PDA

View Full Version : SACHIN-rate him among all time cricket legends

nilavupriyan
21st October 2005, 06:56 PM
SACHIN who is considered to be one of all time greats can be rated at which position?

one-day:
according to me he is the best one-day player ever produced......may be vivian richards will have a tough fight with sachin....but sachin's records is amazing!

test:in test i consider bradman is at top.......many others players like gavaskar,border take the next positions...

where will u rate sachin in test and oneday?

Sanguine Sridhar
24th October 2005, 08:14 AM
Nilavu...no need for a discussion at all..look at his records...thats shows it.... Legend 8-)

nilavupriyan
24th October 2005, 09:24 AM
Nilavu...no need for a discussion at all..look at his records...thats shows it.... Legend 8-)

records alone cannot judge that he is best player of all time.......how much matches does he made india win and how many does others made their to win?...thats also under consideration....

the conditions of play also varies time to time....pitches,bowlers etc...

so...,all must be taken under considerartion...not just the career records

Sanguine Sridhar
24th October 2005, 12:26 PM
Ofcourse he played as a match winner for many matches...After all Cricket is a team effort game..Sachin cant be the only person to stand and win matches for others al the others...Well if u say Gilchrist is a good player..but whether only Gilchrist is playing n the team??..the whole australian team shines ..,take any team any star player..since other players also equally contributing, that particular team shines...East or West Sachin is the best...

nilavupriyan
26th October 2005, 05:49 PM
what a come back for our master....cheers
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alien
26th October 2005, 06:45 PM
In Tests Lara ranks high than Sachin ! No arguments on that !! 8-)

Justice
27th October 2005, 05:15 AM
:roll:

Alien
27th October 2005, 06:12 AM
No way ! Lara definitely is a better test player than S.Waugh, Sachin .......
Look at the double centuries he made and at the same time note what teams they were made against and at what conditions ! He's amazing !!!! 8-)

Justice
27th October 2005, 07:16 AM
:roll:

S.Balaji
14th November 2005, 01:19 PM
Nilavu... nice topic...

Sachin beyond doubt...is a genius.....

Lara is equally another genius....

Now lets analyse whether he is the best among the best....

Just list the quality of bowling Viv Richards and Sunny Gavaskar faced (without helmet )....

how successful they were those days.....

and how consistent they were......

Sachin had the opportunity of facing very few high quality bowlers in his career and ( one has to be honest....he was not that successful againt Mcgrath..... ) the best bowler Sachin had faced in his lifetime......
Unfortunatley Sachin could not face Wasim akram or Waqar unis ( due to indo pak tensions ).... at their best....
The only other quality bowler sachin faced was Gillespie..... and Shane Bond....
Against wi..... Ambrose was at the fag end of his career and walsh as well....so we cannot draw comparisions here as well...

Even the quality of spin bowling sachin faced.... Murali.... I am not sure...Sachin won over him...... he was very defensive....

THe one bowler he mastered totally was Shane Warne......

IMO....Viv Richards should be ranked amongs the greatest of the greats.....

He VIRTUALLY RULED THE CRICKET FIELD....LIKE AN EMPEROR..... AND TRUE TO HIS NAME...ALEXANDER.....

Viv never aspired for records and they came automatically...If he had decided to stay at the wicket for some more time... I am sure he would have broken all the records ......

a true genius .... complete in all aspects.....

Viv also had one advantage which SUnny did not have ...that he need not face Holding, Marshal, Roberts, Croft, Garner......

while Sunny faced all of the above giants.....with perfection...and scored tons and tons of runs....

IMO Sunny is equally to be recognised to be amogst the top 10 all time greats.....

nilavupriyan
14th November 2005, 03:16 PM
[qoute="s.balaji"]Viv never aspired for records and they came automatically...If he had decided to stay at the wicket for some more time... I am sure he would have broken all the records ......

a true genius .... complete in all aspects.....

