PDA

View Full Version : The Effect & Style of Thiruvasagam

IsaiRasigan
12th September 2005, 10:03 AM
After listening to it, only one word describes it best... MAGNIFICENT! BRILLIANT!

Okay, 2 words :)

All the 6 songs shows diff flavors from the maestro. Excellent stuff! I can hear so many patterns & styles inside. Village flute, church chorale, temple recital, Broadway musical, Western classical, Indian classical, powerful bombast stuff, religious chants, string chorale puntuations, etc etc. Gosh! So many musical turns within few seconds. Best part is that they are all intervowen brilliantly & flow very nicely throughout.

IR, finally, has unleashed his orchestral brilliance. It was already coming actually....ever since I heard Mazhai Thiranthu & Poongkathave from Nizhagal. Needless to say, IR was already showing musical excellence with all the fantastic bgm he did with his studio ensemble since day 1.

Previously, I always rated Lajja to have the best every orchestral soundtrack by an Indian composer. Now, it is Thiruvasagam.
Seems like IR will keep outdoing himself.

I only hope my other heroes like Goldsmith, Steiner, Tiomkin, Newman, Rozsa and Herrmann were around. Otherwise, I will be sending them each this CD :)

RR
12th September 2005, 04:04 PM
More than one thread to continue here: http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewforum.php?f=9