PDA

View Full Version : THE TITANS ARE COMING TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Movies
3rd September 2005, 10:23 AM
Guys,

Here goes SIFy second time in 2 days Biased against ARR.....

They got an article saying shankar is wrtiting the screenplay in a secret hideout...

In the article Sify quotes " Shankar is in tremendous pressure from all areas to patch up with Rahman PURELY FOR COMMERCIAL REASONS....."

Now guys Please tell me WHAT THE HELL is that supposed to mean?.....

1. are they saying rahman aint that good.... but only cause for hype he is needed?
2. shankar is in fight with arr?
3. Shankar " SIFY" doesnt think ARR is good enough?

Sify better buy some brains soon!

svaisn
3rd September 2005, 10:54 AM
Dont trust these sify guys
they are hopeless.......

A.ANAND
3rd September 2005, 02:07 PM
avanunga [sify.com]venuminne itha ellava seiranungga..

dinesh2002
3rd September 2005, 02:59 PM
LOL @ dinesh...... u seem confused with 1 lakh and 1 crore!... jus kiddin pal!

Well... im not sure about the websites but I am very positive about him charging more than 1 crore.... I think even a year ago, kumudam or AV carried such an article and cinesout had also had it..... but that aint my source.....

even harris is said to charge 50 by some sources..... so 75 for ARR is nothing by that standard...

Regardless.... Ive got my informative sources.... i hope you would take my words for granted , rather than pressing me for details mate!

Any way Who cares what he charges.... lets jus care about his music! The more he charges the more happy his kids wud be!

hahahahahaahahahh another effect the Mayilirage song gave me...1st i did sometyping error in ARR thread,now here....so sorry guys...here is the right message :

no pa...im very sure he just charges 1 CRORE..not more...only for few movies he went more than 1 crore...other than that....75lakhs - 1 crore only..... this was mentioned in 1 website....cant remember the source though...but im very sure most to most 1 CRORE...i think ARR charges lesser now = 75 lakhs!

stone cold
3rd September 2005, 03:31 PM
Guys,

Here goes SIFy second time in 2 days Biased against ARR.....

They got an article saying shankar is wrtiting the screenplay in a secret hideout...

In the article Sify quotes " Shankar is in tremendous pressure from all areas to patch up with Rahman PURELY FOR COMMERCIAL REASONS....."

Now guys Please tell me WHAT THE HELL is that supposed to mean?.....

1. are they saying rahman aint that good.... but only cause for hype he is needed?
2. shankar is in fight with arr?
3. Shankar " SIFY" doesnt think ARR is good enough?

Sify better buy some brains soon!

so confirmed arr is he MD 4 "SIVAJI".
remember guys,sify is the only site mentioned that arr and shankar had misunderstanding, hence shankar opted 4 harris 4 anniyan.
but the real news is arr is busy during that period.
now to cover up sify is saying that shankar is under pressure to patch up with rahman.... bla bla :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
3rd September 2005, 05:26 PM
Latest buzz on Godfather - Saturday, September 03, 2005 at 03:34

The much awaited film for ajith is God Father and is directed by KS Ravikumar. The technical crew is known to you all through the old articles. The latest buzz is that that the audio of God Father tuned by AR Rehman will release in another 10 to 15 days time. The rocking and foot tapping tunes by AR Rehman will definitely make a box office hit through his songs as he did in Kandukonden Kandukonden with Ajth. The trailer is ready and has been censored. It is said that Nic Arts has distributed the Censored Trailers to prominent theatres in city like Abhirami, Udhayam, etc. So we can expect the trailers of it soon in the theatres and the TV Channels. It is under the satellite rights. So after it has been cleared it will be aired in the channels. Jeya or Sun Tv may bag the TV Rights for God Father movie. NSC - South Arcot and North Arcot distribution rights has been bagged by Oscar Films PVT limited. The remaining portions of the film will shot in Chennai from this Monday and it will last till 27th of this month. The Ajith introduction songs with special dancers is yet to be shot and will be shot in the coming schedule. The unofficial news is that it is a 15 crore budget film. KS Ravikumar is the fastest pace director. You know, as ajith lost weight, KSR has changed the screenplay to suit that physique and almost he has shot the full film in these schedules after Ajit resumed God Father. In some cinesites they have asked to whether KSR or the River director is the fastest director. Now it clearly shows that our star director KSR is the fastest.

http://www.ajithfans.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=671

TISK
3rd September 2005, 07:32 PM
[tscii:bd1ef9aa94]Pl. do not post irrelevant posts in this thread which is on 'Sivaaji'.

btw, here is the whole scoop!

"Shankar’s secret hide-out!

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 03 September , 2005, 09:50

Shankar is now writing the story of his new Rajnikanth film Sivaji in a resort near Thekkady, the tourist paradise in Kerala. He is also rumored to have taken a suite room in a Munnar resort to keep his Thekkady hide out as a top secret!
The reason is that no one will know whether he is in Munnar or Thekkady which is 80 kilometers away. He is also getting the help of Sujatha, his favourite script writer. But the major problem is that the story has to suit Rajnikanth’s larger-than-life image. The demands are so high that Shankar has to frequently make changes in the story.

Added to that, Shankar is under tremendous pressure from all quarters to make-up with A.R.Rahman purely for commercial reasons as Rajni- Rahman-Shankar combo under AVM banner is sure to fetch a high price for the audio rights.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com."

[/tscii:bd1ef9aa94]

m_23_bayarea
3rd September 2005, 08:52 PM
[tscii:adffa1c46f]Sivaji's Telugu rights sold for a whopping amount

Behindwoods
September 3 , 2005

Anniyan is making great waves in Andhra Pradesh as well. The audience and the industry there are keen to see more of Shankar’s films. In fact, the top stars there have expressed their wish to work under him. Fuelling the desire is the announcement that his next film will be with Superstar Rajinikanth. Well, a producer called Tirupathi Prasad has already bagged the Telugu rights of Sivaji for a mind boggling sum. He had wanted to produce a Telugu film on a budget of Rs. 40 crores to be directed by Shankar. But, Rajinikanth and AVM bosses requested him to postpone the project. He agreed and therefore has taken only the Telugu rights of Sivaji.

[/tscii:adffa1c46f]

Movies
4th September 2005, 06:44 AM
Dinakaran carries a news about Shivaji....

Says Amitab Bachan might be roped in for a role.

They say Shivaji is being aimed for a national release, thats the reason why Rani is being looked into for the role. And Amitab bachan , who shares a great rapport with SS could be in the movie too... remember the hindi version of Batsha actually starred Amitab and Rajni...... and in that movie Rajni played the role of his youngest brother.

Interestingly the news also states Rajni WANTS Rahman to be the MD .... this way the music will also be saleable in the national level...... strangely the news states Mangal Pandey is being appreciated for its music mainly!!!

Saagar
4th September 2005, 12:40 PM
In Last week's article in The Hindu on Mangal Pandey says, it looks like Rahman was sleeping while composing music for Mangal pandey!!!

njv
4th September 2005, 05:52 PM
In Last week's article in The Hindu on Mangal Pandey says, it looks like Rahman was sleeping while composing music for Mangal pandey!!!

Bullshit. Music was good and BGM was very good. Director just spoiled the music. They dont know how to use the music. It is probably a lesson for ARR not to work with these loosers.

Shankar
5th September 2005, 09:59 AM
njv,
except main vari, vari and raasiya, the music was no great shakes...I have to watch the movie to assess the BG score.

Movies
5th September 2005, 10:24 AM
shankar,

If you havent watchd the movie then why comment on the music being no shakes!

Shankar
5th September 2005, 05:00 PM
bcos I've listened to the songs and songs other than the ones mentioned above don't deserve any praise...I don't have to watch the movies to appreciate the songs.

Shankar
5th September 2005, 05:01 PM
and if njv's words are to go by (Director just spoiled the music. They dont know how to use the music.), watching the movie wud've still reinforced my conviction :-)

njv
5th September 2005, 06:39 PM
and if njv's words are to go by (Director just spoiled the music. They dont know how to use the music.), watching the movie wud've still reinforced my conviction :-)

Yes, watch the movie and you will realize. Songs are placed in the most unexpected situations. Its probably the over-hype that killed the movie. This is a very good lesson for the 300 cr budget mahabharat that mani is gonna make. Its going to be another flop.

m_23_bayarea
5th September 2005, 08:41 PM
Amitabh to act in 'Sivaji'?
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/05092005-2.shtml

Reliable sources say Amitabh could be roped in to act in the Rajini-Shankar-AVM mega production 'Sivaji.'

As of now, 'Sivaji' is the most happening film down south. Even on the day of the inaugural pooja, the film is said to have been sold for record price. This has stunned even the top stars and directors of Bollywood.

Bollywood's prominent producer/director Ram Gopal Verma said in an interview, "Rajinikanth is the one hero who has appeal on a national level. I would love to direct him in a film someday."

'Sivaji' has already created a record sales and the latest happy news is Amitabh could also be starring in it. Director Shankar is reported to have met Amitabh about this on a 2 day visit to Bangalore where he met up with the mega star. Since an effort is being made to get world beauty Aishwarya Rai to act in 'Sivaji,' getting Amitabh in will boost the film sales even more.

Amidst all this, it is said Rani Mukherjee is as good as finalized as another heroine in 'Sivaji.'

dinesh2002
5th September 2005, 08:47 PM
the 1 more actress is aishwariya rai i guess :D :D :D :D

prashanth12
5th September 2005, 11:56 PM
I would have wanted the next movie to have been a Rajini-IR reunion. I still think IR is the only one who could ever match up with Rajini in terms of music, his latest few movies don't compare with IRs movies he did for him.

I don't see it happening now though....

Movies
6th September 2005, 01:11 AM
yeah prashanth whatever!

interz
6th September 2005, 02:09 AM
dont think ir rajni combo is possible any more...

prashanth12
6th September 2005, 06:46 AM
dont think ir rajni combo is possible any more...

I know, that's why I said I don't see it happening now.

It would still be the best though.

What are you disagreeing with Movies?

Movies
6th September 2005, 08:57 AM
duh, have a guess.....I disagree with " I still think IR is the only one who could ever match up with Rajini in terms of music, his latest few movies don't compare with IRs movies he did for him."

In terms of sheer mass appeal without quality Deva has given rajni the best.... in terms of mass apeal with quality with innovation ARR has given the best for Rajni........

It does sound crazy but Deva has never let Rajni down with mass apeal, forget about anything else though!.....

Rahman has given Rajni songs mass appeal and class.... Take Muthu intro for ex...

prashanth12
6th September 2005, 04:40 PM
Rahman has given Rajni songs mass appeal and class.... Take Muthu intro for ex...

You can't use the Muthu intro to justify everything. Other than that song, is there really anything special Rahman has given him? I think ARR is a good composer and I like many of his songs but he hasn't done much for Rajini. Compare Padiyappa or Baba soundtrack with IRs Thalapathi, Veera or Yejaman.

Movies
6th September 2005, 07:59 PM
Padayappa holds the record for a rajni album sales....

Yejaman was a class agreed, but that was a movie of substance...... other than that... rahman holds the ace.......

m_23_bayarea
6th September 2005, 09:54 PM
Even though IR has given a lot of hit albums for Rajini in the 80s, ARR did it beyond any class in Muthu and Padayappa. Muthu was a typical mass entertainer, and ARR revolutionized such a script with classy songs and beautiful BGM. His intro song for Rajini is unarguably the best. Abt Padayappa, a comparatively serious movie, that scene where Ramya Krishnan and Rajini meet after 18 years or so had no dialogues at all, but ARR conveyed everything just with his BGM. I dont think IR has given such a masterpeice for Rajini. A drop of honey is better than an ocean of water, you know....

Movies
6th September 2005, 10:32 PM
Padayappas BGM was stunning to say the least...... the Neelambari theme , the vetri kodi kattu theme, added so much spice to the scenes and goose bumps on the viewers!

Muthu the ambalavaanan theme gave so much fear to the villain.

And IRs BGM to each of rajnis movies couldnt have been better...... but rahman excelled to give a classy and massy feel!

Ofcourse to the mass Batcha had scintillating BGM... true it did , but sadly not compsed by Deva but copied from Terminator!

rsubras
6th September 2005, 10:47 PM
IR has given several classy BGMs to Rajini movies, but having said that those were for the characters played by rajini than for rajini himself........ esp who can forget the Netrikan daddy theme....

but after Annamalai and particularly Basha music for Rajini moves assumed different dimensions. Pandiyan failed miserably in music I suppose esp for a Rajini movie. And even though Veera had classy music not fitting for a Rajini movie IMHO.

