PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 worst serials of the year 2005!

akila3
7th November 2005, 09:19 PM
please cast your vote on the worst serials of 2005! :evil:

akila3
7th November 2005, 09:21 PM
please cast your vote on the worst serials of 2005! :evil:

ts
7th November 2005, 09:35 PM
5. Kanavarukkaga
4. Kanavarukkaga
3. Kanavarukkaga
2. Kanavarukkaga
1. Kanavarukkaga

Sanguine Sridhar
7th November 2005, 11:18 PM
1. Kolangal
2. Kolangal
3. Kolangal
4. Kolangal
5. Kolangal

usha_pooja
7th November 2005, 11:33 PM
[quote="Beckham"]1. Kolangal
2. Kolangal
3. Kolangal
4. Kolangal
5. Kolangal[/quote

1. kolangal n geetaanjali
2.selvi
3.manaivi
4.kanmani
5.kavyanjali

from usha

lordstanher
7th November 2005, 11:35 PM
2.selvi
3.manaivi
4.kanmani
5.kavyanjali

from usha

I thot u hated Muhurtam as well...........? :D

Cinefan
8th November 2005, 10:53 AM
This year the three tamil serials which used to be watched at our place was Anandam,Kolangal&Selvi.

Anandam continues to be watched&it's good.No suffering/crying goody goody women.The mind games played by the protogonists are intelligent&logical.Wonder why this serial is not talked out :?

Stopped watching Kolangal long back,it's become a torture.

Selvi is going nowhere,am not watching it at all though my mom&wife see it(without too much excitement,it's more mechanical)

Kolangal has to be the worst serial on air.It also follows that it's the most successfull :)

lordstanher
8th November 2005, 11:15 AM
Manaivi (after Selvi, at 10pm) is all the more pathetic!! :twisted: :roll:

mr_karthik
8th November 2005, 03:12 PM
WORST 10 SERIALS
------------------------

1) KanavurukkAga (we must give first place for showing all gents, including Rajesh, are 'pottais')

2) Muhoortham (important two charectors killed in the beginning)

3) Kolangal (Thiyaagi Abhi is too much torchering. Put some plaster for Basker's father, please. He knows his words has no value in his family, but that old man will never keep quit... thAngalappA).

4) Selvi (Tamil nAttil eppo adai mazhai vandhathu?. Selvi serialil Radhika sirichArE annaikku. yAr avaL Maya? nonsence)

5) GeethAnjali (send Geetha to mental hospital and close the story).

6) Manaivi (GowsalyavellAm oru heroine...?)

7) MalargaL (another metti oli)

8) Anandham (konjam paravAyillai)

9) MyDear Bootham (Dhinathanthiyin 'kanni theevu', thiraiyil)

10) Bandham (oooohummm)

BEST SERIALS ARE
----------------------

1) Alli rAjiyam
2) Chinna papa periya papa

malligai
8th November 2005, 10:59 PM
IN my opinion KOLANGAL is the WORST of all...

everytime i see Abi, she is with that silly handbag [paavam handbag..] on her shoulders, going from house to house on a 'Peace Mission'.... :lol: :lol:

i am soo bugged that all the serials in Sun TV are 'women oriented'....:roll:
[i only have Sun at home..] :D

usha_pooja
8th November 2005, 11:27 PM
2.selvi
3.manaivi
4.kanmani
5.kavyanjali

from usha

I thot u hated Muhurtam as well...........? :D

yes i do

from usha

usha_pooja
8th November 2005, 11:33 PM
ALL OF DA SERIALS R BORING I CAN GO 2 SLEEP 2 BE HONEST

svasu_ani
9th November 2005, 12:53 AM
some boring n worst serilas

1. manaivi
2.kanavarukkaga
3.kolangal
4.muhurtham
5.sorgam
6.theerka sumangali
7ahalya
8.nimmathi

i jus`watch anandam...and selvi..

karthik_sa2
9th November 2005, 01:20 AM
i am a person who never watches serial that much.but aftre chitti;s stupendous success,i thot of watching selvi.but it is a serial that absolutely sans logic.none of the characrters r well defined.one and the other day their character completely changes.total nonsense.

usha_pooja
9th November 2005, 01:24 AM
i am a person who never watches serial that much.but aftre chitti;s stupendous success,i thot of watching selvi.but it is a serial that absolutely sans logic.none of the characrters r well defined.one and the other day their character completely changes.total nonsense.

chithi is da best success serial 2 be honest.

