PDA

View Full Version : Discuss A.R.Rahman's BGMs Here

dinesh2002
23rd November 2005, 10:07 AM
Hi guys,after listening to BOYS bgm which was released online Lately by AJ from ARRahman's Yahoo Groups,i rate BOYS his best.Esp the Rani's Theme,many beautiful renderation by Madhushree was hidden in the movie,but was so clear when we ripp it.Such a masterpiece.For people who missed that bgm (not what u listen in the movie),here is the link : http://rapidshare.de/files/8025723/Rani_Theme.mp3.html

Discuss all his bgms here!!!

lancelot
23rd November 2005, 11:31 AM
i think the BGM in kathalan was very good......
i loved some of the music..... even Minsara Kanavu was good

hehe
:D

Dragun
23rd November 2005, 12:52 PM
Didn't Pravin Mani do the Boys bgm?

dinesh2002
23rd November 2005, 02:34 PM
Didn't Pravin Mani do the Boys bgm?

not at all...Pravin Mani just composed the Aiyappa song...and i heard the Jail song was composed by Shankar.Other than those,all r Rahmans!!

karthik_sa2
3rd December 2005, 10:16 PM
i liked the bgms of may madham,minsara kanavu,taal and mangal pandey

m_23_bayarea
5th December 2005, 05:51 AM
The scene in Padayappa where Ramya Krishnan and Rajini will meet after 18 years had the best BGM I think. The long scene had no dialogues, but ARR would have conveyed everything with his tremendous BGM. First, Ramya Krishnan will come down the stairs, ask her servant for a chair, and sit down and salute in Rajini style. Then a total contrast BGM when Rajini pulls down that Oonjal, and then comes up and sits and salutes !!!

Only ARR is capable of such a scene ....

ARR will rock in Sivaji !!

narayanan
26th March 2006, 06:12 AM
Many Swades BGMs especially 'Aayo Re' (as Shahrukh enters village), Hydroelectric power generation(especially the piece after he removes the clog).

Prabhudeva's Bharathanatyam at Nagma's house in Kadhalan.

svaisn
26th March 2006, 06:55 AM
The scene in Padayappa where Ramya Krishnan and Rajini will meet after 18 years had the best BGM I think. The long scene had no dialogues, but ARR would have conveyed everything with his tremendous BGM. First, Ramya Krishnan will come down the stairs, ask her servant for a chair, and sit down and salute in Rajini style. Then a total contrast BGM when Rajini pulls down that Oonjal, and then comes up and sits and salutes !!!

I think this piece.... he reused from his DCM Fabrics AD...

if i am not wrong

dinesh2002
26th March 2006, 11:31 AM

I think this piece.... he reused from his DCM Fabrics AD...

if i am not wrong

the padaiyappa's music or neelambari's ???

rayan36
27th March 2006, 10:08 AM
I liked Indian's BGM far more better :wink: :wink: everytime he kills someone the folk music begin's and end's with a humming, it's so very haunting :P :P & the flashback where Kamal kills the Brit soldier, opera orchestra music was applied, that was so cool 8-) 8-)

rayan36
27th March 2006, 10:09 AM
I liked Indian's BGM far more better :wink: :wink: everytime he kills someone the folk music begin's and end's with a humming, it's so very haunting :P :P & the flashback where Kamal kills the Brit soldier, opera orchestra music was applied, that was so cool 8-) 8-)

Scale
27th March 2006, 10:31 AM
DCM Fabrics :shock: Where does it come from? I know only Remanika fabrics ad by ARR. The "oonjal" theme is a great piece.

Dil Se has some mindblowing bgms. During SRK-PZ betrothel, the old lady enquires about Manisha (Tum hasti to kitnee sundar lakdhi hai.....tum bhi kuch ladka dhoondo??). There is a classical piece sung by the ppl (kids,females,males) surrounded one after the other. They keeps conversing bgm rolls.. Absolute Beauty!. Only Mani can think of such picturisation. :clap: ARR executed very well :thumbsup:.

Generally, ARR's BGM are very less in movies unlike IR. Indian, AP & SWADES has got more BGM's.

