PDA

View Full Version : Chennai Carnatic Music and Dance Season 2004

viggop
3rd December 2004, 08:57 PM
Chennai's music season is a boon for classical music and dance lovers. 2004 Music season is about to start.
Visit http://www.sangeetham.com for schedules.
Heard that www.numtv.com is going to present kutcheris live on the internet. Enjoy the divine carnatic music!

hehehewalrus
4th December 2004, 12:58 AM
hey viggop, good to see you here. Plz keep us posted if you are in Chennai.

It is disappointing that neither Vani Jayaram nor KJ Yesudas are giving a concert for this Isai Vizha. They didnt turn up last year too :(

Tried hard to attend to their concerts in 2002 but last minue work - looks like I will never get a chance again :cry:

hehehewalrus
4th December 2004, 01:00 AM
Is this the official listing or what?

None of the trio TN Krishnan, Kunnakudi or Lalgudi feature in the violinist section.. :? :?

hehehewalrus
4th December 2004, 01:05 AM
isaivizha 2002 brings in sad memories though.

came to know of a function nearby my home to honour Semmangudi only late in the evening.
Same day was a Vani jayaram concert which I planned and couldnt go.
And same evening near my parents home was a concert by SPB which too i could not make it :cry:

viggop
4th December 2004, 12:24 PM
Is this the official listing or what?

None of the trio TN Krishnan, Kunnakudi or Lalgudi feature in the violinist section.. :? :?

I remember reading somewhere that Kunnakudi will be giving a kutcheri in Tamil Isai Sangam this year.
Lalgudi is now old and I dont think he'll be giving any more concerts. His son and daughter are in the field now to carry on the Lalgudi tradition.I used to attend the concerts when I was in chennai but now I am no longer staying there.
Jaya TV might present some of the concerts.