PDA

View Full Version : Rang De Basanti

sureshmehcnit
5th November 2005, 09:30 AM
Read Rang De Basanti Music Preview here

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/11/rang-de-basanti-music-preview.html

MADDY
5th November 2005, 12:15 PM
Rang de basanti is said to have a mesmerising script according to Aamir........i think it is the biggest hope for ARR in Hindi as jodha-akbar and other period/slow movies are sure to flop.......

the music has to be really contemporary suplemented by gud publicity will ensure it is a hit..........

Scale
7th November 2005, 03:37 PM
does anyone have this trailor.

http://www.aamirkhan.org/home.php seams to be dead.

Guess_Me
22nd November 2005, 09:09 PM
Message at ARR Fans Yahoo Group

An update on the 2 songs of Rang De Basanti . . .

1. Ru Ba Ru
You are going to love this song, which is a duet sung by ARR himself
and an upcoming male singer (keep guessing). A fantastic melody and
great inspiring lyrics to support it. This song will grow on you, the
very first instance you hear it.

2. Untitled Song
For the first time in the history 2 legends will be singing together
viz. ARR and Lata Mangeshkar. This song like all Arr masterpieces,
will take a long time to get into your system, a sign of an ever-
green song. It is for the first time a music director sings along
with Lata Mageshkar!! Hold your breath, until this song is out !

Rang De Basanti on a whole will be milestone in ARR's career as for
the first time you will get to hear a new sound, and that new sound
will be engineered by one of the most experienced and respected
sound engineers in India, K.J. Singh !! And I bet you, he is a
zillion times better than H. Sridhar!!!

njv
23rd November 2005, 03:57 PM
2. Untitled Song
For the first time in the history 2 legends will be singing together
viz. ARR and Lata Mangeshkar. This song like all Arr masterpieces,
will take a long time to get into your system, a sign of an ever-
green song. It is for the first time a music director sings along
with Lata Mageshkar!! Hold your breath, until this song is out !

Rang De Basanti on a whole will be milestone in ARR's career as for
the first time you will get to hear a new sound, and that new sound
will be engineered by one of the most experienced and respected
sound engineers in India, K.J. Singh !! And I bet you, he is a
zillion times better than H. Sridhar!!!

how can ppl say such things. U suddenly decided to bash Sridhar cuz ARR is working with KJ Singh? Jesus.

Also with all due respect Lata's tone is totally torn apart these days. Every one of her latest album made all of us felt like someone younger would have been suitable and listenable! God save us here. I too heard teh songs of RDB and they are mind blowing but I wouldnt bet on Lata's song for sure.

Guess_Me
23rd November 2005, 11:07 PM
I was also surprised on the poster's comment on H Sridhar. Frankly I havent heard Indian albums better engineered than ARR-Sridhar combo. They are terrific.

Guess_Me
25th November 2005, 11:46 AM
Message from ARR fans group

Cheers to all rahman fans...Good news

Just spoke to sony bmg...the music will be out on 9th dec....and there
are gona be 10 songs in the audio...a mix of instrumental n songs..isnt that
amazing...

And he also told me that the songs are totally youthfull..and its
gonna be a new Rahman music all together...and Rahman is at his best in this
movie....guys i just cant wait any more...the promos are out on v channel
and will be on all other by 27th sunday....

Jai Rahman

Rajeev Jain

Mumbai

Guess_Me
26th November 2005, 11:43 AM
Rang De Basanti trailer now available at IndiaFM

http://www.indiafm.com/features/2005/11/24/846/index.html

Scale
26th November 2005, 06:52 PM
Rang De Basanti trailer now available at IndiaFM

http://www.indiafm.com/features/2005/11/24/846/index.html

Oye! Maddy & Siddharth (Boys) :o with Aamir,

Gonna rock for sure......

:clap:

united07
3rd December 2005, 11:01 AM
Although at first it sounds too cheap to be ARR's composition, but the sound keeps haunting you after the second listening.

Hope all the other songs also lives up to the expectations....

Scale
6th December 2005, 07:48 PM
TRACK LIST

1) RANG DE BASANTI :- DALER MEHANDI

2) PHATSHALA :- NARESH IYER N GROUP

3) PHATSHALA :- ENG VERSION

4) RU BA RU :- NARESH IYER AND RAHMAN

5) LUKA CHUPI :- LATA M AND RAHMAN

6) TU BIN :- NARESH IYER N SADHANA SARGAM

7) LALKAR :- AAMIR KHAN

8) KHUN CHALE :- MOHIT SURI

9) EK OMKAR SATNAM

baba88
6th December 2005, 07:56 PM
GOOD NEWS FOR ALL A.R.RAHMAN FANS !

RANG DE BASANTI AUDIO RELEASES IN TWO DAYS.
IT'S CONFIRMED THAT THE AUDIO RELEASES ON THURSDAY !

vijayr
7th December 2005, 12:27 AM
Lata M= Lata mangeshkar? If so, why is Rahman still obsessed with those Mangeshkar sisters? Their voices are well past their expiry dates.

njv
7th December 2005, 01:34 AM
GOOD NEWS FOR ALL A.R.RAHMAN FANS !

RANG DE BASANTI AUDIO RELEASES IN TWO DAYS.
IT'S CONFIRMED THAT THE AUDIO RELEASES ON THURSDAY !
Tomorrow in USA! thursday in India!!

Scale
7th December 2005, 09:50 AM
Lata M= Lata mangeshkar? If so, why is Rahman still obsessed with those Mangeshkar sisters? Their voices are well past their expiry dates.

Yes. I am confused whether it is a mother-son sentimental song or a duet.

Can be also kalayil dinamum - new. Someone mentioned it in ARRYG, lyrics exactly matches. Not sure.

dinesh2002
7th December 2005, 10:17 AM

hahahahahahahahah :lol: ...tell me bout it...she practicly spoilt the Khamoshiyan Gungunane lagi song...

i think its a mother-son sentiment song....as i know...for past 13 years...ARR never sang any love duet song....

dude
7th December 2005, 12:35 PM
Dinesh,

ARR has sung a duet with Swetha shetty: 'Mangta hai kya' - Rangeela :-)

dude
7th December 2005, 12:41 PM
About the song that Amir khan has sung:

http://www.aamirkhan.org/lalkaar_archives.php

dude
7th December 2005, 12:44 PM

Yes. I am confused whether it is a mother-son sentimental song or a duet.

Can be also kalayil dinamum - new. Someone mentioned it in ARRYG, lyrics exactly matches. Not sure.

Yes, it is a mother-son senti song...
Check this page: http://www.teakada.com/archives/001581.html

dinesh2002
7th December 2005, 04:12 PM
Dinesh,

ARR has sung a duet with Swetha shetty: 'Mangta hai kya' - Rangeela :-)

oh yeah...slipped of my mind...i never liked that song :P

njv
8th December 2005, 06:25 AM
Heard the song. First album with more ARR voice!

Loose control song will be a hit. Its a loop song and has good tempo through out.

Rang De Basanti - is a bhangra. good fast peppy one but may disappoing his fans, since they dont expect bhangra from mozart!

Tum Bin Bataye - very nice melody. rehashed but nevertheless very soothing melody.

khalbali - arabic song. Sounds like Hey rabba hey rabba song (sirpi!). Finally arr copy sirpi who copied some arabic song. hmmmm. Interestingly ARR sang this song.

khoon chala - nice melody again. the percussion remind me of the beat in "poovaar senni mannan" from TIS, but thats just eh percussion beat. the song is good.

Paathshala-be-rebel - by blaaze - same loose control song (dont know why labeled as paathshala). Sound better than loose control. This will be another one that will lead the chart.

luka chuppi - horrible. ARR Lata let down big time. started nicely (like nila kaaikirathu) and the second lata opened her voice its crying.

lalkaar - amirkhan sang (hmmm dialogue)

roobaroo - (guitar sound like jinki changu jinkicho from valli!) - then goes like "nee thaa naa" from aayutha ezhuthu and has spanish feel through out - very good melody. arr gave voice. very nice.

This is based on my second hearing. I am honestly not biased.

One thing for sure, the beat and few instrumental sound rehash, but a totall new/fresh attempt ARR.

lancelot
8th December 2005, 08:43 AM
i don know if asking this is rite... but is there a site where i can download the songs??

hehe
:D

dinesh2002
8th December 2005, 09:18 AM

Loose control song will be a hit. Its a loop song and has good tempo through out.

Rang De Basanti - is a bhangra. good fast peppy one but may disappoing his fans, since they dont expect bhangra from mozart!

Tum Bin Bataye - very nice melody. rehashed but nevertheless very soothing melody.

khalbali - arabic song. Sounds like Hey rabba hey rabba song (sirpi!). Finally arr copy sirpi who copied some arabic song. hmmmm. Interestingly ARR sang this song.

khoon chala - nice melody again. the percussion remind me of the beat in "poovaar senni mannan" from TIS, but thats just eh percussion beat. the song is good.

Paathshala-be-rebel - by blaaze - same loose control song (dont know why labeled as paathshala). Sound better than loose control. This will be another one that will lead the chart.

luka chuppi - horrible. ARR Lata let down big time. started nicely (like nila kaaikirathu) and the second lata opened her voice its crying.

roobaroo - (guitar sound like jinki changu jinkicho from valli!) - then goes like "nee thaa naa" from aayutha ezhuthu and has spanish feel through out - very good melody. arr gave voice. very nice.

One thing for sure, the beat and few instrumental sound rehash, but a totall new/fresh attempt ARR.

man....from ur review shows its the worse album by ARR...goodness....a song like sirpi :shock: is there any song that is from the ARRAHMAN we know???? :?

njv
8th December 2005, 10:09 AM
man....from ur review shows its the worse album by ARR...goodness....a song like sirpi :shock: is there any song that is from the ARRAHMAN we know???? :?
not that worst. Also ARR songs grow over time. Only one song is in arabic and sound like "hey shabba hey shabba" I belive its VS not Sirpi.

BTW the loose control song i believe is cruise control (they killed the tamil and now killing english too). Also wait for Suresh's review. His one is totally unbiased and has music knowledge too.

njv
8th December 2005, 06:19 PM
suresh, waiting for your review

sad
8th December 2005, 06:44 PM
Rang De Basanti - a winner for A. R. Rehman?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 08, 2005]

It has been quite a while since A. R. Rehman had a Bollywood hit to his credit.

Since Saathiya [2002], Rehman has had multiple releases for Hindi movies like Tehzeeb, Lakeer, Meenaxi, Yuva, Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha, Swades, Kisna, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Mangal Pandey. Sadly, inspite of good music in some of the flicks, commercially none of them went on to hit the bull's eye in a way Rehman's music used to do till around a few years back.

Now with Aamir Khan's 'Rang De Basanti' promos on air, one gets a feeling that Rehman may finally have a successful musical score in hands. Currently the title song on air along with another youthful track 'Paathshaala' have made for an interesting hearing. Also the vibrant look of both the songs conveys tremendous positive energy.

Watch out for the music album that releases in a short while from now and the verdict should be out soon!

sad
8th December 2005, 06:46 PM
http://img.indiaglitz.com/playerV2/vplayer.asp?tid=19207

trailer 2

njv
9th December 2005, 12:07 AM
Rang De Basanti - a winner for A. R. Rehman?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 08, 2005]

It has been quite a while since A. R. Rehman had a Bollywood hit to his credit.

Since Saathiya [2002], Rehman has had multiple releases for Hindi movies like Tehzeeb, Lakeer, Meenaxi, Yuva, Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha, Swades, Kisna, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Mangal Pandey. Sadly, inspite of good music in some of the flicks, commercially none of them went on to hit the bull's eye in a way Rehman's music used to do till around a few years back.

Now with Aamir Khan's 'Rang De Basanti' promos on air, one gets a feeling that Rehman may finally have a successful musical score in hands. Currently the title song on air along with another youthful track 'Paathshaala' have made for an interesting hearing. Also the vibrant look of both the songs conveys tremendous positive energy.

Watch out for the music album that releases in a short while from now and the verdict should be out soon!

Usually I listent to ARR songs and thow them out immediately. Few exceptions in recent days are Boys, KKS, E20U18.

I didnt take the CD to my work today and the song is going thru' my mind all the time. It may not be good on first hearing, but the songs are fresh and different. I honestly now hate Rang De Basanti bhangra song and Lata M song, but rest of the songs are kewl. Even the arabic song I like (infact thats the one ringing along with cruise controlsong)

paathshaala - is the cruise control song. dont know why its called paathshaala - but its really kewl. this will rock. the BIG difference in this album is that the songs doesnt have tempo. I increased my volume to max and still didnt get it, may be recording issue? or thats how they scored the music!

:thumbsup: from me.