Take care
from skathi

saradhaa_sn
9th November 2005, 07:25 PM
WORST 10 SERIALS
------------------------

1) KanavurukkAga (we must give first place for showing all gents, including Rajesh, are 'pottais')

3) Kolangal (Thiyaagi Abhi is too much torchering. Put some plaster for Basker's father, please. He knows his words has no value in his family, but that old man will never keep quit... thAngalappA).

4) Selvi (Tamil nAttil eppo adai mazhai vandhathu?. Selvi serialil Radhika sirichArE annaikku. yAr avaL Maya? nonsence)

10) Bandham (oooohummm)

BEST SERIALS ARE
----------------------

1) Alli rAjiyam
Karthik, nice to see your comments for each serial. So totally you brought all serials in the 'worst' list.

Hey, you steal Alli Raajiyam & Chinna Papa Periya papa from my comment. am I correct?.

Surya
10th November 2005, 02:00 PM
1.) "Ganja Party" Ekta Kapoor's Kanavarukaage

2.) Nimmathi (I think Ekta Kapoor might be supplying the director of Nimmathi also!)

3.) Anandham (Who in hell is that psychotic? She gotten back @ them already! Let them go!)

4.) My Dear Bootham (A horrible mixture of Ambulli Mama, Naga's Style, and Graphics)

5.) Kolangal ( Where is she going so urgently in the title song btw? )

My Favs:

Selvi (Besides Radhika's acting)
Manaivi
Shivamayam
Chitambara Rahasiyam

usha_pooja
10th November 2005, 04:00 PM
1.) "Ganja Party" Ekta Kapoor's Kanavarukaage

2.) Nimmathi (I think Ekta Kapoor might be supplying the director of Nimmathi also!)

3.) Anandham (Who in hell is that psychotic? She gotten back @ them already! Let them go!)

4.) My Dear Bootham (A horrible mixture of Ambulli Mama, Naga's Style, and Graphics)

5.) Kolangal ( Where is she going so urgently in the title song btw? )

My Favs:

Selvi (Besides Radhika's acting)
Manaivi
Shivamayam
Chitambara Rahasiyam

well, manaivi is better than kolangal 4 sure but it still is rubbish especially with HV n Divya whos driving me nuts n i wanna hit myself with a bommerang. Avar lalla loosu case. She wont learn. Kalpana can hopefully put some sense in2 her brain cos shes da one whos got da most common sense in da serial.

Take care

from usha

evolution
17th November 2005, 11:03 PM
None of the serials hold interest except Chidambara Rahasiyam.
Manivi is nice amongst the family dramas. The main characters are better worked out there. But some characters especially the badies are baaaaaaaaaaadd.
Women need to wear less makeup and be and act more naturally. Suganya is quite unbearable on Anandham. kollangal story is boring. We need more like Chidambara rahsiyam, Marma desam series. Ramanivs ramani like comedies and old Kb serials. We need more dedicated directors and committed producers. Otherwise we should boycott them.

usha_pooja
17th November 2005, 11:11 PM
Manivi is nice amongst the family dramas. The main characters are better worked out there. But some characters especially the badies are baaaaaaaaaaadd.
Women need to wear less makeup and be and act more naturally. Suganya is quite unbearable on Anandham. kollangal story is boring. We need more like Chidambara rahsiyam, Marma desam series. Ramanivs ramani like comedies and old Kb serials. We need more dedicated directors and committed producers. Otherwise we should boycott them.

i agree with u

aanaa
18th November 2005, 03:43 AM

i agree with u

who is going to boycott?
we - loacl people or foreign people
TV company?

usha_pooja
18th November 2005, 03:49 AM
i suspect tv company n local ppl

i agree with u

who is going to boycott?
we - loacl people or foreign people
TV company?

gta129
18th November 2005, 08:25 AM
WORST 10 SERIALS
------------------------

10) Bandham (oooohummm)

BEST SERIALS ARE
----------------------

1) Alli rAjiyam

Seems like you like sitcoms more than serials.

gta129
18th November 2005, 08:30 AM
I guess the viewers taste is changing, so it's better the directors do something soon.

