PDA

View Full Version : sumeet mixie

Oldposts
22nd November 2004, 11:49 AM
Topic started by sreelatha (shreelatha_aks@yahoo.com) (@ mor201c-a.agecon.ndsu.nodak.edu) on Mon Feb 3 13:54:42 .

Hi everyone,

can some one tell me whether it is worth to buy sumeet mixie in india or usa. How much will it cost in india. if i get it from india will anyone repair it here.

thanx,
sreelatha

Oldposts
To my opinion, it does not make much difference. But cost, dont remember exactly. Either way, u can repair if there is any problem. When I bought my mixie (4 years back), they gave only one small jar, but, now i heard that they are giving one more small jar(not sure).

Here in NJ, repair facilities are available and i did 2 times with my jars. If the problem happens within a year, they dont even charge unless otherwise it is a major one.

Hope this is sufficient.

bye

Oldposts
Please please do not buy the sumeet.. I am kicking myself over and again for it. Buy a preeti or someother Indian brands, Sumeet has the worst quality accessories, hardest to clean and worst North American customer service.

Oldposts
Bharani,

in NJ, we do have the Indian customer service, i dont know which part u live ? Anyway, thisis for ur info.,

Oldposts
The Asia Kitchen attachment jar in Sumeet is excellent -- in a few seconds you get very fine paste/powders. But the other jars/blades are not that good. Moreover, the motor in Sumeet heats up too soon & very often.
So after 5 years of Sumeet i've switched over to Preethi. The blades in all the jars are fixed; so no more hassles of changing blades. The motor is very powerful & you get the ISI guarantee too. Though it takes slightly longer than Sumeet to get fine pastes, it is a very sturdy mixie; & a huge relief, as far as cleaning is concerned.

Oldposts
We do provide parts and service to Sumeet mixie (110V or 220V) in USA.

We also have INNOMIX, comparable to Sumeet in performance and service, but lower cost than Sumeet and Preeti. Visit www.innoconcepts.com. If you mention that you were referred by "Forum Hub" you will be eligibale for a discount.

Oldposts
I have a mixer and grinder bought in india. Can any one tell me how we make it work in usa? I guess the power specifications are different here in usa (110 or 120 volts). We need to buy any adapters? if so which one we can buy?

Thanks in advance
Suresh

Oldposts
"it is a very sturdy mixie; & a huge relief, as far as cleaning is concerned"

Revathy, it is such a huge relief for me to read your post, especially since you have used both sumeet and preethi.

Oldposts
suresh:
You can get the adapter from most Indian electrical/electronic stores. Are you sure your mixie has not been adapted to North America because these adapted ones are available in India for use here.

Oldposts
Preethi Mixie distinguishes for its non-compromising quality and trouble free performance.

Preethi comes with 5 multiple size jars to meet all your grinding needs,compared to any other mixie in the market today !!

Preethi Mixie comes with 550 watts powerful motor.
Salem Stainless steel jars,blades are provided for best quality - 100% rust proof for long life.
1 year Warranty.

Preethi looks Elegant, Sleek adds beauty to your kitchen.

For more information visit our website :
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com
OR Call Customer Service at 972.691.0686
---- Quality Products & Best Customer Service ----

Oldposts
Pombalenga samachaaram !!! Hmmmmm !!!

Oldposts
Akki vachaa, thinga mattum vanthidunga!

Oldposts
Nandhini,
Can we make idli in preethi mixie? Can we use the patna boiled rice that we get in the US? Thanks.

Oldposts
Yes,Preethi is good to grind idli/dosa batter.
It always counts how much you want to grind at one time.

There are 2 stainless steel jars - 1.75 ltrs and 1.25 ltrs , that can tackle 'The job - WELL DONE'!

I am not familiar with "Patna bolied rice".
Today, Indian Idli rice are available in most of the Indian stores,here in the US. Those are parbolied rice.

>> Preethi has built in DYNA COOL motor. That does not let the motor easily heat up, even under tough job.
>> Preethi's Blade design are unique and fixed. This makes wet and dry grinding, whipping, churning, grating, mincing, chopping at an ease !

For more information visit : www.perfectpeninsula.com

Good Luck .

Oldposts
Nandini,
You mention that the Preethi blade is fixed, does that mean in all the jars the blade cannot be changed.