MusicIsLife
7th September 2005, 08:29 AM
Have ne body seen kazhugu. please talk abt BGM for SS movies after that.

prashanth12
8th September 2005, 03:33 AM
Abt Padayappa, a comparatively serious movie, that scene where Ramya Krishnan and Rajini meet after 18 years or so had no dialogues at all, but ARR conveyed everything just with his BGM. I dont think IR has given such a masterpeice for Rajini.

I will agree, that piece of BGM was good. But I don't think it is better than anything IR could give. The scene in Yejaman where Meena's character dies, that was a "masterpiece" as you put to me certainly, it conveyed such that couldn't be said in words and when the picture made a transition the music fitted accordingly. Personally other than "Oruvan Oruvan" I don't think Muthu's songs were really that amazing. However I must give credit where credit is due - "Vidukathaiya" is a perfect fitting song. As for Rajini's opening songs, sure, I would also say Oruvan Oruvan is the best. However IR has not really composed a real Rajini opening song yet, unless you count "Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu" and if you do, then I'm afraid that one takes the prize.

Movies
8th September 2005, 06:18 AM
prashanth,

By comparing yejamans soga music and padayappa villain music ur comparing apples and oranges.... infact beyond that.....

Rakkama beats oruvan?........ Nah........... never..... in what ways?..... i cant see any.....

As I said u cant compare something like yejaman and muthu..... they are completely out of comparison.... Yejaman has so much substance, muthu is jus another movie....Def Yejaman is one of Rajnis BEST films and acting too.... but u cant compare IR and ARR on that.......

But in a movie like Muthu if rahman can come up with something like Vidukathaya, now that says a lot about rahman.....

prashanth12
8th September 2005, 06:40 AM
Rakkama beats oruvan?........ Nah........... never..... in what ways?

It's a better song. Didn't it place in bbc's top 10? I think the interludes in Oruvan Oruvan aren't that great, in Rakkamma it is very rich composition. Rakkamma alternates so often from finger snapping to the fast interludes to the beat and then switches style altogether but it all feels very connected. Personally I would also say when SPB hits the high notes in the middle it's as fitting for Rajini as anything in Oruvan Oruvan. While Oruvan is a great song, it is just not as brilliantly composed. There is a single beat that stays for the entire song and alternates between SPB and the simple interludes (though the intro is fantastic, I'll give you that). It's just that "Rakkamma" is just better.

By comparing yejamans soga music and padayappa villain music ur comparing apples and oranges.... infact beyond that.....

I am aware of your quote of the difference between the movies but I was thinking of m_23_bayarea's post as I wrote that. He stated IR has never given a masterpiece for Rajini and I certainly think he has.

But I don't see how can you can use that as an excuse. The fact is IR hasn't composed for Rajini recently so we don't know if he could match up to Rahman in the "just another movie" type of Rajini film.

But in a movie like Muthu if rahman can come up with something like Vidukathaya, now that says a lot about rahman.....

It certainly does, it shows he is a very able composer. But I just don't think his Rajini songs have been exceptional. Out of his 3 albums I've found perhaps 2 in each album to be exceptional songs. However, for Illayaraja's albums as I mentioned above, like Thalapathi, Yejaman, Mannan, Veera, I've found perhaps 1 or 2 bad songs (sometimes).

We can't compare what kind of film each composed for - but we can compare the music that came from it.

Movies
8th September 2005, 11:02 AM
prashanth,

Dude, the BBC rating ... comeon .... If it wasnt for this forumn rakamma wudnt have even been on the list! infact not a single indian or pakistan song wud have! I clearly remember one IR fanatic starting a thread titled " VOTE FOR RAKAMMA IN BBC".... udont beleive me look up the archives or ask another tfmpage veteran....

Rakamma wasnt even a rajni intro song....

Uve mentioned only 5 out of the possible 35 IR rajni movie!

and the movies uve mentioned were THE BEST Rajni movies... if no good music for them, then for what else?

I wud agree with the fact that rahman hasnt been at his best for Rajni, but rahman has certainly given as much of a modern flavour to rajnis song to make rajni that much younger!

You have your views , but its cool we are having a healthy discussion , cause usually within a few replies it starts getting ugly on this forumn! So maybe I shud stop it at here...

inetk
8th September 2005, 12:25 PM
Wasnt Padayappa's BGM by Sabesh Murali? I believe it was not by Rahman, though Sabesh Murali used variations/ instrumentals of the actual songs as BGM.

alias
8th September 2005, 07:31 PM
Dude, what are you talking? That rocking music for Padaiyappa is by Thalaivar Arr. No way Sabesh Murali can come up with that. I think for En Swasa Katre, Sabesh Murali scored the BGM instead of ARR, Pravin Mani for Parasuram.

prasanth, Rakamma is a sure a good song but good for Ss intro level. IR has not come up with an excellent introduction song for SS like ARR and Deva did. Yes he has composed good song for SS but not that makes SS a super man. Only ARR can elevate him to that level.

Rakamma became No 1 due to Srilankans and Tamilians. If this was to publicized and re-polled again with the entire Asians knowing about it, it would not be in Top 10 at all :-)

Sanjeevi
8th September 2005, 07:51 PM
Rakamma is uncomparable song. Rajni should be very lucky to get this song. ARR did oruvan oruvan song which is also a superb song but still rakamma wins.

TISK
8th September 2005, 08:14 PM
COULD YOU TAKE THIS ARR/IIR DEBATES ELSEWHERE AND STICK TO THE TOPIC?
IT IS REALLY DISGUSTING TO SEE THE SAME OLD ARGUMENTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN, EVERYTIME!
WHEN ARE YOU ALL GOING TO ACCEPT AND AGREE THAT BOTH....REPEAT....BOTH IIR AND ARR ARE OUR GIFTS FROM THE MUSIC GODS AND LET US TRY TO ENJOY THEM BOTH!
IT'S TIME TO GROW UP!

and... fyi... the topic is 'THE TITANS ARE COMING TOGETHER' and not fighting together!!

Sanjeevi
8th September 2005, 09:27 PM
COULD YOU TAKE THIS ARR/IIR DEBATES ELSEWHERE AND STICK TO THE TOPIC?
IT IS REALLY DISGUSTING TO SEE THE SAME OLD ARGUMENTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN, EVERYTIME!
WHEN ARE YOU ALL GOING TO ACCEPT AND AGREE THAT BOTH....REPEAT....BOTH IIR AND ARR ARE OUR GIFTS FROM THE MUSIC GODS AND LET US TRY TO ENJOY THEM BOTH!
IT'S TIME TO GROW UP!

and... fyi... the topic is 'THE TITANS ARE COMING TOGETHER' and not fighting together!!

then, why did you create a poll like 'Who should be the MD'?. It is a neck to neck fight between IR and ARR fans (same votes).

he he
:D

m_23_bayarea
8th September 2005, 10:19 PM
I totally agree that IR is a maestro, genius, and all that. But admit it or not, his time is over. And that was clearly because of ARR, who revolutionized Tamil music to the highest level in India, and internationally. People were getting so bored with the village-folk type of music, and ARR's entry was like showers in a dry land. He is the most classy, western, modern, etc etc based MD that makes all Tamils proud worldwide. And he for sure has given his best for Rajini that clicked so well. Padayappa sold 3.5 lakh cassettes on the first day....That itself speaks tons for the deadly combination between the Superstar and The Super MD...

app_engine
8th September 2005, 10:36 PM
bayarea,

"People were getting so bored with the village-folk type of music"

Please do not generalise like that. You very well know that none of the MR movies had music of the folk genre (including Rajinikanth's Dhalapathi)...and even today, there's audience for IR's output (both filmi & non-filmi types). This is not to take the credit out of ARR, who brought in 'MTV style' music / sounds which were not explored much by IR. EVERY OTHER FORM HAD BEEN REASONABLY WELL EXPLORED BY HIM.

If people were bored with SOME of his output, it was because of wrong colloborations which resulted in lazy repetitiveness. This was happening even when he was the market leader. (Even ARR suffers the same today in some of his ventures, which are not hot selling or popular).

Generalising & flame throwing like this can't change the reality!

app_engine
8th September 2005, 10:51 PM
Having posted the above (digression), I wish to add that it does not matter who the MD will be for a typical Rajinikanth project. If there's a gripping screen play, even without songs, it can be a winner as it has a man with great screen presence. Otherwise, even great music score may not be able to lift it up.

Sanjeevi
8th September 2005, 10:54 PM
I totally agree that IR is a maestro, genius, and all that. But admit it or not, his time is over. And that was clearly because of ARR, who revolutionized Tamil music to the highest level in India, and internationally. People were getting so bored with the village-folk type of music, and ARR's entry was like showers in a dry land. He is the most classy, western, modern, etc etc based MD that makes all Tamils proud worldwide. And he for sure has given his best for Rajini that clicked so well. Padayappa sold 3.5 lakh cassettes on the first day....That itself speaks tons for the deadly combination between the Superstar and The Super MD...

Thiruvasagam CDs has been sold lot and lot and also selling. There is noway for any film albums at near to Thiruvasagam sales figures. You are the best comedian of recent times saying IR's time is over.

:rotfl:

m_23_bayarea
8th September 2005, 11:27 PM
Thiruvasagam CDs has been sold lot and lot and also selling. There is noway for any film albums at near to Thiruvasagam sales figures. You are the best comedian of recent times saying IR's time is over.
:rotfl:

Aleast my favorite MD is rocking the whole world with milestones one after the other, and not bragging with the sales on just one local album.....And yeah, we don't personalize or go after calling people names in a forum....

alias
9th September 2005, 01:00 AM
Sanjeevi, Dont tell Thiruvasagam is selling like hot cakes. No one is buying them other than IR fans and devotional people. If this is the case why is the sales figure not projected? ..might be better compare to other devotional album but definetly not compare to film albums. I hope this album sells more atleast for the work of TISK who was doing a good promotion.

Bayarae, u r right. People were bored with the same folks song getting repeated with same beats. In most of the songs, you could hear the same beats of IR. Same style in majority of the songs except in couple of them. ARR came as a breeze and changed that. Some people might say his work is not selling any more but it is not the case. He is expermenting with different music and comes up with flying color. Atleast he is not monotonous and he changes his style constantly. I know all his albums are not becoming commercial hits.... atleast it is not falling into Dheena , VS category to make it commercial hit.

MusicIsLife
9th September 2005, 01:24 AM
"ALIAS" seems to know everything kudos.

prashanth12
9th September 2005, 02:20 AM
People were getting so bored with the village-folk type of music

That's a dumb generalisation and you know it. Personally I prefer tamil-tamil songs rather than western-tamil songs anyways.

As for Movies...

Rakamma wasnt even a rajni intro song....

I know it isn't...you mentioned oruvan oruvan was a better song.

And why didn't this very forum vote for something else then? Because it is a good song. I'm not saying all the world voted for it, I'm saying tamil people did so tamil people (not just IR fans) clearly though that song was top 10 material.

I was actually mentioning the most recent IR rajini movies..

TISK, we are not fighting or arguing to the extent that you seem to think....we are just discussing...why can't we discuss about our opinions as long as we don't start getting too heated up? I like both IR & ARR.

stranger
9th September 2005, 02:30 AM

Are you saying, it has just started??? :roll:

How many movies he has been working on today?

Did KH go back to him after the "success" of MX :?:

Who is the MD for VV and Dhasavadhaaram???

Is it IR???? If not, why not?

It is 2005 and not 1976! Nobody can be in the top for ever! 8)

m_23_bayarea
9th September 2005, 02:38 AM
Are you saying, it has just started??? :roll:

How many movies he has been working on today?

Did KH go back to him after the "success" of MX :?:

Who is the MD for VV and Dhasavadhaaram???

Is it IR???? If not, why not?

It is 2005 and not 1976! Nobody can be in the top for ever! 8)

Well said stranger....What was MX all abt?? It was the biggest joke of the year....I even forgot IR scored the music for it. All I'm saying is, IR was at the top certainly in the 80s. But now, times have drastically changed.....

And yeah, this is just a discussion, and we're not fighting or anything like somebody pointed out....

app_engine
9th September 2005, 02:55 AM
Digression:

Does it not sound 'strange' that people (like stranger, bayarea et al) still discuss about someone of 1976 & 80's in this year 2005, and throw flames on someone whose time at the top was over long back?:-))) Romba funny'A irukkungO!

End-digression

stranger
9th September 2005, 02:58 AM
COULD YOU TAKE THIS ARR/IIR DEBATES ELSEWHERE AND STICK TO THE TOPIC? and... fyi... the topic is 'THE TITANS ARE COMING TOGETHER' and not fighting together!!

Hey!

There is ABSOLUTELY no news about Shivaji and so people come up with other issues to discuss about. It only helps keeping this "titans" thread alive and active after all.

