PDA

View Full Version : Raja Songs - Good

swathy
1st December 2005, 01:01 PM
Many Raja Songs go unnoticed might be because the movie was flop or the song not included in movie.

Please introduce the songs you know like that.

1.Tamizh sangathil padatha kavidhai - Auto Raja
2.Kannama kadhal ennum kavidhai solludi - Vanna Vanna Pookkal
3.Mangai nee mangani- Innisai mazhai
4.Idhu maanodu mayiladum kaadu - enga thambi
5.Sollividu velli nilave- Amaidhi padai
6.Engirundho azhaikkum en geetham - en jeevan paadudhu
7. vennilavukku aasaipatten - poonthottam
8. thol mela thol mela - poomani
9. netru vandha kaatru- kanmani
10. kaathirundhen thaniye- raasamagan
11. Nil Nil Nil – Pattu paadavaa
12.Vazhi vidu vazhi vidu - Pattu paadavaa
13.Naan vakka pattu poga pora oorai pathi kelu – desiya geetham
14.Ennai thottu alli konda – unnidathil ennai koduthen
15.Nilavai nilavai ippo nee pidikkum neram – Kaathirukka neramillai
16.Vizhiyile – 100vadhu naal
17.Aadipattam thedi – Michael Madhana Kamarajan
18.Putham pudhu poo- thalapathy
19.Allah un aanaipadi- Chandralekha
20. Kannukkum kannukkum modhal- ninaikka therindha maname
21. yaar thoorigai thandha oviyam- paaru paaru pattanam paaru

Sanjeevi
1st December 2005, 02:12 PM
But many songs listed above are very very hit amoung IR fans and music lovers

Also add paattu vathiyar songs

BTW many songs came in ARR's peak period (4 or 5 years).

swathy,

BTW, IR thread-layum arambichuttengala :lol: :lol: :lol:

crvenky
1st December 2005, 02:50 PM
Song 14 is from Unnai Nenachen Pattu Padichen.

meetrom
1st December 2005, 02:56 PM
Yes swathy,

U r list is gr8.... Lemme add some more also.

1. "Athikalai nerame" from Meendum Oru Kaadhal kathai (Pratap & Radhika as mentally challenged couple)

2. "Nivedha" from Nee paadhi Naan Paadhi (Raguman & Gowtami). The song has only santham.. sa..sa.. ni.. ni.. no words.. another splendor by SPB.

3. "Kootathile Kovil pura" from Idhaya Koil (Oft heard is another song "Idhayam oru Koil"... but this is really a gem.

4. "Anantha Then sindhum Pooncholaiyil" from Manvaasanai.

5. "Poo Vaadai katru..." from Gopurangal Saivathilliai

6. "Poonthalir Aada..." and

7. "Kodai kala Katre" from Panneer Pushpangal

8. "Paaramal paartha nenjam..." from Poonthotta kaavalkaran

9. "Chinna Pura onru..." from Anbe Sangeetha (*ing Thengai Seenivasan & Radhika)

10. "Maanaadum..." from Mudal Vasantham (debut movie of Ramya Krishnan)

11. "Nathiyoram..." from Bhuvana oru Kelvi kuri???(I'm not sure)

12. "Solai Poovil..." from Vellai Roja

13. "Oh Nenje..." from Darling^3.

14. "Varuthu varuthu ilangatru..." from Brahma

15. "Kallukulle vantha eeram enna..." and

16. "Oomai nenjin sontham..." from Manithanin Marupakkam

At last the most difficult one to find... I saw the song in DD once and couldn't spot it anywhere... It is

17. "Nee azhaithathu pol oru gnabagam... adhu aasai alaigalin oorvalam..." a fantastic song. Don''t know the movie name... starring Mohan & Ambika...

can anyone recognize the song???

Meetrom

abbydoss1969
1st December 2005, 03:28 PM
2. "Nivedha" from Nee paadhi Naan Paadhi (Raguman & Gowtami). The song has only santham.. sa..sa.. ni.. ni.. no words.. another splendor by SPB
That song is by keeravani,

Wonder why vasanth never worked with IR after "Keladi Kanmani" probably to have best music of all his films

rajasaranam
1st December 2005, 04:52 PM
meetrom,
Also the 13.Oh nenje is by Shankar Ganesh I believe :?

Sanjeevi
1st December 2005, 05:02 PM
meetrom,
Also the 13.Oh nenje is by Shankar Ganesh I believe :?

No doublt, Oh nenje by SG not IR

app_engine
1st December 2005, 08:06 PM
meetrom, most of the songs of your list had great air-time during their days...and are still reverberating in the ears of 1000's of people...calling them `not hit' is totally incorrect.

Same with a number of songs in Swathy's list...

Is this a deliberate attempt to term some popular songs of IR as non-popular?...I tend to suspect the motive of this thread...

(Probably the worst example of a song as not-hit is `poonthaLirAda'...both the film & song were very, very popular when released and the song is still remembered as an excellent piece of guitar work...)

ananth222
1st December 2005, 11:51 PM
I don't know how popular these were in their time, but I like these songs:

"Poo mele veesum poongaatre" from echil iravugal

"Vaanengum vanna vinmeengal" from Moondram pirai (I didn't even know moondram pirai had such a song for a long time!)

A bunch of songs from the movie "Eera vizhi kaaviyangal" (from late 70s I think)

Paattinge ra ba pa from poo vizhi vaasalile (another song I never associated with that movie until I recently found it)

"Manathil enna ninaivugalo" from poonthalir

"oranjaram" from kaakai chiraginile

ananth222
2nd December 2005, 12:59 AM
and some more:

"Yaar thoorigai" from Paaru paaru pattanam paaru
"Vaan meethilae" from Raagangal maaruvathillai
"Santhanamittu" from rusi kanda poonai
"Ilam pani thuli vizhum" from Aaradhanai

ezy0265
2nd December 2005, 08:29 AM
The topic heading is already nonsense. So far all these songs being mentioned here are all time evergreen gems of IR!

The main problem with this phenomenon is simply due to the fact that IR was giving super hits after super hits non stop and at almost weekly rate per movie, especially during his peak. We simply did not have enough time to fully digest and enjoy the full nourishment of most of his songs, because we would be feasting on the next too soon.

I remember during my college days I would be visiting my cassette shop every week without fail expecting a new IR release.

Whereas, just for example sake, if we take ARR songs, we only get to feast like 2 to 4 movies per year and if we consider true gems among them, then we are truly able to chew and chew to conserve what little we have waiting for the next to come. So in a way we have more time to contemplate and digest and in a way appreciate his songs better, some even going to the extend of claiming he has more hits. No doubt ARR has many gems to be evergreen hits too. But simply a fraction when compared to IR's library of songs.

That is also quite the case now for YSR I guess. He has also given some fantastic hits among the new MDs. But if you notice most of the movies did not end up being hits. An MD like Baratwaj is more spoken of simply because he had some hits like Autograph. I have a complete collection of YSR songs from the very beginning and most of his songs are melodious and very listenable even today. HIs standard of songs have not changed much, but he is ranked highly now due to the recent hits movies of his. That is the sad truth about the situation and market forces in TFM!?

swathy
2nd December 2005, 10:49 AM
I am sorry if I have hurt any IR fans .

Actually daily I used to discuss with one of my colleague about IR songs. One song per day. We both are IR fans

Even though being a IR fan, he didn't know many of the songs and he was very happy on hearing new songs.

I am also a member of yahoo ilaiyaraja group. I have seen people discussing with songs, which I have never heard about.

There may be lot of reasons for us to miss some beautiful songs.

This thread I created only to introduce some songs like that.

swathy
2nd December 2005, 10:54 AM
then sanjeevi namma aalunga niraya per inge irukkangannu therinjadhu adhan indha pakkamum konjam paarthittu polamennu...hihi

MusicIsLife
10th December 2005, 09:33 AM
Nivedha is not by IR, it is by Maragathamani. He had given some great hits, after the split that ensued between Kavithalaya and IR, Maragathamani was the choice of Kavithalaya, he did a great job with Azhagan (Pagalum neeye iravum neeya) is a classic and another move by Balachander (forgot the name) is awesome.

Again, Nee Pathi Naan Pathi is awesome too.

If you want to listen to the songs here it is
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000403.html

or if you want to see a AMD Duron processor blow up go here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3968806680875426898&q=amd

svaisn
12th December 2005, 09:59 AM
It is suprising to see songs from Idhaya Kovil, Paneer pushpanagal in the list/..

I personaally feel that songs like....

Siru kootule ulla kuyilukku oru 100 aasai...
Unn manasule paatu than irukuthu...
Chittu parakuthu kutralathil...

were great songs.. but didnt get enuf recognition

swathy
12th December 2005, 11:27 AM
Kaadhal un leelaiya - Japanil kalyanaraman

yesterday only i heard this song. sung by both Kamalji and Ilaiyaraja.

too good.

Tamilan
12th December 2005, 09:24 PM
ilaiayarasa song hit illainu sonna tamilargalukku kathu illainu arthamungo

hihi

swathy
12th December 2005, 10:46 PM
aiyo kadavule

nalla read panni enna solla varennu purinjukkongalen

apdi enna avasara budhi

even good songs go unnoticed. i altered the title

nilavupriyan
13th December 2005, 05:40 PM
-DELETED-

it is useful to get some unknownof ilayaraja :D

rajasaranam
14th December 2005, 12:34 AM
Kaadhal un leelaiya - Japanil kalyanaraman

yesterday only i heard this song. sung by both Kamalji and Ilaiyaraja.

too good.

A Very good song indeed! Listened to this just a year back and had been reapeat in my system for the past one year :)

Sanjeevi
14th December 2005, 10:42 AM
Paatu padava has some excellent songs

Vizhi vidu is one of my favourite song

swathy
14th December 2005, 12:13 PM
Paatu padava has some excellent songs

Vizhi vidu is one of my favourite song

sanjeevi

that is not vizhi vidu

but

vazhi vidu

first half is for SPB . second half raja for rahman. very good song

swathy
14th December 2005, 12:59 PM
Film: Ennarugil Nee Irundhal

Songs

1.Oh Unnale naan penn aanen
2.Indira sundariye
3.Nilave nee vara vendum
4.Udhayam neeye
5.Paadu patteduthu aadu

Sanjeevi
14th December 2005, 06:26 PM
swathi,
sorry i know very well, just a typing mistake. :wink:

swathy
15th December 2005, 11:18 AM
swathi,

i too know that

just kidding :wink:

Sanjeevi
15th December 2005, 11:35 AM
swathi,

i too know that

just kidding :wink:

One incident comes in my mind. My friend once told after listening that Vazhi vidu song like "IR padi mudichu SPB padumpothu Palaivanthula irunthu solaivanathuku vantha mathiri irukku" :lol:

BTW oh unnalae naan & malaiyil yaaro has some similarities?? anybody clear?

jaiganes
15th December 2005, 01:20 PM
Two songs of IR that didn't get the full attention and awe they deserved were "Putham Puthu Kalai " from Alaigal Oiyvadhillai and "Uravenum Pudhiya Vaanil" from Nenjathai Killadhae. If left alone in a desert or a place with no people, Only thing I take along with me apart from Water and food are these two songs and a CD player to loop them around and around for ever. There is nothing else that can be added to these to make them any better than their state of absolute perfectness.

netfriend4u2005
15th December 2005, 01:25 PM
Well the thread autor seems to be a suspicious person.
It seems she must not have heard these songs and one fine after listening she might have thought that like her all may NOT have heard these songs.
Well these can happen as she is in karnataka, where even Tamilians don't give enough preference to mother tongue.

cellvi2003
15th December 2005, 06:34 PM
Oh Unnale naan penn aanen
2.Indira sundariye
3.Nilave nee vara vendum
4.Udhayam neeye

These songs are simply superb, u know something i watched this crap movie especially for raja's songs. Esp that song nilave nee vara vendum... excellent.

cellvi2003
15th December 2005, 06:36 PM
Only thing I take along with me apart from Water and food are these two songs and a CD player to loop them around and around for ever. There is nothing else that can be added to these to make them any better than their state of absolute perfectness.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

app_engine
15th December 2005, 08:48 PM
jaiganesh,

While I share similar appreciation for `puththam pudhukkAlai' and `uRavenum' like you, I beg to differ on your observation of their popularity...