Oldposts
Preethi do have a jar ( 1.75 ltr Biggest jar ) which is equipped to interchange the Blades. It has a choice of 3 blades.(Whipping,wetgrinding and chopping )
Rest of the jar are equiped with a unique fixed blade that does any type of wet or dry grining job.
So Preethi comes with -
3 Salem Stainless steel
2 Ploycarbanate jars with Grind,Serve and Store feature with air tight lids (Dishwasher safe )
Totally 5 Blades, Plastic Stirrer, and Plus ++ Delicious Receipe Book.

For more information about Preethi - visit us
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com
You can place your orders online.

Oldposts
I have a small restaurant and have bought two Sumeet mixies. I bought them from Canada for USD 180. I have used them for grinding spices etc for almost eight years. I think they are excellent machines.

Oldposts
Can someone provide the contact info for Sumeet repairs in NJ?

Oldposts
Looks like most of you are out of touch with what's happening on the summeth scene. Sometime last year the Summet manufacturing factory was closed. (Confirmed by our local sotckist here). There are no more sumeet mixies in the market. Whatever is available must be sitting on the shelf for a long, long time. Spare parts are no longer available, if someone claims they are, it's likely a duplicate one. From what I understand from people in India, the latest craze in Bangalore is the National MX 216E Super Mixer Grinder, with two jars (different sizes) and two blades. It can be used for all types of grinding. I am also told that khus khus which normally takes a while to grind in other grinders, grinds within seconds in this one. The larger balde is useful for all kinds of grinding. I am also told that grinding urdh dhal and rice for doasa and idlis is done very quickly.

Oldposts
This bit of news about the Sumeet Manufacturing Factory closing is completely false; please inform your local stockist of the fact. And as far as we know our machines certainly do not sit on any shelf for long,they sell out fast. If anyone requires any spares for their Sumeet or any service do please call us TOLL FREE @ 1-800-268-1530, or 905-940-6873 or e-mail us at customerservice-northamerica@sumeet.net.We will do our best to help you. We do have service dealers in NJ however we do like to troubleshoot the problem ourselves, over the phone, first.
Thank you.

Oldposts
Hi,

can anyone knows where the sumeet mixie be bought in UK? If possible, please give me the details or any other websites to find them...

Thanks.

Oldposts
Hello everyone,
I ahd a lot of problems with the Sumeet Servicing Center for North America,which is located in Canada.
I had ordered a jar and had to go through a big ordeal to get the money back when they did not send the jar after over six months. I think Sumeet is a good mixer, however with the poor service and the most unprofessional staff, I would never like to buy another Sumeet mixer. Is there another brand that is good for heavy duty grinding and also that has spare perts available and a company that provides good after sales service? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Bindu

Oldposts
Bindu,
I am sure you are leaving out something!!! I have had very good experience with the Canadian Sumeet dealer for a few years now. They provide professional, fast, very polite service. I wish other Indian companies abroad would behave in such a professional manner as Sumeet Canada.

Oldposts
Sumeet is the worst quality mixie you can buy on earth. I have two. Both broke down within 2 years. The second one was bought from Arti Premjee in Canada. This one broke the third time I used. The motor quit. No service center in USA. If you ship by UPS. You have to pay the bills for both directions. The motor is of very poor quality. Particularly never by from Canda from Mrs. Arti Premjee. She is selling products sitting on shelf for more than 10 yrs.

Oldposts
I was looking for a good mixie, with trouble free performance and highly durable.Reading these postings,and my sister also had a bad experience with sumeet, I made up my mind to buy Preethi Mixie.
I ordered online at distributors web site - http://www.perfectpeninsula.com (http://www.perfectpeninsula.com
)
Now, I am using Preethi mixie for past 8 weeks.
I had excellent idli, dosa, coconut chutney ..
Here is the best of Preethi -
Unit looks beautiful and elegant
Trouble free performance
5 multiple size jars.
Size and shapes of the jars are so convenient - I simply love it !!
Jars are made out of good quality, sturdy (salem) stainless steel jars.
Loaded with good features like, Over load protector (OLC) switch, and DAYNA COOL motor, Keeps the motor cool even under tough or heavy use.
After using Preethi Mixie, I bought one for my sister as a gift. After she used Preethi. She praised me, for a wonderful gift !
My sister was not happy with her sumeet mixie, which lasted only for 8 months, and started to give more problems. She bought sumeet unit from Indiaplaza.com. but she was unhappy with sumeet performance and after sales service, who does not even have spareparts, though the unit has 3 year warranty. She felt she was cheated, for buying Sumeet :(
For any one, who is looking to buy mixie, I strongly recommend you to go for Preethi, the brand you can trust !
Preethi Distributors provide good customer service and after sales service.
Call customer service at 972-691-0686
for any product assistance. They are really nice !!

