PDA

View Full Version : MAKKAL THILAGAM MGR !!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:54 PM
:grin:

sari i am going.

btw, :wink:

I wont say mgr had performance
but
he had mass appeal.
a magnetic undeniable appeal.

Even I cant escape that aura :smile:

bye ppl cheers :wave:

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:55 PM
en ipdi urundu urundu sirikareenga :grin:
kaali kovil (kamal :thumbsup: ) venduthal nu kooda vechukalam

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:56 PM
sp akka !
neenga aasai nooru vagai song paathirukeengala from adutha varisu...
athula dance-a paaathiirkeengala....
:banghead:
neways song is a big hit....

villain,

neenga mgr mannathi mannan la padminiyoda pottiya........

oru dance aaduvar parthirukeengala.

anyway song is a big hit too.

That dance is much better than what Rajini danced in a 'Poatti song' with Kushboo and a similiar dance in 'Poo maalai' song of Thanga mahan. Without dancing in those songs he wins those competition. Rajini really danced extra ordianry to beat Kushboo.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:56 PM
bye sp akka. :wave:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:57 PM
What is this SP. Do u want to say for the 'Pudhiya vaanam' song MGR has to act like shivaji did. I can point some movies of Shivaji which he tried to do some bharatha naatyam kind of stuff and also trying stunt scenes which looks like comedy. That does not prove that MGR is a bad actor.

thiru,

for puthiya vaanam he need not act. but for most of his pathos songs too he did the same hand swining movement :rotfl:

SP,
I am not sure what are songs you talks abt. I could recollect some songs like 'Pudhiya vaanam', 'Atho antha', 'naan aanayittal' for those songs i feel the movement he showed is nothing bad.
By the if you talk abt dance steps is rajini does any dance steps?

RAJNI does better dancing comparitively.

No specific sonngs. 99 percent of his songs he had the same HAND MOMENTS :rotfl:

I am told, they dont HAVE actual TAKES for those movies. THEY JUST HAD IT RECORDED IN ONE MOVIE AND PLAYED THE SAME FOR 10 YEARS

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:58 PM
dign.

whats kamal venduthal @ villain

end dign.

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:59 PM
dign.

whats kamal venduthal @ villain

end dign.
saw MX film ? then u would know it :D

Shakthiprabha.
11th January 2006, 12:00 AM
I did :? .

may be i will see it again :wink:

villan007
11th January 2006, 12:01 AM
@ sp akka
innum thoongala :shock:

Shakthiprabha.
11th January 2006, 12:01 AM
k bye all.

thiru, nilavu, great, villain.

no hard feelings. :wave:

Shakthiprabha.
11th January 2006, 12:02 AM
Tomm due to bakrid holiday for my duaghter.
hus has meeting so no packing lunch and bf.

so i would get up late :grin:

Shakthiprabha.
11th January 2006, 12:03 AM
shhhhhhhhh end dign.

this aint chat thread.

bye

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 12:12 AM
What so ever MGR is not a good actor.When it comes to acting he is zero.This is my opinion

I am not sure on how many movies you watched on MGR. Whatsoever no actor is Zero. Everybody has talents. Without any talent in acting he would not survived in cine world for a long time. People are not fools.
:(
I m sorry..i strongly believe educated people supported Shivaji rather than MGR at that time.All Illiterates loved MGR for his gimmicks.You people telling that MGR is better than Rajini may be in political perspective but not at all in acting department.6-il irundhu 60 varai is a small example for Rajinikanth and his acting capabilities.Only thing we have to appreciate is that MGR learned the pulse of the people.His target was once again B and C class.
Yes Thirumaran i almost saw 70% of MGR movies.I dont find any difference at all.Nilavu if u like MGR you should like Rajni,Ajith &Vijay.I m not comparing them but it seems that you like heroisms

I differ from your view. Many of the rich people liked Shivaji than MGR. When it comes to those who are not finacially good likes MGR more than Shivaji.
Literate or illetrate materials is not applicable i think. There are several literates liked MGR. Atleast i have seen many. Definetly i am not a illetrate. And if you feel all the illetrates dont know anything, then go with your view. The illetrates also have world knowledge. There may be some exceptions. If you say '6-il irundhu 60 varai ' as an example for Rajini, I can say 'Paasam', 'Naan Yaen piranthaen', 'Kaanchi thalaivan' as examples for MGR's Talent.
I heard about B and C centres. Not sure about what u refer to B or C grade people. For me there are two grades. High and Low. The high and low grade is based on the characters.

It does not mean that MGR fans has to like Rajini, Vijay and Ajit. MGR had some good principles. That is one reason I like him more than his acting talents. Also whatever he said in On screen he did most of the thing off screen also. Dont bring others.
They just keep on saying some unnessary things.

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 12:16 AM
By the way i too like Rajini. Same applicable to Ajit and Vijay. But of the late I hate some of the recent vijay movies.
Vijay fans please do not come for a fight.
I am done today.

:D

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 12:22 AM
k bye all.

thiru, nilavu, great, villain.

no hard feelings. :wave:

:wave:

Bye, Bye. Hope of the late you would have had a good time pass.

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 02:03 AM
Coming back to original topic.

This one i read in Kumudam(some 10 years ago).

Kumudam was interviewing the family of MGR's brother.

This was the incident they told in that.

During a birthday celebration of one of MGR's brother's son/daughter, they planned to cut the cake and celebrate as we do today following western culture. MGR advised them that eating cake is fine. But not to switch off the candles as it is not the tamil culture. Instead of that lighten a kuthu vilakku for these kind of celebrations.
Also instead of singing 'Happy birthday' do something in tamil for this.
They followed that in the following years.

He was during election times bashed as a Non Tamilian. But the respect he gave for this culture was really a great thing.

People may come and argue that he did that with polictical purpose.
But this thing is not known till his life time. It came out after his death only.

Also quite some years before there was a thodar article every week in the Magazine 'Baakya'. The name of that is 'Ettaavathu vallal'. That came for several weeks. So many known and unknown personalities praised on MGR and his good doings and the great help they got from MGR.

He is really a great personality without any doubt
:thumbsup:

joe
11th January 2006, 08:13 AM
Kamal reached more heights than Shivaji- Silly!

That is not silly my dear. However I will talk about this in a latter time.
:)
No need thanks! Dont teach me!

I believe i am not teaching anything. Definetly kamal is more popular than shivaji, more versatile and to add to that got hell and lots of awards to prove that.

I have greater respect for shivaji. As he is the one to a certain extent responsible for the heights of Kamal.

Thirumurugan,
Me too a kamal fan..But I can't agree that Kamal reached the height of sivaji in acting ..hell no..Sure kamal is more talented and multitalented personality ..But in acting department ,he he..only in dreams kamal can reach sivaji .

Eventhough ,I have no respect for these awards ,for the arguement sake ,sivaji is the actor got Asia-african best actor award and chevaliar award from France .We know the credibility of national awards and film fare awards ..don't compare GOLD with Pithalai.

tacinema
11th January 2006, 09:16 AM
Thirumaran,

Seems you were pretty hot today, bashing every actors from Sivaji to Rajini.

Some of your arguments were totally ridiculous, especially saying Kamal is better than Sivaji in acting. Thanks god, you did not say that MGR was a better actor than Sivaji!! Just because you are a MGR fan, do not ridicule sivaji. Sivaji is one actor that every tamilian should feel proud of. Just because Sivaji is a tamilian, and because of petty politics, he never got due recognition. Look at the recognition Sivaji got from other countries, just great. Sivaji was a trend setter, he gave a new revolutionary definition to acting. In reel life, MGR never set any trend, except indulging every other artist job, like musicians, lyricist and singers. If MGR were acting today, he wouldn't survive even a day!! He was extremely lucky that he got musicians like MSV and lyricist Vaali. Today artists wouldn't tolerate this kind of interference. I have heard MGR was always late in movie shooting; he wanted to make sure that every artist would wait for him. On other other hand, Sivaji was known for dedication and punctuality. Sivaji made a lasting impression with most of his movies, for eg. VP Kattabomman. Tell me one MGR movie which made a great impression; even USV is good only for great songs. In USV, in fact, Ashokan did a better job than MGR.

Among MGR movies, the following are OK:

1. Malai Kallan
2. Nadodi Mannan
3. Mahadevi
4. Anbe vaa

Other movies are just "SELF PURANAS", like Thengai Srinivasan praising MGR on every alternative scene!! MGR made pretty low class movies, during the end of his movie career, such as Idhaykkani, Nalai namadhe, Uzhaikkum Karangal and so on. In all these movies, no doubt, heroines such as latha were exposed in an erotic way. Even at the end of his career, Sivaji gave classics such as Mudhal mariyadhai and Devar Magan.

Comparing MGR with Rajini, definitely Rajini was far better actor. Some of his movies prove this: 6-to-60, Bhuvan oru ?, Johnny, Dhalapathy and so on. Sivaji and Rajini can beat MGR in any department, especially in comedy.

One thing I will admit: Sivaji was disaster in politics. The reason was Sivaji did not know how to act in real life, though he was exellent in reel life.

On the other hand, MGR was very good in manipulating people and became a better politician. He used cinema exclusively for political purpose and he won. He was a better person compared to other politicians in that time. But as a CM, his performance was dismal compared to the great Kamaraj.

So, as an actor MGR was disaster and as a politican, he was just fine. So, just because you are a MGR fan, do not ridicule Sivaji. Feel proud of Sivaji as a great actor, the way North Indians feel great about Amitabh. Learn something from others!!

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 09:18 AM
ungalukku enga valikkuthu avar vantha enna? varlainna enna?

If u want u vote else dont. Every person has right to enter politics or stay away from it. INCLUDING U OR ME.

and DONT REMIND ME OF MGR'S actions for songs.

gudugudunnu ooooooodi vanthu left hand neeti....... (first oru line.........)

then he would extend his right hand to point out another direction (sing next line)

rajni periya prabhu deva maadhri aadi kilichitaru!

m.g.r is a better dancer than rajni :lol:

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 09:20 AM
joe...how did u forget the kamal's "best asian actor" award twice and he is the producer & director of the "best asian film" once

kamal is surely at the heights of shivaji!

Alien
11th January 2006, 09:21 AM
Guys pls Kamal & Shivaji r not related to this thread by any mean, so don't compare Shivaji & Kamal here.........so was Rajni, but he had comparisons with MGR........ :roll:

Justice
11th January 2006, 09:26 AM
ungalukku enga valikkuthu avar vantha enna? varlainna enna?

If u want u vote else dont. Every person has right to enter politics or stay away from it. INCLUDING U OR ME.

and DONT REMIND ME OF MGR'S actions for songs.

gudugudunnu ooooooodi vanthu left hand neeti....... (first oru line.........)

then he would extend his right hand to point out another direction (sing next line)

still this was better than others raising their hands with cigar between their fingers :evil:

joe
11th January 2006, 09:33 AM
joe...how did u forget the kamal's "best asian actor" award twice and he is the producer & director of the "best asian film" once

kamal is surely at the heights of shivaji!

Nilavu,
Hope you know how much I love kamal,just like you..Even if it is true that kamal own twice 'Best actor ' award asian level ,it won't match 'Chelaviar' ,which is more prestegious from France after 6 years of research they decided to give it to sivaji ,and 'asian-african award.

Btw,I thought kamal movies got award in asian level ,not kamal as an actor got award..If you give more details and links ,if any ,I will be happy to read it as a kamal fan.

If I started to write how sivaji is more in height ,it will go on and on .I will be happy if kamal reaches sivaji's height ..But till now ,it has not happened and i bleive it won't happen..even kamal knows ,not reaching sivaji's height ,even reaching to the level of sivaji's successor is the achivement..Kamal is very proud about it.

Nerd
11th January 2006, 09:48 AM
:thumbsup: @ tacinema.. the most sensible post..

I can just :rotfl: when someone says MGR can act.. and thirumaaran thanks for tickling me :lol:

also as Joe had said KH is yet to reach the heights of shivaji in acting.. RK is any day better than MGR when it comes to acting.. we need not take 6-60 etc.., as examples.. even a athisiyap piRavi is enough :)

and balaji USV???????? never had I seen a dumb movie being elevated to extraordinary levels :lol:

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 09:51 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamal_Haasan

joe....see this link..kamal have won best actor award!

shivaji got shevazhiye at 70

kamal have a long time

Justice
11th January 2006, 09:53 AM

kamal have a long time

there's nothing to worry about, nilavu
Kamal has time
but the fact is, he's the best NOW :notworthy:

joe
11th January 2006, 10:07 AM

kamal have a long time

Nilavu,
Thanks for the link.I am happy about it.

sivaji won 'Best asian-african actor' award in 1956 for Veerapandiya kattabomman .'Chevaliar' award is for not any particular movie ,but for his life time achivement.

Btw,have you noticed one strange thing ..Both sagara sangamam and swathi muthyam didn't bring him national award ,but international award as an actor ..same way 'Veera pandiya kattabomman' brought sivaji 'asian-african' best actor award ,but not national award.

National awards are much influenced by politics and lobby .

nageswara roa got dada sake palke award when PV narasimma rao was PM ,Rajkumar got dadasake palke award when Devakowda was PM ..Sivaji (Nageswara Rao and rajkumar treated sivaji as their guru and they know they can't match sivaji in any aspect) got this award later only ,delay is because of politics and there was no lobby in centre.So I don't have much respect for National awards..It is obivous when sivaji couldn't get one when MGR managed to get one.

I don't want to argue further ,since there is no scale to measure acting ability,it is one's individual opinion ..even people people can argue ramarajan is better actor than sivaji ,who can stiop them .

In my opinion Kamal hassan is best all rounder in cinee industry so far ,but as an actor ,he is second to sivaji.

NTR
11th January 2006, 10:09 AM
Vaatiyarai patti yaarum kathaikathingo...

joe
11th January 2006, 10:15 AM
And Regarding MGR and rajini..

Rajini is surely better in acting compare to MGR ,whereas MGR is better all rounder compare to rajini.

Even though Rajini and MGR almost equal in entertainment and crwod pulling ,Rajini's fans are more rasigars ,whereas MGR fans are more Paktharkal.

Both MGR and rajini has their own unique way of attracting mass .MGR's popularity among people is unbeleivable ,apart from his political influence.

Good thing about rajini is ..even though he follows MGR's foosteps as a mass entertainer ,Rajini didn't follow MGR style of acting ,but he follows his own style,that is why he is succesful

NTR
11th January 2006, 10:19 AM
MGR is a great director, Great Screenplay writer and Great Editor himself..

RajaRam
11th January 2006, 01:37 PM
patha vacha thee nalla pathikiche....

Hi all shivaji fans,

Every one has limitations in some area....

if you see shivaji's action movies, it would be very horrible.
shivaji's expression would be very worst.

Have you seen shivaji's early 80's movies like 1)pattakathi pairavan,2)Tharmaraja 3)Theerppu etc?

He could not survive in 80's trend. all his movies bombed badly in BO and ran only 2 or 3 week.

only MM did well in BO.

So is it mean that Shivaji was not good actor?

some one have said that MGR was poor in dancing,acting etc..

in 60's nobody(heroes) has dancing talent.
but in 'adaludan padalaikketten'(kudiirundhal koil) song he did extremely well.

in acting I agree that in character role shivaji was better than MGR.
but it is not mean that MGR was zero in character role.

That time he was not interested to character role. he prefered only action movies.rarely he did some movies like
panakkara kudumbam and Anbe vaa etc...

Hi Rajini fans...

Please don't tell that Rajini acted well in 6 to 60,mullum larum puvan etc.

any one can do that role.

IMO Sivakumar acted well than Rajini kanth.
Have you seen Rosappu ravikkaikari, sindhu pairavi etc...

Bhagyaraj has acted well in oru kai osai,mouna geethangal,andha 7 naatkal etc...

Rajini is just like that...

Don't compare MGR with Rajini at any aspect...

50,60's and 70,80's are totally different trend.

can you imagine Rajini in any Raja get up like what MGR did in NM,mahadevi and kanchi thalaivan etc..?

ippo Rajini-ya andha getup-la ninaikkum podhu enakku sirippu thanga mudiyale....

Every one knows the dancing talent of Rajini.:lol:

Don't compare mass appeal of MGR with Rajini..

in 70's TN population was 4 crores where as now population was around 8 crores.

MGR never did movie for every 4 years.
every year he released 3 to 4 movie minimum.

80% of MGR movies became super dooper hit....

MGR became mass hero due to his talent.
Rajini became mass hero due to his luck.

joe
11th January 2006, 01:55 PM
Rajaram,
Unnecessarly you are calling sivaji fans ,while no sivaji fan degrade MGR here ,even I praised MGR.

Sivaji failed in some action movies(no actor is exception) ,but he succeed in many action movies too ,but MGR attempted sivaji type movies and failed miserably and never attempt to do the same (Eg Pasam ,Petral thaan pillaiya are somehow sivaji type movies which are flops)

Sivaji was director's actor ,who never interfere other's job .in 80's many directors gave carp movies with sivaji,which are low level compare to sivaji's credibility ..Only Bharathiraja and Kamalhassan gave him roles suits his calibre and the world knows how he excelled in that shut the mouth of his critics blaming him he is doing drama act.

