PDA

View Full Version : Hi, and some things to be cleared....

keyman_sam
21st August 2005, 10:04 AM
Hi,
i've been lurking this forum for many days and i've finally decided to post.

First of all, disclaimer : all opinions are my own. Take them if you wish, leave them if you dont. I'm talking from a fan/listener's perspective all the time.

1). Anyone who thinks that A.R.R is greater than I.R. or I.R. is greater than A.R.R. is a fool. Dont call yourselves fans of A.R.R or I.R.

2). Both are geniuses in their own respects. A.R.R has excellent "sound" orchestration and I.R.R has excellent original orchestration.

3). At first, i was a hardcore Rahman fan only and laughed at others when they mentioned IR. Then, i joined a band as a keyboard player and we had to play 99% IR's songs, and THEN, i realized what a genius he is and what a fool i've always been.

4). I'm now a A.R.R and IR fan. I also like YSV's music (some of it) and dont like Harris J's music much. Personal preference again.

5). Remember IR's time period? They had REAL instruments, REAL tape recording, REAL cut and paste. If you wanted a 4-bar rhytm to loop the entire song, sorry, you didnt have that. Just imagine how hard that is.

6). IR wrote score for his instruments. His BGMs are second to none. His chord progressions are unbelievable. IR's voice was magic. Period.

7). A.R.R has state of the art equipment and has a lot of people working under him. He plays keyboard fantastically. The guy G.V.Prakash who worked for him in the album "A.Aah" played keyboard in our band and is cousin of A.R.R. His choice of instruments is unique, IMO ofcourse.

8). Composing music for all these years is not easy. You shouldnt be saying silly things about these people because they are the reason tamil industry is still alive. They work hard. Calling such great people "naai" "panni" is third-grade character. Those who do so, take some pills and try to get a life.

Enough said, all these are just my opinions, and mine alone. Take them if you want or ignore me if you choose to.

nilavupriyan
21st August 2005, 12:01 PM
Hi,

First of all, disclaimer : all opinions are my own. Take them if you wish, leave them if you dont. I'm talking from a fan/listener's perspective all the time.

1). Anyone who thinks that A.R.R is greater than I.R. or I.R. is greater than A.R.R. is a fool. Dont call yourselves fans of A.R.R or I.R.

2). Both are geniuses in their own respects. A.R.R has excellent "sound" orchestration and I.R.R has excellent original orchestration.

3). At first, i was a hardcore Rahman fan only and laughed at others when they mentioned IR. Then, i joined a band as a keyboard player and we had to play 99% IR's songs, and THEN, i realized what a genius he is and what a fool i've always been.

4). I'm now a A.R.R and IR fan. I also like YSV's music (some of it) and dont like Harris J's music much. Personal preference again.

5). Remember IR's time period? They had REAL instruments, REAL tape recording, REAL cut and paste. If you wanted a 4-bar rhytm to loop the entire song, sorry, you didnt have that. Just imagine how hard that is.

6). IR wrote score for his instruments. His BGMs are second to none. His chord progressions are unbelievable. IR's voice was magic. Period.

7). A.R.R has state of the art equipment and has a lot of people working under him. He plays keyboard fantastically. The guy G.V.Prakash who worked for him in the album "A.Aah" played keyboard in our band and is cousin of A.R.R. His choice of instruments is unique, IMO ofcourse.

8). Composing music for all these years is not easy. You shouldnt be saying silly things about these people because they are the reason tamil industry is still alive. They work hard. Calling such great people "naai" "panni" is third-grade character. Those who do so, take some pills and try to get a life.

Enough said, all these are just my opinions, and mine alone. Take them if you want or ignore me if you choose to.

hi sam....,

actually..,all ir fans like a.r.r and all a.r.r fans love ir songs...but the fact is they like to have their favourites above all in the world....they are just fighting for the sake of entertainment....they all know know the brilliance of both people.

as for as i have seen anyone have not used "naai","panni"...words on those geniuses..