Viv also had one advantage which SUnny did not have ...that he need not face Holding, Marshal, Roberts, Croft, Garner...... [/quote]

thats the most important point!

sunny is technically sound than viv or sachin or lara or steve waugh.....

nilavupriyan
10th December 2005, 05:10 PM
SACHIN BREAKS SUNIL GAVASKARS RECORD!

u r born to break and make records.....way to go master blaster!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sanguine Sridhar
10th December 2005, 05:49 PM
Kudos Master Blaster 8-) :D

S.Balaji
2nd May 2006, 06:32 PM
Its really hard to imagine cricket without Sachin ........

Wonder we will have such an incredible cricketer

I admire him not merely as a batsman but as a total team man ....selfless ....... has played under different captains who started playing intl cricket after he joined ......

his commitment was total always.....

Sad that his strike power is diminishing....

adding fuel to the fire, his fitness levels are coming up as an issue quite frequently now a days....

WONDER SACHIN WILL BE ABLE TO STAGE A COME BACK AND PLAY HIS NATURAL GAME .......

ALSO WONDER WHETHER WE WILL GET SUCH A BATSMAN EVER !!!????

nilavupriyan
2nd May 2006, 06:40 PM
we are waiting for the return of the MASTER

S.Balaji
2nd May 2006, 06:42 PM
what's wrong with his fitness now Nilavu ?? and where is he now ?

Pl enlighten me ...........

nilavupriyan
2nd May 2006, 07:20 PM
he is in india and slowly gaining his fitness1

he is practicing succesfully!something related to shoulder balaji!

S.Balaji
2nd May 2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks Nilavu....

I feel he is fit enough to play for atleast another 5 years ( now 33 ) .......

He can give new dimension to cricket.......

I wish he should play the lead role for 2007 world cup and get us the cup ....

and that will be the most satisfying thing for him as well in life....... ( remember we missed the worldcup semifinal in kolkatta vs Srilanka in 96 after he got out )

Missing him very much..................

manuel
21st July 2006, 11:30 AM
Best player was Viv Richards - the King

nilavupriyan
14th September 2006, 09:37 PM
THE MASTER PROVED IT!

HE IS THE BEST IN BUSINESS!

nilavupriyan
14th September 2006, 09:37 PM
5 SIXES...... abaaya sangu for australia

Sanguine Sridhar
14th September 2006, 11:20 PM
:evil: Singam ondru purapattadhey :evil:
:evil: Adhakku nalla kaalam porandhudchu :evil:

:P Go go Sachin :notworthy:

kb
15th September 2006, 03:28 AM
"We suffered out there as a team," said Lara. "It was difficult for us. But for a guy coming back after six months, it showed how much of a genius he is. We just had to watch it and appreciate it, and it was a very special innings for India."

selvakumar
15th September 2006, 01:01 PM
"We suffered out there as a team," said Lara. "It was difficult for us. But for a guy coming back after six months, it showed how much of a genius he is. We just had to watch it and appreciate it, and it was a very special innings for India."

:clap:

Lara :P :D :thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
16th September 2006, 03:43 PM
nakee....use this thread...spare that thread

selvakumar
16th September 2006, 04:23 PM

Exactly! Nakeeran, I stop my comments on you there ! Please post your questions here and I will answer them here ! :)

Nakeeran
16th September 2006, 04:33 PM

Exactly! Nakeeran, I stop my comments on you there ! Please post your questions here and I will answer them here ! :)

Romba danksungna :D

On what grounds Sachin is better than Lara ?

How do u say that Sachin is better than Viv Richards ?

