PDA

View Full Version : MAKKAL THILAGAM MGR !!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Cod
29th December 2005, 01:38 AM
There were sufficient eye witnesses (aged 60+ now) who saw the release of the brand new chappals from MGR's feet, airborne for 2 seconds and crashlanding on or near Rajini's body.

Ofcourse Rajini was nothing more than a ugly "extra" at that time. So no harm done.

:roll:

Its true. It was the leading tabloid gossip of the late Seventies.

Latha was the friction point between MGR and Rajini. MGR slapped Rajini with chappal when Rajini came to meet Latha in MGR's mansion. It seems Latha had forgotten about a prior dating appointment with Rajini.

:oops:

MGR is wayy to diplomatic to do somthign like that in Public! That is clearly just a rumor!I dont know about seruppadi... Rajini had friction with MGR in Latha matter...

Friction = Fact.

Serupadi = Vadhandhi... :oops:

Surya
29th December 2005, 01:38 AM
dign

:same-here: refers to Photoshop and other types of 'editing' software like Final Cut Pro! 8-)

It also refers to the :extreme-irrutation: part! :P

Surya
29th December 2005, 01:39 AM
Crab,
Shut up! :evil:

Ur not only insulting rajini, but also MGR! Only an impulsive eccentric charecter would do that! And that's the opposite of what MGR was! :roll:

S.Balaji
29th December 2005, 01:21 PM
Dear All...

Shall we focus on MGR's positive side ....

every human being has a positive and negative side

Lets appreciate the ++s and forget / forgive the --

Lets exchange more about MGR's achievements in Cinema

Bye

S.Balaji
29th December 2005, 03:34 PM
[tscii:801be47b7e]There are some movies of Makkal Thilagam which were not typical of his type …like Naan yen pirandhen……wherein MGR will appear as a middle aged person, married with children finding it difficult to make both ends meet …..

Even Anbay vaa was a different subject... a total entertainer… a movie sans fighting ( even the last scene was a fun )

I believe Anbay vaa is the second movie for Mellisai Mannar with MGR after the duo got split , the first one being Kalangarai vilakkam ! great….two evergreen compositions !!
Before taking up an assignment, a seasoned MD should understand the theme and screen play so that one can plan a song for a given situation and how it will impact the movie …and this separates an ordinary MD from a genius like MSV and IR …

The movie is complete in all aspects…for the splendid picturisation ( colour ) , scintillating composition and the background music and above all enjoyable comedy scenes , funny exchanges between MGR and Sarojadevi …. even the hero character of MGR was portrayed like a business head , tired of his fast routine, needs a welcome break and goes off to a hill station to relax in toto

All through the movie, there will be a sweet guitar and accordion BGM …especially the bungalow scenes and whenver MGR meets Sarojadevi …a sort of theme music

When we analyse MGR’s songs, we tend to break into 4 type :

1.Kolgai parrappu - Neenga naala irukkanum naadu munnera, Naan padithen kaanjiyilay netru , Paatathu raajavum , etc
2.Love duets – Countless numbers but I wish to mention a few atleast….Rajavin paarvai, Nalladhu kannay, Sirithaal thanga padhumai, Ulagamengum oray mozi, thangathil mugameduthu , inbamay undhan per penmayo etc……
3.MGR solo – Karai mel pirakka vaithaan, Koduthadhellaam koduthaan, Odum megangalay , adho andha paravai pola etc
4.Duet with a difference - Thulluvadho ilamai, kannay kaniyay muthay maniyay arugay vaa, enna porutham namakkul indha porutham , Naadu adhai naadu , aadaludan paadalai kettu …….

IMO, I will rank NAAN PAARTHADHILAY AVAL ORUTHIYAY THAAN in 4 above…..

A cheerful MGR, in disguise as a tourist though he is the real owner of the bungalow , plays fun with everyone, including Sarojadevi…teases her quite frequently …only to reveal the truth soon that all were for fun …inbetween the jovial exchanges with T.R.Ramachandran and Nagesh ( this is one of Nagesh’s top comedy movies )

Actually the song starts with MGR disappearing suddenly and Saro searches for an elusive voice which comes like an echo……NAAN PAARTHADHILAY…..and Makkal thilagam , in a flash will resurface and starts singing ….. this is another teaser only
MGR’s limitations as a dancer were also well known but somehow he managed to make up for that shortcoming by having short steps and mini movements to make it attractive and appreciable …this song sequence is another instance wherein Makkal thilagam , will make fun at Saro by walking in a funny manner, dancing mildly which will prompt Saro to respond in the later half by singing…Oru naal illai oru naal …..and this will make MG wonder , what she is trying to communicate ! from here he will be a passive player to the song
Lovely picturisation ….extensive coverage of the hill station and the nature at its best !

The song will have a fitting finale with a loud guitar finish….with MG and Saro’s face shown at close quarters…..

A casual MGR , in the early part of the movie will also talk about systems driven organization ! when his assistant Ramdas advises / requests him to take rest and join the office the next day , Makkal thilagam, in a very gentle manner will respond by asking….a good process and systems driven organization with qualified personnel , can function even without a head ! vow …terrific thinking

On seeing the bright sun shining in Shimla , upon reaching , MGR will express all the cheer of someone who had been longing for this moment in life ! somebody so stressed in his work….dearly looking forward to a break ….atlast got it what he wished ! and here comes the famous song…. PUDHIYA VAANAM……PUDHIYA BHOOMI…..Nice presence of mind from MSV …as MGR will be singing close to the valley, he used echo for Pudhiya vaanam……

The stress that we undergo in our day to day life also prompts us to look for some relaxation either to go to a hill station especially during summer or take a total break from routine and move to some village side and refresh ourselves….and this is what MGR advises us through this total entertainer of a movie …..
[/tscii:801be47b7e]

nilavupriyan
29th December 2005, 06:00 PM
U wont call him a good person?......all know his personal life!...its not our duty to weigh a person according to personal life!.

Really?!

Why do you have to skip that completely?!

I dont understadn your bs,EVER.

Wherever I go you come up with this CRAP!

Personal life ALWAYS counts.

As a person if someone (I dont mean mgr here, NOTE) is a child-molester, even if he gives life to million. He is a SCUM and SICK! :twisted:

You better get that. And CUT the bullshit about nothing wrong even if someone molests young kids blah blah blah FOR EVER! :evil:

child molesting?..vera edhuvume kedaikalaya?.... :x

anyway...did M.G.R's personal life affect anyone?....unless it affects anyone u should not comment on his personal life...he is playboy..but that doesnt affect anyone.....but child molesting is different :banghead: !

M.G.R is the best person in public life in cine history till now!...and the real "super star"

stranger
29th December 2005, 08:39 PM
M.G.R is the best person in public life in cine history till now!...and the real "super star"

He was just good actor in the real life. I doubt such a person can have a great heart. As I see so many worshippers of MGR here, I just dont want to argue with you here.

So I let you win this time! :P

Go, pray him in his temple just like any other ignorant theist! :twisted:

vetrivendan
29th December 2005, 08:41 PM

He was just good actor in the real life. I doubt such a person can have a great heart. As I see so many worshippers of MGR here, I just dont want to argue with you here.

Go, pray him in his temple just like any other ignorant theist! :twisted:Enna stranger, MGR mela avlo enna veruppu? :?: :?: :?:

nilavupriyan
29th December 2005, 08:46 PM

Go, pray him in his temple just like any other ignorant theist! :twisted:

who is acting is real life..

have u seen junior vikatan of last week?

rajni is flashed in the front page!...do u know the reason?

latha rajnikanth called the affected children in kumbakonam fire accidennt to give fund and planting trees in memory of those children!...but after 700 hundred people came from kumbakonam for planting trees in memory of the children and many to get fund they were disappointed...

funds were not given and trees were not planted!....just asharam schools 10th year anniversary was celebrated......latha rajnikanth just informed that money will be given after a cassette release of hers and the profit will be given to them fully!...they were all disappointed....is she using them for selling her cassettes?

another thing is ...lots of children were waiting for seeing rajni...and many were so eager from the day they started from kumbakonam.but rajni just sat in the stage for 10 minutes and went away...dint have a word with even a single child..he went away for shooting!..the children were so disappointed and the parents had tought ime to console them!great heart this guy have!

read junior vikatan with the interview given by the parents of the children!

M.G.R is a real gem!read the instances abt M.G.R' s heart that i have posted before!

stranger
29th December 2005, 10:01 PM
Idid not say "Rajni is the best person in public life in cine history till now!...and the real "super star""

DID I?????? :roll:

Why the hell your bring up this crap NOW??? :twisted:

nilavupriyan
29th December 2005, 10:13 PM
Idid not say "Rajni is the best person in public life in cine history till now!...and the real "super star""

DID I?????? :roll:

Why the hell your bring up this crap NOW??? :twisted:

just said to explain what is acting in real life!

stranger
30th December 2005, 12:05 AM
yeah, go visit,

manjuLA and vijaykumar, who used to sing:

"puratchi thalaivarai ninaiththaalE veeram pongi peruguthaadaa?"

They both will tell you the REAL STORY which any dumb-head like you can understand! :twisted:

Surya
30th December 2005, 02:48 AM

Go, pray him in his temple just like any other ignorant theist! :twisted:Enna stranger, MGR mela avlo enna veruppu? :?: :?: :?:

AIADMK illa? Athunaale thaan! :lol:

:P

Avenger
30th December 2005, 03:22 AM
Im reporting this...u r gonna get banned :rotfl:

stranger
30th December 2005, 03:31 AM
And why are quoting all these bs???

Have not you leant how to post here in the hub without your bullshit???

You should first learn to shut up if you dont aunderstand, avenger! :twisted:

Otherwise think of a new avatar! :twisted:

Avenger
30th December 2005, 03:33 AM
:yawn: manasula periya Anniyannu nenappaa :rotfl:

You should first learn to shut up, avenger! :twisted:

Avenger
30th December 2005, 03:37 AM
Annuyankku adi vaanganum pola.ANyway im not in for a fight.......

And why are quoting all these bs???

Have not you leant how to post here in the hub without your bullshit???