Gaja
9th December 2005, 12:38 AM
the songs are now available at Uyirvani.com... i must say the songs are different and amazzzzzzzzziing!!! my top pick is "Roobaroo" and the arabic song.. the rest of the songs are indeed kewl...

a refreshing album from rahman.. a must buy for all :-)

muzammil84
9th December 2005, 03:09 AM
Hello Guys All Songs Very Cool
Rang De Basanti bhangra song and Lata M , this song is not bad too, i like very much Lata ji song, u will like this song njv :)

dinesh2002
9th December 2005, 11:26 AM
after listenin to all rang de basanti songs....1 thing is confirmed...ARR composed the songs for the COMMON hindi audience....i think he wants to deliver a hit among the neutral movie goes...what u guys think.... so far i loved luki chuppi & rang de basanti song..shockingly chitra sang in this song too...she sounds so sweet like ever... and the duet by madhushree & naresh iyer is nothing like mayilirage ofcource,but i noticed that song is really really really weird!! i think that song we can see the ARR that wants to experiment...really weird song :? but it does has the resemblance to do kadham - meenaxi..i think naresh iyer is a fav of ARR now,clearly can see he replaced karthik with naresh.... 1 thing for sure...audio will be a big hit among hindi people.... good luck ARR!! :wink:

lancelot
9th December 2005, 03:32 PM
i seriouslyyyyyyyy wanna listen to the songs... somone pls tell me frm where i can download them..pls pls pls pls pls pls

Uyirvani.com dosent hav them

hehe

njv
9th December 2005, 06:15 PM
1 thing for sure...audio will be a big hit among hindi people.... good luck ARR!! :wink:

IMHO, This is definitely not for a common hindi listener. Songs are fresh and new. Sorry to be different from you, but as an IR fan, I like this more than Water, Bose etc, mainly because the other albums have good tunes but low-to-no instrument usage and here its pretty good.

Nope. unfortunately sales & expectation for this CD is very dull among hindi audiance. most of ARR tamil fans only bothered about this song. In terms of sales, it will do equal/less than Mangal Pandey. sorry to say but ARR lost his hindi audio market. he still has good market in tamil (except when he scores for SJS - new and aa aah songs were good but sales were all time low because of sjs), so hopefully he will hold on to it with the release of good movies in 2006.

Lataji song - hmmm definite skip. If I can "erase" from the CD, I would be happy, but I cant. :(

Scale
10th December 2005, 11:34 AM

njv, check the following link

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/58209

No wonder that you are totally biased everytime any ARR album gets released. Snehidhane inspired from earlier IR song, The you are trying to educate us that water is rehashed from his earlier songs now RDB too. Why dont you bring up some evidences to prove yr point. Keep up the good work. :evil:

RDB certainly rocks!!!. I am instantly hooked. I am finding some rave reviews of this album online to post here. This man amazes me everytime with his new albums & how he is completely different from others. He proves his potential of delivering varieties like swades, bose, rising aa aah, water, now RDB.

Is anyone in the industry here????

Scale
10th December 2005, 11:38 AM
Some of the RDB Musical Reviews,

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/58162

njv, the above review is exclusively for you.

http://prabhukrish.net/

Scale
10th December 2005, 03:21 PM
[tscii:dc5cad4c0c]Suresh's review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/12/rang-de-basanti-music-review_10.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry Suresh, I posted it b4 you. :wink: I really liked the way you finished it "HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ALBUM"

First of all, this is an A.R.Rahman album without Naveen’s flute. I don’t remember any album of A.R.Rahman without Naveen’s contribution.

A.R.Rahman avoided the usual Udit, Sonu, Alka and others in the album paving way for new singers to exhibit their talents.

The variety in the songs. No two songs sound same in this album. Of course this is true for most of ARR’s albums.

Naresh Iyer seems to the latest favorite of A.R.Rahman. He has got 3 songs in such a big film and that is definitely a great debut for any new singer. Naresh Iyer does a great job in all three songs which are completely different from each other.

At last, an album which even common bollywood music lovers will like and that will make the album a big success commercially.[/tscii:dc5cad4c0c]

inetk
10th December 2005, 04:45 PM
RDB. For the RSS generation. In 100 words.
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Scale
10th December 2005, 05:11 PM
karthik :clap: :clap:

ARR rocks again.

njv!! i am listening to it nonstop.

man is anything wrong with you sirpi,TIS,rehash :evil: :banghead: :rotfl:

njv
10th December 2005, 07:03 PM
Scale

dont know from where you got this attitude. read my earlier post about RDB

Usually I listent to ARR songs and thow them out immediately. Few exceptions in recent days are Boys, KKS, E20U18.

I didnt take the CD to my work today and the song is going thru' my mind all the time. It may not be good on first hearing, but the songs are fresh and different. I honestly now hate Rang De Basanti bhangra song and Lata M song, but rest of the songs are kewl. Even the arabic song I like (infact thats the one ringing along with cruise controlsong)

paathshaala - is the cruise control song. dont know why its called paathshaala - but its really kewl. this will rock. the BIG difference in this album is that the songs doesnt have tempo. I increased my volume to max and still didnt get it, may be recording issue? or thats how they scored the music!

:thumbsup: from me.

BTW did you listened to RDB yet?

Scale
10th December 2005, 07:41 PM
karthik :clap: :clap:

ARR rocks again.

njv!! i am listening to it nonstop.

man is anything wrong with you sirpi,TIS,rehash :evil: :banghead: :rotfl:

Didnt you read the above one?. My question is when are you going to come out of that Mask while hearing other MD's new albums. On the Ist listening itself how did you find those resemblance of sirpi, TIS, rehash stuffs even in Water too.

njv: Usually I listent to ARR songs and thow them out immediately.

Is this what your attitue means?

Sorry Dude! Dont bother much about my attitude. Everyone knows here when it comes to ARR. FYI, I still have many of those gems of IR preserved including TIS yet.

Scale
10th December 2005, 07:50 PM
btw, how good are you in Hindi to rate an album & to reject that Lata-ARR maa-beta song?. I have found rave reviews about the lyrics youthful & very touching in those melodies.

I can manage to speak & understand but not to the extent of writing a review unknowing the lyrical parts in depth.. I feel guilty to post a review without knowing much about it.

Thats what I meant.

njv
10th December 2005, 09:40 PM
I have been listening to RDB since 6th, I didnt post immediately. Anyways let me stop here. Let ARR fan speak about this album - if they are interested.

muzammil84
11th December 2005, 02:26 AM
What i can tell about Rand De Basanthi woooooooow great albems of 2005, i can't wait for see the video songs the arabic song and Pathasala song, in each albem ARR doing try to give Different And New Style Music, i find all songs are Different and New Style.

Arr done Very Nice Job with Khalbali song, Arabic tune with hindi Lyrics wooooooooow, this is my faverites in this albem :) when he sing Ziddi Ziddi Ziddi it's out of World Felling.

And Lata ji Song wooooooooow it's very nice and touching, as i don't know hindi, i ask to my friend to translate wooooooow very very touching lyrics and Music :)

Rooooobooorooo when i heard arr voice in this song, i meld myself :)

After 4 times heard listen song rang de basanthi it become very cool

and all of other song r great too

waiting for other reply . :)

dinesh2002
11th December 2005, 12:37 PM
no offence though,but these composition is just average if u compare it to any other arr albums,but it is great when u compare it among the hindi albums.the only track had the typical arr touch was rang de basanti by daler mendi & chitra.rest r not sticking to my mind....its just my point of view.. 8-) and yea,eventhough Kalayil dhinamum - New was exactly a son-mother song,but it stands the best until now for me! :D

stone cold
11th December 2005, 04:14 PM
Luka Chuppi sounds average in 1st hearing but now its one of my favourite song.

Scale
11th December 2005, 06:56 PM
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:53:55 -0000
Subject: [arr] Special mention about Lukka Chuppi

What a beautiful, heartfelt and emotional song by Rahman and Lata.Very touching lyrics combined with a classical flavor, this song is just amazing. Love the classical alaaps performed at the end by Rahman and Lata. The tabla playing is very diverse with different thekas and variations. THat's not easy to sing! Shows Rahman's pure command over semi classical forms.

Date: Fri Dec 9, 2005 4:54 pm
Subject: I'm in love with Lukka Chuppi

Wow !!!! cant stop humming and listening to this track again and again....goosebumps stuff....typical chord progressions.......before the 2nd interlude (minutes 3 to 4) when Lata sings "Lukka Chuppi", you can hear panflutes in the background - wow ! even if you only heard those 10 seconds, you d feel the a r r stamp just based on the flute.......and the alaap at the end is awesomeeeeee!!

Theres a harmonium sound playing the song as it is throughout..im assuming its Hridaynath Mangeshkar playing it as he always does whenver and wherever Lata sings...

Cheers
Vij

njv
11th December 2005, 10:53 PM
no offence though,but these composition is just average if u compare it to any other arr albums,but it is great when u compare it among the hindi albums.the only track had the typical arr touch was rang de basanti by daler mendi & chitra.rest r not sticking to my mind....its just my point of view.. 8-) and yea,eventhough Kalayil dhinamum - New was exactly a son-mother song,but it stands the best until now for me! :D

Amen. If you tell, they will accept it. If I tell, they will yell at me because I like another MD. Anyways, honestly, I am repeating this CD since 6th and it feels good. Out of 8 songs, I liked 7 of them (I didnt count the 1st and 9th song because it sounds more like dialogue/BGM than song). It is by far more advanced & different I have heard in recent days for hindi films. I never listened to DM but this one made me start listening to dM songs. Nice voice. My daughter's favorite songs i roobaroo - she just love it.

lancelot
11th December 2005, 11:42 PM
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
sintilating... i cant stop the CD..... i'll tell wat is the best after i listen to it more.... another beauty from the best

hehe

Music4Ever
12th December 2005, 06:40 AM
Indeed! RDB has a range of songs to appeal to a wide variety of listeners. Roobaroo is eminently hummable, as is Khalbali hai Khalbali. Lukka chuppi seems to be a touching melody, very well sung by ARR keeping pace with the great Lata. Tum Bin BatayE seems to be of the genre of PorkaLam angE from Thenali. Very haunting number. Khoon chala is another lilting melody reminding one of vellai pookaL from Kanathil Muthamittal. Paathshala will appeal to youngsters while the Bangra seems very different. A fantastic album from ARR.

Scale
12th December 2005, 10:39 AM
good one M4E.

About Naresh Iyer,

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/february/103328.htm

ARR was the judge. Naresh Iyer was also the finalist who lost the winner. But ARR with surprise offered him the songs.

Another blogger's review,
http://trublurahmaniac.blogspot.com/2005/12/rang-de-basanti-oh.html

zz
12th December 2005, 07:00 PM
I have read your posting else where also and note that you are an IR fan with liking to ARR also..

Good I respect your opinion, even though I wehemently disagree with you on the lata - ARR song..

That song is the song of the album...
Wait for the time to roll out...it will be in everybodies mouth and people will write pages on it here in the forum and else where....

ARR did not compose a run of a mill song to the great nightingale...he sang the song in the same way expected out of Lata..You should note the shift from strum guitar to tabla to harmonium at the end even while maintaining the guitar thru out at the background...

Wow is the word...I am surprised how being an IR fan you missed these nuances which I guess most of IR fans look out in Ir songs..

Anyway, your opinion is repected my me and folks similar to my attitute and I encourage you to write more and not get perturbed by some angry voices of die hard fans of ARR...

Your admission about listening to RDB from 6th onwards says how you like the songs....That's a sing of a good music fan.

Nice writing to you at the end.

Nerd
12th December 2005, 10:39 PM
khalbali song just rocks :thumbsup: Other songs dint impress me yet. Probably coz I dont understand literature hindi!

njv
12th December 2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks. The Lata song is melody I completely agree but I just didnt like Latajis' voice. No offence to Lataji, I am still a big fan of her and listen to all her old gems, but just this one I didnt like. Just my ears.

I wondered how ARR will score for this movie because these days you either have remix type songs (Dhoom/Dus/Chocolate/Bluffmaster and what not) or you have the typical late 80s song (Lucky/MPKK etc). There are very few that surprises (Parineeta recently but has couple of old songs in better rerecording though!) and RDB is a surprise to all. Its totally different from rest of the albums and shows why ARR is ARR.

Today I went from RDB to ONOK to RDB to ONOK. - just repeatU these two for today.

zz
13th December 2005, 05:31 PM
>>>Today I went from RDB to ONOK to RDB to ONOK.