RajaRam
11th January 2006, 03:53 PM
Joe,

Here I am not degrading Shivaji. I am talking about the fact. read my post once again.

but he succeed in many action movies too.

Can you give atleast 5 movies?

RajaRam
11th January 2006, 04:17 PM
un beleievable fact about MGR.

since malaikallan(1952) to MMSP(1977), he maintained the same size body.

Nerd
11th January 2006, 04:42 PM
if u say that sivakumar is a better actor than RK, then MGR cant even hold a candle to prashant when it comes to acting :rotfl:

I know pretty well that SK is a good actor but u saying that RK dint act well in 6-60 et all shows how good is the quality of your other arguments, so its better to stay away from you :rotfl:

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 04:43 PM
cant sivakumar perform 6 irundhu 60 varai?

can rajni perform a sindhu bairavi? :roll:

S.Balaji
11th January 2006, 04:45 PM
God....

I just opened the net and found 6 pages !! great guys...

Now back to Stranger .....

Dear Stranger

Please explain the 2 scenes of RK movies :

1. The super model taxi ( Lakshmi ) in Padikaadhavan and RK regularly chatting with that Lakshmi
2. In rajavukku raja naandhaan song, the tax goes up and down climbing like anything and getting down so easily over buildings
3. The Valparai varadhan in Rajadhi raja doing all PC sircar type magic

IS THERE IS ANY LOGIC IN RK MOVIES ??

Besides, there are dozens of RK movies without any logic....

Nerd
11th January 2006, 04:47 PM
IMO, for RK MM, moonRu mudichchu, baatsha are THE best and those roles can be done only by him .. 6-60 isnt anything special and I can qoute a few KH roles which can be done by others..

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 04:49 PM
only 3 movies in 30 year film career? :lol:

S.Balaji
11th January 2006, 04:49 PM
Nilavu

IMO 6 to 60 was not that great acting by RK. There are better movies of RK....
It was a nice story which RK acted and thats it....
Honestly, there was nothing special in RK's acting in that movie except that there were no fight scenes and his customary cigarette style or any mannerism....

I think RK did better as Raghavendra ...a diametrically opposite role for his traits and style......he did extremely well....

Another movie could be Netrikann....

RK playing a comedy role could be from Thillu mullu ....I enjoy watching the senior guy character...pretending to be very innocent

Nerd
11th January 2006, 04:51 PM
I already gave a list of 20+ best movies of rajini where he showed his acting skills in some other thread.. also I would be surprised if those MGR-hailers (more than that RK-bashers) can come up with atleast 3 movies where MGR has *acted*

S.Balaji
11th January 2006, 04:53 PM
Probably the best action movie for RK could be BAADSHA.....

For old timers, it was BILLA

Another thing IMO, whenever RK and KH had acted together, RK had excelled and had outperformed KH ...
I mean RK's role was more popular compared to KH's

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 04:55 PM
Probably the best action movie for RK could be BAADSHA.....

For old timers, it was BILLA

Another thing IMO, whenever RK and KH had acted together, RK had excelled and had outperformed KH ...

that depends on role!

normally a cameo will reach the audience than the main role :huh:

in gf1 evryone liked sonny charecter than vito corleone!..thats natural!

Alien
11th January 2006, 05:45 PM
Nilavu has given THE answer !
KH was the HERO in those movies, so he was more often doing the same routine whereas, RK had secondary/villanic/cameo roles , which naturally made his role more interesting.....Ofcourse, had Sivakumar or Jayshankar done those RK roles, it wouldn't have been received like this...RK's star value, & his charisma & presence , which quite equals KH's , made it quite different from others.......
Still there r exceptions like 16 vayathinile, which, CHAPPANI , stands as the hallmark for fine acting & versatility yet !!!

Nerd
11th January 2006, 05:52 PM

Replace RK with tamil and there wont be any difference.... I can point atleast 10 logical errors in any tamil movie I have seen.. more in RK/MGR movies.. but who cares as long as its entertaining :)

Sanguine Sridhar
11th January 2006, 05:56 PM

Replace RK with tamil and there wont be any difference.... I can point atleast 10 logical errors in any tamil movie I have seen.. more in RK/MGR movies.. but who cares as long as its entertaining :)
Exactly! Why people are searching logic in entertainers? I am not sure! Anyways they are not going to give award like Oscar then why you need logic?

Alien
11th January 2006, 05:59 PM
What does that mean? :rotfl: doesn't that sound ridiculous ?? Sure, any tamil film could have a logic mistake atleast, but they should try to eliminate such obvious pitfalls and produce more sensible.....
Then why do u pan Thiruppaachis ? :huh:

S.Balaji
11th January 2006, 06:03 PM

This is what I precisely wanted from you Kasi...

WHEN YOU ARE ANALYSING BOTH MGR AND RK MOVIES PURELY ON ENTERTAINMENT BASIS, THEN IMO, MAKKAL THILAGAM MOVIES ARE STILL STILL FAR MORE ENTERTAINING EVEN TODAY COMPARED TO RK MOVIES OF YESTER YEARS...

Will you see the old masala movies of RK now ?? Kalee, Billa etc etc are not to be seen around but MGR movies are still being seen extensively

Sanguine Sridhar
11th January 2006, 06:08 PM
What does that mean? :rotfl: doesn't that sound ridiculous ?? Sure, any tamil film could have a logic mistake atleast, but they should try to eliminate such obvious pitfalls and produce more sensible.....
Then why do u pan Thiruppaachis ? :huh:
Def not! Well lets take movie called "Avvai Shanmughi" it is an entertainer.Well dont you think there is no logical mistake at all? Guna is something very classic not entertainer.We dont need any logic at all because its a class movie.If you direct movie with all classical stuff then Kollywood would turn out to Malayalam cine industry.To be fair there are equal amount of audience in Tamil Nadu who loves masala movies without which Sivakasi or Thirupachi wont be a hit.So those kind of audience will kick movies like Anbey Shivam or Guna.Then what will the poor producer will do.IMO Masala movies should be produced in an equal level to the classic movie.If not Kollywood cine industry will die.Vasanth broader your view,think not only what you will like but think about all centers A,B,C.

RajaRam
11th January 2006, 06:10 PM
ellorum vandhacha...
start pannalama...?

Alien
11th January 2006, 06:13 PM
Anyways they are not going to give award like Oscar then why you need logic?
I'm asking that...then why did u pan Thiruppaachi or Sivakasi ? ...I'm sure u ridiculed them.....didn't u? :huh:

Don't say "why u need logic?"...........I found that strange........Every movie needs logic......

RajaRam
11th January 2006, 06:15 PM
Kasi,

If you think that Rajini has done excellent acting in Baasha,6 to 60,mullum malarum etc.

IMO MGR has done excellent acting in NM,Mannadhi mannan,Mahadevi,kulepahavali,Arasilankumari,Adimai pen and so many movies...

Sanguine Sridhar
11th January 2006, 06:18 PM
Anyways they are not going to give award like Oscar then why you need logic?
I'm asking that...then why did u pan Thiruppaachi or Sivakasi ? ...I'm sure u ridiculed them.....didn't u? :huh:

Don't say "why u need logic?"...........I found that strange........Every movie needs logic......
Ofcourse i did! But thats my personal perception.Btw,I never ever talked about the logical stuff in those movies? Did i? I dont think so? IMHO Masala entertainers dont need any logic.

S.Balaji
11th January 2006, 06:28 PM
If you guys are analysing MG and RK purely as entertainers , definitely IMO, MG stands way ahead ...

A adimai penn or Ragasiya police 115 or Maatukara velan or Enga veetu pillai of the 60s is being watched even today \

as compared to

Rk's Kalee, Muthu etc

Alien
11th January 2006, 06:29 PM
Ofcourse i did! But thats my personal perception.Btw,I never ever talked about the logical stuff in those movies? Did i? I dont think so? IMHO Masala entertainers dont need any logic.
Ok,but if I ask u to elaborate on why u ridiculed it, might not it end in logics :?: .......Anyway, isn't there a limit , on how far u can discard logics ?.......... I feel, there should b a limit...... :D

Sanguine Sridhar
11th January 2006, 06:31 PM
Ok,but if I ask u to elaborate on why u ridiculed it, might not it end in logics :?: .......Anyway, isn't there a limit , on how far u can discard logics ?.......... I feel, there should b a limit...... :D
Peace! 8-)

Alien
11th January 2006, 06:34 PM
Peace! 8-)
:notworthy: 8-)

RajaRam
11th January 2006, 06:52 PM
I don't know why all Rajini fans are praising about Baasha.

If you see the Baasha climax scene, It looks like pakka comedy movie.:banghead:

S.Balaji
11th January 2006, 07:08 PM
Rajaram

Sans the climax , I enjoyed watching Basha especially the scene when RK rips apart Anandaraj and that too the shot when he removes the pumpset !

Basha was one of the fast paced movies of RK

RajaRam
11th January 2006, 07:21 PM
some of MGR's good entertainment movies.

1)kudierundha koil
2)mattukara velan.
3)Aaierathil oruvan.
4)adimai pen.
5)Anbe vaa.
6)padakotti.
7)Enga vettu pillai.
8)Ricksha karan.
9)Ragasiya police 115.
10)parakkum pavai.
11)USV.

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 07:40 PM
Thirumaran,

Some of your arguments were totally ridiculous, especially saying Kamal is better than Sivaji in acting. Thanks god, you did not say that MGR was a better actor than Sivaji!! Just because you are a MGR fan, do not ridicule sivaji. Sivaji is one actor that every tamilian should feel proud of. Just because Sivaji is a tamilian, and because of petty politics, he never got due recognition. Look at the recognition Sivaji got from other countries, just great. Sivaji was a trend setter, he gave a new revolutionary definition to acting. In reel life, MGR never set any trend, except indulging every other artist job, like musicians, lyricist and singers. If MGR were acting today, he wouldn't survive even a day!! He was extremely lucky that he got musicians like MSV and lyricist Vaali. Today artists wouldn't tolerate this kind of interference. I have heard MGR was always late in movie shooting; he wanted to make sure that every artist would wait for him. On other other hand, Sivaji was known for dedication and punctuality. Sivaji made a lasting impression with most of his movies, for eg. VP Kattabomman. Tell me one MGR movie which made a great impression; even USV is good only for great songs. In USV, in fact, Ashokan did a better job than MGR.

1. Malai Kallan
2. Nadodi Mannan
3. Mahadevi
4. Anbe vaa

Other movies are just "SELF PURANAS", like Thengai Srinivasan praising MGR on every alternative scene!! MGR made pretty low class movies, during the end of his movie career, such as Idhaykkani, Nalai namadhe, Uzhaikkum Karangal and so on. In all these movies, no doubt, heroines such as latha were exposed in an erotic way. Even at the end of his career, Sivaji gave classics such as Mudhal mariyadhai and Devar Magan.

Comparing MGR with Rajini, definitely Rajini was far better actor. Some of his movies prove this: 6-to-60, Bhuvan oru ?, Johnny, Dhalapathy and so on. Sivaji and Rajini can beat MGR in any department, especially in comedy.

One thing I will admit: Sivaji was disaster in politics. The reason was Sivaji did not know how to act in real life, though he was exellent in reel life.

On the other hand, MGR was very good in manipulating people and became a better politician. He used cinema exclusively for political purpose and he won. He was a better person compared to other politicians in that time. But as a CM, his performance was dismal compared to the great Kamaraj.

So, as an actor MGR was disaster and as a politican, he was just fine. So, just because you are a MGR fan, do not ridicule Sivaji. Feel proud of Sivaji as a great actor, the way North Indians feel great about Amitabh. Learn something from others!!

Hi,
First of all i was never interested in any fights. I several times insisted the same not to discuss abt other actors in this thread. Since people started i did not had any option but to continue.

Did i say kamal was better actor than shivaji. I am not sure. I think i said kamal reached more heights than shivaji.

Is that not true?

Do u think Shivaji is popular than Kamal. Do you think shivaji is versatile like kamal? The kind of roles kamal did i believe shivaji could have never done.
Eg. Roles like the one in Salangai oli, 16 vayathinilae..
Shivaji can never excel in action roles or roles involving dance.
Like that there are other areas where kamal excelled shivaji could have never excelled. That is what i meant.
If you point only to acting area which does not need any other extra talent then shivaji is definetly better. But i definetly believe with some kind of home work kamal also can excel in the roles what shivaji excelled. But the reverse is not possible.

The kind of recognition shivaji got even kamal also got. And kamal is more popular than shivaji in Foreign countries also. He is quite known among the people whose mother tongue is not thamizh.

Shivaji was a trend setter. Yes. That is what i said. Kamal followed the footsteps of kamal.

I did not start bashing on shivaji. Somebody brought abt the dance movement shivaji did which was better than MGR. I replied for that only.

You only now bashing MGR. Do you know one thing. Normally MGR films takes more time due to his other commitment in politics. But the technicians works in MGR movie starting from light boy to director loves to work in his film. Beacause MGR could bring more wages and other benefits for them either from the producer or from himself. The kind of popularity he had within and outside the cine industry due to his generosity no actor had.

I dont want to talk abt politics. If we start then that will never end.

I admit that Shivaji was better than shivaji. I never denied that.
But i dont accept Rajini is better than MGR.

I have already given several good movies of MGR even others did so. So go and watch them.

Dont you think heroines are expose only in MGR movies, not in shivaji, Rajini or any other. I fell sorry for you.

If you say the movies mentioned by you are low i can point some movies of other actors which can be graded as lowest class.

since you wanted only one movie which can make a impact i am pointing only one.

Go and watch Nadodi Mannan. The overall talent of MGR will come there. It will definetly make an impact.

MGR tried Character roles in some movies, he did a pretty good job and since they bombed in box office he did not repeat. But his movies always carried some good messages to the public.

I did not ridicule shivaji. I pointed certain of his weakness.

If i list my favourite actors in the past 50 years the list is

1. MGR
2. Kamal
3. Shivaji
4. Rajini

S.Balaji
11th January 2006, 08:55 PM
Thirumaran...

Digression....

Since you mentioned about Shivaji-Kamal on 16 years and Salangai...
Have you seen Baga pirivinai and Padikaatha medhai... This will answer your doubts on 16 years Kamal vs Shivaji

Have you seen Paatum barathamum.... This will answer your questions on Salangai oli ....Indeed Shivaji did some Barathanatyam also in that movie....

End digression

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 09:06 PM
Thirumaran...

Digression....

Have you seen Baga pirivinai and Padikaatha medhai... This will answer your doubts on 16 years Kamal vs Shivaji

Have you seen Paatum barathamum.... This will answer your questions on Salangai oli ....Indeed Shivaji did some Barathanatyam also in that movie....

End digression

Hi Balaji,
I have not seen Paatum barathamum. But i have seen shivaji trying to do bharata naatyam in Thiruvilayadal or some other Bhakti movies. Please dont say that shivaji can do bharata or any other dance. He could have tried to his level best but it will never match Kamal's dance. Shivaji can never excel in action movies. In action movies he will definetly excel in the parts where dialogue and body language plays a part. If action sequences come then i dont want to say. Even you may know that.

Padikaatha Methai i have seen quite long ago. However in my opinion 16 vayathinilae had a excellent natual performances from every actor including rajini. In Padikaatha Methai shivaji definitely overdone his role in some scenes.

Dont take in the sense that i am bashing Shivaji. Once again i state that I have greater respect for shivaji.

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 09:49 PM
Thirumaran...

Digression....

End digression

this is too much balaji!

shivaji is a tremendous actor!..but dont compare his dance with kamal's..that too baratha naatiyam!

may be shivaji is good in one portion of baratha naatiyam..."shringaram"

he is nowhere near kamal is dance!

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 09:50 PM
padikadha medhai performance is really great!

Nerd
11th January 2006, 10:02 PM
I admit that Shivaji was better than shivaji.

Sums it up :rotfl:

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 10:03 PM

nilavupriyan
11th January 2006, 10:06 PM

did he mean only shivaji is better than shivaji :D

Thirumaran
11th January 2006, 10:13 PM

did he mean only shivaji is better than shivaji :D

I meant to say Shivaji was better than MGR. By the way Shivaji is far ahead in acting department alone.

Shakthiprabha.
11th January 2006, 10:17 PM
Shivaji is NOT a good dancer. :sad:

stranger
12th January 2006, 02:29 AM
Thirumaran,

1. Malai Kallan
2. Nadodi Mannan
3. Mahadevi
4. Anbe vaa

wow!!!

Impressive write up!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

How come I did not notice you before :?:

stranger
12th January 2006, 03:14 AM
Once again i state that I have greater respect for shivaji.

1. MGR
2. Kamal
3. Shivaji
4. Rajini

So, how do you say you have more respect for shivaaji?????

I dont UNDERSTAND.

You cant bs in the forum. Because your statements are recorded here in black and white.

And it will easily reveal that you are a cheap LIAR!

------------------------------------

So, KH and MGR can do better than shivaji????