In what way U have placed Sachin IN A BETTER PLATFORM SAYING THAT HE CANNOT BE COMPARED WITH DRAVID

Expecting INFORMATIVE / QUALITATIVE POSTS FROM U :D :wink:

nilavupriyan
16th September 2006, 04:35 PM
a simple change..when did we say sachin is better than vivian richards..he is on par with vivian richards ...as periods differ we cant compare

selvakumar
16th September 2006, 04:42 PM
Romba danksungna :D
On what grounds Sachin is better than Lara ?
How do u say that Sachin is better than Viv Richards ?
In what way U have placed Sachin IN A BETTER PLATFORM SAYING THAT HE CANNOT BE COMPARED WITH DRAVID
Expecting INFORMATIVE / QUALITATIVE POSTS FROM U :D :wink:

Thanks for providing the necessary platform.
Tobe precise: Both Lara and Sachin are equal and they have their own share of + and - . I never go around pointing out the -ves of both the legends. I respect them equally. But my core love towardssachin remain the same. I never said that Lara is an underdog when compared to sachin. But I would never tolerate any comment like sachin is an undergod when compared to Lara.
BTW, I have not seen VIV in action ! So, I cannot comment on that since they belong to different generation. But in the post-kapil era, Sachin is the best along with the likes of Lara and Dravid cannot be compared with sachin (when we take the respective records).

One thing which I admire in Dravid is his constant learning and willing to adapt ! But sachin has his own share of injuires since he entered the arena at 16. Plus ! Sachin was more aggressive in the past (till the last WC).
cozof this and his love towards the game, he plays in a neat way without the usual aggression. That doesn't make him a sitting duck and less inferior when compared to Dravid !

:D

alwarpet_andavan
17th September 2006, 04:06 AM
Sachin can do a Dravid when the situation demands but the converse is not true

nilavupriyan
17th September 2006, 11:49 AM
can dravid play a sharjah innings..

atleast in the first innings of a one dayser can he play an aggressive innings?? :lol:

he cant bring the game under his control..rather manage the situation under the game's control...

only sachin can turn around the game totally in his way!..

Nakeeran
17th September 2006, 01:10 PM

atleast in the first innings of a one dayser can he play an aggressive innings?? :lol:

he cant bring the game under his control..rather manage the situation under the game's control...

Nilavu.

Ippadi siripu vedigala koluthadheenga pls :lol:

THERE IS NO NEED FOR AGGRESSION IN ONE DAYERS TO WIN MATCHES.

WHAT ONE NEED IS INTELLIGENCE & ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION & PLAY ACCORDINGLY.

I THINK U HAVE NOT WATCHED HOW BEVAN PLAYED ALL ALONG.
HE NEVER SHOWED AGGRESSION BUT WON SO MANY MATCHES & WAS A GOOD SCORER DURING SLOG OVERS WITH INTELLIGENT HITTING.

NOT THAT MINDLESS SLOG TYPE DURING THE FINAL OF WORLD CUP 2003 IN THE FIRST OVER ITSELF AGAINST A GIANT LIKE McGRATH . He He :wink:

villan007
17th September 2006, 09:22 PM

antha oru match vechite ethana naal Ottuveenga :roll:

Its dravid who often steadies the ship after sachin leaving early :P

nilavupriyan
17th September 2006, 10:44 PM

THERE IS NO NEED FOR AGGRESSION IN ONE DAYERS TO WIN MATCHES.

:wink:

the best joke of the century... :rotfl:

carry on nakeera

selvakumar
18th September 2006, 09:28 AM
antha oru match vechite ethana naal Ottuveenga :roll:

Its dravid who often steadies the ship after sachin leaving early :P

There are several matches Senthil ! :)
The reason why we quote that Sharjah match again and again is coz that stands as a perfect example for his qualities as a batsman and a great team player !
Not only that match ! If you could remember, he ruled in the final as well. Both the Last League match and the final had Sachin's stamp clearly written over there.
After the series, Steve commented like this:
"We didn't lose to India. We lost to Sachin" :D :notworthy:

and he also portrayed quite a bit of perseverance and patience in the 170+ run that he scored against NZL. Sachin always plays with enormous aggression. That is his style. But it is not aggression alone. It is a mix of some top quality shots coupled with Pace.

One more thing I love in him is the way he handled quality bowlers like Wasim, Waqar, Warne etc. (Agreed that he has not yet dominated MCG).