Just amazed by your balance of taste..Good to have you in the thread.....

njv
13th December 2005, 07:25 PM
khalbali song just rocks :thumbsup: Other songs dint impress me yet. Probably coz I dont understand literature hindi!
and you understand arabic? Just teasing you. Yes it indeed rocks. This album has so many variety that you will fall for this album for one or the other track. Few fall for kalbali and few fall for bhangra and few fall for roobaroo (this song bring me DCH mood) and some fall for Lataji's song. Its hard for someone to not like any of this album, even if they hate ARR. This is so different from rest of ARR albums. I just hope they make good use of it in the movie.

muzammil84
13th December 2005, 08:37 PM
and you understand arabic? Just teasing you. Yes it indeed rocks. This album has so many variety that you will fall for this album for one or the other track. Few fall for kalbali and few fall for bhangra and few fall for roobaroo (this song bring me DCH mood) and some fall for Lataji's song. Its hard for someone to not like any of this album, even if they hate ARR. This is so different from rest of ARR albums. I just hope they make good use of it in the movie.

Woooooow Njv I really Apprieciate , r u a fan of Ir and give Good Command About ARR Music, Thx very much Njv , we must be like that NJV , we all are like arr and normly from my view no one tell anything bad about IR if they r good ARR fan, now IR fans too Become Like That, I really Like Ur command :)
Live ARR and IR , Live Indian Music :)

and i will uploads today IR concert and i will give here for Download

Scale
13th December 2005, 09:05 PM

The above highlighted parts irritated me like anything. Absurd. This shows that he is biased & helpless.

Otherwise I knew njv (Ir camp) who has been a fav of ARR & he knew me as well.

muzammil thanks for your co-operation by providing only the trail version of RDB songs this time. Hope you understands

Scale
13th December 2005, 10:08 PM
Some more blogger's review

http://minorscale.net/index.php/archives/2005/12/12/rahmans-rang-de-basanti/

http://tonu.blogspot.com/2005/12/rang-de-basanti.html

http://www.krtkn.com/2005/12/12/basanti-give-me-colour/

njv
13th December 2005, 10:22 PM
Woooooow Njv I really Apprieciate , r u a fan of Ir and give Good Command About ARR Music, Thx very much Njv , we must be like that NJV

I used to be one of those blind HC IR fan and used to bash ARR as well, but the mere presense of ARR during TIS function changed me. If ARR can appreciate IR why not normal person/fans like me appreciate other music. From them on, I have been posting my reviews in ARR forum.

Regarding scale's highlighted stuff, that really doesnt mean that I tried to piss of ARR fans. I saw Valli in SunTV recently and didnt hear nice guitar piece ina while and the minute I heard the song from RDB, I remembered valli and thats what I meant. Just for a 30 second guitar string ARR doesnt have to copy IR. Also, to my ears anythign in guitar may also sound the same, because I am not a music literate. Same thing with the reference to TIS and my reference to the arabic song. No real intentions here. If Scale took it that way, I am sorry scale.

and i will uploads today IR concert and i will give here for Download
Thanks. Give me the link. I have a dedicated hard disk in my home that has everything available abt IR (songs, speaches, BGM, articles etc) - so I will add to my collection.

Long live music - long live illayarahman

Scale
13th December 2005, 10:34 PM
Njv,

Very nice of you. Dont take anything serious. Afterall we are just sharing our opinions.

Quote\
Long live music - long live raja & rahman

vingem
14th December 2005, 12:33 AM
Does any one have lyrics for the Paathshala(Be-a-rebel) song ?
i'm keen on knowing the word that the keep repeating throught the song. to me it sounds something like 'Ten hut..
can anyone tell me if that's right ? if not what those words are ?

stone cold
14th December 2005, 03:09 PM
[tscii:47899e0a49]Colour coordinated

Adman and lyricist Prasoon Joshi in an exclusive listening session of AR Rahman’s just-released score of Rang De Basanti

Lalitha Suhasini

Lucknow, December 11: The face of McCann Erickson, India, says he is completely in awe of AR Rahman. ‘‘Rahman doesn’t really speak Hindi but he understands the sound of words. Sometimes we don’t say a word but know exactly what we want from each other,’’ says the lyricist. Rakyesh Mehra’s Rang De Basanti is his first project with the south Indian composer.

As he slides his copy of the earliest recorded CDs of the soundtrack into the player, the head rush is palpable. The title track sung by bhangra hellraiser Daler Mehndi, screams UK Asian underground, which ironically is no longer underground and is more the flavour of the London club scene all-year-round. ‘‘I initially wanted to call the song Recipe but was told that it’s too esoteric a title,’’ says Joshi, ‘‘The song describes the method to prepare basanti ka rang.’’ Thodi si dhool...thodi si khushboo, read the lyrics. As Chitra joins in Daler, you know this one is undeniably a hit.

Can’t say the same of Paatshaala—a campus-friendly number. The sound is a Fanaah hangover from Yuva, though Joshi’s Hinglish wordplay is fresh—‘Chehron ki kitabe hain...mobile library.’

In spite of Kisna’s title track, Rahman’s been taking quite a few knocks from Bollywood. But there’s more than one song in this album that will ensure it goes places. Take Rubaroo sung by Naresh Iyer, his new find from Super Singers. The acoustic guitar-heavy, happy song should easily hit No 1 and stay there for a while. We have never heard one like this from Rahman before.

Next on, there’s a duet by Iyer again with Madhushree. The subdued violins work well, and Iyer just might turn out to be the most sought after voice for ghazals and romantic numbers. A south Indian Mumbai-bred teenager, there’s thankfully no trace of the Tamilian accent in Iyer’s rendition.

Rahman gets behind the mike for Khalbali, a Bedouin frenzy of percussion instruments, including the chenda, the classical drum that accompanies a Kathakali performance. ‘‘I had to come up with a word that sounded Arabic enough and yet portrayed the turbulence in the song,’’ says Joshi of the funky, techno number.

And there’s the much-talked about Lata-Rahman duet. It’s a fairly long score running into seven minutes, and Lata sounds remarkably light. Rahman has also understood her form well—there are no lines that stretch or strain her voice to an unbearable length and pitch. ‘‘It’s set at the time of a son’s funeral, and his mother is reminiscing of old times,’’ reveals Joshi, who draws a parallel between the soul and a soaring kite in this one. But the song is far from a dirge. When the tabla and flute accompany the vocals, it might as well be a lullaby.

Surprise, surprise. Joshi who’s worked with Indi band Silk Route in the past (on the album Pehchaan) has roped in vocalist Mohit Chauhan in the eerie, minimalistic Khoon Chala. This is a track that is tailor-made for Lucky Ali, we tell him, but Joshi feels otherwise.

One of the biggest challenges, sums up Joshi, has been reinventing Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, originally written by Ram Prasad Bismil, in Lalkaar. ‘‘It would be foolish to even attempt writing better than a revolutionary poet. But I can say I’ve done justice to it,’’ he says. The album is a riot of sounds, and a must add to your Rahman collection.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=161061

[/tscii:47899e0a49]

Pavan
15th December 2005, 10:02 PM
well...all songs just rock...

here is my own review of the album,hope u guys like it..

1. Rang De Basanti

Yes...Its our Daler Mehndi who starts this album with the title track"Rang De Basanti".Accopanied by chitra,this song has very youthfull look in to it.Daler rocks in this song,sungs perfectly.This song has a superb tune
9/10

2. Lukka-Chuppi

Well...when we have 2 legends of indian music Rahman and Lataji,the expectaions are not sky high but reach space too..lol..Wat a fantastic song,my fav song from this album.Wow..wat an song..Good lyrics and excellet tune at the start of this song gives it a good begining.

From deep within my heart..i wud like to say that this song is completly superb.When i hear this song,i miss my mom,feeling like going and lie down on my mom lap and say mom u r the best.such a type of song..Amazingly sung by 2 legends themselves.

No words to Describe this song.Absolute Fantastic...unbeleivable superb song..its just great..

10/10

the saddest part is that...this song..is sung by mother at the time of funeral of a sun...shocking..

3. Tu Bin Bataye

Another great melody from arr and this time madushree makes full justic to song.Excellent humming tune,the song picks up as it proceeds.Rahman Stamp all over this song.

8/10

4. Paathashala

Expect this song to be an absolute chartopper because this one is for the college going crowd!...superb
Great Electric guitar work with great beat and rhythm coupled with catchy lyrics by Prasoon Joshi make this song a definite youth puller......another chartopper

9/10

5. Paathashala(be a Rebel)

Sung by blaaze,it has a same tune like its hindi version,but with diffrent lyrics and style.Blaze blazes us thru this song.very very youthfull song.Excellent foot tapping music by rahman

9/10

6. Roobaroo

Youthfull song,has an hangover of previous rahman songs especially from Yuva.But once u hear rahman singing it takes u in to new dimension.a very good song and another potential chart topper.

8/10

7. Khalbali

One word to Describe this song---STUNNER.Absoulye STUNNER type of song.
wow..something diffrent and never before seen ar rahman composition.this song is sure to rock charts.Arabic lyrics accompanied by some super singing by rahman himself.This song is very fresh and rahman by singing himself has ensured that its a sureshot mega hit song

10/10

8. Lalkaar

Well this song may come in as an disappointment for all.Since news has gone around that Aamir has sung a song ,every1 expected it to be a good jolly type of song.but sorry this is not like that.Its not a song actually,a narrative like type,but has some strong music behind the vocals.This song is very inspirational and situational.This song might play an important role in the movie

7/10

9. Khoon Chala

This is a superb song sung by some new comer,very humming,like a farewell song,has rahman class allover.Superb song

8/10

10. Ik Onkar -

Nice,Sweet short devotional number.very nice rthythmic.

9/10

Finally to conclude this album is an absolute classic by Rahman

Def..will soon come in to one of my fav rahman albums...thats it..

thanks for reading this..to all..hope u liked it.

coucou
17th December 2005, 10:38 PM
wowwwwwwww patshaala jouthful music, instruments used are well choosed. i want arr do the same type of song in tamil. the pb that i don't inderstand lyrics. :cry:
naresh iyer and arr rock in this album!!!!

Scale
19th December 2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome pavan to the hub :clap: Nice avatar.

Some more blogger's review,

http://prasad.wordpress.com/2005/12/11/rang-de-basanti/

http://somethingnew2.blogspot.com/2005/12/rang-de-basanti.html

http://quatrainman.blogspot.com/2005/12/thoughts-on-music-of-rang-de-basanti.html

http://shas3n.blogspot.com/2005/12/rang-de-basanti-music-review.html

http://twin-gemini.blogspot.com/2005/12/music-review-rang-de-basanti.html

Pavan
19th December 2005, 01:05 PM
thanks scale..

and thanks for those blog reports..thanks again

Scale
19th December 2005, 08:12 PM
http://www.bollyvista.com/article/a/31/5973//5

Rating: 8/10

vijayr
19th December 2005, 08:57 PM
Liked Luka Chuppi and Roobaroo after a couple of listens. Will have to check out the other songs again to see if there is a winner anywhere. Roobaroo is minimalistic in approach. With just the guitar strumming and the soft vice of Naresh Iyer to go with it I was reminded of some of the Simon&Garfunkel songs, as far as the feel is concerned(western country'ish at times).
Wish Rahman worked in better scripts with actors of Aamir khan's calibre down south. His HFM output in recent years has been in a different league.

Mujhpe Toofan from Tehzeeb has become a permanent fixture in my car during long drives, sort of an instant classic.

ansa400
19th December 2005, 10:29 PM
http://www.bollyvista.com/article/a/31/5973//5

Rating: 8/10
In a way 'Tu Bin Bataye' is somewhat reminiscent of M. M. Kreem's 'Jadoo Hai Nasha Hai' ('Jism'). However, this song is not a patch on Kreem's composition, even with the addition of Rahman's crescendo (it does manage to salvage it somewhat).

:shock: Dunno what made the reviewer think like this :?: :huh: As if ARR was having in mind 'Jadoo Hai Nasha Hai' while composing 'Tu Bin Bataye' :!: :!:

Scale
21st December 2005, 11:20 AM
[tscii:3a647577fb]RDB Trailors
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/trailer/8017.html

another bloggers review,
http://o3.indiatimes.com/immortal/archive/2005/12/17/381415.aspx

I really loved those comments part. :clap:

WHAT IS THE FILM ALL ABOUT?
A British filmmaker Sue comes to India to make a film on freedom fighters when she stumbles into a DJ (Aamir Khan). Although he passed out of college five years ago he continues to be a part of the University because he feels the outside world doesn't have much to offer him. The other characters are Karan (Siddharth) – the son of industrialist Rajnath Singhania who shares an uncomfortable relationship with his father, but continues to live off him grudgingly. Aslam (Kunal Kapoor) is the middle-class Muslim boy who lives in the bylanes near Jama Masjid and is the poet, philosopher and guide to his friends. Sukhi (Sharman Joshi), the group's baby is innocent and has a weakness for girls. Laxman Pandey (Atul Kulkarni), the fundamentalist in the group is the only one who believes that politics can be used as a tool to better the world. Finally Sonia (Soha Ali Khan); the sole girl in the group is a tomboy and is engaged to Ajay (Madhavan); the dashing air pilot. The film takes you though the transformation in the mindsets of this group of friends - where Sue's film makes DJ and his friends recognise and celebrate the courage and spirit of these freedon fighters. The film is a narrative on the changing perspective and values of this group while they shoot for the film.[/b][/tscii:3a647577fb]

lancelot
21st December 2005, 11:36 AM
from where do u get all this info about ARR Scale?????

hehe

Scale
21st December 2005, 11:54 AM
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/

More than +8000 Members,

Message History

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2005 655 788 1071 716 713 548 1320 827 845 1096 1014 1160
2004 903 763 1154 544 470 337 401 469 710 576 551 1040
2003 658 766 573 669 612 816 732 586 515 768 750 934
2002 1219 716 452 618 646 587 524 641 573 1086 729 586
2001 865 598 1039 1167 1184 592 556 711 534 671 896 736
2000 711 830 900 718 441 513 619 894 664 732 382 471
1999 257 368 393 270 179 500 413 473 673 552 1149 767

ansa400
22nd December 2005, 01:30 PM
http://www.celemony.com/cms/?id=317

Chk out the above link, ARR says abt the use of Melodyne in RDB & much more.