Guys, keep posting.

dinesh2002
16th April 2006, 02:54 PM
Hi guys...im sure all of u r aware of Ah Aah's OST beeing released with 14 Instrumental...with only this 3 Mayilirage Instrumental has the voices of SJS & Nila...i have removed them & now u can listen to these 3 instrumental without the voices....enjoy!!!

http://storeandserve.com/download/197767/Ah_Aah_OST_A_R_Rahman_-_Theme_Music_7.mp3.html

http://storeandserve.com/download/197780/Ah_Aah_OST_A_R_Rahman_-_Theme_Music_9.mp3.html

http://storeandserve.com/download/197793/Ah_Aah_OST_A_R_Rahman_-_Theme_Music_14.mp3.html

rashid2raj
16th April 2006, 03:30 PM
Hi guys...im sure all of u r aware of Ah Aah's OST beeing released with 14 Instrumental...with only this 3 Mayilirage Instrumental has the voices of SJS & Nila...i have removed them & now u can listen to these 3 instrumental without the voices....enjoy!!!

http://storeandserve.com/download/197767/Ah_Aah_OST_A_R_Rahman_-_Theme_Music_7.mp3.html

http://storeandserve.com/download/197780/Ah_Aah_OST_A_R_Rahman_-_Theme_Music_9.mp3.html

http://storeandserve.com/download/197793/Ah_Aah_OST_A_R_Rahman_-_Theme_Music_14.mp3.html

Wow thanks.. Awesome Tabla beat yaa.. :wink:

lancelot
17th April 2006, 03:26 AM

u rock brother....thanx alot

hehe

Ramakrishna
5th May 2006, 05:37 PM
Check out RDB BGM in this website
http://ww.alldesimp3.tk/
Click on AR Rahman hits to download them

narayanan
5th May 2006, 06:09 PM
Does anyone have Thiruda Thiruda BGM, especially Train Robbery ?

ekamevadhvitheeyam
21st May 2006, 04:06 PM
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum.
I found this thread interesting.
Thanks to Dinesh for the links.
Rhythm, its definitely in my fave movies list.
The background score was simply amazing in that movie.
I'm sure you all wud've noticed.
The movie eventhough it was a remake of Andaaz, was very touching.
Its a shame that it did not become a hit.

MADDY
21st May 2006, 10:24 PM
welcome ekam to TFM :D ....

Rythm was a hit........Music was a bigger hit...... :D

ur ID seems to be inspired from BABA BGM ekamevadhvitheeyam :wink:

narayanan
21st May 2006, 11:45 PM
Rhythm was a hit ? Perhaps in A centres alone, I dont remember seeing the movie running for a long while. Music was defenitely a hit.

terminator
22nd May 2006, 04:03 PM
Thiruda Thiruda BGM Review

BGM : AR Rahman comes up with a soul-stirring BGM. In fact this movie is one of Rahman's best in BGM composition. I have always urged Maestro fans who claim AR Rahman is poor when it comes to BGM scoring to watch this movies and hear the BGMs.

http://manismagic.iespana.es/tt.htm

ekamevadhvitheeyam
22nd May 2006, 04:45 PM
My id is inspired from Dwaitham.
A holy book written by Adi Sankara.
The word "ekamevadhvitheeyam" means there's only one entitly. the paramatma.
All the religions and all the gods preach peace,love,harmony and the road to final destination - salvation.
It was us people who separated everything and made a mess.
Simply there's more than one way to reach a place.
The only thing is the destination.
We tend to forget the destination and quarrel about which is the best route.
Anyways coming back to the subject wanted to talk about a movie which was not released in the commercial circuit which had music by A.R.Rahman.
It was an award movie directed by Bharathirajaa called "AndhiMandharai".
Adding to that Rahman released his album after Gentleman was released, it'd a beautiful song by Malgudi Shubha called Zombie.

dinesh2002
22nd May 2006, 05:07 PM
Thiruda Thiruda BGM Review

BGM : AR Rahman comes up with a soul-stirring BGM. In fact this movie is one of Rahman's best in BGM composition. I have always urged Maestro fans who claim AR Rahman is poor when it comes to BGM scoring to watch this movies and hear the BGMs.

http://manismagic.iespana.es/tt.htm

they still wont agree ! its in thier rattham!!

ekamevadhvitheeyam
22nd May 2006, 05:58 PM
Have you guys seen this movie by Bharathirajaa called "Andhi Mandarai".
Thought it was not released in the commercial circuit, it was acclaimed for its background score.
Also wanted to mention about the album released by Rahman just after Gentleman came out.
It has a catchy song sung by "Malgudi"subha called Zombie.

narayanan
23rd May 2006, 12:56 AM
Also wanted to mention about the album released by Rahman just after Gentleman came out.

Are you talking about Andhi Maalai ?