Oldposts
"Both broke down within 2 years. "

were you grinding stones in it??

"The second one was bought from Arti Premjee in Canada. "

I have one from them that has been going strong now for almost 5 years.

"The motor quit. "

What were you grinding to break the motor.

"Particularly never by from Canda from Mrs. Arti Premjee"

I see!! So this is some personal vendetta agains Mrs. Premjee, is it? I have had wonderful experience with service from their shop.

Oldposts
Dear Friends ..

I dont know about other mixies .. I live in India and I have been using a Sumeet mixie ( the old single jar machine ) for the past 15 yrs without any problems and hence my vote always stands for Sumeet, though other mixies might be better ..

Pramod

Oldposts
அதென்ன? சுமீத் மிக்ஸி மட்டுமே நல்ல தரமோ?
அமெரிக்காவில் கிடைக்காத மிக்ஸியா?
In case you cannot see the tamil text: In IE, go to View->Encoding and select 'Unicode(UTF-8)'.

Oldposts
Well...My vote goes to sumeet.Any mixie wont get spoiled unless you overload it.I am using it for the last 15 years and it is still working very nice.May be some plastic components may require replacement during normal use which can be done in any service shops.

Oldposts
My husband surprised me with a Summeet mixer for christmas 2 years ago, (after a lot of pestering on my part). I loved it and instantly cooked idly's, dahi wadas etc. until the novelty wore off (about 2 days). Then the unit stayed in storage for a couple of months. When I tried to re-use it, guess what it the blade would not turn even tho the motor was OK. Took it to the dealer in Edison and he claimed that the base tends to rust and needs to be cleaned and oiled etc. Something the customer obviously cannot do. I brought it home and used it once before it conked off again. The machine is great when it works ....WHEN it works which is rarely. I wouldn't buy it in the states since there is no way to fix it when it breaks down every day. My brother had the same experience with his machine,

Oldposts
My husband surprised me with a Summeet mixer for christmas 2 years ago, (after a lot of pestering on my part). I loved it and instantly cooked idly's, dahi wadas etc. until the novelty wore off (about 2 days). Then the unit stayed in storage for a couple of months. When I tried to re-use it, guess what it the blade would not turn even tho the motor was OK. Took it to the dealer in Edison and he claimed that the base tends to rust and needs to be cleaned and oiled etc. Something the customer obviously cannot do. I brought it home and used it once before it conked off again. The machine is great when it works ....WHEN it works which is rarely. I wouldn't buy it in the states since there is no way to fix it when it breaks down every day. My brother had the same experience with his machine,

Oldposts
I agree with Anbu. What is the big deal about Sumeet. You can make idli vada with any European or American mixers.

Oldposts
"I wouldn't buy it in the states since there is no way to fix it when it breaks down every day"
"My brother had the same experience with his machine"

Cheryl,
hmmmmm are yourself and your brother dealers for a competitor of Sumeet by any chance? Do you think the thousands of people in India that have bought and are using Sumeet for many years are all ulloos? Do you think Sumeet would have survived in India had it been breaking down "every day"??

Oldposts
I have been using Sumeet for last 21 years to be exact. I bought the first one in 1981 worked well and I gave this to my mother in 1991 and bought another one. It is working very well and I would recommend any body to buy this model.

srikantan

Oldposts
hi, im from illinois.i have a sumeet mixie with the spindle-bush gone loose. im trying to get a spare part or repair shop anywhere near chicago or bloomington but i am not getting any help. i have been using sumeet in india and here for the past two years, except for the blades replacement i found no big repairs.I have also got a preethi recently i dont know about its durability. yet to know.well would someone tell me about this spindle-bush alignment replacement? much obliged. padma

Oldposts
well i have said enough about my tale of woe. i need a repair shop for sumeet in or around chicago. padma

Oldposts
well i have said enough about my tale of woe. i need a repair shop for sumeet in or around chicago. padma

Oldposts
Dear Padma,
For shops that do Sumeet repair service, you have to contact Sumeet dealer at 1-800-268-1530, or 905-940-6873 or their e-mail is customerservice-northamerica@sumeet.net.
They can help you to locate a store in Chicago to fix your unit.
Good Luck !

Oldposts
Hey guys finally the question of which one is more better Sumeet or something else, people from India have responded to this query but fortunately they have service shops where they can get their units fixed.I was of the idea that if I buy the mixie here that service is assured any comments about people who bought it here and have had good service connections let me know.