I also see all of you see most of you hate Selvi. I think it's because Radhika's acting is going down hill after Annamalai. But she is still the strongest actress in Tamil entertainment industry. What ever happened to Vijaya Shnthy? She was a strong actress.

usha_pooja
18th November 2005, 10:02 PM
I guess the viewers taste is changing, so it's better the directors do something soon.

I also see all of you see most of you hate Selvi. I think it's because Radhika's acting is going down hill after Annamalai. But she is still the strongest actress in Tamil entertainment industry. What ever happened to Vijaya Shnthy? She was a strong actress.

yer true i agree with u

evolution
23rd November 2005, 10:07 PM
Why should we watch serial which we think are no good. I do not watch any serial regularly and if it runs because of someother member in the family i try and lure them off if possible. so my time wasted is minimised.
I guess we should consciously work at this. As a generation we are wasting our precious time. We cannot alter what is being telecast but its in our hands to decide how much of what we see.
3 or 4 serial everyday is more than 2 hrs everyday and that is so wrong. So we much select a variety of programmes including currentevents other analysis, discussions, etc and regulate out developing tastes.
Habits can be undone and redone with slow consistent effort and the family is bound to feel better with the tv time

aanaa
24th November 2005, 04:01 AM
because of someother member in the family i try and lure them off if possible. so my time wasted is minimised.

some other members - who are they
may be our parents / grandparents

so when we reach thier place -
who knows we might need it

gta129
24th November 2005, 09:08 AM
because of someother member in the family i try and lure them off if possible. so my time wasted is minimised.

Beside TV Serials are much better than Tamil Movies. Tamil moives have the same storyline :x.

It only has one theme LOVE.

Can't the directors come up iwth some mystery, action horror or adventures movies :idea:.

The Tamil movies are like the English Soap Operas (Tv Serials).

usha_pooja
26th November 2005, 01:49 AM
tamil serials r better than english soaps

lol cos some hv been goin 4 45yrs which i know of.

take care
from usha

Beside TV Serials are much better than Tamil Movies. Tamil moives have the same storyline :x.

It only has one theme LOVE.

Can't the directors come up iwth some mystery, action horror or adventures movies :idea:.

The Tamil movies are like the English Soap Operas (Tv Serials).

laddu
28th January 2006, 01:43 AM
1.Kanavurukka - definitely should be taken out (spoils suntv's credibility)
2.Alli Rajiyam - can't take it longer (2 wife's can't digest i.e fooling 2 women)
3.Muhutham - please main characters are dead..so why continue?
4. Malargal - seen enough of natural slow pacing "sit down, drink coffee's and bye bye's" in meti oli

1. Chidabara Ragasiyam -Best
2. Selvi ( when pace gets faster )
3. Anandham (should end it soon)
4. Kolangal
5. Manaivi - I like only the main characters roles (arasu, anbu - please close chapters)

Anyway, this is only my opinion - nothing personal.