You should first learn to shut up if you dont aunderstand, avenger! :twisted:

Surya
30th December 2005, 03:52 AM
Im reporting this...u r gonna get banned :rotfl:

U should know where to draw the line! :lol: THis isn't banning material! :oops:

Avenger
30th December 2005, 03:54 AM
Again a post worth to ban you...the first word is U and thats enough for an ip ban :rotfl:

Justice
30th December 2005, 03:55 AM
avenger,

you are here in this thread? :evil: spamming :evil:

Surya
30th December 2005, 03:56 AM
Again a post worth to ban you...the first word is U and thats enough for an ip ban :rotfl:

U....U....U should get more exp with the mods here Avenger! :lol:

Surya
30th December 2005, 03:57 AM
avenger,

you are here in this thread? :evil: spamming :evil:

Good point machi! That's enough to get avenger banned! :oops: :wink: But I ain't gonna report. :roll: :lol:

Avenger
30th December 2005, 03:59 AM
I was banned or was exiled for 10 days once :oops:

U....U....U should get more exp with the mods here Avenger! :lol:

Surya
30th December 2005, 04:00 AM
Machi,
Chat thead.

nilavupriyan
30th December 2005, 07:43 AM
avarum avaru thalaivar maadhiriye vetti udhar vidradhula periya aalu!... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:yawn: manasula periya Anniyannu nenappaa :rotfl:

You should first learn to shut up, avenger! :twisted:

nilavupriyan
30th December 2005, 07:47 AM
yeah, go visit,

manjuLA and vijaykumar, who used to sing:

"puratchi thalaivarai ninaiththaalE veeram pongi peruguthaadaa?"

They both will tell you the REAL STORY which any dumb-head like you can understand! :twisted:

thats better than singing songs for present super stars who act cruelly in real life :x :x :x :x

after reading that junior vigtan article i really understood the mentallity of so called super stars

Surya
30th December 2005, 08:27 AM
Nilavu,
What did Rajini do taht was cruel?? :huh:

nilavupriyan
30th December 2005, 06:44 PM
Nilavu,
What did Rajini do taht was cruel?? :huh:

have u seen junior vikatan of last week?

rajni is flashed in the front page!...do u know the reason?

latha rajnikanth called the affected children in kumbakonam fire accidennt to give fund and planting trees in memory of those children!...but after 700 hundred people came from kumbakonam for planting trees in memory of the children and many to get fund they were disappointed...

funds were not given and trees were not planted!....just asharam schools 10th year anniversary was celebrated......latha rajnikanth just informed that money will be given after a cassette release of hers and the profit will be given to them fully!...they were all disappointed....is she using them for selling her cassettes?

another thing is ...lots of children were waiting for seeing rajni...and many were so eager from the day they started from kumbakonam.but rajni just sat in the stage for 10 minutes and went away...dint have a word with even a single child..he went away for shooting!..the children were so disappointed and the parents had tought ime to console them!great heart this guy have!

read junior vikatan with the interview given by the parents of the children!

Thirumaran
30th December 2005, 10:34 PM
MGR is one of the Great Film Personality Indian cinema ever had.
Though he acted in lesses number of movies nobody can match the popularity of MGR in Tamil Nadu.

Dont bring the rumors against MGR which anybody was not sure of.

He was following certain great principles in the Tamil movie.

1. Not to smoke and drink in the screen. (This is one of great thing which i think other actors also should follow. If it is necessary for the story then it is OK. MGR knows that whatever he does in the screen could be followed by the fans. Hence he avoided these things in screen)
2. Positive messages in the movies.

Also in the real life he was doing as much good things he could do. EHe was referred to as Eighth vallal by several people. I have hheard so many people saying benefits they got from MGR in several magazines and in television.

He is truly a Gem of a Person.

:clap:

My favourites movies of MGR are

1. Aayirathil Oruvan.
2. Enga Veetu Pillai
3. Adimai Pen.
4. Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban.
5. Naadodi Mannan.

nilavupriyan
30th December 2005, 10:37 PM
MGR is one of the Great Film Personality Indian cinema ever had.
Though he acted in lesses number of movies nobody can match the popularity of MGR in Tamil Nadu.

Dont bring the rumors against MGR which anybody was not sure of.

He was following certain great principles in the Tamil movie.

1. Not to smoke and drink in the screen. (This is one of great thing which i think other actors also should follow. If it is necessary for the story then it is OK. MGR knows that whatever he does in the screen could be followed by the fans. Hence he avoided these things in screen)
2. Positive messages in the movies.

Also in the real life he was doing as much good things he could do. EHe was referred to as Eighth vallal by several people. I have hheard so many people saying benefits they got from MGR in several magazines and in television.

He is truly a Gem of a Person.

My favourites movies of MGR are

1. Aayirathil Oruvan.
2. Enga Veetu Pillai
3. Adimai Pen.
4. Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban.
5. Naadodi Mannan.

thirumaran...u have my taste

Thirumaran
30th December 2005, 10:52 PM
:D

Nilavu,
Me too think the same.

My favourite actors past and present are MGR and Kamal

Both of them are great technicians who excels in many departments.

Of course Kamal a step ahead.

:thumbsup:

Justice
30th December 2005, 11:58 PM
ada ada ada
My name is justice
I'm also an admirer of MGR :clap:

S.Balaji
31st December 2005, 12:26 AM
Stranger and Nilavupriyan....

Just a suggestion to both....

You may settle scores about Rajini in another thread but IMO its absolutely of no relevance in MGR thread ....

Best regards

Thirumaran
31st December 2005, 12:27 AM
justice,
What is ur original name. I have seen several of your posts. You have a good humour sense.

Coming Back to MGR's Talents, I read this in some magazine. For Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban movie(USV) ( Directed by Makkal Thilagam) MGR asked MSV to record songs for USV before going to foreign locations for the movie. MSV was asking for the situations. Since the story itself was not ready ,MGR asked MSV to record few love songs, one message songs, etc. If you see the movie nobody will believe that the songs were recorded even before development of the story. The movie is one among the greatest entertainment movies of Tamil Cinema with social message. What a great mind MGR had.

kb
31st December 2005, 12:31 AM
MGR and Kamal were really gr8 persons on screen.. but i havent heard gud words abt MGR in their real life. may be i may be wrong. coz it was told by 70 yr old people.

Thirumaran
31st December 2005, 12:45 AM
MGR and Kamal were really gr8 persons on screen.. but i havent heard gud words abt MGR in their real life. may be i may be wrong. coz it was told by 70 yr old people.

A simple logic.

If he is not good in real life he would not have been ruling Tamil Nadu for 10 years continously. He won the elections even without any major alliance.
Once he was ill the whole Tamil Nadu was praying for his recovery.
Do you think this will happen to any other politician/actor of tamil nadu.
The kind of popularity he got among Tamil people nobody could never imagine about. In politics who said bad things about MGR also, in the later stages praised MGR (eg. Vaiko, TR).

Those who are loyal supporters of DMK only used to say that MGR is bad and several non existing stories about him.

Let us not talk about rumours which nobody can prove. Let us talk about the greatness which were publicly appreciated or good works of Makkal thilagam in the cine field.

Justice
2nd January 2006, 08:06 AM
Let us not talk about rumours which nobody can prove. Let us talk about the greatness which were publicly appreciated or good works of Makkal thilagam in the cine field.

many rumours were created to pull him down from his place. He's the best personality :clap:

umaramesh
3rd January 2006, 03:36 PM
Thirumaran
You ae right. MGR told MSV to compose songs like this

one padagu song
one dream song
one song with children
one song for EXPO 70

but he manage adopt the song very well in that movie. Ever green numbers from MSV. remarkable variety. You can go through the separate thread created for USV

ramesh

NTR
3rd January 2006, 04:12 PM
MGR is the no.1 Superstar in India..
He never smokes, drinks,
every movie theres mother sentiment....
even in his movies, theres no scene where he ties thali..

mani234
3rd January 2006, 05:09 PM
MGR A MAN WHO MOST OF THE POLITICIANS NOW DREAM OF BECOMING!!!
MGR may be talked ill by some but still he was kind and took care of the poor and helped them a lot!!!!!
or else he wudnot hav won the elections lying ill in USA!!!!many said that he is dead but still people were confident MGR will come back to rule them!!!!

POWER OF MGR IS UNMATCHED!!!!

stranger
3rd January 2006, 08:19 PM

I recently heard a song from mgr movie, Idhayakani rated U.

Here is what few lines I heard:

ithazhE ithazhE thEn vENdum.

in the middle someone was saysing:

haa, mella mella thodungaL

and all kind of moaning worse than any A-rated movies of S J Surya

Tell me thiru. thriumaraa!

What message he was giving to public through this song?

It is not a rumour!

You can rent it and watch the movie with YOUR FAMILY as it is rated U. 8-)

stranger
3rd January 2006, 10:28 PM
MGR knows that whatever he does in the screen could be followed by the fans.

Just like any other actors' fnas MGR fans have as many smokers as Shivaji or Rajni fans.

Show me a data which shows that MGR fans smoke less than shivaji fans.

What you dont know is you cant bs around here with these kind of CRAP! :lol:

Thirumaran
3rd January 2006, 11:02 PM

Tell me thiru. thriumurugaa!

It is not a rumour!

When I think about MGR's movie songs i could recollect severeal good songs. When you think about MGR's songs these kind of comes into your mind. That shows the taste of yours.
:(

Even if there are certain lines which you feel is A rated, the song is the one which he sings with his wife/ lover. I dont see anyting wrong with that.

By the i am not interested in any argument. I said let us talk about good things. If you are still interested in talking bad things only then carry on. I will definetly appreciate your good work.

Thirumaran
3rd January 2006, 11:02 PM

Tell me thiru. thriumurugaa!

It is not a rumour!

When I think about MGR's movie songs i could recollect severeal good songs. When you think about MGR's songs these kind of comes into your mind. That shows the taste of yours.

Even if there are certain lines which you feel is A rated, the song is the one which he sings with his wife/ lover. I dont see anyting wrong with that.

By the i am not interested in any argument. I said let us talk about good things. If you are still interested in talking bad things only then carry on. I will definetly appreciate your good work.

stranger
3rd January 2006, 11:09 PM

Is that so????

So one can show the WHOLE bed-room scene if he is having sex with is wife in the movie??? :twisted:

And you can use yur political influence to ge an U-certificate????

Who told you that anyway it is okay to show everything if it is a legal relationship, huh? :lol:

Thirumaran
3rd January 2006, 11:10 PM
MGR knows that whatever he does in the screen could be followed by the fans.

Just like any other actors' fnas MGR fans have as many smokers as Shivaji or Rajni fans.

Show me a data which shows that MGR fans smoke less than shivaji fans.

What you dont know is you cant bs around here with these kind of CRAP! :lol:

I do accept that Many of the MGR's fans could be chain smokers. The point is not that. Even if few of his followers changes their mind after watching his movies that is more than enough. Atleast nobody will start smoking/ drinking beacause of his movies. I think that itself is more than enough.