They all will get back to the topic as soon as they started working on the film. That is a "true promise"! :)

m_23_bayarea
9th September 2005, 03:03 AM
[tscii:38cc931a09]Sorry for the digression App_engine....Stranger, here's some news abt SHIVAJI...

------------------------------------

Shankar takes on board his assistants for Sivaji

Behindwoods
September 8, 2005

Shankar’s gigantic productions are much appreciated by the audience. He has a meticulous working style and is a punishing perfectionist. That is how he has been able to reach the summit of success. He has the policy of choosing his assistants before commencing work on each film. But director Mani Ratnam conducts interviews to decide on his assistants. Now, Shankar has also adopted this practice and gave out feelers that he was looking for assistants for his next film Sivaji. He received not less than a thousand applications. He screened them, conducted an interview and chose only 20 guys to be the assistants. Much is at stake for him in Sivaji and he has plunged completely into the project. He is carrying out story discussions with the new recruits.

[/tscii:38cc931a09]

stranger
9th September 2005, 03:04 AM
Digression: Does it not sound 'strange' that people (like stranger)
Hey! stranger should sound strange, which makes PERFECT SENSE ! :D

Romba funny'A irukkungO!
appa siriththuvidungaL! :) ean kOba padureenga??? :roll:

stranger
9th September 2005, 03:05 AM
Stranger, here's some news abt SHIVAJI...

Here you go, bayarea! :)

Sanjeevi
9th September 2005, 08:08 AM
Hi m_23_bayarea, alais and stranger,

Poona kanna mudikitta ulagam irundudathu. First you should clear the dusts from your eyes and ears. You are telling like today's sun light is not brighter than 1980s.

I think you are dreaming with Bombay dreams". ARR is not a international figure. He is famous only amoung NRIs. Feel the truth. Thirvasagam is local album?. may be like bombay dreams. :lol:

Shankar
9th September 2005, 09:43 AM
>>>>>>>
ARR is not a international figure. He is famous only amoung NRIs.
<<<<<<<

You could be true...WOHE though a good piece of work sank without a trace...

united07
9th September 2005, 10:15 AM
ARR only famous with NRI?

The list of NRI who wants to work with ARR seems amazing to me...

1) ALW
2) Vanessa May
3) Karen David
4) LOTR Stage producers
5) He-Ping (WOHE director)

reagan87
9th September 2005, 11:18 AM
Hey no matter what you guys could argue about, its definetely gonna be Joshua Sridhar the upcoming to beat Illayaraja & A.R. Rahman!!! :D

Movies
9th September 2005, 12:45 PM
Sanjeevi,

I assume your talking out of your passion for IR, otherwise you are pout of ur minds!

Do you ahve any idea how Thiruvasagam was funded?.... Did you know IR basically begged world over to release the album?....... I have PROOF! Unfortunately I cant make it public but can send it to u on PM....Now who is local?

When u argue talk brains.... otherwise anyone of us can trash talk and with authenticity too!

Now to the TOPIC....

Ayesha Takia the new heroine?... What u guys thin of her?
:)

united07
9th September 2005, 01:29 PM
Just for fun ok...

we all IR needed fund to complete his TiS...then he got sufficient funding...and he released the album....Great!

THEN....within a couple of months....
YSR got married!

THEN...within another month or so..
Bhava got married....

on both occasions...Mrs.IR was parading her collection of jewels.....(may be Kalyani Coverings....but GOK)...

err..........what was the issue all this while? FUNDING?.....
can you guys...kinda make it!?!?!?!??!

:lol: :lol:

stranger
9th September 2005, 07:29 PM
Hi m_23_bayarea, alais and stranger,

Poona kanna mudikitta ulagam irundudathu. First you should clear the dusts from your eyes and ears. You are telling like today's sun light is not brighter than 1980s.

The same story was told when MS Visswanthan was fading in the late seventies.

BTW, Poonai never told or thought anything like that. Poonai was just used by humans according to their convenience. Now you do the same when you dont have any strong points to defend the today's status of IR in the Tamil Cinema. 8)

stone cold
9th September 2005, 07:47 PM
Ayesha Takia is Rajini's heroine in 'Sivaji'

The latest heart throb of Bollywood is Ayesha Takia and she has been approached to play the lead role in 'Sivaji' opposite Rajinikanth

Even though there was an all out attempt to rope in Aishwarya Rai as Rajini's heroine in 'Sivaji,?' other arrangements were also going on side by side as Aishwarya did not have dates. Even if she would like to star with Rajini, her dates are full for the next one year with other film commitments. So, they found an equally attractive heroine in Ayesha Takia.

Ayesha commands a fee of Rs.50 lakhs per film and is now the top of the top young heroines in Bollywood. She has been featured in ad films from the age of 4 and even appeared in a music video at the age of 15.

We received information that even though Takia turned down an offer to act with Nagarjuna in a Telugu film, she readily accepted the offer for 'Sivaji' opposite Rajini.

The Tamil speaking audience can soon have a darshan of Takia.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/08092005-5.shtml

alias
9th September 2005, 07:51 PM
Very good United, Stranger and movies,

"Poona kanna mudikitta ulagam irundudathu" should be applicable to all IR fans. They are the one who dreams that TIS will be an international victory. Leave international ,if people buy album within India that would be an achievement.

Shankar, do you still want to argue that WoHE sank even after reading rsubras post?

Sanjeevi, if ARR is not international figure then no one from India can be called International. He has worked with many musicians as united listed and gets many offer which shows his international status.

Name one project which IR got outside TN. The case is so poor that even KB when he made Ek Dujhe ke liye opted for LP instead of IR. Thank KB for that. The songs from EDKL is super hit and classic and if that was composed by IR, the music would have sunk without trace thanks to IR popularity outside S.India :rotfl:

alias
9th September 2005, 08:00 PM
Just for fun ok...

we all IR needed fund to complete his TiS...then he got sufficient funding...and he released the album....Great!

THEN....within a couple of months....
YSR got married!

THEN...within another month or so..
Bhava got married....

on both occasions...Mrs.IR was parading her collection of jewels.....(may be Kalyani Coverings....but GOK)...

err..........what was the issue all this while? FUNDING?.....
can you guys...kinda make it!?!?!?!??!

:lol: :lol:

Probably she would have rented from someone for 1 day to keep IR pride :lol:

And Poor IR , he does not have funds to produce an album like TIS but when it comes to marriage, he will leave no stone unturned to make it grand. It is not only IR but many Indians want wedding to be conducted grantly but when it comes to charity they give a check of 5 lakhs for tsunami victims :wink:

Sanjeevi
9th September 2005, 08:32 PM
The same story was told when MS Visswanthan was fading in the late seventies.

The same story was told when ARR was fading in the starting of twenty firsts. :lol: . After rhythm there was no super hit from ARR.

BTW I much like his 2 songs in his latest album Ah Aah.

ARR only famous with NRI?

The list of NRI who wants to work with ARR seems amazing to me...

1) ALW
2) Vanessa May
3) Karen David
4) LOTR Stage producers
5) He-Ping (WOHE director)

In the same way IR is also famous. I can list more than you.

Do you ahve any idea how Thiruvasagam was funded?.... Did you know IR basically begged world over to release the album?....... I have PROOF! Unfortunately I cant make it public but can send it to u on PM....Now who is local?

Hello, Unsufficient fund is not IR's fault. The product quality and success are the most important matters. 8)

"Poona kanna mudikitta ulagam irundudathu" should be applicable to all IR fans. They are the one who dreams that TIS will be an international victory. Leave international ,if people buy album within India that would be an achievement.

Yes we are ready to open the poona (non IR fans) eyes. :D

Economic times have given No. 1 position to Thiruvasagam for many weeks and the chart included film album. And many many news have published on media about TiS sales and success like CM's success.
[/code]

MADDY
9th September 2005, 08:42 PM
"Ayesha Takia the new heroine?... What u guys thin of her? "

forget ARR and IR for a moment guys....ayesha takia- ooohhhh gr88.....wat a piece she is......she is more sleek than any nokia/samsung mobile phones and more graceful than a mercedes.....i wish i was rajinikanth feeling this piece with my eyes and hands.....grrrrrr....

alias
9th September 2005, 09:21 PM
sANJEEVI, I would be really interested to see the sales figure of TIS.. Not kidding....

And yes Maddy, man she is really hottie :P I watched all of her movies and I liked her more in Dil Maange Moore which I wanted more of her scenes than Shahid Kareena Kapoor :-)

slperson1
10th September 2005, 04:26 AM
Thiruvasagam was all HYPE and nuthin spectacular.On the cd it talks of all the high profile people involved...yet you can get the same quality sound engineers and what not from rahmans troup and even YSR's troup. The reason IR didnt use indian sound engineer's etc was cause of his EGO. I was there for the US release of the cd.Basically Mr. Casper got up and begged the audience to buy it and to support this 'great' piece of work. ARR's Raaga Dance and WOHE is MUCH better than thiruvasagam. IR should teamed up with his sons YSR & KR the three of them coulda made a better album. This Tiruvasagam will not take the world by storm.it is already gettin dusty in my house; what foreigner will listen to it when our own people have lost interest in the cd already?

And I think takia is a better choice than aishwaraya rai...well actually for rajini ramya krishnan would be the best choice cuz she looks good next to him.Takia or Aisha next to rajini will look like a pedophile case.

prashanth12
10th September 2005, 07:02 AM
Thiruvasagam was all HYPE and nuthin spectacular.On the cd it talks of all the high profile people involved...yet you can get the same quality sound engineers and what not from rahmans troup and even YSR's troup. The reason IR didnt use indian sound engineer's etc was cause of his EGO. I was there for the US release of the cd.Basically Mr. Casper got up and begged the audience to buy it and to support this 'great' piece of work. ARR's Raaga Dance and WOHE is MUCH better than thiruvasagam.

Coincidentally you forgot to mention the actual music :roll:

slperson1
10th September 2005, 08:36 AM
Coincidentally you forgot to mention the actual music
coincindentally there was nothing to talk abotu thiruvasagam! it wasnt anything NEW

united07
10th September 2005, 02:41 PM
"she is more sleek than any nokia/samsung mobile phones "

thats not Ayesha Takia...thats Ayesha NOKIA!

:lol:

Sanjeevi
10th September 2005, 03:07 PM
it is already gettin dusty in my house;

Oh very bad. what a dusty house you have?. :lol:

Many actors (Vikram, Vijay, Bharath, Simbhu, Surya, Srikandh) excluding Ajith praises about Rajini in current week Ananda Vikatan's article "Rajini Avathu Eppadi?" (How to become Rajini?).

Still there is no official annoucement of Shivaji's technical team like Music, Art, Cameraman, Lyricist. :wink:

stone cold
11th September 2005, 10:49 AM
No expectations of 'Sivaji' - Vidyasagar

After the songs of 'Chandramukhi' became super hits, Rajini fans wonder if Vidyasagar will be the music director for 'Sivaji' also.

We asked Vidyasagar if he expected to be the composer for 'Sivaji.' "I never have expectations. I just do my work, that's all. In 'Chandramukhi' and 'Gilli' I was just a small part of the film. I will always give my best, but the outcome is not in our hands," replied Vidyasagar.

"I did not expect 'Chandramukhi.' So, how will I expect 'Sivaji' to fall into my hands? There's nothing wrong in fans wanting me to compose music for 'Sivaji' also. If the assignment comes my way, I'll get to work right away," said Vidyasagar.

He also shared his joy of winning the National Award this year. "Awards give a person joy. It shows that we are being noticed. The joy is similar to when the teacher says your work has been very good."

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/10092005-5.shtml

inetk
11th September 2005, 12:24 PM
That was very humble of Vidyasagar considering the number of successes he had in the past few years - not going into quality as defined by individuals.

He now has P Vasu's Paramasivan too, starring Ajith.

Off-topic: Is Ajith blind? Why is wearing his goggles inside the room? No one is wearing them aorund him. Just check all the pics in Indiaglitz's launch gallery...he has them on even on stage...while talking to Rajinikanth. Rajinikanth must be thinking what an idiot!

njv
12th September 2005, 07:38 AM
Thiruvasagam was all HYPE and nuthin spectacular.On the cd it talks of all the high profile people involved...yet you can get the same quality sound engineers and what not from rahmans troup and even YSR's troup. The reason IR didnt use indian sound engineer's etc was cause of his EGO. I was there for the US release of the cd.Basically Mr. Casper got up and begged the audience to buy it and to support this 'great' piece of work. ARR's Raaga Dance and WOHE is MUCH better than thiruvasagam. IR should teamed up with his sons YSR & KR the three of them coulda made a better album. This Tiruvasagam will not take the world by storm.it is already gettin dusty in my house; what foreigner will listen to it when our own people have lost interest in the cd already?