* Barristor Rajnikanth role in Gauravam????

* IRaiyanaar role in ThiruviLaiyaadal????

* Mookkaiyan role in Pattikkaadaa pattNmA???

* sikkal shanmuga sundaram sole in Thillaanaa mohanaambaal???

* Prestige Padmanaabhan role in Viyatnaam veedu???

I suggest you to keep quiet.

Nothing wrong in being an MGR fan.

And dont bs that you have more respect for shivaji BECAUSE you CAN NOT and YOU DO NOT! :cool:

BTW< Dance is not related to musculanity. Females are meant to know how to dance and NOT a MAN!

Thirumaran
12th January 2006, 03:43 AM
Once again i state that I have greater respect for shivaji.

1. MGR
2. Kamal
3. Shivaji
4. Rajini

So, how do you say you have more respect for shivaaji?????

I dont UNDERSTAND.

You cant bs in the forum. Because your statements are recorded here in black and white.

And it will easily reveal that you are a cheap LIAR!

------------------------------------

So, KH and MGR can do better than shivaji:

Barristor Rajnikanth role in Gauravam????

IRaiyanaar role in ThiruviLaiyaadal????

Mookkaiyan role in Pattikkaadaa pattNmA???

I suggest you to keep quiet. Nothing wrong in being an MGR fan. And dont bs that you have more respect for shivaji! :cool:

Dance is not related to musculanity. Females are menat to know how to dance and NOT a MAN!

You can never understand anything.
:lol:
You have to grow up man. We say something, you think that in a different manner. This always happens.

If i say i have greater respect for shivaji did that mean I should put Shivaji in the top? Did I say i have the greatest respect for Shivaji than anybody else?
:roll:

Did i say MGR can do any role what shivaji did?
:roll:
Yes definetly kamal can do the roles you mentioned with some home work. Shivaji could have done that roles with easy. That is it.

But the roles like the ones in Salangai oli, Aboorva Sagotharargal, Kuruthi Punal shivaji can never do even he would have done lots of home work.

Dance is not related to musculanity. Females are menat to know how to dance and NOT a MAN!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Since shivaji can't excel in action sequences you may say. Fight/Action sequences is related to musculanity. Only fighters should know how to do fights. Not an actor or normal man.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

By saying things like you are the one degrading shivaji. Not me.

I suggest you to keep cool. Nothing wrong in being Rajini fan. Before posting anything, think and post. It may happen once or twice. not always.

stranger
12th January 2006, 04:28 AM
But the roles like the ones in Aboorva Sagotharargal, Kuruthi Punal shivaji can never do even he would have done lots of home work.

Is that so?

How would you know that???

Well, your explanation of greater and greatest is HILARIOUS!!!

You are yet to learn how to cover your neck! :hammer:

Thiru
12th January 2006, 04:34 AM
Lets stop this argument and continue with the topic which is about MGR and his movies...

Thirumaran
12th January 2006, 04:47 AM
But the roles like the ones in Aboorva Sagotharargal, Kuruthi Punal shivaji can never do even he would have done lots of home work.

Is that so?

How would you know that???

Well, your explanation of greater and greatest is HILARIOUS!!!

You are yet to learn how to cover your neck! :hammer:

It may be hilarious only for you as you are the most hilarious person in the hub i believe.

Why you left out Salangai oli. Now you itself understood that role cannot be done by Shivaji. Good.

I believe majority of the people can admit that shivaji is not good in action scenes. Kuruthi punal has some good action sequences. I say once again that there are action sequences in KP. Not fights. Otherwise you may reply saying there are no fights in KP. Trying to be in safer side in order to avoid one more post from my side.
:lol:
Regarding AS do you really think shivaji can withstand all the pain and do a dwarf? That too a dwarf dancing and fighting.

anyway I am getting late for the day.
I have spent some good time because of you. Keep posting. You are the one who makes others laugh. Keep up the good work.

See you tomorrow.
Bye...

:wave:

Thirumaran
12th January 2006, 04:50 AM
Lets stop this argument and continue with the topic which is about MGR and his movies...

Sorry thiru,
Even i am interested in not these kind of arguments. Really wanted to stick to the topic. Since people started i could help myself. Anyway however i will not start anything on my own here after also.

stranger
12th January 2006, 05:09 AM
This thread is all yours now as I neither want to digress any more nor talk about the acting skills of MGR either! :wave:

BTW, Seems like you have learnt how to use the emoticons now! Use them wisely :rotfl:

joe
12th January 2006, 08:11 AM
Joe,

Here I am not degrading Shivaji. I am talking about the fact. read my post once again.

but he succeed in many action movies too.

Can you give atleast 5 movies?

kaththavarayan
Raja
Engal Thanga raja
Thanga Churangam
Thirisoolam

tacinema
12th January 2006, 09:26 AM
Thirumaran,

The problem with you is that your argument is purely one-sided. You listed your favourite actors for the last 50 years, and I imagine you are a very neutral person. What you need to do is think quitely and logically and come to a conclusion that MGR is no match for Sivaji in any cinema department, EXCEPT action movies. BTW, as Joe pointed out, Sivaji too did some action movies, such as Raja and Engal Thanga Raja. Both were commercially super hits. But MGR films such as Kannan Yen Kathalan, Paasam, Nallavan Vallvan, Kalangarai Vilakkam and Ther Thiruvila, which are somewhat "different", failed miserably. Personally, I think Kannan Yen Kathalan and Kalangarai Vilakkam are good movies and they have great songs. Somewhere, you spoke about versatility and saying Kamal was more versatile.. let me give you your own poison and show you how versatile Sivaji was:

1. Parasakthi - run away hit, unbelievable dialogue delivery. Mind it, this is his first movie. His success was unparalleled, not a single tamil actor succeded in first movie itself in such a magnitude. With his powerful action, experienced actor such as SSR were totally sidelined in the movie
2. Andha Naal (acting) - It must be Sivaji's 5th or 6th movie. No songs in the movie, excellent and stylish acting as a spy. Can you imagine any MGR movie without songs... it would be a disaster
3. Thooku Thooki (comedy) - an awesome acting as also a comedian. Legend TMS first sang for Sivaji.
4. Sabash Meena (comedy) - with Chandrababu. Go and watch his timing in comedy. Less say about MGR's comedy sense, the better. Kamal is good in comedy, but I think he cannot match Sivaji's timing.
5. Veera Pandiya Kattabomman (history) - An epic. No words to describe his acting, he just goes deep into skin of the character. Even reruns, this movie made awesome collection, in Madurai (my hometown), it ran over 50 days in 80s.
6. Vasantha Maligai (love/romance) - Another milestone movie. I strongly believe no other movie matched this in love story. This remake is better than Telugu original
7. Deiva Magan (acting) - Excellent action. He made his face looks ugly for one of the characters. Kamal extended that in AS
8. Navarathri - Appearance of 9 different characters. You can distinguish one Sivaji from another easily
9. Thiruvilaiyadal (mythological) - List does not end, all AP Nagarajan movies. Literally he thought puranas to many.
10. Raja (action) - Excellent movie. His stylish dialogue delivery comes in very handy when act as bond-style
11. Paasamalar - Include all "pa" series movies
12. Gauravam (lawyer) - another mile stone movie. This movie is a bench mark movie for any one who acts as a lawyer.
13. Thangapathakkam (police) - another great movie. Movie for a honest police officer
14. Pattakada Pattanama (village) - another blockbuster. Incidentally, the highest collection movie in black and white category (including MGR b/w movies)
15. Sorgam - a dream character, I just love this movie.
16. M.Mariyadhai - An aged thespian showed you that he is worth of every penny, if used properly.

Last but not least - Uththama Puthiran: what a movie. go and watch Sivaji's villain character..........you will be amazed!

MANY MORE..................

Take this versatility and compare with Kamal or any other actor. You will fall flat on the ground. Mind it, Sivaji is second indian (after Nehu) in Independence India who was awarded one day mayor in Columbus city, Ohio, USA. This is the honour that every Tamilian should feel proud of.

I like Kamal, I like MGR too. I just think Sivaji is genius in his own way. Do not compare Kamal's Salangai Oli with any Sivaji movie. Kamal is a learnt and experienced Bharat Natyam dancer. So doing a movie on BNatyam should be a cake walk for him. If Sivaji had known BNatyam, I am sure he would have beaten any actor. But doing a movie like Thillana Mohanambal (without knowing Nadaswaram) is simply uncomparable. If anyone makes an yard stick for comparison, it is mostly sivaji movies. For example, if someone talks about brother-sister love, then Paasamalar immediatly comes to their mind. That is the impression. I agree post-Thirisoolam, Sivaji did bad movies; but don't bash sivaji, just for the argument sake.

You said you can talk about politics enlessely, but I am not sure that this is the correct forum for that. Here, to brief you, I would like to compare MGR as a politican with another politician Kamaraj, not again with Sivaji.

I have to go now and have a good time in arguing.....

joe
12th January 2006, 09:42 AM
tacinema,
Excellent post!!

NTR
12th January 2006, 09:43 AM
Great Post...
Sivaji ku ithini fansa?
Great

RajaRam
12th January 2006, 02:49 PM
Joe,

You have mentioned kathavarayan,TS,ETR,TC and Thrisulam.

Except Thrisulam Can you compare those movies with NM,Kudierundha koil,Engavettu pillai,Mattukara velan,Adimaipen, Rickshakaran and USV.

all those were blockbusters in MGR carrier. where as Raja,ETR and TC were average or hit thats all.

tacinema(Ada namma ooru),

once again I repeat you that defenitely in charactor role shivaji better than MGR. there is no doubt that.

but in action role MGR ruled.

Shivaji's VPK,VM,TV,TM, were extraordinay movies.there is no doubt about that.

at the same time MGR's NM,KK,AP,AO,USV also extraordinary movies.

Especially in kathi and silambam fights.
Can Shivaji do like that what MGR did in padakotti,NM,AO etc.No chance.

in MV,EVP and KK You can enjoy MGR's innocent charactors.

Can Shivaji do the character what MGR did in Adimaipen and
NM.?

andha kampeeram, andha style, Impossible.

If Shivaji was KING in Character role,
MGR was KING in ACtion Role.

S.Balaji
12th January 2006, 03:20 PM
andha kampeeram, andha style, Impossible.

Rajaram...

If you talk about Gambeeram, definitely Karnan , VPK , Raja raja cholan had everything what you have highlighted

Uthamaputhiran was an action role IMO

nilavupriyan
12th January 2006, 03:22 PM
tacinema....u have mentioned 16 roles ...

i also can mention 16 diff roles of kamal to prove his versatility!

they both are versatile and good in their own ways!

S.Balaji
12th January 2006, 03:22 PM
Rajaram....

Again when it comes to who can do well on fight sequence, it should be MGR only and not Nadigar thilagam....here he had a limitation....probably he was not keen to do stunts or fight scenes....focussed more on actiing only

RajaRam
12th January 2006, 03:42 PM
If you talk about Gambeeram, definitely Karnan , VPK , Raja raja cholan had everything what you have highlighted

You are wrong.

face expression-la kambeeram kondu varuvadhu vera.
Expression edhuvum illama kambeeram varuvadhu vera.

if you still not agree, see NM and karnan once again.

Kambeeram mainly related to Body shape.
MGR had very good body shape where as shivaji didn't have.

S.Balaji
12th January 2006, 05:18 PM
Rajaram....

In that case, please recollect Mannavan vandhaanadee song from Thiruvarutchelvar

If you are referring to body shape, even Kamal cannot come close to Makkal thilagam as he maintained his physique for a very loooooong time

S.Balaji
12th January 2006, 05:24 PM
The most apt worded lyrics written for MGR could be

MAAPERUM SABAIGALIL NEE NADANDHAAL UNAKKU MAALAIGAL VIZA VENDUM....

ORU MAASU KURAIYAADHA MANNAVAN IVAN ENDRU POTRU PUGAZA VENDUM

True, he was highly respected and admired wherever he went...

even in political circles in Delhi politics, Indira gandhi used to treat him with all respect

When he was in sick bed, Indira paid a visit to Apollo hospital....
Soon after that, she was assasinated

Rajiv took charge....and he also visited chennai to see the legend ......

The huge crowd that gathered when he came back from Brooklyn...... My God !!!

MGR himself was so emotional that he cried on seeing the huge crowd

A true legend

RajaRam
12th January 2006, 05:37 PM
If you are referring to body shape, even Kamal cannot come close to Makkal thilagam as he maintained his physique for a very loooooong time

100% true.

Thirumaran
12th January 2006, 07:54 PM
Hey tacinema,
Good Post. By the way I itself already told that when it comes to acting, MGR is no match for shivaji. Atleast You accepted MGR is greater than Shivaji in action movies. And you said MGR is no match for shivaji in any other depts. I differ here. MGR is a good Technicianbu but shivaji is not good as MGR in that. In all other areas of acting definetly shivaji is better.

One more thing. I am not trying to be neutral. It is you now. First you said you like only Four movies of MGR before. Now you added 2 in the list. Also you said MGR is pathetic in acting. Now you say, you like MGR too. Are you a fan of pathetic acting? Your argument on Bharatanatyam is just pathetic. That kind of argument we can make for many actors. One thing, Dance, actions all these are all related to maintaining body. Shivaji could not maintain his physique throughtout his career. Maintaining body is quite easier than learning Bharata, etc.

Like the way you listed i can also many movies of kamal. You can check the lists in Kamal's movies, songs section... among the category you mentioned kamal did not do only History movie. If Marudanayagam comes that also will be done. And kamal still has more years to come. Remember that too. Also Kamal is 100 movies behind of Shivaji. All the other departments you mentioned kamal also excelled in them. By the way when it comes to Romance, Action, comedy kamal did better than shivaji as per my opinion.

I initially said one statement. "Kamal reached more heights than Shivaji". For this everybody started unneccesary arguments and i also continued. My statement i relate to one statement from Shivaji itself. Once in a function he said Vairamuthu reached more heights than kannadasan. For that he got bashing from many people. The point to be taken in those statements are. When the generations move they reach more heights than the elder generation. If somebody says that I reached more heights than my father. It is not that my father has to ashamed of. He will be feeling proud for that. The same applicable here also. When we say Kamal reached more heights than shivaji we have to be prouder for Shivaji. To prove this point i can put more facts. Better let us stop here.

Once again i say i did not bash shivaji. If by any chance i said something which could have hurted anyone i personally feel sorry to everyone.

I did not say anything like Shivaji is Zero in acting, Shivaji is pathetic in acting like that.. You and some others only said that..

Have a nice day

S.Balaji
12th January 2006, 08:56 PM
By the way when it comes to Romance, Action, comedy kamal did better than shivaji as per my opinion.

Thirumaran......

Again, you are on the wrong foot ! but this is a digression again from the main topic but I am forced to respond to your comment above...

Romance - Plenty of Shivaji movies
Action- already analysed at length
Comedy - Selvam, Bale pandya, Lakshmi vandhaachu, Sabaash Meena are just few examples....

Probably, on comedy, you are just thinking about Avvai shanmugi and Michael Madanakamarajan and passing this judgement

Shivaji had done almost all the characters except playing the role of a woman which also he had played during his stage play years....

Digression ends.....

nilavupriyan
12th January 2006, 09:05 PM
balaji...do u think shivaji is good in romance,action and comedy as kamal?

no comments!

in my opinion gemini is best in romantic scenes those days and kamal in next generation!

comedy..... :) ..i have wathced only few comedy movies of shivaji...so no comments...we know abt kamal's calibre in comedy

action....m.g.r is best in past generation!..kamal have done his job nicely!

Thirumaran
12th January 2006, 09:06 PM
OK, Sir. I am stopping here. Not intersted in continuing this argument further in this topic.

Finally, If any one is not interested in my views just leave them. Take them as purely my opinions. If still people are interested in more arguments then let us open a separate whic could be more particular. Let us talk only about MGR.

Once again I am sorry if i have hurted anyone.

tamizharasan
12th January 2006, 09:54 PM
hello friends
There are lot of differences going on in this thread. I have noted one strange thing guys who were fans of MGR became fans of Kamal. It is interesting to see because in my opinion both are different. I am here not to degrade anyone as I have respect to all four actors mainly discussed and myself die hard fan of Super Star.
People are comparing again Sivaji with Kamal. In my opinion no one has the facial expressions of Sivaji even though I liked very very few movies of him. Very good example is Devar Magan. The scenes Kamal acted with Sivaji, Sivaji easily beat Kamal. Sivaji is probably the most gifted actor the world has ever seen. But I did not like his physique in many movies especially in karnan. sorry to say this guys but he did wonderful job in acting but he did not look like Karnan at all in that movie. But you will never notice this because he has managed everything in acting. Guys I am not taking anything away from Kamal as I feel kamal is definitely better in Dance, Comedy, Romance and action when compared with Sivaji. Kamal is probably the best Romantic hero. Kamal along with Rajini are the best comedians. As far as dance is concerned I like kamal's dance better than even prabhu deva. Prabhu deva may be much faster than kamal but kamal dances always had innovation and class. (I am talking about his dances in movies like Salangai Oli, Punnagai Mannan and Aboorva Sahodarargal)

As far as MGR is concerned he had the best physique for a King. MGR is unquestionably a phenomenon. Very few people can succeed like him. I have never been a fan of MGR but I saw his power after his death man. People felt like they lost somebody from their own household. It may be happened because he always portrayed himself as saviour of poor people. Indeed he helped lot of poor people when he was in power. Cho never liked him as politician but he wrote an article called "MGR enum VALLAL" after his death. There cho mentioned the great qualities of MGR as he knows him personally. MGR had the heart of Steel man. He did not get disturbed even after DMK and Congress alliances beaten them badly in 1980. He had all confidence of coming back to power and told Cho that the only problem with him was he did not have enough money to fight the elections. But later on he made it sure that he will never have money problem. In cinema he did well in Direction. the movies under his direction move at very fast pace man. I honestly believe that MGR lacked facial expressions. He hardly proved himself in heavy roles like Sivaji did.