Scale
23rd May 2006, 10:30 AM
Is it Set Me Free(1991) with M Shuba what you are talking about? Andhi Maalai is not by ARR.

ekamevadhvitheeyam
23rd May 2006, 10:54 AM
Dear Scale,
Andhi Mandharai is the movie by bharathirajaa.
But Andhi Malai is the album by A.R.Rahman for sure.
I'd that cassette with me and I lost it.
Now I'm searching it in the internet to download the songs.

rashid2raj
23rd May 2006, 10:58 AM
Dear Scale,
Andhi Mandharai is the movie by bharathirajaa.
But Andhi Malai is the album by A.R.Rahman for sure.
I'd that cassette with me and I lost it.
Now I'm searching it in the internet to download the songs.

Yeah, it's true.. But it's: "Andhimantharai" & not "Andhi malai" I have the cd! :wink:

Scale
23rd May 2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I know AndhiMandharai is by ARR directed by BR. Never released but got NA for the film.

Tracklist
Anthimantharai Theme 1 (Piano themes)
Anthimantharai Theme 2
Anthimantharai Theme 3
Orunaal
Pullu Thingam (same as pachaikili paadum)
Sakiye
Anthimantharai Track 8 (probably Theme 4)

Dinesh has listed the tracks earlier.

AndhiMaalai/Fantasy much b4 Roja is a different onecomposed by Ouseppachan & Rahman was in the credit list (keyboard) Source: ARRYG.

ekamevadhvitheeyam
23rd May 2006, 11:08 AM
Have you got the songs from Andhi Maalai?
If you've it can you host it here?
I can download it from here.
Thanks.

Scale
23rd May 2006, 11:10 AM
My Fav song is

Orunaal Oru Kanavu, "ennai suthi oru koottam sirikkindra podhum unnai pathi en udhadu ooyamal pesum" - earlier sign. :D :thumbsup:

Where can I get this movie? Is it released anywhere?. Anyone watched it.:roll:

ekamevadhvitheeyam,

No I dont have Andhi Maalai song... :sad:

Scale
23rd May 2006, 11:16 AM
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
From: "Amith Chandhran" <amithchandhran@gmail.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 14:54:24 +0530
Subject: [arr] ARR's Non-ARR work.

'All of us have encountered the numerous instances when composers have flicked others tunes and passed it off as their own. But have you heard of someone crediting ones own compositions to someone else?' (Taken from: AskGops! column, Article: AR Rahman - The Brand Name, Courtesy: RahmanOnline.Com, With thanks to Gopal.)

Vaishnavar, Andhimaalai - Fantasy, Beauty Palace, Puyal Aditha Desam are some well-known examples that we all know. Composed by other composers, and released under AR's name just to make cash out of it!

I found 2 more such albums recently, in Pune, probably you might not be knowing them.

First is 'Take It Easy'. Released by Pen Audio, it has a oft-used big size picture of AR to misdirect you. Well, I already knew (being regular at this group) that it was not by Rahman, But I wanted to listen it. So I bought it!!

The cover of album says in unclear words: 'Music Composed by AR Rahman and Directed by Kiran Ji'. Also, 'First Non film English album of AR Rahman'.. What a joke!

This Kiranji didn't compose anything for this album, he just took the then mega hits AR compositions, invited a lyricist called Rams, got singers like Sindhu, Anitha Reddy, Murali and biggy Mano, and just re-recorded the songs with some funny English lyrics!

For example, 'Oorvasi Oorvasi' went like.. 'O pretty, oh sweety, you're a real property'!!! :-))) Then 'Koncham Nilavu Koncham Neruppu' became 'Kiss me honey, oh yeah honey..' :-)))) And the most funny track from this album is Usilambatti Penkutti, which Rams has dubbed thus: 'Ding Dong Ding Dong Wedding Bells Sounding In All The Town, Lolly pop Lolly pop Tell Me Soon When Is Our Wedding!!!!!' :-))))))))

Other songs are too of same funny type. (Mukkala Muqabala as O Laila O Laila, Humma Humma, Oorvasi Oorvasi, Koncham Nilavu, Usilambatti) And surprisingly Kiranji has used singer Mano for these funny songs! Anyway, one more thing, it also has MM Kreem's composition, 'Tum Mile Dil Khile' (Thelusaa Manasaa in Telugu) from Criminal, which also is under Rahman's name!!

In short, the funny album has even more funny lyrics, and most funny thing is that all this is credited to none other than, A. R. Rahman!! Solid funny!!!

Now the second album is Bombay - Marathi. When I saw this cassette in Pune shop, even I must have missed some heartbeats because it says very clearly on the cassette: 'Mumbai .. A.R.Rahman's music first time in Marathi!!!'