I dont have any data as you asked. I know 2 persons saying they stopped smoking once they become fans of MGR.

1. My Father.
2. My Neighbour who is of same age as my Father.

Also i have come across certain people who started smoking by looking at their star smoke in the screen. They started it as a style and got addicted.

If you believe it or not that is the truth.

Also being an MGR fan I never smoked/ drank in my life for the past 27 years.

stranger
3rd January 2006, 11:14 PM
I know the cigarrette sales is more when an MGR film is screened when compared to a shivaji film in the rural area because u see young and middle aged men ffnas in MGR film! :cool:

So, his demenstration gets nowhere but it only tries to showing off like he is a nice guy in the world to the IGNORANT morons!

stranger
3rd January 2006, 11:15 PM
I have neighbor he is a #1 mgr fans smokes two packs of marlboro everyday! :)

Keep this also in your account! :lol:

Avenger
3rd January 2006, 11:18 PM
Jus coz MGR smokes u say that his fans smoke....
MGR has 4 wives,Y not his fans try the same :rotfl:

Thirumaran
3rd January 2006, 11:19 PM

Is that so????

So one can show the WHOLE bed-room scene if he is having sex with is wife in the movie??? :twisted:

And you can use yur political influence to ge an U-certificate????

Who told you that anyway it is okay to show everything if it is a legal relationship, huh? :lol:

Without any knowledge dont talk rubbish. The movie Idayakani came after he come out of DMK who were ruling at that time. Where is the question of Political Influene :o

Justice
3rd January 2006, 11:23 PM
all actor's songs had bad lyrics so what :huh:

doesn't RK have?

doesn't KH have?

Thirumaran
3rd January 2006, 11:24 PM
I have neighbor he is a #1 mgr fans smokes two packs of marlboro everyday! :)

Keep this also in your account! :lol:

Is there any problem with your eyes. Please see my post properly and then post. If you did not understand what i wrote please call me and i will explain the same. My number is 203-326-2453

By the way dont spoil this thread. :(

Justice
3rd January 2006, 11:24 PM
MGR is a good personality

he was the best

if anyone can prove me wrong, prove me then

Thirumaran
3rd January 2006, 11:30 PM
Jus coz MGR smokes u say that his fans smoke....
MGR has 4 wives,Y not his fans try the same :rotfl:

I dont want to argue once again in this thread regarding this. I have already said in this thread not to talk anything personal. I believe you would have come to this world after MGR's Death. How many persons you enquired about his personal in these years. Or which magazine u searched which have proper eveidence of all these things.
:o

Sanguine Sridhar
3rd January 2006, 11:33 PM
Stop talking abt actors personal things.As if all of you(Public) are clean

S.Balaji
3rd January 2006, 11:47 PM
dear All,

Once again requesting you all to focus on the main topic.... on the positive side of Makkal thilagam and not to throw mud on each other

Happy new year 2006

Alien
4th January 2006, 06:59 AM
I do accept that Many of the MGR's fans could be chain smokers. The point is not that. Even if few of his followers changes their mind after watching his movies that is more than enough. Atleast nobody will start smoking/ drinking beacause of his movies. I think that itself is more than enough.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also i have come across certain people who started smoking by looking at their star smoke in the screen. They started it as a style and got addicted.

If you believe it or not that is the truth.

They wouldn't have an answer for this :twisted: .....
:thumbsup:

stranger
4th January 2006, 11:50 PM
So, an actor should come and

* save a kezhavi, *

* ask latha whether the maangaai she stole, is" kaayaa illai pazhamaa" (how can a mangaai be a pazham :roll: )

* wave your hand in all the directions for every song

are the real acting????

If shivaji did not drink and smoke how would one create character such as

* sinna jameen and drunkard in vasantha maaLigai

or

* an egoistic barristor rajnikanth in Gauravam

in the world, moronic clowns????

paNdaaramA nadichittu oorukku ubathEpannittu thiriyirathuthaan nadippu????

What a waste you are thirumaaraa! :(

nilavupriyan
4th January 2006, 11:55 PM

* save a kezhavi, *

* ask latha whether the maangaai she stole, is" kaayaa illai pazhamaa" (how can a mangaai be a pazham :roll: )

are the real acting????

* sinna jameen and drunkyard in vasantha maaLigai

or

we are not talking abt the acting ability of m.g.r....just his public image and his generosity!

if u consider those things u have mentioned....only shivaji and kamal are actors!

i have seen some heroes who had done police officer role with un-buttoned kaaki shirt,pant inside the boots,t-shirt inside etc....

m.g.r is better

stranger
5th January 2006, 12:05 AM
m.g.r is better

In what?

figuring out a maangaai is kaayaa illai pazhamA? :rotfl:

Thirumaran
5th January 2006, 12:06 AM

* save a kezhavi, *

are the real acting????

* sinna jameen and drunkyard in vasantha maaLigai

or

I accept my defeat. I am a waste. You are the most intellegent who knows more about everything. Please do not spam in this thread. You can go to Rajini and Vijay's thread and talk about their meaningful movies and their acting abilities and compare them with MGR and be happy. Let the other people make some meaningful discussion over here.

nilavupriyan
5th January 2006, 12:07 AM
m.g.r is better

In what?

figuring out a maangaai is kaayaa illai pazhmA? :rotfl:

no...

better than guys who had done police officer role with un-buttoned kaaki shirt,pant inside the boots,t-shirt inside etc....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..
:lol:

pandianin raajiyathil uyyalala

stranger
5th January 2006, 12:08 AM
I accept my defeat. I am a waste.

Thanks! :)

I like a real man like you who is whole-heartedly accepting the defeat! :notworthy:

Take care! :)

S.Balaji
7th January 2006, 06:09 PM
[tscii:2e0e67c3be]
Shall we analyse some of the songs that featured in Makkal thilagam’s movies …….

Its an established fact that MGR had a wonderful flair for music . This also had made legendary composers like MSV-TKR, KVM benefited to a larger extent.

Another classic example is 2 splendid compositions that Shankar Ganesh duo did for :

1.Naan yen pirandhen
2.Idhaya veenai

From an above average standards , ShankarGanesh’s fame rose to dizzy heights after the 2 movies…..and they are still being remembered today for the above 2 movies ! and such was the extraordinary musical sense by MGR !

Rarely we have come across MGR’s songs not being popular…….

The late 60s and early 70s witnessed some incredible music from Mellisai Mannar .

KANNAN EN KAADHALAN

I restrict myself to the songs only as MGR was ahead of times on picturisation ( Makkal Thilagam did wonders despite the not so advanced stages of cinematography )…probably to overcome his limitations as an actor ( say like Shivaji ) he focused on other finer aspects of making a movie and established himself as a model for future generation. ….sheer survival instinct must have made MGR successful in life …after all when he became a dominant hero, he was already in his late 30s !

The greatness of the 2 legendary personalities MSV and IR stems from the fact that they studied the whole storyline , at times guide the Director as to how and when a song can be positioned so that it will have maximum impact which ultimately will contribute to the overall success of the movie…..such was their professional commitment ….there were instances where both had made mind boggling changes at the last minute to make a tune or a BGM more meaningful …..

There is a reason for highlighting this fact as, in this movie too , a song was needed to PROVOKE and ENTHUSE A HANDICAPPED PERSON TO STAND UP AND DANCE ….

How to make one handicapped character cheerful and stand up , dance ??

The tune, the rhythm and the background music should be so scintillating that it automatically triggers passion and enthusiasm ……..

Here comes a brilliant, imaginative composition from the LITTLE MASTER OF MELODY

PAADUVOR PAADINAAL AADA THONDRUM….

This song was finalized after several tunes by MSV and finally shorlisted and finalized by MGR……

True ….. when TMS is the singer , the pulling power of his voice will make even someone down physiologically and psychologically, to get thrilled and stand up to dance !

And when it gets associated with stalwarts like Mellisai mannar, Makkal thilagam ….its something special…….

Its no wonder that JJ will start dancing …. At times twist dance also …..

The situation ….. MGR , in a birthday party, in suit , sitting proudly with a piano and starts …….

TMS starts with somewhat like a virutham…slowly singing Paaduvor paadinaal ( a gentle piano background )

After a brief pause , there will be splendid combination of Piano and violin with tabla and drums and bangoos once again ! ( with just these support instruments MSV created a magic those days ) finally with clapping…..

There will be parallel shots showing a cheerful MGR, the party members , JJ’s foot , trying to control but gradually getting tempted by the pull of the song’s rhythm, shaking of head acknowledging the splendid rhythm and finally will storm in to dance…..

Paaduvor paadinaal aadathondrum…..

The interludes before the charanam …..paatil suvaiyirundhaal aatam thaanay varum…..its a virtual war between flute , piano, violin, tabla again !

One gets tempted to rewind several times when TMS reaches the stage ….Thannai marandhadhu kandu , thulli ezundhadhu vandu…..nooladarndha idai dhaan neliya…nooru kodi vindhai puriya…….nooru kodi vindhai puriya……. A big pause …….and TMS resumes again with a clapping

The tune, the rhythm pattern will all be exact match for the situation…. MG trying to enthuse cheer and audio delight …. will make everyone dance automatically

Also, as the scene warranted Makkal thilagam to sit and play Piano, he was totally restricted from making his routine mannerisms…..Kayyayum kaalayum asaikaamal MGR illai ! but as if he is tied to the instrument, MG will respond to the song ……at times using one hand to run through the piano while using the other hand for demonstrating his expressions ! quite a fascinating character Makkal thilagam is !

The same song will get repeated and this time the scenario will be totally different as Vanishree will be tempted to stand up and dance…..

SIRITHAAL THANGA PADHUMAI…adada adada enna pudhumai…..koduthen endhan manadhai ……. A song which will speak volumes of MSV melody…. Its another gem of a duet from PS – TMS…..This is a typical Makkal thilagam song , loaded with melody….this type of song , one can hear quite regularly in his movies….few examples are Unnai paarthu kondirundhaal paatu varum, Chinnavalai mugam sivandhavalai….

MINIMINAY KANMANIYAY KONDAVALAY ENNIDAMAY…… a song with a difference….rhythm pattern will be different …..TMS this time with LRE …its one of the best of LRE

One reason why MSV songs are still being cherished now , could be that of his long association with Makkal thilagam…..who must have made MSV work overtime and stretch to the maximum so that the best output comes….the more you ignite a gold and more will be its shine …..