In my opinion no one did action better than Super Star. The main reason he is easily faster than any one else. He lits up the screen with fast movements. All his movies are very fast paced and at present point of time he is the most successful actor in India. He is far more successful than even Amitabh bachchan man. Amitabh movies reach almost all states in India where as rajini movies reach only few states but rajini gets paid four times of what amitabh bachchan gets. This itself an example of how successful he is.

S.Balaji
12th January 2006, 10:02 PM
[quote="nilavupriyan"]balaji...do u think shivaji is good in romance,action and comedy as kamal?

no comments!

in my opinion gemini is best in romantic scenes those days and kamal in next generation!

Nivalu...

For romance , You should see Ooty varai uravu and Pudhiya paravai and Irumalargal ... Again there are plenty of movies to mention but I am just limiting to the above 3 only. Most of Shivaji's old movies in the 60s had abundant romance

Ofcourse Gemini got the title Kadhal Mannan for the romance only !

Thirumaran
12th January 2006, 10:08 PM
Tamizharasan,

Nice post. I agree with most of them. However let us stop bringing other actors here.

joe
13th January 2006, 08:02 AM
Thirumaran,
Everybody knows that MGR is better in action compare to Nadigar thilagam ..But my point is Nadigar Thilagam has tried MGR type action movies and succeed most of them ,if not all .whereas Makkal Thilagam tried few Sivaji type movies and miserably failed..that is the difference..hope you understand

//I did not say anything like Shivaji is Zero in acting, Shivaji is pathetic in acting like that//

Don't be too smart and sarcastic .If you have said so,no body would have argued with you and treat you as a .......

joe
13th January 2006, 08:03 AM
tamizharasan,
Good post.

but
// he did not look like Karnan at all in that movie.//

Looks like you have Karnan's photo..he he

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 08:06 AM
if "stunt" is the only thing that define action movie...then m.g.r is best!

but imho .... "veerapandiya kattabomman" is an action movie...it provides the mood of the action movie!

nayagan is an action movie!

action movies doesnt need to have a fight!...they can provide just the mood!imho :?

tacinema
13th January 2006, 09:34 AM
Hi,

How do you define romance? Tamizharasan said Kamal is the best romantic hero. Kamal was a handsome hero, for eg. in vazhve maayam, he looked great as a romantic hero. But not any more. Now, he mixes romance/love with something else. West may accept his concept, but not TN.
IMO, for romance, your eyes should talk with a girl, talk softly, almost seduce her. Gemini was the best here, he could love a girl without touching her. Eg. Then nilavu/Kalyana Parisu. If you watch Sivaji's V.Maaligai/Ooty V uravu/Puthiya paravai, you will see his love scene performance definitely exceeds Kamal's. The issue is Kamal's tamil pronunciation, it sounds somewhat artificial (in love scenes) when compared to gemini/sivaji. Just to illustrate more, watch a scene in VMaaligai, when sivaji takes Vanisree to his Palace and goes for a lengthy dialogue...though it may not happen in real life, but it was a great scene to watch!!

Thirumaran talked about history movies and said Kamal's Marudanayagam will show case his talent. Let Marudanayagam come first and i wish a big success for Kamalji. Even then, I bet Kamal or anyone cannot beat VPKattabomman. Over 40 years have been passed since Kattabomman release, no tamil actor has beaten his performance. So, it won't happen for another 40-50 years.

Sivaji had limitations too: action movies. MGR was good in editing, direction. Kamal is a total package, he does everything. Kamal is one of the best we got now!!

Surya
13th January 2006, 09:45 AM
tacinema,

Kamal is one of the best we got now??

When it comes to total package, Kamal is THE BEST we've got now! :D

NTR
13th January 2006, 09:48 AM
MGR acts for his fans and for soceiety, like
En Annan, Nam Naadu, Nadodi Manan
Shivaji acts for himself, and his fans, hes a bit worldclass
Theivamaghan, VP KB, etc

Shivaji tried some mass flicks, doenst do well like Patkati Bhairavan

Alien
13th January 2006, 11:35 AM
Thamizharasan , Excellent post ! I agree with every word of urs !
I sincerely feel like laughing when someone says Shivaji beat Kamal in romantic roles :lol: ..............

rachel
13th January 2006, 02:23 PM
Thamizharasan , Excellent post ! I agree with every word of urs !
I sincerely feel like laughing when someone says Shivaji beat Kamal in romantic roles :lol: ..............

RajaRam
13th January 2006, 02:46 PM
In my opinion no one did action better than Super Star. The main reason he is easily faster than any one else. He lits up the screen with fast movements. All his movies are very fast paced and at present point of time he is the most successful actor in India. He is far more successful than even Amitabh bachchan man. Amitabh movies reach almost all states in India where as rajini movies reach only few states but rajini gets paid four times of what amitabh bachchan gets. This itself an example of how successful.

Tamil,
Ellam correct-a sollittu vandheenga. ana kadaisila sodhappi vittenghala....

What do you mean Action?

kaiyala car-i stop panradhu..
parandhu parandhu fight panradhu...

idhu dhan action-a...?

Action means Actors should show their Individual power.

for example.
MGR's all kathi and silambam fights.
kamal's some action movies like Vetrivizha(Beach fight),MMKR(Toilet fight),Mahanadhi(Jail fight),kuruthi punal,Alavandhan(climax fight) and somany...

adhu dhan action...

I have noted one strange thing guys who were fans of MGR became fans of Kamal

[b]Because both of them are multi talented and Unique person in Tamil film industry.

RajaRam
13th January 2006, 02:48 PM
rachel,

Edhume post panna maatiyappa..

onnu sirikkire.... illatti muttikire...

oomaya..?

rachel
13th January 2006, 02:52 PM
rachel,

oomaya..?

:oops:

joe
13th January 2006, 03:06 PM
//I have noted one strange thing guys who were fans of MGR became fans of Kamal //

This is nothing strange..Most of my friends who are sivaji fans are Rajini fans .And Many of my friends who are MGR fans are mostly Kamal Fans..(I am exception)

I think,basically it is because they don't like somebody with a same pettern of their favourite and they don't want somebody to be compared with their favourite or filling the place.

So Many sivaji fans became rajini fans and MGR fans became Kamal fans.

(But mostly this applies to only educated fans)

RajaRam
13th January 2006, 03:36 PM
I think,basically it is because they don't like somebody with a same pettern of their favourite and they don't want somebody to be compared with their favourite or filling the place.

I don't know whether it is correct or not. But I am different.

Reasons.

1.Both are multi talented.(I became fan of MGR after seeing NM,AP and USV and I became fan of KAMAL after seeing NI,GURU,SO,SKV.)

2.Both are interested to maintain the body(I am also).

3.Both are handsome.

4.Both are kind hearted.(MGR spent all his earned money to others.KAMAL is spending all his earned money in cinema only).

Avenger
13th January 2006, 03:58 PM
Vadivelu anna...ungalukku body maintain panrathula romba intrestaa :rotfl: :clap:

Alien
13th January 2006, 04:12 PM
Rachel, henceforth, care to explain what were u trying to convey by using some words too !

Nerd
13th January 2006, 05:02 PM
kamal's some action movies like Vetrivizha(Beach fight),MMKR(Toilet fight),Mahanadhi(Jail fight),kuruthi punal,Alavandhan(climax fight) and somany...

can anyone educate annE that action is not confined to *fights* :lol:

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 05:21 PM

but fight is the main aspect of action!..right?

great
13th January 2006, 06:36 PM
rachel,

oomaya..?

avangalukku kannu theriyadhu :lol: :lol:

great
13th January 2006, 06:37 PM

but fight is the main aspect of action!..right?

Not necessary!!!!!!!

Thirumaran
13th January 2006, 06:48 PM
Thirumaran,
Everybody knows that MGR is better in action compare to Nadigar thilagam ..But my point is Nadigar Thilagam has tried MGR type action movies and succeed most of them ,if not all .whereas Makkal Thilagam tried few Sivaji type movies and miserably failed..that is the difference..hope you understand

//I did not say anything like Shivaji is Zero in acting, Shivaji is pathetic in acting like that//

Don't be too smart and sarcastic .If you have said so,no body would have argued with you and treat you as a .......

So if shivaji succeeded in some action roles means that he is on par with MGR in action? If MGR succeeded in charater roles you would have said MGR is on Par with Shivaji in character roles? Is that what you are arguing?

People said i was bashing shivaji. Can you point out some of my words which you feels like bashing? But some people mentioned the words like zero in acting, pathetic, etc.. for MGR which is what is called bashing? That is what i said.

Is that now everybody treating them as a ..... ? as per your words.

But you people are praising them for their bashing like this.

I am not acting too smart. It is what some of you trying to be smart?

Thirumaran
13th January 2006, 06:52 PM

I don't know whether it is correct or not. But I am different.

Reasons.

1.Both are multi talented.(I became fan of MGR after seeing NM,AP and USV and I became fan of KAMAL after seeing NI,GURU,SO,SKV.)

2.Both are interested to maintain the body(I am also).

3.Both are handsome.

4.Both are kind hearted.(MGR spent all his earned money to others.KAMAL is spending all his earned money in cinema only).

Same here. Other than that i feel
1) both of them are disciplined.
2) Both were intersted in the uplifting of the society.

Thirumaran
13th January 2006, 10:02 PM
Some of Kamal's talents and Achivements

1. A great actor who excelled in all the roles he played. Almost 95 percent of movies had natural performances. We can list several
movies to show his versatility in acting department alone.
2. Since He is great in Dance(any kind of dance. Even if he dont know some he can learn within few weeks) he can do roles related to dance talents.
3. Great in action sequences. Knows many of the categories of fights also(Karate, Silambam,etc)
4. Acted in many languages and have given silver jubilee hits in 5 languages. No other actor can dream about this.
5. Only Tamil/ South indian actor who is most known and well respected among non tamilians including north indians also.
6. Got Lots of state/ national / international acclaims which no actor can dream of. Dont come and say that everything he got
with political influene. He is nothing to do with politics.
7. Great Technician.
8. Good Singer (once he came closer to getting national award). Once Yesudass said in an interview that many people called him
and wished him for the song "Sundari neeyum, Sundaran naanu" actually sung by kamal.
9. Good story and screenplay writer. Got recognition for those.
10. Good Dialogue writer too. Got recognition for this too.
11. Great in Direction department. Though he directed only 3 movies. Got recognition for this too.
12. He can fit into many kind of characters than any other actor in India.
13. And lot more.

If we take Versatility in all the aspects of cine industry then he is the king. No one can come near him.
Dont you think that Kamal has reached more heights than shivaji.
Other than that he still has more years in cine industry. So more achivements and more talents will be shown.

Water from many sources forms an ocean. Lots of talents in many departments forms Kamal.
So he is the Ocean.

Finally in a single word. Kamal is the most talented cine personality India had ever produced. Even in the
future no one can come near his talents.

Thanks all for accepting this and stopping the argument.

tamizharasan
14th January 2006, 12:10 AM
Friend Joe
thanks for your compliment. You know what I meant by he did not look like karnan. I meant he did not look like a warrior. Believe me if he had maintained the physique and had acted under right director he would have got the fame that no one had ever achieved in the world cinema.

tamizharasan,
Good post.

but
// he did not look like Karnan at all in that movie.//

Looks like you have Karnan's photo..he he

tamizharasan
14th January 2006, 12:15 AM
Kasi
very well said. I talked about the Rajini's screen presence. Very good example is Baasha. No one in India would have done that role better than Rajini. His fast movements in that movie is a treat to watch. Most of the kamal fans will also accept that I believe.

Thirumaran
14th January 2006, 02:10 AM
Hey tacinema,

How do you define romance? Tamizharasan said Kamal is the best romantic hero. Kamal was a handsome hero, for eg. in vazhve maayam, he looked great as a romantic hero. But not any more. Now, he mixes romance/love with something else. West may accept his concept, but not TN.

So you want kamal to do more romantic roles at the age of 50. Did shivaji excelled in romantic roles at the later ages. I remember shivaji doing romance with Sridevi in some movie which looks pathetic. But even at this age if Kamal do some romance it wont be pathetic.
By the way I was not refering to kissing alone when we talk of romance.

IMO, for romance, your eyes should talk with a girl, talk softly, almost seduce her. Gemini was the best here, he could love a girl without touching her. Eg. Then nilavu/Kalyana Parisu. If you watch Sivaji's V.Maaligai/Ooty V uravu/Puthiya paravai, you will see his love scene performance definitely exceeds Kamal's. The issue is Kamal's tamil pronunciation, it sounds somewhat artificial (in love scenes) when compared to gemini/sivaji.

I also can give some definitions on romance. So what? Have you not seen 'Ek dujhe ke liye' or 'Telugu version' of that.
Is that not good enough to say Kamal is great in romance. Of course the phenomenal box office success of those movies can say that. Tamil dialogues of Kamal looks artificial in romance scenes.
:lol: Very sad that he did some great romance movie in different language but could not do well in his mother tongue.

Just to illustrate more, watch a scene in VMaaligai, when sivaji takes Vanisree to his Palace and goes for a lengthy dialogue...though it may not happen in real life, but it was a great scene to watch!!

Cool. Yes. You accepted one thing. The lengthy dialogues which shivaji talks in allmost all his movies will never happen in real life. That is why we say shivaji over does many of his character including the one you mentioned. That is why one of the reasons he could not get any national award for best actor in his period.

Sivaji had limitations too: action movies. MGR was good in editing, direction. Kamal is a total package, he does everything. Kamal is one of the best we got now!!

Thirumaran talked about history movies and said Kamal's Marudanayagam will show case his talent. Let Marudanayagam come first and i wish a big success for Kamalji. Even then, I bet Kamal or anyone cannot beat VPKattabomman. Over 40 years have been passed since Kattabomman release, no tamil actor has beaten his performance. So, it won't happen for another 40-50 years.

what do you want to say. Kamal has to do VPKattabomman and has to show that he is better than Shivaji. Even i also feel that Marudhanaayagam may not come. That may not prove that he cannot excel in historic roles. It is all to do with people's current taste and budget. But if Marudhanaayagam come without any doubt it will be a milestone. Let us hope kamal gets the money needed for making that movie.

Every body talks about VPkattabomman. I however did not watch the full movie. Seen only in parts. Without any doubt he did a great performance with body language and dialogue delivery. I was not sure on one thing. If we talk VPkattaomman as a character then definetly there should be some action scenes like fighting with the sword,etc. Did those scenes there in the movie? If yes, did shivaji did a good show in those scenes. I dont know as i did not see the full movie. Can anybody clear me on this? If he did not do well in those scenes then that movie is incomplete as per my opinion.

You started accepting more things. Good.

joe
14th January 2006, 08:40 AM
Thirumaran,

So if shivaji succeeded in some action roles means that he is on par with MGR in action? If MGR succeeded in charater roles you would have said MGR is on Par with Shivaji in character roles? Is that what you are arguing?

People said i was bashing shivaji. Can you point out some of my words which you feels like bashing? But some people mentioned the words like zero in acting, pathetic, etc.. for MGR which is what is called bashing? That is what i said.

Is that now everybody treating them as a ..... ? as per your words.

But you people are praising them for their bashing like this.

I am not acting too smart. It is what some of you trying to be smart?

ThiruMaran,

Are you really have any eye sight problem?

My first line
// Everybody knows that MGR is better in action compare to Nadigar thilagam //

You are asking me
//So if shivaji succeeded in some action roles means that he is on par with MGR in action?//

How to argue with you?

Anyway ,For a last try ,let me tell you..pls read it before jumping.

You tried to prove sivaji is big zero in action as if he never attempt or succeed in action..That is why I have mentioned that atleast sivaji have tried action ,which is not his cup of tea,and succeed too in some movies ,where as MGR tried some sivaji type of movies ,but he failed miserably in all his movies .

So the truth is ,even though MGR is superior in action compare to sivaji ,sivaji also proved he can do action and people accepted in some movies ..but MGR was rejected by audience whenever he tried to do sivaji type of movies.