And I think takia is a better choice than aishwaraya rai...well actually for rajini ramya krishnan would be the best choice cuz she looks good next to him.Takia or Aisha next to rajini will look like a pedophile case.
:lol:

stranger
12th September 2005, 10:09 PM
This Tiruvasagam will not take the world by storm.it is already gettin dusty in my house; what foreigner will listen to it when our own people have lost interest in the cd already?

Well foreigners seem to do YOGA when our own people are not interested in doing that! :roll:

Takia or Aisha next to rajini will look like a pedophile case.

Is that so? :shock: Why is that, "expert" ????? :?

Sanjeevi
12th September 2005, 11:02 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/16735.html

Vidyasagar or ARR?

Yaarai kettu intha thread start panneenga

God bless ARR fans

Nerd
12th September 2005, 11:12 PM
sanjeevi :lol:

I can understand that you want to increase your *post-count*.. Why post the same message in an irrelevant thread??

AFAICS, this thread is created by TISK, who I have not seen posting on ARR forums and I presume he is not an ARR fan. The title of this particular thread is "Titans are coming together" and it means Rajini and Shankar and it has nothing to do with ARR!!

TISK
13th September 2005, 01:24 AM
Please, please! '
Don't brand me like that!
Except for TiS topics, I dont post in other IIR threads also!
I have said this before and will say again!
I have great respects for both IIR and ARR and will never talk ill of either of them from a musical point of view.
And, their peersonal aspects are of no concerns of mine!
BTW, I am also a strong Rajini fan and by the same token 'not a Kamal hater'!
It is high time we come out of these clutches as Kamal said yesterday in his Sun TV interview with VS....
"innum yeththanai naaLukku ippadi pinnaala 20 pErai vechchukkittu kaadhal duet paadap pOReenga!"
Come on.. let's change!

stranger
13th September 2005, 03:16 AM
"innum yeththanai naaLukku ippadi pinnaala 20 pErai vechchukkittu kaadhal duet paadap pOReenga!"

Honestly, the duets with "group dance" is much more fun than just having the "old-fashioned" duets with "hero and heroine" dancing!

BTW, entha oorla "lovers' duet- paaduraanga? Any duet should be criticized and abandoned in that case.

Well, appappa avaru eathaavathu avarukku thOthaa sollikkuvaaru, athaiyellAm serious-A eduththukkaatheenga! :)

m_23_bayarea
13th September 2005, 03:26 AM
That was very humble of Vidyasagar considering the number of successes he had in the past few years - not going into quality as defined by individuals.

He now has P Vasu's Paramasivan too, starring Ajith.

Off-topic: Is Ajith blind? Why is wearing his goggles inside the room? No one is wearing them aorund him. Just check all the pics in Indiaglitz's launch gallery...he has them on even on stage...while talking to Rajinikanth. Rajinikanth must be thinking what an idiot! :lol: :lol:

rsubras
14th September 2005, 12:22 PM
[tscii:8c183cc3a0]http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13939901

From Sify

t is almost certain- A.R.Rahman will be the music director of Shankar’s prestigious project Sivaji with Rajnikanth produced by AVM. At the moment, Shankar and Rahman are in Australia composing songs for their forthcoming blockbuster!

Rahman is right now in Australia for ‘Qantas Sigaram TV A.R.Rahman 3rd dimension tour 2005’, a music concert. It is a fund raiser for the Kolkotta based “Udayan” whose chief patron is Steve Waugh, the ex-captain of Australian Cricket team who supports the concert tour.

Shankar flew in to Australia on Saturday and is a part of Rahman’s entourage. He had in fact come for the concert on special invitation of Rahman to discuss the tunes of Sivaji. Late in the night, of this 10-day tour, Rahman and Shankar discuss the script and mood of the songs.

A.R.Rahman- Shankar combination is one the best in Indian cinema and they have sold more audio album than any others in Tamil film music. All their albums like, Gentleman, Kathalan, Indian, Jeans, Muthalvan, Nayak (Hindi), Boys were all chartbusters. The only Shankar film without Rahman was the recent Anniyan.

Shankar fell out briefly with Rahman over re-recording of Boys which took months. Now they have patched up, and are totally engrossed in composing five songs and the theme music of Sivaji.

It is turning out to be a dream combination, Rajnikanth- Rahman- Shankar- AVM! [/tscii:8c183cc3a0]

svaisn
14th September 2005, 01:37 PM
Hope this will put an end to all the discussions..

interz
14th September 2005, 03:11 PM
the only minus is AVM, their more family oriented, that wont give the artists much freedom.

m_23_bayarea
14th September 2005, 11:04 PM
Shankar plunges full fledged into Sivaji

Behindwoods
September 14, 2005

Superstar Rajinikanth and Shankar are raring to go full steam into their next project Sivaji. Rajinikanth believes that the expectation created by the success of Chandramukhi should be sustained by a quick release. Shankar is therefore very busy in finishing the script in one go. He has decided to be cut off from any form of distraction and has switched off his cellphone. Shankar gave a big hit with Kamal in Indian and he is excited about creating another masterpiece with Rajini also

stranger
15th September 2005, 12:00 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13939901

From Sify

it is "almost certain"

It also means "not certain" or "uncertain"! 8)

Sify seems to "have learnt" how to cover their neck! :)

m_23_bayarea
15th September 2005, 12:03 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13939901

From Sify

it is "almost certain"

It also means "not certain" or "uncertain"! 8)

Sify seems to "have learnt" how to cover their neck! :)

I hope SIFY is NOT wrong this time.....

stranger
15th September 2005, 12:08 AM
me too! :D

svaisn
15th September 2005, 09:24 AM
Cant trust Sify..

m_23_bayarea
16th September 2005, 08:01 PM
[tscii:cbd3920d06]Who will get luck to score music for Sivaji?

Behindwoods
September 15, 2005

While work has started in right earnest for the film Sivaji, the music director has not yet been decided. While

Shankar would like Harris Jayaraj after the stupendous success of Anniyan, Rajinikanth felt that Vidyasagar’s songs also played a major role in the success of Chandramukhi. Meanwhile, the producers would like to have A.R. Rahman to add a dash of richness. As of now, folks are busy with finalizing the screenplay and hence the announcement of the music director will be made only a while later.

[/tscii:cbd3920d06]

TISK
16th September 2005, 10:26 PM
S.O.S! S.O.S!!

COULD ANYONE LET 'SHANKAR AND RAJNI' WATCH 'TRANSPORTER-2' ASAP!

IT HAS ALL THE ELEMENTS!

GREAT MOVIE!

ABSOLUTE UNADULTARATED FUN!

app_engine
20th September 2005, 01:14 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=210664&disdate=9/18/2005

....idhu eppadi irukku?

svaisn
20th September 2005, 08:41 AM
Engine..

Not able to read the link... font puriyale....

Can u please let us know what was there oin the link

yvsmani
20th September 2005, 04:15 PM
Kathik :
ovvoru actorum evvalavu sambalam vaangugiraargal enbathu thaan antha link

TISK
20th September 2005, 06:38 PM
koodavE oru bonus photo news-m irukku!
S* with IIR and their families at Bhava's wedding reception.

Raghu
20th September 2005, 08:24 PM
Any more news on Superb Star's film guys???

vatta

Lakalaklaklaklaklaka :wink:

m_23_bayarea
21st September 2005, 10:02 PM
The story of Rajini's 'Shivaji'

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/20092005-3.shtml

Shivaji is an Indian who's residing abroad. He's a celebrated educationalist. His passion is to offer world class education free to all in India. He invests all his personal wealth in creating high standard educational institutions in India.

But corruption is a great hurdle in executing his plans. After surmounting all this and nearing the realization of his dreams, rival education institutions try to influence the govt to block Shivaji's progress, but to no avail At that time, the opposition topples the govt. This new govt orders Shivaji's institutions to be razed to the ground.

Shivaji has lost all his wealth in his ventures to realize his dreams, and how he single handedly fights the opposition is the climax of the film.

There are many story lines for Rajini's film 'Shivaji' and what you have read now is only one of them. Kodambakkam believes that this is the storyline for which director Shankar is preparing his screenplay.

However, a few are positive it is not so. The reason is, Rajini's wife Latha Rajinikanth is running an educational institution called The Ashram. Only the super rich can afford to send their kids there to study. When that is the case, would Rajini act in a film with a sensitive subject line, they ask logically.

Only Rajini can answer that!

stranger
22nd September 2005, 12:13 AM
Guys @ cinesouth are really "creative"! :lol:

you send them into the wilderness with a pocket knife and a Q-tip and they will build you a shopping mall! :lol:

m_23_bayarea
22nd September 2005, 10:54 PM
Who will it be?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, September 22, 2005]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/16940.html

With director Shankar busy penning the script and screenplay for his dream venture Sivaji starring Rajinikanth, speculation are rife about the actress who will play Rajinikanth's ladylove in the movie.

The likes of Aishwarya Rai, Amisha Patel, Ayesha Takia, Nayantra are doing the rounds. Rumors are also a buzz that actress Trisha might play the role.

When asked, an enthusiastic Trisha says, 'I am a great fan of Rajinikanth. I grew up watching his movies. I liked all his films and enjoyed watching it with whole family.' Trisha says, 'all actresses would love to act opposite Rajnikanth. I am no exception to it. There is no question of age in the film'.

She is currently busy acting in a couple of Telugu movies besides Aaru opposite Surya, Something Something with Jeyam Ravi and Vijay starrer Aadhi.

Meanwhile, Aishwarya Rai, who was tried to be cast in many Rajini films before, is faced with date problems. This time around the actress has been through the good offices of Shankar. Aishwarya has already worked with Shankar in Jeans. So they share a mutual respect.

TISK
23rd September 2005, 07:46 PM
'yaar andha vaNNakkiLi?'

The same news in Tamizh!
Thamizh vaazhga!
hi hi hi hi! :D :D :D

http://tamil.sify.com/fullstory.php?id=13947385

balaji
23rd September 2005, 09:22 PM
New rumor: Is YSR being roped in for Shivaji?

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/yuvan_sep2305.php

Bala

Sanjeevi
23rd September 2005, 09:56 PM

Bala

Really?

I think Shankar like to make combo with YSR. :thumbsup:

Jacky
23rd September 2005, 10:00 PM
Get ready for Pothuvaga en manasu thangam Remix as Rajni's intro song :lol: :lol: :lol:

interz
23rd September 2005, 10:38 PM
YSR is suitable for background score , dont think he should compose the songs, i wouldnt mind if it was Harris Jeyaraj or A R Rahman who got the chance.

TISK
24th September 2005, 01:16 AM
Coming back to the heroine topic, my vote is for NT!

After all, why break a winning combination?

She actually looked a fitting partner for S*!

:idea:

popeye11
25th September 2005, 12:02 AM
balaji wrote:

Bala

This is awesome, YSR will certainly do the best...

m_23_bayarea
25th September 2005, 01:07 AM
Sorry it's decided already to be ARR....Cut all the rumors out plss !!

A.ANAND
25th September 2005, 02:12 AM
arr said in interview for singapore dailynews he composing
for 'shivaji'jillenru oru kadal''puli'.ennum nammba mudiyalanna please visit arryahoogroups...andra kaara nalla kollapi vechuda unggala....

rsubras
25th September 2005, 05:58 PM
thalaivare sollitaaru pa....... this is an interview to a singapore tamil daily (tamil murasu) (the one anand and the yahoo groups are talking about)

‘ரசிகர்களின் விருப்பத்தை இவ்வாண்டு நிறைவேற்றுவேன்’: ஏர்.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்

உலகின் பல நாடுகளிலும் இசை நிகழ்ச்சிகளை நடத்தி உலகப் பயணம் மேற்கொண்டு வரும் ரஹ்மான், “சிங்கப்பூர் என்றால் என்னைப் பொருத்த வரையில் எப்போதும் தனியிடம் தான்” என்றார்.

“இசைப் பயணத்தை தொடங்க வைத்த என் முதல் இசைக் கருவி முதல் இன்று வரை அனைத்து இசைக் கருவி களுமே சிங்கப்பூரிலிருந்து வாங்கியவை தான். அதனால்தான் அந்த தனியிடம்” என்றார்.

உலக அளவில் இசைப் பணியை மேற்கொண்டு இசைப் பிரியர்களின் ஒட்டுமொத்த கவனத்தையும் கவர்ந்திருக்கும் இசைப் புயல் இந்த ஆண்டு இந்திய ரசிகர்களின் விருப்பங்களை முழு மூச்சாக நிறைவேற்றப்போகிறார்.

“இந்த ஆண்டு நிறைய தமிழ், ஹிந்தி திரைப் படங்களுக்கு இசை யமைக்கிறேன்.