I have heard that some of MSV - MGR’s rejected tunes were used for other movies and they also became hits later !

I continue to wonder the enchanting melodies of Makkal thilagam’s movies which have stood the test of times and are still being heard at large …….

For those who question Makkal thilagam’s limitations as an actor should look at other positive sides ……his flair for music, the picturisation, the manner in which he instituted basic discipline through his movies , the way he positioned himself smartly to capture the hearts of the entire Tamilnadu

Lets appreciate the fact that anything that is conveyed through a movie gets the attention of an ordinary citizen and its paramount that positive messages are communicated and MG took care that they are presented in the most ideal manner

Lets also forget and forgive his off screen image on personal front with fellow stars …..Are we 100 % pure, clean and sincere in our personal life ?? lets ask this question to our inner consciousness and you will get an answer ….

[/tscii:2e0e67c3be]

Thirumaran
9th January 2006, 02:12 AM
One of my favourite MGR song os Vizhiyae kathai ezhuthu.. from Urimai Kural.
I think it was Yesudass's first song in tamil. Is that right?

The director of the movie(Sridhar) was interested in taking the song completely in Seashore with MGR and latha walking around. MGR thought it will be good to take the song with the costumes of Prince and princess with expensive sets.

Because of this there was a misunderstanding between Sridhar and MGR.
Definetly it could have been a class if it would have taken in the manner Sridhar liked. MGR thought it may not not reach the mass.
Finally it was taken as per MGR's wish and became a massive hit.

Vizhiyae kathai yezhuthu,
Kaneeril yezhuthathae,
Manjal vaanam.. Thendral saatchi,
unakkaagavaey naan vaazhgiraean..

S.Balaji
9th January 2006, 12:33 PM
Thirumaran

Viziyay kadhai ezudhu is one of the best songs of MGR and its Yesudas's first song for Makkal thilagam...

Actually its a very lengthy song with splendid interludes composed by MSV...its a pity that those days, Chennai vaanoli nilayam had edited the interludes and you could hear a cut short version only

You will also realise that the style of the entire movie was typical MGR's and not Sridhar's and this sums up the whole story.....

MGR always wanted his style and thoughts implanted on his movies....

Shakthiprabha.
9th January 2006, 01:00 PM
dign:

vizhiyE was not yesudas's first song.

his first song was in some old movie,,directed by VEENAI BALACHANDAR.

Movie was called BOMMAI

his song was........

"neeyum bommai
naanum bommai
nenachu partha
ellaaam bommai"

end dign.

S.Balaji
9th January 2006, 01:30 PM
SP

You are right . Neeyum bommai was KJY's first tamil song
I think for MGR his first song was Viziyay kadhai ezudhu.

Pl confirm this.

Shakthiprabha.
9th January 2006, 02:00 PM
not sure balaji. I think yes. that may be the first one.

IF i am not wrong hez sung "nalai namathE" songs.

"neela nayanangaLil oru neenda kanavu vanthathu"

If tht movie is after the movie u mentioned... then may be u are right.

S.Balaji
9th January 2006, 03:05 PM
SP

You are right. KJY sang 2 songs in Nalai namadhey

1. Neela nayanangalil - with PS
2. Kadhal enbadhu kaaviyamaanal - with PS
3. Ennai vitaal yaarumillai - Solo

and this came after Urimai kural only

RajaRam
9th January 2006, 03:36 PM
Viziyay kadhai ezudhu is one of the best songs of MGR and its Yesudas's first song for Makkal thilagam...

I think Yesudas's first song for MGR was 'Thanga thoniyile' in USV.
Urimai kural and Naalai namadhe released after that only.

This is the first time I am posting in this thread.

In cine industry I have only 3 favourite persons.
1.MGR 2.Kamal 3.SPB.

all of them are UNIQUE persons.

He came to lime light after 1957(Nadodi mannan release time)at that time his age was 42. His age was 57 when he acted in USV(1972) and he died in 72(1987).

If you see NM, he looked like around 30.

NM's running time was 4 hours. But if you see the movie you won't get any tiredness at any place.

why don't you guys discuss about NM,Arasilangumari,kanchi thalaivan,Madurai veeran,kulebahavaalee etc.?

S.Balaji
9th January 2006, 04:08 PM
Rajaram

Besides,

Nadodee mannan was MG's own production I believe.

He had spent so much on to the making of this movie that he got scared at one point of time whether this will succeed !
There was an instance when the assistants approached Chakrapani for buying some ropes for an indoor scene and he shot back asking them in frustration ARE WE GOING TO COMMIT SUICIDE ?!
Finally when it got released in the old theatres in Chennai , Chakrapani , in disguise went to those theatres and found HUGE CROWDS GETTING GATHERED and got relieved

RajaRam
9th January 2006, 05:09 PM

Adimai pen also I think MGR's pictures.But directed by shankar which was also excellent movie.

RajaRam
9th January 2006, 05:22 PM
some more news about MGR and MGR songs.
http://www.tfmpage.com/my/mani/mgr.html.

BTW,Who is that Manisegaran?

S.Balaji
9th January 2006, 05:48 PM
Manisegaran is one of the professional hubbers who had made OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION to this TFM portal and he had also released a series of informative articles on IR titled Annakili to Azagee ... please go through that....

Thirumaran
9th January 2006, 06:56 PM
Rajaram

Besides,

He had spent so much on to the making of this movie that he got scared at one point of time whether this will succeed !
There was an instance when the assistants approached Chakrapani for buying some ropes for an indoor scene and he shot back asking them in frustration ARE WE GOING TO COMMIT SUICIDE ?!
Finally when it got released in the old theatres in Chennai , Chakrapani , in disguise went to those theatres and found HUGE CROWDS GETTING GATHERED and got relieved

Yes. Nadodee mannan was MGR's own production. This movie was made with a huge budget. At that time of that movie's production, there was a saying. If the movie becomes a hit MGR will be the Mannan else he will be Nadodee.
The result of the movie was well known. And also MGR become the Mannan of Cine Industry for a long period thereafter.

S.Balaji
9th January 2006, 07:52 PM
Thirumaran

You are right....

NM was a landmark movie for MGR and it totally changed the course of his career...

This movie also featured 2 heroenes...first half banumathy and second half, the grand introduction of Abinaya saraswathi Saroja Devi
You will note that Saroja devi will look very young in that movie....

All the songs were super hits ..including the famous one ...THOONGAAADHEY THAMBI THOONGADHEY...

Kannil vandhu minnal pol kaanudhey ...TMS with Jikki

Thirumaran
9th January 2006, 08:07 PM
:)

Nadodi Mannan was one of my MGR's favourite movie directed by Makkal thilagam itself.

What a great movie it is. The song THOONGAAADHEY THAMBI THOONGADHEY is also one of my favourites.

Poar padai thanil thoongiyavan vetri izhandaan.
uyar palliyil thoongiyavan kalvi izhandaan.
kadai thanil thoongiyavan mudhal izhandaan
konda kadaimayil thoongiyavan pugazh izhandaan.

innum porupatra manitharin thookathinaal pala ponnaana
velayellam thoonguthappa..

I think MGR directed the following movies.

1. Nadodi Mannan.
2. Adimai Penn.
3. Ulagam sutrum vaaliban
4. Madhurayai Meeta Sundara Pandian.

Is that right?

Did he direct any other movies?

joe
10th January 2006, 08:15 AM

Nadodi Mannan was one of my MGR's favourite movie directed by Makkal thilagam itself.

What a great movie it is. The song THOONGAAADHEY THAMBI THOONGADHEY is also one of my favourites.

1. Nadodi Mannan.
2. Adimai Penn.

Is that right?

MGR directed only 2 movies Nadodi Mannan and Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban and both are super hits

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 08:35 AM
:shock:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Those both are some of the MOST sensible movies of MGR, which did not have MGR tinge aint not?

Alien
10th January 2006, 08:39 AM
Thats why MGR is a talented technician, unlike < u know who :rotfl: > , who knows nothing
MGR :clap: :thumbsup:

joe
10th January 2006, 09:07 AM
//u know who?//
Vasanth,
I really don't know exactly who?

Alien
10th January 2006, 09:10 AM
//Vasanth,
I really don't know exactly who?//
joe,
Never Sivaji .
Now u get who ? :oops:

joe
10th January 2006, 09:30 AM
//Vasanth,
I really don't know exactly who?//
joe,
Never Sivaji .
Now u get who ? :oops:

hmm..I think so.

Nerd
10th January 2006, 11:38 AM
Thats why MGR is a talented technician, unlike < u know who :rotfl: > , who knows nothing
MGR :clap: :thumbsup:

I never thought that u r a L-LS who never misses a single oppurtunity to bash RK.. How cheap have you become :shock:

btw, in USV MGR was hailed like anything.. nAdOdi mannan is a decent effort from him in terms of quality.. but both of them are thunderous BO successes..

Alien
10th January 2006, 11:46 AM
//MGR directed only 2 movies Nadodi Mannan and Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban and both are super hits//

:shock:

Did u see this Kasi ? I was adviced, earlier, in a comparison between MGR & RK, to watch RK's old movies(which I had already done) in regard of acting talents............when I replied MGR is a multifaceted personality, no answers :?...I couldn't advice them to learn abt MGR ..........Thats why I used this opportunity to prove my point again.......... don't jump into conclusions.........

tacinema
10th January 2006, 11:54 AM
How did MGR manage to get best actor award for Rickshawkaaran? That was one crap movie.

Alien
10th January 2006, 11:56 AM
Did u know that he returned it back?

tacinema
10th January 2006, 11:57 AM
My question is : how did he get it? you think MGR acting deserves it?

Alien
10th January 2006, 12:00 PM
I don't know to answer, but I can sure ask some countering questions, but since u r not interested, I'm not going to ask..... :lol2: 8-)

joe
10th January 2006, 12:06 PM
How did MGR manage to get best actor award for Rickshawkaaran? That was one crap movie.

Plain and simple..Indira Ghandi wanted to please DMK at that time.Thus MGR got national award.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 12:10 PM
I still hold true, that RK acts WAY BETTER THAN MGR vasanth.

svaisn
10th January 2006, 12:11 PM
My question is : how did he get it? you think MGR acting deserves it?

Arasiyalle ethellam sagajam......

Alien
10th January 2006, 12:18 PM
SP akka, I NEVER refused that from start (PPl who read/remember that discussions would know well) !
But as a complete film personality & on many other things, IT IS OTHERWISE !! & Thats undisputable !! and u never seemed to have agreed on that ! which is very strange :lol2:

joe
10th January 2006, 12:21 PM
Vasanth & Kasi,
Here are my opnions.