Being a Marathi and Maharashtrian, I always had this thirst to listen something 'Marathi' from Rahman. The shop keeper had loads of praise for it.. From a few sentences that I recollect now, he said, "when it was released, nobody believed that it was by Rahman.. People would ask 'Why Rahman will dub his songs in Marathi when he has no time for Subhash Ghai's 'Shikhar...'!!' But I sold more than thousand copies of it, and still people ask me for it!!!! and blah blah blah..."

So excited was I to see this cassette, that I bought it in cracked and bad condition, that too without inlay cards! I couldn't get it checked there only, because I was in hurry and he had no power supply at that time! I had to wait 2 days long to listen to it, and today morning only, after returning to home, I could listen to it.

The album is totally misdirecting. Though I don't have the inlay cards, the matter printed on the cassette itself says 'music by Rahman'. It has singer's name under the songs, the same singers who had sung in Roja-Marathi. It is not so. In very small fonts they have written 'Recorded as per the provisions under section 2(a) of Indian copyright Act, 1957'. That means it is duplicate!! Music is totally something like from a child music director, or say a bad and failed attempt to create Rahman's music!! Still, lyrically it is enough good than anyone would expect!

(Meantime I had sent SMS to some friends and made them exited too - :-((( sorry friends!! Really sorry.. Esp. Swapnil, are you reading??!! )

People can't always make Rahman Fans fool. Though there is his photo on the covers, and his name beneath it, it could be somebody else's... Beware of such fraud things in the marjket!!!

Love, amith..
--
'Music is ultimate mother of all languages..'
-- A. R. Rahman.

P.S. 'Take It Easy' on Pen Audio, 1996 release. 'Mumbai' on Unknown, 1995 release.
If anyone is interested in listening to those funny songs, let me know. I'll record Mp3s from cassette for you. Thanks.

MusicIsLife
24th May 2006, 12:43 AM
I had expressed my opinion b4. RDB has sensational BGM, it has lots of heavy rock/metal base (which I am a fan of), it is loud, bold and clear, RDB should make a new path to HFM who just are prone in giving not-so-good songs and a remix for that!!

Nakeeran
24th May 2006, 01:31 PM
I watched Devdas last week. Excellent BGM ! precise to the situation warranted.
ARR must have applied his mind heavily on this project.
Overall, a very rich movie

dinesh2002
24th May 2006, 01:41 PM
I watched Devdas last week. Excellent BGM ! precise to the situation warranted.
ARR must have applied his mind heavily on this project.
Overall, a very rich movie

Devdass is not by ARRahman....its by Ismail Darbar...the album is 1 of my top 10 favs!!! :D

dinesh2002
24th May 2006, 01:43 PM
4got to mention...> ONLY Devdass audio songs r by Ismail Darbar.....BGMs r by MONTY!!

http://devdas.indiatimes.com/crew.htm

Nakeeran
24th May 2006, 01:51 PM
Oh sorry. I got mixed up with Paheli ! SRK & Rani.

dinesh2002
24th May 2006, 01:59 PM
Paheli music/BGM is by MM Kreem

Nakeeran
24th May 2006, 02:11 PM
4got to mention...> ONLY Devdass audio songs r by Ismail Darbar.....BGMs r by MONTY!!

When I heard the preludes for Dola re Dola, it reminded me of Rangeela , the beach BGM !. For a moment I immediately concluded it was ARR !

Yes yes, Paheli my Kreem only. Thanks

ekamevadhvitheeyam
25th May 2006, 10:58 AM
Rhythm BGM is a slight variation of "The Godfather" theme.
One instance is where the accordion kicks in, it makes us remember "The Godfather" theme.

ekamevadhvitheeyam
25th May 2006, 11:01 AM
Only in one place, that bit comes throughout the movie especially for scenes where emotions run high.
I think that bit reminds me Godfather.
I'll upload Godfather theme sometime later.
If someone else has Rhythm BGM, please put it here or give the URL.
We can then see what influence The Godfather had on A.R.Rahman.

rocketboy
25th May 2006, 03:31 PM
RDB bgm is very good.

great
27th May 2006, 12:09 PM

When I heard the preludes for Dola re Dola, it reminded me of Rangeela , the beach BGM !. For a moment I immediately concluded it was ARR !

Yes yes, Paheli my Kreem only. Thanks

NakeeraR anne enna conpisan=a :roll: ungalukkeva :x :x

ayaho nenju porukuthillayae :D

ekamevadhvitheeyam
30th May 2006, 01:47 PM
Did you guys know that Rahman has a recording studio in London. Its in SW6.

ekamevadhvitheeyam
30th May 2006, 01:56 PM
BGM in Bombay is soul-stirring. Especially the one during the riots has a huge impact on the listeners.