Can anyone throw light on what exactly "Melodyne" is, as I'm not a musical genius.

inetk
22nd December 2005, 03:31 PM
More on Melodyne!

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=m3_info0

jabarullah
24th December 2005, 09:32 AM
haiyooo... everybody say that kalbali song is great, awsome, buttttttttttttt..........

why i HATEEEE this songggggggggggg....

i cannot hear this song.. always skip this song in my car cd player.. feels like a very very very noisy,uncomfortable to my ear..

other songs are greatttt.. valga ARR

ansa400
24th December 2005, 10:13 AM
Hey, its a very nice song. I too had the same feeling when I heard for the first few times, but after 5-6 listenings it became one of my fav. of the album. So, go ahead & listen ,u will like the song for sure.

ansa400
24th December 2005, 10:15 AM
BTW, Rang de basanti's official website is out.
Chk it out at http://www.rangdebasanti.net/
Its cool.........

Music4Ever
26th December 2005, 10:05 PM
"Thanks. The Lata song is melody I completely agree but I just didnt like Latajis' voice. No offence to Lataji, I am still a big fan of her and listen to all her old gems, but just this one I didnt like. Just my ears. "

The Lukka chuppi number is easily the BEST one in the RDB album. It is very impressive and takes me to a different world every time I listen to it. At places it reminds ARR's own "undhan desathin kural tholai dhoorathil ulladho" from Desam (Swades song Yeh hai desh mera). It is clear ARR holds Lata in high regard, inviting her to sing the best number IMO in the album. Although Lata is past her prime, the inherent melody in the number takes the song to great heights. Hats off ARR. This one is for the ages, at least as far as I am concerned.

The robaroo song, on the other hand, is reminicent of IR at his zenith, where the chorus goes pop pop pop... Still it is an entirely ARR-ish number and the support for it is overwhelming (From the limited number of people I have talked to, of course). Everyone who has listened to RDB rave about Rang De Basanti, Paathshaala, and Roobaroo. These are catchy songs which stick to the listener immediately, I guess.

Scale
31st December 2005, 03:38 PM
An Excellent Review,

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Rang_De_Basanti_Album-89827-1.html

& Comments section

http://www.mouthshut.com/readcomment.php?rid=89827&com=0&r=1

thumburu
31st December 2005, 04:58 PM
The Lukka chuppi song has a strong dejavu feel to it.

MADDY
3rd January 2006, 05:13 AM
hey guys very busy with my shifting to B'Lore......but got to listen to "roobaroo" , "Paathshala" and "Luka chuppi" and they are great.....roobaroo and paathshaala reminds me of Kadhalan days' ARR....hope it is a big hit....

lancelot
5th January 2006, 02:12 AM
[tscii:774885948c]This is my review.

First I want to tell you that I am no pro in music. I just know a bit. I think I know enough to know good music from bad.

Rang De Basanthi!!!!!!

Here goes…. In order of my winamp play list

1) Ik Onkar - Harshdeep Kaur
To me this song is just a warm up for what lay ahead. It just has a little music and a very melodious voice of Harshdeep Kaur. Can’t wait till it finishes to move on to the next.
***7/10***

2) Khalbali - A.R.Rahman, Aslam & Nacim
Ok. Now am in the second song. I am not a fan of Arabic music. But this song has a lot in it. It starts with the classic voice of ARR. And then has a touch of some western music also. Some good music. Think this is an experiment that has come good. I love the part where he goes Sidhdee Sidhdee. That part is the highlight of the song to me. Only bad thing to me in this song is…. I think the word “Khalbali” has been used too much.
***7/10***

3) Khoon Chala - Mohit Chauhan
Normally you have to listen to ARRs songs a few times to start liking it. But this song is just my type. I love this guy’s voice. It has a very deep feeling to it. I like the part where the drums start doing a bit of a fast thing and he goes “Khoon Chalaaaaa” several times. I loved the song. I would have liked the song more if it was a bit longe.
***9/10***

4) Lalkaar - Aamir Khan & Chorus
I had a lot of expectations for this song. Because Aamir Khan is singing it. If not for the requirements of the movie I don’t think ARR would have done this song. But still this song makes me go “Sarfaroshi geetha manna ab hamaari dill me he” (something like that) in a very deep voice. Hehe. The only song in the album I skip.
***5/10***

5) Luka Chuppi - Lata Mangeshkar & A.R.Rahman
This song is one of the best songs I’ve herd in a long time. Of course as most of ARRs classics, this song has to be herd a few times before you’d like it. But trust me, this song will make you lay on your bed close your eyes and hum it all the way to the end. I just love the song. I am a big fan of ARRs voice, in this song ARR and LM make justice to the fame and the name they have as singers. ARR could have not picked a better song to sing with LM for the first time. Both of them are excellent. I always love it when ARR does the SaReGaMa thing (like in Fanaa in Yuva) as in the end of this song. To me the end of the song is the best, it brings tears to my eyes. I just love this song. Cant really ask for anything more
***10/10***

6) Paathshala - Naresh Iyer & Mohamed Aslam
Let me start by saying, “Naresh Iyer ROCKS” one hell of a song. Brilliant music. Too bad I don’t understand the lyrics. Else I may enjoy it even more. Sounds like a fun song. I always scream out the words ONE MORE TIME. Nice stuff
***8/10***

7) Paathshala (Be a Rebel) - Blazee, Aslam & Naresh Iyer
If you think Paathshala is good you are up for a surprise in this one. I love Blazee, especially after Boys, its Hip-Hop ARR Hindi style. Hehe. Good song.
Both Paathshala and Be a Rebel should attract the younger listeners.
***8/10***

8) Rang De Basanti - Daler Mehendi
Title song. When I saw the trailer I didn’t like it. But then when I listened to the song I loved it. For all the people who like “Dappankuthu songs” this is Dappankuthu with the class and brilliance of ARR. This guy’s voice also suits the song to a T.
***9/10***

9) Roobaroo - A R Rahman & Naresh Iyer
What can I say? My second favorite song of the album. Brilliant stuff. I think I like the song mostly because of ARRs an NIs voice. Very nice. I just love the part where ARR goes Roobaroooooooooooooo roshneeeeeee (something like that). An amazing song. My dad just started giving me the car to take out on my own. This is the only song that is played in the CD player in the car. What a time for ARR to give a brilliant album.
This song starts with the word “Sala”. Doesn’t the word mean mad? I am not sure, can someone tell me what it really means. I would love to know
***10/10***

10) Thu Bin Batha – Madhushree & Naresh Iyer
WOW!!! What a song. One of the best melodies of late. Did I say Naresh Iyer rocks? Then Madhushree is as good, she has started where she stopped in Hum Hay Issy Pal (Kisna). What a combination for an amazing and scintillating song. The instruments used are superb. If you really listen hard you will be able to find a lot of small sounds in the song that makes it even better, this song goes in to my All Time favorite list.
***10/10***

All I all 8.3/10 lets just say 8.5 can you ask for anything better? I don’t think so.

Hope I made sense to the reader. I also hope this review helped you in some way.
Give your comments

hehe
:D[/tscii:774885948c]

Scale
5th January 2006, 12:39 PM
Lancy, Good One. :thumbsup:

Aiy Salah! means Machan! here (among friends). Salah also means culprit.. (Am I right here?)

Ok here its mine in short (highlights)...

a. RDB, Kalbali, Roobaro : Best choice of singers, Catchy dingu dingu, Interludes, string arrangements, heavy percussions, guitars strumming, backup vocals. Best experimented tracks. Everytime i am hearing something (final touches) new in these tracks.

b. Paatshala (rebel & be a rebel) : Both the versions highlight is lyrics & set hoi oh hoi in hip hop &
nah koi padne wala naah koi seekne walah
apni to paatshala masti ki paatshala (sure to rock).

c. Ik Onkar,Lakkar & Khoon: Situational tracks . Thks to Harshdeep & Mohit for the Vocals. That humming mm.hooo and orchestra(replaced) in Khoon chala is really soothing. I love these soulful tracks! SARFAROSHI KI TAMANNA AB HUMARA DIL MEIN HAIN.

d. TBBataye, Lukka Cuppi: Romantic, Melodious & Powerful Vocals. Bful intro for NI follwed by Sax (interlude), ARR & LM Classical alaaps...

My fav is RDB title track, TBBataye & Robaarooo....
An effort from the team (ARR & Aamir) for a commercial break..... Sure!!!

Scale
21st January 2006, 02:14 PM
The Making of the Movie : Rang De Basanthi

Basanthi means Yellow means SACRIFICE....

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/broadband/12493/index.html

dinesh2002
25th January 2006, 06:11 PM
BOLLYWOOD CHARTBUSTERS (TOP 10)
(Compiled on the basis of all-India audio sales and popularity)

No. Song Name Movie Name
1. Rang De Basanti Rang De Basanti (Sony)
2. Right Here Right Now Bluff Master (Sa Re Ga Ma)
3. Yeh Dosti Dosti (Shree Krishna Audio)
4. Maar suteya Deewane Huye Paagal (T-Series)
5. Chori Chori Garam Masala (Venus)
6. Aashiq Banaya Aapne (Remix) Aashiq Banaya Aapne (T-Series)
7. Chhore Ki Baatein Fight Club (T-Series)
8. Katra Katra Family (T-Series)
9. Zinda Hoon Zinda (T-Series)
10. Khwahishon Se Holiday (HMV - Saregama)

http://www.bollyvista.com/realaudio/top10.php

lancelot
26th January 2006, 08:36 AM
is the film out today?????

hehe

lancelot
26th January 2006, 07:31 PM
Touch-and-go for 'Rang De Basanti' in Delhi
Subhash K. Jha, IANS [Wednesday, January 25, 2006]

Aamir Khan-starrer "Rang De Basanti" ran into a last-minute crisis with a Delhi distributor threatening to pull out just days before the film's release Thursday.

Trying hard to cope with all the final preparations for release, the tense director Rakeysh Mehra rushed to Delhi.

"It was nothing but a distributor trying to twist our arms for a last-minute discount. This is being done quite often in quite a few territories these days," Mehra told IANS.

"Distributors agree to a price and then back out at the final hour hoping they can get the price reduced. I was adamant. I told the Delhi distributor to leave the film if he wanted. He finally came back to the price we had agreed on."

The box office prospects of "Rang De Basanti" are looking really bright. Mumbai distributor Anil Thadani who had earlier bought 90 prints of the film has asked for added prints at the last minute.

hehe

balaji
26th January 2006, 07:52 PM
Taran Adarsh has given 2.5/5
Says Music is ordinary

Well this know it all guy is irritating most of the times (He thumbs up for all Yash Chopraish movies), he seems to have a fair sense of how box-office works.

Says the movie is elite and not for the masses

ansa400
26th January 2006, 08:49 PM
This guy (Taran Adarsh) sucks big time!!!!!!!!!! His review is purely from BO point of view. I still remember his review for DCH which was similar and needless to mention how big a hit that movie was.
Only 2 songs are picturised in the movie completely, the rest comes in bits & pieces and how can u expect the songs to have an impact on 1st time listening audiences? Having said that the BGMs are really coooooool and the songs really gel with the movie quite well. :thumbsup:

sloshed
26th January 2006, 08:56 PM
I think RDB will be flop atleast going by the reviews in other websites as well. ARR is in a bit of bother here... none of his movies have bit the bull's eye recently. I think he should come back and score for vijay's movies for a while.
I thought ARR did a good job in RDB but alas. Even this one is going to be erased from public memory. All that matters is box-office.. speaking of which I think its more difficult making a film in hindi. They have no clue what will click .. Atleast in tamil we know whatver vijay..ajith... rajni .. kamal chalk up will be a hit or even more.... If NO-ENTRY was the years biggest hit then I think filmmakers there are sure to miss something.