Aala viduppa..ithukku mela vilakkam solla mudiyathu

tacinema
14th January 2006, 09:46 AM
Thirumaran,

You are too emotional; cool off man. You are mixing the forum topic, this topic was originally a MGR thread. You, as a single person, virtually changed it to Sivaji vs Kamal fight. You need to go back to original topic and come out with a convincing list of MGR movies that every member of this forum will like. Please keep in mind that this is a public forum, so every member will jump in and praise or hate your statement. Be prepared to accept it. When you come out with a list of MGR movies, just do not stop with Madurai veeran, Kanchi thalaivan,NM, AP, USV (last three were made by MGR himself); you need to provide more movies and details to convince other forum members.

I like good cinema. I am a sivaji fan. I did not have any difficulty to give this forum a list of movies (16 movies) to show case Nadigar thilagam's versatility and also I added that many more can be given. I could continue that list, but it will be endless. That was Sivaji's power and I also mentioned his limit in doing action roles. As Joe and others highlighted, Sivaji acted in some very successful action movies, egs: Raja, Engal thanga raaja, thirisoolam. I heard Thirisoolam collection was so huge that Government of TN under MGR had to change the rule to collect the tax. That show cases his power and only after a very long time, Bhagyaraj movie (mundhanai mudichi) beat that collection. Even his movie Sandhipoo (dual role, one acted with Sridevi, as you were mentioning above) of Sivaji Productions was a super hit movie and it ran silver jubilee in every major centers.

You need to keep in mind, for Sivaji, there was no body before him to be compared. But, you have got a base line for Kamal, you are comparing Kamal with Sivaji. Kamal is a good actor/director/dancer, but according to my view, the comparison of sivaji vs kamal does not have any merit. Just one point: All Sivaji movies (in 50/60s and partly 70s) were kind of experimentation movies. He succeded in a big way including commercially, and his success rate was so big that was never witnessed before in tamil cinema (Read Randor guy's article in The Hindu, most of his articles still available in Hindu's archives). Some of his movies were way ahead of time, example: Andha Naal, Thooku Thooki, Uthmaa Puthiran, Puthiya Paravai. Kamal experimentation movies lack something. Some of his movies, though quality movies, fail at the BO collection, example: aalavandhan, hey raam, AS, MXpress,Raja Paarvai etc. I like Kamal's good movies, like Devar Magan was great, almost a classic (sivaji and revathy role in the movie made a big difference, that is entirely a different story).

In my last post, I was not asking you to show me an actor who can make VPKattabomman. I was challenging you whether any other actor can beat SIVAJI's PERFORMANCE, not to make the kattabomman again. Let me reiterate my point: Sivaji is UNIQUE in acting, his success cannot be repeated and that is why I said earlier that Sivaji is a genius in his own way. This opinion was concurred by many great actors, like Bollywood's Dilip Kumar and Hollywood's Marlyn Brando. Sivaji's presence was so powerful that he virtually defined what an acting is and people accepted that definition. TN agreed that "nadipirkku illakkanam Sivaji" and no body can come close to that. IMO, Kamal is a good actor; to bring more out of Kamal, he should act under very talented directors. There was always some rumour that Kamal does not go well with most of directors; i dont know how far it is true.

Any way, I want to stop sivaji vs kamal argument. I am expecting some good writing about MGR movies from Thiru.

I have to go now and have a great and prosperous tamilzhar tirunaal PONGAL.

nilavupriyan
14th January 2006, 09:57 AM
Hey tacinema,

So you want kamal to do more romantic roles at the age of 50. Did shivaji excelled in romantic roles at the later ages. I remember shivaji doing romance with Sridevi in some movie which looks pathetic. But even at this age if Kamal do some romance it wont be pathetic.
By the way I was not refering to kissing alone when we talk of romance.

IMO, for romance, your eyes should talk with a girl, talk softly, almost seduce her. Gemini was the best here, he could love a girl without touching her. Eg. Then nilavu/Kalyana Parisu. If you watch Sivaji's V.Maaligai/Ooty V uravu/Puthiya paravai, you will see his love scene performance definitely exceeds Kamal's. The issue is Kamal's tamil pronunciation, it sounds somewhat artificial (in love scenes) when compared to gemini/sivaji.

I also can give some definitions on romance. So what? Have you not seen 'Ek dujhe ke liye' or 'Telugu version' of that.
Is that not good enough to say Kamal is great in romance. Of course the phenomenal box office success of those movies can say that. Tamil dialogues of Kamal looks artificial in romance scenes.
:lol: Very sad that he did some great romance movie in different language but could not do well in his mother tongue.

Just to illustrate more, watch a scene in VMaaligai, when sivaji takes Vanisree to his Palace and goes for a lengthy dialogue...though it may not happen in real life, but it was a great scene to watch!!

Cool. Yes. You accepted one thing. The lengthy dialogues which shivaji talks in allmost all his movies will never happen in real life. That is why we say shivaji over does many of his character including the one you mentioned. That is why one of the reasons he could not get any national award for best actor in his period.

what do you want to say. Kamal has to do VPKattabomman and has to show that he is better than Shivaji. Even i also feel that Marudhanaayagam may not come. That may not prove that he cannot excel in historic roles. It is all to do with people's current taste and budget. But if Marudhanaayagam come without any doubt it will be a milestone. Let us hope kamal gets the money needed for making that movie.

Every body talks about VPkattabomman. I however did not watch the full movie. Seen only in parts. Without any doubt he did a great performance with body language and dialogue delivery. I was not sure on one thing. If we talk VPkattaomman as a character then definetly there should be some action scenes like fighting with the sword,etc. Did those scenes there in the movie? If yes, did shivaji did a good show in those scenes. I dont know as i did not see the full movie. Can anybody clear me on this? If he did not do well in those scenes then that movie is incomplete as per my opinion.

You started accepting more things. Good.

good one

Alien
14th January 2006, 10:05 AM
I like Kamal's good movies, like Devar Magan was great, almost a classic (sivaji and revathy role in the movie made a big difference, that is entirely a different story).

tacinema,
If Dhevar Magan is not a true classic, then I would say there never was a classic in Tamil cinema ! :huh:
U sound like, u don't really want to appreciate Kamal ! :huh: I think u didn't know that Dhevar Magan was written by Kamal ! Which means Shivaji's role, revathy's role & everything else was written by Kamal .
8-)

Justice
14th January 2006, 10:08 AM
tacinema,
If Dhevar Magan is not a true classic, then I would say there never was a classic in Tamil cinema ! :huh:
U sound like, u don't really want to appreciate Kamal ! :huh: I think u didn't know that Dhevar Magan was written by Kamal ! Which means Shivaji's role, revathy's role & everything else was written by Kamal .
8-)

I noticed it many times................................. :roll:

joe
14th January 2006, 10:09 AM
Tacinema,
Great write up!
Thamizhar ThiruNaal Vazhthukkal to you too!

Alien
14th January 2006, 10:11 AM
:lol2:

Thirumaran
15th January 2006, 01:17 AM
ThiruMaran,

Are you really have any eye sight problem?

My first line
// Everybody knows that MGR is better in action compare to Nadigar thilagam //

You are asking me
//So if shivaji succeeded in some action roles means that he is on par with MGR in action?//

How to argue with you?

Anyway ,For a last try ,let me tell you..pls read it before jumping.

You tried to prove sivaji is big zero in action as if he never attempt or succeed in action..That is why I have mentioned that atleast sivaji have tried action ,which is not his cup of tea,and succeed too in some movies ,where as MGR tried some sivaji type of movies ,but he failed miserably in all his movies .

So the truth is ,even though MGR is superior in action compare to sivaji ,sivaji also proved he can do action and people accepted in some movies ..but MGR was rejected by audience whenever he tried to do sivaji type of movies.

Aala viduppa..ithukku mela vilakkam solla mudiyathu

My goodness. ?When did i say Shivaji is Zero in action scenes or anything menas the same.
:cry:
I think i said when it comes to action scene MGR and Kamal are better. Ok. Leave it. I accept that i have a sight problem.
But i can show that people said MGR is zero / pathetic in character roles? If the movies which MGR did character roles failing does not mean that he is pathetic/Zero in character roles. The reason may be people are not interested in MGR doing that role as people always kept MGR as something above all human. When others were saying that why you people are not coming forward to condemn that iy you guys are neutral fans. That is my point.
But I am not sure whether all the movies where MGR did the character roles failed in box office as i am not the one from past generation.

I initially said one thing for which some people started jumping. Definetly i am not jumping.
Mr Tacinema,
Just only one thing for you. You have said that i started the argument. If you go back and see you can understand that i was never interested in any kind of comparisions/ argument. The other only started that and i also continued

I said only one statement. I said that, not in the meaning you people thought and i explained the same in other of my posts too.
For that very general statement people started comparision for which i also continued.
Now everybody asking me to cool thinking that they were really cool.

Everything My bad.
Once again i feel sorry if i have hurted anyone.

Justice
15th January 2006, 01:20 AM
But i can show that people said MGR is zero / pathetic in character roles? If the movies which MGR did character roles failing does not mean that he is pathetic/Zero in character roles. The reason may be people are not interested in MGR doing that role as people always kept MGR as something above all human. When others were saying that why you people are not coming forward to condemn that iy you guys are neutral fans. That is my point.
excellent

Now everybody asking me to cool thinking that they were really cool.

joe
15th January 2006, 10:57 AM
Thirumaran,

Cool down friend! Cheers!

//But I am not sure whether all the movies where MGR did the character roles failed in box office as i am not the one from past generation. //

He he..neither me..Just because I am sivaji fan ,don't think I am a oldy..I may be the same age group,if not may be 2 or 3 older than you ,I guess.

RajaRam
16th January 2006, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the digression.

can anyone educate annE that action is not confined to *fights*

Kasi,

Unga vazhikke naan varren..

Have you seen Nayagan,Sathya,Guna,Kuruthipunal and Alavandhan????

Enakku onnume puriyaleppa... ella Rajini fans-m Baasha...Baahsa-nu en solreengha??

Oru dhadava sonna nooru dhadava sonna madhiri-nu dialogue vitta udane super movie-a??

It may be the best Rajini's action movie. but not one of the best action movies like Nayagan,Sathya,Guna and Kuruthipunal.

Even Vadivelu-kku black color-la coat-m,Black color-la glass-m matti vittu, pinnadi oru 5 perai nippatti vacha
He also will looks like Action hero..

S.Balaji
16th January 2006, 04:32 PM
Rajaram ....

Endraya mathaapu koluthi vitaachaa !!

Beyond doubt, Basha is Basha....noone can come near him.....
Please dont ever degrade the Basha character by inserting Vaigaipuyal.....
Basha is one of the top5 roles of RK....

Neenga sonna Kuruthipunal was much better in Hindi compared to Tamil version as Ompuri and Naseeruddin shah's acting was far more NATURAL ...
The Hindi version of Satya....SUnny deol did extremely well....

Bye

RajaRam
16th January 2006, 04:49 PM
Neenga sonna Kuruthipunal was much better in Hindi compared to Tamil version as Ompuri and Naseeruddin shah's acting was far more NATURAL ...

But Kuruthi punal(Tamil version)only went to OSCAR NOMINEE.:lol:

joe
16th January 2006, 04:56 PM
//Neenga sonna Kuruthipunal was much better in Hindi compared to Tamil version//

Really?

I heard that Govind Nihalini acknowledged that Kuruthipunal is better version in all aspects compared to it's original Thurookal.

RajaRam
16th January 2006, 04:57 PM
What do you guys think about MGR's double role especially in Kudierundha koil,Naalai namadhe in which he changed the face to black color?

S.Balaji
16th January 2006, 05:12 PM
In Maatukara velan....MG did well in dual role....the one that of a maatukaran and another a lawyer...

Another one should be Enga veetu pillai...

one very strong and energetic and another romba bayandhaangulli

arvind
26th January 2006, 09:37 AM
At 35, Kamal released Aboorva Sagodharargal(1989)
At 35, Rajini released Nallavanakku Nallavan(1984)
At 35, Sivaji released Aalayamani(1962)
At 35, Vaathiyar released Andaman Kaidhi(1952)
At 35, Thala will release Naan, Kadavul(2006)

At 25, Kamal released Kalyanaraman(1979)
At 25, Sivaji released Barasakthi(1952)
At 25, Vaathiyar released Dhasippen(1942)
At 25, Thala released Kadhal Kottai(1996)

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 01:41 PM
MGR.........is he better than shivaji ...i always thought ...he used to act in such a manner .such tht it wins the hearts of the people ..whu end up bleving he is some god or somethign and then one day he ll make it to the legislatives

RajaRam
27th January 2006, 05:09 PM
USV is the One of Mohanlal's(Kerala super star)TOP 10 favourite movies.
:thumbsup::clap:

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/jun/07list.htm

I want to buy USV,Adimaipen DVD in Bangalore.
Any Banglore guys know about the place where I can purchase?

m_23_bayarea
3rd February 2006, 05:22 AM
Well, it's been a while since I posted in this thread .... I came across this song eventually, a beautiful one, and I thought maybe I should share with you all .... The specialty of this song is the lyrics, totally shows how friendly MGR was with the masses in those days .... :thumbsup:
__________________________________________________ _

paadal: koduththadhellaam koduththaan
kural: T M soundhararaajan
varigaL: vaali

koduththadhellaam koduththaan avan yaarukkaagak koduththaan
oruththarukkaa koduththaan illai oorukkaagak koduththaan (2)

(koduththadhellaam)

mannkudisai vaasalenraal thenral vara veruththidumaa
maalainilaa aezhaiyenraal velichcham thara maruththidumaa
unakkaaga onru enakkaaga onru orupoadhum dheyvam koduththadhillai

(koduththadhellaam)

illai enboar irukkaiyilae iruppavargal illai enbaar
kidaiththavargal pizhaiththukkondaar uzhaiththavargal theruvil ninraar
edhuvandha poadhum podhuvenru vaiththu vaazhginra paerai vaazha vaippoam

(koduththadhellaam)

joe
3rd February 2006, 07:29 AM
One more touching song from same movie 'Padagotti'

Lyrics here

http://cdjm.blogspot.com/2005/11/blog-post_16.html

James Pain
3rd February 2006, 08:08 AM
What's the storyline for Padagotti? Anyone know? :)

joe
3rd February 2006, 10:52 AM
What's the storyline for Padagotti? Anyone know? :)

You could have guessed from the name 'Padagotti'..It is a story of a fishing village where MGR is a fisherman..As usual he works for the welfare of the poor fishermen against the big shots who looted poor people money ,and ofcourse love with sarojadevi also.

m_23_bayarea
3rd February 2006, 11:51 PM
and ofcourse love with sarojadevi also.

Thirumaran
4th February 2006, 12:03 AM
and ofcourse love with sarojadevi also.

8-)

Thirumaran
9th February 2006, 01:09 AM
I will try to put a bit of different things MGR did in his cine career.

Abhimanyu : As Arjuna

Malaikallan : As a stylish thief.

Mannathi Mannan, MMSP and many more : As chakravarty

Naadoadi Mannan : As a Naadoadi and as a chakravarthy

Enga veetu pillai : as a innocent and a bravo.

Paasam: A underplayed character role.

Anbe Vaa : A business man, this movie has all you want, from
humour to emotions..

Ragasiya Police, Kavalkaran : A stylish policeman.

Adimai penn : as handicapped and a bravo.

Naan Yaen Piranthaen : A normal husband.

Aayirathil Oruvan : A revolutionist. I dont think anyone can suit this role better than MGR.
The sword fights between MGR and Nambiyar is a treat to watch.

Maatukaara Velan : A brave villager and a stylish rich man. Like the
one in Sakalakala vallavan.

Engal Thangam : As MGR itself and a normal man. There is a song in this movie where MGR
does a brahmin getup with shaved head and a small kudumi. The song and his emotions were
just awesome. That song critizises people's mooda nambikai.

Rikshawkaran : As a Riskshaw man. Nothing great in that. But a fight he does by sitting in
the ricksaw. Wow. You can watch the movie just only for this fight.

Other than that MGR in times took great risks in making great movies like

1. Naadoadi Mannan
2. Adimai Penn
3. Madurayai meeta sundara Paandiyan
4. Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban

When during the period when people were making historical movies/Family based movies,
MGR is the one who introduced a new formula, Entertainment movies with Heroisms.
At that time it was definetly a risk. It clicked in a great manner.
Now more or less every actors do the same with a bit of variations which can suit their personalities.

m_23_bayarea
9th February 2006, 06:01 AM
Superb post Thiru !! Dint know you were this much of an MGR fan !!! :D

joe
9th February 2006, 08:13 AM
//Engal Thangam : As MGR itself and a normal man. There is a song in this movie where MGR
does a brahmin getup with shaved head and a small kudumi. The song and his emotions were
just awesome. That song critizises people's mooda nambikai. //

Oh!Yeah Thirumaran.

It is a kathakaaladcheepam ..It is a funny kathakalachepam about going to moon ,also written by Murasoli maran .MGR's getup is with kudumi

NTR
9th February 2006, 11:19 AM
Vattiyar is the One and Only superstar on and off the screen... he always loyal to TN unlike so called superstars now...
He is a dynamic too, many people still wondering how Vatyar made Ulagam Surtum Valiban under that kind of controversy and such high budegt movie..