Oldposts
hi,
i have a sumeet asia kitchen machine...my medium size jar seems to have some problem....the blade is not rotating!any suggestions?

thank you

Oldposts
We bought Sumeet mixie 4 years back from Indiaplaza.com website for 199 dollars. We always had trouble with it and never liked it. It gets tripped very fast even for small things. We cursed ourselves many times for buying it. Now all the jars are kind of broken, but we are still using it occasionally. I am planning to buy another mixie now. Is preeti really good one? I am looking for more reviews before I buy it..

Oldposts
Hi friends,

If you need any repair for Sumeet mixies, you can contact Inno Concepts, Inc. at 770-594-1815 or order spare parts from their website www.innoconcepts.com

Oldposts
Hi All
Sreelatha,
Buying a sumeet here in US would be a good idea if ur not making a trip to india in near future. If u plan on going to India or if someone can carry it for u it would cost cheaper in india if you look at the dollor & rupee conversion. Otherwise anywhere is fine. You have the sumeet service center in Canada if you don't trust the local indian shops in fixing any problems.
When it comes to deciding between Sumeet or anyother brand its solly a personal openion. When I saw some of the responses, i noticed that there are people who had real bad experiances with Sumeet. I am really sorry for them. But my experience with Sumeet so far is great and people around me also had great experiences with it and are still using it. I never consulted a forum before but I did take others openion before I bought i.e. openion of my close friends and cousins who are using it. My friend has been using it in US from past 4yrs and never complained about sumeet. My cousin who recently got married bought one from india and she doesn't have any complains. Of all my mother and aunts who have been using it from 10 to 15yrs don't have complains. Back then I guess this was the only brand existing and there was no choice to confuse them to make up their minds :). After talking to all these people I decided to buy Sumeet and I am using it without any problem. I bought it online from http://www.indiaplaza.com. I bought it for 170$ and with 7yr waranty. it came with 3 jars and it was a good deal. As of now its just me and my husband so three jar just works perfect for us and since we both work i use the grinder moderately and don't feel the necessity for 5 jar. may be i will think of buying a wet grinder once my family starts growing.

Oldposts
hello saikrishna, How can use a mixie bought in India, here? what about the voltage and the power cord (plug)?

Oldposts
u will have to buy an adaptor which steps down/up the voltage correctly.u can get it in major cities.don't know the details though.

My mother(in India) bought a sumeet mixi and ever since had complaints with it.finally the motor was spoiled and within one year we had to throw it away.the dealers were indifferent.we will never buy summet again.several of our friends and relatives both in Usa and India have had problems with sumeet.
we lost trust in it.now our mixi is premiere.so far it is good.

Oldposts
thanya, comeon!!!! do you think we are all from planet mars and don't know about the way sumeet works in India. People have been using sumeet for decades with no problem with the motor. Now you come up with this story about the motor getting spoilt, for you and you family members, friends,etc. Cock and bull story!!!

Oldposts
You can also get adaptor from Radioshacks..it is a chain store...but make sure it is of correct wattage.

Oldposts
just go to www.radioshack.com and in the search type in transformer.u will get details

Oldposts
Hello,
Sumeet is available in Chicago-Devon Street or in New york/Newjersey. I bought one couple yrs back in Hyderabad, and I got the motor changed to the US volatage, I just have to use a plug converter. So far its working fine. I know the US compatible versions are also available in India, as last time I went, I could get Ultra wetgrinder that is made for the US use. But it proved cheaper for me to get the motor changed. I do not know if the sumeet customer service wud service my modified version. But I had no problems yet..touch wood!:)
I get my spares from India..like the knob for speeds, the gaskets, etc.. So far, its working fine for me. If any problems, I know that Sumeet there is a Sumeet service centre here in New Jersey/Newyork. Also, I can find spares here in Chicago.
I hope this helps.
Geeta

Oldposts
Hi , Could someone tell where I can buy a Sumeet mixie in New Jersey. I live in Virginia and have heard people telling me that it is available in NJ. Any tips regarding area/shop would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Radha

Oldposts
Hi , Could someone tell where I can buy a Sumeet mixie in New Jersey. I live in Virginia and have heard people telling me that it is available in NJ. Any tips regarding area/shop would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Radha

Oldposts
Hi Radha,

You can buy Sumeet Asia kitchen in Buy Rite Electronics, Oak Tree road, Iselin(the one in Subzi mandi complex). We bought it from there and they use to do repair if there is any.

If u need the full address, will send u it.

Oldposts
Hi Radha,
You can get Sumeet in Fairfax, Virginia. I got it at A-1 Groceries. But you get in a lot of indian stores in that area. Or just order it online at www.sumeet.com. They ship it free.

