PDA

View Full Version : Favourite non-indian movie soundtrack?

prashanth12
22nd September 2005, 03:37 AM
What is a soundtrack not from India (musical soundtrack of course) which you would deem your favourite.

I would probably say "American Beauty" by Thomas Newman.

I have never seen the movie itself, but someone did give me a copy of the album and I loved it. it has a very rhythmic build kind of feel which I like.

And yoU?

alwarpet_andavan
22nd September 2005, 12:31 PM
What is a soundtrack not from India (musical soundtrack of course) which you would deem your favourite.

I have never seen the movie itself, but someone did give me a copy of the album and I loved it. it has a very rhythmic build kind of feel which I like.

And yoU?

2001 A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, The English Patient, Amadeus - Classical
In The Name Of The Father, Platoon, The Doors (*ing Val Kilmer), The Big Lebowsky, American Beauty - Classic Rock/Contemporary

Surya
22nd September 2005, 09:05 PM
Blade, Blade II, Heat (Rober Di nero, Al Pachino, Val Kilmer), Training Day (Denzel!).

ramsri
29th September 2005, 11:21 PM
what about 'Top Gun'?! the movie was by no means a classic, but it had a great soundtrack - songs like 'take my breath away' (berlin), 'that lovin' feelin' (righteous brothers), 'danger zone' and 'playing with the boys' (both by kenny loggins??) and of course the top gun anthem by harold faltermeyer.

vingem
29th September 2005, 11:26 PM
TopGun was good. i love 'Unchained Melody' , OST for Ghost by Air Supply. that was just one initmate scene in Ghost.

P_R
4th October 2005, 12:47 AM
My ear is as tasteful as Shahid Afridi but still I'm daring this thread for one reason : Kill Bill.

I have never been so taken up by the music of a movie. Every single piece pisked was pretty haunting and captivated me. I can still hear the whistle, the theme in the Tokyo chase, the futuristic sounding music in the club fight and last but not the least the haunting bang-bang !

Would like to know more about these pieces from informed hubbers.

ssanjinika
4th October 2005, 12:56 AM
Oh..I loved kill bill sound track too..
Loved My Baby shot me down.

vingem
4th October 2005, 03:10 AM
Oh yeah, Kill Bill i totally forgot to mention about this movie.
very good sound tracks. i love Battle without Honor or Humanity(if you remember the preview, this is the music used in the preview).
Twisted nerve(the tune that is whislted), Green Hornet and ofcourse Bang Bang (My baby shot me down)

vingem
4th October 2005, 03:19 AM
and in a lighter mood, Shrek. you gotta love the OST of Shrek.
I'm a believer, All star, Hallelujah, Best years of our lives and hey now you're a rock star. anyone ?

Alien
15th October 2005, 07:40 AM
Frida, American beauty, The English Patient

Querida
18th October 2005, 12:41 AM
Gattaca was my all time fave, Snatch, Kill Bill for sure and the Pulp Fiction Theme...

Alana
10th November 2005, 11:35 AM

And yoU?

The Godfather by Nino Rotti - it`s timeless.

Querida
10th November 2005, 09:44 PM
Vero...how could i possibly forget? :)

Nerd
11th November 2005, 05:14 AM
The Good, the bad and the ugly, Italian job :)

narayanan
26th March 2006, 03:49 AM
Broken by Evanescence (part of Punisher soundtrack)
Theme from 1492 Conquest of Paradise
Broken Arrow theme
Beverly Hills Cop theme
Mission Impossible theme

rocketboy
27th March 2006, 08:00 PM
mariner's goodbye (waterworld)

ssanjinika
27th March 2006, 10:14 PM
I really liked the sound track of Mr.&Mrs.Smith.

Alien
30th March 2006, 07:14 AM
The good, the bad & the ugly :thumbsup: :thumbsup: majestic

ramky
31st May 2006, 07:31 PM
1. theme from Love Story
2. good bad & the ugly
3. terminator 2
4. batman forever
5. man with the golden gun
6. view to a kill
7. blink