Anywayz.. still waiting for Shivaji... but My gut feeling.. VV will be more rocking than Shivaji... trailer is suberb .. lets wait.. for the full package...

vijayr
26th January 2006, 09:53 PM
positive review from rediff, both the film and the music
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/jan/26rdb.htm

If the review is anything to go by it looks like another Swades-kind of film if not better, but whether it would be a BO hit remains to be seen.

Nerd
27th January 2006, 03:04 AM
http://www.apunkachoice.com/movies/mov355/rang_de_basanti-review.html

A must watch 8-)

lancelot
27th January 2006, 06:15 PM
[tscii:2c26dd0b8a]Rang De Basanti
Cast Alice Patten, Soha Ali Khan Pataudi, Aamir Khan, Sidharth, Atul Kulkarni, Sharman Joshi, Kunal Kapoor, R. Madhavan, Om Puri, Anupam Kher, Kiron Kher etc.,

Producer Ronnie Screwvala for UTV
Music A.R. Rahman
Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
Photography Binod Pradhan
Story Kamlesh Pandey
Lyrics/ Dialogue Prasoon Joshi

Review
It’s young, it’s restless, it’s inspiring, it’s funny, it’s hip, it’s colourful, it’s realistic, it’s dramatic… it’s a MUST-WATCH!

Yes, Rang De Basanti is a beautiful blend of a gamut of emotions and stories and inspiration. It’s a story of the re-awakening of youth today; of how a group of young men with not a care in the world learnt from the life of 4 dynamic Indian revolutionaries during the British Raj – Bhagath Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad, Ashfakulla and Ramprasad Bismil.

Let’s look at who’s who:

Sue (Alice Patten) is a seeker – of truth, courage, values and everything important that is now lost in this world today. She finds and reads through the personal diary of her grandfather who was a British soldier in India during the Raj, a correct, stern officer torn between duty and conscience. He records his experiences and thoughts on the revolutionaries – admiring them, respecting them, yet unable to speak out because of duty. Sue then decides to come to India and make a film on these freedom fighters. Earnest, dogged, determined (she even takes Hindi language classes); she arrives in Delhi, is swept away by her friend Sonia and HER friends. In her weeks and months, she discovers friends, friendships, insights into the minds of great Indian freedom fighters and true love.

Sonia (Soha Ali Khan Pataudi) is the group’s pet. Smart, optimistic, righteous – she is probably the only focussed person among the entire bunch of pranksters she’s friends with. A student of the International Studies, she helps her friend Sue find the right actors for her documentary.

DJ (Aamir Khan) is Diljeet. And he’s exactly like his name suggests – always devil-may-care, always out for a good time, sweet, charming, hilarious and not a single focus in life. Other than having a good time with his friends. As he tries to help Sue out (while losing his heart to her) by playing the part of Chandrashekhar Azad, something changes in him and he is a new man with a mission.

Karan Singhania (Sidharth) is a troubled young man from a mega-rich family. He has lost something precious in his life, including the zest to live among the colours of India. He is dispassionate yet disgusted with the India of today and can’t wait to finish college and leave for the U.S. As he learns more about the Indian Freedom Revolution, it’s as if the spirit of Bhagat Singh himself (whose character he plays) awakens him and he sets out to do right by his motherland.

Sukhi (Sharman Joshi) is a sweetheart. He’s a baby; he’s hilarious, doomed to single-status and devoted to DJ. A Jat from Haryana, complete with the accent and the reluctance to speak in English, he’s a breath of fresh air in the entire group – and playing a serious character for Sue’s movie brings out the intensity of the real comrade in him.

Aslam (Kunal Kapoor) is tall, dark, handsome and a poet at heart. He’s part of an Orthodox Muslim family struggling to maintain its identity and goodness in a world that’s filled with prejudice today. Trying to fit into a society which the members are sure they are not really accepted. But Aslam wants no part of all this – he is beyond religious boundaries. It’s his friends and time with them that’s important. So much so, that he finds his own family atmosphere suffocating and his friends his closest family. Playing the role of Ashfakulla opens his ears to the reverberant poetry that lifted the will and spirit of the revolutionaries in the pre-Independence era.

Lakshman Pandey (Atul Kulkarni) is a radical Hindu activist who wants to wipe out anything NOT Swadeshi – western “dhichk dhichk” music, the wantonness of youth today and Muslims. The strength of his beliefs brings to Sue’s mind Ramprasad Bismil, who, along with Ashfakulla, was pivotal in Bhagat Singh’s endeavours. Being the group of friends, living their lives and watching people he believed in let him down opens his eyes to his follies; like his prejudice and hatred of Aslam. He realises, from the way he starts to feel about Aslam, how Bismil felt about Ashfakulla.

Flt. Lt. Ajay Rathod (Madhavan) – well, the cast list shows a “guest appearance”, but this particular “guest” was perhaps one of the most important characters in the film. Ajay is everything good, kind, right, courageous and patriotic. Lover and fiancé to Sonia, he is a firm believer in the goodness that is within India and how it is OUR responsibility to do something about the ills of this country. In fact, one can even say that without Ajay, the “awakening” of the others would never have happened.

This movie is a perfect mix of Indian dramatism and western realism. Picturisation is slick and the dialogues beautifully meshed and delivered. One would think Aamir would have hogged the limelight. No way. The amazing thing about this movie was that each and every character was so strong, one could not have done without the other. Aamir is, as usual, perfect in his delivery and emoting. A.R. Rahman’s music is simply wonderful – his signature is the beautiful harmony of a myriad voices and instruments.

And you come out of the theatre wondering if you should still be laughing at the jokes, or crying, or feel patriotic…

Comments : A SUPERB EXPERIENCE – GO SEE IT!

hehe
:D[/tscii:2c26dd0b8a]

lancelot
27th January 2006, 06:20 PM
[tscii:491886aa65]Madhavan rocks in RDB

As the cast list scrolled by when Rang De Basanti started playing, one could see Madhavan’s name under “Guest Appearance”. It WAS a guest appearance, but what a powerful appearance it was. Our Maddy has a great role in RDB, a movie that has been much hyped and much-awaited; and he rocks in it! His character is pivotal to everyone else’s in the movie – this sure must be a huge feather in his cap. Check out the review of the movie on Galatta.com.

hehe
:D[/tscii:491886aa65]

lancelot
27th January 2006, 06:30 PM
[tscii:519077a54d] Rang De Basanti - Wake up India, Rang De Basanti is here!
Aanjo P C, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 26, 2006]

A thought-provoking, soul-stirring wake up call to the youth of India. An engrossing entertainer from a genre that’s still young in Indian cinema. A film that fiercely eyeballs you, grabs you by the solar and rattles the nonchalance out of you. A glorious tapestry with layers upon layers of the moments and decisions that make the lives of beautifully defined characters. Engrossing entertainment meets taut social comment with perfect timing in Rang De Basanti. Wake up India, Rang De Basanti is here!

The film revolves around a group of five friends played by Aamir Khan, Soha Ali, Kunal Kapoor, Siddharth and Sharman Joshi, who go through an entire roller coaster ride of changes. The changes aren’t the ones youngsters usually encounter - these are changes that are very concrete and change their lives completely. The central character or sutradhar of the film is Sue McKinley (English actor Alice in a wonderful portrayal) who is a young documentary filmmaker who comes to India armed with her grandfather’s diary and a mission to make a documentary film based on the freedom fighters of India. This diary has the personal experiences her grandfather encountered while dealing with Indian revolutionaries like Bhagat Singh. It also tells her about the lessons he learnt about life and living.

Sue comes to India after quitting her job in London. Her friend Sonia (Soha Ali Khan) welcomes her and makes all the arrangements for her to shoot the documentary. After scores of fruitless auditions, she is desperate to find the actors for her documentary on the freedom fighters. And suddenly, she realizes that she need never have looked any father than her friend Sonia’s gang of Aslam (Kunal Kapoor), Karan (Telugu movies’ superstar Siddharth), Diljeet or DJ (Aamir Khan) and Sukhi (Sharman Joshi). Aslam is a mast maula poet and is very secular in his outlook, and hence very different from his parents and family. Karan is the not-so-spoilt son of a rich businessman (Anupam Kher) who deals in MIG aircraft parts.

DJ is an amazingly lively character full of energy and enthusiasm. He is the only son of dhaba owner Mitro (Kirron Kher). Beneath his enthusiasm lies a fear of not making it big in the world outside his college campus. Sukhi is another heart-on-sleeves character. He is also DJ’s soul mate. Laxman Pandey (brilliantly played by Atul Kulkarni) is a political party worker who is a firm believer of his party’s principles which, however, he later realizes are all fake. He is the kind who considers all Muslims as traitors and Pakistanis as people who have only hatred for India.

In the first half, the film develops these characters and precisely tells the audience how close they unconsciously are to their characters in the documentary. The first half is rocking and bombards the audience with comedy, a pinch of romance and good foot tapping numbers (AR Rahman) with lyrics (Prasoon Joshi) that acquire even more beauty when seen in the film.

In the second half, suddenly, the carefree lives and attitudes of DJ’s gang changes due to a huge twist. Ajay (Madhavan) who is an Air force pilot, a good son, a patriotic Indian and Sonia’s fiancee, and also the ideal of DJ and his gang, is killed in a plane crash. This incident rattles the happy-go-lucky friends who so far had been resigned to Fate and the fact that corruption is far too deep-rooted in India to be eradicated. But the loss of Ajay jolts them and they decide to take things in hand, realizing that if they are to make a difference and make the youth of India wake up to reality, they will have to take up the challenge.

The transition, the speed at which the film moves, and all the sequences fall in place very well without boring the audience for a single minute. You literally watch the film from the edge of your seat, waiting to see what happens next. However, it does have a utopian ending, though with a welcome positive feel to it.

The film has an intricate screenplay that unfolds layer by layer, and grows upon you with moments that slowly and imperceptibly weave themselves into a fine, taut tapestry. And the tight editing, excellent cinematography, dialogues and performances achieve a high degree of class. All parts of a sum total that equals excellent direction. The film has a north Indian feel to it which comes through effectively in the form of dialogues and scenes shot in and around the capital.

The film comes off really well and is the kind you take home after you’ve walked out of the cinema hall. Binod Pradhan’s cinematography is first rate. And not one of the songs is out of place. Their presence is quite with the film and they give the feel of the youth. The director has been just to all the characters. Nobody steals the frame from the others. Here, the screenplay is king - each character receives its due weightage and prominence, and very sensibly so. Aamir Khan is at his brilliant best, as always, and Kunal Kapoor’s restrained intensity is a revelation. Soha should be delighted she finally has a role to sing about, and Telugu movies’ hotshot star Siddharth, who had 2004 biggest Telugu hit to his name, was absolutely first rate, as was the simmering performance from Atul Kulkarni. A breath of fresh air amongst female performances in a month of Sundays has been that of Alice, who plays Sue. Kirron Kher as Mitro and Madhavan as the sort of son every mother dreams of, were memorable. As, indeed, is the music. Above average on the album, but so very apt and beautifully evocative in the film!

But the real hero of Rang De Basanti is its director - Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. Kudos!

A pure delight, Rang De Basanti is a cult film - the sort that comes along in a long time, and will raise the bar for everyone.

Rating: ****

hehe
:D[/tscii:519077a54d]

vijayr
28th January 2006, 03:28 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/20019.html

good news

lancelot
28th January 2006, 05:48 AM
[tscii:2e8ba4aa41]www.imdb.com - User Comments

Paint It Yellow…. Oops….that's suppose to be Rang De Basanti….. Well that's exactly the director tries to convey. Its about today, us and our present, yet the similarities we have from the Pre-independence era. The Gen-x who knows Mac-D but still prefers the Dhaba Paranthas with sweet Lassi. However they restrict their national values only to food and nothing more. Its not a run of the mill stuff with 6 six romantic songs, couple of foreign locales and then finally some emotional drama….. No no no….. Rang De…is a Cult movie. It is more of an introspection, a food our thought process. It makes us think, as to how should we actually celebrate our freedom. I was really moved by some of the ending lines by the narrator, "I thought there are 2 types of people in the world, one who die crying and other who move away in silence but today I learned there is third genre, people who go laughing". That says it all…

Rang De… is definitely a very brave and innovative attempt by the director and for that matter he has selected a near perfect cast. However veterans like Om Puri and Anupam Kher looked disposed. All the characters grow gradually in the film and make you think their way. Everyone is given enough space to justify their talent. Rakesh Omprakash Mehra is a director of the new emerging Indian cinema, he always tries to bring in something very different. I was really impressed by his last attempt in 2001 for Aks (Amitabh Bachchan and Manoj Bajpai ), and he definitely has succeeded in making another fabulous master piece. The highlight of the movie is the great use of cinematography techniques. Its probably for the first time in Indian cinema that juxtaposing has been used with such a great effect. The way each character gradually immerses into scenes from the past leaves you fantasizing about the hard work that has gone in the background to create this, both technically and on the part of the actor.