Two incidents:

uRavenum: It was summer of 79 and I was on a trip to Kodaikkanal. You may know of (or haven't heard of) a small little town in the same hills called `paNNaikkAdu', which also I visited then. While walking on the road, I was so pleasantly surprised by kAtRil midhandhu varum `uRavenum pudhiya vAnil'...In the hilly region, very silent morning, this sound of this song was going up and down as I walked on the road, depending upon the direction from where it was coming...

Finally, it was from a huge box speaker from a shop on the heart of the little town...kEtka miga inimaiyAna saptham...it went on to `broadcast' paruvamE and Oh thendRalE as well...I won't imagine a `not-so-popular' number to be played by a shop in a village-like-town, far far away from the big cities of TN, hidden in a hilly region...where there was probably just a small theater and nothing else except radio those days...not even TV...

puththam pudhukkAlai: While alaigal Oyvadhillai songs were hugely popular during its days (including this song which was the opening song of the disk though not picturised), this song continues to amaze music enthusiasts till today. A couple of years back, i.e. many years after the original release of AO, I was watching the marriage CD of a relative (who just got married) and the BGM was this very song! How can you say it didn't get the attention it deserved?

I don't care about the # of CDs sold etc to gauge the popularity of any song (esp. those prior to 90's when this has become one of the measures, but still not everything...and again today with MP3s, there is no more relevance to this measure)...My gauge is tea shops, buses, marriage halls and such public functions apart from `neengaL kEttavai' in both IOKS and AIR. And ofcourse, their contribution to the successes of movies themselves.

By all these measures, these two songs were very, very popular!

app_engine
15th December 2005, 09:26 PM
One song that exactly fits the description of Swathy (again IMHO, others may differ) is `dhooraththil nAn kaNda un mugham' of nizhalgaL...excellent song with nenjaippizhiyum orchestration and singing...but got overshadowed by the immense popularity of the other `big 3' (pon mAlaippozhudhu, poongathavE and madai thiRandhu)...

S.Balaji
15th December 2005, 10:52 PM
Even Malargalay naadha swarangal...from Kizakkay pogum rayil..... such a lovely song ...BR didnt use it ....why ??

One of the landmark songs for MV and SJ

raja_fan
16th December 2005, 09:53 AM
HI ALL,

HOW DID YOU ALL FORGET ONE SONG ??

THE SONG "DEVANIN KOIL..." FROM ARUVADAI NAAL.

Whenever I hear this song, it seems to be the No.1 song of Raja.
It haunts you like anything for days like Vijay's dialogue in KM "Yedho oru janmathil yengeyo paartha mugam..."
God is merciless ! Otherwise, this song would have been picturised and become popular. The pity is that even many hardcore Raja fans do not know such a song.

See the feeling in these lines

"...Inaivadhu ellaam Pirivadharkkaaga
Idhayangalellaam marappadharkkaaga
Marandhaal thaane nimmadhi"

The character in the song sings this out of love failure and seems to wait till eternity for something that never returns....................

swathy
16th December 2005, 11:03 AM
HI ALL,

HOW DID YOU ALL FORGET ONE SONG ??

THE SONG "DEVANIN KOIL..." FROM ARUVADAI NAAL.

Whenever I hear this song, it seems to be the No.1 song of Raja.
It haunts you like anything for days like Vijay's dialogue in KM "Yedho oru janmathil yengeyo paartha mugam..."
God is merciless ! Otherwise, this song would have been picturised and become popular. The pity is that even many hardcore Raja fans do not know such a song.

See the feeling in these lines

"...Inaivadhu ellaam Pirivadharkkaaga
Idhayangalellaam marappadharkkaaga
Marandhaal thaane nimmadhi"

The character in the song sings this out of love failure and seems to wait till eternity for something that never returns....................

hey i'll listen to this song atleast once in a day

i really enjoy the introduction mantra by raja

"Premam Premadhi priyam......."

humming by raja will be toooo gooood

lyrics will make me to cry

Kettal tharuven endravan neeye
ketten ondru thandhaya
aarudhal thedi alaiyudhu nenjam
aludhida kannil neerukku panjam
naano kanneer kadhali

swathy
16th December 2005, 11:18 AM
Well the thread autor seems to be a suspicious person.
It seems she must not have heard these songs and one fine after listening she might have thought that like her all may NOT have heard these songs.
Well these can happen as she is in karnataka, where even Tamilians don't give enough preference to mother tongue.

I have clearly explained why I started this thread.

Daily I used to discuss with one of my colleague about IR songs. One song per day. We both are IR fans

Even though being a IR fan, he didn't know many of the songs and he was very happy on hearing new songs.

I am also a member of yahoo ilaiyaraja group. I have seen people discussing with songs, which I have never heard about.

There may be lot of reasons for us to miss some beautiful songs.

This thread I created only to introduce some songs like that.

yedhukku thevai illama yedhedho pesittu...

iam here in blr for the past 8 years. en madurai thamizh innum ennodaiye than irukku. oor vittu oor vandha mozhi ellam vittu pogadhu.

this thread i created with a very good intention something like knowledge sharing. this may help for the teen agers who would have missed the songs which was hit on 1970s.

Yaan petra inbam peruga ivvaiyagam - main reason for creating this thread. There's nothing wrong in this.

Sanjeevi
16th December 2005, 12:07 PM
fantastic friends, keep going :D

vinatha
17th December 2005, 12:08 PM
his awesome tuning for a very old movie starring muthuraman... i think it is 'Kaatrinile varum geetam' has brilliant songs:

1. kandaen engum (janaki solo) - brilliant!!!
2. oru vaanavil pole (janaki & jayachandran) - great!!
3. chittira chevvaanam (jayachandran solo) - brilliant (tops!!!)

are an absolute must for every die hard IR fan.

so is the sharatbabu and sripriya starrer - super flop 'oru iravu, oru paravai' i think.... has a brilliant, brilliant song!! podhum podhum un vesham - SPB, susheela duet, set in shanmuga priya or simmendra madhyamam (not sure) which is just extra ordinary with a brilliant piano piece in the middle which just takes u to another world. another cool song in the same movie is 'kannaadi ramaiya' also sung by SPB and susheela. it's very difficult to get these songs...

vinatha
17th December 2005, 12:34 PM
meetrom had mentioned that 'nadiyoram' is from buvana oru ?
actually it's from annai or alayam. rajnikant, sripriya starrer

thumburu
17th December 2005, 05:04 PM
vinatha, I have doubts on "Oru iravu oru paravai". Isn't it by SG? Kannadi Ramaiyah does not sound IRish at all.

S.Balaji
17th December 2005, 05:17 PM
Naan oru pon oviyam kanden idhilay...SPB with PS

from Kannil theriyum kadhaigal...

This movie had 5 MDs ! and IR was one among them ....

produced by A.L.Raghavan....

This came ultimately as a standout song though Naan unnai nenaichen from SG was also popular....

S.Balaji
17th December 2005, 05:20 PM
There is a song....

THoranam aadidum medayil naayagan...naayagi...

a unique IR composition for SHivaji and Sripriya...

From the movie Vetrikku oruvan....

A super flot movie but the song was a hit

IT was an ageing TMS with SJ....

S.Balaji
17th December 2005, 05:24 PM
In Nadhiyai thedi vandha kadal...

there are 2 splendid numbers

Thavikudhu thayagudhu oru manadhu - Jayachandran with Shailaja

Yengeyoo edho paatondru keten - PS solo

Incidentally this was the last movie of JJ

S.Balaji
17th December 2005, 05:27 PM
Again...another SHivaji - Jaiganesh movie

PATTA KATHEE BAIRAVAN

2 OF THE ALL TIME WONDERS OF IR !

Devathai oru devathai - SPB with SJ

and

Yengengo sellum yen ennangal - SPB with SJ

I wonder whether the current generation of IR fans know the above 2 songs !

vinatha
17th December 2005, 06:49 PM
i'm not sure abt the movie name. but i'm 200% sure that kannadi ramaiah is an IR masterpiece. have u listened to podhum, podhum?

it's certainly not SG, 200% sure.

thumburu
17th December 2005, 07:31 PM
vinatha, blame my fading memory. I still have reservation whether "oru iravu.." is by IR. Which movie is this SJ solo from "iravil or poonguyil"? Isn't it from "oru iravu.."?

JayaTV featureS "then kinnam " on Friday night at 2300 hrs. Last week, they hosted 1978 numbers. I happened to hear for the first time , "Moga sangeetham", a solo by PS FROM THE FILM "KANNAN ORU KAI KUZHANDHAI". While most of us are familiar with the lovely duet (SPB,PS) "megame thoodagavaa" , not many would know of this rare gem "moga sangeetham", a very breezy, sweet ghazal type of a number. The picturization is also simple and apt[Sumithra and shivakumar pair]. It is quite remarkable how IR conveys the underlying story line through his interludes. The second interlude has a shruthi bedham which conveys the marital discord brewing between the husband and wife.

vinatha
19th December 2005, 05:36 PM
hi thumburu,

but i am sure that those were from a movie with sripriya and sharatbabu. and i cudda been possible that SG composed music for half the movie and IR for the other. not too sure. but kannadi ramaiah is by IR for sure. so is 'podhum podhum'. really a delightful, delighful number.

i have not listened to those songs that were mentioned by u in ur last post.

btw, ever listened to 'aedho ninaivugal, kanavugal manadile malarude' from agal vilakku picturised on vijaykant and shobha. truly beautiful kalyana vasantham/ chandra counce. also another wonderful chandra counce piece is 'mouname nenjil naanum nee ezhudum' pictyrised on raajeev and radhika. classic, classic songs. do check them out if u haven't. though they weren't as famous as 'o vanambaadi' from sadanai... they are a real must hear for IR fans

S.Balaji
19th December 2005, 05:40 PM
Vinatha....

Yedho ninaivugal is one of the TOP 100 songs of IR ... unfortunately, the movie disappeared soon !

vinatha
19th December 2005, 05:47 PM
yeah, i can agree that it definitely falls in the category of IR's 1st 100 songs.

20th December 2005, 02:48 AM
1000 best songs of IR:

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/justkool/tfm/good.html

Click on the 1st link and save.
To download those songs, visit http://rajaecho.tripod.com

vinatha
20th December 2005, 10:30 AM
hi swathy,

i see u have mentioned 1 song from innisai mazhai. but lemme tell u that all songs in this movie are very cool! do check them out!

and 1 more thing...'vizhiyile' from 100vadu naal is a huge hit!!!

Sanjeevi
20th December 2005, 10:35 AM
hi swathy,

i see u have mentioned 1 song from innisai mazhai. but lemme tell u that all songs in this movie are very cool! do check them out!

ya, then the kannada version of 'vizhiyile' is more hit than tamil version.

vinatha
20th December 2005, 10:47 AM
'Koottathile kovil pura' is a really brilliant song! i totally agree. it's set in raag 'kalavathi' (another gr8 song in this raag is 'adhisaya ragam' by MSV from aboorva ragangal').

but i shud say that all songs in idhaya koyil are really great like 'naan paadum mouna ragam', 'vaanuyarnda solaiyile', 'idhayam oru kovil', 'paatu thalaivan' (SPB sings beautifully in all these numbers. paatu thalaivan is a very happy, joyful song)

u have left out 1 more brilliant song from 'panneer pushpangal'. it is 'aananda raagam' set in marvellous 'simmendra madhyamam'. how cud u forget this song and the way it starts with the wonderful violin piece where suresh is shown running joyfully in the ooty hills :)

KJ's 'sindhiya venmani sippiyil muthaachu' is from 'Poonthotta kaavalkaran'.

i'm glad u mentioned 'Chinna Pura onru...', it's actually a great but rare song :)

ur 'oomai nenjin sondham' triggered the thought of another song with the same title 'indha oomai nenjin osaigal kaadhil kaelaadho?' sung beautifully by SPB with S Janaki. it's a total, total pleasure to hear. dunno which film. but it's great!

vinatha
20th December 2005, 10:53 AM
i can't imagine the no. of times the song has played on udaya TV. i think it appears atleast twice daily. it's 'jothe alli' from 'geetha' movie. also, i hear that this is played in every kannada request show on the radio in KA. 1 more thing, all the other songs in the movie are very great too. especially 'haelade nimageega' which was also in tamil in a karthik, sulakshana flick as 'devadai ilam devi'.

vinatha
20th December 2005, 10:58 AM
u wrote,

Wonder why vasanth never worked with IR after "Keladi Kanmani" probably to have best music of all his films

i too wonder why. but ur q triggered in me the wonderful music ir scored for 'pudhu pudhu arthangal'. "Keladi Kanmani" song haunts me till today. isn't it a truly, truly great song by an unbelievable genius? and what wonderful songs are 'kalyana malai' by SPB and 'guruvayurappa' by SPB and chitra. real classics!!!

vinatha
20th December 2005, 11:12 AM
eveni am very fond of 'aattam inge ra ba ba' from 'poo vizhi vaasalile', again 1 of the examples of how well IR composes for fazil in his movies :)

i see that u have mentioned "Manathil enna ninaivugalo" from poonthalir. it's a great song. wonderful rendition by SPB and SPS. no doubt. but another great, great song from that movie is 'vaa pon mayile' in 'suddha dhanyasi' by SPB, picturised on sivakumar and sujata. it's just amazing! do check it out! also i have to mention that like all other IR movies, that movie has a brilliant BG score. and the movie itself is very good and touching

vinatha
20th December 2005, 03:03 PM
no matter what happens, those big 3 of nizhalgal and their beauty can never ever be forgotten by all of us with hearing ability.

but 'madai thirandu' reminded me of another song 'rasigane, en arugil vaa' sung by IR (and SPS i think...). this was similar to 'madai...'. dunno which film. but too gud, anyways. also another similar song is 'thavikkudu thayangudu ila manadhu' by jayachandran and SPS. do check them out if u haven't already

vinatha
20th December 2005, 03:11 PM
just overlooked ur post.

i did not notice that u had already mentioned 'thavikkudu thayangudu oru manadhu'. isn't it superb and at the same time so foot-tapping?

swathy
20th December 2005, 04:00 PM
hi swathy,

IS it?