Oldposts
Sumeet mixie has dome shaped lids. Do you know why they are dome shaped and is it easy to clean it.

Oldposts
i would like to receive the full address of the sumeet mixi manufacturer as i wish to buy the motor

Oldposts
want to get a 110 volts converter for summeet mixie purchased in INDIA , want to know where it is available in MICHIGAN

Oldposts
do i get 220 volts converter for sumeet mixie in MICHIGAN?

Oldposts
Innomix Tribute is available in USA. It has a powerful motor (550W) and has three jars. One for the wet grinding, one for the dry grinding and one for small quantity grinding. The lids are snap on lids so it is easy to open and close.
The switch is dual directional so you can go to third speed from the off position or you can go in steps - 1, 2, 3.
The chutney jar has a full size gasket so even if you grind with water it will not leak. Try the link -http://innoconcepts.com/mixies.htm (http://innoconcepts.com/mixies.htm
)
Since the dollar value has gone down, it is not that expensive to buy in USA. You have the added convenience of service and delivery to your home.

Oldposts
842 summet vessel has crashed where can get this spare in India Chennai address and name of dealer
please before 9 th may 2004. our friend is visiting India for a week.
or any dealer in Sydney Australia pl advice name and phone .

Oldposts
842 summet vessel has crashed where can get this spare in India Chennai address and name of dealer
please before 9 th may 2004. our friend is visiting India for a week.
or any dealer in Sydney Australia pl advice name and phone .

Oldposts
We have spares for the Sumeet Asia Kitchen Machine and we ship them to anywhere in the world. For the spares available and the pictures and names of the parts, visit http://www.innoconcepts.com/AKMparts.htm (http://www.innoconcepts.com/AKMparts.htm
)
to Renuka,
When you use an adaptor with the 220V machine, it only changes the voltage not the electrical cycles. In India it is 50HZ and in USA it is 60HZ and any electrical appliance used with the converter will have poor performance and the motor will die soon. For example, people who bring 220V Ultra grinders from India and use it with the converter tell me that it takes one hour to grind one batch of dough whereas it takes only 15-20 minutes when you use a 110V machine. They save money by buying 220V and bringing it with them but in the long run, end up paying much more in electric bill, for buying the converter or installing 220v outlet at home.

Oldposts
We are relocating to New Jersey shortly. Could anyone tell me how much a sumeet mixi costs in New jersey ?As we have to travel in a week's time, early response would be highly appreciated.If the price difference is a sizeable amount, we would like to take it from India itself. Thanks Anandhi

Oldposts
Is a nylon coupler better or a rubber coupler? any opinion on this.

Oldposts
Ihave got a problem locating a Dealer/Distributor/Service Centre for Summeet Products in Malaysia.My Summeet Mixie has got problem and need to get it fixed.Can someone please help me to resolve my problem (contact numbers/address).

RGDS
SAM THIRU

Oldposts
SUMMET DEALERS MUST BE IDIOTS. AFTER BUYING WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE HELL IS THE SERBVICE CENTRES. BUYING SUMEET PRODUCTS IS LIKE BUYING DISPOSABLE PRODUCTS, BUY ,USE AND DISPOSE. REPAIR AND USE IS NO TALK IN THEIR VOCALBULARY, ITS AS GOOD AS ONE OFF.
SHAME ON YOU IN SUMMEET. WAKE AND DON'T GO TO SLEEP.

NO THANKS TO SUMMEET

DISGUSTED.

Oldposts
Sumeet is great in India !

Oldposts
Sumeet is great in India !

Oldposts
Old sumeets used to work very well in India. My mom's sumeet worked for 15 years. But new sumeets are the worst mixie's. It is not even one year I bought the mixie, I had to get it repaired in 8 months, what I heard is preethi is good, when i go to India again I will buy preethi n tell my frends not to buy new sumeet

Oldposts
aNITA dARLING,
IT CAN BE GRET IN INDIA BUT NOT OUTSIDE.DON'T BE THE FROG UNDER THE COCONUT SHELL.

Oldposts
aNITA dARLING,
IT CAN BE GRET IN INDIA BUT NOT OUTSIDE.DON'T BE THE FROG UNDER THE COCONUT SHELL.