Chao

vekala
28th January 2006, 03:56 AM
1. KanavurukkAga ---worst serial of the era
2. Geethanjali (Utter non-sense)
3. Meendum Meendum Sirripu (Shld be renamed as Meendum Meendum Aruvai...no humour only rubbish)
4. Kolangal (SOgangal)
5. Manaivi

The one and only best serial is CR
Muhurthum is getting better now....i didn't happen to watch the statring parts!
Also only recently i started to watch My dear bootham( b'cos of my kid :))....is kinda getting better!

sangeetha_me
28th January 2006, 05:29 AM
1. Selvi
2. Kolangal
3. Kanavarukaaga
4. Manaivi
5. Muhoortham

dinesh2002
23rd February 2006, 04:23 PM
im not a serial fan.... but once in a while ill be sitting down with family and just watch it .... and these r my top 5

1.Kolangal [ the intro song shows ladies r strong & should have power in them,but the serial end up showing them crying ALL the time,dun get the point...deviyani is like 1 major heroine which doesnt have any bad character and gives that ANGEL look :evil: ]

2.Anandham [ i dun get this at all... wut is thier point.... wut a crappy serial with irritatin intro song ]

3.Selvi [ yet another radhika serial which shows she thiyagam pannu allot & acts cool... arent chitti & annamalai enough???? ]

4.My Dear Bhootam [ senseless serial with cheap graphics and involving God/Goddess ... showing God/Goddes like cartoon character helping bhootams....yuck!!]

5.Manaivi [ didnt expect such crappy story from C.J Baskar..after the great Chitti & Half of annamalai... ]

i only like Selvangal & Alli Rajiyam..... never miss Alli Rajiyam but i do watch Selvangal if i got the chance....

i heard another serial joins the list...Penn....nice tittle,hope they dun show Penn crying again like Kolangal :lol:

akila3
8th March 2006, 01:39 AM
[quote="usha_pooja"]tamil serials r better than english soaps

lol cos some hv been goin 4 45yrs which i know of.

take care
from usha

This is Ture. Thank God this Idea never struck our tamil serial directors. Otherwise half the tamil Population would be in Mental Hospital. I guess White people have more patience than the tamil People.

usha_pooja
8th March 2006, 01:51 AM
yes i agree with u akila that is very true. Also i could imagine tamil directors ending up in mental hospitals along with the actors and acteress involved in this serials.

take care
from usha

azhagi
8th March 2006, 04:21 AM
Worst serials
1-Kanavarukaaga
2. Ahalya
3. Manaivi
4. Selvi
5. Sorgam

What do you feel about Malargal..I feel this serial is good...fast moving,unlike the serials being telecast these days...

Raikkonen
9th March 2006, 01:04 AM
Thread pera matti top 5 best nu sollunga..
Yenna athan kashtam..
worstnu sonna 50 sollalam....

ramky
9th March 2006, 07:39 AM
Thread pera matti top 5 best nu sollunga..
Yenna athan kashtam..
worstnu sonna 50 sollalam....
ya, i agree. maybe we can include top 5 best serials also in this topic itself ? a/w, worst serial i feel is "kanavarukkaaga". how can the director portray women as so naive (?!) - the protogonist gets her husband married to the same women who tried to snatch him and tried to kill her as well !

best serials :

1. ithu oru kaadhal kadhai - vijay tv
2. selvi
3. penn - sun tv
4. kaasalavu nesam - raj tv ( rerun of KB's serial telecast in late 1990's )

btw, does anyone have any idea why KB's serials dont come on sun tv anymore ?

Pannu
10th March 2006, 02:50 AM
im not a serial fan.... but once in a while ill be sitting down with family and just watch it .... and these r my top 5

1.Kolangal [ the intro song shows ladies r strong & should have power in them,but the serial end up showing them crying ALL the time,dun get the point...deviyani is like 1 major heroine which doesnt have any bad character and gives that ANGEL look :evil: ]

2.Anandham [ i dun get this at all... wut is thier point.... wut a crappy serial with irritatin intro song ]

3.Selvi [ yet another radhika serial which shows she thiyagam pannu allot & acts cool... arent chitti & annamalai enough???? ]

4.My Dear Bhootam [ senseless serial with cheap graphics and involving God/Goddess ... showing God/Goddes like cartoon character helping bhootams....yuck!!]

5.Manaivi [ didnt expect such crappy story from C.J Baskar..after the great Chitti & Half of annamalai... ]

i only like Selvangal & Alli Rajiyam..... never miss Alli Rajiyam but i do watch Selvangal if i got the chance....

i heard another serial joins the list...Penn....nice tittle,hope they dun show Penn crying again like Kolangal :lol:

You are absolutely correct...