Thx for your infm. I'll chk out other songs in innisai mazhai.

vinatha
20th December 2005, 04:47 PM
hi swathy,

ok, after u do gimme feedback, OK? ;)

swathy
20th December 2005, 05:03 PM
hi swathy,

ok, after u do gimme feedback, OK? ;)[/quote]

sure vinatha

tvsankar
20th December 2005, 05:40 PM
Dear all,
One song from 'Chinna pasanga nanga'
'Mayiladum thoppil
maan ada kandaen'

Beautiful unnoticed song!!!

One film 'Anad' by Prabhu and Radha.

The songs are

1.Araaroo araaro
nee vero
naan vero

2.Hey you come

3.I want to tell you - Very beautiful song

4.Poovuku poovalae manjam undu

5.thodadha thalam - Beautiful rendition

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

thumburu
20th December 2005, 07:03 PM
Usha Sankar, "i want to tell u something" in anand has very nice choral parts with amazing trumpet and guitar. "Thodaatha thaalam" will feature in my top favourite list of SPB/SJ duets

swathy
21st December 2005, 09:55 AM
hi swathy,

vinatha i couldnt find innisai mazhai songs anywhere but i heard one song from my cousin's collections.

Vaa Vaa mannava - its ok but still my favourite is mangai nee maangani :D

vinatha
21st December 2005, 01:31 PM
[

vinatha i couldnt find innisai mazhai songs anywhere but i heard one song from my cousin's collections.

Vaa Vaa mannava - its ok but still my favourite is mangai nee maangani :D

i think what u heard what an SJ solo. but the same thing by SPB is very good :) also there are great numbers like: 'oru pachai kodi naan kaattinen' by Chitra. 'oru naga devadai kadaikkan kaattinaal', a very cool number. 'doori doori' by SPB and some female singer ( i think shoba herself), and 'netriravu nadandadenna' by SPB and SJ. 'therke parandha kili', a group song. all are good. try getting the tape.

swathy
23rd December 2005, 12:08 PM
I listened to Innisai mazhai songs. They are good

I liked adi netriravu, dhoori dhoori

tvsankar
23rd December 2005, 12:44 PM
Dear thumburu,
Neenga sonna 2 songsum ennudaiya favourties than!!!!

Film - Kavikuyil
song - Manodum pathiyilae by PS!! Rare song!!!

Film - Chinnapa Das

Song - Vanam thodadha megam
tharaiyil irangalam

Beautiful harmony!!!

Film - Guru (tamil)
song - Naan vanangugiraen
sabaiyilae
tamizhilae

Indha paatil, IR, S.Janaki il irundhu, guitar, flute enru ellariayum hard work panna vaithu
irupar!!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

ezy0265
23rd December 2005, 04:36 PM
Dear Friends,

Enjoy the wonderful BGM piece from a hit eighties movies!

I need not have even labelled it, a true IR fan would recognise it anytime!

http://as01.cooltoad.com/go/music?user=bala02&go=1

raja_fan
6th January 2006, 05:39 PM
I am searching for these songs for download.
Please help.

1. "Kaana karunguyile katcherikku" from Kizhakku Karai ( Prabhu,Kushbu )

2. "Chinna Kanna..Punnagai manna.." from some Satyaraj, Banupriya film.

3. "Adhikaalai nerame.." from "idhu oru kaadhal kadhai ( Pratap, Radhika )

4. "Sandhathil.." from AutoRaja (Vijayakanth)

ezy0265
7th January 2006, 06:41 AM
Dear Raja fan,

you have got the film titles wrong for some I think.

1. Are you referring to 'Adi Kaana Karunkuyile' from Poonthotta Kavalkaran, a Vijaykanth movie?

3.Adikaalai is from Meendum Oru Kaathal Kathai. I will upload it soon for you.

4.I think I also have a not so clear version of Sangatthil. Will check and upload if have.

ezy0265
7th January 2006, 10:52 AM
Uploaded Sangathil from AutoRaja:

http://as01.cooltoad.com/go/music?user=mohan02&go=1

ezy0265
7th January 2006, 11:06 AM
Uploaded Athikaalai from 'Meendum Oru Kathal Kathai'

http://as01.cooltoad.com/go/music?user=mohan02&go=1

Enjoy.

raja_fan
9th January 2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks a lot ezy0265 !
I am referring to "Kaana karunguyile katcherikku" from a Prabhu-Kushbu movie..must be Kizhakku Karai.

app_engine
9th January 2006, 10:00 PM
Digression:
kizhakku karai is by Deva. Very good mimicking of IR in this movie / album.
End-digression

raja_fan
10th January 2006, 10:06 AM
app_engine,

Yes ! You are right ! Kizhakku Karai is by Deva.
The song I was searching is actually from Paandi thurai by IR. I got it in coolgoose.

As you said, Deva did a very good job in xeroxing IR in songs like "Enakkena pirandhava, rekkai katti parandhava..." etc in Kizhakku Karai.

btw..can anyone pls upload "Kathi sandai podaamale.." from Jallikattu ?

kamal133
11th January 2006, 12:04 AM
I am looking for good quality song from Jallikattu,
"Hey Raja, Onranum Inru..". Did anyone hear the piano bit which Radha plays in the interlude?. Awesome. Any one have it?. Thanks.

"Kathi Sandai podaamale" is from "Kadalora Kavithaigal". Really good one. I heard in BR interview that BR picturised it first and then IR added the song to it.

app_engine
11th January 2006, 02:31 AM
"Kathi Sandai podaamale" is from jallikkattu.
"paLLikkoodam pOgAmalE' is from kadalOrakkavidhaigaL:-) The one in BR film was an impulsive composition by IR for BGM, the jallikkattu stuff which came much later was a dance song eulogising Sathyaraj...(ofcourse, both have the same tune, which IR recycled in jallikkattu)

tvsankar
17th January 2006, 11:00 AM
Dear all,
One more film 'Sadhanai' by IR - It has some beautiful songs!!

1.Oh padum vanam badi

2.Athi mara poovidhu

3.Ingae naan kanden kadhai nayagan

These are also good but not hit!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

swathy
21st January 2006, 06:00 PM
Dear all,
One more film 'Sadhanai' by IR - It has some beautiful songs!!

1.Oh padum vanam badi

2.Athi mara poovidhu

3.Ingae naan kanden kadhai nayagan

These are also good but not hit!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

yah i too have heard all these songs.beautiful songs but not known to many.

tvsankar
21st February 2006, 12:30 PM
Dear Swathy,
In IR composition, my alltime favourite - two songs iruku,

Haunting tunes!!Beautiful lyrics!!

Thena odum oda karaiye - By Sujatha - Bharani
Thena odum oda karaiye - By IR - " "

Kolusu konjum padham - by Unni krishnan and Devi - Chinna Durai!!

Ungalukum pidikum i think!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

swathy
22nd February 2006, 03:49 PM
Dear Swathy,
In IR composition, my alltime favourite - two songs iruku,

Haunting tunes!!Beautiful lyrics!!

Thena odum oda karaiye - By Sujatha - Bharani
Thena odum oda karaiye - By IR - " "

Kolusu konjum padham - by Unni krishnan and Devi - Chinna Durai!!

Ungalukum pidikum i think!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Thena odum oda karaiye - By IR --> Please let me know the movie name

tvsankar
22nd February 2006, 04:26 PM
Dear Swathy,
Thena odum - film name - BHARANI
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

tvsankar
23rd February 2006, 07:56 PM
Dear Swathy,
One more gem

film : Thandhu vitaen ennai

1.Kangalukul ennai ezhudhu

2.Mannavarae mannavare

3.Muthamaa muthu

4.Thenral nee

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

swathy
23rd February 2006, 10:02 PM
Dear Swathy,
One more gem

film : Thandhu vitaen ennai

1.Kangalukul ennai ezhudhu

2.Mannavarae mannavare

3.Muthamaa muthu

4.Thenral nee

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

I have heard Muthamaa muthu. classic song by arulmozhi and susheela. thks for introducing other songs also. :-)

kalnayak
27th February 2006, 12:46 PM
Thanthu Vittaen ennai. Is it Vikram's first movie and directed by Sridhar? Vow. Sridhar's movies had great songs always. That too with Raja - No need to tell. This combination has the movies - Ilamai oonjaladugirathu, Azhage unnai Aarathikiren, Thendrale Ennai thodu, Oru odai nathiyakirathu, Naanum oru thozhilaali, Unnai Theadi varuven, Thanthu vittaen ennai. Is any fim missing?Can any body list songs from Unnai Theadi varuven? :D

thumburu
27th February 2006, 01:29 PM
I have never heard of "Unnai thedi varuven". But you sure have missed a Sridhar-IR film whose name is evading me right now. It has some good songs like "Oh poomaalai", a jane-fonda kind of song by SJ, "enge enge sugam enge" a nice melody by SJ.

music man
27th February 2006, 04:37 PM
Can anyone help me on this old Raja's song "Ennai Thota Thendral Vandu unnai thotu poguthe...." I am mad after this song. I dont know which movie is this? Help me out

swathy
27th February 2006, 05:22 PM
Can anyone help me on this old Raja's song "Ennai Thota Thendral Vandu unnai thotu poguthe...." I am mad after this song. I dont know which movie is this? Help me out

I am sorry music man this is not by IR.

This is from the movie Thalai vaasal by Balabharathy

app_engine
27th February 2006, 08:04 PM
kalnayak,
one missing from your list is `ninaivellAm nithyA', which had the following songs:

-pani vizhum malarvanam (SPB, great fusion, big hit)
-rOjAvaiththAlAttum thendRal (SPB-SJ, lovely duet)
-kAnal neer pOlendhan kAdhal (SJ, sOga version of rOjAvaiththAlAttum)
-nee dhAnE endhan pon vasantham (SPB, one of the greatest interludes ever in TFM is the 2nd interlude of this song, IMO)
-thOLin mElE bAram illE (SPB, chorus...a song ahead of its time with afro style percussion and vocal harmony)
-kannippoNNu kai mElE (MV/PS, though dappAnguththu, it was a polished one with a stylish rhythm arrangement)

...one of the songs that I can remember from unnaiththEdi varuvEn is `oru nALil'...(sweet SPB/SJ duet)

music man
2nd March 2006, 05:58 AM
swathy,
Thanks a lot.. I am still searching for that song in the net.Dont know where I will find it.Hmmmm.

rajasaranam
2nd March 2006, 11:13 AM
I have never heard of "Unnai thedi varuven". But you sure have missed a Sridhar-IR film whose name is evading me right now. It has some good songs like "Oh poomaalai", a jane-fonda kind of song by SJ, "enge enge sugam enge" a nice melody by SJ.
Thanks thumburu for reminding me this song From 'Iniya Uravu Poothathu' :)
Iam listening to this album after a year or so that was lying in my HDD
The other songs from this film are
Chittu Polae mottu Polae
Enge Enge..Sugam Enge
Sitendra Aadayil...
Oar Poomalai...
Kaiyalae Type adikka thaanae...[This songs tune and orchestration reminds me of some other song :?]
Thottalae podhum...a great hip disco kinda song with nice rhythms in interludes...

tvsankar
3rd March 2006, 03:45 PM
Dear all,
Film : Gumbakarai Thangaiya

Songs : Paatu padikum kuyilae

: Thendral katrae thendral katrae
sedhi onnai kettaiya

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
3rd March 2006, 03:50 PM
Rajasaranam...

