PDA

View Full Version : Vidyasagar's Aathi released!!!!

coucou
22nd December 2005, 02:55 AM
i heard that Vijay's Aathi is released
have anyone listened songs from aathi?
POST YOUR REVIEWS

Djpak
22nd December 2005, 05:37 PM
[tscii:7378825dfd]Yea, very bad songs!
i been disappointed
Some songs like chandramuki :s

Take a listen topudhupettai songs
that’s class

GIGA FLOOOOP FROM Vidyasagar
Well he can't make good music..

[/tscii:7378825dfd]

sanjeevk
22nd December 2005, 05:50 PM
songs are released on www.oosai.com. Seems like a very average album :roll: seems like vijays formulae seems to be missing in this soundtrack

interz
22nd December 2005, 09:23 PM
Very Good Album, Esp "Ennai Konchi" is a melodious feast. With vijays dance the songs will be big hits.

Vidyasagar will rule the charts!!!!!

sureshc
23rd December 2005, 11:55 AM
iruvar vaazhum is a class song. ennai Konji is also very good.

ansa400
23rd December 2005, 12:29 PM
Songs sound unusual of Vijay's previous moives, tunes - recycled from old tamil movies, may not be an instant hit. One good thing - there are no "Dappanguthu" songs as with Vijay's other movies. Overall - Mediocre!

coucou
23rd December 2005, 02:57 PM
i listened songs. nothing special except olli and konja konja. what is vidyasagar doing? it is a worst album of combination of ramana + vidyasagar

inetk
24th December 2005, 10:21 AM
Aadhi. 100 words.
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Avenger
25th December 2005, 03:23 AM
This is the best album from both Vijay and Vidhyasagar in the recent times.Except 1 or 2 the songs may not be catchy on the first hearing,but hear it again and again....ull sure love them.
Pa. Vijay has done an excellent job :clap: He deserves a special token of appreciation!

Justice
25th December 2005, 08:10 AM
sure flop, pretty average :oops:

Dreamchaser
25th December 2005, 08:25 PM
Oosai.com has the song only when other sites have released, I think Raaga.com is one of the very few genuine sites that put up the songs to hear as soon as audio are released.

But sometimes its always www.tamilnapster.com that releases the songs well before of the audio release or on the exact date of release, great work! iruvar vaazhum is not the song from the movie, I did make a note of that from TamilNapster, as I believe them when it comes to orginality and genuine release!

inetk
25th December 2005, 09:24 PM
In place of Iruvar Vaazhum (the best song in the soundtrack, IMO, going by the Tamilnapster list), Raaga has Olli olli udambe, which brings down the overall quality of the album a few notches!

So, which one is the real Aadhi song? Could anybody confirm?

ansa400
25th December 2005, 09:24 PM
try tamiltricks.com. The audio can be downloaded on the day of the release, that too with 200- 320 kbps quality!

Avenger
25th December 2005, 09:52 PM
Olli olli has replaced iruvar vazhum,as the director felt that atleast 2 fast beats were necessary!

In place of Iruvar Vaazhum (the best song in the soundtrack, IMO, going by the Tamilnapster list), Raaga has Olli olli udambe, which brings down the overall quality of the album a few notches!

So, which one is the real Aadhi song? Could anybody confirm?

Avenger
26th December 2005, 02:12 AM
Anyway the songs are rocking.But I feel that most of them dint have a convincing finish,but ended abruptly!

interz
26th December 2005, 03:09 AM
which other sites than oosai has iruvar vaalum???

Avenger
26th December 2005, 03:09 AM
Ya ,the quality is not good there !

which other sites than oosai has iruvar vaalum???

Avenger
30th December 2005, 02:46 PM
[tscii:cf756ff8a4] Aathi - Rollicking rhythms
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 30, 2005]

Ramana, Vijay and Vidyasagar had teamed up together to render a musical hit in Thirumalai about a couple of years ago.

Now the trio is back with Aathi, which has five catchy numbers set to tunes by Vidyasagar.

Quite typical to Vijay's earlier films, Aathi has predominantly foot-tapping and racy numbers. For such songs the usual suspects of Anuradha Sreeram, S P Balasubramaniam, Tippu, Karthik and Sujatha have come together.

Olli Olli Udambae (Karthik, Anuradha Sriram)

A rocking beginning for the album. A vibrant Anuradha Sreeram and an energetic Karthik belt out a zinger of a song. The rhythms are heavy. Understandably so. The Punjabi beats set your beats going. The pulsation is splendid. Vidyasagar shows that he has a way with mass appeal songs.

Lealakku Lealakku Leala (Kay Kay, Sujatha) This is also a thundering song that tries to fuse western and the rural music. A typical village beat coupled with a western orchestration is the highlight. More than the tune, Vidyasagar's shrewd orchestration stands apart. Sujatha, with her natural melody, and Kay Kay, with a spontaneous flow, give a good account of themselves.

Thadakku Thadakku (Hariharan, Sujatha)

The Hindustani inspiration is obvious. Hariharan is on home turf as fleshes out the nuances in the tune brilliantly. His voice stands rock solid as he goes through the higher octave with aplomb. Sujatha is more than an able foil to him. The highlight of the song is the use of tabla and flute at appropriate places by Vidyasagar. The brisk pace of the tune also adds an extra allure.