“தமிழில் காட்}பாதர், சிவாஜி, ஜில்லென ஒரு காதல், புலி என்று வரிசையாகப் படங்கள் காத்தி ருக்கின்றன. அதனால் நிறைய படங்கள் வருவதில்லையே என்று ரசிகர்கள் குறை சொல்ல முடியாது” என்றார் சிரித்துக் கொண்டே.

உலக இசைப் பயணத்தை தொடங்கி லண்டனிலும் ஆஸ்திரேலியாவில் மெல்பர்ன், சிட்னி என தொடர்ந்து, ஐந்தாவது நிகழ்ச்சியாக இன்று சிங்கப்பூரில் மாபெரும் இசை விருந்து படைக்கிறார்.

சிங்கப்பூர் ரசிகர்களுக்கு என் இசை புதிதில்லை என்றாலும் நேரிடையாக இன்றுதான் முதல்முறையாக சந்திக்கி றோம், சிறப்பாக அமையும் என்று உறுதியாகக் கூறினார்.

ரோஜாவில் தொடங்கி அண்மையில் வெளிவந்திருக்கும் அன்பே ஆரூயிரே வரை ஏராளமான இனிமையான பாடல்களுக்குச் சொந்தக்காரர் ரஹ்மான். தமிழ்த் திரையிசை மட்டுமல்ல, ஹிந்தி திரையுலகிலும் இசையமைத்து பெரும் புகழ் சேர்த்திருப்பவர். இவர் இசையமைக்கும் பாடல் களில் பாடல் வரிகளைக் கேட்க முடிய வில்லை, இசையே பிரதானமாக இருக்கிறது என்று குறை கூறுபவர்கள் ஒருபக்கம் இருந் தாலும் இந்திய இசை வரலாற்றில் அழுத்தந்திருத்தமாகப் பெயர் பதித்திருக்கிறார் ரஹ்மான் என் பதை யாருமே மறுக்க முடியாது. தமிழனாக, இந்தியனாகத் தலை நிமிரச் செய்திருப்பவர்.

உங்கள் வாழ்க்கையில் சாதிக்க நினைக்கும் கனவு என்ன என்ற தற்கு “கனவா? இரவில் படுத்தால் வருகிறது, பகலில் துìங்கினால் வருவதில்லை” என்று சிரித்துக் கொண்டே ஒத்திகைக்கு கிளம்பி னார் ரஹ்மான். -லதா பாலகிருஷ்ணன் நிஜாம் ஏ ஹாஜா

if you cant read the tamil text above, here is what rahman said ...

only the lines in bold

Tamizhil GodFather, Puli, Sivaji ena pala padangal kaathirukkindrana..adhanal rasigargal niraya padam varuvathillaiye endru kurai solla mudiyaathu endrar sirithu konde
[/tscii:8588bb25f1]

TISK
25th September 2005, 07:17 PM
More news on how and why ICE will not be able to make it to be the heroine for this movie.
Read in today's 'www.Dinamalar.com'!
It will be NT, for all practical reasons!

Jacky
25th September 2005, 07:36 PM
the only practical reason is she doesn't want to do this. she refused baba, Jaggubhai. I don't know why Rajni camp is hellbent in approaching her everytime despite denials!

TISK
25th September 2005, 10:37 PM
:P :oops: 'jacky', sir,
pOi nimmadhiyaa thuungunga!
YEDHAVADHU WRONG-AA SOLLAnUMNe ORU KUUTAAM ALAIYUDHAPPAA!
No one can diminish S*'s popularity, however they may wish ......desperately!

Jacky
26th September 2005, 12:22 AM
TISK sir,
Unmai sudutha?
Nan Rajni camp nu thaney sonnen, Rajni Sir nu mattum sollaliye! It could be anyone from his side.
Nenga romba Nallavaru, nenga poi oru Rajni front bench fan mari reaction kudukaringaley? :lol:

m_23_bayarea
26th September 2005, 04:48 AM
TISK sir,
Unmai sudutha?
Nan Rajni camp nu thaney sonnen, Rajni Sir nu mattum sollaliye! It could be anyone from his side.
Nenga romba Nallavaru, nenga poi oru Rajni front bench fan mari reaction kudukaringaley? :lol:

Dude, you can't really say something fuelling, and then categorize ppl who react and call them front benchers. Cut your statement abt Rajini (or his camp) constantly after Ash first, and then call front bencher or A-class fan or whatever....

Jacky
26th September 2005, 12:24 PM
i didn't say anything fuelling. It was a plain fact to which TISK remarked in personal levels. Read his last two lines.

rajdes
26th September 2005, 04:04 PM
TISK,
Dont you think that, for a Rajni fan, it must be annoying to see him approaching Aishwarya every time and getting rejected(for whatever reasons)? Once okay, twice? maybe coincidence. Third time? Why does he need to approach her? After all, isnt he the king of the south, with thousands at his beck and call? Shouldnt he have pooh-pooh-ed her after the first reject itself?

Does it befit his stature to repeatedly get snubbed by, for all her merits, a mere beauty queen?

BTW, I am not a Rajni fan so it is merely amusing to see the so-called SuperStar losing face over a mere heroine - and . Repeatedly,at that. No, I am not out to defame Rajni. I am neither amused nor enthralled nor sad to see him snubbed like this. If I were his fan, though, I would be mighty irritated at this masochistic kind of action from the so-called Rajni camp.

stranger
26th September 2005, 08:17 PM
* the only practical reason is she doesn't want to do this. she refused baba, Jaggubhai.

She turned down Jakkubhai????!!! :shock:

Really!!! :shock:

How did you know that, anyway?

* I don't know why Rajni camp is hellbent in approaching her everytime despite denials!

What does "rajni camp" mean? :?

Are they hired by AVM ? :?

Jacky
26th September 2005, 08:48 PM
[tscii:63fbd48b94]How did you know that, anyway?
It was there in almost every movie website.

Are they hired by AVM ?
If I ever get a chance to talk to Rajni, I’ll ask him this question. :wink: [/tscii:63fbd48b94]

stranger
26th September 2005, 08:52 PM
[tscii:b85612e005]How did you know that, anyway?
It was there in almost every movie website.

Seems like "TRUE BELIEVER" of all the "web crap"! :notworthy:

Sure, that will make you "highly knowledgeable dude" in the universe! :thumbsup:

Are they hired by AVM ?
If I ever get a chance to talk to Rajni, I’ll ask him this question. :wink: [/tscii:b85612e005]

Keep your fingers crossed!

manamirunthaal maarkkam uNdaam! 8)

I wish you all the best! :)

Jacky
26th September 2005, 09:11 PM
Seems like "TRUE BELIEVER" of all the "web crap"!

Ok but you seem like a true believer of only good things can happen to Rajni!

Sure, that will make you "highly knowledgeable dude" in the universe!

I don't think so, it has taken me only to a level that i don't ask fellow Dfers Naive questions. :lol:

[/i]

stranger
27th September 2005, 03:33 AM
Check this out! :)

Shivaji Starcast:
Rajni Kanth

Director: Shankar
Music: A. R. Rahman
Language: Tamil
Total Reviews: 1

Media Reports:
The new film, titled Sivaji is to be made at a budget of around Rs 50 crore, but like his other films Shankar is never c read full report

http://www.sulekha.com/movies/moviehomepage.aspx?cid=306528

dinesh2002
27th September 2005, 03:37 PM
hi guys...i saw in sify that Shankar & ARR went to australia for composing the tunes...is that true???

rsubras
27th September 2005, 03:54 PM
vaa dineshu vaa, ivlo naal enga poirunthe? u in singapore only rite....... why didnt u attend our boss's live concert?

didnt u check out in tamil murasu (singapore tamil daily) ARR himself has confirmed that he is doing sivaji, puli, jil endru oru kaathal and couple of other projects in tamil

dinesh2002
27th September 2005, 05:56 PM
vaa dineshu vaa, ivlo naal enga poirunthe? u in singapore only rite....... why didnt u attend our boss's live concert?

didnt u check out in tamil murasu (singapore tamil daily) ARR himself has confirmed that he is doing sivaji, puli, jil endru oru kaathal and couple of other projects in tamil

really???its confirmed by ARR???? sorry yaar...was busy with studies... :(..... no pa..me in malaysia...how was the show guys????? i know i missed allot!!! :shock:

united07
27th September 2005, 06:55 PM
dinesh dun worry buddy,
u didn't miss a lot of stuffs

YOU JUST MISSED YOUR LIFE!....
THE SHOW LEFT A LASTING IMPRESSION ON EVERYONE!....

m_23_bayarea
3rd October 2005, 11:31 PM
Friday, September 30, 2005

http://rajinifans.com/showurl.asp?url=http://sivajimovie.blogspot.com/2005/09/sivaji-cameraman-confirmed.html

Sivaji Cameraman Confirmed!
Friends,

It is confirmed that KV Anand is roped in for handling Camera in
Sivaji. KV Anand...do u know him? Some of u may not i think...although you might be familiar with the name...u need to know films he handled... Remember Superhit Mudhalvan? He is the cameraman for that. And remember Kana Kandaen? recent Srikanth, Gopika starrer...He is the director of that movie. I think a good selection.

There is an interesting news behind this.

Superstar like ever before have given 210 days callsheet for Sivaji,
since the script and story requires that much. Everybody associated
with Sivaji is particular abt one thing: It should be a trend-setter
in all manners. 1)Acting 2)Collection 3)Dialogues 4) Technical
Excellence 5)Location 6)Settings and 7)Lighting

So, Shankar after serious consideration has roped in KV Anand, who is very happy to work with Superstar and Shankar. Also, he is instructed to shelve any other projects if there...for one year...So, he is advised to think only about Sivaji for this one year. So, he has dropped other ideas and projects for this full year and going to work for sivaji with dedication.

Congrats K V Anand Sir...

And then, some other cameramen were wiped out of the list since, they are very busy with other projects and also, the Sivaji team can't keep them more than 4 - 6 months. (A usual time for a tamil movie)Considering all these and also a hassle free, excellent camera man KV Annand has been shortlisted.

Sundar
www.rajinifans.com

svaisn
4th October 2005, 08:38 AM
when are we gonna get this sort of confirmation for the MD :roll:

app_engine
4th October 2005, 09:42 PM
http://216.65.197.170/reporter/061005/pg6.php
Condition of 'ex-AsthAna producer' of Shankar...

Hope AVM house acts shrewd...

dinesh2002
4th October 2005, 10:49 PM
what happened??????????? :shock:

app_engine
4th October 2005, 11:31 PM
dinesh, the clipping talks about the bankrupt status of KT Kunjumon (producer of gentleman, kAdhalan etc.) Can't even pay his subscription for the association of movie producers...

This is the second case after another big budget producer GV getting bankrupt finally killing himself...(MR's brother)...

All write `big-hit', `bayangara vasool' etc, but the bottom line is red for producer...varavu ettaNA selavu paththaNA kadhai...

svaisn
5th October 2005, 08:34 AM
dinesh, the clipping talks about the bankrupt status of KT Kunjumon (producer of gentleman, kAdhalan etc.) Can't even pay his subscription for the association of movie producers...

This is the second case after another big budget producer GV getting bankrupt finally killing himself...(MR's brother)...

All write `big-hit', `bayangara vasool' etc, but the bottom line is red for producer...varavu ettaNA selavu paththaNA kadhai...

But This fellow was bankrupt because of Ratchagan and Kootesswaran....

united07
5th October 2005, 09:39 AM
Yea it was ratchagan than 'bondied' KTK.....
that helicopter, trailers, cars pused into the sea, the bulding, and being directed by moronic director like PravinKanth...what do you expect?????

Shankar
5th October 2005, 09:44 AM
That fool pravin kanth came on K TV's "thirai chirpigaL" and said Sushmita sen didn't have the screen presence of Ash and Nag being a gult actor made ppl think it was dubbed movie, and hence it flopped !! He also shamelessly claimed that his direction was praised by ppl like arr, vm and others. Interestingly, the people assisting him in this movie were A R Murugadas and sjs :-)

Cinefan
5th October 2005, 11:27 AM
That fool pravin kanth came on K TV's "thirai chirpigaL" and said Sushmita sen didn't have the screen presence of Ash and Nag being a gult actor made ppl think it was dubbed movie, and hence it flopped !! He also shamelessly claimed that his direction was praised by ppl like arr, vm and others. Interestingly, the people assisting him in this movie were A R Murugadas and sjs :-)

Why the hell did he opt for Nag in that case that too having someone else dub for him?

It was a bad film.His next 'Star'with Prashant&Jyothika was even worse&his third 'thullal'with himself in the lead is lying in the cans for more than a year now.

Murugadas&sjs were his assistants :shock: .