Sitendra aadayil is a nice composing from IR...... One will feel like doing stretching exercise as the song takes off.... the rhythm pattern will be quite interesting.....

Ir used drums and trumphet to lovely effect

S.Balaji
3rd March 2006, 03:54 PM
I am not sure if you all have touched NADHIYAI THEDI VANDHA KADAL....

This was JJ's last movie...

2 lovely songs :

1. Thavikkudhu thayangudhu oru manadhu - Jayachandran and Shailaja
2. Engeyo edho paatondru keten - PS solo

Both were super hit songs during the end 70s...

thumburu
3rd March 2006, 05:24 PM
Balaji, "Nadhiyai thedi vandha kadal" never saw the light of the day. But the songs were truly marvellous. There is another SPS solo song "poonthottam poovil peNNin jaadaigaL" which was my favourite. The beats in this song were different and pleasing.Are you aware of the fourth song which was another good female solo [PS or SJ WHICH iAM NOT SURE]

S.Balaji
3rd March 2006, 06:33 PM
Thumburu

Can you pl put the thread for Poonthottam...

Sorry for the incorrect info on Engeyo edho...it was PS - SPB duet as he will join in the mid part of the song

The 4th one should be Varaadha kaalangal by Shailaja

S.Balaji
3rd March 2006, 06:40 PM
In pagalil oru iravu , though Ilamai ennum poongaatru was a super hit number, SJ sang another innovative song....

its THAAMTHA THEEMTHA AADUM ULLAM PAADUM KAAVIYAM....

Here IR used chorus as interludes all through the song and it happened in end 70s...

however ilamai ennum overshadowed all other songs including Jayachandran sung Kalayo silayo

Engum niraindha iyarkayin enna sugamo ..... from Edhu eppadi irukku was a terrific composition from Maestro ...but unfortunately the movie failed miserably and the song also got vanished soon... its KJY with SJ for Jaishankar and Sridevi

ezy0265
3rd March 2006, 08:50 PM
Hi, any IR fans out there who remember this song? I guess it is from some dubbed movie.

It is beautifully sang by S.P.Bala and it goes something like "Kanyaakumari kanuvugalin Raani" or something like that. Only the intoxicating tune is still in my mind, not the actual words.

I am searching for this song, but it is almost impossible without even knowing the title...Any one with info?

buggle
3rd March 2006, 10:03 PM
ezy,
it's from Boppili Raja - Venkatesh and Divya bharathi ( i think).
Not sure what the tamil remake is called.
You are right, it's a great tune

ezy0265
4th March 2006, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know where to get these songs from?

Movie: Ithu Engal Neethi
Song:Paditthein Paditthein Kaadhal Paadam

Movie: Priya Oh Priya
Song: Paniyil Nanaiyum

Movie:Nilaa Penne
Music: Vidyasagar (1988?)debut year in Tamil
Song:Kichaan Kichaan & Thalaiyil Kreedangal

tvsankar
4th March 2006, 07:54 PM
Dear Swathy,
Film : Kanna unnai thedugiren

Song : Oor urangum nerathil

Beautiful lyrics!!!

Film : ?????

Song : Purakalae purakalae
pon malagi soodugnal

Song: Rettai kiligal anradum pesum

Film : Thirunelveli

Song : Ola kudisaiyilae

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

ezy0265
4th March 2006, 10:08 PM
Hi,

Managed to get hold of the song 'Kanyakumari Kanavugalin' from movie "Vaaliban". A superb melody by IR and excellent rendition by the great S.P.Bala!

http://www.cooltoad.com/go/song

Search as 'Vaaliban - Kanyaakumari Kanavugalin Rani'

Enjoy!

ezy0265
4th March 2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry guys the link to the above song is here,

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=238383

rajasaranam
5th March 2006, 01:00 AM
Hi, any IR fans out there who remember this song? I guess it is from some dubbed movie.

It is beautifully sang by S.P.Bala and it goes something like "Kanyaakumari kanuvugalin Raani" or something like that. Only the intoxicating tune is still in my mind, not the actual words.

I am searching for this song, but it is almost impossible without even knowing the title...Any one with info?

ezy,
Here is the link for bobbilli raja songs from andhravilas.com.The songs are in decent RM format.
http://andhravilas.com/downloads.asp?fid=|206|218|176
but you have to register yourself for free befor downloading. If not possible tell me I've downloaded around 30 telugu movies of IR from this site only :) I'll try uploadin them somewhere else.

ezy0265
5th March 2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks alot Rajasaranam,

I was looking for the Tamil version and I managed to request the song successfully from Oli radio and got it recorded. That's why there is a slight hiss there.

Raja, do you have songs from "Ithu Engal Neethi", "Echill Iravugal" and "Priya Oh Priya"? Each one of these movies has a gem which has been quite forgotten by many.

"Paditthein Paditthein", Poothu Nikkuthu Kaadu" and "Paniyil Nanaiyum" respectively!

Thanks

yvsmani
6th March 2006, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know where to get these songs from?

Movie: Priya Oh Priya
Song: Paniyil Nanaiyum

check pick of the week thread for this song

yvsmani
6th March 2006, 01:58 PM

Song : Purakalae purakalae
pon malagi soodugnal

its from kaathal parisu

app_engine
8th March 2006, 03:44 AM
After a long time, I was listening to `pattAsa chuttu chuttu', which sprang up from a CD from a friend on my car...(film 'poovE poochchooda vA')

It's quite a catchy song, with a nice thALa layam...

A couple of interesting observations (both related to KSC's singing):

-though this was among her first few songs in TFM, she sings like a veteran...and with her terrific pronunciation of `ch' which is used in every line in the pallavi...
('chuttu chuttu', 'maththAppuchchEla katti', `chiththAda chittu', eNNa thEchchu')...while many will sing siththAda, suttu, sela etc., like Nanjil nAttu makkaL, she stresses the cha which is so nice...Again, the very minor change of timing in the `chittuththAnamma', kind of easy / lazy variation is terrific...

-despite all this thuLLal, expert singing, one can also notice konjam thoNdai kammal:-) Focus on the 1st charanam line where she sings `dhoorach chondhamunga', konjam pisiRu therium:-))

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 12:11 AM
I wonder why KB didnt picturise one of the best composing of IR...

EDHEDHO ENNAM VALARTHEN.... in Punnagai Mannan..

I think it will appear during title !!

Was KB short of ideas on how to picturise ...

This song should be classified under one of the very best of IR and also of KSC Chechi

vasanth2006
10th March 2006, 04:12 PM
Hello Music Lovers!

it is really very very nice thread.Here after i will be active participant in this thread. Youth guys are really missing this type of songs.(but i m a youth guy).
I may tell the songs which already discussed. for that plz forgive me.

First

Film: Endrum Anbudan.

Song 1: Thulli thirindathor kalam

I think most of the music lovers loving the song. I am not the exception. definitely this song will take to the old memories.
but most of peoples forget this song. very memorable song.
SPB voice is super.

song 2: Manjal Veyil

Most of the people dnt know this song. but this song is extraordinary one. actually this is better than the prev song.
very very extraordinary melody.it will take u to the new world.
i think this s the best song of Mano.

Regards
Vasanth

swathy
10th March 2006, 05:01 PM
welcome vasanth.

eagerly waiting for more inputs from you :-)

vasanth2006
10th March 2006, 05:28 PM
Hi all!

Film : En uyir Kannamma

Song 1: Poomparayil pottu vaitha

singer : IR

what a song by raja. i didnt see that movie. but i seen the song in sun music. this is great pathos song. u can feel the feeling's of a vido by the tune, lyrics, raja voice.
this is the superb folk pathos song.raja only can do this type of songs.

Song 2: Yaarai kettu

Singer : chitra

It is a classy and rare song.even though it is not at the level of "poombaraiyil", it is the classy song. this song has some special feelings. after 3 to 4 hearings only it will be good.
highlight of the song is interlude music.raja's touch.

thanx

Vasanth

thumburu
10th March 2006, 07:00 PM
"yaarai kettu" from "ennuyir kannamma" is one of the
master strokes of Raja. He has intelligently used a generally pathos "ShivaRanjini" scale for this erotic song . One cannot miss the underlying melancholy in the tune during the charanams as if it forbodes the tragedy that is going to befall the protagonist Lakshmi when she succumbs to momentary lust. BTW, this Shivachandran directed bad movie has just few glimpses of poetry , the scenes involving Lakshmi. Another similar type of song "ennuLLe ennuLLe" from VaLLi " comes to my mind

vasanth2006
13th March 2006, 01:09 PM
Hi all!

Film : Mudivalla Arambam

Song : Thennam ketrum thendral katrum

Singers: MVD, P.Suseela?

most of the music lovers known the song. but current generation dont know the song.
it is a excellent romantic song.......................

thanx

Vasanth

vasanth2006
13th March 2006, 01:32 PM
Hi all!

Film : Kavithai padum alaigal

Song 1 : Unnai kanamal Naan

Singers : ArunMozhi, Chitra

What a romantic song! I love ArunMozhi's voice. his voice sounds in btw IR and SPB. all His Songs are real treat.
Excellent Tune.

Song 2 : Kanne en Kanmaniye

Singers : Mano, Chitra

good folk based song. i think raja done plenty of songs like this during that period. Even though this one is good.

Regards
Vasanth

swathy
13th March 2006, 02:18 PM
I have listened both the songs. both are good one. thx vasanth

vasanth2006
13th March 2006, 09:19 PM
Hi All!

Film : Selvi

Song : Ilamanathu palakanavu

singers : SPB, S.Janaki

the starting music itself tells that it is an excellent song.
Even though the interlude music has the flavour of interlude music of "siriya paravai" from "antha oru nimidam".
saram is the semi classical treat.
totally excellent song.

the same song came as the complete instrumental in the cds.
that is fantastic. even it is gives great feelings than lyrics.

regards
vasanth

app_engine
13th March 2006, 10:44 PM
I read sometime back in DF that `iLa manadhu...' song was picturised on 2 dogs in selvi...(director K Natraj...who also directed `anbuLLa Rajinikanth'...and acted as `Natraj' in moondRam piRai as the one trying to molest Viji)

crvenky
14th March 2006, 10:06 AM
app_engine, I think Selvi was directed by Rama Narayanan. Yes, it was picturised as a 'dog-duet' :(

S.Balaji
14th March 2006, 01:28 PM
crevenky...

correct.. Ilamanadhu .....it was picturised as a dog duet only !!

I wonder how IR would have reacted on seeing the song !

vasanth2006
14th March 2006, 04:37 PM
Hi All!

Film : Anbe Oodi Vaa

Song 1 : Kathil Kettadhu

Singers : MVD, PS?

This is the trademark raja style light beat duet. but the surprise is male singer is MVD for this type of songs. it is another excellent song.

Song 2 : Jodi Nadhigal pathai

Singer : SPB

This is the Pleasant surprise song. i did'nt hear the song before. recently only i heared this song. what a song!!!!!
Extraordinary song.lyrics also good. according to lyrics, this is the song for lovers who joined after the breakup.

Song 3 : Azhagana pookal

Song 4 : kanavodu enguum

Singer : SJ

both the songs has the same tune. both are good one.lyrics good.but little bit boring tune.

Regards
Vasanth

S.Balaji
14th March 2006, 05:09 PM
Vasanth...

In anbay odivaa...my favourite is Azagaana pookal as its SPB special !
I think there was a femal voice as well who sings it again ....

the hero is Mohan ??

vasanth2006
14th March 2006, 05:31 PM
I think there was a femal voice as well who sings it again ....