These people will never forget Sachin:
1) Henry Olanga
2) Shoaib Akthar
(Forgot quite a few)
etc

Whenever I see those matches, it just remindes me VV dialogue:

"sinna pasangala ...tha yaar kitta vilayaarudreenga" :rotfl:
(Read this how it would be if sachin says the same to the respective people like Olanga) :lol:

P_R
18th September 2006, 10:35 AM
These people will never forget Sachin:
1) Henry Olanga
2) Shoaib Akthar Kasprowicz Kasprowicz nu oruthar irundhar. avarukku pace bowlernu oru nenappu irundhichi. 98 Sharjah'la Namma annan , offspinnerai adikkira maadhiri erangi erangi midwickettu saathunadhile aaLu thirippi teamukkuLLa varadhukku 5 varusham aachu.

Ravindra Pushpakumara'nnu oru paiyan. Munnoru kaalathule Vaas kooda new-ball share pannuvaaple. 96 WC Feroz Shah kotla'la
match-la sila-pala dharma adigaL vanginadhu dhaan naan kadaisiya paathadhu.

Idhu oru vanjanai illAdha hitlist........

alwarpet_andavan
18th September 2006, 11:50 AM
1997(-98) Dhaka
Silver Jubille Cup - Best of 3 finals
In the 3rd final, Sachin paved a way with a blitzkreig of an innings [41]. Ganguly went on to hit a century and Robin Singh [IMO was the man of the match] scored 82. Azhar Mehmood will not forget that day

The 1st final Saqlain Mushtaq [at his peak at that time] would never forget. The very first ball of his spell was treated by Sachin with a trademark down the track 'adi'.

selvakumar
18th September 2006, 11:59 AM
1997(-98) Dhaka
In the 3rd final, Sachin paved a way with a blitzkreig of an innings [41]. Ganguly went on to hit a century and Robin Singh [IMO was the man of the match] scored 82. Azhar Mehmood will not forget that day

The 1st final Saqlain Mushtaq [at his peak at that time] would never forget. The very first ball of his spell was treated by Sachin with a trademark down the track 'adi'.

Not sure about this. But I think in this series, Sachin dominated a lot ! In the previous matches, he hit a century I think ! :? Poort memory !
This is one of the tournaments in which he played more aggressively :)

alwarpet_andavan
18th September 2006, 12:06 PM
Not sure about this. But I think in this series, Sachin dominated a lot ! In the previous matches, he hit a century I think ! :? Poort memory !
This is one of the tournaments in which he played more aggressively :)
He hit 95 in the 1st final

Kanna
18th September 2006, 12:21 PM
That Dhaka series was the first, after Sachin handedover the captaincy to Md. Azhar

Nakeeran
18th September 2006, 12:52 PM
1997(-98) Dhaka

:lol:

How biased & prejudiced :lol:

The Guy who carried the match up to the final stages was Sourav & finally Kanitkar hit a boundary to get us a much deserved win .
It was one of the best innings of Sourav. :D

Why this vayitherichal on Sourav :wink:

Is it caz he won that match for India that day ? :twisted:

& U guys have thart Sharjah innings only to bolster but remember in that match there was no MCGRATH :wink: Sachin's nightmare :lol:

selvakumar
18th September 2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks A_A :)
BTW, Your post on that chennai match was :thumbsup2:

That Dhaka series was the first, after Sachin handedover the captaincy to Md. Azhar

I think he played like a Lion in that series ! Prob.. he might have been a bit stressed after having failed in the captaincy and he wanted to convey the bowlers all over the world

"Hello boss, I am back to my regular business :) and I am sure you will be distrubed by me sir" :lol:

I think he was a bit disturbed mentally by the press and others and anything can hurt a person if he fails in something which he could have thought that he can make it out !

