tscii:82e0ad0cdd]

pavalamani pragasam
31st December 2005, 11:05 PM
kaakkaa nari kathaikaLukkellaam puthu mudivu sollappaduvathu pola intha pazaiya kathaikku oru joraana puthu mudivu!

bis_mala
3rd January 2006, 04:50 AM
[tscii:e4797ce409]yes madam,

¿£í¸û ÍðÊì ¸¡ðÊ À¢ý ÓÊÅ¢ø ¯ûÇ ÒШÁ ¦¾Ç¢Å¡¸¢ÈÐ. þ¾ý "¿¨¸î ͨŨÂ" ÁðΧÁ ¸Õò¾¢ø ¦¸¡ñÊÕó§¾ý.[/tscii:e4797ce409]

pavalamani pragasam
3rd January 2006, 08:22 AM
:D