PDA

View Full Version : Shreya Ghosal's Tamil

genesis
24th August 2005, 01:34 AM
It is hard to believe she is from North. Her Tamil pronunciation is very good... almost flawless....

Does she know Tamil? Anyone has some idea?

MumbaiRamki
24th August 2005, 02:59 AM
if u hear the song 'azhagina azhagi ' from ennaku 20 movie ,u will know if she knows tamizh or not :)

dinesh2002
24th August 2005, 06:47 AM
If you ask me....the only song she sang fluent tamil was in Thavazadhu - Ah Aah...with the tounge twisting words....others she was 98%,with some parts she tend to proof she is non-tamilian (example : Ennaku piditha paadal...the part Ennai Piditha NilaVU..) Anniyan she was good too...thank god Hj took her for the song and the song is perfect for what it is...except the way Jassie Gift sings..he sings like he is having problem to past motion..(mukkuran) :lol: Shyera's style was in E20U18 song was " Azhagina ALagi askava" 8)

but def she's the best among the non-tamilian singers...1000 times better than Madhushre's diction.....

Kumanan
24th August 2005, 08:49 AM
Shreya Goshal's pronunciation in Tamil is surprisingly a big leap from 'Alagina Alagi' of E20U18 to 'Pani thuli Pani thuli' of KNM. Now a good solo(sad preferably) like 'Ninaithu Ninaithu Parthaen' will definitely put her in the top tamil female playback singer seat. 8)

genesis
24th August 2005, 08:04 PM
Dinesh:

Not only Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu... listen to her in ONOK - Kattril Varaum, Konjam Thira, Khajuraho... all 3 songs her tamil pronunciation is impeccable.

I do not think any north singer, including Kavitha Krishnamurthy a Tamilian from Mumbai, pronunced Tamil so good.

rajeshkrv
25th August 2005, 12:45 AM
kavitha's pronounciation was never bad..

Ravi_odiyur
26th August 2005, 09:34 AM
I do agree with rajeshkrv. Kavitha's Tamil pronounciation was never flawed.

On the other front, I am surprised how we get convinced by 'seemingly-perfect' diction. Is it because of the horrible Tamil we get to hear from many singers today? I am reminded of the days when we were blessed to hear from the likes of TMS, PS, SPB, Chithra... who were so perfect inspite of not having Tamil as their native tongue. I had heard that AVM Chettiar had arranged for a Tamil tutor to improve PS's pronounication. I can only wonder if any singer today would thrust such a dedication to achieve perfection?

Though I have no second thoughts about Shreya's singing talents or the fact that her Tamil is better than the rest of the lot, I fail to convince myself to accept that the redition is good (leave alone perfect).

Sanjeevi
29th August 2005, 12:44 PM
She rocks tfm now,

Thazhuvuthu, Katril varum, konjam thira, pani thuli wov wonderful.

yvsmani
30th August 2005, 01:40 PM
shreya's voice in thendral was wonderful, listen to E penne penne enna achchu

Jilaba
26th November 2005, 07:18 PM
Oho...

'Kajuraho...kanavilore...'
and
'Kaatril varum geethame...'

paadiyathu ivangathana?.
nalla kural..
vaazhga....valarga....

Sreesharan
30th November 2005, 09:47 AM
Please do not say Chithra's pronounciation is so good. Now she has improved a lot. but listen to her 80's songs.She never pronounced Raagam, Mogam, Dhaagam..
only Raaham, Moha, Dhaagam, etc

svaisn
1st December 2005, 09:05 AM
C'Mon.... Who is complaining about chitra :twisted:

I think even sadhanahas improved alot...

In IR's concert she sang Senbagame very weell

madhu
4th December 2005, 02:43 PM
karthik...

kochukadheenga.. :roll:

edhO theriyama chitra pathi sollittaanga..

ellorum.. chitra mudhalil kadamai padathil paadiya "anbE anbE" paatukkum
.. ippo amarkaLathil paadiya "unnOdu vazhadha" paatukkum uLLa difference pathi ninaichu appadi solli iruppanga ... mathapadi vera oNNum illa...

(ayyang... ennai adikka varadheenga !) :(

balajes
9th January 2006, 11:23 AM
Her voice is very nice in Panithuli, Sandiyarae, Kajuraho kanavilae, Ilam katru veesuthae. Her pronounciation is splendid and excellent.