May Madham has it on the lighter vein especially when the car driven by Vineeth the background plays as if a bullock cart with bells is riding.Thats a nice piece of attention to detail by Rahman.

Mangal Pandey -The Rising. The song Al Madath Maula plays in the background makes you sit on the edge of the seat. All we miss here in India is a good sound system. 7 Channel Surrond is not enough to appreciate the effect of mixing.

Another praiseworthy background score is Iruvar.
Its a period film and Rahman's music makes you travel to the 60's and 70's. If one'd paid attention the score would actually differ between the two characters portrayed.
MohanLal and P.Raj.
Now That's what you call "One of several Masterpieces".

rashid2raj
30th May 2006, 04:05 PM
Did you guys know that Rahman has a recording studio in London. Its in SW6.

I knew he had one in UK.. what is SW6 :?:

ekamevadhvitheeyam
30th May 2006, 06:35 PM
oh.Thats the postcode of the place.

Vysar
1st June 2006, 11:09 PM
In Iruvar Mohanlal and Aishwarya Rai (Jaya's role) love theme is very melodious and haunting.

nilavupriyan
4th June 2006, 05:16 PM
watch IRUVAR in star vijay now

sentsbu1
19th June 2006, 09:34 PM
Happened to see Jackie Chan's First Strike...

In the movie there is a seen when Jackie Chan gets trapped in a underwater, where there will be a shark coming to attack him...

at the moment the background music is the BEGINNING MUSIC OF RAAGA DANCE...THOUGH ITS NOT FOR A LONG TIME...BUT IT IS A COMPLETE LIFT FROM THE MOVIE AND ADDED TO THE BEGINNING OF THE TRACK...

YOU DO NOT NEED TO START DEBATTING TAAL CAME BEFORE FIRST STIKE, AS FIRST STIKE WAS RELEASED WELL BEFORE TAAL CAME OUT...

rayan36
30th June 2006, 10:41 AM
Here is the very best quality of Thiruda Thiruda's BGM............Enjoy :wink:

http://rapidshare.de/files/24526463/Thiruda_Thiruda_BGM_GQ.mp3.html

ajaybaskar
14th October 2006, 10:24 AM
Guys, You can download the BGMs of SOK from the following link. The quality may not be very good. But still you can enjoy...

http://arrmusic.multiply.com/music/item/3

rayan36
14th October 2006, 12:23 PM
if you guys ever watched May Matham you will notice that one the BGM tune in the movie bcame a song 9 years LATER............mupathu nimidam from PARASURAM

Sanguine Sridhar
15th October 2006, 01:38 AM
BGM

All the movies of ARR are my picks :)

But still its Kizhakku Seemayiley,Bombay and Karuthamma! :thumbsup:

MADDY
15th October 2006, 11:18 AM
Guys, You can download the BGMs of SOK from the following link. The quality may not be very good. But still you can enjoy...

http://arrmusic.multiply.com/music/item/3

hey ajay, do u know where we can get the violin version of "rango rangoli" chorus of Munbe vaa song??? this comes in the scene where Bhoomika pleads with surya not to hit her friend......just before the interval......

anyways thanks for the other BGMs :D

ajaybaskar
16th October 2006, 09:48 AM
yes, that was an awesome BGM. that piece is often used when Bhoomika comes on the screen. i have the original cd. i'l try to rip it off as early as possible. Moreover, the CD is an uncut version which has some extra scenes which were not shown in the theatres, even during first day first show. If u get the cd, try it once.

ajaybaskar
16th October 2006, 10:23 AM
Just had an oppurtunity to see vikram's Arul. Harris has lifted a BGM from Thalaivar's kitty. Hope u have listened to the S films Theme music which was be featured in the movie Mudhalvan. HJ has used the same BGM without any change in Arul.

ajaybaskar
16th October 2006, 10:29 AM
if you guys ever watched May Matham you will notice that one the BGM tune in the movie bcame a song 9 years LATER............mupathu nimidam from PARASURAM

Rayan, actually Anbalaya Prabhakaran had signed ARR after the release of Pudhiya mugham. ARR had even composed a couple of songs for the movie. then the movie was shelved. Later it was revived and rechristened as Ashoka and then Chanakya and then finally as Parasuram. The songs that were recorded earlier were used without any relevance to the subject of the movie. If u had seen the movie, u wud very well feel the difference. So i think that must be the reason for ARR using the BGM in May madham.

ajaybaskar
16th October 2006, 10:33 AM
Even in SOK, when Surya chats with Bhumika by phone, ARR has used the Kariye naa (Taal) music as BGM. Did anyone notice?