Prob. This series might have given him the kind of elixir that he needed from his supporters ! :D

selvakumar
18th September 2006, 12:58 PM
How biased and prejudice and venom spitting on Sachin :)
A_A has clearly mentioned everyone who have scored in that match. In that sense, your posts also neglects Robin Singh as well. (A_A had mentioned everyone who scored)
He referred the aggressive start that was given by Sachin :lol: (If you could read it again) :)

How biased & prejudiced :lol:
The Guy who carried the match up to the final stages was Sourav & finally Kanitkar hit a boundary to get us a much deserved win .
It was one of the best innings of Sourav. :D
Why this vayitherichal on Sourav :wink:
Is it caz he won that match for India that day ? :twisted:
& U guys have thart Sharjah innings only to bolster but remember in that match there was no MCGRATH :wink: Sachin's nightmare :lol:

Nakeeran
18th September 2006, 01:12 PM

I think he played like a Lion in that series ! Prob.. he might have been a bit stressed after having failed in the captaincy and he wanted to convey the bowlers all over the world

"Hello boss, I am back to my regular business :) and I am sure you will be distrubed by me sir" :lol:

I think he was a bit disturbed mentally by the press and others and anything can hurt a person if he fails in something which he could have thought that he can make it out !

Prob. This series might have given him the kind of elixir that he needed from his supporters ! :D

Selvakumar Sir

Pls read the record books & statics again. :wink:

Sachin ran away from captaincy DURING THE FAMOUS HANSIE CRONJE SOUTH AFRICAN SERIES IN INDIA WHEN ALL SCANDALS BROKE LOOSE :lol: . He he

AND A PANICKING SACHIN HANDED OVER THE RUINS TO SOURAV & THE FIRST MATCH WAS PLAYED IN COCHIN :evil:

IT WAS SOURAV WHO PLAYED EXTREMELY WELL & GOT THE GAME VERY CLOSE TO VICTORY & FINALLY WE WON THAT MATCH.

Enna sir neenga. Oru velai pazaya matches patri onnum paaka mateengalo sir :wink:

THEN I AM ADDRESSING TO A WRONG PERSON :wink:

nilavupriyan
18th September 2006, 04:34 PM
sachin won TITAN cup...

selvakumar
18th September 2006, 06:09 PM
Nakeeran sir,
So, you are on a mission to spit venom on one of the greatest players of cricket :lol:
When did I say that Sachin was a great captain and remained there? :lol: (YOu have selectively twisted the words of mine which you are doing all the time)
I was referring to his brutal Adi that he gave to the PAK bowlers right after he handed his captaincy to Azhar. (If you could concentrate on my post again)
Do you know who won that match?
-Earth Shattering Starting which completely threw PAK bowlers away
- Nice batting from Sourav
- Beautiful stand from Robin Singh :lol:
Overall, everyone contributed and Sachin was lot more lethal in the whole series. This is what I was referring there.

So, irrespective of the point we give, you have a tendency to twist the arguement and bash sachin all the time :rotfl:
Better learn to read every post carefully before replying !

My question to you:
Can you point out a single word in the post you had quoted where I praise the captaincy of Sachin? I bet you can't.

Selvakumar Sir
Sachin ran away from captaincy DURING THE FAMOUS HANSIE CRONJE SOUTH AFRICAN SERIES IN INDIA WHEN ALL SCANDALS BROKE LOOSE :lol: . He he
AND A PANICKING SACHIN HANDED OVER THE RUINS TO SOURAV & THE FIRST MATCH WAS PLAYED IN COCHIN :evil:
IT WAS SOURAV WHO PLAYED EXTREMELY WELL & GOT THE GAME VERY CLOSE TO VICTORY & FINALLY WE WON THAT MATCH.
Enna sir neenga. Oru velai pazaya matches patri onnum paaka mateengalo sir :wink:

ajithfederer
18th September 2006, 08:43 PM
First of all.........Captaincy was never a forte to sachin..........he is a master in the game...........not in managing the team.....

If we compare batting prowess of sachin and ganguly........ganguly is light years behind sachin...... :lol:

Sourav's running away from fast bowlers during the course of matches is well known..... :lol2: the way he faked a no injury under greg chappel's leadership ....... he he.....ponga paa sirippu thanga mudialai :lol:

Selvakumar Sir

Sanguine Sridhar
19th September 2006, 12:51 AM
Whatever Sachin is not a "Thigh Shaker" :lol2: like Songuli ...Sorry Ganguly!!