Rajini Kanth had more talents in acting department compare to MGR. But MGR's knowledge in various departments of film making is very much higher than that of SuperStar Rajini kanth.

Like sivaji ,Rajini concentrated only in acting (baring his attempt in pen dialogue in a movie) .But Like kamal ,MGR had talents in many departments of film making .Even though MGR havn't named ooficially ,it is well known ,more than a succesful actor,producer and director ,MGR's invlovement in editing ,music and song lyrics are clearly acknowledged.

Sivaji and Rajini are pure actors ,where as MGR and kamal are multitalended .

Nerd
10th January 2006, 12:23 PM
undisputable?? :rotfl:

Remember RK was the script writer in vaLLi and bAbA.. I always thought that vaLLi had a very good story and a good climax.. but unfortunately both the movies bombed badly at the BO.. what did MGR do apart from USV/ NM to exhibit his talents??

I still hold that you are looking for the slightest of the oppurtunities to bash RK and do that to provoke the RK fans here...

Alien
10th January 2006, 12:30 PM
I still hold that you are looking for the slightest of the oppurtunities to bash RK and do that to provoke the RK fans here...
I can't do anything, if u still hold that view, except assuring u that I badly wanted to prove my point to SP akka, who even yet hasn't acknowledged it :? !!

rachel
10th January 2006, 12:33 PM
konja neram konja neram konji pesak kudathe :lol2:

Alien
10th January 2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks joe, Ur words would carry more weight since u r a HC Shivaji fan as well . 8-) & ur preference is like Shivaji, KH , RK ....
rachel :rotfl: :|

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 12:41 PM
Fine. MGR is multitalented :evil:

I lost this argument with u vasanth.

Atleast I AM HAPPY U AGREED RK is a good actor :twisted:

rachel,

:grin:

joe
10th January 2006, 12:42 PM
//ur preference is like Shivaji, KH , RK //

Vasanth,
You are right .My order is exactly the same..But I like MGR songs very much

rachel
10th January 2006, 12:43 PM
vaa vennilae unai thanae vanam theduthe :lol2:

Alien
10th January 2006, 12:44 PM
SP akka :D (sorry :oops: if I had frustrated u :oops: )
Joe :) ...I kow that too........ 8-)

joe
10th January 2006, 12:44 PM

Yaarunga antha vennila?
Btw,Is this how you reached more than 3000 posts?

rachel
10th January 2006, 12:46 PM

Yaarunga antha vennila?

ayyo.... :lol:

ada ennathe solvenungo :lol2:

joe
10th January 2006, 12:52 PM

Yaarunga antha vennila?

Sorry Rachel,
I havn't read much of your posts before .On seeing your movie song lines contineously ,I thought ,this is your speciality here .

rachel
10th January 2006, 12:54 PM

Yaarunga antha vennila?

Sorry Rachel,
I havn't read much of your posts before .On seeing your movie song lines contineously ,I thought ,this is your speciality here .

pathinettu vayathil enna pidikkum... :lol2:

joe
10th January 2006, 12:58 PM
//pathinettu vayathil enna pidikkum... //

Paithiyam pudikkum.Ippo purinju pochu! !!8 vayasulaye 3000 posts? congrsts!

rachel
10th January 2006, 01:01 PM

santhipooma iruvarum santhippoma
july kaatril jupiteril oru murai santhipoma :lol2:

joe
10th January 2006, 01:03 PM

Ayyayo! Romba muththiduchu pola!

Trichy Jupiter Threatre-aya sollureenga..Romba Pazhasache..Moottai poochi irukkume?

rachel
10th January 2006, 01:11 PM

Ayyayo! Romba muththiduchu pola!

Trichy Jupiter Threatre-aya sollureenga..Romba Pazhasache..Moottai poochi irukkume?

vamba villaikku vangum vayasu than

pasam vaicha kanthi in paathi

Alien
10th January 2006, 01:13 PM
One of the funniest, weirdest things ever in the hub is, SP akka believed that rachel is 60 years old :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :bang head: .........SP akka, look at her posts....... :lol: :lol: :wink:

joe
10th January 2006, 01:14 PM
//vamba villaikku vangum vayasu than //

Neenga Vaangurathaa irunthaalum ,Naan vikkuratha illa..sorry!

rachel
10th January 2006, 01:16 PM
One of the funniest, weirdest things ever in the hub is, SP akka believed that rachel is 60 years old :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :bang head: .........SP akka, look at her posts....... :lol: :lol: :wink:

kaathal vanthum kaani in ullam kaathai yaaukkum solvathillai

rachel
10th January 2006, 01:29 PM
//vamba villaikku vangum vayasu than //

Neenga Vaangurathaa irunthaalum ,Naan vikkuratha illa..sorry!

ithayam thiranthu kaegiraen
enna than tharuvai paarikiran

rachel
10th January 2006, 01:30 PM
thiru
if you are here please tell me... :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 01:42 PM

where is MGR? :grin:

RajaRam
10th January 2006, 04:20 PM
Rajini is better actor than MGR.

Guys,

I need explanation for above statements.

(please don't tell that in 6 t0 60,16 vaydhinile,mullum malarum etc Rajini acted well.)

those might be best among Rajini movies.

But if you take MGR movies like NM,adimaipen,USV etc, those are excellent and ever green movies.

I think you guys all haven't seen any MGR old movies like NM,Arasilankumari,Mahadevi,Madurai veeran,Mannadhi mannan.

MGR dialogue delivery was almost equal to sivaji.
infact MGR had loveable voice..

NM was penned by kannadasan(I think).
kanchi thalaivan and Arasilankumari was penned by kalaingar(I think).

in Charactor role Shivaji was much much better than MGR.
But in Action role MGR was much much better than shivaji.

at that time MGR was not interesed to do character role.
his aim was to catch low class people to became leader in politics.

RajaRam
10th January 2006, 05:11 PM
Ennappa endha Rajini fans-m sandaikku varamaatenureengha?

Nerd
10th January 2006, 06:43 PM
rajaram annE, the whole hub apart from you of course have agreed and its a fact now... better luck next time :wave:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 06:49 PM
Rajaram,

//MGR dialogue delivery was almost equal to sivaji. //

I cant but laugh. Anyway opinioon differs.

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 07:15 PM

1. Nadodi Mannan.
2. Adimai Penn.

Is that right?

MGR directed only 2 movies Nadodi Mannan and Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban and both are super hits

Hey Joe,
I was just searching the net.
The movie Adimai Penn was jointly directed by
K Shankar and MGR

Also the movie Madurayai meeta Sundara.. was originally directed by BR Pandhulu. Since he passed away halfway, the remaining portion was directed by MGR itself.

RajaRam
10th January 2006, 07:15 PM
rajaram annE, the whole hub apart from you of course have agreed.

I cant but laugh. Anyway opinioon differs.

:lol::lol::lol:
vera onnum solla mudiadhu...

S.Balaji
10th January 2006, 07:18 PM
Rajaram

Chancay illai !

Rajini rasigargal romba romba theeviramaaga irukaanga ingay....

they are also united here it seems !

Neenga enna provoke panninaalum sandaikku varamaataanga

because they are very clear that RK is way ahead of Makkal thilagam !

S.Balaji
10th January 2006, 07:21 PM
Dear all....

Though on paper, MGR's name as a director appeared on few movies only, ITS AN ESTABLISHED FACT THAT HE WAS THE
DEFACTO DIRECTOR FOR SEVERAL YEARS UNTIL HIS LAST MOVIE...

MADURAIYAY MEETIYA SUNDARA PANDIYAN

Cod
10th January 2006, 07:23 PM
Still MGR became MLA. Then MGR became CM. Then MGR got memorial.

Rajini? Nalla saaptu saaptu sounda... 8 statements in 8 years.

because they are very clear that RK is way ahead of Makkal thilagam !

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 07:28 PM
with due respects to MGR

// Still MGR became MLA. Then MGR became CM. Then MGR got memorial. //

WE ARE TALKIN ABOUT HIS ACTING ABILITY.

RK'S ACTING SKILLS. period.

S.Balaji
10th January 2006, 07:36 PM
SP...

Romba annyaayam idhu....

Edhu MGR weakenesso ....adhai eduthu kondu ...kizi kizi endru kizithaal eppadee ??!

Lets analyse the overall strengths of MGR as an artist and not merely an actor ....

RajaRam
10th January 2006, 07:43 PM
Neenga enna provoke panninaalum sandaikku varamaataanga

I am not provoke Rajini and fans. 100% true that MGR was much much better than Rajini in any aspect.

Here all hubbers are teen agers. so defenitly they haven't seen MGR movies...

that is the problem.

idhula joke ennana...
Rajini johny,6 to 60,netrikan,dhalapathy-la super-a nadichu irukkar-nu solranga..:lol:

ana avangalukku NM,Madurai veeran,Arasilangumari,Mahadevi,Mannadhi mannan padam patri edhuvum theriyadhu.........

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 07:44 PM
Why did Shivaji and Rajini Come here?
:!: :roll:

MGR and Rajini belong to different generations and the kind of roles they performed were different. On what base factor can we measure the acting talents between both?

While coming to Shivaji, I hope there shd not be any second opinion that he is a great actor though he overacts in few scenes in several of his films. He is better than MGR in character roles.

And also MGR is great in action/fight scenes which only a few actors can come near to him.

Also MGR also had great acting talents.
MGR done a very good performances in
1. Malai kallan.
2. Kulae Bagaavali
3. Naadodi Mannan
4. Paasam.
5. Kaanchi Thalaivan(Dialogues by Karunanidhi i think)
6. Thaaikku pin thaaram
7. Naan Yaen Piranthaen
8. Aayirathil oruvan
9. Adimai Penn.
10. Kudumba thalaiavan
11. Thirudaathey
12. Anbe vaa

Those were the movies which really MGR had shown his acting talents.

Since the path he has chosen was different he could not act in movies which showed his acting talents. The Same way Rajini followed after some good movies in his earlier days.

Other than even after he was shot in his throat he did not go for dubbing voice. He believed the people of TN will accept his voice and they did so. With that voice you cannot expect MGR to do different roles. If any other actor would have been in the position MGR was, they would have vanished after that.

But MGR got stronger and become more popular.

That is why he is always a great.
These are all my opininion. Dont come for a fight if anybody dont agree. If a fight is needed then open a thread MGR and whoever u like. We can fight there.

