PDA

View Full Version : "Hanuman" completes 50 days, going strong

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 10:25 AM
Movie : "Hanuman"
Genre : Animation
Director: V G Samant
Production : Sahara One Motion Picture and Percept Picture Company's

"Hanuman" has done business of over Rs 12 crores at the box office. This is the 1st time ever in India that an animation film has received such recognition. Sahara had released the film with only 150 prints across the country.

Sahara One Motion Pictures COO Sandeep Bhargava said, "The response to 'Hanuman' is fabulous and is getting stronger with every passing day. It started the first week with average collection of around 85 per cent and has picked up enormously."

What is the future of animation in India. India today has great pool of animators who are working for Hollywood productions. So will bollywood and other woods be able to exploit on these resources. I am sure there is no lack of plots, suited for animation, in India.

Surya
14th December 2005, 07:55 AM
It's a sure hit!! :D :D I like the approach of teaching old epics through animation, that way the really young generation will grasp them better.

Hanuman going for the 100 day mark! :clap:

Sandeep
14th December 2005, 12:38 PM
Hanuman Movie wallpapers

http://img.indiaglitz.com/hindi/wallpaper/MOVIES/hanuman/Hanuman181005_1024_1.jpg

http://img.indiaglitz.com/hindi/wallpaper/MOVIES/hanuman/Hanuman181005_1024_4.jpg

Lambretta
14th December 2005, 09:34 PM
Wow! When I first saw the topic of this thread in the index, I didn't pay much attention to it.......'din't realise its actually abt Lord Hanuman! Jus thot it was a name......cos there's a Telugu film called Hanuman Junction.......:)

It's a sure hit!! :D :D I like the approach of teaching old epics through animation, that way the really young generation will grasp them better.
Yea hopefully Machi......! Considering tat the only part of Ramayana tat the young gen. take interest in is the kidnapping of Sita! :evil:

Sandeep
15th December 2005, 07:49 AM
//
Considering tat the only part of Ramayana tat the young gen. take interest in is the kidnapping of Sita!
//

Come on that is not far to the youngsters.

The younger generation (in big cities) may be more westernized but they are no way disrespectful of the good aspects of Indian culture

Lambretta
15th December 2005, 08:45 AM
Come on that is not far to the youngsters.
U mean not fair, rite?

The younger generation (in big cities) may be more westernized but they are no way disrespectful of the good aspects of Indian culture
Hmm........r u sure abt tat?? :) Not tat I intend to make a generalisation (ie, of course there'll be ppl. like u/me/surya out there) but I rem. the time I was in high school (9-10th class) & also later in Inter, majority of the guys in my age-group wud talk of the kidnapping of Sita or the disrobing of Draupadi as their fav. jokes.....! :evil:

*Digression* Btw, Sandeep I notice ur posts hav lately begun to hav a lot of spelling/punct. mistakes in them......they weren't so earlier......getting too stressed out w/ ur new job at Singapore?! :wink: :P Yea, I knew wat it was like, when I was living there (felt the same even as a student!) :)

Surya
9th February 2006, 07:21 AM
Wow! When I first saw the topic of this thread in the index, I didn't pay much attention to it.......'din't realise its actually abt Lord Hanuman! Jus thot it was a name......cos there's a Telugu film called Hanuman Junction.......:)

Yea hopefully Machi......! Considering tat the only part of Ramayana tat the young gen. take interest in is the kidnapping of Sita! :evil:

:lol: Well, I think that's a bit farfetched! :D

How is it running? Has it hit the 100 day's mark? 8-)

romio
9th February 2006, 11:25 AM
'Hanuman' does record business
Author: Indo Asian News Service
Publication: Yahoo News
Date: November 16, 2005
URL: http://in.movies.yahoo.com/051116/43/612jt.html

India's first indigenous animation film 'Hanuman' has grossed a record Rs.70 million ($1.5 million), the highest ever for the genre in the country.

The 90-minute film based on the life of mythological hero Hanuman has been made by Sahara One Motion Picture's in association with Percept Picture Company and Silvertoons at a cost of Rs.25 million, reports Bollywood Trade.

In the first three days, collections were Rs.15 million, marking a remarkable start for an animation film.

Commenting on the success of the film, Sandeep Bhargava, chief operating officer of Sahara One Motion Pictures, says: 'This film has appealed to audiences of all age groups. The film has started well and will pace up in the coming weeks.'

Shantonu Aditya, CEO, Sahara One, has similar views. 'Animation has always been viewed as kid stuff, but 'Hanuman' has the complete package of songs, storyline and excellent animation that makes it engrossing entertainment for both, kids and adults,' he said.

Animation veteran V.G Samant has directed the film and Mukesh Khanna has lent his voice to the adult 'Hanuman'. The music has been composed by debutant Tapas Relia.

The makers are optimistic that the phenomenal success story of 'Hanuman' will set a precedent for many more animation films to follow.

Hanuman Review
http://www.indiafm.com/movies/review/12718/

Hanuman - A Big Hit
http://movies.indiainfo.com/features/hanuman-big-hit-181105.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Jai HanuMan
No more superman No more Spiderman We have Our Own Hanuman The Orginal SuperHero :P :thumbsup:

Lambretta
9th February 2006, 03:44 PM
:lol: Well, I think that's a bit farfetched! :D
Oh c'mon machi!! Looks like u've been away from India too long, huh?! :P

How is it running? Has it hit the 100 day's mark? 8-)
Looks like it.....I wish I cud've seen it sumtime!

Surya
10th February 2006, 07:06 AM
ROMIO MACHI!! THAT's AWESOME!! :D :D :D

Jai HanuMan
No more superman No more Spiderman We have Our Own Hanuman The Orginal SuperHero

AWESOME!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: SOOPERU!! 8-) Maybe this'll encourage the movie industry to make more Classy Movies in that genre! :thumbsup:

Oh c'mon machi!! Looks like u've been away from India too long, huh?!

That's Very Saddening! :( :cry:

Lambretta
10th February 2006, 11:06 AM
Jai HanuMan
No more superman No more Spiderman We have Our Own Hanuman The Orginal SuperHero
AWESOME!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: SOOPERU!! 8-) Maybe this'll encourage the movie industry to make more Classy Movies in that genre! :thumbsup:
Yea me hope so too! :D

Sandeep
9th March 2006, 09:05 AM
Walt Disney bags TV rights for animated hit 'Hanuman'

Mumbai, March 9. (PTI): The animated blockbuster 'Hanuman' would be telecast as a mini-serial on Disney Channel.

Stating that Walt Disney Company, India, has acquired the rights from Sahara One Motion Pictures, through their assignee Percept Picture Company to showcase 'Hanuman', Director Programming and Production of Walt Disney, Nachiket Pantvaidya said showcasing great local content was an important pillar of their localization strategy.

'Hanuman' boasted of a truly superlative story with splendid animation, featuring an Indian superhero from the mythological tales that every Indian kid has been brought up on, he said in a release.

"We are extremely excited to bring Hanuman as mini-series for the first time ever on Indian television screens exclusively for Disney Channel viewers", he added.

The entire movie would be divided into eight episodes and would be telecast in a mini-serial format, it said.

Lambretta
11th March 2006, 07:02 PM
The entire movie would be divided into eight episodes and would be telecast in a mini-serial format, it said.
This is womnderful news but is the movie tat long? :?