PDA

View Full Version : IR to dethrone AR .......

krihoo
22nd September 2005, 02:06 PM
Guys,

what should IR do to commercially dethrone AR in TFM and take back his position of 80s and his old directors once again ??

raja_fan
22nd September 2005, 02:37 PM
IR has his own throne.
He need not do anything.
But the admin needs to do one thing. Close this silly thread :)

krihoo
22nd September 2005, 03:41 PM
heloo boss

what close close close all the threads......

as IR fan dont u want to see Manirathnam , barathiraja, rajnikanth , etc etc que up to him again ?? u want him to just waste his melodies for no name heros like for karakattakaari, konjipesalam,ponmegalai etc.....????

raja_fan
22nd September 2005, 05:48 PM
Cool Boss..Cool down :)

I understand your burning desires..but do you think IR has lost his place or ARR has now any significant place..? Neither is true..
As for your wish for Mani, BR etc to come back to IR.., it is their loss more than IR's.

alias
22nd September 2005, 11:40 PM
krihoo, it is like saying what should the British do to rule India again? Once gone is gone. IR is in history books now. Why do you want to invoke him again :-)

krihoo
23rd September 2005, 05:49 AM
raja fan,

what is charm of any work without success .....

alias,

like AR Rahman if IR improves his instruments , sound effects , SYNTH usage, recording and sound engineering and more perfection based i think he can surely get back....in the recent times one such thing is MX title song..

.look at the loud beats and latest instruments of AR Rahman ..he uses heavy sound effects...Frankly speaking though A AAH songs are hit , i feel they are very lifeless tunes...accompanied by heavy sound effects ,as usual perfection in recording and sound engineering loud beats

most of IR songs though very good looks like as if recorded and finished in hurry ....donno why always IR is in hurry mood and mindset

alias
23rd September 2005, 07:24 PM
/quote
donno why always IR is in hurry mood and mindset /quote

krihoo, when a person gets old in India, he does 2 things either rest or go to holy places to get peace, but IR wants to compose music. He is getting old so he needs to get rest and let the youn ger generation takes the music. Otherwise IR will be like Michael Jordon who tried to make a comeback and had to leave with his face blackened.

so for IR, instead of concentrating on music, he needs rest and peace that will change his mindset. He has been working constantly for 4 decades and this is right time for his retirement.

And as far ARR loud beats are concerned, it is upto directors requirement. Look at Swades, Bose, AE they have melodious and perfect music arrangement but for AA the requirement is such that he had to do what SJS says. He is directors man.

raja_fan
24th September 2005, 09:43 AM
krihoo, it is like saying what should the British do to rule India again? Once gone is gone. IR is in history books now. Why do you want to invoke him again :-)

Alias, that was a perfect example !
But people have long back started feeling that the British were far more better than the present rulers, in every way :wink:

nilavupriyan
24th September 2005, 11:32 AM
change ir to ysr...it will look somewhat meaningful

alias
26th September 2005, 11:38 PM
Raja_fan, I did not say what people felt but I compared with what British should do to gain India back (just like what IR should do to gain the throne). Because I know there are few Ettapans still exists who will sell back India to British. :wink:

krihoo
29th September 2005, 07:54 AM
take for ex :VEESUM KATRUKKU song..
look at karthik the way he used many voilins in that song ....real classss.....never IRs voilins sounded so modern...the nearest one is ORU NAAL from devadai....

if IR can imporve his instruments, recording , sound effects and perfection in playing ,,,atleast to the standard of VEESUM KAATRUKKU then for sure he will dethrone AR...
modern is what todays need..IR already has still great tunes and powerful orchestration....He shud just get some of the tips for latest modernism in music from KR, YSR

but if he is stubborn he will remain to compose only for village movies .................like karakattakaaran , kashi, konji pesalam, solla marandha kathai , COA etc

vimalpercy
30th September 2005, 03:12 AM
Ilayaraja in his grand music era, has touched all aspects of music.

If you took ARR, He has created lot of music, but are they as varied as IR's? He never gave a Classical Music Like Salagai Oli, He never given a village movie like Karagatakaran and he havent given a Idhayam or Mouna Ragam like BGM. Why Arr can look at IR and immitate him in bringing the songs like IR did?

There is a case in this one and that is, IR if he compose songs like ARR then people wont say IR has composed this song in a great manner or IR has composed this for the youth, but they say IR is immitating ARR to match him which he dont like and as a senior he dont like his name termed in such a way and so he didnt like to come out of that path. and same applies to ARR, where if he compose a song for a village subject like that of karagatagaran then people talk about him as a person who get some improvisation from IR and that is why ARR has created a style and he dont like to come out of that.

So your point of IRR dethrone Arr is not at all possible for IRR has achieved such a huge feet he never wants to immitate a young musician inorder to get a name.

I hope my answer will satisfy your quest?

alias
4th October 2005, 11:12 PM
vimalparcy, yes ARR has not given great carnatic music like IR and I accept that. But did IR gave a pure punjabi, Bangla, Sufi music like ARR did. I think for that even his next generations would find it hard to match ARR achievement. So throne of IR was lost in 90s period.

njv
5th October 2005, 08:49 AM
like AR Rahman if IR improves his instruments , sound effects , SYNTH usage, recording and sound engineering and more perfection based i think he can surely get back....in the recent times one such thing is MX title song..

He dont have to, for one reason, IR songs will withstand generations to come.

Also IR had his days and its over. So you have to accept it. He may create masterpiece, but commercial viability is not there anymore. Take my word, even ARR cant do what he has done any more. Now the songs ppl like are "dappanguthu" and I dont think IR or ARR will go down to "appan panna vathale" now.