ARM has done well for himself but if SJS continues acting,he will also be seen on 'Thirai chirpigal'very soon finding scape goats for his failure.

Oh!God,I just can't stand SJS.Have not/intend to seen/see A...Ah but if the clippings are anything to go by,he requires a hard slap.
BTW,what's that thing about ARR's music for that film,none of the songs have made an impression on me.'Ghazini'by HJ is far far better.

united07
5th October 2005, 11:44 AM
Cinefan...you missed the masterpiece Jodi from PK....

His direction in Ratchagan was excellent ....
how on earth can a director think about these scenes
1) A normal guy pushing a trailer full of cars into the sea from a cliff with his bare hand!
2) Hero races with a fire!
3) Heroine captures hero in her eyes! (wow....masterpiece)
4) etc etc (almost 90% of the movies shows his excellent directorial skills)....!

as for Ah.Aah......SJS...is nothing but a SISSY GUY!..he looks more like a gay! at least in New...his stupid girlishness was accomodating his kid-turned-man logic....but when u get to see him for too long in Ah..Aah....u r done with him!...i'm seriously not looking forward to his Kalvanin Kathali now!...

Sanjeevi
5th October 2005, 12:03 PM
Cinefan...you missed the masterpiece Jodi from PK....

His direction in Ratchagan was excellent ....
how on earth can a director think about these scenes
1) A normal guy pushing a trailer full of cars into the sea from a cliff with his bare hand!
2) Hero races with a fire!
3) Heroine captures hero in her eyes! (wow....masterpiece)
4) etc etc (almost 90% of the movies shows his excellent directorial skills)....!

as for Ah.Aah......SJS...is nothing but a SISSY GUY!..he looks more like a gay! at least in New...his stupid girlishness was accomodating his kid-turned-man logic....but when u get to see him for too long in Ah..Aah....u r done with him!...i'm seriously not looking forward to his Kalvanin Kathali now!...

PK should be placed at top 5 worst directors of current tamil cine field.

Jodi is his masterpiece? :banghead:.

Jodi, PKP and another one film have same story lifted from an english movie

dinesh2002
5th October 2005, 12:35 PM
incase the things they r discussing about Shivaji now happens....it would be something like this! i know this poster looks like rubbish :lol: ,but just to make our eyes get a glimpse of this project !
:wink:
http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shivaji1uk.jpg

dinesh2002
5th October 2005, 12:47 PM

Why the hell did he opt for Nag in that case that too having someone else dub for him?

It was a bad film.His next 'Star'with Prashant&Jyothika was even worse&his third 'thullal'with himself in the lead is lying in the cans for more than a year now.

Murugadas&sjs were his assistants :shock: .

ARM has done well for himself but if SJS continues acting,he will also be seen on 'Thirai chirpigal'very soon finding scape goats for his failure.

Oh!God,I just can't stand SJS.Have not/intend to seen/see A...Ah but if the clippings are anything to go by,he requires a hard slap.
BTW,what's that thing about ARR's music for that film,none of the songs have made an impression on me.'Ghazini'by HJ is far far better.

we cant do anything if u dun get any impact by listenin to Ah Aah songs...coz the songs have became no 1 for very long online & Maylirage has got everyone's attention from youngesters to oldies...as for me Ghazhini songs r tuneless!!!!! i dunno which song in that movie has tune,unless ur speaking about 1 song in that album which is a modern version of Andangkaka - Anniyan...then it has 'tune'..Thottie Jeya atleast had good tunes in them eventhough its a masala kinda songs....well ,people's taste r never alike rite! i realise that Suntv loves Hj allot untill both the audio countdown have Anniyan no 1,and Ghazhini no 2 while Ah Aah is no 4...whereelse online & radio fms Maylirage stands no 1!

i think SJS is a good dir if he doesnt act,just watch Vaali & Kushi,it had class when u watch it,with good settings which looks expensive,in New & Ah Aah both had the cheap settings with the wall having flat colour painted on it !it just hurt the eyes & picturisation in both movie r total waste with 100% unrealistic places & clothes...it reminds me of 1980's picturisation.....untill he DIRECTS ( AND NOT ACT) in other Production (like Vaali,Kushi),SJS enters the top 5 best dir in tN!

united07
5th October 2005, 01:48 PM
SJS top 5 dir?.....NO way!

1) Maniratnam - for the way he handles the whole movie
2) Cheran - for achieving what the veterans have been achieving, in such a early years...and his wonderful selection of stories
3) BR - for his potrayal of various emotions on screen (latest example will be that Prabhu, Radhika and Sivaji movie with VS music)
4) KB - for his novelty in handling sensitive issues delicately (even PP for a reason)
5) Bala - the exquisite details he gives to his characters....
6) Selvaraghavan - wonderful direction in ensuring the viewers are glued to the movie till then end...with touch of art in every scene.
7) Amir - 2 movies is enough to talk about his class
8) Kamal - although he is not a fulltime director yet...but his directorial ventures are a mile stone in film industry. The lighting continuity in Hey Ram was something tamil cinema have never seen before that.

That's the top 8 of TF Industry!...
SJS probably it top 25......that i can agree...not top 5!....deftly no!

rsubras
5th October 2005, 02:57 PM
>>SJS probably it top 25......that i can agree...not top 5!....deftly no!

dinesh was probably referring to commercial success which only 2 / 8 directors you have mentioned can guarantee (selva and bala)

Ratchagan was a nice movie but was overkilled by the huge budget imho.......

it had shades of brilliance of the director, the plot was excellent (probably a hollywood lift) and absolutely logical...... for the first time i guess, we had a brainy villain who is very smart and a foolish hero who knows nothing other than to fight.........

jodi was a lift..so no comments there..again it had its moments of brilliance....

even in star, the story was o.k again the director killed his story himself...........

he has talent no doubt, but he also has the capacity to destory it himself.......

Sanjeevi
5th October 2005, 03:56 PM
Some ARR fans treat some worst movies as good movies because of only ARR did the music. And also overrate some directors.

parithabam parithabam :lol:

dinesh2002
5th October 2005, 03:59 PM
>>SJS probably it top 25......that i can agree...not top 5!....deftly no!

dinesh was probably referring to commercial success which only 2 / 8 directors you have mentioned can guarantee (selva and bala)

Ratchagan was a nice movie but was overkilled by the huge budget imho.......

it had shades of brilliance of the director, the plot was excellent (probably a hollywood lift) and absolutely logical...... for the first time i guess, we had a brainy villain who is very smart and a foolish hero who knows nothing other than to fight.........

jodi was a lift..so no comments there..again it had its moments of brilliance....

even in star, the story was o.k again the director killed his story himself...........

he has talent no doubt, but he also has the capacity to destory it himself.......

i agree with rsubras with his message above 100% he just spoke my mind out!! :D :D :D exactly what i was thinking about Pravinkanth !!

ps: United,where is Shankar in ur list??? :wink:

united07
5th October 2005, 04:15 PM
Yea....I missed out Shankar probably...he should be in 9 place...

he is simple budget-blower director....

Puthumai Pitthan = Muthalvan (story wise).....
15 Puthumai Pitthan = 1 Muthalvan (budget wise)!!!

:)

Cinefan
5th October 2005, 04:52 PM
rs,
I can't believe you have actually nice things to say about Pravinkanth. :shock:

united,
Yes,I missed 'Jodi' but I like ARR's music for that one.

Dinesh,
Tastes are indeed different.I am no ARR-hater but didn't like A....Ah's songs one bit.

dinesh2002
5th October 2005, 07:30 PM
[tscii:9d489b11ad]Discussion on in right earnest for Sivaji
October 5, 2005

Sivaji has created great expectations in Kollywood. Shankar is keen that the film should not reflect any traces of the formula of Rajini films.

Hence he is camping in Hyderabad studying all of Rajini’s films to ascertain the style, mannerisms and dialogues. He has instructed his assistants to prepare reports based on these. He calls up Rajini everyday to brief him on the developments. The superstar gives some useful suggestions.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News32/5-10-05/tamil-movies-news-sivaji.html[/tscii:9d489b11ad]

Kumanan
6th October 2005, 07:20 AM
Puthumai Pitthan = Muthalvan (story wise).....
15 Puthumai Pitthan = 1 Muthalvan (budget wise)!!!

I might get beaten up for saying this but.....

15 Puthumai Pitthan = 1 Muthalvan (budget wise)
1 MUTHALVAN > 15 Puthumai Pithan (Revenue Vise - Audio+DVD+Foreign+Local etc... it sure did way well than PP)

Shankar and his producers are not that much of an Illichavayans as lot of ppl here are trying to prove!

If it wasn't such a money maker, Ratnam wouldn't have ventured in Nayak(Which was a flop)

MADDY
6th October 2005, 09:21 AM
"Some ARR fans treat some worst movies as good movies because of only ARR did the music. And also overrate some directors.

parithabam parithabam :D "

just like IR fans overrate Kamal hassan.....

guys tell me whether the "Murungakkai" jokes of bagyaraj, "velaikari" jokes of pandiarajan, "pissing" scene jokes of kamal, "sex" jokes of manmadha leelai(KB), and bold song picturisation of MR are better than SJS's double meaning jokes????? i think u guys are being over-critical abt SJS with prejudice......i think the main reason for his hatred wud be that he has been constantly reviving a greying-dull ARRahman...ahahhahhhha

dinesh2002
6th October 2005, 10:02 AM
For me..according to best dir is

1.Mani Ratnam
2.Shankar
3.Selvaragavan
4.Bala
5.Ameer

shankar is def getting the second position coz all his movie's stories r fresh and has treat for eyes....EVERY movie except Anniyan,Anniyan story is just a modified version of Indian,but the picturisation was def a treat for eyes eventhough u might say " i have seen this somewhere"!lets see what he has stored for us in Shivaji!

Shankar
6th October 2005, 10:18 AM
Maddy,
you keep proving that you are mindless supporter of whoever uses arr...there are 1000s of Kamal fans who don't like Raja...You always amuse me with your outright crazy comparisons, which include kamal-srk, kamal-sjs (australia-bangladesh, australia-zimbabwe cricket teams)

Sanjeevi
6th October 2005, 10:39 AM
MADDY and Alais who did a stupid post in "IR on TV" thread

what a stupid mentality you have.

you are seeing a small stone as a big rock with ARR glass
you are seeing a mountain (kamal) as a stone

Kumanan
6th October 2005, 11:28 AM

Sanjeevi, it is really hard to belive that you are a Senior Programmer(from your profile)! When I read your post this guy from Simpsons come to my mind.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/C-barney.gif

please take it with some sense of humour!

MADDY
6th October 2005, 11:49 AM
>>>>>Maddy,
you keep proving that you are mindless supporter of whoever uses arr...there are 1000s of Kamal fans who don't like Raja...You always amuse me with your outright crazy comparisons, which include kamal-srk, kamal-sjs (australia-bangladesh, australia-zimbabwe cricket teams)>>>>>>

shankar i think u better stop reviewing my comparison skills and likes/dislikes.....pls stick to the topic.....i hate kamal even if ARR joins hands with him tommorow then i'll hate ARR too.....FYI, i like SJS from valee days.....i like him b4 he worked with ARR......and obviuosly i'm really happy that he is extending ARR's stay in TFM.....i got bashed by my own ARR-fans for saying this, but it is the truth, SJS is keeping ARR alive here....

snjeevi, i had made that post in "IR on TV" thread.....if u guys had some decency to keep out of ARR's threads , then there was no reason for me to enter IR's threads......the day u guys post healthy msgs on ARR's threads, i'll stop coming to IR's threads......

kumanan, dunt get surprised, many ppl. posting here are from very good posts and companies......they r all pseudo-intellects.....

rajdes
6th October 2005, 12:09 PM
maddy, don't you think it is ridiculous to say that SJS is keeping ARR floating, even to buttress your argument? No wonder ARR fans pounced on you. C'mon, give ARR more credit than that. ARR has proved himself (recently) in movies like KKS, Swades,(which incidentally is my favourite album from him - I like every song in the movie including the baba rehash) and BOSE. He doesnt need a SJS to keep his fire burning.

If anything, ARR's name is unnecessarily giving a level of legitimacy to SJS' otherwise crap movies like NEW and the latest Whatsitsname.If saying this makes me a pseudo-intellectual, so be it :-)

ARR has already worked for Kamal in Tenali. So will you start hating ARR now? I dont think so. Stop and think about it - Emotional statements like that are the reason people find you a sitting duck here. You remind me of Rajiv Gandhi, who, in an effort to win immediate arguments used to make some bizarre statements like " Why dont you grow red chillies?" to a farmer who complained of falling prices of green chillies - just to prove that he is more intelligent, he said something which had the opposite effect.