Oldposts
...Anandhi,
Nylon coupler when compared withstands high speed, heat and friction better than rubber couplers.
Nylon coupler are therefore better than rubber couplers.
...Pushpa,
Be aware - Buying Preethi Mixie from India, will not have warranty or you can't claim for any free service, here in the USA
For more information and to learn on Preethi USA warranty Visit http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/warranty.html (http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/warranty.html
)

Oldposts
if any one knows the service centre at chennai kindly intimate me

Thanks and regards

Padmanabhan.
S

Oldposts
Does anybody have any experience with butterfly mixie in the US or in India? how is it?

Oldposts
I have a Sumeet Asia Kitchen mahcine which I purchased in Michigan in 2001. A couple of days ago it just stopped working. Does anyone know where I can get it serviced in Michigan.
Thanks

Oldposts
Can anyone tell where the sumeet service center is in Detroit . My mixie is not working.

Oldposts
Hello

can anybody tell me where can I buy parts for Summet Asia machine in India (Bombay).

thanx

Sharma

Oldposts
We have a service center in Atlanta and we can fix your mixies. Please visit www.innoconcepts.com for more details.

Oldposts
Distributors for -
Preethi Chef Pro Plus Mixie ( 5 jar )
Preethi Eco Chef Mixie ( 3 jar )
Preethi Juicer - Super Extractor Jar
Sharp Wet Grinder ( Countertop Model )
Microwave idli Cooker ( Cutting Edge )
Nirlep non-stick Cookware and Gift sets
Akshaya Electric Idli Steamer
Akshaya Pressure Cookers
Akshaya Nonstick idli plate set
Non Stick Paniyaram Pan
and much more for your kitchen !

* Free Shipping *

For more information visit us Online
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com (http://www.perfectpeninsula.com
)

Oldposts
Hey guys I am from chennai. Have been cooking for 34 years and have been using a sumeet mixie for over 25 years. I did not realise until about 6 months back that it is a LOUSY mixie! I have hit upon a 'National' mixie of Indian make. Its truly good. I have written a cookbook and I can say this with conviction that sumeet has to be trashed away. By the way the Asia grinding mixie of Sumeet has been stopped. they do not manufacture that any more. I went round the electronic division of Spencer Plaza and nothing matched with the 'National' brand. I was amazed that I did not know of this before. I am sure that you will find it in the US or they will fix you the voltage here. So you can cart it from here.
<a name="last"></a>

Andal Balu
4th December 2004, 09:46 AM
Now you can get the Indian mixie in USA for almost the same price that you will be paying in India plus you get warranty and delivered to your home. When you lug your mixie from India, there is a chance of it breaking in the transit and you do not have any warranty. Make use of the holiday sale and get the mixie for under $100 at http://www.innoconcepts.com/meenumix.htm

Relin Megamix
7th December 2004, 08:47 PM
We are pleased to announce the availability of Relin Megamix - The Heavy Duty Mixer Grinder, specially designed to meet tough Indian cooking requirements.

Relin megamix has the POWER of 550 Watts heavy Duty Motor, which can handle toughest grinding needs with complete ease. The HIGH SPEED of 18,000 - 20,000 rpm of the motor will complete all the jobs in just a few seconds. Equiped with 3 sturdy stainless steel jars and 6 blades, each designed for different cooking jobs like wet grinding, dry grinding, mixing, blending, mincing, grating, whipping, chopping, crushing etc.

Take advantage of the special Christmas sale - Buy on-line or call. It comes with 1 years parts and labour warranty with 3 years on motor.

RELIN MEGAMIX IS UL/CSA APPROVED - ASSURES HIGHEST QUALITY AND SAFETY STANDARDS.

Please visit http://www.relin.com/item25.htm to check this out.

Relin Megamix
7th December 2004, 09:00 PM
We are pleased to announce the availability of RELIN Megamix - The Heavy Duty Mixer Grinder, specially designed to meet tough Indian cooking requirements.

Relin megamix has the POWER of 550 Watts heavy Duty Motor, which can handle toughest grinding needs with complete ease. The HIGH SPEED of 18,000 - 20,000 rpm of the motor will complete all the jobs in just a few seconds. Equiped with 3 sturdy stainless steel jars and 6 blades, each designed for different cooking jobs like wet grinding, dry grinding, mixing, blending, mincing, grating, whipping, chopping, crushing etc.

Take advantage of the special Christmas sale - Buy on-line or call 416-618-9753. It comes with 1 years parts and labour warranty with 3 years on motor.

RELIN MEGAMIX IS UL/CSA APPROVED - ASSURES HIGHEST QUALITY AND SAFETY STANDARDS.

Please visit http://www.relin.com/item25.htm to check this out.