THALAIVA NEENGA INNUM SAGALAI
EN IDHAYATHIL KUDIYIRUKKUM KOYIL NEENGA

Thirumaran
9th February 2006, 07:13 PM
//Engal Thangam : As MGR itself and a normal man. There is a song in this movie where MGR
just awesome. That song critizises people's mooda nambikai. //

Oh!Yeah Thirumaran.

It is a kathakaaladcheepam ..It is a funny kathakalachepam about going to moon ,also written by Murasoli maran .MGR's getup is with kudumi

Yeah. Right. that was a kathakaaladcheepam.

m_23_bayarea
9th February 2006, 11:00 PM
Vattiyar is the One and Only superstar on and off the screen... he always loyal to TN unlike so called superstars now...

He is a dynamic too, many people still wondering how Vatyar made Ulagam Surtum Valiban under that kind of controversy and such high budegt movie..

THALAIVA NEENGA INNUM SAGALAI
EN IDHAYATHIL KUDIYIRUKKUM KOYIL NEENGA

MGR was always active in politics, even though he was acting in movies .... In fact he used most of his movies (especially in the later stages) as his campaign trail .... Hence he showed that kinda loyalty and all that to the people, just like any GOOD politician ... :)

But Rajini on the other hand is just an actor ... May be he had political aspirations too at one point ... But now, clearly he has shown that he is only an actor and nothing more than that ... Hence he doesnt have to be a superstar off-screen in the first place ... He doesnt have to be loyal to people ... He doesnt have to save his fans or give them lives ... And most importantly, he's not the savior of Tamil Nadu to do all this ... All his fans want from him is for him to act in movies, so that they can enjoy .... So please don't compare MGR and Rajini ... I like them both, in fact I was the one who created this thread ... :)

I appreciate your love for MGR ... But at the same time, pls don't pull Rajini into this, and say 'so-called 'Superstar and all that ... MGR was Makkal Thilagam, and Rajini is superstar .... They are different people, and belong to diff generations :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
11th February 2006, 04:23 AM
Scene 1:

MGR after completing his shooting on the way to his home in his car. It is around 11 PM. On the way he saw a Policeman waiting for bus near bus stop. He asked his driver to get the man in the car so that he can drop him in his place as there may not be any buses at that time.
Now the policeman is sitting next to MGR. On the way the policeman did not talk anything other than mentioning his place to get down. MGR was very much surprised by this, as normally people go crazy even for having a look at him. Being very curious, MGR asked the policeman whether he know who is he travelling with. The policeman said that he know him that he is the popular actor MGR. Nothing more.

Scene 2:

MGR was curious to know about this policeman. He collected info on him through the well known people from the Police Dept. The information he got was that the policeman was a very honest one and a sincere worker. Also that the policeman has 3 daughters waiting for marriage and also that he does not have enough money to see them married.

Scene 3:

MGR goes to the Policeman's house in some other time and offering him abundant of money which can solve the marriage problem of the policeman's daughters. He refuses to take the money. MGR asks that Man not to consider him as different and to consider him as his brother. After much struggle, finally he convinces him and hand over that huge sum of money to him.

The above is not from any movie. It was told by that policeman in the magazine "Baakya" for the article "Ettaavathu Vallal" 10 years before, which i narrated over here. I do not remember the name of that policeman.

What a great Person MGR was. No wonder, why he was so madly loved by the people of Tamizhnadu.

Sometimes i feel some of his songs well suited him.

For example the Song...

Tharmam Thalaikaakum,
Thakka Samayathil Uyir Kaakum

from the movie Tharmam Thalaikaakum.

The Tharmam he did in his life i believe saved him 2 times in his lifetime.

1. When he was shot in the throat.
2. When he was seriously ill during 1985 (Nobody thought he will survive at that time. He won the elections by sitting in the Emergency ward at that time.)

I feel very much proud of being his fan. The one who did, what he said.

NTR
11th February 2006, 12:20 PM
The only thing i missed in my life, never met with legend MGR

NTR
11th February 2006, 12:45 PM
The height of emotional response that 'MGR' could evoke was evident when in 1987 during a critical illness, 22 people committed suicide in the hope their deaths would save him! Stories of poor people selling their blood in order to get money to see his films on first release are legendary!

Born Marudur Gopalamenon Ramachandran in Kandy, Sri Lanka, his family moved to Tamil Nadu where they lived in poverty. When he was 6, he joined a theatre group - the Madurai Original Boys. Here he picked up acting, dancing and swordplay.

MGR made his screen debut in Ellis R. Duncan's Sati Leelavathi (1936) but his first major breakthrough came much, much later with Rajakumari (1947).

MGR's 1950s screen persona in adventure films constructed an image of political as well as physical invincibility. Often the themes of his films were derived from heroic ballads which are part of the oral tradition of rural Tamil Nadu. For example - Madurai Veeran (1956), one of his most popular films, is based on the legend of Madurai Veeran, a popular deity of Southern Tamil Nadu. His legend has been the subject of various ballads and plays and this was the second filmed version of the story.

In the 1960s MGR turned to more 'realistic' fantasies mostly in a contemporary setting often playing someone from the oppressed class - a peasant, taxi driver or fisherman. For millions of fans, his image as the knight in shining armour, saving damsels in distress and being totally dutiful towards his mother was in fact a reality. Mother tongue, motherland and motherhood were what he based his popularity on. To quote M.S.S. Pandian in The Image Trap: M.G. Ramachandran in Film and Politics...

"The social universe of the MGR is a universe of asymmetrical power.......The conflict between the upper caste/ class oppressors and MGR as a subaltern, and its resolution forms the core of the film. MGR, in the course of the conflict, appropriates several signs or symbols of authority or power from those who dominate."

MGR used food, colour patterns (black and red, symbols of the DMK) and masquerades (often through double roles of oppressor and oppressed) to construct this universe. In Engal Thangam (1970) for example, MGR playing a truck driver Thangam, fights, sings, cares for the poor and preaches against smoking and drinking. The DMK colours - black and red are frequently featured in the clothes he wears. He even appears as himself in the opening scene at a Small Savings Function. Thangam is in the audience and even refers to him as 'vathiyar' (teacher), the reverent title by which he was known to his fans!

MGR had joined the DMK party in 1953 and remained its member till 1972. This included a brief stint in the Madras Legislative Council from 1962 - 64, being a member of the Legislative Assembly (1967) when the party won the state elections and the DMK Treasurer (1970).

He fell out with the DMK chief Karunanidhi and used the DMK's propaganda idiom against the DMK itself in Nam Naadu (1969). In 1972 he set up the rival Anna - DMK party claiming allegiance to the DMK's founder, the late Annadurai.

In 1977, his party renamed the AIADMK won the state elections in alliance with Indira Gandhi's Congress party. MGR became Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and was re-elected for three consecutive terms. As Chief Minister, he organized a totalitarian crackdown on all political dissent while introducing populist schemes such as the Chief Minister's Nutritious Meal Programme.

Having survived a bullet wound when he was shot at by fellow actor M.R. Radha in 1967 (which affected his speech), he achieved demi-god status following a paralytic stroke in 1984 which he survived for three years thus acquiring the label 'thrice born'. When he died in 1987, his funeral procession was attended by over 2 million people!

A temple has been built in Madras with MGR as deity

NTR
11th February 2006, 12:47 PM
(1917 - 1987)

Memorable Films

Rajakumari
(1947)

Marmayogi
(1951)

Andaman Kaithi
(1952)

Malaikallan
(1954)

Alibabavum 40
Thirudargalum
(1955)

Madurai Veeran
(1956)

Chakravarthi Thirumagal
(1957)

Nadodi Mannan
(1958)

Arasilankumari
(1961)

Periya Idathu Penn
(1963)

Ayirathil Oruvan
(1965)

Thaikku Thalaimagan
(1967)

Kanavan
(1968)

Pudhiya Bhoomi
(1968)

Mattukkara Velan
(1969)

Nam Naadu
(1969)

Engal Thangam
(1970)

Ulagam Sutrum Valiban
(1973)

m_23_bayarea
11th February 2006, 10:09 PM
Thiru and NTR !!!! Great statistics .... Rock on guys .... :D

Thirumaran
11th February 2006, 10:11 PM
Cool NTR,

I Never thought tou would be a big fan of MGR.

NTR
12th February 2006, 01:12 PM
Im a great fan of Vattiyar...

terminator
12th February 2006, 01:24 PM
My grandpa, grandma, dad, mom, uncle, aunt and everyone in our family are MGR's fans
(Most of them are not well educated). From my childhood, I happen to c lot of MGR films and Sivaji films. Enga veetla VCP casatte (for rent) vangi vantha kandippa rendu MGR padam oru Sivaji padam irukkum.

I like him very much. I never missed the articles abt him in magazines.

NTR
12th February 2006, 01:27 PM
Even some people (estates) in my country dont believe MGR is no-more

great
12th February 2006, 01:58 PM

Oh appadiya :lol2:

m_23_bayarea
12th February 2006, 09:56 PM

Oh appadiya :lol2:

That's why they call him "Ithaya Deivam" MGR ...... :D

Thirumaran
13th February 2006, 02:17 AM
Im a great fan of Vattiyar...

Cool.

But instead of Vattiyar mention it as Vaathiyaar..

The way you mention carries a different meaning.

m_23_bayarea
13th February 2006, 03:52 AM
Cool.

But instead of Vattiyar mention it as Vaathiyaar..

The way you mention carries a different meaning.

joe
15th February 2006, 10:11 AM
Guys,
Do you know the first movie of MGR 'Sathi Leelavathi' and the famous 'Manthiri Kumari' directed by Ellis Dungan ,an english man?

terminator
15th February 2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks JOe for the information. :)

Shakthiprabha.
15th February 2006, 05:27 PM
Vadhyar endru MGR sonna piragu, vera yaarukkum athu PORUTHUM ILLAI.

Thirumaran
15th February 2006, 07:07 PM
Guys,
Do you know the first movie of MGR 'Sathi Leelavathi' and the famous 'Manthiri Kumari' directed by Ellis Dungan ,an english man?

Yeah. I know that Manthiri Kumari was directed by the English man.
Was not knowing abt Sathi Leelavathi.

Thanks Joe,
For the info.

m_23_bayarea
25th February 2006, 12:06 AM
[tscii:4d30e219f4]Raj Kiran’s ‘Idhu MGR Illam’
Cinesouth.com

MGR died many years back, but he still lives on among the people. A recent survey shows that his popularity overshadows that of younger actors now. This is going to be made into a money spinner in ‘Idhu MGR Illam.’

‘Naidugaru Kudambam’ produced by D Rama Naidu with story-screenplay by V C Guhanathan celebrated a silver jubilee success in Andhra. After few years, this film is being remade in Tamil as ‘Idhu MGR Illam.’

Raj Kiran who was stubborn that he would do only positive roles, is the hero of this film.

3 young heroes and 5 young heroines also co-star with him, so MGR Illam is full of stars.

Maybe because of the film title, the music composer is MS Viswanathan, lyrics by Mu Metha and Piraisudan, all retired film people.

Story, screenplay, dialogue and direction are by V C Guhanathan himself. The Tamil remake is based on Malayalam films ‘In Harihar Nagar’ and ‘MGR Nagaril.’ Though MGR’s name figures in the title, the film is not about him in any way. The film still praises the Puratchi Thalaivar, because, V C Guhanathan came into films through MGR’s ‘Pudhiya Bhoomi’!

[/tscii:4d30e219f4]

Raikkonen
21st March 2006, 01:30 PM
Namale review pannuvom..
Vathyra thread ah..

50 vayasule ena superah romance pannaru...
Anbe Vaa le..

m_23_bayarea
22nd March 2006, 06:01 AM
Not sure how many ppl actually know this song ... It's from Ayirathil Oruvan ... And all the songs in that movie were chartbusters (too normal for an MGR movie) .... This one is a sad song where MGR will be in a position of not falling in love with JJ, cos she would be the princess, and he would be a slave ... The lyrics of Kannadasan will beautifully portray his state of mind, where he actually likes that gurl, but is very hesistant cos of the class, etc .... Very nice !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
__________________________________________________ ___

oadum maegangalae orusol kaeleeroa
aadum manadhinilae aarudhal thaareeroa
aadum manadhinilae aarudhal thaareeroa

(oadum)

naadaalum vannamayil kaaviyaththil naan thalaivan
naattilulla adimaigalil aayiraththil naan oruvan
maaligaiyae aval veedu marakkilaiyil en koodu vaaduvadhae en paadu
idhil naan andha maan nenjai naaduvadhengae kooru

(oadum)

oorellaam thoongaiyilae vizhiththirukkum en iravu
ulagamellaam sirikkaiyilae azhudhirukkum andha nilavu
paadhaiyilae vegudhooram payanam poaginra naeram kaadhalaiyaa manam thaedum
idhil naan andha maan nenjai naaduvadhengae kooru

(oadum)

kanya_kris
22nd March 2006, 06:06 AM
Cool Song mba..

My favourite MGR movies ..
1. Enga veetu pillai
2. Aayirathil Oruvan
3. Urimai Kural
4. Ulagam sutrum vaaliban
5. Naadoadi mannan..

joe
22nd March 2006, 07:08 AM
Not sure how many ppl actually know this song ...

What? Is there anybody who doesn't know this song? I can't beleive.

Bay thampi,
Vaathiyar avatar superb!

m_23_bayarea
22nd March 2006, 10:58 AM
Not sure how many ppl actually know this song ...

What? Is there anybody who doesn't know this song? I can't beleive.

Bay thampi,
Vaathiyar avatar superb!

Well, I said that cos many ppl in this hub are teenagers and have never been to India ... :)

Anyways, so when can we see Nadigar Thilagam's avtar in you ?? :P :P

joe
22nd March 2006, 11:13 AM
Bay thampi,
As per your request...see my avatar!

m_23_bayarea
22nd March 2006, 11:15 AM
Bay thampi,
As per your request...see my avatar!

Yeahhhhh !!! Thanks Joe Anna !! :D :D

Sinthu Nadhi Innisai Nilavinilae

Kerala Naatilam Pengal Udanae

Sundhara Telunginil Paatisaithu

Thozhigal Odi Vizhai Adi Varumae !!

NOV
22nd March 2006, 11:31 AM
Sinthu Nadhi Innisai Nilavinilae
Kerala Naatilam Pengal Udanae
Sundhara Telunginil Paatisaithu
Thozhigal Odi Vizhai Adi Varumae !!siru thiruththam...

sindhu nadhiyin misai nilavinilE
sEra nannaattilam pengaludanE
sundhara telunginil paattisaiththu
thOnigal Otti vilaiyaadi varuvOm

m_23_bayarea
22nd March 2006, 11:37 AM
sundhara telunginil paattisaiththu
thOnigal Otti vilaiyaadi varuvOm

Ayyo !! Marupadiyum Spelling Mistake aa !!! :cry: :cry: :P

NOV
22nd March 2006, 11:46 AM
Ayyo !! Marupadiyum Spelling Mistake aa !!! :cry: :cry: :Pilla, idhu adhaivida mOsam.
veettula ponnu paakka sollidu... ;)

m_23_bayarea
22nd March 2006, 11:47 AM
Ayyo !! Marupadiyum Spelling Mistake aa !!! :cry: :cry: :Pilla, idhu adhaivida mOsam.
veettula ponnu paakka sollidu... ;)

I think that's already happening NOV ... :wink: :wink:

Anyways, tooo sleepy now, I'll see you tomm !! Have fun !! :D :D

Raikkonen
22nd March 2006, 11:55 AM
Bay...
Thalaivaaa...

Vaatiyar padatha pottu Dhool Kilappiteenganna...

selvakumar
22nd March 2006, 12:57 PM
Bay --------- what an avatar from Enga Veetu Pillai :thumbsup:

joe :D - Nice to see u back with this avatar :D :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
22nd March 2006, 09:53 PM
NTR and Selva !! Thanks guys ... :D :D

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2006, 09:56 PM

Itha solrathukku thaan padikuratha vittutu odoodi vantheengla? :wink: :wink:

m_23_bayarea
22nd March 2006, 10:02 PM

Itha solrathukku thaan padikuratha vittutu odoodi vantheengla? :wink: :wink:

I'm DONE with all my midterms dude ... Only finals to go, and that too, not for another 2 months !!! :D :D :D

m_23_bayarea
24th March 2006, 12:02 AM
This is one of my favorite MGR songs ... Beautiful lyrics, very romantic, and excellent music from MSV ... I just love it !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

anbae vaa anbae vaa vaa vaa vaa

ullam enroru koavililae
dheyvam vaendum anbae vaa
kangal enroru soalaiyilae
thenral vaendum anbae vaa

anbae vaa anbae vaa vaa vaa vaa

neeyirundhaal en maaligai vilakkeriyum
nizhalkoduththaal en ninaivugal vizhiththukkollum
paadhaiyilae velichchamillai pagal iravu puriyavillai
paarvaiyum theriyavillai
aayiramdhaan vaazhvil varum nimmadhi varuvadhillai

(ullam enroru)

vaanparavai than siraginai enakkuththandhaal
poongaatrae un udhaviyum enakkirundhaal
vaanaththilae parandhu senrae poanavalai azhaiththuvandhae
kaadhalai vaazhavaippaen
azhudhamugam siriththirukka aasaikku uyir koduppaen

(ullam enroru)

Thirumaran
24th March 2006, 12:10 AM
My favourie song in Anbae vaa is..