Yes. the same tune was sung by SJ also. but with different lyrics.
i seen the song "kadhil kettadu" in SCV. but i forgotten the hero, heroine.

thanx
Vasanth

bingleguy
14th March 2006, 06:04 PM
Hi all ............

One of our Maestro Raajaa's best was the Guitar Grace in Ilaya Nila pozhigiradhu song ... he brought the best our of GUitar n SPB n that song ! Amazing treat !

swathy
15th March 2006, 09:50 AM
I really wonder how I missed so much of songs by IR. Thanks a lot :-)

vasanth2006
15th March 2006, 03:16 PM
Hi All!

i think the following songs will not be known by most of the peoples. may be hardcore fans of IR and guys who are in same generation of IR period known this songs.

but the songs are high level songs.

Film : Archanai Pookal

Song 1 : Avaram kattukkul

Singers : MVD, Jency or sp shailaja?

Lovely song. Extraordinary tune. how this guy
(Raja) able to make variety of tunes?.
the female singer is Jency or sp shailaja?. if anybody knows, plz reply.
but the starting guidar bit reminds some other song (" tamizh sangathil" from auto raja?).

Song 2 : Kaviriye kaviriye

Singers : SPB, SJ

this another good duet by SPB,SJ. i think saranam tune is excellent.
another tabala song. if the song did with another type of rhythms and instrument?

Song 3 : vazhimel vizhi

what a semi- classical song. this is an extraorinary song which is in the same level of 1st song.

hey guys, if u not hear this songs, plz hear first.

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
15th March 2006, 03:21 PM
I really wonder how I missed so much of songs by IR. Thanks a lot :-)

There are lot of songs like these.
may be hardcore fans of IR and guys who are in same generation of IR period known these type of songs.

New IR fans or this generation may not know these.

but they are real treat.

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
15th March 2006, 03:52 PM
Hi All!

Film : Achaani

Song 1 : Madha un kovilil

Singers : SJ

i think this song is already dicussed in any one of the thread in TFM page.it is really extraordinary song.
that god's grace only give such talent 2 raja.

Song 2 : Thalatu pillaiyundu thalatu

Singers : SPB, PS

superp thalatu.great duet.

Thanks
Vasanth

Sanjeevi
15th March 2006, 04:36 PM
Vasanth good work, keep and nice going :D

vasanth2006
15th March 2006, 06:00 PM
Hi All!

Film : Alai Osai

Song : Neeya Azhaithadu

another great duet. a complete song. lyrics,tune, interlude music, voice all are excellent. for some good songs, any one of this will fail.
but this song has all the things.

Film : Agaaya Thaamaraigal

Song : Anandha vellathile

Singer : MVD, sp shailaja ?

this is little bit different song. i thought it is below average song at first time hearing. but after 3 to 4 hearing, it is sounds good.
saranam tune is highlight of the song.
MVD is singing melody for a change.(he did many melodies. but he did fast numbers most.)

Regards
Vasanth

ananth222
15th March 2006, 09:42 PM
One of my favorite albums is:

Film: Eeravizhi Kaaviyangal
songs:
1. En gaanam indru arangaerum (IR)
2. Pazhaya Sogangal (IR)
3. Kanavil mithakkum (KJY)
4. Kaathal Panpaadu (KJY)

Some great experimental music and some of IR's best guitar usage
The songs look like they are from a different world (esp. 2 and 3)
"kanavil mithakkum" music really makes one feel like floating on the clouds!

vasanth2006
17th March 2006, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

the following songs are extraordinary songs. (some songs are mega hits and some are rare gems) and they will taken to some type of dreams. please check out.....

Film : Aanantha Kummi

Song 1 : Thindaaduthey

Song 2 : OH VENNILA

Song 3 : oru kili uruguthu

Singers : SJ

Song 4 : intha umai nenjin osaikal......

Singers : ?

Regards
Vasanth

buggle
17th March 2006, 08:14 PM
vasanth,
oru kili uruguthu got SJ and SPS.
SJ steal the show in that song...

vasanth2006
20th March 2006, 04:02 PM
Hi All!

Film : Chakalathi

Song 1 : Vadai vatuthu

Singer : IR

A beautiful melody song. saranam and interlude music is the highlight of the song.

Song 2 : Enna pattu pada

it is a joyful song. it is a "orambo " type of song.
it has some fun lyrics.

Regards
Vasanth

vasanth2006
21st March 2006, 01:24 PM
Hi All!

Film : Echil Iravukal

Song 1 : Poo mela vesum poonkatru

I think most of the peoples known this song.

Song 2 : Pootha malligai kattu nigguthu

it is a masterpiece from the legend. it will take in to the another world. it is the same class of "malayil yaro manothodu".
if u really miss this song, please first hear this.

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
21st March 2006, 01:32 PM
Hi All!

anybody(raja fan) watching this thread? or i am just posting for

myself?.

please give ur inputs/comments/feedbacks.

i think there are n number of songs that are unnoticed.

in this thread, just we can discuss and make the song known to every raja fan.

i seen very lesser amount of inputs.

give ur inputs.

Thanks
Vasanth

ezy0265
21st March 2006, 05:57 PM
Vasanth,

I think Pootha Malligai is not from Ecchil Iravugal. The song is actually Poothu Nikkuthu Kaadu. Even Sukravathanee has uploaded it wrongly as from Echil Iravugal.

vasanth2006
21st March 2006, 07:14 PM
Vasanth,

I think Pootha Malligai is not from Ecchil Iravugal. The song is actually Poothu Nikkuthu Kaadu. Even Sukravathanee has uploaded it wrongly as from Echil Iravugal.

so Pootha Malligai is from "Poothu Nikkuthu Kaadu"?

i download that song from Echil Iravugal.
source = rajaecho.tripod.com

thanks for ur information

Regards
Vasanth

swathy
22nd March 2006, 10:19 AM
Hi Vasanth!

I regularly read all your posts. I feel You should have created this thread instead of me :wink:

Thanks for your support. :-)

I am sorry I really dunno many songs in the list and hence I couldn't make any comments .:cry:

ezy0265
22nd March 2006, 04:01 PM
Dear Vasanth,

Let me be clear now.

The song in Ecchil Iravugal is "Poothu Nikkuthu Kaadu" and not "Pootha Malligai". Pootha Malligai is from some other movie. It is wrongly uploaded by someone.

ananth222
22nd March 2006, 10:53 PM
According to this:
http://www.raaja.com/ric/film/FL000847.html

both of the songs are from Echchil Iravugal. Is the song "poothu nikkudhu" available anywhere?

I don't know from where they came up with the such a name anyway!!

vasanth2006
24th March 2006, 12:53 PM
Hi All!

i think most of the raja fans known this film songs.
may be this is for this generation.

Film : En Jeevan Paaduthu

Song 1 : Ore murai

this is my all time fav.Evergreen hit from maestro.
if i explains about this type of songs, then i may need more than 500 pages. so i m not.

Song 2 : Kadhal Vennila

this is another gem from ragathevan.

Song 3 : engiruntho azhaikkum

Singer : Asha Bonslay

Singer : IR

this gives little bit different experience for me. because when i first hear song, it looked like normal song. (because this song is different pattern apart from IR pattern. so for me it takes lot of time to recognise this song. )
after multiple times of hearing, i thiought this is mind blowing song.

Song 4 : Katti Vachikko

Singer : MVD, SJ

what a rhythm!!! really it will be diffrent rhythm pattern at the time of movie release. very good folk song.

Song 5 : Mouname

Singer : SPB, chitra

i known this song from "today's pick of the week". i think i need more time to familiar with this song.

any other good songs missed in this film?

Regards
E.Vasanth

vasanth2006
24th March 2006, 01:25 PM
Hi All!

i dont know anything about this movie. whos is actor,actress and director? when this film released?. i dnt know weather the following songs are exactly from this film.

i think most of the songs in the movie are good, but not an extraordinary catagory. there are some exceptional. check it.......

Film : En Purushaanthaan Enakkumattumthaan

Song 1 : pullai kooda pada vaitha pullankuzhal

Singer : KJJ

it is very good pathos song. this song reminds some other raja song.( but i didnt remember. it may be from "manathil uruthi vendum").

Song 2 : samikale samikale

this is very ordinary and usual pathos raja song. after hearing this song, this film may come after 1988. IR did many songs in 90's same like this song.

song 3 : kathu kathu utha kattu

Singer : SPB, i am unable to predict the lady singer

this is another good mood/romantic song from raja. saranam has better tune. it is good one.

song 4 : manathil oru poo puthathu.

Singer : PS

good lady solo. the interlude flute is followed by the voice is nice creativity.

Song 5 : Poo mudithu pottu vaitha

Singer : KJJ, chitra

i think this is the pick of the album. Excellent duet.

Regards
Vasanth

vasanth2006
24th March 2006, 01:39 PM
Hi All!

Film : Enkitte Mothathe

Song : onnoodu rendunnu

Singer : MVD, SJ

really excellent folk based song. IR once again prooves that he is the master in rendering the folk tune in the excellent way.

there are some other songs in this movie.( ean mama, sariyo sariyo, ivan veeran sooran). they are also good in many places of song.

Regards
Vasanth

ezy0265
24th March 2006, 02:25 PM
ananth222,

Please check your link one more time, how do you say both the songs are from the same movie. 'Poomela veesum Poongatre' is not 'Pootha Malligai'.

Poothu Nikuthu is only available a rm file under song of the day archive. I can't find the mp3 version anywhere either.

vasanth2006
27th March 2006, 05:19 PM
Hi All!

Film : Illamai Ithoo Ithoo

song : alli vacha malligaiye

singers : Deepan chakravarthi or SNS?, SPS or PS?

Excellent song.

Regards
Vasanth

sriharisrinivasan
29th March 2006, 11:02 AM
Here is my list

1) Mayanginen solla thayanginen - movie name ???

2) Poongatre ini pothum - sad version sung by himself

3) nila kuyile - Magudi

4) oru devathai vanthatu - Nan sonnathe sattam

5) kaalam maralam - aradhanai???

6) oru jeevan padalodu - movie name ???

7) adhi kaalai nerame - meendum oru kadal kadai

8) sugam sugame

9) oru vanavil pole

10) rasathi rasathi penne - I think it is from Ilayavan; brilliant
orchestration in this song sung by anuradha sriram.

Still more to come..........

Regards,

Srihari S.

swathy
29th March 2006, 11:29 AM
Idho Idho en nenjil ore paadal

adho adho en padalil ore raagam

I saw this song few days back in Sun Music. I guess the MD to be IR. Am I right? Can anyone tell me the name of the movie.

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 12:19 PM

I saw this song few days back in Sun Music. I guess the MD to be IR. Am I right? Can anyone tell me the name of the movie.

Exactly IR is MD.

Film is "Vattathukkul sathuram".

two female singers sung the song.

yvsmani
29th March 2006, 05:35 PM
vasanth2006 :
en purushan thaan enakku mattum thaan - songs are by P.jeyachandran instead of KJJ as u have mentioned

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 06:31 PM
Here is my list

1) Mayanginen solla thayanginen - movie name ???

2) Poongatre ini pothum - sad version sung by himself

3) nila kuyile - Magudi

4) oru devathai vanthatu - Nan sonnathe sattam

5) kaalam maralam - aradhanai???

6) oru jeevan padalodu - movie name ???

7) adhi kaalai nerame - meendum oru kadal kadai

8) sugam sugame

9) oru vanavil pole

10) rasathi rasathi penne - I think it is from Ilayavan; brilliant
orchestration in this song sung by anuradha sriram.

Still more to come..........

Regards,

Srihari S.

Srihari,

i know some of the songs movies........

1) Mayanginen solla thayanginen - Naane Raja Naane Mandiri

this is the master piece from maestro.

i had one long time doubt on this song.
who are all the singers?(KJJ or Jayachandran and PS?)
if anybody knows, then reply.

6) oru jeevan padalodu - Anantha Raagam

Singers : KJJ?, SJ

9) oru vanavil pole -- katrinile varum geetham

Singers : JayaChandran?, SJ

Nice Songs.....

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 06:34 PM
vasanth2006 :
en purushan thaan enakku mattum thaan - songs are by P.jeyachandran instead of KJJ as u have mentioned

mani,

first of all i am not expert in the singers area.

by assumption only, i posted. thanks for ur information.

any bisthu on singers can help me regarding singers.