Sanjeevi
21st August 2005, 12:07 PM
keyman_sam,

You have posted your first post in you own thread. Great. :lol:

dinesh2002
21st August 2005, 01:26 PM
very nice post....as long as i know...no ARR fans hate IR songs....just because of some quarrels here it doesnt mean we dont like his music or him..when ARR himself praised IR mountain high..it will be realy funny if we ,the fans bashed IR fans....but yea...some IR fans bash ARR real bad,to the maximum...there is where the difference BETWEEN THE FANS OF IR & ARR!! remember...im comparing the fans...not the maestros....

nilavupriyan
21st August 2005, 01:37 PM
very nice post....as long as i know...no ARR fans hate IR songs....just because of some quarrels here it doesnt mean we dont like his music or him..when ARR himself praised IR mountain high..it will be realy funny if we ,the fans bashed IR fans....but yea...some IR fans bash ARR real bad,to the maximum...there is where the difference BETWEEN THE FANS OF IR & ARR!! remember...im comparing the fans...not the maestros....

actually ir fans are the people who have little decency in commenting in a.r.r...can u tell one comment by me or any otehr ir fan which bashed arr highly

njv
21st August 2005, 01:38 PM
very nice post. I did the mistakes few month back, bashing ARR, no more silly mistakes anymore. Now I enjoy talkig to both IR and ARR fans. Its like a family here. Thanks!

dinesh2002
21st August 2005, 02:07 PM

actually ir fans are the people who have little decency in commenting in a.r.r...can u tell one comment by me or any otehr ir fan which bashed arr highly

go & search for posts by Mr.Judge aka naatamai....u will get ur answer...

MADDY
21st August 2005, 02:32 PM
nilavu 1 comment by a IR-fan( i dunt want to reveal the name as it mite spark off a huge controversy),

he had actually compared ARR to a prostitute and he said that pros r very shiny and attract ppl. but IR is like a temple where there is lukewarm response from ppl...........i was shocked into bits, that's when i realised IR fans have more of a parambara-pagai on ARR.....

chodo, things r much better now with ARR praising IR and IR also acknowledging ARR's gr8ness........one more thing:

POTRUVAAR POTRATTUM THOOTRUVAR THOOTRATTUM POGATTUM KANNANUKKE.......SARVAM KRISHNARPANAMASTHU.......watever u abuse,name calling,praises etc etc goes to Krishna and not to IR/ARR :lol:

sam, gr8 post but have u posted this on IR's abums section.....if u dunt know the path i'll give u the link...... :D

dinesh2002
21st August 2005, 02:42 PM
wow maddy...no joking.....that was bad!! i didint know IR fans would go that far.... i taut Mr Judge is the worse looks like there is 1 more....hmmm.....lucky no ARR fans did like what these people did!!

Sanjeevi
21st August 2005, 03:08 PM

sam, Who is YSV?, you mean YSR or MSV?

keyman_sam
21st August 2005, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome guyz.

I meant YSR, not YSV. :oops:

And yes, i have seen extreme bashing by some people ("naai" "panni" was just an example). Here's what bothers me : You have two different people who are peacefully making music and living their own happy lives, then why should WE fight like idiots? Cant we be peaceful and accept the fact that each of those 2 are great by themselves? Are we not wasting our own time belittling the others?

If this thread needs to go to IR's section, please feel free to do so.

alias
22nd August 2005, 09:06 PM
Keyman, really good post. Actually I know i fight with people but that is for pure entertainment, I do not have any personal vengance on any one. If I hurt anyone feeling I post a PM and convey my feelings to them. But what makes this forum different is inspite of being a total IR forum, ARR fans have started getting recognition which did not exists couple of years back. Now the forum seems to be balancing evenly :-)

lancelot
23rd August 2005, 07:05 PM
Hi,

hi sam....,

actually..,all ir fans like a.r.r and all a.r.r fans love ir songs...but the fact is they like to have their favourites above all in the world....they are just fighting for the sake of entertainment....they all know know the brilliance of both people.

as for as i have seen anyone have not used "naai","panni"...words on those geniuses..

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

i think that ARR an IR are greate in there own ways......
i also cant recall anyone calling ARR o IR "naai","panni"..

hehe
:D