Naan Paarthathilae aval oruthiyaithaan,
nalla azhagi enbaen nalla azhagi enbaen.. :D

Will post the lyrics later..

m_23_bayarea
24th March 2006, 12:11 AM

Yeah, I like that song too ... But I have a special connection to Anbe Vaa song ... That's why I like it better !!! :wink: :wink:

Thirumaran
24th March 2006, 12:19 AM

Yeah, I like that song too ... But I have a special connection to Anbe Vaa song ... That's why I like it better !!! :wink: :wink:

Definetly you are in love with someone. :) Is that a success story :D or a disaster :(

m_23_bayarea
24th March 2006, 12:22 AM

Definetly you are in love with someone. :) Is that a success story :D or a disaster :(

OK since you ask, let me share it with you ... So I was at a Church camp sometime in the past .... And there, I met this gurl ok .... I was very confused as to whether I should pursue it or not ... And that night, I had a dream with this song in it .... I took it as a positive sign, and I approached her the next morning ... And guess what, IT DID WORK !!!! :D :D :D :D

That's why I love this song .... :) :)

Thirumaran
24th March 2006, 12:25 AM
OK since you ask, let me share it with you ... So I was at a Church camp sometime in the past .... And there, I met this gurl ok .... I was very confused as to whether I should pursue it or not ... And that night, I had a dream with this song in it .... I took it as a positive sign, and I approached her the next morning ... And guess what, IT DID WORK !!!! :D :D :D :D

That's why I love this song .... :) :)

Wow. Cool. :D

Convey my condolences to that girl.. :(

JK :)

m_23_bayarea
24th March 2006, 12:26 AM

Duhhhhh !!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyways, it dint go for toooo long !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thirumaran
24th March 2006, 12:28 AM

Lucky Guy :)

m_23_bayarea
24th March 2006, 12:30 AM

Lucky Guy :)

Kanya kitta vaangunathu pathulaya ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lakshmi JM
27th March 2006, 11:39 PM
[tscii:41c5331f4f]Some songs make you nostalgic, some romantic, some make you recollect good old memories.

There are some songs which you luv to cherish and enjoy. Songs of MGR movies are always a joy to watch. There is always good music with a combination of MSV-TKR and great Kannadasan.

MGR would not yield to anything less than the best, and all those songs will continue to live amongst us for many more years.

Songs from the movie Enga Veetu Pillai are not exceptional to the above.

MGR in a dual role, one sober and the other an outgoing youngster. One can really enjoy the high sense of humour in this movie when villager, who runs out of the house, eats a load of items in a hotel and walks out unnoticed. He meets Sarojadevi in the very next scene and he goes to her place. There again he has a huge dinner. He was very particular to complete the food items while Sarojadevi and Rangarao would do the discussions.

All the songs, as usual are a class-apart, and Kumarip-pennin ullathile tops the list.

All of them go for a song-shooting and Sarojadevi starts dreaming, which then becomes a reality. TMS & PS go all out to make this a romantic one.

This is not a situation song, hence the lyrics are here to pour out love and beauty. I feel there would not have been a dance rehearsal as the movements are simple and graceful.

As this is picturised with an evening effect with minimal lighting, the music will be soothing.

One would realize the life given by TMS to the song, as the opening lines would be in a different voice as it’s a movie shoot. MGR would maintain all dignity to shower his love and at the same time maintain distance from her as you would see that he bids goodnight while closing.

This would have been a very easy go for the music duo as they had done many like this in the past. This melody could be rated one among the best of MGR Saro.

[/tscii:41c5331f4f]

Thirumaran
28th March 2006, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the Hub Mrs. Balaji. Nice post. Great writings. Keep it up. Please do post more in the hub frequently.

Kumari Pennin Ullathilaey is undoubtably a great romantic song.

One of my favourite too.

Kumari pennin Ullathilaey,
Kudi irukka Naan Vara vaendum..
Kudi irukka naan varuvathendraal,
Vaadagai enna Thara vaendum..

Kumari pennin kaigalilae,
Kaathal nenjai thara vaendum,
Kaathal Nenjai thanthu vittu,
Kudi irukka nee vara vaendum..

joe
28th March 2006, 06:45 AM

Kuthirai vandi ippadi thaan paathiyila ninnudum! :lol:

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2006, 06:49 AM

Joe Anna ... Ithu nikkira kudira illa ... Jaikura Kudira !! :wink: :wink:

Epdi punch ?? :P

Thirumaran
28th March 2006, 06:50 AM

Enna solla vareenga. Bay thambiyum antha ponnum guthirainga. Paathiyila ninnu poanuthu Kaathal. Appa kaathal kuthirai vandikku samamaa :roll:

NOV
28th March 2006, 06:51 AM
enna aniyaayam?! :shock:
ingEyum chat thaanaa?
ungala thiruththavE mudiyaathaa? :roll:

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2006, 06:52 AM
ingEyum chat thaanaa?

NOV ... It all started with ANBE VAA song that I posted a few days ago .. Sorry !! :cry: :cry:

Thirumaran
28th March 2006, 06:54 AM
ingEyum chat thaanaa?

Let me keep a MGR song according to the situation to end the dig..

Thirunthaatha ullangal irunthenna laabam,
Varunthaatha ullangal vaazhnthenna laabam,
Irunthaalum iranthaalum Paer solla vaendum,
Ivar poala yaarendru oor solla vaendum..

joe
28th March 2006, 07:30 AM
ingEyum chat thaanaa?

Let me keep a MGR song according to the situation to end the dig..

Thirunthaatha ullangal irunthenna laabam,
Varunthaatha ullangal vaazhnthenna laabam,
Irunthaalum iranthaalum Paer solla vaendum,
Ivar poala yaarendru oor solla vaendum..

முன்பு யேசு வந்தார் பின்பு காந்தி வந்தார்
இந்த மானிடர் திருந்திட பிறந்தார்
இவர் திருந்தவில்லை மனம் வருந்தவில்லை
அந்த மேலோர் சொன்னதை மறந்தார்!

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2006, 07:32 AM
TM and Joe Anna !! Who are you guys singing abt ??? :? :?

Thirumaran
28th March 2006, 07:34 AM

About ourselves.

joe
28th March 2006, 07:34 AM

You ,thirumaran and me :lol:

ok guys..end the dig

continue on Makkal Thilagam

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2006, 07:38 AM
OK Thirumaran and Joe Anna ... Let's rectify our mistake ... I was listening to this song on the bus today ... Man, what a beautiful song ... Excellent lyrics, soothing music, and wonderful face expressions from MGR and Devika ... Enjoy !!! :D :D

ninaikkath therindha manamae unakku marakkath theriyaadhaa
pazhagath therindha uyirae unakku vilagath theriyaadhaa
uyirae vilagath theriyaadhaa

(ninaikkath)

mayangath therindha kannae unakku urangath theriyaadhaa
malarath therindha anbae unakku maraiyath theriyaadhaa
anbae maraiyath theriyaadhaa

(ninaikkath)

edukkath therindha karamae unakku kodukkath theriyaadhaa
inikkath therindha kaniyae unakku kasakkath theriyaadhaa
padikka therindha idhazhae unakku mudikkath theriyaadhaa
padarath therindha paniyae unakku maraiyath theriyaadhaa
paniyae maraiyath theriyaadhaa

(ninaikkath)

kodhikkath therindha nilavae unakku kulirath theriyaadhaa
kulirum thenral kaatrae unakku pirikkath theriyaadhaa
pirikkath therindha iraivaa unakku inaikkath theriyaadhaa
inaiyath therindha thalaivaa unakku ennaip puriyaadhaa
thalaivaa ennaip puriyaadhaa

(ninaikkath)

joe
28th March 2006, 07:39 AM
One more Vaaththiyar song which touches my heart..

புத்தன் யேசு காந்தி பிறந்தது
பூமியில் எதற்காக ,தோழா ஏழை நமக்காக
கங்கை யமுனை காவிரி வைகை ஓடுவதெதற்காக
நாளும் உழைக்க.....(?)
தோழர்கள் நமக்காக..

great
28th March 2006, 07:41 AM
trata trata taan trata trata taan BGM :roll:

joe
28th March 2006, 07:42 AM
Bay Thampi,
நினைக்க தெரிந்த மனமே!..

what a great song..Have you noticed one thing ..Many of greatest P.suseela songs went to Devika (eg ..sonnathu nee thaana)

Thirumaran
28th March 2006, 07:43 AM
Nenjam undu Naermai Undo Oadu raaja,
Naeram varum kaathirunthu paaru raaja,
Anji Anji vaazhnthathu poathum raja,
Nee Aatru vellam Poal nadanthu Oadu raja..

Adimayin udambil ratham etharku,
Dhinam achapatta koazhaikku illam etharkku,
Kodumayai kandu, kandu nayam etharkku,
Nee kondu vanthathennadaa ??

Movie : En Annan

joe
28th March 2006, 07:45 AM
Nenjam undu Naermai Undo Oadu raaja,
Naeram varum kaathirunthu paaru raaja,
Anji Anji vaazhnthathu poathum raja,
Nee Aatru vellam Poal nadanthu Oadu raja..

Adimayin udambil ratham etharku,
Dhinam achapatta koazhaikku illam etharkku,
Kodumayai kandu, kandu nayam etharkku,
Nee kondu vanthathennadaa ??

Movie : En Annan

This is one of my favourites.

I have a VCD collection of MGR thathuva padalgal.

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2006, 07:48 AM
Bay Thampi,
நினைக்க தெரிந்த மனமே!..

what a great song..Have you noticed one thing ..Many of greatest P.suseela songs went to Devika (eg ..sonnathu nee thaana)

Yeah !! One more of her excellent songs is VAAZHA NINAITHAAL VAAZHALAAM, VAZHIYAA ILLAI BOOMIYIL ... Devika was sooooo pretty too !! :wink: :wink:

Thirumaran
28th March 2006, 07:51 AM
Bay Thampi,
நினைக்க தெரிந்த மனமே!..

Yeah !! One more of her excellent songs is VAAZHA NINAITHAAL VAAZHALAAM, VAZHIYAA ILLAI BOOMIYIL ... Devika was sooooo pretty too !! :wink: :wink:

From Balae Paandiyaa

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2006, 07:53 AM
From Balae Paandiyaa

Yupp !! My mom always sings that !! :)

Raikkonen
28th March 2006, 09:43 AM
Most boring song ever in TamilCinema hisotry is from Vaathyar's movie

Andavan Ulagattin Muthalali....

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 11:16 AM
What was MGR's last movie ?

Raikkonen
28th March 2006, 11:17 AM
Madurayai Meeta Sundrapandiyan

selvakumar
28th March 2006, 12:44 PM
Most boring song ever in TamilCinema hisotry is from Vaathyar's movie

Andavan Ulagattin Muthalali....

:shock:

Siva,
Just listen to the song once again. Take note of the lyrics carefully.

You will understand the truth. It is a philosohical song. Infact, A nice song.

Raikkonen
28th March 2006, 01:08 PM
I knoe..
But its very slow

joe
28th March 2006, 01:11 PM
I knoe..
But its very slow

But there is a difference between slow and boaring..I never get boared listening this song

NOV
28th March 2006, 02:00 PM
melody is boring?

then I guess even new songs can be boring...

en mEl vizhundha mazhai thuliyE
thoda thoda malarndhadhenna
anjali anjali pushppaanjali
thendralE thendralE mella nee veesu
malarE mounamaa
nee kaatru naan maram
maalayil yaarO manadhOdu pEsa

in fact the sakthy kodu song in Baba is based on the "slow" kaalaiyum neeyE maalaiyum neeyE

etc etc

=========================

aandavan ulagaththin mudhalaali
avanukku naanoru thozhilaali
annai boomi madiyin meedhu
anaivarum enadhu koottaali

m_23_bayarea
29th March 2006, 08:25 AM
A BEAUTIFUL Thattuvap paadal from MGR !!!
__________________________________________________ __

Kan Pona Pokkilay Kaal Pogalaamaa
Kaal Pona Pokkilay Manam Pogalaamaa

Manam Pona Pokkilay Manidhan Pogalaamaa
Manam Pona Pokkilay Manidhan Pogalaamaa
Manidhan Pona Paadhayai Marandhu Pogalaamaa
Manidhan Pona Paadhayai Marandhu Pogalaamaa

Nee Paartha Paarvaigal Kanavodu Pogum
Nee Sonna Vaarthaigal Kaatrodu Pogum
Nee Paartha Paarvaigal Kanavodu Pogum
Nee Sonna Vaarthaigal Kaatrodu Pogum
Oor Paartha Unmaigal Unakkaaga Vaazhum
Unaraamal Povorkku Udhavaamal Pogum
Unaraamal Povorkku Udhavaamal Pogum

Poyyaana Sila Paerkku Pudhu Naagareegam
Puriyaadha Pala Paerkku Idhu Naagareegam
Murayaaga Vaazhvorkku Edhu Naagareegam
Munnorgal Sonnaargal Adhu Naagareegam
Munnorgal Sonnaargal Adhu Naagareegam

Thirundhaadha Ullangal Irundhenna Laabam
Varundhaadha Uruvangal Pirandhenna Laabam
Irundhaalum Maraindhaalum Paer Solla Vendum
Ivar Pola Yaar Endru Oor Solla Vendum
Ivar Pola Yaar Endru Oor Solla Vendum

joe
29th March 2006, 09:50 AM
One more vaathiyar song from 'Theivaththaai'

மூன்றெழுத்தில் என் மூச்சிருக்கும்
அது முடிந்த பின்னாலும் பேச்சிருக்கும்
உள்ளம் என்றொரு ஊரிருக்கும்
அந்த ஊருக்குள் எனக்கொரு பேரிருக்கும்
கடமை அது கடமை

வாழை மலர் போல பூமி முகம் பார்க்கும் கோழை குணம் மாற்று தோழா
நாளை உயிர் போகும் இன்று போனாலும் கொள்கை நிறைவேற்று தோழா
அன்பே உன் அன்னை அறிவே உன் தந்தை
உலகே உன் கோவில் ஒன்றே உன் தேவன்

பதவி வரும் போது பணிவும் வர வேண்டும் துணிவும் வர வேண்டும் தோழா
பாதை தவறாமல் பண்பு குறையாமல் பழகி வரவேண்டும் தோழா

m_23_bayarea
29th March 2006, 09:51 AM
One more vaathiyar song from 'Theivaththaai'

மூன்றெழுத்தில் என் மூச்சிருக்கும்
அது முடிந்த பின்னாலும் பேச்சிருக்கும்
உள்ளம் என்றொரு ஊரிருக்கும்
அந்த ஊருக்குள் எனக்கொரு பேரிருக்கும்
கடமை அது கடமை

வாழை மலர் போல பூமி முகம் பார்க்கும் கோழை குணம் மாற்று தோழா
நாளை உயிர் போகும் இன்று போனாலும் கொள்கை நிறைவேற்று தோழா

பதவி வரும் போது பணிவும் வர வேண்டும் துணிவும் வர வேண்டும் தோழா
பாதை தவறாமல் பண்பு குறையாமல் பழகி வரவேண்டும் தோழா

It's one of my most fav Vaathiyaar songs ... But I thought it was from EN KADAMAI !! So it's not huh !! :? :?

joe
29th March 2006, 10:05 AM
Bay thampi,
Yeah..It is 'Theiva thaai' which is a debut movie for K.balachander into filmdom as a dialogue writer.

m_23_bayarea
29th March 2006, 10:06 AM
Bay thampi,
Yeah..It is 'Theiva thaai' which is a debut movie for K.balachander into filmdom as a dialogue writer.

Oh Wow !! So KB has worked in an MGR movie huh ... That's great news to me !! :D :D

Thanks for the lyrics Joe Anna !! :D

Raikkonen
30th March 2006, 09:23 AM
Vatthyar's Ulagam Sutrum Valiban is should be techinically one of the best made movies in Tamil..

He shoot some scenes in India, then mix them with overseas locations..
And with an interesting story too..

Lakshmi JM
31st March 2006, 04:30 PM
[tscii:cb834d6fc2]
Another MGR-Saro combination movie. Here Saro in a dual role. Handsome MGR trying to unravel the mystery of the first Saro’s death. This time its only MSV ruling the film. Its’ none other than ‘Kalankarai Vilakkam’ which has some outstanding songs.