Hulkster
16th October 2006, 05:00 PM
In BGM section i am afraid i am not a very big fan of ARR. To me BGM must explain the scene without going too direct...simple and complex at the same time...ARR has started doing this in RDB and abit in SOK but overall he is still yet to deliver the goods. Dunt get me wrong...ARR is certainly a musical genius in songs..his talent is all there to see...but when it comes to universal music..BGMs matter alot and to me he is still yet to reach that stage.

Perhaps i might have been spoilt beyond repair by listening to IR's style of BGM making me think that every MD should compose scores that are able to express the scene by themself like IR but till now i dunt have the feeling of ARR's BGM. IR BGMs can elevate a movie and eliminate its directorial flaws. It is about this stage that i mean ARR has to reach in terms of BGM.

Other than that when you just see BGM alone he is the best amongst the current MDs including YSR but to the stage of IR? ...still have to pass judgement. :D

Dunt get me wrong ARR fans..i am not criticising his music...im a great fan of his songs and im saying his BGM has to improve because he is about to reach the world class composer stage..no more ordinary global musician...that is why...i will apologise for any offending remarks...:D

Jacky
16th October 2006, 09:15 PM
[tscii:f3c24fbc05]ARR has been delivering good BGMs consistently. One cannot find a great piece in mediocre movies like Mr.romeo, en swasa katrey, baba or New. But he is quite innovative and doesn't stick to conventional rules of flutes and violins.
Bombay – When Arvindswamy meets MK for the first time – he uses Hindustani alap probably hummed by the man himself.
Dilse – most of the scenes in Assam had amazing BGM. The sounds were somber and merged with the theme well.
Kannathil – listen to the BGM when kid travels with her cousin to trace her mother.
Sometimes he uses vocals to elevate the scene, I still can't forget "Vinmengalai thandi vazhum kadhal idhu uyire" or "Sattena nenaithathu nenjam – KM". Every creative MD has his style, the best ones don't use existing yardsticks.
I don't think ARR is short of armor in his BGM kitty, he already has enough to deliver universal music or any music. If one has the time and mind he can find hidden gems in ARR's bgm. Uyirvani was hosting most of ARR's bgms like Swades, MP, WOHE and other movies. I hope they are still online.
[/tscii:f3c24fbc05]

rsubras
16th October 2006, 10:45 PM
hulkster may be right.......but hulkster......... how about these one?

Kannathil Muthamittal climax......... - appadiye slow pace la aarambichu tempo ethikitte vanthu climax la high pitch la varume.....isnt that chanceless?

Indhra la soft melodious BGM niraya idathula carries the film as you have mentioned

and when it comes to Rajini films...ARR i think enjoys Rajini's antics and anubavichu BGM poduvaar ninaikaren :) Padaiyappa la niraya scenes la BGM is wonderful i feel for a rajini film..... Oonjal scene, ungala enakku pidikkalae nu Rajini ramya krishnan kitta solra scene.

music man
16th October 2006, 11:19 PM
Yes...Rahman's BGM for Rajini movies were all top class..Muthu,Padayappa all had jingoistic kinda scores..baba had a mystic kind of score..I like May Madham very much.Tat theme when they introduce the heroine dubbing the voice of her father (ie) before Margazhi Poove song.Excellent flute usage here..The same BGM will be played by violins when the heroine's father separates her from vineeth in tat hospital scene. Also when she sees her photo in large scale in the hoardings..Simply amazing BGM's tat only ARR can give..Another theme BGM is there which one can find in arrfans.com.
Yes its true, Rahman had improved in BGM area..He gives little little Mindblowing BGM's here and there..Just had to give it throughout the movie..Even tat thing i feel ARR is doing well these days.Gone r the days when critics slammed him for poor re recording..Nowadays he is doing an excellent job..

Hulkster
17th October 2006, 07:40 AM
rsubras your right about Indra...it is one film i feel Rahman carried the movie with his amazing score both with songs and BGM. Even now when i think about that...it amazingly kills certain directorial flaws in some scenes...I wonder why this movie songs are not talked about much as well. He had experimented with carnatic raagas in this movie. :?

As for Rajini movies yeah....the BGMs are not what you call musically inclined but they bring out the adrenaline in watching a rajini movie...its an extra addition to rajini's presence. It is in this movie as well that you could see ARR mix mass with class in his music which really made him any-movie type of composer. :D

BTW guys...try not to list BGMs that just are different versions of songs in that movie..try to list BGMs that are innovative. In that way we can see ARR's creativity more. :D

ajaybaskar
17th October 2006, 10:12 AM
ARR often uses the tunes of the songs as BGMs and that too very effectively. For example, Rango rangoli theme in SOK has been used to perfection by Thalaivar. In AE, he had used Hey goodbye, Sandakozhi tunes as BGM. He has continued the trend for a long time now. Apart from these BGMs, he has composed some mind blowing BGMs too. I can list down some of my favourites.