BTW, there will be a 1000 people who keep hating ARR, or for that matter, Abdul Kalam and Einstein as well. If your life's mission is to prevent them from butting in your discussions, you will spend a lifetime on that :-). If my mission is to merely intrude in your discussion and throw mud on ARR, I would hardly swayed by your reverse-insults on IR.
But, yeah, you will evolve. Thats what this DF does to people. I can foresee a chastened Maddy advising a Paddy in 2009 in this same forum about the futility of looking at this discussion forum as a battlefield to be won:-)

Scale
6th October 2005, 12:11 PM

Sanjeevi, it is really hard to belive that you are a Senior Programmer(from your profile)! When I read your post this guy from Simpsons come to my mind.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/C-barney.gif

:lol: yeah sense of humour.

btw, where is nattamai? (kushboo case handle panna poittara) :lol: ...

Sanjeevi
6th October 2005, 12:39 PM
mmm... personal attach on me.

Sanjeevi, it is really hard to belive that you are a Senior Programmer

Then you thought what?
it is enough for your acceptance on my previous post :rotfl:

You think either overrate or underrate. ullathu ullapadi parka ungalakku theriyathu.

it is hard to beat the humour available from here :lol:

dunt get surprised, many ppl. posting here are from very good posts and companies......they r all pseudo-intellects

ye, Being intellectual is boring. sometimes... :lol:

but acting as pseudo-intellects is mega intellectual. :lol: [/quote]

Shankar
6th October 2005, 02:42 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>
shankar i think u better stop reviewing my comparison skills and likes/dislikes.....pls stick to the topic....
<<<<<<<<<<

How was ur comment on Raja fans and kamal relevant to this topic ?? As long as you keep harping about these issues, I too would give it back.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
and obviuosly i'm really happy that he is extending ARR's stay in TFM.....i got bashed by my own ARR-fans for saying this, but it is the truth, SJS is keeping ARR alive here....
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Arr isn't dependent on anybody to stay afloat in TFM. He is respected here by many, and he doesn't need a non-entity like sjs to keep him in the market.

Sanjeevi
6th October 2005, 04:36 PM
Well said Shankar

baba88
6th October 2005, 05:20 PM
[tscii:7209114f03]As is the usual scenario, Rajini’s Sivaji is creating great hype about several aspects. While some sections are busy speculating on the story, others are playing the guessing game about the heroines and other members of the cast. While Aishwarya Rai had been tentatively declared

including Rajini himself, there were other names floating around like Ayesha Takia, Trisha etc. The latest to join the list is Kareena Kapoor. A.R. Rahman has been announced as the music director. Rajinikanth is however more concerned about the story and has suggested that all other announcements can be made once the script is finalized. [/tscii:7209114f03]

alias
6th October 2005, 11:19 PM
Sanjeevi, Yes for you every truth told about IR is a stupid post and every critizism of ARR is a intellectual post :lol:

If you stop your nonsense post about ARR then we will stop posting it on IR forum. Period.

And well said Kumanan.

dinesh2002
7th October 2005, 04:45 PM
[tscii:4dde33b1c3]We can get to hear A R Rahman again in Tamil
October 7, 2005

A R Rahman had become too busy in Hindi and international films and we could not hear his scintillating music. After the flop of Baba, he sort of went into a shell. Now, he is back with a bang

with S.J. Surya’s Anbe Aruyire. After the good response to the film’s music, Rahman has taken a short vacation. His next project will be Jillendru oru kadhal. He will also be working on a new film yet-to-be-titled. Having been made the high-profile music director of Sivaji, he will also be tuning in for that film.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News32/7-10-05/tamil-movies-news-arrahman.html

[/tscii:4dde33b1c3]

Sanjeevi
7th October 2005, 05:58 PM
Sanjeevi, Yes for you every truth told about IR is a stupid post and every critizism of ARR is a intellectual post :lol:

If you stop your nonsense post about ARR then we will stop posting it on IR forum. Period.

Again and again you overrate or underrate. Oh, it is very difficult to you to consider 1 as one and 2 as two.

What's wrong with you?

and what is this? "nee kinathula kuthicha naan kuthipen nee kuthikalaina naan matten". What type of mentality you have?

I did not post anything as nonsense and i wont.
But you cant because you are a person having mentality as said above and some HCIRF may critisize ARR.

------

Seikiram ARR thanu announce bannugapa. ARR fans ellam thaviyo thavinu thavichukittu irukkanga. ayyo pavam. :rotfl:

dinesh2002
8th October 2005, 11:03 AM

Again and again you overrate or underrate. Oh, it is very difficult to you to consider 1 as one and 2 as two.

What's wrong with you?

and what is this? "nee kinathula kuthicha naan kuthipen nee kuthikalaina naan matten". What type of mentality you have?

I did not post anything as nonsense and i wont.
But you cant because you are a person having mentality as said above and some HCIRF may critisize ARR.

------

Seikiram ARR thanu announce bannugapa. ARR fans ellam thaviyo thavinu thavichukittu irukkanga. ayyo pavam. :rotfl:

machan,it is by ARRahman,naange thavichithe oru pakkam irukuttum, ippe HJ fans ellam vaire yeriyume :P...to cover up, Hj messaged saying that Shankar was after him to compose songs for Shivaji,but he didnt accpet yet itseems,he is not sure... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: some1 gave me the link to the Hj group message yesterday,i saw it..ARR & Shankar was in Aus few weeks back to get the moods for the songs but Hj is claiming like this now :P... paavam.... 8-)

TISK
8th October 2005, 09:10 PM
[tscii:3685ab23a7] Moviebuzz

Can Rajni& Shankar click as a team?

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 08 October , 2005, 12:28

Is it possible for superstar Rajnikanth and mega director Shankar to work together and create a super hit with Sivaji?
Rajni and Shankar are as different as cheese and chalk, with both having king-sized ego and have totally different style of making commercial films. Trade pundits feel that they have come together more out of doing big business than anything else.

Let us take their approach in making commercial mass masala movies? Rajnikanth lives, eats and sleeps only on his screen image. He believes that his films run, as they cater to the needs and desires of his fans which mean that he is unwilling to experiment. He will not move an inch from his magic formula which worked wonders for his career from the 80’s.

Rajni depends mainly on gimmicks, a sentimental family action mass masala story with a larger-than-life-image, punch line dialogues, clichéd way of song picturisation, unbelievable stunts to establish his super hero image. And off late a strong lady character whom he tames seen in film like Padayappa, Chandramukhi . But he hardly bothers about the technical finesse of the film.

Rajni will not allow his directors to tinker with his image and he has the final word on everything regarding the movie. This arrangement has worked perfectly well for him. So why should he change it now? Remember that the climax of Aapthamitra was changed to give more heroism to the Dr Saravanan (Rajni) character in Chandramukhi!

Rajnikanth understands the pulse of the audience more than any other star in Tamil. He knows that a film will work only on his image with a certain kind of packaging which gives him a lot of confidence and total authority over his projects. In the last 10 years, he has only worked with directors who are pliable and are willing to take his suggestions as the final authority.

And now Rajni meets his match in Shankar who is from a different school of film making with an entirely different viewpoint about how a film should be made, packaged and served to today’s audience. Shankar is also rigid in his likes and dislikes about how a film should shape out, which has worked wonders for him and the nine films that he has directed. …… to be continued

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.
[/tscii:3685ab23a7]

A.ANAND
9th October 2005, 04:52 PM
ethukkuperuthan vaitherical sollarathu.

buvana
10th October 2005, 09:25 AM
No Dinesh, It is like this.. Before official annoucement /selectionof MD, it was either HJ or ARR, one of the two was acceptable to all three (shankar rajni AVM).. but bcoz of hj shankar closeness, hj was approached but he refused stating that the long project duration of Anniyan made him to postpone the duedates of other projs like TJ and Ghajini and hence he gave up Sivaji...

dinesh2002
10th October 2005, 12:12 PM
No Dinesh, It is like this.. Before official annoucement /selectionof MD, it was either HJ or ARR, one of the two was acceptable to all three (shankar rajni AVM).. but bcoz of hj shankar closeness, hj was approached but he refused stating that the long project duration of Anniyan made him to postpone the duedates of other projs like TJ and Ghajini and hence he gave up Sivaji...

1 year closeness of HJ shankar is more stronger than ARR-shankar closeness (12 years)?? 8-) , which md would decline an offer from Shankar....yaarukku kathukku poo sutturaringe hj?? :roll: when he can claim he worked with ARR for 7 years,this is nothing big for him ! 8-) if u didint know this,when Anniyan audio released and sunk without trace,shankar quickly patch things up with ARR,coz this is the 1st time in Shankar's history,the movie gave life for the songs! its alwiz songs that gives the movie a huge expectation and creates double hype...i think u should be aware of this becoz u were around here that time! Boys audio did its job,becoming super duper hit & created hype for the movie,but too bad movie didint match the hype it created (technical wise,etc etc),but Boys songs r still beeing requested now among the 2003 releases,i hardly hear Kaake kaake (remember it won filmfare award beating boys) or Manmadha Raasa - TT,this situation was told by simbhu in manmadhan ( it doesnt matter u won ,but the response from the makkals r the REAL winning prize!)and its Hj's biggest mistake to let Shankar join ARR back,coz u know what will happen ! :wink:

anywayz,dun take things too serious,enjoy ur hj songs & we ARR fans would enjoy arr songs....

dinesh2002
10th October 2005, 04:22 PM
Sherya is also in the list??

Sunday, October 09, 2005

what we heard and collected....
1) Sivaji pooja is on Wednesday - 12 th October

2) Camera is by KV Anand

3) There are two heroines - One is Aishwarya Rai or Ayesha Takia and
another one is Shreya of 'Mazhai.' Personally i feel Shreya is the
right choice. Those who have have different opinion abt Shreya, i
request them to watch 'Mazhai.' I haven't seen it. But i happened to
see lot of pictures of Shreya. She is so cute and will really match
thalaivar very well. Ok...want to know the history 'How Shriya came
into Sivaji?" Look at the end...

4) Many heroines are fighting for role. Not for heroine role. It's
for mother role. Do you want to know the competitors' names?
Ya...Ambika, Jayabharathi, Jyothi, Sujatha, Sathyapriya, Sheela,
Koothupattarai Kalai Rani, and some unknown artistes....i don't know
who is going to have that golden chance...

5) Regarding comedian...it has been already chosen....but the name is kept so secret...I am trying to trace him....I think thalaivar will also handle comedy in Sivaji....

6) And regarding appearance and get-up of thalaivar, Shankar is going to show thalaivar like never before. So,he has given assignments to his assistants to watch all Superstar's movies. Shankar has planned to show thalaivar in a trendy-modern-new look. Special care will be taken in ligting and make-up which associates with Superstar.

7) Lyricists, like CM all will be given chance. And this time,
Vairamuthu won't miss the flight.

8) few days before Thalaivar met Ilayaraja and had a talk with him.
But this has no connection with his film or MD for Sivaji.

9) Villain's role will have a surprise. Ofcourse...thalaivar's also.

Now the story - How Shriya came into 'Sivaji's success team...

Thalaivar and Shankar were invited to watch 'Mazhai' preview by that
team. And both of them, watched the movie the movie in preview
theatre at Prasad Studios. The movie seems to be
average. But, the ligting and technical aspects stands good. And
heroine Shreya is shown so beautiful in the movie. And the first
song...hmmmmmmmmm...........thalaivar was so impressed abt the
performance and her look. He thought "Why not we rope in Shreya for
Sivaji..." Shankar also agreed happily and the next day itself she
has been booked it seems. If Shreya acts in Sivaji, she will be
dumped out of Dhanush's "Thiruvilaiyadal" or vice-versa.

Let us see what happens...

We have given with we touch....what we heard and collected...

See u soon with more infos...

Until then keep going....

http://rajinifans.com/showurl.asp?url=http://sivajimovie.blogspot.com/2005/10/what-we-heard-and-collected.html

svaisn
10th October 2005, 04:30 PM
entha mailleyum MD yarunu sollave ellayeE??

svaisn
10th October 2005, 04:31 PM

bhuvana..

ithu enna unga karpanaiyaa??

HJ shankar padam venamnu sonaaraam..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
10th October 2005, 04:43 PM

bhuvana..

ithu enna unga karpanaiyaa??