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi All!

i am going to give the list of songs which contains both famous and unknown songs

Film : Ilamai Kalangal

Song 1 : Pada vanthathor

Singers : PS? and KJJ or Jayachandran?

top class song from musical genius.

Song 2 : eramana rojave

singer : KJJ

most of the people known this song.

Song 3: Ragavane ramana

Singers : anybody can reply for this.
this is the superb classical song from raja.

song 4 : isai medaiyil

singers : SPB and SJ

this also another master piece. interesting thing in this song is rhythms in this song. very different rhythm pattern is used.

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 08:14 PM
Hi All!

Film : GRAMATHU MINNAL

song 1 : Rettai kili suthi vantha thoppukule

Singers : IR and Chitra

extraordinary song.dont miss this song.

song 2 : Nee pogum pathayil manasu poguthamma

Singer : MVD

folk song. most of the people known.

there is another good song in this movie. i need time to familiar with that song.

thanks
Vasanth

swathy
29th March 2006, 08:17 PM

Exactly IR is MD.

Film is "Vattathukkul sathuram".

two female singers sung the song.

thanks vasanth :-)

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 08:20 PM
Next Film : DEIVA VAKKU

song 1 : orellam samiyaga parkkum unnai

singers : KJJ and SJ

excellent song. something in this song. because while u r hearing this song it will take in to the memeories.

Note : there is another song "valli valli". i guess u all know that.

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 08:28 PM
Next Film : Illamai Kolam

Song : Vacha parvai therathadi machan kuri maradhadi

singer : kJJ?

superb kuthu song with nice melody touch. the starting music is excellent.

Regards
Vasanth

swathy
29th March 2006, 08:47 PM
vasanth u missed the song

indha ammanukku yendha ooru kettu konjam sollu - Deiva vakku

S.Balaji
29th March 2006, 08:51 PM

Regards
Vasanth

Vasanth

Ungai Thalayil ongi oru kuttu vida vendum pola irukku :o

Have you forgotten other 2 gems ??

Sridevi yen vaazvil arul seyya vaa - Indola ragam from KJY

Nee ilaatha podhu engum nenjam - Malaysia with Sujatha

Outstanding composing from IR and these 2 songs were heard for a loooooooooooong time

sriharisrinivasan
30th March 2006, 10:18 AM
Hi vasanth,

I think "Mayanginen Solla Thayangunen" is sung by Jayachandran.

Regards,

Srihari S.

rayan36
30th March 2006, 12:49 PM
what about Kalangathale from natpu

Kathal Ragamum from Indiran Chandran

Vanam Kezhe from Thonngathey Thambi Thongathey

Vikram from Vikram

Kavithai Padu from a mohan movie i think its
Thendrale Ennai thodu

All above songs r very rare n u can hardly hear it in radio's nowdays :wink: :wink:

vasanth2006
30th March 2006, 02:24 PM

Regards
Vasanth

Vasanth

Ungai Thalayil ongi oru kuttu vida vendum pola irukku :o

Have you forgotten other 2 gems ??

Sridevi yen vaazvil arul seyya vaa - Indola ragam from KJY

Nee ilaatha podhu engum nenjam - Malaysia with Sujatha

Outstanding composing from IR and these 2 songs were heard for a loooooooooooong time

Sorry.first of all i am not from that generation. i may miss some of the songs. if i miss some songs, please point out.

I heared "Sridevi yen vaazvil arul seyya vaa" song. it is very nice song. but i did'nt know that it is from "ilamai kolam".

regarding the next song, really i didnt hear.

could u tell any online source for that songs?

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
30th March 2006, 02:45 PM
Hi All

Film : Jothi

Song 1 : Asai Madhana

this song is good song. even though it is not a extraordinary song it has the many experimentations.

it is a very very different song. it is starting with carnatic touch.(tune and rhythm).
then this same song is turning as folk based. then some time later it is turned as western backround. the interlude music is based on western. in interlude music then becoming fusion.

great orchestration

Song 2 : Siricha Kollimalai kuyilu

Singers : SPB, Jency or sps?

it has catcy tune and rhythms. excellent duet.

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
30th March 2006, 03:05 PM
Hi All!

Film : Thaikku oru Thalatu ( i am not sure about the film name. if it is wrong then anybody come with correct name)

Song : Malaikarukkalil solai karunkuyil

Singer : KJJ

it is really gem from IR. it is starting music itself tells the mood of the song.dont miss the song.

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
30th March 2006, 03:29 PM
Hi All!

Film : sirai paravai

Song : Anantham pongida pongida

Singers : KJJ and chitra or uma ramanan?

such a classical song. this is one of hot fav.

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
30th March 2006, 04:59 PM
Hi All!

Film : Paarvathi Ennai Paaradi

song : chinna poonkili sindum thenmozhi

Singers : SPB and SJ

this is another excellent duet by sucessful combo spb and sj.
i think this film came in the early 90's.
this song has the shades of "Neethane naal thorum" from "pattu vattiyar"
but this also a good song.

thanks
Vasanth

sriharisrinivasan
31st March 2006, 12:46 PM
1) All songs from Mogha Mull - a forgotten gem
2) Thodatha Thalam Poda vendum- ??????
3) Ethi vacha neruppinile - ???? (SPB and Chithra has sung this
song)
4) Manjal Nilavukku
5) Engengum Kandenamma - sung by SPB and Malaysia
Vasudevan for Vennira Aadai Moorthy and Suruli Rajan
- Can you imagine??? Total variety by both the singers. Infact
Malaysia had overshadowed Spb a bit with his singing. If you
can identify who has sung for whom by listening to the song.

swathy
31st March 2006, 01:16 PM
I think the 2nd song Thodatha Thalam Poda vendum is from the movie ANAND

sriharisrinivasan
31st March 2006, 02:35 PM
1) En vazhvile varum - Thambikku enna ooru

2) Engengo sellum - ???

3) Yaar thoorigai - Paaru Paaru Pattanam Paaru

4) En nenjil eno & uchi vaguntheduthu - Rosappoo ravikkaikari

5) Edho Ninaivugal kanavugal - amazing song ( Vijayakanth starrer)

6) Uravenum pudiya vaanil,
Parume,
Ee thendrale - cameo by P.Suseela
All from Nenjathai Killade

Is "mammi peru maaru" from the same movie??? U won't
believe if it is sung by S.Janaki after listening to the song.

7) Uravugal thodarkadai - KJY at his best.

8) Unnaithane - just the start is enough.

9) Kaathodu poovurasa

10) Mookuthi poomela kaathu - ????

Regards,

Srihari S.

tvsankar
31st March 2006, 04:26 PM
Dear Srihari,
1.Engengo sellum --- Pattakathi Bhairavan

2.Kathodu poovurusa --- Anbuku naan adimai

3.Mookuthi poo melae - Mouna Geethangal - MD is Gangai Amaran - not IR

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

vasanth2006
31st March 2006, 06:47 PM
Dear srihari

Manjal Nilavukku ---- Muthal iravu

Edho Ninaivugal kanavugal --- agal vilakku

thanks
vasanth

Renault
31st March 2006, 06:52 PM
I wanted to add..

Meenkodi theril manmadha raajan (Karumbu Vil)

Aathu Mettulley (Gramathu adhyayam)

tvsankar
31st March 2006, 07:48 PM
Dear all,
Film : Paatukoru thalaivan

1. Azhiathadhu yaro by jikki and Mano

2. Azhagiya nadhiyena - by SPB and Chithra - Rajini padalil irukum oru flow, indha padalil mild aga irukum!!!

3. Ellorum Rasanna podhu janaga yaru yaru - MVD

Idhuvum konjam rajini style padal madhiri irukum!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

narayanan
31st March 2006, 08:12 PM
Did anyone mention about 'Eera Vizhi Kaviyangal', one of the best I've heard. Kanavil Midhakkum, En Gaanam and Pazhaya Sogangal are my picks.

Naalum En Manam from Nilavu Suduvadhillai
Vezhambal Kezhum from Olangal (Malayalam)
Thumbi Vaa (actually rehash of Auto Raja's Sangathil Padaadha in Malayalam)
Then Poove Poove - Anbulla Rajinikanth
Vaanam Thodadha Megam - Chinnappadas
Kannan Vandhu - Rettai Vaal Kuruvi
Ennullil Engo - Rosappoo Ravikkaikari
Allith Thandha Boomi, Kaise Kahoon, Manjal Veyyil - Nandu
Anandha Thenkatru, Samayal Padame(quite a funny song, infact this was remade as 'Enna Samayalo' in Unnal Mudiyum THambi) from Manipur Mamiyar (movie never released).
Mandhiram Idhu - Aavarampoo

tvsankar
31st March 2006, 08:42 PM
Dear Narayanan,
Beautiful listings!!!

Vanam dhodadha Megam - Great song !! by CHithra? Beautiful harmony in minor scale!!! Ennudiaya alltime favourite idhu!!!!

Ennulilae Engo - Solla varthai illai!!!

Manjal veiyil - Uma RAmanan padiyadhal padal saaga varam petradhaga ennuven!!!!

Unga list il ulla anithum enaku pidikum.Analum melae sonna padalgal ellam konjam adhigamaga pidikum!!!

Thanks for the nice listings!!

Innoru padal from Periya Marudhu!!

Song : Vedala pullae nesathulae by Swarnalatha!!!

Indha padaluku Swarnalatha nalla selection!! First time ketkum podhu ordinaryaga than thonrum.Anal ketka ketka , composing vaule feel panna mudiyum!! En son ku migavum piditha song idhu!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

swathy
31st March 2006, 10:41 PM
I dunno whether this is by IR.

Yeriyila yelandhamaram thangachi vacha maram - Karai ellam sengabagapoo

rajasaranam
31st March 2006, 11:26 PM
Ofcourse its by Raja Swathy :)
Amazing Choral coloring all over the song. One of the best from Raja. The film version has Raja's voice starting the song while in the cassette version the song is sung by SPB I believe!
the movie has another great WCM and folk fusion song - 'KalayanRaman' :)

narayanan
1st April 2006, 02:59 AM
Few more..