If Mcgrath bowls and Donguli...Sorry Ganguly bats then you can see thigh shake from the Prince :lol2: of Kolkatta

12 run adichaalum singam oru 4 adichudhey McGrath ball-la adhu 4000 run-ku samam :thumbsup:

Bayama yaarukku? Enggey? Koorum koori paarum :evil:

A leader cant be dominant and Tonguli...sorry Ganguly was one kind of irritating and hightly dominating personality...Sachin accepted boldly that he is unable to concentrate on both batting and captaincy... but Monguli ...sorry Ganguly maadhri captaincy-yum venum naan 1 0 2 0 1 0 1 ippadi thaan series full-a adipena..no problem ennoda cousin padikira school cricket team-ku vena captain-a podalam :lol2:

Accepted that Ganguly Sir is a good player but he cant be compared to the Great Sachin!! :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
19th September 2006, 01:44 AM
:lol: :lol:

Whatever Sachin is not a "Thigh Shaker" :lol2: like Songuli ...Sorry Ganguly!!

If Mcgrath bowls and Donguli...Sorry Ganguly bats then you can see thigh shake from the Prince :lol2: of Kolkatta

12 run adichaalum singam oru 4 adichudhey McGrath ball-la adhu 4000 run-ku samam :thumbsup:

Bayama yaarukku? Enggey? Koorum koori paarum :evil:

A leader cant be dominant and Tonguli...sorry Ganguly was one kind of irritating and hightly dominating personality...Sachin accepted boldly that he is unable to concentrate on both batting and captaincy... but Monguli ...sorry Ganguly maadhri captaincy-yum venum naan 1 0 2 0 1 0 1 ippadi thaan series full-a adipena..no problem ennoda cousin padikira school cricket team-ku vena captain-a podalam :lol2:

Accepted that Ganguly Sir is a good player but he cant be compared to the Great Sachin!! :thumbsup:

kb
19th September 2006, 08:38 AM
nakkeeeraaaa.. unaku yaen sachin mela ivalavu gaandu..

ganguly was strong in offside.. legside idupuku mela potaa pumbikinnu keela vizhunduruvaan.. athey sachein kitta potu paaka sollu.. leg glance na ennanu sourav ganguly theriyuma :? :shaking:

nilavupriyan
19th September 2006, 11:15 PM
Brian Lara's record-breaking 400 not out against England last week left many grasping for superlatives, but it appears Australian captain Ricky Ponting was left nonplussed by the West Indian captain's motives.

After former England captain Tony Greig branded the innings as selfish on the weekend, Ponting yesterday indicated he was of a similar mind over Lara's effort.

Ponting said Lara's near 13-hour knock may have cost the West Indies a long-awaited victory in the fourth Test in Antigua.

After the West Indies made 5-751 in the first innings before declaring midway through day three, England made 285 and was forced to follow on. But the visitors held on comfortably for the draw at 5-422, winning the series 3-0.

"Their whole first innings might have been geared around one individual performance, and they could have let a Test match slip because of it," Ponting said of the West Indies. "They ran out of time in the game. That's not the way the Australian team plays."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Although he was part of the team that celebrated Matthew Hayden's 380 (10 hours 22 minutes) against Zimbabwe last October, Ponting said it was unlikely an Australian would break the new record due to his side's emphasis on winning.