HJ shankar padam venamnu sonaaraam..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

no machan,its not her,hj sent an email to his group lately,so this thing bout ' rejecting Shankar's Shivaji offer " was 1 of it....my fren who is hj fan visited the group & gave me that link so i too manage to get a glimpse on his words on Shivaji...realy amusing :lol:

svaisn
10th October 2005, 05:22 PM
He was sure that he will not be given the chance.,..

so b4 others start commenting on this...

he is trying to play a safe game.....

dinesh2002
10th October 2005, 08:38 PM
He was sure that he will not be given the chance.,..

so b4 others start commenting on this...

he is trying to play a safe game.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so true

baba88
11th October 2005, 04:10 PM
Shriya from Enakku 20 Unakku 18 and Malai is the heroine of Sivaji !

dinesh2002
11th October 2005, 05:29 PM
[tscii:918103543b]Shriya teams up with Rajinikanth

Rajini’s Chandramukhi has rocked the film world. It has created a revolution by its grand success. Superstar’s next project is Sivaji. Shankar is the director of this film with A.R.Rehman as the music director of this film. The big suspense behind this film was about Rajini’s pair. Rumours first spread that Rani Mukherjee was to pair up with him. It was later told that Ash was to pair up with him. Finally Shriya has been chosen as Rajini’s pair. What an unexpected surprise!

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=208&news=newnews[/tscii:918103543b]

MADDY
11th October 2005, 07:22 PM
shriya??????????

she looks cute in long shots but looks very ordinary in close-ups.......i dunno y shankar has lost the touch of selecting gr8 heroines.....his heroines- madhu,nagma,urmila/manisha,ash,rani were all huge names when they did movies for shankar but look at genelia(Boys), sada(anniyan) and now shriya, they just seem to come from nowhere.....

dinesh2002
11th October 2005, 09:06 PM
shriya??????????

she looks cute in long shots but looks very ordinary in close-ups.......i dunno y shankar has lost the touch of selecting gr8 heroines.....his heroines- madhu,nagma,urmila/manisha,ash,rani were all huge names when they did movies for shankar but look at genelia(Boys), sada(anniyan) and now shriya, they just seem to come from nowhere.....

harini was great man.....sadha looked like a maid in anniyan :P...shreya :roll:

njv
11th October 2005, 10:04 PM
shriya??????????

Maddy

Would you be adding Shriya's picture in your avatar? Lol?

Who cares about heroines in Rajni movie anyways. Rajni will probably lock her too in a too just like the way he did in CM and will "release" in climax. May be if SJS direct Rajni, we can hope for a "better" heroines.

stranger
11th October 2005, 10:48 PM
Who cares about heroines in Rajni movie anyways.

We all CARE about who is going to be the HEROINE for shivaji.

If you dont care, find another thread to share your thoughts!

Thank U! 8-)

svaisn
12th October 2005, 08:44 AM
shriya??????????

harini was great man.....sadha looked like a maid in anniyan :P...shreya :roll:

harini suites well for that role...
but sada was sick.....

Shriya... would never suit for our thalaivar.. hope they go for rani or JO

MADDY
12th October 2005, 09:40 AM
!1

nilavupriyan
12th October 2005, 10:49 AM
-deleted-

NOV
12th October 2005, 12:42 PM
Pls! No Rajini-Kamal War!

This place is to discuss MUSIC only!

united07
12th October 2005, 01:18 PM
Harini in boys simply too cute...

Sadha in the movie...looks horrible at times...especially in Kannum Kannum Nokia song....WHO THE HELL WAS HER MAKE-UP MAN??!?!?! Anniyan should give him a Make-upbittambutam first.

But the one scene that justifies Sadha in Anniyan will be in the Randakka song, where she wears that (what evr it is called) dress of pant-like and the top.....she looks too good to be true.....thats all!

Shriya??? oh my gosh.....she is sexy but not pretty...she looks like Extreme Make-Over participant who got it all messed up!...

WHY NOT TRISHA!....PLEASE!.....TRISHA..TRISHA!

dinesh2002
12th October 2005, 01:23 PM
Harini in boys simply too cute...

Sadha in the movie...looks horrible at times...especially in Kannum Kannum Nokia song....WHO THE HELL WAS HER MAKE-UP MAN??!?!?! Anniyan should give him a Make-upbittambutam first.

But the one scene that justifies Sadha in Anniyan will be in the Randakka song, where she wears that (what evr it is called) dress of pant-like and the top.....she looks too good to be true.....thats all!

Shriya??? oh my gosh.....she is sexy but not pretty...she looks like Extreme Make-Over participant who got it all messed up!...

WHY NOT TRISHA!....PLEASE!.....TRISHA..TRISHA!

i hope it the news about shreya is not true,i want it to be AiSHU!!!!! please!!!! :oops:

i heard the movie's pooja suppose to be today rite?any news bout tat?

MADDY
12th October 2005, 05:53 PM
sorry NOV, but pls do note the subtle teasing of rajini in various forums.....

Sanjeevi
12th October 2005, 06:42 PM

This place is to discuss MUSIC only!

ya, also we may discuss about the heroine :wink:

TISK
12th October 2005, 07:27 PM
[tscii:b49bf9d944]Here is the Sify News! Take it with a pinch of salt and respective people , go and celebrate!
Happy Vijayadasami to all of you!!

Shriya is Rajni’s heroine!

By Moviebuzz
Wednesday, 12 October , 2005, 15:40

Shriya the dark horse has emerged to be the winner as she has bagged the role of superstar Rajnikanth’s heroine in AVM’s Sivaji to be directed by Shankar.
Remember that this coveted role was eyed by many heroines like Trisha, Nayantara, Asin from south while other names like Aishwarya Rai, Rani Mukherjee, Ayesha Takia were doing the rounds. But Shriya has walked away with the role out of the blue!

Shriya the 20 something Delhi girl did her schooling from the prestigious Delhi Public School(DPS) and later finished her degree from Lady Shriram College. She stared her modeling career and did video albums before she entered the Telugu film industry. She has acted with Chiranjeevi, NTR, Nagarjuna, Balakrishna, Prabhas, Ravi Teja among others. Her first Tamil film is the latest Mazhai opposite Jayam Ravi.

Meanwhile the other technicians to join the Sivaji bandwagon are cameraman K.V.Anand, Art Director Thota Tharani and as reported earlier music director A.R.Rahman.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:b49bf9d944]

Scale
12th October 2005, 10:53 PM
-deleted-

Nilavu! Good kasi,stranger no HC Rajni fans saw that post of yours.
Otherwise ingha innoru adi thadi thaan :hammer: .

NOV! All these days I was assuming that current topics is only (unbiased) place to have a war?. :roll: Good! You reminded everyone of "music" here.

TISK, Why the poll still exist in this thread? :D

TISK
13th October 2005, 02:26 AM
I never started a poll in the first place! I don't know who added it! And.... I dont know how to delete it!!

:lol: :roll: :?:

Nerd
13th October 2005, 02:40 AM
Scale,

I saw his ugly post b4 he deleted that! And we did know that this is not the place to fight over it :lol: And slowly we are refraining from attacking KH unwarranatedly. Hope they understand!!

stranger
13th October 2005, 04:01 AM
so what we have got so far, folks?

* Super *

* Avm

* Shankar

* K V Anand

* A R Rahman???

* Shriyaa??? Is this TRUE?? who the heck is this? :wink:

NOV
13th October 2005, 06:28 AM
This place is to discuss MUSIC only!ya, also we may discuss about the heroine :wink:A little leeway is given Sanjeevi. :)
But absolutely no adi-thadi over actors/actresses. We have our hands full with IR-ARR, as it is. :P
This topic is being discussed at TF section too, and all such non-music discussions can be held to heart's content there.

On another note, the Survey seems to be the only indication of music being discussed here. :roll:

united07
13th October 2005, 07:35 AM
This is ridiculous...
the thread is about TITAN...but no one mentioned Aamir Khan yet??!?!?!?!

MADDY
13th October 2005, 09:28 AM
stranger, yen innum sandegam, there are 15+ web links confirming ARR as the MD and shriya seems to have bagged the role, so i think u can safely remove those question marks on the right of their names in ur post...

Sanjeevi
13th October 2005, 11:33 AM
I never started a poll in the first place! I don't know who added it! And.... I dont know how to delete it!!
:lol: :roll: :?:Muzhu poosanikaya sothula maraikurathu ippadithanae :lol:

Scale
13th October 2005, 11:40 AM
Suryana kaaiyala maraikka mudiyuma yenna?? :wink:

Sanjeevi
13th October 2005, 11:46 AM
it is enough to close your eyes :)

Scale
13th October 2005, 11:48 AM
I See! :shock: :roll:. How can you close others eyes?.

baba88
13th October 2005, 06:55 PM
It's official !

Movie title: Sivaji
Director: Shankar
Actor: Rajnikanth
Actresse: Shriya
Producer: AVM Productions
Music Director: A.R.Rahman

Pooja/Shooting will start on December this year.

nilavupriyan
13th October 2005, 06:55 PM
-deleted-

Nilavu! Good kasi,stranger no HC Rajni fans saw that post of yours.
Otherwise ingha innoru adi thadi thaan :hammer: .

NOV! All these days I was assuming that current topics is only (unbiased) place to have a war?. :roll: Good! You reminded everyone of "music" here.

TISK, Why the poll still exist in this thread? :D

thats a post i replied for maddy's post....................have u read the ugly post of maddy whch i replied?

nilavupriyan
13th October 2005, 06:57 PM
Scale,

I saw his ugly post b4 he deleted that! And we did know that this is not the place to fight over it :lol: And slowly we are refraining from attacking KH unwarranatedly. Hope they understand!!

im have not attacked rajni unwarrantadly.....just to reply maddy's even ugly post...

dint u see his post is also deleted?

MADDY
13th October 2005, 07:36 PM
cool nilavu, i think i overdid by posting abt a stray incident in kamal's life.......even i did not read ur reply....thank god i didnt :D ....i hope it wasnt abt :wink: ......chill man, rajini and kamal are legends as far as their work in movies is concerned, i think i'll never deny this....

stranger
13th October 2005, 08:25 PM
It's official !

* Movie title: Sivaji

* Director: Shankar

* Actor: Rajnikanth

* Actresse: Shriya

* Producer: AVM Productions

* Music Director: A.R.Rahman

Pooja/Shooting will start on December this year.

well, if you say so, baba! :D

I read somewhere the oLippathivu: * K V Anand?

December, huh?!

Christmas gift! :lol:

m_23_bayarea
18th October 2005, 09:58 PM
[tscii:953fcf319a]Prakash Raj in Sivaji
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, October 18, 2005]

Prakash Raj, the lucky mascot of director Shankar in Anniyan, has been chosen to play the main villain’s role in Sivaji.

Rajinikanth starrer Sivaji to be produced by AVM Productions features Shreya opposite the Super Star.

Now the buzz is that Prakash Raj has been chosen to play the baddie.

Prakash Raj played a police officer who cracks the series of murders in Anniyan.

Now the director has roped him to play the villain in Sivaji too.

Moreover with Prakash Raj holding a good market in Telugu film industry, casting him in Sivaji would help in making the movie a big success in Tollywood.

Prakash Raj had acted with Rajinikanth before in Padaiyappa in which he played a cameo.

K Balachander introduced Prakash Raj, much like Rajini, on screen as a villain.

So KB’s two proteges will have plenty to share between themselves.
[/tscii:953fcf319a]

stranger
19th October 2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks bay-area! :)

Prakash raj sure will do a good job! 8-)

Raghu
19th October 2005, 01:18 PM
[tscii]Prakash Raj in Sivaji

Prakash Raj, the lucky mascot of director Shankar in Anniyan, has been chosen to play the main villain’s role in Sivaji.

:banghead: :banghead: , enpa what happend to Raghuvaran :cry: , he is a far better and BEST villain in Tamil Film Industry!!, who can forget 'Mark Anthony' in Baasha??????

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2005, 10:20 PM
[tscii]Prakash Raj in Sivaji

:banghead: :banghead: , enpa what happend to Raghuvaran :cry: , he is a far better and BEST villain in Tamil Film Industry!!, who can forget 'Mark Anthony' in Baasha??????

I know, looks like his career has ended way too quietly.....Even I think he's the most sophisticated and powerful villain....Baasha and Mudhalvan were his career best films....

Raghu
20th October 2005, 01:20 AM
I know, looks like his career has ended way too quietly.....Even I think he's the most sophisticated and powerful villain....Baasha and Mudhalvan were his career best films....

no sir, he has been the ONLY Italian mafia looking villain, indian cinema has ever seen :!:

the rest of the villains are like dust next to raghuvaran, well except veterans like M.N.Nambiyar :)

stranger
20th October 2005, 05:09 AM
Who, raghu???

Raghuvaran looks like Italian mafia-villain like "Barzini" or "Solozzo" or "Moe Green"???

I think I am missing something here! :)

Anyway, I think Raghuvaran is an alcoholic and going through some serious personal problems and what not! :cry:

RR
20th October 2005, 09:49 PM
Closing this topic.. Continue either in ARR forum (for music only!), or in Tamil films.