RajaRam
10th January 2006, 07:50 PM
Why did Shivaji and Rajini Come here?

Don't worry man....
every one has rights to put their thoughts.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 08:13 PM
Why did shivaji and rajni come here?

Why is this any PRIVATE THREAD OF mgr where NO other actors can be discussed?

Or is this thread a unisided thread to only gather the praises of MGR, then sorry to have posted my views here.

S.Balaji
10th January 2006, 08:21 PM
Other than even after he was shot in his throat he did not go for dubbing voice. He believed the people of TN will accept his voice and they did so. With that voice you cannot expect MGR to do different roles. If any other actor would have been in the position MGR was, they would have vanished after that

Thirumaran....

Well said !

Makkal thilagam could have easily used somebody for his voice dubbing but was very firm with his own !

For the RK fans, please see ULAGAM SUTRUM VAALIBAN....and you will realise what MGR was all about .....
Infact the great KB was requested by MGR to watch the preview and do some editing on unwanted scenes.....but KB was so amazed by the continuity that he could not dare touch any single shot !

Its like VASHISHTAR VAAYAAL BRAHMARISHI...

Over to RK fans now to put forward their counter claim !!

WHere is our dear Stranger and Nilavupriyan ??

Vanga ayyaa vaanga....meendum vaanga with your comments

S.Balaji
10th January 2006, 08:24 PM
Why did shivaji and rajni come here?

Why is this any PRIVATE THREAD OF mgr where NO other actors can be discussed?

Or is this thread a unisided thread to only gather the praises of MGR, then sorry to have posted my views here.

SP....

Kovichikaadheenga ! pl take it easy and continue to post your views !

It seems you are another Sachin Tendulkar ! amazing to note the numbers you are hitting ! great going

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 08:25 PM
velaiyethu pozhappethu... post pannitu irukken :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 08:28 PM
To all MGR fans,

I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR HIM for his other talents, NEVER FOR HIS acting though.

He for one, I alwys feel, COULD NEVER GET TO DO FACIAL EXPRESSIONS esp IN tragedies.

Playing low is okei, BUT with him HIS EMOTING factor is absolutely not sufficient.

HE AS a director or IN POLITICS HAS NO COMMENTS FROM MY SIDE as I have great regard for him otherwise THAN FOR HIS ACTING.

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 08:30 PM
Cool Guys..

Definetly every one has their own opinions.
All of sudden a fight started with comparision to other actors.
If the thread says talk about MGR and his talents then why not stick to the topic. The comparisions can take over in other threads.
If there are any threads specific to the legends like
1. Shivaji
2. MGR
who were no more now, and when we start comparing with others, one or the other will come and say something bad about them. I feel that it is not a good thing to do.

However there are several threads where this fights can go on or we always can open a specfic thread talking about every actors.

If I am wrong I feel sorry.
Please dont come hard on me and if you feel like fighting in this thread still carry on. After some time i will also join. :)

S.Balaji
10th January 2006, 08:33 PM
Thirumaran...

Already oru round dishoom dishoom over ! I think all are cooling their heels now. It will take some more time ...

But I am wondering where are our dear friends Stranger and Nilavupriyan !!

stranger
10th January 2006, 09:36 PM
For the RK fans, please see ULAGAM SUTRUM VAALIBAN....and you will realise what MGR was all about

Oh really?

So you think you are the only one who has seen "vingnAni murugan"???

It is a pity if you live with such a notion!

We all know vingAni murugan could have outfought Enrico Fermi and could have got the creidit for "Atom bomb discovery"!

So, we all know

"murugan oru mEdhai

avar kaNdupidippu oru kaRpaga virichagam"

I think that movie should have been sent for OSCAR. :hammer:

Too bad Americans do not like mEdhai murugan! :rotfl:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 09:41 PM
stranger....guys after 20 years will mock at rajni movies greatly than the way u mock at m.g.r!

atleast m.g.r have some fans now!...

ulagam sutrum vaaliban made a trend and was a good movie!

if saravanan can fly like an aeroplane and stop a guy drink something in 2005 why cant murugan make a scientific miracles in 80's

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 09:42 PM
if saravanan can fly like an aeroplane and stop a guy drink something in 2005 why cant murugan make a scientific miracles in 8's[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

stranger
10th January 2006, 09:44 PM
stranger....guys after 20 years will mock at rajni movies greatly than the way u mock at m.g.r!

if saravanan can fly like an aeroplane and stop a guy drink something in 2005 why cant murugan make a scientific miracles in 8's

AtththA kaaLiyOda aruL irunthaal,

loose avinaash-um aeroplane oottalaam! :poke:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 09:46 PM

if saravanan can fly like an aeroplane and stop a guy drink something in 2005 why cant murugan make a scientific miracles in 8's

Running away

stranger
10th January 2006, 09:49 PM
Thirumaaraa!

Who is running????

vingAni murugan is running from Prof. Bairavan! :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 09:50 PM
stranger kalakkunga :smile:

stranger
10th January 2006, 09:51 PM
muti-talented actor theriyumA ungaLukku, shakthi!!!:lol:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 09:52 PM

There are many more fans of MGR all across Tamil Nadu.
By the way more or less every actors and politicians used MGR's name for their popularity including Rajini.
And Rajini follows the MGR formula only. That is why he is popular.

There is no point talking about after 20 years. Once Rajini stops acting within 5 years he will be forgotten.

stranger
10th January 2006, 09:53 PM
nAn ponaththOda kaaththukkittu irukkEn

neenga paNaththoda vaanga!

_Prof.Bairavan's buttonman! :lol:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 09:54 PM
regarding oscar!

i guess many others are waiting for oscar

m.g.r dint do these things

*running jeep-a kaalla kayira katti nirutharala

*aeroplane maadhiri parakala

*tamizha thappa pesala

*fightla parandhu parandhu adikala....

so rejected...rajni padam than best

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 09:54 PM
MGR nnu sollikaraanga stranger. :grin: :lol:

naan varla intha vilaiyatukku.
enakku argue panna varathu.

neenga pannunga
naan orama utkaarnthu parkaren :grin:

stranger
10th January 2006, 09:55 PM

engE pOyi solRathu intha sOgaththai! :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 09:56 PM
but mgr........very well deserved for oscar.

Rickshawkaran parthutu oscar nominate pannama epdi vittangannu orE doubnt ellarukkum!!!

shucks such a gret movie........ how did it miss oscar.

Shakthiprabha.

engE pOyi solRathu intha sOgaththai! :rotfl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stranger
[
There are many more fans of MGR all across Tamil Nadu..

Are they multi-talented too? :lol:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 09:57 PM

babaji arul kodutharE marandhuteengala?

stranger

Rickshawkaran parthutu oscar nominate pannama epdi vittangannu orE doubnt ellarukkum!!!

:rotfl:

How can I ever argue against that, shakthi??? :poke:

nilavupriyan

babaji arul kodutharE marandhuteengala? :lol:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 09:58 PM
muti-talented actor theriyumA ungaLukku, shakthi!!!:lol:

By the without any doubt he is multi talented who has good knowledge in direction, editing, etc...

If the multi talented you are talking about taking different characters then definetly he did not much roles. Still he did a lots of challenging roles before 1970's. those movies are already posted by several people here. If you have not watched those movies and go and watch them and then post here.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 09:58 PM
:rotfl: @ stranger.

stranger
10th January 2006, 09:59 PM
murugan, oru mEdhai!

avar kaNdupidippu oru kaRppaga viruchchagam!

Now murugan's multi-talented clwony fans are working on Nuclear fusion! :lol:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:00 PM

enna shakthi ipdi kEttitinga!

rajni missed oscar for "baba"

enna selection panraanuga!

"katta avukkava vechukava"......andha punchuke pathu oscar tharalam

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 10:01 PM
nilavu,

cha itha epdi marantheenga.

mgr pala padangalla azhara scene varum pothellam....

mugathai hanky aala moodipaar
illati pillar pinnadi odi poi "amma enna varthai solliteenga"

apdeenu unarchivasappaduvarEEEEE

athai parthutu naan pola polannu kaneer vadikkatha naalE illai :lol: :rotlf:

stranger
10th January 2006, 10:03 PM
By the without any doubt he is multi talented who has good knowledge in direction, editing, etc... .

Yeah, hire some great professionals as associate director!

Go, have a look at the title of US vingAni murugan!

Who is the ass director in that movie!!!

You cant show "reel" here. Go find some other place!

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:03 PM
murugan, oru mEdhai!

avar kaNdupidippu oru kaRppaga viruchchagam!

Now murugan's multi-talented clwony fans are working on Nuclear fusion! :lol:

and rajni fans are worknig on "how to fly upward against gravity without a help" :lol: :lol:

and stop running jeep single legged :lol: :lol:

stranger
10th January 2006, 10:05 PM
rAdhA!

en kaiyila surukku irukku

unakku kazhutht irukku

pOttennA maattikkuve!

-------------

chinna pappA vilaiyaaduraaga! :lol:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:06 PM
a simple diff between rajni and m.g.r

rajni copied the theme of enga veetu pillai in "adhisaya piravi" and "rajathi raja" and came up with a trash!

he dint even make it 10% interesting as enga veetu pillai!..loser

stranger
10th January 2006, 10:07 PM

MGR was a coward and was always afraid to show his shiny head as he lacked full set of whatever.

Rajni is a man who does not care to show what he is really LIKE to the public! :cool:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:11 PM

MGR was a coward and was always afraid to show his shiny head as he lacked full set of whatever.

Rajni is a man who does not care to show what he is really LIKE to the public! :cool:

mandaya kaamikaradha periya vishayama soldreenga! :lol: :lol:

En rajniya oru padathula sotta mandayoda vara soldradhu?.

:lol: :lol:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:13 PM
By the without any doubt he is multi talented who has good knowledge in direction, editing, etc... .

when ever u cant have a proper arguement u give some baseless info.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 10:17 PM

rajni copied the theme of enga veetu pillai in "adhisaya piravi" and "rajathi raja" and came up with a trash!

rajathi raja and athisaya piravi RESEMBLED ENGA VEETU PILLAI

BECUSE IT HAD DUAL ROLE??????

nilavu,

thats most silly argument ever!!

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:18 PM

mandaya kaamikaradha periya vishayama soldreenga! :lol: :lol:

En rajniya oru padathula sotta mandayoda vara soldradhu?.