"It's hard to imagine an Australian player doing it, just for the way we play our cricket."

nilavupriyan
19th September 2006, 11:15 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/04/19/1082357112057.html

Alien
20th September 2006, 08:56 AM
Fcuk that lame ponting ! :boo: ..... He can shut his dumba$$ when it comes to other teams , he can bitch abt the aussies if he want, not abt The GOD - THE LARA !!!! Those lame ducks were terribly disappointed that their impotence (scoring 380 against zimbabwe :rotfl: )is put under test by the lone warrior Brian Lara !! :lol:
Oh how much do I love Lara ? :D .... The way he thwarts the aussies :D .... NOBODY else can do that ....
Summa 1 century score panrathu ellam saathanaiya :lol: ... (any1 can d that on their day )

imsai
20th September 2006, 10:12 AM
Fcuk that lame ponting ! :boo: ..... He can shut his dumba$$ when it comes to other teams , he can bitch abt the aussies if he want, not abt The GOD - THE LARA !!!! Those lame ducks were terribly disappointed that their impotence (scoring 380 against zimbabwe :rotfl: )is put under test by the lone warrior Brian Lara !! :lol:
Oh how much do I love Lara ? :D .... The way he thwarts the aussies :D .... NOBODY else can do that ....
Summa 1 century score panrathu ellam saathanaiya :lol: ... (any1 can d that on their day )

Ponting. After Aus won the first ashes he said, "Now,I can't think of why we can't win 5-0." :rotfl2: ivan solrathellam periya visayamaa?

Alien
20th September 2006, 10:27 AM
Ponting. After Aus won the first ashes he said, "Now,I can't think of why we can't win 5-0." :rotfl2: ivan solrathellam periya visayamaa?
:rotfl2: .....

ranjit_g
24th September 2006, 12:39 AM

dravid can b aggressive when the situation demands.
dravid once scored an ODI 50 off 22 balls.he has scores of 153 and 145 in odis which shows he can b aggressive when required.but he cant b compared with sachin in odis.sachin and viv r the greatest odi batsmen ever produced.but in tests,i beleieve lara and dravid r better batsmen than sachin

ranjit_g
24th September 2006, 12:41 AM
Brian Lara's record-breaking 400 not out against England last week left many grasping for superlatives, but it appears Australian captain Ricky Ponting was left nonplussed by the West Indian captain's motives.

After former England captain Tony Greig branded the innings as selfish on the weekend, Ponting yesterday indicated he was of a similar mind over Lara's effort.

Ponting said Lara's near 13-hour knock may have cost the West Indies a long-awaited victory in the fourth Test in Antigua.

After the West Indies made 5-751 in the first innings before declaring midway through day three, England made 285 and was forced to follow on. But the visitors held on comfortably for the draw at 5-422, winning the series 3-0.

"Their whole first innings might have been geared around one individual performance, and they could have let a Test match slip because of it," Ponting said of the West Indies. "They ran out of time in the game. That's not the way the Australian team plays."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Although he was part of the team that celebrated Matthew Hayden's 380 (10 hours 22 minutes) against Zimbabwe last October, Ponting said it was unlikely an Australian would break the new record due to his side's emphasis on winning.

"It's hard to imagine an Australian player doing it, just for the way we play our cricket."

aussie idiots.
if they done care abt records,y didnt steve waugh declare in the test match against zim b4 hayden got out?

ranjit_g
24th September 2006, 12:49 AM
Viv also had one advantage which SUnny did not have ...that he need not face Holding, Marshal, Roberts, Croft, Garner......
it was not viv,s fault that he didnt face the gr8 WI fast bowlers.he has scored against the likes of lillee,thomson,imran,akram and hadlee.may rate him as the best player of fast bowling ever.so i dont think he wud have had any pblms facing them.

sunny is technically sound than viv or sachin or lara or steve waugh.....

he may b technically superior to sachin or viv,but he was an ultimate bore.i'd love 2 watch viv,sachin or lara bat over sunny any day

Music4Ever
24th September 2006, 02:13 AM
Sachin is the best Indian one day batsman but quite unreliable in Tests (ater 2001 for Tests). Check Sachin's batting stats in ODI finals. For the hype that he seems to get India should have won a WC when he is playing! If victory is a team effort, as indeed it is, then we should stop elevating Sachin to cult status. The recent series is yet another example of how Sachin dazzles initially and then sucks mostly. He is a talented batsman who can get into his groove much quickly than others -- only when the attack is not top class, though. When the attack is top rated, however, Sachin can still do well but with less frequency and with more difficulty. In Sachin's support it must also be said that Lara is also like that.