The movie starts on a very high spirit reflecting today's youth mindset who believe that patriotism is something that looks good in history chapters and today's world is far ahead of all that, they would prefer to go boozing and dancing rather than thinking on any of those lines. The way the campus scenes are shown really makes everyone go down the memory lanes of beautiful college days. This is followed by some intriguing drama and events which turns the life of a group of buddies upside-down altogether.

The film grows on you gradually. The director has made sure that there is a clear message in everything he presents, even the group of boys represents different sects of society and religion. Hence creating an appeal for everyone watching it. Music is another high point of the show, its foot tapping and very much with the mood of the subject. The songs give you a sense of freedom from within, a freedom to think in one's own way. A.R. Rehman doesn't need any introductions and he is surely one of the most original music directors we have in the country.

The brilliance of Aamir Khan is something very difficult to narrate, he has proved it umpteen number of times that he is truly the most versatile actor in the industry. His comic timing in the first part is better than anything seen in recent past. He is extremely fluent even with difficult Punjabi tongue twisters and the acting prowess he has shown would be very difficult to match by anyone around. He appears so natural and his complete look with new hairstyle (which is now part of his every new movie) gives a very striking combination.

Well the most wanting part of the whole thing has been the script to certain extent, it appears very loose in the second half and at times gives a droning feel. Few new ideas presented by the author looked half-baked. However it has been the technical expertise of the director who managed to save the things with some outstanding camera work and editing.

Rang De … is for sure a must watch movie, it doesn't have any preaching but still it will force you to think once. As they say it "There are two primary choices in life, to accept conditions as they exist or take upon the responsibility to change them". I believe most of us want to bring about the changes without doing anything, so its time to think again folks and take some responsibility, lets Paint It Yellow …

User Rating: 8.2/10 (94 votes) am sure that will go up
pleaed vote for RDB in http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405508/

hehe
:D[/tscii:2e8ba4aa41]

MADDY
28th January 2006, 11:47 PM
looks like movie is doing well...i'm gonna watch it on 1st feb......ARR is back guys :D

lancelot
30th January 2006, 06:14 AM
imdb User Rating: ********* 8.5/10 (286 votes)
still rising

hehe

Scale
30th January 2006, 10:06 AM
Haven't watched yet. BUSY :evil: :twisted: :evil:!

ARR YG is flooded with + reviews from many bloggers,magazines etc. Seams that ARR is back to his RANGEELA days.

What the heck (from reviews) on song picturisations?
From whom(DIR's) they have learnt that the songs are better to be picturised in BGM's (xcept RDB title track)? 10 tracks from an album with just a single song picturised on whole :huh: This is going to affect very much on a mass appeal.

kumaranmani
30th January 2006, 11:01 AM
I felt the BG music did not make sense at a few places. I was surprised ARR came up with this.

The music was good on its own, whereas it was used properly in the movie. Most songs were badly timed and/or picturised. Poor cinematography.

The story line itself was good. Nice movie if you can ignore my previous negatives.

Scale
30th January 2006, 11:32 AM
RDB's BGM, Whoever watched,yet to watch follow this thread for further updates

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/60927

If any reviewer feels the music is below par, they should be stripped and their bottom spanked. Taran Adarsh :lol: Personal Agendas or what?

http://www.desitrain.com/2006/01/29/rang-de-basanti-color-me-fades/

sloshed
30th January 2006, 10:10 PM
Good times are here again..

watched RDB.. I must say one helluva movie... I wish the second half and the cimax could have been better... i thought the screenpaly will give ManiRatnam a run for his money...

ARR Music... has definitely helped the movie.... although none of the songs complete their ful duration. My only crib is the BGM at certain places.... when Madavan funeral takes place .. they play 'Lukka Chuppi' ... i thought one needed more than that ... also the placement of the songs like 'rooboroo' ... thought placing teh song when the movie ends was appealing.. but not when they played the song when tey are at the radio station which commandos about to hound them...

The movie was too good for the music to stand out... but still ARR has come out trumps... good job ARR.. Way to goo...

vijayr
31st January 2006, 09:03 PM
story behind some of Rang De's songs
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/jan/30rahman.htm

dinesh2002
1st February 2006, 06:30 PM
'Rang De Basanti' audio sales pickup
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, February 01, 2006]

This has happened in the past and this is happening again. So many times it has been seen that audio sales for a movie picks up in a big way after the movie's release, especially if the movie has been appreciated.

Same has happened with A.R.Rehman's 'Rang De Basanti' for which audio is now selling like hot cakes, a week into the movie hitting the marquee. Rehman's music was always situational and the way all 8-9 tracks were blended into the movie's screenplay, it was bound to mesmerize the audience in a big way.

Result is that today music lovers are showing a renewed interest in the film's music due to a wide range of songs in it.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/20152.html

dinesh2002
2nd February 2006, 08:01 PM
[tscii:2f18601e32]Rang De Basanti – Making Tamils proud!!

RDB (Rang De Basanti) has turned out an RDX with pulsating social message served like a hot pizza with desi effect. The cool 'n' hip flick is the clear leader at the box office. Tamils have something to cheer about as four people from down south have come up with stellar performances in the movie.

The one and the only A.R.Rahman. The composer has added more Rang to the film with his cheering music that grows on us over time. Compared to his former damp squib Mangal Pandey, Rang De Basanti is a reinvention of himself on Hindi screens. Give him challenges; he is bound to come up against them. After the great tracks in Swades, RDB is proving to be another diamond in his crown. All 10 songs have been composed with throbbing effervescence and apt voices mostly that of freshers.
[Please note: Taran Adarsh of indiafm.com is the only guy on earth who thinks otherwise about the music of the movie. Maybe he needs a lesson or two on music before he writes reviews.]

Next is our Maddy, playing Flight Lieutenant Ajay Rathod, engaged to Soha enriches the film in his cameo role. Ajay(Maddy) steals the show with his elegant portrayal and makes us weep when he dies in a plane crash. Though his appearance is for a short duration, his role stirs the conscience of the other four and urges them into action.

As for our own Siddharth, his new persona seems to have come of age compared to his rather amateur debut in Boyz. Despite a promising performance in Aytha Ezhuthu, he has found luck in Telugu desam with their brand of blockbusters. But in RDB, he has played Karan admirably well. His performance as Bhagat Singh is flawless

Naresh Iyer is the new Tamil talent churned out from Rahman’s stable. He is from Mumbai and has a fresh and enticing voice. Masti Ki Paathshaala is hep and Tum Bin bataaye is charming. Roobaroo complements Iyer’s voice and Rehman’s music especially the lively guitar in the background into a nice medley. It is sure to be a hit with the party-hopping crowd. Naresh Iyer was hand picked by A.R.Rahman from a V channel competition and brought to Chennai.

Marking a unique place in the realm of Indian cinema, Rang De Basanti has crafted a niche for A.R. Rehman who suffered slender jerk in “Rising”.

Maddy who was urging for a break amply used the pivotal role for a new vista. While Siddharth is busy giving the Mumbai girls a flutter or two. Naresh Iyer has brought freshness and vibrancy.

Keep it up boys!!! You have made us proud.
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-01/02-02-06-rang%20de%20basanti.html[/tscii:2f18601e32]

Scale
4th February 2006, 03:14 PM
hehe....

Apart from the scores and scores of + reviews, Have anyone seen anything like this

[ Most User Requested 10 Songs ] - Hindi :8 songs out of 10 :o Ik Onkar (prayer) & Lalkar (Dialogue) is only left

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/ut/s/17/10/

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sureshmehcnit
13th February 2006, 09:23 AM
RDB songs VCD/DVD are out (http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/02/vcddvd-of-rdb-songs.html)

MADDY
13th February 2006, 05:25 PM
I know it is late in the day for a movie review but if you happen to have time, please go through it

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=372235#372235

thumburu
14th February 2006, 02:16 PM
Hugely disappointing are the songs from RDB with only the Latha-ARR song being the lone saviour. Rest of the songs fall under the techno junk cadre. Even the "tu bin bataaye: seems to be a rehash of some old Hindi number.

alwarpet_andavan
14th February 2006, 02:28 PM
[tscii:6f86f9b848] Compared to his former damp squib Mangal Pandey....[/tscii:6f86f9b848]

Don't understand why ARR is blamed for MP. The music was one of the +ves of the movie IMO.....

lancelot
14th February 2006, 04:23 PM
Hugely disappointing are the songs from RDB with only the Latha-ARR song being the lone saviour. Rest of the songs fall under the techno junk cadre. Even the "tu bin bataaye: seems to be a rehash of some old Hindi number.

:shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll:

hehe

MADDY
14th February 2006, 08:54 PM

so wat do u expect ARR to give for a cool-college movie?- Shankarabharanam??? ARR has seen so many failures fopr giving authentic music like Mangal Pandey & swades....come on guys, music of RDB was really cool and yes it was techno but it had Indian soul to it....btw, is there anything wrong being techno???

Scale
14th February 2006, 10:37 PM
http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=304740&highlight=#304740

The Lukka chuppi song has a strong dejavu feel to it.

Now Lukka Chuppi had become a lone saviour. :rotfl: interesting! :D.
thumburu, Welcome!

Scale
14th February 2006, 10:44 PM
Maddy,

Arent we missing Shankar, Alias & Jacky? :smile:

vijayr
15th February 2006, 02:28 AM
To me, Roobaroo..Roshni was a good attempt in IFM(certainly not techno), with a Simon-Garfunkel like singing(credit Naresh) and throwback 60s rock feel. Also Rahman often tries not to follow the tiresome and predictable pallavi-interlude-charanam-pallavi-interlude-charanam2 format that has been beaten to death in TFM/IFM songs.

Paathshaala and Rang De Basanthi both are peppy numbers that gets you hooked on after a few listens. Again, nothing run-of-the-mill about them.

I think some people are too quick to dismiss any fast numbers and prefer to evaluate an album just by the 1 or 2 slow songs in it.

MADDY
15th February 2006, 09:45 AM
Maddy,

Arent we missing Shankar, Alias & Jacky? :smile:

yaa, where are these guys??? u have any idea where have they gone?

Scale
15th February 2006, 09:48 AM
Dont Know MADDY!. I really miss them a lot. :sad:

thamizhvaanan
15th February 2006, 11:37 AM
To me, Roobaroo..Roshni was a good attempt in IFM(certainly not techno), with a Simon-Garfunkel like singing(credit Naresh) and throwback 60s rock feel.

vijayr, u r rite. Roobaroo song was really nice, in the sense, it doesnt really load ur senses rather relaxes them. it definitely had that 60's feel. nothin much to brag abt, but a really gud song to forget urself and hum along. this certainly was lacking in TFM. our MDs are either in overdrive or 1st gear. this song is like 'cruising'.

thumburu
15th February 2006, 02:15 PM
Scale, I don't deny that. The scale in the Latha song is the over used Shankarabharanam by ARR himself and the tune does sound like heard before types.
But on repeated hearings, I did find the tune pleasant and tabla beats, guitar , the swara recital, fast tempo at the end , single charanam interesting despite the vocals.
That is not the case with the rest of the songs. Worse,pathshaala, rangde, kalbali (perect narabali ) are all over the place
and have already become irritating. I don't find these any greater than the mindless "zinda hoon mein" just because they are from ARR.
"Roobaroo" is ordinary.like any other "Indipop"
I prefer our IFM pallavi/2 identitical charanam format to the too repetitive "kalbali", "pathshaala", "fanaah"
although I would wishfully look for the pallavi/anupallavi/charanam kind

Scale
15th February 2006, 03:20 PM
thumburu,

Have almost read several reviews (unbiased) (100's :roll:...,posted few here incldg inetk, suresh...) trust me this is an ARR's album which had been appreciated overall after a very very long time both commercially & quality wise. Whereas you are the ONE following Taran Adarsh (biased :wink:) who had just discarded it as "ORDINARY". Ofcourse, opinion differs but not to this extent. Some of his early (better) works like MEENAXI, BOSE, Mangal Pandey all went unnoticed without even a trace for its lack of mass appeal.

Kalbali narabali :shock: I am hooked to it after reading few technical reviews on the experimentals & use of percussions.