1. Swades- Title Theme, The BGM when Geetha helps Mohan to wear a dhoti.

2. Bombay- Title theme, The BGM when Shekhar meets Shaila Banu for the first time. Not to forget the Bombay theme.

3. Indian- Indian thatha's theme music.

4. Rang De basanti- Title theme, BGM when all the five guys move up the stairs of the radio station.

5. Padayappa- Neelambari theme, BGM when padayappa comes to rescue his uncle's family from the goondas.

6. WOHE- Every bit of this album is awesome. Great work by the maestro.

7. Uyirae/Dil se- Vinmeengal thaandi BGM and the kids chorus which eill be often featured in the movie.

8. Kannathil Muthamittal- The Climax piece, The BGM when Thiruchelvan and Dr. Herold Vikramasinghe walk through the rustic fields of Sri lanka.

9. Alai payuthey- The sakhiyae theme when Shakthi, with her friends searches Karthik in the railway station, The BGM when Shakthi is with her family.

10. Sillunu oru Kadhal- The whistle theme, Rango rangoli theme, Gautham's love success theme.

lancelot
17th October 2006, 08:31 PM
for me the best BGM was for Lagaan.
we know that ARR gives his best for all his projects. no dought.

but full credit to Ashthos Gawriker.

did u notice in several places he lets the music take over an jus goes on for awhile without any conversation but ARR's music

an example is the first time Buvan comes in to the vilage with Tippu an plays cricket. it starts with a wistle an goes on and on till the ball hits the temple bell... an the music keeps ging on...

even in the actual match... thare is very little talking an lots of amazing music...

ARR - AG best combo for BMG .... IMO

hehe

ajaybaskar
18th October 2006, 10:22 AM
Yes boss, i forgot lagaan. It was a masterpiece..

Scale
18th October 2006, 02:04 PM
im a great fan of his songs and im saying his BGM has to improve not because he is about to reach the world class composer stage..no more ordinary global musician...that is why...i will apologise for any offending remarks...:D

Thats a daring & offending remark indeed :twisted: Next time I wont tolerate for whatever justifications you prune with. Check his accolades before you pass any obtuse comments.

MADDY
18th October 2006, 04:22 PM
im a great fan of his songs and im saying his BGM has to improve not because he is about to reach the world class composer stage..no more ordinary global musician...that is why...i will apologise for any offending remarks...:D

Thats a daring & offending remark indeed :twisted: Next time I wont tolerate for whatever justifications you prune with. Check his accolades before you pass any obtuse comments.

Scale, cool..... :D .........ppl. who are used to IR's style of songs/BGM find it hard to understand ARR's style of BGMs.......they are used to IR's style only.......i really dont blame them.......just one aspect of BGM i would like to highlight betn IR and ARR........the use of silence is entirely diff for IR and ARR........which really means ARR should not be looked upon on the criterias of IR.........

Hulkster
18th October 2006, 04:30 PM
Yeaps Maddy...perhaps i have been too harsh becos i am used to IR's style of BGM and at the same time expect ARR to compose like IR. ARR's BGMs are innovative and different from usual WCM musicmaking which makes my opinion prejudiced. Guess i have to try listening to different styles more. :D

MADDY
18th October 2006, 05:04 PM
Yeaps Maddy...perhaps i have been too harsh becos i am used to IR's style of BGM and at the same time expect ARR to compose like IR. ARR's BGMs are innovative and different from usual WCM musicmaking which makes my opinion prejudiced. Guess i have to try listening to different styles more. :D

hey no probs buddy........it happens.....even i dont find anything great abt u1 or HJ after listening to ARR........its just that u r used to one style and u want that style to be followed everywhere.....its perfectly normal............thanks for ur comments..... :D

rayan36
18th October 2006, 07:12 PM

Rayan, actually Anbalaya Prabhakaran had signed ARR after the release of Pudhiya mugham. ARR had even composed a couple of songs for the movie. then the movie was shelved. Later it was revived and rechristened as Ashoka and then Chanakya and then finally as Parasuram. The songs that were recorded earlier were used without any relevance to the subject of the movie. If u had seen the movie, u wud very well feel the difference. So i think that must be the reason for ARR using the BGM in May madham.