ranjit_g
24th September 2006, 11:00 PM
Sachin is the best Indian one day batsman but quite unreliable in Tests (ater 2001 for Tests). Check Sachin's batting stats in ODI finals. For the hype that he seems to get India should have won a WC when he is playing! If victory is a team effort, as indeed it is, then we should stop elevating Sachin to cult status. The recent series is yet another example of how Sachin dazzles initially and then sucks mostly. He is a talented batsman who can get into his groove much quickly than others -- only when the attack is not top class, though. When the attack is top rated, however, Sachin can still do well but with less frequency and with more difficulty. In Sachin's support it must also be said that Lara is also like that.
sachin has scored against top class bowlers like akram,mcgrath,murali and warne.so has lara.

manuel
25th September 2006, 02:27 PM
Among all time cricket legend Ganguly never comes in to picture.

1)Viv Richards
2)Sachin Tendulkar
3)Brian Lara
4)Sunil Gavaskar.
5)Steve waugh

Rahul Dravid i hope should also fina place there in the top very soon.

asan
25th September 2006, 02:36 PM

1)Viv Richards
2)Sachin Tendulkar
3)Brian Lara
4)Sunil Gavaskar.
5)Steve waugh

Rahul Dravid i hope should also find place there in the top very soon.then where will u include bradman,azhar

Nakeeran
25th September 2006, 02:41 PM

1)Viv Richards
2)Sachin Tendulkar
3)Brian Lara
4)Sunil Gavaskar.
5)Steve waugh

Rahul Dravid i hope should also find place there in the top very soon.then where will u include bradman,azhar

Vitrunga avara :evil:

Avaru listula Bradman kooda vara mataaru :lol:

Andha alavukku listu kodukuraru pavam. He was focussed on Ganguly may be :wink:

GARY SOBERSnu oruvar irukiraar enbadhaiye naam marandhu vitom :cry:

Wonder why Javed Mianded or Graham Gooch doesnt feature !

nilavupriyan
25th September 2006, 08:15 PM
leave out bradman!

hez on the top ..why should we consider the ever - considered best batsman again and again!

the other players would be

sobers,richards,sachin,lara,sunil gavaskar

ranjit_g
30th September 2006, 08:33 PM

1)Viv Richards
2)Sachin Tendulkar
3)Brian Lara
4)Sunil Gavaskar.
5)Steve waugh

include azhar among all time gr8s???????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

villan007
1st October 2006, 01:06 AM
include azhar among all time gr8s???????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

not an all time player but one of the best in india :D

wristy flicks lam summa sooper-a aaduvaaru 8-)

Nakeeran
30th November 2006, 02:31 PM
As per Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting is next to Bradman :shock: :D

Ofcourse, there is a truth behind this statement .

This guy has been scoring runs in tons AND THAT TOO AS A CAPTAIN

ABOVE ALL, HE SCORES RUNS WHEN ITS NEEDED THE MOST

HE LEADS BY EXAMPLE TO HIS TEAMMATES .

Today Ricky Ponting is the greatest batsman who actually is a silent performer.

Despite his monumental feats, HE WAS NEVER WORSHIPPED AS A GOD

Because he is another human being who like any other cricketer also fails and will fail soon

anilbakshi
1st December 2006, 11:48 AM
The above attempt to RATE Sachin Tendulkar is too plural and plurality will keep on spiralling with bias (s) of one's own favorites.

I fact, Sachin's rating is too big a subject to be handled like this. Even LARA himself, Steeve waugh's steel, AKRAM's angles, and BARRY's resolve individually and put altogether could not sum up Sachin ever, and would never be.

The only negatives in Sachin were keeping friends like Kamli, too prolonged obsession with mumbai cricket, and over indulgence in taking team pressure.

Sachin is a phenomenon. A true MAN behind cricketing MACHINES (animate or inanimate).