Have a look at this review & comments section as well which is quiet acceptable.
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Rang_De_Basanti_Album-89827-1.html

vijayr
16th February 2006, 12:48 AM
khalbali, paathshaala and fanaah have nothing much in common, except probably the fact that they are all fast and peppy songs. If that is repetetive, then the pallavi/2charanam format got repetitive in the 80s itself.

swathy
16th February 2006, 10:48 AM
Recently I watched RDB in Blr. I was excited on seeing the applause by the audience for ARR name in the screen :-)

thumburu
16th February 2006, 11:13 AM
Scale don't scare me with blog links. I don't form my opinion based on blog talks. I can show u blogs hailing even "suttum vizhi chudare" or "oru maalai" .
I still prefer the usual pallavi /2 charanam format to the looping of the same 4 lines over and over like in fanaah or paathshaala

lancelot
16th February 2006, 07:42 PM
i was walking past the theater that is showing King Kong.... i dont know for how long they have been showing this amazing movie.....

then i just looked inside.... an the thing i saw was mind blowing.... i tot i am having a heart attack... i had to stop and take a deep breath.....

wat did i see????? a big ass poster of Rang De Basanthi

i just stood there watching it.... then i saw somthing else....
at the bottom of the poster i saw "COMMING FEB - 22"

i allmost screemd out..... one amazing movie replaced by another...
am soooooo happy

hehe

Thiru
21st March 2006, 01:51 AM
Watched RDB during the weekend... first of all, I listened to this album when it initially came out.. Totally uninterested in this album, i didnt even listen to this after one listening.. It was not until i watched the movie that I listened to the songs again...
This is one of the albums which you should buy after watching the movie (similar to lagaan).. I'm hooked up to this for the last 2 days... lukkachupi is a great piece and so is rubaroo...

A.ANAND
21st March 2006, 06:11 AM
also read the good review about arr music in rdb in latest kumudam mag.'ARASU BATHILGAL'...

united07
21st March 2006, 08:11 AM
COMMING FEB - 22!!!!!!

It's 'Coming' isn't it!

muzammil84
21st March 2006, 02:17 PM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8820/kumrdb2jd.jpg

dinesh2002
23rd March 2006, 01:49 PM
'Paathshala' is hottest song of the week
IANS [Wednesday, March 22, 2006]

New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) The top Bollywood album position is still occupied by composer A.R. Rahman's hit track "Paathshala" from the film "Rang De Basanti". It is an energetic number and captures the psyche of today's youth.

The top 10 Hindi songs are:

1. "Paathshala" - Film: "Rang De Basanti"; Singers: Naresh Iyer, Mohammed Aslam; Music: A.R. Rahman. The song's popularity is soaring and it has perched itself in the first position.

2. "Meter down" - Film: "Taxi No.9211"; Singer: Adnan Sami; Music: Vishal-Shekhar. The film has turned out to be a profitable venture for director Milan Luthria and its songs are popular too, especially this hot and funky number which has Nana Patekar and John Abraham swaying together.

3. "Say na say na" - Film: "Bluffmaster"; Singers: Aneela, Robert and Arash; Music: Vishal-Shekhar. The song has a bhangra-pop feel and is occupying the third slot on the list this week.

4. "Jhalak dikhlaja" - Film: "Aksar"; Singer: Himesh Reshammiya; Music: Himesh Reshammiya. Reshammiya is going places with the song.

5. "Aapki kashish" - Film: "Aashiq Banaya Aapne"; Singer: Himesh Reshammiya; Music: Himesh Reshammiya. The song, which has won many awards for the music composer, is still one of the hottest numbers on the chart.

6. "Fanaah" - Film: "Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye"; Singers: K.K. and Anu Malik; Music: Anu Malik. It is keeping Akshay Kumar's fans entertained and quickly rising up the charts.

7. "Jiya dhadak dhadak jaye" - Film: "Kalyug"; Singer: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan; Music: Rohail Hyat and Faisal Rafi. This is one of the best romantic songs of the year and those who like love songs are enjoying it immensely.

8. "Yeh hai meri kahani" - Film: "Zinda"; Singers: Strings; Music: Strings. Composed by Pakistani band, the song touches the sentiments of listeners.

9. "Halla re" - Film: "Neal 'N' Nikki"; Singers: Shweta Pandit, Salim Merchant and Irshad Kamil; Music: Salim-Sulaiman. The film flopped but the song has found a firm foothold on the music chart.

10. "Kajra re" - Film: "Bunty Aur Babli"; Singers: Alisha Chinai, Shankar Mahadevan and Javed Ali; Music: Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy. Some songs never let go and this qawwali is one of them.

http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=6116

Nerd
4th April 2006, 11:25 PM
Finally, after more than 2 months of its realease, I watched RDB in theatres last saturday.

ARR is materialistic in the success of this movie :thumbsup: Fantastic songs and excellent picturization of the songs. You can watch the movie just for the songs. The title music was mindblowing which is now a common thing in all ARR movies. I thought swades title music was THE best until I saw RDB. BGM was pretty good in most parts, he could have done better in a few emotional scenes.

Scale
5th April 2006, 02:05 PM
SWADES lacks racy screenplay & any of those commercial elements for a SRK starrer. Thats it! Otherwise its a better movie than RDB in terms of script, songs, picturisation & BGM's. I would have raved RDB if I havent watched Indian, Mudhalvan, TLOBS, SWADES, Yuva. None of characters in RDB have impressed me when compared to those. Couldnt settle on with the songs picturisation after hearing it several times in full length. Why so much work been done by ARR if it wasnt intentionally to be used fully. IMO, Title track picuturisation is horrible & totally unwanted. The screenplay & songs picturisation is geared up only after IK Onkar (prayer). My pick on the BGM is when Aamir was chased by the british police, Bhaghat Singh(siddarth) shoots officer(bicycle) & Khalbali instrumentals. Be A Rebel, lukka chuppi, khoon chala all big letdown. :cry:

Rakesh is lucky for its success whereas A Gowariker is totally "underrated".

SRK performance, ARR's songs & BGM (flows along w/the script) in SWADES deserves MORE, what "WE the people" failed to cherish.

lancelot
5th April 2006, 07:53 PM
i think Swades is an amazing movie.... it was the only movie i liked SRK in reasent past. Gowariker is an amazing director.

but i would say that RDB is also a good movie.....
i dont think it's fair to compare the 2... other than both being pattriotic movies, there are a lot of things diffrent between them.

hehe

Nerd
5th April 2006, 11:29 PM
IMO, RDB is a better movie than swades in all aspects except the BGM may be.. The picturization of yeh jo desh tera was a total let down.. excellent situation and a mindblowing song, wasted with some stupid, boring, cliched video :banghead:

RDB, the movie is about ultra-modern guys and ARR did justice with his techno beats and the picturization was top-notch, IMO. Rakeysh dint kill the songs and picturizing all the songs in full wud have added some 15 extra minutes to the movie, which would have affected the pace of the movie, especially in the second half.

And scale naNba, please dont compare RDB with the likes of shankar (:rotfl:) movies. Its atleast a *bit* better than all of shankar's social(?) movies 8-)

Scale
6th April 2006, 10:40 AM
What else? The ppl singing in chorus b4 he departs to NASA or SRK singing himself in NASA. AG is helpless with such an awesome composition. "BLAME" it on ARR being more enthusiastic & patriotic while composing & on vocals. In that case even "Vellai Pookal - KM" piczn has to be blamed.
Look at "Yeh Tara Woh Tara" song & its picturisation. The concept is mindblowing and the simple steps with kids is a visual treat to watch. It gives me great feel whenever I watch it. ITS SRK, Unbelievable!

RDB, I expressed my feelings after hearing those tracks several times in full length. If MR,AG killed 1-2-3 songs (Aahista nt picd), ROP killed every song except "Ik Onkar". What is the necessity for the composer to give full length songs if it is not used fully.. Just for "AUDIO" sales :huh: Isnt the approach by the Director towards Composers itself wrong and materialistic?

Kasi, Comeon! These 2 movies of Shankar(selectively) arent that bad to rotfl.

Nerd
7th April 2006, 03:33 AM
Okay scale, Peace :D

sloshed
7th April 2006, 06:19 AM
scale,
I think its a very subjective topic .... RDB's main strength was its script.. in order to provide a grippy narrative , Rakesh tried to do away with minimum songs as possible..
if you analyse the movie the songs were ,meant to be a relief in a serious movie.. RDB would have had the same impact even if the songs were done away with , such was the powerful screenplay .. Even I hate to see ARR songs not being used but whatever the songs presented on screen were welcomed by the audience.
Rakesh could have presented the whole song and still won..

Swades though it did have a powerful message..did not have a gripping screenplay to begin with, though the songs were placed right .. songs dragged the movie even more.. i couldnt help noticing the uneasiness among the audience in an already long moive when the 'baba' song was picturised. it put the brakes on the movie even more.. he could have picturised 'Ashita' and done away with 'Sawariya' .... but then people think different..

In my opinion.. the songs should have been minimal in Swades (expect for 'yeh tara', 'yeh to des') and the songs should have been picturised more in RDB.. but then I do have to give credit to Rakesh becos he inserted the songs well as more of a bgm than songs...
anywayz.. I like both the movies.. though I wouldnt sit thru Swades for a second time in a theatre... :-)

sloshed
7th April 2006, 06:23 AM
In the case of rakesh being materialistic by asking the composers to do full length songs and not to use them .. well he may not have intented to do that in the beginning.. but then to make the product more attractive.. he might have done that ina later stage.. these thing happen all the time.. how many times we have seen actors complain thatt he scenes that they acted were chopped off...
I think there is a bit of compromise from every side ...

Scale
7th April 2006, 10:01 AM
Nerd, we didnt fight yet :wink:

sloshed,

IMO, AG shud have used YJDHT "shehnai" version like Sax version in the ending credits. The biggest problem is ARR has to realize that whenever he sings his songs, those were pushed to the BGM's or as a saint's advice on air to the lead characters :lol:

Note ARR said in a recent interview that RDB was his quickie score ever. This was even reported by VjI in ARR YG immdtly after Rising. P Joshi said that lots of discussions were done for the lyrics and songs. Then, Why so much chopped off? Roobaroo ending? "khi aag hai mujpe kahin" :shock: Do they know their fate b4 ? That wasnt really convincing. Rakesh, lucky MAN.

MADDY
7th April 2006, 12:07 PM
scale, if we, ARR fans want full length songs then we shuld request him to compose only musical albums.....when it comes to the movie, it is director who calls the shots......u know it is like Dravid asking Sachin to bat at no.5 for team requirement......though we know sachin is the gr8est and all that.......

Dragun
7th April 2006, 10:36 PM
The director's job is not to just picturize every song fully. If he feels he can better use a song as a "bit" song or as something in the background, that is his duty. Remember, the songs serve the film, not the other way around.

Nerd
25th September 2006, 08:04 PM
Rang de basanti for oscars

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/rang-de-is-indias-entry-for-oscars/22457-8.html

baba88
25th September 2006, 08:49 PM
Water and Rang De Basanti are nominated for the OSCARS.
So twice ARR in Oscards this year :)

MADDY
25th September 2006, 08:59 PM
o**a chinna pasangala, velayadaringala??? ( V V dialogue) ippa theriyudhala high level recognitionnu vandha yaar kinggnnuuu..... :bluejump: :bluejump:

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/sep/25rdb.htm

thamizhvaanan
25th September 2006, 09:03 PM
the nominations list is very biased... only hindi films :x

KANK for oscars!!! :banghead:

MADDY
25th September 2006, 09:21 PM

then wat do u xpect - Pudhupettai and pattiyal for oscars.........dhanush moonji ellam oscar panel paarkira nilamai innum varla......tamil maanam kappatra pattadhu :lol:

Nerd
25th September 2006, 09:25 PM
There were two non hindi movies..

I think 5 movies have been sent to oscars which has ARR music

Indian
1947 earth
lagaan
RDB
Water

thamizhvaanan
25th September 2006, 09:27 PM
pudhupettai is seriously oscar material if u ask me... with a little bit of trimming... :roll:

Indian
1947 earth
lagaan
RDB
Water :thumbsup:

MADDY
25th September 2006, 09:30 PM
There were two non hindi movies..

Indian
1947 earth
lagaan
RDB
Water

how can one forget Jeans....

Nerd
25th September 2006, 09:35 PM
pudhupettai is seriously oscar material if u ask me... with a little bit of trimming... :roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeans.. that shunt be in this elite list, I think :oops:

thamizhvaanan
25th September 2006, 09:35 PM
how can one forget Jeans....just like that :P

Ramakrishna
25th September 2006, 09:36 PM

then wat do u xpect - Pudhupettai and pattiyal for oscars.........dhanush moonji ellam oscar panel paarkira nilamai innum varla......tamil maanam kappatra pattadhu :lol:

Athukaaga KANK maathiri kuppaiyaa vaa consider pannanum. KANK competing with the world class RDB is :lol2:

thamizhvaanan
25th September 2006, 09:39 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock:

when I watched pudhupettai for the first time.. I too didnt like it.. particularly the violence... but after watching the film, I felt that it was memorable.