:lol: :lol:

Rajini panja paradesi maathiri vaesam poattikittu antha pakka niraya sothu vaangi kuvikaratha maranthuteengalaey. Acting like a spirtual person who is not interested in money and keeps on making lots of money and shows the world that he is spirtual.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 10:20 PM
THIRUMARAN,

WE AINT TALKING ABOTU PERSONAL LIFE HERE.

MAY IT BE MGR OR RAJNI OR ANY X, Y, Z

every tom, rick or harry has flaws.

We are NOT TO DISCUSS ALL THAT HERE.

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:21 PM

rajathi raja and athisaya piravi RESEMBLED ENGA VEETU PILLAI

BECUSE IT HAD DUAL ROLE??????

nilavu,

thats most silly argument ever!!

In the dual act role one is a coward and the other is a brave. That is the main base on all these. If you expected the full story to be same then we cannot show any movie as a copy or base of other movie.

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:23 PM
THIRUMARAN,

WE AINT TALKING ABOTU PERSONAL LIFE HERE.

MAY IT BE MGR OR RAJNI OR ANY X, Y, Z

every tom, rick or harry has flaws.

We are NOT TO DISCUSS ALL THAT HERE.

So do you think stranger only talks about reel life

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:26 PM
sp....u r doing a silly argument!

adhisaya piravi had a 100% copy scene from enga veetu pillai

there m.g.r beats nambiar

here rajni beats senthamarai!..exact copy

but rajni dint maintain a 10% impact that m.g.r made!

he lack that "thenavettana look"

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 10:27 PM
'Rajathi-raja' was a hit.

okei wait for stranger. Avangalukku thaan niraiya FACTS theriyum.

I dont know to argue here :evil:

stranger
10th January 2006, 10:28 PM

Are you a MORON??????

What is baseless here????

You dont even know who is the director for adimai peN and projecting that mgr as the director!

Get a brain first, MORON! :twisted:

stranger
10th January 2006, 10:29 PM
Go and check out who is the associate director for USV, first!

And dont get on my nerve by talking some NONSENSE!

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 10:32 PM

What CRAP nilavu?

100 percent copy is it?.........

That kinda scene was there in SEETHA AUR GEETHA / vaani raani (in thamizh)

so u mean to say EVERYUBODY COPIED MGR.

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:33 PM
stranger..i too know many details abt rajni like this!

shall i let it out!...

how can u say that the associate has directed?...are u in the shooting? :lol:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:36 PM

Are you a MORON??????

What is baseless here????

You dont even know who is the director for adimai peN and projecting that mgr as the director!

Get a brain first, MORON! :twisted:

The same question i can ask you.

Just go and see the posts of mine on the direction stuff.
In one post i said that 'I think MGR directed the movie AP'. I did not say that was 100% true.

Then in another post i said AP was directed both by Shankar(Not the shankar of today.) and MGR. The link is

http://www.colorado.edu/cas/newbooks.html

without any ground work once again you are bashing.

huh

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:37 PM
stranger..i too know many details abt rajni like this!

shall i let it out!...

how can u say that the associate has directed?...are u in the shooting? :lol:

Nope. He is that associate.

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:38 PM

What CRAP nilavu?

what do u eman?

in "enga veetu pillai" all sothu belongs to coward m.g.r
but that was under the control of his mama "nambiar"

in adhisiya piravi all sothu belongs to coward rajni.that was under the control of his chithappa "senthamarai"

there nambiar hits everytime with a saatai
here senthamari witha stick

there bold m.g.r comes and pluck the saaiat and hits nambiar
here rajni plucks the kambu and hits!

idhu copy illama enna?.. :lol: :lol: who is silly? :lol: :lol:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:40 PM

What CRAP nilavu?

what do u eman?

in adhisiya piravi all sothu belongs to coward rajni.that was under the control of his chithappa "senthamarai"

It is known fact that Rajini followed the path of MGR to a certain Extent.
Kamal followed the path of Shivaji to a certain extent.

But kamal reached more heights than Shivaji.
But Rajini flopped in that.

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 10:43 PM
Kamal reached more heights than Shivaji- Silly!

Shakthiprabha.

What CRAP nilavu?

what do u eman?

Thats the only scene probably which remotely resembles. The movie was not a copy though.

Shakthiprabha.
GEEEEEEEEE BECKAHM THANKS FOR JOINING

stranger
10th January 2006, 10:45 PM
Shakthi:

Dont waste your time, please. He thinks he is a great hubber because he crossed 3000 worthless posts!

bye clowns! :wave:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:45 PM

That is not silly my dear. However I will talk about this in a latter time.

stranger
10th January 2006, 10:47 PM

In one post i said that 'I think MGR directed the movie AP'. I did not say that was 100% true.

Then in another post i said AP was directed both by Shankar(Not the shankar of today.) and MGR. The link is

huh

I think you are a MORON because I own a copy of DVD of adimai peN!

Do you understand now, why I call you a MORON???

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 10:47 PM

No need thanks! Dont teach me!

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:54 PM
Shakthi:

Dont waste your time, please. He thinks he is a great hubber because he crossed 3000 worthless posts!

bye clowns! :wave:

ok..komali..nee kelambu! :lol: :lol:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:55 PM

huh

because u r an idiot..u dont know who is a moron :lol:

Justice
10th January 2006, 10:56 PM
:rotfl: @ nilavu

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 10:57 PM
becham....surely kamal is at the height of shivaji in acting!

but not rajni in the height of m.g.r in mass :lol:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 10:57 PM

huh

You can think anything you want. I dont want to say anything on this moronic stuff. One of the basic rules on this hub is not to have any personal attack. By several times saying me like that, you are proving your character stuff.

Regarding Adimai penn i dont know whether u really have the DVD. I have posted the info i found in the net. However that website is a not local one which gives most false news.
I have seen that movie very long back. Si i could not recollect the credits shown on the titles. As of now i have a link to support my arguement.

You said you have a dvd. When i own the DVD and if i come to know anything new on that i will definetly come and post here.

Justice
10th January 2006, 10:58 PM
MGR > Rajini :notworthy:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:01 PM

No need thanks! Dont teach me!

I believe i am not teaching anything. Definetly kamal is more popular than shivaji, more versatile and to add to that got hell and lots of awards to prove that.

I have greater respect for shivaji. As he is the one to a certain extent responsible for the heights of Kamal.

stranger
10th January 2006, 11:01 PM
You said you have a dvd. When i own the DVD and if i come to know anything new on that i will definetly come and post here.

Do whatever you want.

You dont seem to know the quality of hubbers when talking about the FACTS.

That is what happens if you take sides with IDIOTS!

Post it here for others. I know what will be there! :wave:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:02 PM

In real as well as reel life.

Shakthiprabha.
jUSTICE,

welcome :P

nilavupriyan

Do whatever you want.

You dont seem to know the quality of hubbers when talking about the FACTS.

That is what happens if you take sides with IDIOTS!

Post it here for others. I know what will be there! :wave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....

Justice
10th January 2006, 11:03 PM

In real as well as reel life.

of course no comparsion or whatsoever :notworthy:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 11:03 PM
sakthi...will u plz list me the diff between "adhisiya piravi" and "enga veetu pillai" :roll:

Justice
10th January 2006, 11:05 PM
where are the moderators? they come to all threads but not here :huh:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 11:07 PM
m.g.r na ellarukkum bayam!

a super power in tamilnadu for 15 years ...unlike some punchu dialogue mannans :lol: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 11:08 PM
What so ever MGR is not a good actor.When it comes to acting he is zero.This is my opinion

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:10 PM
What so ever MGR is not a good actor.When it comes to acting he is zero.This is my opinion
aaha , innnoru sandai aarambika poguthu :lol: :lol:

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 11:10 PM
some feel this with rajni..what to do? :lol:

not me but

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:11 PM
nilavu,

Surely having a brave guy fighting coward's life DOES NOT MAKE IT 100 PERCENT copy.

ap.......... for one is about a person entering another body

evp.......... is all about traditional masala mixxxxxxxx

punch dialogue mannan?

what did ur mgr do?
hug 3 to 5 kizhavis........and say 'DONT WORRY BE HAPPY'

sing songs like.......... 'naan aanayitaal athu nadanthuvidum' play ALL PERFECT ROLES.

TIME AND AGAIN SAY "anna sonaar anna sonnaar"

anna sonnatha vechu thambi movie ottitaar !!!!

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:11 PM

I am not sure on how many movies you watched on MGR. Whatsoever no actor is Zero. Everybody has talents. Without any talent in acting he would not survived in cine world for a long time. People are not fools.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:13 PM
thiru,

our ppl are not fooooooools?

our ppl who built temple for kushboo

in those days THERE WERE SOOOOOOOOOOOO many thaaikulam

TO be all carried away by his brave silver screen dialogues and cruce NAMBIYAR.

dont say ppl are not fools :rotlf:

I am laughing my heart out.

nilavupriyan
10th January 2006, 11:14 PM
sp..there is a diff

m.g.r sings "naan aanayittal"..and he came to rule and made rules!

he does what he says!

rajni.."naan eppo varuven epdi varuvennu yaarukkum theriyadhu...aana vara vendiya nerathula correcta varuven"....

nee varave vendam..(ennamo tamilnaatu makkal kenjara maadhiri) :lol:

great
10th January 2006, 11:15 PM

You are absoulutely correct ... even i am of the same opinion

nilavupriyan
sp..our people are not fools!

they built temple when they like or bash when they dislike!

but they love m.g.r even after years!

villan007
sp..there is a diff

m.g.r sings "naan aanayittal"..and he came to rule and made rules!

he does what he says!

rajni.."naan eppo varuven epdi varuvennu yaarukkum theriyadhu...aana vara vendiya nerathula correcta varuven"....

nee varave vendam..(ennamo tamilnaatu makkal kenjara maadhiri) :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:17 PM
ungalukku enga valikkuthu avar vantha enna? varlainna enna?

If u want u vote else dont. Every person has right to enter politics or stay away from it. INCLUDING U OR ME.

and DONT REMIND ME OF MGR'S actions for songs.

gudugudunnu ooooooodi vanthu left hand neeti....... (first oru line.........)

then he would extend his right hand to point out another direction (sing next line)

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:17 PM
nilavu,

Surely having a brave guy fighting coward's life DOES NOT MAKE IT 100 PERCENT copy.

ap.......... for one is about a person entering another body

evp.......... is all about traditional masala mixxxxxxxx

punch dialogue mannan?

what did ur mgr do?
hug 3 to 5 kizhavis........and say 'DONT WORRY BE HAPPY'

sing songs like.......... 'naan aanayitaal athu nadanthuvidum' play ALL PERFECT ROLES.