Vaidehi Kishkinthan
25th December 2004, 06:38 AM
Don't be satisfied with under performers. What you need is a mixie that will satisfy all your needs. Buy Premier Interlocking Mixie that is available for a very reasonable $ 139.99 with free shipping. Visit www.chennaiimports.com for details or call Meena Selvaraju at 647-438-7677 or 416-287-1727. :) [/url]

Vaidehi Kishkinthan
25th December 2004, 06:40 AM
Don't be satisfied with under performers. What you need is a mixie that will satisfy all your needs. Buy Premier Interlocking Mixie that is available for a very reasonable $ 139.99 with free shipping. Visit www.chennaiimports.com for details or call Meena Selvaraju at 647-438-7677 or 416-287-1727.

[url]www.chennaiimports.com :)

di
11th January 2005, 03:31 AM
hi all,

i have a sumeet asia kitchen amchine....i want to know if the small jar is sold separately in the USA? or online? :(

dev
14th January 2005, 12:06 PM
Can anyone tell if there is a mixer grinder with food processor & juicer attachment all in one machine?... If yes,pls let me know the brand & it's availability in India & Singapore,if possible...

indy70
14th January 2005, 10:29 PM
Hi Folks,
I have a preethi chef pro plus mixie, which i bought in India. Its a 110v mixie. I just opened it up couple of days back and it doesn't seem to be working. I have the power light on and still it doesn't work. I tried to press the overload protecter button but its still not working. This is a brand new one and right from the pack ... I also tried their instruction to manually rotate the motor coupler to free it up. didn't work still.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Thiru
14th January 2005, 11:10 PM
Did you test this in india using a step-up ?

indy70
14th January 2005, 11:23 PM
Did you test this in india using a step-up ?

No , I didn't do it .. I was so busy packing up to leave... plus it is a 110v mixie. Perhaps one big mistake that i made was that i guess.

Thiru
14th January 2005, 11:32 PM
Did you try the red button at the bottom multiple times? did you try running it without the jar? did you try all the buttons (including whip button)... I guess u would have read the manual and followed all procedures... If you have the manual, it might have all the service centres for preethi mixie.. Check if there is any authorised service centre in US.. if not, u might want to take it to a 110-220v desi electronics shop in the US to repair it...

indy70
14th January 2005, 11:41 PM
Did you try the red button at the bottom multiple times? did you try running it without the jar? did you try all the buttons (including whip button)... I guess u would have read the manual and followed all procedures... If you have the manual, it might have all the service centres for preethi mixie.. Check if there is any authorised service centre in US.. if not, u might want to take it to a 110-220v desi electronics shop in the US to repair it...

Well, I tried everything on the manual. didn't work. I am planning to open it up and troubleshoot, over the weekend. The closest service center to my place is in Texas and i would have to ship my unit to get it serviced. Do they have local desi electronics store in US???

Thiru
15th January 2005, 12:08 AM
There are a few stores in iselin, nj.. I know there are some in devon st, chicago and also in dallas... not sure if any of these is closer to you.. .

indy70
15th January 2005, 12:30 AM
There are a few stores in iselin, nj.. I know there are some in devon st, chicago and also in dallas... not sure if any of these is closer to you.. .

I don't think so. I am in Kansas. Thank you for your help anyway.

Relin Megamix
27th January 2005, 09:41 AM
Dev,

Relin Megamix is a Heavy Duty Mixer Grinder designed for all kind of Indian Food Processing. It also comes with Optional Juicer Attachment for non-citrus fruits. It is not available in Australia yet, but available in North America and off course in India.

You may contact India office at infoindia@relin.com to make arrangements for shipment.

Hope this helps. :wink:
www.relin.com

gaya3usa
10th February 2005, 04:49 AM
I use to have Hamilton blender, it gave me up couple of times. I was indeed fedup to buy another one.
So, I bought preethi 2 years ago. It works so good ! It grinds fast and fine in few mins. Grinding for dosa , idli are so easy.... when compared to Hamilton .
The jars are very good quality. The model I have has 3 stainless steel and 2 addtional jars ( flip for grinding ~ Flop for serving ~ and attach the lid for storage )
To sum it up ... Preethi chef pro Plus is the best mixie that I would strongly recommend for its superior perfomance ..... From a satisfied user :D

For more infomation on preethi go to usa distributor www.perfectpeninsula.com

Sahely30
18th August 2005, 05:03 AM
Hi

I heard the new Sumeet mixie has Stirrer to stir the ingredients while running? Which other mixie has similar feature?

Which mixie has differnt sized jars with interchangeable blades?