Athi Athikka (SP Balasubramaniam, Sadhana Sargam)

A music-director can relax if he has a singer like S P Balasubramaniam at his command. And SPB is at his commanding best, even though the tune is not the most original. The song deserves a special mention for it has less instrumentation and does not over ride the lyrics.

Yeai Durra (Tippu, Syndhavi)

Sure to bring the roof down is this foot-tapping number. Vidyasagar seems to have used all percussion instruments on earth to get the right feel for such a racy number. It is a rocking number that will have Vijay’s fans bringing the roof down.[/tscii:cf756ff8a4]

interz
30th December 2005, 08:29 PM
found a quality version of iruvar vaalum on

http://www.tamilmasala.net/songs.asp?id=227

july
4th January 2006, 04:28 PM
Did anyone watch aathi trailer (more look like film priview or making) .. there are one usual vijay dapankuthu intro song played along with that trailer..
and that song not included with released audio ...
seeems like there are glitch in Aathi audio...
1st ..Olli Olli Idupae not in some cd , same go for > Eruvar Vazhum
2nd.. There is Vijay intro song played in trailer..but missing in cd... :shock:

any comment on this ?? :roll:

reagan87
4th January 2006, 06:31 PM
Try listening to the lyrics of the song played in trailer and you would know its specially made just for the trailer.

july
4th January 2006, 07:06 PM
[tscii:77c54a0632]
Did anyone watch aathi trailer (more look like film priview or making) .. there are one usual vijay dapankuthu intro song played along with that trailer..
and that song not included with released audio ...
seeems like there are glitch in Aathi audio...
1st ..Olli Olli Idupae not in some cd , same go for > Eruvar Vazhum
2nd.. There is Vijay intro song played in trailer..but missing in cd... :shock:

any comment on this ?? :roll:

`Aathi` trailer premiered
By Moviebuzz
Wednesday, 04 January , 2006, 10:32
Vijay and his dad S.A.Chandrasekhara the producer of Aathi held a grand premiere of the trailer of their film produced under their home banner ‘Sooriyan Arts’ at Green Park hotel, Chennai on Tuesday (Jan 3) evening at 7 pm.

Vijay has gone savvy and high-tech with two trailers. The first trailer is “Aathi-Making Promo” of 2 minutes and 45 seconds and “Aathi- theatre trailer” of 3 minutes and 55 seconds. Both the promos have been slickly cut by Digital Magic and they have been able to give the feel of a racy action packed Vijay entertainer. The “Aathi-Making Promo” is cut very slickly and shows how the film was made in some exotic locations with all modern gadgets.

For the theatre trailer, Vijay had insisted on an additional voice over Aathi title song which is not there in the audio to give it a typical Vijay mass look. Said Vijay: “In Tirupachi there was “Kumbida Pona Deivam…” and in Sivakasi, it was “Vada Vada..Thozha…” as my introductory song. In Aathi there is no such song as the subject is the king. So in the trailer we created a special mass effect song which will not be there in the film”.

The audio of Aathi is already a hit especially the melody “Olli olli iduppae..Odiyanam ethukku.. Otha viral mothiram podumadi athukku….”, sung by Karthik and Anuradha Sriram picturised on Vijay and Trisha in Switzerland (see pic). According to producer S.A.Chandrsekhara, “Aathi is a different Vijay film which does not have the usual Vijay mass elements. Here the story is the real hero of the film. Director Ramana has done a film with Tamil nativity”.

=========
answer for my own question :lol: [/tscii:77c54a0632]

interz
14th January 2006, 09:29 PM
indiaglitz has video promoting the movies with highest expectation in pongal, have patience and watch it!!!!

vijayr
18th January 2006, 12:30 AM
Vidyasagar needs to do more low profile albums and not mass masala numbers where he gets repetitive. Thendral ennum from PasakiLigaL on Sun TV's Pongal new songs programme caught me by surprise. The movie is most probably a dud. But the song(which if the lyrics are any indication is set in a rare melakartha raga NaasikabhushaNi, which is to be verified) sung by Madhu Balakrishnan is a wonderful light classical, an almost extint genre in TFM right now. Rendered quite well by MadhuB. Check it out here
http://www.tamilsongs.net/page/build/moviedisplay/Pasakiligal/index.html

crvenky
18th January 2006, 10:23 AM
Vijayr,
VS used Nasikabhushani recently in Ji (Ding dong song). Pasakkiligal song was a sweet surprise to me too.

yvsmani
18th January 2006, 02:04 PM
paasakiligal song and some songs from paramasivam were good. but at the same time, i have to admit that 'eppo, ippo' kettavudanae ennai konjam aattam poada vaithathu enbathum unmai thaan. ( appadi podu rangeil)

vijayr
19th January 2006, 10:30 PM
crvenky, Ding Dong isnt NaasikabhushaNi, I can vouch for it.I think you have got it mixed up with some other scale probably. As far as I know this is the first song in TFM in NaasikabhushaNi(assuming it is fully verified). I wonder why apart from VS, no one consistently uses MadhuB.

yvsmani, unfortunately the likes of "olli olli udambe" will probably get more TV time.