When I saw it for the second time.. I was really impressed.

ajaybaskar
27th September 2006, 09:48 AM
pudhupettai is heavily inspired by Fernando Meirelles' City of God. No doubt Selvaraghavan has the makings of an excellent director but still he has a long way to go. But Rang de basanti is fresh and has a better chance at the Oscars. But i have a firm belief that only Maniratnam can bring india its first oscar in the best foriegn film category(Surely with the help of Thalaivar)

A.ANAND
27th September 2006, 11:16 AM
only Maniratnam can bring india its first oscar in the best foriegn film category(Surely with the help of Thalaivar) :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hulkster
27th September 2006, 11:34 AM
Maddy Pudhupettai was quite stylish and realistic...if certain scenes that had been cut and the songs were used properly it would have been considered for the oscars. But what makes RDB click is its different screenplay and refreshing storyline..its way more realistic than pudhupettai. And btw dhanush performance in pudhupettai was very good indeed...i dunt think the oscar judges will judge by his looks. :D

Guess_Me
1st October 2006, 05:20 PM
pudhupettai is heavily inspired by Fernando Meirelles' City of God. No doubt Selvaraghavan has the makings of an excellent director but still he has a long way to go. But Rang de basanti is fresh and has a better chance at the Oscars. But i have a firm belief that only Maniratnam can bring india its first oscar in the best foriegn film category(Surely with the help of Thalaivar)

I dont think Rang De Basanti is a fresh subject for the Oscar audience. The story line is very similiar to the 1989 french movie Jesus de Montreal (http://imdb.com/title/tt0097635/). And that movie had an Oscar nomination for foreign category too.

nilavupriyan
1st October 2006, 06:16 PM
only Maniratnam can bring india its first oscar in the best foriegn film category(Surely with the help of Thalaivar) :yes: :yes: :yes:

maniratnam?????????? :roll:

nilavupriyan
1st October 2006, 06:19 PM

moonjiya paathu oscar kudukka maatanga maddy!

RDB is a better movie...but dhanush'S performance in pudhupetai is more intense and great than aamir in rang de basanti...dhanush had a tough role!city of god's la nadichavanga ellam enna james bond personlitya va irundhanga...adhu international award
vaangala?

a film could win oscar if it replicates the culture and tradition of a nation!...pudhupetai had all the ingrediants to attract the juries...rang de basanti is also a good movie...its ok to be nominated!

but kank is a trash...they are very biased...they think only bollywood movies are better...they select sounth indian movies if its only from known members like maniratnam or kamalhaasan to be sent

nilavupriyan
1st October 2006, 06:22 PM
i also saw city of GOD!

i really dint get the relation between city of GOD and pudhupetai!...chumma yaaravadhu soldradha ketuttu olara vendiyadhu!

from screenplay to story...completely different!

Jacky
1st October 2006, 07:01 PM
"RDB is a better movie...but dhanush'S performance in pudhupetai is more intense and great than aamir in rang de basanti"

Dhanush is no ways close any realistic actor. PP was just another cliched performance! To me, RDB had the best male cry ever in mainstream cinema displacing even Kamal's attempt in Nayakan.
I don't think actors like Dhanush or Vikram can ever show restraint to remain within the scope of their character. Sincere Sigamanis of yesteryears school of acting!

nilavupriyan
1st October 2006, 07:25 PM
"RDB is a better movie...but dhanush'S performance in pudhupetai is more intense and great than aamir in rang de basanti"

Dhanush is no ways close any realistic actor. PP was just another cliched performance! To me, RDB had the best male cry ever in mainstream cinema displacing even Kamal's attempt in Nayakan.
I don't think actors like Dhanush or Vikram can ever show restraint to remain within the scope of their character. Sincere Sigamanis of yesteryears school of acting!

thats funny... u need not goto nayagan!

have u watched "pammal.k.sammandham"..the scene where kamal cries talking to his grandfather!...thats enough to beat others performances!

do u want the local porikki payal to be calm and cool...which is called realism or so called underplaying...do u think those local rowdies are calm and quiet like godfather???...look... they are hypersensitive and thats what dhanush portrayed!

i really admire aamir and know he is far better actor than dhanush...

Jacky
1st October 2006, 08:51 PM
What's funny about it? If you like Kamal's PKS cry say so and leave. Everyone has their own yardsticks.
I have seen Pokkiri payals in real life as well as in movies. So-called hypersensitivity trait is mostly exploited by our actors and directors to their whims and fancies to show off every tissue on their face can move. That's where the problem lies.

ajaybaskar
1st October 2006, 08:59 PM
guys,
Today's NDTV flash news read that RDB is to be sent to oscars for 8 nominations.
1. Best Direction
2. Best Screenplay
3. Best Editing
4. Best Sound design
5. Best Cinematography
6. Best Foreign language film

i am not sure about the other two. Can anyone add more details, pls? i am waiting to know if ARR has a Chance?

Nerd
1st October 2006, 10:57 PM
pudhupetai had all the ingrediants to attract the juries...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeh the juries will be flattered by danush's aeeeeeeeeei and him fooling 20-30 people with sickles n stuff..

nilavupriyan
1st October 2006, 11:02 PM

Yeh the juries will be flattered by danush's aeeeeeeeeei and him fooling 20-30 people with sickles n stuff..

only those juries judged "crouching tiger and hidden dragon" as the best movie...imho pudhupetai is not inferior to it :rotfl:

http://www.charuonline.com/kp216.html

read this!

Nerd
1st October 2006, 11:29 PM
Well may be.. I havent seen CTHD.. so cant comment.

btw, charu niveditha is one of the biggest hypocrites and IMO whatever he says doesnt make a drop of sense !!

selvakumar
2nd October 2006, 10:04 AM

This is exactly what I had in my mind when I saw PP. If you go see the old PP thread, you will come to know. I felt like as if I am the only person who feels like that. Definitly PP was amazing for the first 90 mins. But RDB was way awesome in many places though it has minor bugs.
PP has a FATAL bug :lol: (Selva ..kalakkurada)... :roll:
We can release the product with minor bug not with a FATAL one :P :lol:

great
2nd October 2006, 01:31 PM
dhanush moonji ellam oscar panel paarkira nilamai innum varla......tamil maanam kappatra pattadhu :lol:

Munjiya paathu oscar kuduka maatanga :? Btwn Danush has potrayed his char well.

Anyways both RDB aswell as LRMBhai are good :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
2nd October 2006, 09:29 PM
RDB was shown on a TV channel today.
Extraordinary BGM. Really i am convinced now that he is the best in BGM too. Especially during the climax, when they enter the All India Radio, there is a humming by the master himself, wow :musicsmile:
Extraordinary work by ARR. It is actually ARR who is the main hero of the movie, later come Aamir and Rakesh Mehra. His music really takes forward the slow screenplay of this movie. :2thumbsup:

villan007
2nd October 2006, 10:13 PM
RDB was shown on a TV channel today.
Extraordinary BGM. Really i am convinced now that he is the best in BGM too. Especially during the climax, when they enter the All India Radio, there is a humming by the master himself, wow :musicsmile:
Extraordinary work by ARR. It is actually ARR who is the main hero of the movie, later come Aamir and Rakesh Mehra. His music really takes forward the slow screenplay of this movie. :2thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

and the BGM when bhagath singh is to be hanged.... jus brilliant 8-)

thamizhvaanan
2nd October 2006, 10:20 PM
BGM during jallian wallah bah? wow!!! that particular combination of music and cinematography... never seen before in indian film history...

rsubras
2nd October 2006, 11:08 PM
and the BGM where the Defense minister is looked upon like General Dyer, then the BGM when Aamir khan engages in a shoot out in parliament, and the follow up to Khalbali song.......... brillllllllllllllliant :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
2nd October 2006, 11:10 PM
the Khoon chala song has been used as bgm beautifully in the movie.

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2006, 10:15 AM
i dont know why u guys bank on pudhupettai for an oscar. No doubt that pudhupettai is a class film. But it is too violent and becomes an overdose at one point of time of the movie. Of course its a gangster movie. so showing blood on the screen is inevitable. But the godfather sequels and our own nayagan has proved that the same backdrop can be handled effectively without showing blood.
Yuvan's music and Aravind Krishna's cinematography were awesome but they are no where near ARR and Binod Pradhan of RDB.
People who've watched both the films in good theatres, say Sathyam, wil surely accept my point. PP also had a poor second half which was criticised in the media.
Last but not least, if PP is worth an Oscar, Selva wud have sent the movie as an independent entry to the oscars just like the Lage Raho Munnabhai Crew did.

nilavupriyan
3rd October 2006, 08:27 PM
rdb and lrb both have great content!lets see :roll:

Nerd
3rd October 2006, 09:07 PM
But LRMB sure is not oscar material, IMHO. OmkarA is a better movie than LRMB. IMO, RDB is better than these two movies :)

Scale
4th October 2006, 12:27 PM
ARRs Oscar Entries till date are
1996 INDIAN
1998 JEANS
1999 EARTH ;1947
2001 LAGAAN
2004 WARRIORS OF HEAVEN & EARTH (CHINESE)
2006 RDB,WATER(CANADIAN)

Scale
22nd November 2006, 01:39 PM
[tscii:d890617a89]This is a classic example how ARR Music revolutionize (The review of Indiaglitz)

To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
From: Send an Instant Message "SHEIK" <sheikdawood_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:01:13 +0000 (GMT)
Subject:[arr] Excellent review on GURU by INDIAGLITZ

After RDB, Indiaglitz came out with the excellent reviews on GURU.

First few lines of both the reviews from INDIA GLITZ

Rang De Basanti - A six on ten
Rang De Basanti (RDB) is certainly not Rehman’s best work - not by a long stretch, but Rehman has only himself to blame, what with the high standards he sets for everyone -and that includes himself.

Guru - Buy it for ‘Jaage Hain’ and ‘Tere Bina’
It goes without saying that AR Rahman is a supreme talent when it comes to music. Not only in India. But anywhere in the world. This year he excelled in Rang De Basanti where almost all the songs were fantastic. So, it goes without saying that his next offering with Mani Rathnam was eagerly anticipated

This people must refer to their earlier reviews when presenting a new one.

So no doubts that Indiaglitz will mention Guru is an excellent album in next ARR music movie review.[/tscii:d890617a89]

Nerd
17th January 2007, 09:28 PM
[tscii:533fb647d5]Water in Oscar shortlist, RDB out
ibnlive.com

New Delhi: The shortlist ahead of the nominations for the Best Foreign Film category at this year's Oscars is out and director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s smash hit Rang De Basanti has not featured in it.

Mehra’s film was one of the 61 entries vying for the coveted statuette in the Best Foreign Language Film category this year.

But the Academy sprung a surprise when Deepa Mehta’s Water, which is Canada's official entry for the Oscars, was shortlisted in the same category.

Pedro Almodovar's Volver has also been named among the shortlisted nine films, reports AFP.

The veteran Spanish director's movie will be one of the favourites at the Oscars but it will have to wait until January 23 for the Academy Award nominations to be announced to confirm its entry in the final five.

The shortlist in the Foreign Film category was announced by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Tuesday.

Other notable movies included on the shortlist are Mexico's entry Pan's Labyrinth, a fantasy film from Guillermo Del Toro, and Germany's The Lives of Others.

But a surprise omission was China's Curse of the Golden Flower, the Zhang Yimou's epic, which had been tipped to vie for the top prize at the Oscar.

The Oscars will be held on February 25 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.

As many as 61 films originally qualified for consideration by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the foreign-language film Oscar, but only nine of them have advanced to the final voting phase.

The rules for the category changed this year. Instead of several hundred members of the foreign-language film committee selecting the five nominees, this year – during what the Academy calls Phase I – their ballots selected nine finalists for nomination.

A Phase II committee of 30, comprised of 10 randomly selected members of the larger group and two 10-member contingents from New York and Los Angeles, will choose the final five nominees.

Screenings for Phase II will be held on Friday-Sunday in New York and Los Angeles.

Rang De Basanti, Lage Raho Munnabhai and Omkara were all considered by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for the Golden Globe in the Best Foreign Language Film category, but neither managed to make the cut.

The full shortlist for the Oscars in Best Foreign Film Category is as follows:

Algeria, Days of Glory, Rachid Bouchareb, director;

Canada, Water, Deepa Mehta, director;

Denmark, After the Wedding, Susanne Bier, director;

France, Avenue Montaigne, Daniele Thompson, director;

Germany, The Lives of Others, Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, director;

Mexico, Pan's Labyrinth, Guillermo del Toro, director;

The Netherlands, Black Book, Paul Verhoeven, director;

Spain, Volver, Pedro Almodovar, director;

Switzerland, Vitus, Fredi M Murer, director. [/tscii:533fb647d5]