Hey Rasathi from Ennuyir Thozhan
Azhagana Manjappura from Ellame En Rasathan
Vaana Mazhai Pole from Idhu Namma Boomi
Poongaviyam from Karpoora Mullai (is it that unknown?)
Kottu Melangal and Ippodhenna Thevai from Makkal Aatchi
Rim Jim - Mahadev (just heard the pallavi, that itself was amazing! :))
~~~=========
Usha akka,
Vaanam Thodadha Megam is one of my favourite songs too, its one song thats driven me mad searching for it. Finally it came out as a Project Gem release :P

I dint hear Ennullil Engo until recently, Pattu Venna Selaikkari was the most repeated song on TV. Wonderful song

app_engine
1st April 2006, 04:28 AM
swathy,
`kAdellAm pichchippoovoo...karaiyellAm sheNbagappoo...nadE maNakkudhulla, namma nalla mavan pORa pAdha'nnu Raja pAda aRpudhamAna guitar piNNani pinni edukkumE andhappAttai maRakka mudiyumA?

Raja - Prathap Pothen combo always produced scintillating guitar songs...this is another movie like that...though the film was a big time flop...another Sujatha classic butchered in the movie form:-(

swathy
1st April 2006, 09:11 PM
Vanna nilave vaigai nadhiye - Paadadha thenikkal

Mandhira punnagaiyo manjal nilavo - Mandhira punnagai

Machi mannaru + Thambi nee nimirndhu paarthiya - En uyir thozhan

swathy
1st April 2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks app_engine and rajasaranam :-)

narayanan
1st April 2006, 10:47 PM
Azhagana Pookal from Anbe Odi Vaa
Naan Enbadhu Nee Allavo from Soorasamharam
Oomai Nenjin Oosaigal from Anandha Kummi

narayanan
4th April 2006, 06:07 AM
Anyone heard 'Uruginen Uruginen' from a movie called 'Anne Anne'? I heard this yesterday and hooked on this song all day.

Does anyone know more about this 1983 movie?

sriharisrinivasan
4th April 2006, 06:44 AM
Some more....

1) Thulli ezhunthathu pattu

2) Poovile medai - pagal nilavu ( Didn't come in the movie)

3) Poomaalai oru paavai anathu - ???

4) Maanin Iru kangal - ???

5) Nilavondru kanden - ???

6) Malare Pesu mouna mozhi - ???

7) Aagaya thamarai arugil vandatho...

8) Vizhiyile malarnthathu - Bhuvana oru kelvikkuri

9) Thanniyila Nananjaa - Keladi Kanmani ( Brilliant singing by Uma
Ramanan)

10) Manjal Veyil Maalayitta poove - ??? (Again by Uma ramanan)

Regards,

Srihari S.

swathy
4th April 2006, 09:30 AM
3) Poomaalai oru paavai anathu - Thanga magan

4) Maanin Iru kangal - Mappillai

6) Malare Pesu mouna mozhi - Geethanjali

10) Manjal Veyil Maalayitta poove - Nandu

sriharisrinivasan
4th April 2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks Swathy.

Regards,

Srihari S.

vasanth2006
4th April 2006, 11:15 AM
Dear Srihari,

Aagaya thamarai arugil vandatho...

it is from nadodi pattukkaran.

singers : IR and SJ.

Thulli ezhunthathu pattu

it is from Geethanjali.

Thanks
Vasanth

bingleguy
4th April 2006, 11:15 AM
Hi all !

What is Raja's latest song ?

narayanan
4th April 2006, 11:34 AM
Nilavondru kanden - ???

That is from Kairasikaran

swathy
5th April 2006, 10:15 AM
Thannanthaniyaga oru theevu undu - Nilave mugam kaattu

vasanth2006
5th April 2006, 02:52 PM
Hi All

1) Paadum Paravaigal --- ekantha velai ( i think everybody knows "keeravani" song).

2)Lakshmi --- thennam kettrum

3)Pillai Nila ---- raja magal

4)Pillai Nila ---- azhage azhage

5)Periyamma ---- Poove varuga ( i think nobody knows this song.exception is hardcore IR fan. dont miss this song.)

thanks
vasanth

vasanth2006
5th April 2006, 02:53 PM
List continues..........

6)Manipoor Maamiyaar ---- rasigane en arukil vaa (the film is not released)

7)Manipoor Maamiyaar ---- Anantha then katru thalatuthe.

8)Kodai Mazhai ---- katrodu kulalin nadhame (such a classical song)

9)Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai --- Kannan aruke padavendum ( it is a real treat for vani jeyaram fans)

10)Nee Sirithaal Deepavali ---- sindu mani punnagaiyil

11)Nallathor Kudubam ---- sindu nathikaraiyoram ( rare IR + TMS + PS gem).

12)Meendum Oru Kaathal Kathai --- athi kalai nerame

thanks
vasanth

sriharisrinivasan
5th April 2006, 04:25 PM
1) Kungumam manjalukku inruthaan - kjj & sj

2) oru poovanathile - kazhugu

3) Iru paravaigal malai

4) Siriya paravai

Regards,

Srihari S.

vasanth2006
5th April 2006, 04:41 PM
srihari,

Iru paravaigal malai ---- niram maratha pookkal

Siriya paravai ---- antha oru nimidam.

Regards
vasanth

narayanan
5th April 2006, 04:46 PM
kungumam manjalukku is from 'enga mudhalali'? remember that video with Vijayakanth, Kasthuri. not completely sure of the movie name.

tvsankar
5th April 2006, 06:52 PM
Dear Vasanth,
Unga list il oru chinna doubt!!

Lakshmi - film il song - Thenna marathualae
thendral adikidhu
Nandhavana kiliyae
adiyae punnavana kuyilae

indha song dhan iruku!! By IR and PS !!

Thennkitrum thendal katrum is from the movie - MUdivalla Arambam !! By MSV and PS !!

Neenga irandaiyum matri solliteenga - i think !!

Periyamma - Film name?
Song - Link iruka ? koduka mudiyuma?

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

narayanan
5th April 2006, 11:30 PM
Periyamma seems to be Bhanumathi's movie in 1993, I dont even remember seeing the poster of it anywhere during those times :roll:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewlite.php?t=1311
~~~~~~
actually the song which vasanth sounds nice, but it kind of reminds me some other song of Raja(Paatu Vadhiyar ?), donno which i it is :roll:
~~~~~~
Did anyone mention 'Metti Oli'(I love this song) and 'Sandha Kavigal' from 'Metti'

vasanth2006
6th April 2006, 11:53 AM
usha akka,

u r correct. i know the 2 songs.

actually i want to tell the song "thenna marathula thenral"

i wrongly typed that one.( i already told "thennam kettrum" song in this thread.)

thanks akka.

for Periyamma songs,

http://savefile.com/files.php?fid=8782035

Note: this link will download 3 films.not only Periyamma.

narayanan,

Yes. this song's BGM sounds similar like "neethane naal thorum" from pattu vattiyar. but the tune is different then pattu vattiyar song.

u can download almost all of the raja songs from

http://rajaecho.tripod.com/

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
7th April 2006, 05:42 PM
Hi All,

1)RajaRishi --- Maan kanden Maan kanden

2)Rishi Moolam --- Mazhai varuvathu mayilukku theriyum

3) puthiya raagam --- oh... janani

4) " --- malligai malai katti

5) " --- vadumo Oviyam padumo kaviyam

6)Rusi Kanda Poonai --- anbu mugam (this song tells that why we are calling as maestro)

7)Rishi Moolam --- Neramithu neramithu

8)Kannukku Mai Ezhudhu --- anbu malarkalin solai ithu (Definitely raja retunes the "manthira punnaigaiyo" song. but nice song.)

thanks
Vasanth

tvsankar
7th April 2006, 09:53 PM
Dear Vasanth,
Ungaloda periya list il indha song ai solliteengala?

Mounamae nenjil naalum nee ezhudhum
kanavae kavidhai - by KJY - from the film "Urangadha Ninaivugal"

In this film, another song by SJ - i think - different composition by IR !! Link irukuma?

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

vasanth2006
10th April 2006, 03:35 PM
Usha Akka,

I am also searching for that song. i heard one or two times only.

i dont have the link.

if u find any link, then Let me know.

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
10th April 2006, 05:15 PM
[tscii:0b558c5baf]Hi All,

Today little bit familiar and unbelievable gems......

1)sadhanai --- Oh vanam Padi

2)Sami Potta Mudichu --- Madhulam kaniye

This is special song for me. It mesmerizes me lot. Because of these types of songs only, I

liked raja voice very much. The pronunciation of raja is very excellent. You can see the

difference between IR and SJ.

Excellent romantic lyrics.

The second stanza will come like this….. A treat from raja and the lyricist(who?).

IR:Uchi mudhal padham thorum
Neril kana podhai erum
Konji konji kooda vendum kalam thorum
SJ: vetri kodi ettri ettri
vagamodu therai ooti
sutri vandha rajarajan un thazh potri
IR: Mutrugaiyai pottapodhu mogam vidumo
Munnirukkum mogavasal thagam vidumo
SJ: karpanaikkum veli poda vendum thalaiva
Kadhalikku nanam melum kodum allava
IR: mogam isai padum udale
Kaman vilaiyadum thidale

3)Thalatu Padava --- Neethane Neethane

4) " --- varathu vantha nayagan

5) " --- Vennilavukku vanatha pudikkalaya

all the above three songs are sung by Arunmozhi,SJ. (Superb duets. )

6) Thaalattu --- Methuva thanthi adichane

7) Tik Tik Tik --- ithu oru nila kalam

raja plays with the western music in this song. He prooves that how can give the rich feel with simple western composition.
in the interlude one humming (nagarthana... nagarthana...) will come.(raja's voice?).
that is fantastic. the same humming is reused in chinna vedu BGM.

8) " --- Poo malarthinda ( very good song and the picturisation of this song is very nice)

thanks
Vasanth[/tscii:0b558c5baf]

tvsankar
11th April 2006, 09:37 AM
Dear Vasanth,
Sami potta mudichu - Modhulanganiyae -
Indha padalai 2 years munnadi, DHool SOTD yil parthu iruken. Appodhu dhool sotd il irukkum songs collections ellam ippodhu kanom!!! Kanamal pona padal list il indha padalum kanamal poi vittadhu!!! Link irundhal kudukareengala?

Poo malarndhida - Beautiful composition by IR !! KJY is a nice selection for this song!! Avaral padalin inimai adhigam anadhaga ninaithu kolven!!! Jency in voice enaku migavum pidikum!!! (Especialy her mazhalai pronounciations)

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

narayanan
12th April 2006, 11:09 AM
I was hearing this song 'Sindhu Nadhikkarai Oram' from 'Nalladhor Kudumbam', 60s style song but made in the 70s. when i did a google there was a song in padikkadha medhai with an identical start :O (never heard this). even though it had TMS-PS, the tune was very much Ilayaraja style.

Engengo Sellum from 'Pattakathi Bairavan' has been haunting me the last couple of days. wow what a song :).

vasanth2006
13th April 2006, 03:20 PM
I was hearing this song 'Sindhu Nadhikkarai Oram' from 'Nalladhor Kudumbam', 60s style song but made in the 70s. when i did a google there was a song in padikkadha medhai with an identical start :O (never heard this). even though it had TMS-PS, the tune was very much Ilayaraja style.

the same song could have sung by IR/SJ or SPB/SJ along the version of TMS/PS. we can get the different feel and styles.

vasanth2006
13th April 2006, 04:29 PM
Hi All,

1)unakaga vazhkiran --- ilansolai poothatha enna jalam (such a classical song. normally these type of songs will be sung by
KJY. but for the different SPB sung the song. dont miss it.)
i think most of the people know the song "kanna unnai thedukiren vaaa.." from this film.

2)unakaga vazhkiran --- ooh enthan vazhvile oru ponvizha...(SJ)
Most of the people will not know this song. this also good song. during the first hearing, i actually passed this song.
then after 2 to 3 times it sounds good.(especially saranam part). lyrics also good.
the starting guidar bit, raja already/afterwards used the same bit. i broken my head. but i am unable. if anybody knows, then
point it out.

3)Ambikai Neeril Vanthaal --- kalyana selai unathakum nalai

4)Kadavul Amaitha Medai --- Mayile mayile (SPB-jency. jency's rare gem. in this place i have to tell some thing about jency.
there is no singer having luck like jency. because whatever songs she sung all are extraordinary/super hit songs. that credit
goes to maestro.)

5)Aavaram Poo --- nathiyoram ( some of the people known this song. i think all the peoples known "samikitta","adukku
malligai" from this album.)

6)Aavaram Poo --- manthiram ithu ( super classical song.)

7)THEMMANGU PAATUKAARAN -- ponnukku chinna ponnukku...kannil podhaithan eno...

always Maestro has something special for ramarajan. this song great example for that.
slow folk based song.the starting humming (the same tune of song) is extraordinary bit that shows how maestro making the
duets btw male and female.
i like pallavi's tune of this song very much. but saranam sounds normal IR tune.
dont miss the song. becuase of the film's flop, this song went unnoticed.

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
20th April 2006, 05:35 PM
[tscii:a8edce38bd]Hi All,

For coming days, I will post the ramarajan songs.
Regarding ramarajan songs, I don’t know weather you all know these or not.So I will post whatever good songs available in ramarajan songs.
Then maestro's composing style for ramarajan films is,
He will give surely 2 melodies that will have catchy tune (mostly carnatic based) and folk BGM. The melodies will be mind blowing and everlasting and other songs will be pure folk based. In current trend also, in my native place (village), ramarajan songs will be aired through big amplifiers in nights. (For functions like marriage). However During daytime they will air the current trend songs.

I don’t know you guys feel the raja songs in nights or not. If you hear the raja songs in night (after lights off) with low volume, that is the Heaven. No other else. (However for over enthusiasm I will hear the Yuvan and Rahman songs.)

Ok. Don’t miss this set. Because I am going to specify very important songs now. (all the songs are masterpieces from maestro.). i will post other songs later.

1. SENBAGAMAE_SENBAGAMAE --- vasalile poosanippu vachuputta nesathile en manasa

2. RAASAAVAE_UNNAI_NAMBI --- kalai nera kattre katril sernthu

3. RAASAAVAE_UNNAI_NAMBI --- rasathi manasula en rasa un nenaipputhan

4. PONGHI_VARUM_KAVERI --- dhinamum siruchu mayakki en manasa kedutha sirukki

5. PONGHI_VARUM_KAVERI --- vellikolusu mani velana kannu mani

6. PAATUKKU_NAAN_ADIMAI --- thaalathu ketkatha peru ingu yaru

7. PAATUKKU_NAAN_ADIMAI --- yaar padum padal entralum seradhu unnai seradhu

8. VILLU PATTUKARAN --- solai malaiyoram kolakuyil padum

9. SENBAGAMAE_SENBAGAMAE --- manja podi theikkayile en nenja thottu theicha pulla

10. giramathu minnal --- rettai kili sutri vandha thoppukkulla

Thanks
Vasanth
[/tscii:a8edce38bd]

narayanan
20th April 2006, 08:21 PM
douserpandi ;) and 'Mike' Mohan are the blessed souls having been a contrmporary of Raja and owe a major portion of their career credits to his music.

Who could even forget 'Karagattakaran', a big hit and a even more bigger hit musical.
~~~~
I remember the first song being telecasted umpteen times on late night songs in SUN TV with douser and Rekha in the lead. Dont remember seeing the movie, just the song was played so many times.