The evergreen ‘Poonyezhil poothathu’ has some excellent lyrics which every interested tamilian would relish. As the character keeps remembering about the dancing legend Sivagami, MGR will be portrayed as Narasimha Pallavar. He would look stunning while Abhinaya Saraswati does her part very well with Sivagami’s movements. Song opens-up with Susila’s voice flowing ‘Oo………..Oo…………’. The lyrics are amazing….
‘Thennaivanathinil unnai mugam thottu yennathai chonnavan vaadugiren..
Unniru kanpattu punpatta nenchil un pattu kai pada paadugiren.’. These need no explanation.
These lyrics remind me of ‘Kan pattathaal unthan meniyile punpatta tho athai naan ariyen’.

Kaathalagarkalukkul kooda kan paduvathu romba kashtam polum.

When you view this song (any MGR-TMS song for that matter before MGR’s bullet removal) it would be as if MGR himself is singing. TMS had different voice modulations for MGR, Sivaji. One will have to recollect that he had a different version even for Jaishankar, Ravichandran, SSR, AVMR and the likes. He’s a gifted singer.

Apparently this is MSV’s first movie after his split with TKR. All songs are a roaring success. ‘Kaatru vaanga ponen’ is another melodious hit. After this movie MGR-MSV combo was an unwritten deal.

Coming back to the song, one would imagine that the background could be a palace as the hero/heroine are portrayed as king and queen. If you read the great novel of Kalki ‘Sivagamiyin Sabatham’ then it would be easier to understand the scenario. Dancer Sivagami is a sculptor’s daughter and not a queen. Prince Narasimha is in love with her and they always end up meeting in a gardent. Here again it’s a normal garden area and graceful dance steps add to the beauty of this song.

It’s a black & white movie and song picturised with great lyrics with rich costumes and jewellery. The hair-do of Saro is like Sivagami’s and MGR would look absolutely majestic. Another feather in the cap of…………………..music lovers.

[/tscii:cb834d6fc2]

m_23_bayarea
1st April 2006, 06:52 AM
[tscii:274b7bef38]
‘Kaatru vaanga ponen’ is another melodious hit. After this movie MGR-MSV combo was an unwritten deal.

[/tscii:274b7bef38]

Lakshmi ... Welcome to the hub !!! :D :D

Very good selection of songs ... Both are rocking ... I dont remember the Ponnezhil Poothathu lyrics by heart .... Got to listen to it a couple of times, and will then write it .... I also love the King's dress of MGR in that song ... Has too many stanzas though !!

But here's the Kaatru Vaanga Poneaen song !! Remember how MGR dances and messes with Saroja Devi ??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Naan kaatru vaangap poanaen oru kavidhai vaangi vandhaen
adhaik kaettu vaangip poanaal andhak kanni enna aanaal

(naan kaatru)

nadai pazhagumboadhu thenral vidai sollikkondu poagum (2)
andha azhagu onru poazhum nenjai allik kondu poagum

(naan kaatru)

nalla nilavu thoongum naeram aval ninaivu thoongavillai (2)
konjam vilagi ninra poadhum en idhayam thaangavillai

(naan kaatru)

en ullam enra oonjal aval ulavuginra maedai (2)
en paarvai neendhum idamoa aval paruvam enra oadai

(naan kaatru)

Thirumaran
1st April 2006, 07:00 AM
That was a wonderful Song bay. I too thought of keeping that song.
En ullam endra Oonjal aval ulavugindra maedai
8-)

Regarding the pair MGR and SarojaDevi, one more song i love is

"Andru vanthathum ithae nila
Indru vanthathum athae nila,
Endrum ullathu orae nila,
Iruvar kannukkum orae nila.
"

Cool and intersting steps from MGR and Saroja Devi..

After the death of Saroja Devi's husband, MGR was asking Saroja Devi to come to politics. But as she was not interested in that she politely denied that.

m_23_bayarea
1st April 2006, 07:02 AM
Regarding the pair MGR and SarojaDevi, one more song i love is

"Andru vanthathum ithae nila
Indru vanthathum athae nila,
Endrum ullathu orae nila,
Iruvar kannukkum orae nila.
"

OMG OMG OMG !! Thirumaran .. Why did you remind me of that song ??? It's my fav duet song of MGR !!! Now you've made me type the lyrics for that one too .. Or my head might explode !! :cry: :cry:

Thirumaran
1st April 2006, 07:05 AM
All the best. :thumbsup:

I am eagerly waiting to see that song here :D

m_23_bayarea
13th April 2006, 06:01 AM
I think this song is from KALANKARAI VILAKKAM ... This is obviously a VERY famous song, that we've all heard growin up, and even now maybe it's heard all over in TN ... The specialty of this song I think is the dance sequences of MGR ... He'll try to impress Saroja Devi, and he'll know that she's actually likin it, and keep goin on and on ... I like the romantic lyrics and the beautiful music, and the nice exotic location too ... It's so funny, some sequences of MGR will be as if he's lost his mind ... But really COOL overall !! 8-) 8-)

Naan kaatru vaangap poanaen oru kavidhai vaangi vandhaen

(naan kaatru)

nadai pazhagumboadhu thenral vidai sollikkondu poagum (2)
andha azhagu onru poazhum nenjai allik kondu poagum

(naan kaatru)

nalla nilavu thoongum naeram aval ninaivu thoongavillai (2)
konjam vilagi ninra poadhum en idhayam thaangavillai

(naan kaatru)

en ullam enra oonjal aval ulavuginra maedai (2)
en paarvai neendhum idamoa aval paruvam enra oadai

(naan kaatru)

NOV
13th April 2006, 07:33 AM
andru vandhadhum idhE nilaa
indru vandhadhum adhE nilaa
endrum ulladhu orE nilaa
iruvar kannukkum orE nilaa
aah aah iruvar kannukkum orE nilaa

ambigaapadhi kanda nilaa
amaraavadhiyai thindra nilaa
kamban paadiya velli nilaa
kaviyil aadiya pillai nilaa
aah aah kaviyil aadiya pillai nilaa

kaadhal romeo kanda nilaa
kanni juliet vendra nilaa
paavai laila paarththa nilaa
paalaivanaththin vanna nilaa
aah aah paalaivanaththin vanna nilaa

naaduthOrum vandha nilaa
naagareegam paarththa nilaa
paarththu paarththu saliththadhilaa
paadhi thEindhadhu velli nilaa
aah aah paadhi thEindhadhu velli nilaa

m_23_bayarea
14th April 2006, 12:21 AM
NOV Anna ... That's a Beautiful song ... In fact my favorite MGR Duet Song ... When TM asked for that song a few weeks ago, I started typin it, but couldnt remember all the stanzas .. So gave up !! I've heard from a lot of elders that this song in those days was talked as great as Vaseegara or Suttum Vizhi now, or even more, for the western, modernized music and dance sequences ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
14th April 2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the lyrics NOV :D

selvakumar
17th April 2006, 01:59 PM
Can someone post the lyrics of

"AAYIRAM KAIGAL MARAITHU NINDRAALUM AATHAVAN MARAIVATHILLAI"

song.

This is election time. I think this song wll be very good. :D

vj_itv
17th April 2006, 02:04 PM
athu entha movie ?

umaramesh
19th April 2006, 12:05 PM
We all know that MAKKAL THIALGAM KOLGAI PADALGAL carry lot of messages. I like this particular lyrics which conveys message for society as well as individual discipline.

THANI ORU MANITHAN THIRUTHI VITTAL SIRAI CHALIGAL THEYVAI ILLAI

IRRUPATHAI ELLAM PODHUVIL VAITHAL EDDAPAVAR YARUM ILLAI

PIRVEYIL EVANUM KURAIGALE SUMANTHE VAZKAYAI THONDGUA VILLAI

PINBU AVANIDUM VALARTHA KURAIKAGALI CHOOANAL VARTHIYIL AADAGA VILLAI.

Hulkster
19th April 2006, 12:10 PM
Quite true Umaramesh...my mum is a hardcore fan of him and particularly follows his social message in the films he acts...there are alot of messages that have been enforced by Anna before.

Watching MGR's movies...i believe he has a very strong love for mothers and respects them alot. He is probably the only actor who works in every theme of a film like music,lyrics and probably more to get the best out of his technicians. His dances was also quite enjoyable to watch too.

S.Balaji
19th April 2006, 02:41 PM
Ramesh

I think the song Thaai mel aanai is from Naan aanayitaal....where MGR will be part of a gang of thieves but will reform himself and make efforts to reform the others...will face challenges but ultimately will succeed........

Thaai mel aanai
thamil mel aanai
kurudargal kannai thirandhu vaipen
thaniaanaalum ...thalai ponaalum
theemaigal nadapadhai thaduthunirpen

I love the words :

Ethanai kaalam manidhan vaanzdhaan enbadhu kelviillai....avan eppadi vaanzdhaan enbadhai unarndhaal vaazkayil tholviyillai !!

great !

RajaRam
19th April 2006, 03:11 PM
athu entha movie ?

Arasa kattalai

Murali Srinivas
19th April 2006, 07:45 PM
Selva,
The song from Arasa Kattali goes like this

Ayiram Kaikal Maraithu Nindralum Adhavan Maraivathilai
Anaikal Itte Yaar Thaduthalum Alaikadal Oyvathilai

Adi Vaa! Adi Vaa! Adi Vaa
Ada Piranthavale Adi Vaa
Pugazh Theda Piranthavalae Adi Vaa

(Adi Vaa--)

Idai Ennum Kodiyada Nadamadi Vaa; Nal
Isai Kondu Azake Nee Theradi Vaa
Tharai Meethu Porada Sathiradi Vaa; Sen
Thamizhae Nee Pagai Vendru Mudi Sooda Vaa

(Adi Vaa--)

Mayilada Vankozhi Thadai Seyvatho
Mankuyil Paada Kottankal Kurai Solvatho
Muyarkootam Singathin Ethir Nirpatho;Athan
Muraiyatra Seyalai Naam Varvelpatho

(Adi Vaa--)

Uyirkku Nigar Intha Nadallavo;Athan
Urimaikku Uriyavarkal Naamallavo
Puyalukkum Neruppukkum Thirai Podavo
Makkal Theerpukku Ethiraga Arasalavo

(Adi Vaa--)

umaramesh
20th April 2006, 01:23 PM
Balaji

Ethanai kaalam manidhan vaanzdhaan enbadhu kelviillai....avan eppadi vaanzdhaan enbadhai unarndhaal vaazkayil tholviyillai

Thanks. I forgot to mention THIS ONE;

UNNKRU PANGUM ENNAKRU PANGUM ULAGINIL NITCHAYAM UNNDU
OOVARU MANITHAN UZHAIPINALUM ULLGAM SEZHIPATHUNDU
ETHUVANTHALUM ETTRU KONDAL THUIVAYEE THUNAYAAYI MARUM

Great words from POOVAI SENGOTTUVAN(I am not sure but I am sure that these lines are not from Valli&Kannadasan).

Songs starts NAAN UNGAL VEETU PILLAI. This time I am contained not to write about MELLISAI MANNAR. BUT ONE WORD. WHAT A COMPOSISTION. THATHUVA PAADLAKKU EPPADI ORU TUNE.

ramesh

S.Balaji
20th April 2006, 01:32 PM
Ramesh

Naan ungal veettu pillai

is from Pudhiya boomi .....

The starting itself will be terrific with TMS in high pitch !

IDHAYAM ENBADHU ROJAVAANAL NINAIVAY NARUMANAM AAGUM !

NAAN UNGAL VEETU PILLAI
IDHU OOR ARINDHA UNMAI

NAAN SELLUGINRA PAADHAI .....

PERR ARIGNAR KAATUM PAADHAI !!

I think by this time, MG was very clear about his political plans !!

S.Balaji
24th April 2006, 09:08 PM
[tscii:b9599d5226]
Makkal Thilagam’s movies always had a dream song. This started once he firmly established himself as a leading hero ( from naadodee mannan ….. kannil vandhu minnal pol kaanudhey from Jikki and TMS ) and this dream song concept was an unsaid agenda even up to Madhurai meeta sundara pandiyan …….. countless number of dream songs in every MGR movie ……Seldom it will be the heroene who dreams ! while MGR will follow the path of a righteous citizen, fighting for justice and a champion of poor etc….

Another funny aspect is where there are 2 heroenes, only one gets the golden opportunity of his lover and other one invariably becomes an adopted sister for Makkal thilagam after the dream sequence …….while she believes that MGR is in love ….MG will counter by politely saying that Naan unnai eppodhum en thangachiyaa dhaan nenaichen !!..... I think the only 2 exceptions were Madurai veeran and Ulagam suttrum vaaliban where he had 2 pairs for the Rajoo character !

Adding more humour to this…the poor second heroene will also reconcile herself immediately and will start calling him Anna !!!!

In other words, the second character despite her disappointment …will never feel bad about MGR but will continue to admire him !!!

The dream songs are not the normal ones……9 out of 10 times, the pair will be in a royal attire ….filled with stars, planets, colorful and huge sets were the order of the day…..

There are many such dream sequences which have become super hits but IMO, its VIZIYAY KADHAI EZUDHU …tops the list of MGR dream songs ….. SIMPLY FOR THE EXTRAORDINARY MELODY ….

It was pleasant surprise for KJY when MGR called him one fine morning asking him to sing

Its Lata’s turn to dream about MGR with all the colours , huge glittering sets and despite his advancing age, MGR’s personality was ok but the face had lost its youth and charm ( must be in the 60s ! )

With lovely strings usage to commence , MSV applies his customary melody and improvisation of words with telling effect …..

Viziyay kathai ezudhu……. Starts like a virutham …….kaneeril …..ezudhadhey………

Manjal vaanam ( from here , there will be nice bangoos support , cellos and piano ) thendral Saatchi unakkagavay naan vaazgiren ……..

There will be a brief pause here …followed by PS …..manjal vaanam thendral Saatchi……

And it’s a lovely support by PS !

MSV is a master of improvisation and no body can deny this ………

What he does now is he repeats the whole viziyay kadhai ezudhu again …..with fine bit of improvisation with subtle changes in the rhythm……. Like KJY ….after the words…kathai ezudhuuuuuu……. With a short gap….he will sing ….Kaneerilllll….ezudhaadhey… !!!

Vow ….that’s what MSV’s music is all about !!!!!

This had been the composing pattern of Mellisai Mannar for ages

The song actually is very lengthy … especially the second interludes ( normally being shown in tv ) were edited by Chennai vanoli nilayam always and one could hear the cut short version only……

Such was the magical touch of MGR that KJY’s popularity ratings went beyond imagination…… he was already a craze in Chennai after the splendid success of DEIVAM THANDHA VEEDU….but this song took him to higher echelons straight away and what followed was a series of songs like Adhisaya ragam, manaivi amaivadhellam, Thangathil mugam eduthu , etc etc….

Hold your breath ……You all will be shocked to hear that this was a Sridhar movie ! and yes it had full of MGR stamp firmly imprinted on it ….poor Sridhar had little to do anything…. Also this movie is a lift from a telugu movie I presume because the dressing style of MGR will be like that

This movie was released in 1974 ! and the melody still intact ! another silken touch of msv , alive even today …..and forms part of Makkal thilagam’s all time musical hits….
There is nothing great to mention about the movie except that it was a routine MG movie …challenging injustice and fighting for poor ….. I wonder how he was so successful despite the routine themes getting repeated time and again …..

The Sridhar MGR combo didn’t end here. He did another movie Meenava nanban ….I wonder what compulsions made Sridhar to associate with MGR as he must have had little scope to present his style….may be the race for survival must have made him to join hands with MGR…

Was MGR , the pioneer of dream songs ?!
[/tscii:b9599d5226]

Thirumaran
25th April 2006, 02:02 AM
Balaji,
That was an nice analysis on MGR's heroines. :lol: .

The particular formula(2 heroine) was followed in many movies after that. So sad that our directors running out of creativity. :(

And ur narration on the song Vizhiyae Kathai Yethuthi :thumbsup:

I will put some of the things i came across regarding that song.
For that song, MGR and Sridhar were having different opinion on how to shoot that song.
While sridhar wanted to shoot that in the seashore(initial parts of that song will be like that now), MGR wanted that one to be taken in some attrative sets like the way it was taken now. MGR felt it(song) will be bigger hit if it is taken like the way he wished. Finally Sridhar had to give up on this and it was taken as per wish of MGR. And it was hugely received by the public.
Of course if it was taken in the manner sridhar felt it could have been a classic even in terms of Visual also.

Coming back to why Sridhar chose MGR. I think it was all to do with the finacial status of Sridhar. That is what i heard or came across. Some one can correct me if i am wrong.

Sridhar had his own production house Chitralaya and many of his movies came from his production house only.
Before Urimai Kurala few of his Hindi and Tamil movies did not do well and he was in a financial problem. Even the movie he did with Shivaji before that (I think Sivantha Mann) could not solve his financial problems.
So he had no other option other than chosing MGR.
And it did wonders.

During that period two of the directors whose movies were always remembered as Director's movie are
1. Sridhar
2. K Balachandar
KB always avoided Shivaji and MGR in his movies except one movie for Shivaji(Ethiroli) and one movie of MGR as dialogue writer. He always felt if he joins with MGR or Shivaji it wont be remembered as his movie.

Due to compulsions Sridhar could not avoid doing movie with MGR. However he did few movies with Shivaji unlike KB.