TIME AND AGAIN SAY "anna sonaar anna sonnaar"

anna sonnatha vechu thambi movie ottitaar !!!!

Yes. MGR sonnar. And he did many of the things in real life what he did in Reel life.

But the Other giving dialogues like "Naan eppa varuvaen.." which is totally unwanted and never did anything like that. Just to trigger the fans and make the film run he is using those kind of dialogues.
nothing else.

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:18 PM

If u want u vote else dont. Every person has right to enter politics or stay away from it. INCLUDING U OR ME.

then he would extend his right hand to point out another direction (sing next line)
sp akka ,
athellam antha kaalathu style...
who danced well that days ? :huh: none

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:19 PM
thiru,

He did kept some promises cause HE WAS CM. he had to. that was his duty. WELL PERFORMED TOO :clap:

but rajni,

is another normal person. NOT INTO POLITICS. its his WISH to say he may or may not ente politics.

ppl u say ARE NOT FOOLS NA?!?

so how can RAJNI make them fools now?

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 11:20 PM

I am not sure on how many movies you watched on MGR. Whatsoever no actor is Zero. Everybody has talents. Without any talent in acting he would not survived in cine world for a long time. People are not fools.
I m sorry..i strongly believe educated people supported Shivaji rather than MGR at that time.All Illiterates loved MGR for his gimmicks.You people telling that MGR is better than Rajini may be in political perspective but not at all in acting department.6-il irundhu 60 varai is a small example for Rajinikanth and his acting capabilities.Only thing we have to appreciate is that MGR learned the pulse of the people.His target was once again B and C class.
Yes Thirumaran i almost saw 70% of MGR movies.I dont find any difference at all.Nilavu if u like MGR you should like Rajni,Ajith &Vijay.I m not comparing them but it seems that you like heroisms

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:20 PM

Yes MGR showed his hands on two sides. Rajini showed only his finger pointing to the top saying "Oru thadava sonnaa' and 'Aandavan solraan' kind of stuff. Here also MGR is better. Hiw two hands were acting. But for Rajini only single finger.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:23 PM

sp akka ,

ENNA ANTHA KAALAM.

see uthamaputhiran songs
see parashakthi songs
see mella nada mella nada
see nadaiya ithu nadaiya
see engE nimmathi

what u see in SHIVAJI is called EMOTING.

i dont say THEY NEED TO DANCE. u can emote well.

antha kalathula shivaji nalla thanE nadichar . He also does not dance.

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:25 PM
ENNA ANTHA KAALAM.

see uthamaputhiran songs
see parashakthi songs
see nadaiya ithu nadaiya
see engE nimmathi

ayyo intha paatellam naa paathathu illa :? :?

Sanguine Sridhar

sp akka ,
Chandrababu,Nagesh

Shakthiprabha.

Yes MGR showed his hands on two sides. Rajini showed only his finger pointing to the top saying "Oru thadava sonnaa' and 'Aandavan solraan' kind of stuff. Here also MGR is better. Hiw two hands were acting. But for Rajini only single finger.

:lol: nice argument. I am stumped. clean bowled. speeeeeeeeechless.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:26 PM
ENNA ANTHA KAALAM.

see uthamaputhiran songs
see parashakthi songs
see nadaiya ithu nadaiya
see engE nimmathi

then dont say in those days PPL DONT KNOW TO dance/act.

def dotn say, MGR KNEW TO ACT.

Then u need to redefine definition for 'acting'

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:28 PM
thiru,

He did kept some promises cause HE WAS CM. he had to. that was his duty. WELL PERFORMED TOO :clap:

but rajni,

is another normal person. NOT INTO POLITICS. its his WISH to say he may or may not ente politics.

ppl u say ARE NOT FOOLS NA?!?

so how can RAJNI make them fools now?

When we say somebody is good it is not that he is 100% good. There will be a negative side in that. The statement has to be taken in that manner. So do you want to say all the people are fools? It is not that all the fans or followers of MGR or anyother actor does certain abnormal things(building temple, etc). Only Few does that.

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:28 PM
ENNA ANTHA KAALAM.

see uthamaputhiran songs
see parashakthi songs
see nadaiya ithu nadaiya
see engE nimmathi

then dont say PPL DONT KNOW TO ACT.

FOR ONE, dont say MGR KNEW TO ACT.

I'm not into who acted well or who did not .... I said No one danced in that period... :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:30 PM
villain,

Not all songs calls for dancing :grin:

Some call for only emoting.

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:32 PM
some needs dancing as well....
thats MGR's style of acting in songs jus like rajini does it today...
jus moving his hands... :lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:33 PM
But the Other giving dialogues like "Naan eppa varuvaen.." which is totally unwanted and never did anything like that. Just to trigger the fans and make the film run he is using those kind of dialogues.
nothing else.

When we say somebody is good it is not that he is 100% good. There will be a negative side in that. The statement has to be taken in that manner. So do you want to say all the people are fools? It is not that all the fans or followers of MGR or anyother actor does certain abnormal things(building temple, etc). Only Few does that.

Check it out. BOTH ARE ur posts

So all fans are NOT FOOLS to see his mvies JUST FOR HIS gimmicks.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:35 PM

DONT DAREEEEEEEEEE TELL RAJNI DOES NOT KNOW SONG EMOTING.

WHAT SONGS HAVE U WATHCED? WHAT DO U KNOW BOUT RAJNI'S OLD MOVIES?

1. ninaithalE inikkum
2. dharma yuththam
3. johnny
4. 6 to 60
5. gayathri
6. buvana oru questionmark
7. moondru mudichu.

DUDE........... DOTN TALK ABOUT RAJNI NOTT EMOTING OKKKK?

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:36 PM

DONT DAREEEEEEEEEE TELL RAJNI DOES NOT KNOW SONG EMOTING.

WHAT SONGS HAVE U WATHCED? WHAT DO U KNOW BOUT RAJNI'S OLD MOVIES?

1. ninaithalE inikkum
2. dharma yuththam
3. johnny
4. 6 to 60
5. gayathri
6. buvana oru questionmark
7. moondru mudichu.

DUDE........... DOTN TALK ABOUT RAJNI NOTT EMOTING OKKKK?
naa emoting pathi sollave illa i was talikng abt dancing.....
could u see my post again :evil:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:36 PM
ENNA ANTHA KAALAM.

see uthamaputhiran songs
see parashakthi songs
see nadaiya ithu nadaiya
see engE nimmathi

then dont say in those days PPL DONT KNOW TO dance/act.

def dotn say, MGR KNEW TO ACT.

What is this SP. Do u want to say for the 'Pudhiya vaanam' song MGR has to act like shivaji did. I can point some movies of Shivaji which he tried to do some bharatha naatyam kind of stuff and also trying stunt scenes which looks like comedy. That does not prove that MGR is a bad actor.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:38 PM

sari. so

rajni and mgr were/are bad in dancing. (mgr worst..rajni bad)

but

rajni knew to act........ mgr was bad at it.

hence rajni wins :grin:

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:41 PM

sari. so

but

by mgr's time no hero dances well....... so no worst or any comparisons...
by rajini's time he had Kamal dancing very well and even others dancing well...
Theres no winning or whatso ever here..... jus put my point :wink:

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 11:41 PM
Thirumaran,
You didn replied to my post?

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:42 PM
What is this SP. Do u want to say for the 'Pudhiya vaanam' song MGR has to act like shivaji did. I can point some movies of Shivaji which he tried to do some bharatha naatyam kind of stuff and also trying stunt scenes which looks like comedy. That does not prove that MGR is a bad actor.

thiru,

for puthiya vaanam he need not act. but for most of his pathos songs too he did the same hand swining movement :rotfl:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:42 PM
nothing else.

Check it out. BOTH ARE ur posts

So all fans are NOT FOOLS to see his mvies JUST FOR HIS gimmicks.

Once again needed an explanation. I meant to say 'all the fans of a particular actor are not fools'. You are taking it as simply ' all the fans'. Do you want to say all the fans of MGR are fools. If that is your statement i will accept that i am a fool. Will you be happy after that?

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:43 PM
thiru,

for puthiya vaanam he need not act. but for most of his pathos songs too he did the same hand swining movement :rotfl:
wat rajini does for his intro songs ?

kuchipudi ? kathak ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:44 PM

sari. so

but

by mgr's time no hero dances well....... so no worst or any comparisons...
by rajini's time he had Kamal dancing very well and even others dancing well...
Theres no winning or whatso ever here..... jus put my point :wink:

there is no comparison between

RAJNI AND KAMAL (obviously kamal rules)
SHIVAJI and MGR (MGR IS nowhere compared to shivaji)

the question is

RAJNI and mgr and how he is inferior or not inferior to mgr in ACTING.

SO PUT THOSE GREAT LEGNEDS SHIVAJI AND KAMAL BEHIND PLEASE.

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:46 PM
I meant to say 'all the fans of a particular actor are not fools'. You are taking it as simply ' all the fans'. Do you want to say all the fans of MGR are fools. If that is your statement i will accept that i am a fool. Will you be happy after that?

All the fans of ANY PARTICULAR ACTOR are not fools.

Rajni fans are NOT FOOLS TOO to watch him only for his gimmicks and punch dialogues.

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:47 PM
sp akka !
neenga aasai nooru vagai song paathirukeengala from adutha varisu...
athula dance-a paaathiirkeengala....
:banghead:
neways song is a big hit....

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:47 PM
A person named BECKHAM has asked something.

Why dont all u guys take some pain to answer him too :huh:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:49 PM
sp akka !

villain,

neenga mgr mannathi mannan la padminiyoda pottiya........

oru dance aaduvar parthirukeengala.

anyway song is a big hit too.

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:50 PM
sp akka !

villain,

neenga mgr mannathi mannan la padminiyoda pottiya........

oru dance aaduvar parthirukeengala.

anyway song is a big hit too.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 11:51 PM
en ipdi urundu urundu sirikareenga :grin:

villan007
10th January 2006, 11:52 PM
en ipdi urundu urundu sirikareenga :grin:
illa naan andha padam lam paathadhu illa athan but heard abt it :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thirumaran
10th January 2006, 11:53 PM

thiru,

SP,
I am not sure what are songs you talks abt. I could recollect some songs like 'Pudhiya vaanam', 'Atho antha', 'naan aanayittal' for those songs i feel the movement he showed is nothing bad.
By the if you talk abt dance steps is rajini does any dance steps?