Gramathu Minnal rr I get this confused Gramathu Athiyayam. Which one had BSS 'Poove Idhu Poojaikalame' ?

I did'nt know Pongi Varum Kaveri was douser's. Arunmozhi's Velli Kolusu Mani is one of media's oft repeated numbers.

The ever famous 'Sorgame Endralum' and 'Nethu Oruthara' rendered by the maestro himself :).

Its been a long time since I've seen Villupattukkaran, Ponnil Vannam featured here (http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/335.html) is a pleasant song to listen to.

Last but not the least, my top favourite in all douser songs and infact one among my favourite sad songs, the Yesudas version of 'Oorellam un paatuthaan' from the movie titled under the same name.

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 07:05 AM
Im not sure if this has been dicussed but the film devadhai had a couple of songs that were quite good despite it being flop.

Deepangal by bavatharini was a nice melody where there was counterpoint usage where bavatharini will sing deepangal erum in a melodious way and then sing another stanza in a folk manner.

Oru Naal Antha Thirunaal is another classic which expressed the feelings of the heroine in marriage. Reminded me of a melodious version of aasai athigam veichi from Marupadiyum.

svaisn
21st April 2006, 07:19 AM
deepangal peesum was a great song

want it rendered by SPB Charan and Sandhya (PS Daughter in law_

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 10:03 AM
Is it?...i not very sure but the voice was very close to bavatharini's...guess i made a big mistake there.

narayanan
21st April 2006, 02:46 PM
Hulkster,
I guess her voice is very close to P.Susila's (one of the biggest reasons she sings nostalgia type songs ('Poo Kodiyin' and 'Buck Buck Buck'). Deepangal Pesum is quite an oft repeated song during those times (1997 ?).

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah it came around 1998....P Susheela voice ah....hmm no wonder Buck Buck Buck sounded like Susheela...regardless of who the singer is...deepangal pesum was a brilliant song.

vasanth2006
21st April 2006, 04:55 PM
douserpandi ;) and 'Mike' Mohan are the blessed souls having been a contrmporary of Raja and owe a major portion of their career credits to his music.

Who could even forget 'Karagattakaran', a big hit and a even more bigger hit musical.
~~~~
I remember the first song being telecasted umpteen times on late night songs in SUN TV with douser and Rekha in the lead. Dont remember seeing the movie, just the song was played so many times.

Gramathu Minnal rr I get this confused Gramathu Athiyayam. Which one had BSS 'Poove Idhu Poojaikalame' ?

I did'nt know Pongi Varum Kaveri was douser's. Arunmozhi's Velli Kolusu Mani is one of media's oft repeated numbers.

The ever famous 'Sorgame Endralum' and 'Nethu Oruthara' rendered by the maestro himself :).

Its been a long time since I've seen Villupattukkaran, Ponnil Vannam featured here (http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/335.html) is a pleasant song to listen to.

Last but not the least, my top favourite in all douser songs and infact one among my favourite sad songs, the Yesudas version of 'Oorellam un paatuthaan' from the movie titled under the same name.

i think 'Poove Idhu Poojaikalame' from gramathu athiyayam only. (that film has evergreen folk song atthu mettula and pathos vadatha rosapoo).

Also u mentioned sorgame entralum, Nethu oruthara parthom, orrellam un pathuthan. these are in my next set. thanks for posting them previously.

orrellam un pathuthan is a unbelievable gem though it is not a typical douser pandi film song.
this song gave the different opinion about raja's voice. because i always beleive that raja's voice has more "pavam" and sweeter than other singers while the same song sung by raja and regular voice( for ex idhayam oru koyil). but in this song, surely KJJ sweeter than raja. i think raja tries to give the different dimension to the song. but KJJ win the race.

in the same film there are other two classical songs..........

OORELLAM UN PAATU --- thom thom

OORELLAM UN PAATU --- Noorandu

"Nethu oruthara parthom"

this is the masterpiece from raja. the starting guidar bit and the music composition is perfect. i am unable to identify the other instrument which is coming along with guidar (piano?). the same instrument plays in the first interlude. whenever i hear the interlude bit that will take me in to heaven.if any technical guy can provide the detail of the instrument. in high pitches when raja sings
like pattuthan puthupattuthan.... that is awesome.
what a the rhythm pattern!!!!!!!. it perfectly suits with tune.

thanks narayanan.

Vasanth

vasanth2006
21st April 2006, 05:05 PM
Im not sure if this has been dicussed but the film devadhai had a couple of songs that were quite good despite it being flop.

Deepangal by bavatharini was a nice melody where there was counterpoint usage where bavatharini will sing deepangal erum in a melodious way and then sing another stanza in a folk manner.

Oru Naal Antha Thirunaal is another classic which expressed the feelings of the heroine in marriage. Reminded me of a melodious version of aasai athigam veichi from Marupadiyum.

Hulkster,

actually these two songs are hit during the release time of that movie.
Very good songs indeed.Oru Naal Antha Thirunaal is a classy song. my fav song.

thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
21st April 2006, 05:19 PM
Hi All,

ramarajan's today list . some rare songs also in this list.

enga ooru pattukkaran --- senbagame senbagame

enga ooru pattukkaran --- MADHURA marikozhunthu

OORU VITTU OORU VANTHU --- thana vantha santhaname unna thazhuva

THEDI_VANTHA_RAASA --- mama manasukkule ragasiyam ethumille

PAATUKKU_NAAN_ADIMAI --- athi marakili katthum

ORE ORU KIRAAMATHILAE --- olai kudisayile pazham selaiyil oonjaladum

THANGAMANA_RASA --- kanne en karmukile kannirum enadiyo

thanks
Vasanth

swathy
22nd April 2006, 08:13 PM
adding to vasanth's list

Enga ooru kaavlakaran -arumbagi muthagi poovagi

Ooru vittu ooru vandhu - Sorgame endralum

swathy
24th April 2006, 08:54 AM
kadalora kavidhaiye kavi paadum ilamaiye - Chinnavar

paadha kolusu paattu paadi varum paadi varum - thirumathi palanichami

thanga nilavukkul nilavondru malarukkul malarondru - rickshaw mama

tvsankar
25th April 2006, 03:56 PM
Dear all,
One more rare song from the film 'Azhagiya Kannae"

song : Naan irukum
amdha naal varaikum

Beautiful song by SJ!! Different composition by IR!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

vasanth2006
25th April 2006, 04:53 PM
Dear usha akka,

i didnt hear the song whatever u specified in ur post.

can u give me the link?

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
25th April 2006, 04:57 PM
adding to vasanth's list

Ooru vittu ooru vandhu - Sorgame endralum

swathy thanks for ur mentioning.

the same song is sung by beloved maestro in the "One Man Show" with different lyrics.

vasanth2006
25th April 2006, 05:00 PM
pending ramarajan songs list (little bit long)

giramathu minnal --- kanne en kanna Nee kan thoongu

VILLU PATTUKARAN --- kalaivaniyo raniyo avalthan yaro

THANGAMANA_RASA --- instrumental music (superb music)

RAASAAVAE_UNNAI_NAMBI --- kammakarai ooram kannu rendum thedum

PONGHI_VARUM_KAVERI --- Mannavan padum thamizh pirantha

Enna petha rasa --- sondham ontru thedum

enga ooru pattukkaran --- pechi pechi ithu perumaiyulla pechi

Kavallukku kettikaran --- solai ilankuyil yarai enni enni ragangal padutho ( i am not sure whether ramarajan movie or not)

Enna petha rasa --- pettha manasu suthathilum

giramathu minnal --- Nee pokum pathaiyil manasu poguthe mane...

ENGA OORU KAAVAKKAARAN --- asaiyile patthi katti

ENGA OORU KAAVAKKAARAN --- malakarukarukkaiyile antha malligai thotathile

Thanks
Vasanth

vasanth2006
26th April 2006, 04:58 PM
the following song is very good song, but went unnoticed or overshadowed by other songs.

En pommukkuty ammavakku ---- kanne navamaniye unnai kanamal kannurakkam....

Voice : IR

It is available in coolgoose.

www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=191692

Thanks
Vasanth

swathy
26th April 2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks vasanth for providing the link. Beautiful title song by IR :-)

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 06:12 PM
And for those who cant download it from cooltoad....get it from www.tamilmp3sonline.com and go to old songs and then to en bommukutti ammavukku.

Raja uses different style to the beats for each stanza...it really brings out the emotions...:thumbsup:

tvsankar
30th April 2006, 02:33 PM
Dear all,
One more song from the film - Inagyum oru Gangai

I have watched the movie little bit.En son in holiday nalae, enaku , enaku piditha tv channel parka migavum kashtam.

Vaitha udan naan partha oru paadal

"Annathae ninaichen
ullathe koduthen
Sollathan ninaichen
thavikiren

beautiful lyrics!!! sung by IR or GA?

Net la iruka indha song? Irundhal link kodunga pl!!

Wtih Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
30th April 2006, 02:37 PM
Ushaji

what about SOLAI PUSHPANGALAY ...discuss pani aachaa indha paadalai

its Gangai amaran taking the mike this time ! with PS

tvsankar
30th April 2006, 02:58 PM
Dear Balaji,
song kedaithadhu.Keten.ANal movie il lady voice irundhadhu. Link il kanom. Lady voice is P.Shylaja?

Solai pushpangalae - great song.Discuss panniyachu - i think.ADnahal enna? Unga view sollunga Balaji!!!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

tvsankar
3rd May 2006, 09:59 AM
Dear all,
The film December pookal has some good nos.I think it is Mohan's film during 80s.

the song 'Indha vennila
enru vadhadhu" by Chithra!! Reallly nice one.

with Love,
Usha Sankar.

swathy
3rd May 2006, 10:07 AM
Dear all,
The film December pookal has some good nos.I think it is Mohan's film during 80s.

the song 'Indha vennila

with Love,
Usha Sankar.

one more song from the same movie

"azhagaga sirithadhu andha nilavu

adhu than idhuvo..."

swathy
3rd May 2006, 10:08 AM
kattu vazhi kaalnadaiya pora thambi
poludhagu munne pora idam serndhu vidu

from the movie Athu Oru Kanakalam

Link: http://www.tamilsongs.net/page/build/album/Athu_Oru_Kanakalam/index.html

Hulkster
3rd May 2006, 10:11 AM
Swathy that song is really a masterpiece that went out of trace maybe due to IR's very nasal singing....just watch for the interludes where there will be a brilliantly orchestrated violin piece....that is the main highlight of the song..

swathy
3rd May 2006, 01:39 PM
yah hulks. U know I heard the song only today morning and posted here immediately. :-)

vasanth2006
4th May 2006, 01:43 PM
Dear all,

the song 'Indha vennila

with Love,
Usha Sankar.

one more song from the same movie

"azhagaga sirithadhu andha nilavu

adhu than idhuvo..."

usha akka,
i didn't hear that song. i have to.

swathy,
azhagaga sirithathu is the excellent song. beatutiful duet.
who are all the singers? if anybody knows then give the details.
(i think jeyachandran).

vasanth2006
4th May 2006, 03:05 PM
Hi All,

Poruthathu Pothum ---- Aararo Pada vanthene avaram poovin senthene.......

A mindblowing melody by maestro. well sung by raja. i dont imagine this song with other singers.

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=231190

Thalattu Ketkuthamma ---- Amma Ennum varthaithan..........

another amma related song from raja. the rhythm pattern is superb and different. the interlude flute is simply mindblowing bit.

http://www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=100270

Thanks
Vasanth