Great info there Ajay Thanx :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

Wibha
26th October 2006, 03:23 AM
Rang de Basanti is also excellent...........wid Lagaan and Rangeela.....Alaipayuthey and Aayudha Ezhuthu :2thumbsup: :cool2:

ajaybaskar
26th October 2006, 10:51 AM
People who've not watched Varalaaru dont read this please..

Godfather BGM may not be a trendsetter but it has suited the movie very well and supports the tempo of the movie. The BGMs i liked in the movie are..

1. The BGM when the father character stands up from the wheel chair for the first time.

2. The BGM when the psyche Ajith tries to shoot the father character.

3. The Ilamai bit which is often used in the first half.

ajaybaskar
6th November 2006, 12:53 PM
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gth754q/files/arr/BGMs/

RR
7th November 2006, 10:44 AM
In case you haven't seen, here's suresh's article in this month issue of TFM Page magazine - analyzing Iruvar BGM:

http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/nov06/?t=8307

rayan36
7th November 2006, 02:54 PM
Ah ahh's good quality BGM. Enjoy :wink:

http://d.turboupload.com/d/1181082/Ah_Aah_BGM.rar.html

nickraman
30th November 2006, 08:43 AM
One more request. Does anyone know where to get Kaadhalan BGMs. I simply LOVE the opening theme, it's fantastic and catchy.

many thanks again!

dinesh2002
2nd December 2006, 08:52 PM
guys...i have ripped the BGMS in voiceless form...but the thing is,some parts u can hear the voices & auto noises...i think i diidnt ripp it propaly,well,i think this would do enough untill our masters in ARRYG released thier version of SOK VOICELESS BGM...untill then..enjoy it....i will post the link tomm...as im now only separating each bits into thier respected singles..... will be back!!!

sonia_fr
2nd December 2006, 09:57 PM
http://singingphotons.net/arrbgm/

dharshan
21st March 2007, 11:36 AM
http://arrthegreat.googlepages.com

goto bgm's section

lancelot
13th July 2007, 10:23 AM
would any of u hav or know from where i can download a video of ARR playing the piano? i would like it if its a long clip.... just him playing it very emotionally.. would be a treat..

hehe

Wibha
21st July 2007, 03:02 AM
is der boys BGM......the song they make the ayyappan song and the other one :roll:

plus the song when she leaves munna and goes :roll: :confused2:

littlemaster1982
21st July 2007, 12:23 PM
is der boys BGM......the song they make the ayyappan song and the other one :roll:

plus the song when she leaves munna and goes :roll: :confused2:

Wibha,

Check this link. :D

http://singingphotons.net/arrbgm/Boyz/

Wibha
22nd July 2007, 09:38 AM
LM ANNA THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ty: :ty: :ty: :ty: :ty: :ty: :ty: :ty:

thilak4life
22nd July 2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jewl5hlNnD0

I made this video with ARR's bgm. Check it out.

I had few things to say about TT too,
http://passionforcinema.com/banal-notes-on-the-recently-imbibed-thiruda-thiruda-and-zodiac/

RR
14th March 2008, 07:58 AM
Hai

Even I am a keen listener of the Background scores in tamil mnovies , especially by Rahman.I have been searching so long for the title track & BGM track of the tamil movie Rhythm composed by Rahman.I've not got it yet.If You are able to provide me that , it will be very helpful to me to enhance my collection.

harish shankar <harrish100@yahoo.co.in>

littlemaster1982
14th March 2008, 09:28 AM
Hai

Even I am a keen listener of the Background scores in tamil mnovies , especially by Rahman.I have been searching so long for the title track & BGM track of the tamil movie Rhythm composed by Rahman.I've not got it yet.If You are able to provide me that , it will be very helpful to me to enhance my collection.

harish shankar <harrish100@yahoo.co.in>

It's here. http://singingphotons.net/arrbgm/Rhythm/

thineshan54321
14th March 2008, 07:54 PM
hey guys, i just watched thiruda thiruda BGM+Visuals on youtube and guess what at 1.42, the same BGM isused by HJ (cant pinpoint the movie but i know for sure it is). I think ARR copied HJ!!! :lol: just to be diff.

Devar Magan
15th March 2008, 01:31 AM
Indian BGMs are good.. and, ARR's BGMs in mani's movies are also good.. i like aayitha eluthu BGM very much

sureshmehcnit
17th April 2008, 02:16 PM
How well you know Iruvar and its background score.. check here

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2008/04/match-following.html

Please answer only in the comments section of the post so that everyone can have the fun of guessing

Ramakrishna
22nd April 2008, 07:45 PM
Where can i download Kaathal Desam BGM?