In all the bad serials there will be 2 set of people. One always praise the lead women watever good happens in their life...Ther other set always blames the women whenever something goes wrong...A good example is selvi...Even when Maya gets a hiccups everybody starts blaming selvi...On the other hand if thamarai or thamarai's dad or her children smiles ,then it is because of the great selvi. I dont know what is stopping selvi, the one who goes by her heart, to tell thamarai all the secrets...why does she want to suffer a lot ...

I was unable to watch suntv for 3 months, but when I got the connection again, it seems like I didnt miss anything from the serials...

vekala
10th March 2006, 03:30 AM
Now to top them all another worst serial is "Selvangal".
The most stupidous story line i have ever seen. Really irritating! Infact i have stopped watching the serail for the past 2 weeks....since i started to feel hysterical!
Looking for some kind of way to make sun tv stop telecasting such serials! Any ideas guys?

vekala
10th March 2006, 03:39 AM
btw, does anyone have any idea why KB's serials dont come on sun tv anymore ?
I think Minbimbangal had a clash with Sun Tv. It all started with the prime time slot...when Radaan was given the slot Minbimbangal asked (some vague recollection). Hence from Sorna regai it shifted to other channel.

ramky
10th March 2006, 04:02 AM
thnx for the info vekala. and to think that many of sun tv's well known faces were introduced in KB's serials !

azhagi
10th March 2006, 05:29 AM
I thought Selvangal started off well,I did not get to watch it in between,now I don't understand much of what is happening. :roll:

I think finally all 4 daughters will actually turn out to be adopted :lol:

Penn has started off well,let's see what happens.

dsb101
17th March 2006, 06:18 AM
Selvi isnt a bad serial...it does have some unrealistic parts in it but its an enjoyable serial to watch because everybodys acting well and there are laughable jokes in there

Raikkonen
3rd April 2006, 10:22 AM
Ippa ellas serisalsume :banghead: than

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 06:53 AM
every week day..late night after the one following penn sumthing called kanavarukaha goes :banghead: i started watching it 2, 3 days backk...OMG ITS PISSING ME OFF! I HATE ITTTTTTT! two galz fighting ova one guy! :banghead: total non sense...dat padmini gal is soo stupid...she kidnaps dat ugly dude called vikram o woteva and sandhya is like bal bla bla give him back....ayooooo :banghead: i'd be like helll this is enuff! get lost u looser!

i watched it for one day..i was like omg what idiots...so i watched it the next day to see any improvment...and it gets worse...and then i watch it every day so i can bang my head on the wall....serious...i watch it cos i hate it....i cant believe it.........and i watch it cos i want to find out the ending to this stupidddd fight....my muma hates it too...but my whole family including my dad watch it :rotfl: cos we just luvvv seeing how stupid they are....and we jus luv trashing them while watching it

the main reason why my family watches it: we love to trash them by words while watching it...even my 5 year old sis can guess the next scene :rotfl:

ERHHHHHHH I HATE IT SOOOO MUCH!

kandiban
1st May 2006, 07:11 AM
selvi is the best

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 07:14 AM
man noooo! tht shud neva happen between friends!

i don think there are any good stuff going on now!

THE BEST IS CHITHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

AND THEN METI OLIIIIIII!

and now penn isn't too bad...but i'v only watched a few episodes

Lambretta
2nd May 2006, 09:23 AM
every week day..late night after the one following penn sumthing called kanavarukaha goes :banghead: i started watching it 2, 3 days backk...OMG ITS PISSING ME OFF! I HATE ITTTTTTT! two galz fighting ova one guy! :banghead: total non sense...dat padmini gal is soo stupid...she kidnaps dat ugly dude called vikram o woteva and sandhya is like bal bla bla give him back....ayooooo :banghead: i'd be like helll this is enuff! get lost u looser!
:rotfl:
Gaayu, ur :banghead: reminds me of the peugeot car ad wher tat Indian guy goes on banging his Ambassador car on the walls while "restyling" it into a Peugeot......'hope u didnt restyle ur head into sum other shape....! :lol:

Neways, :D Yea even I didnt find this serial meaningful to watch....but tat Sandhya gal is cute (well, except for her "gaddha mukku" :))

ramky
2nd May 2006, 03:31 PM
.....THE BEST IS CHITHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! ....
....and now penn isn't too bad...but i'v only watched a few episodes

Yep I also feel Chithi was a very good serial. Penn is also fine so far - I like the concept of three friends starting a business together and becoming successful doing so.

wendy
7th May 2006, 05:31 PM
worst...sorgam
last year saw last 50 episodes of "engirintho vandhal" on jaya...really good...good heroiene...nice dilogues...no crying....one of the best seen so far really....

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 09:17 AM
Nimmadhi
ANandham
Penn
Kolangal
SOrgam
Malargal
Engirundho Vandhal
Roja
ALli Rajjiyam
Selvi
Ahalya
Deerga SUmangali
Selvangal
Athu Mattum Ragasiyam
SIndhubad

oh 5 worst-ah
Very sorry....

Ramakrishna
9th May 2006, 08:06 PM
Nimmadhi
ANandham
Penn
Kolangal
SOrgam
Malargal
Engirundho Vandhal
Roja
ALli Rajjiyam
Selvi
Ahalya
Deerga SUmangali
Selvangal
Athu Mattum Ragasiyam
SIndhubad

oh 5 worst-ah
Very sorry....

Raikko babe,

It is great to see u remembering so many serial names.Great job :wink: :clap: :lol:

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 08:20 PM
Another worse thing is that, the title songs..
They just change the lasyt word..

Nee nalla vazhntal ..... NIMMADHI
Nee nalla vazhantal..... ANANDHAM
Nee nalla vazhntal.... SORGAM

:banghead:

narayanan
9th May 2006, 09:33 PM
oh my gaaad ivlo serial paakareengala :o. I had sun tv until 2004, Chithi was pretty ok, although you should watch no more than 2 times a week to protect your brain from permanent damage.

Is Annamalai over yet ?

Kolangal was decent when it started, but soon was excessive torture (especially after Abi got married).

Anyways no soap can come near 'Junoon - after the break' :lol:

My mom herself has stopped seeing serials, that explains the standard of serials these days. Serials a decade earlier in Doordarshan are million times better than these trash, not all had a female crying 24/7 non-stop.

I was totally pissed off seeing 'Thadayam', plots were like the ones even a 4th grade kid would be able to guess, which would take almost 2-3 episodes to complete on TV :banghead:

Ghlli
10th May 2006, 02:17 AM
nope...my face hasn't changed shape :lol:

yeah, snadhya is pretty, she should get her nose done tho!

:rotfl:
Gaayu, ur :banghead: reminds me of the peugeot car ad wher tat Indian guy goes on banging his Ambassador car on the walls while "restyling" it into a Peugeot......'hope u didnt restyle ur head into sum other shape....! :lol:

Neways, :D Yea even I didnt find this serial meaningful to watch....but tat Sandhya gal is cute (well, except for her "gaddha mukku" :))

Ghlli
10th May 2006, 02:19 AM
yuppp chithi mannnn tht was the bestzzz, penn is gd too, i duno y i like it buh i jus do :huh:

.....THE BEST IS CHITHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! ....
....and now penn isn't too bad...but i'v only watched a few episodes

Yep I also feel Chithi was a very good serial. Penn is also fine so far - I like the concept of three friends starting a business together and becoming successful doing so.

ramky
14th May 2006, 04:35 PM
yuppp chithi mannnn tht was the bestzzz, penn is gd too, i duno y i like it buh i jus do :huh:
Hmm so do I. Btw can anyone tell me how TRP ratings are done ? are surveys done among the genral public ?

phmaideen
21st September 2006, 11:59 AM
selvi