Any one can tell me who makes Sumeet? Do they have a web site?
Who is the cometition for Sumeet or which one is the best and why? How does it compare to Sumeet?

How does Summet has new model if the company does not exist?

Thanks
jyothi

Relin Megamix
18th August 2005, 07:49 PM
Helo Jyothi,

Yes, there is one excellent product which has stirrer assembly on the dome lid which can be used to stirr ingredients while the Mixer/Grinder is running. The name of the Product is Relin - Megamix, which is available in North America for the last 1 year (In India for the last 20 years). This has one of the world's most powerfull 550 watts motor, designed for all tough wet and dry grinding, in addition ot other functions like mixing, blending, grating, mincing, chopping, whipping, crushing etc. - It's a complete Kitchen Machine.

Other than sumeet, Relin Megamix is the only Mixer/Grinder from India which is Certified by CSA (Canada) and UL (USA), which assures you of the highest quality and safety of the product.

Relin Megamix comes with 3 sturdy Stainless Steel jars, 2 with fixed blades and 1 with 4 Interchangable blades. It comes with 1 year parts and labour warranty with 3 years on Motor. Please visit www.relin.com or call 1-416-618-9753 for more details. You can order on line as well.

With best wishes, :P

svasu_ani
1st October 2005, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I am planning to order preethi chefro plus from perfectpeninsula.com . has anyone ordered it online? hows the mixie's performance? and also hows the preethis after sale service?

Anitha

a_gopinathan
1st October 2005, 09:01 PM
Anitha,

i got preethi chefpro plus from india. it seems to be good, i have used it for only for a week now. not sure about after sale service

rgds
Anju

gaya3usa
4th April 2006, 04:49 AM
Four years ago, I bought Preethi Mixie from www.perfectpeninsula.com .
The item was shipped out the next business day and they send me the FEDEX tracking number for my reference in email. On the fourth day I received the package. Excellent service and order processing was done more than I expected. After my purchase couple of my friends also bought Preethi mixie through the same web site.
For your information - here is the link from the company's web site on warranty and after sales service :
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/warranty.html
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/service.html

For the units bought in India, warranty is not valid here in the USA.
It is listed on the web site. So, if you buy it in India you have to send your unit to India ( to the retailer ) where you purchased the unit.

Go for Preethi - you will love it. :)

nuhubber
4th May 2006, 07:34 AM
I would not recommend buying PREETHI MIXIE. The mixie works well for about a year and then tightens up. The contact in Dallas charges about $ 20 (including postal and other things) for loosening it and making it workable. She generally tries to give you some tips like dipping it in oil for a few days but it seems unworkable to me and to a couple of other friends who have been in the same position. I had both the jars go out around the one to 2 year mark (so that is a yearly cost of 40 dollars approx) which I think is a bad economic proposition. Otherwise, I guess the mixie is okay but this makes it a bad deal unless you live in Dallas.

nidhi
12th May 2006, 10:10 PM
hi friends,

i am interested in buying a new mixer grader in
USA(sumeet 0r kenstar).Where do i find it in USA,if anyone does know please reply me to srinidhi09@rediffmail.com.

sowmeia
30th May 2006, 11:55 PM
does anybody know if i can exchange sumeet mixie anywhere in the USA? do any dealers in NJ take a used sumeet mixie for a better deal in a new preethi?

Relin Megamix
26th September 2006, 06:31 AM
Hi,

The search for the toughest Mixer/Grinder ends here. Yes, there is one excellent product which has stirrer assembly on the dome lid which can be used to stirr ingredients while the Mixer/Grinder is running. The name of the Product is Relin - Megamix, which is available in North America for the last 2 years (In India for the last 21 years). This has one of the world's most powerfull 550 watts motor, designed for all tough wet and dry grinding, in addition ot other functions like mixing, blending, grating, mincing, chopping, whipping, crushing etc. - It's a complete Kitchen Machine.

Presently, Relin Megamix is the only Mixer/Grinder from India which is Certified by UL (USA) and CSA (Canada), which assures you of the highest quality and safety of the product.

Relin Megamix comes with 3 sturdy Stainless Steel jars, 2 with fixed blades and 1 with 4 Interchangable blades. It comes with 1 year parts and labour warranty with 3 years on Motor. Please visit www.relin.com or call Toll-Free at 1-888-MEGAMIX for more details. You can order on line as well.

With best wishes,
www.relin.com

vengatesan_s
24th October 2006, 09:30 PM
hi all
i want to buy a tilting wet grinder for home use for a family of 4-5.which brands are good?as far my knowledge goes,sowbhagya,amirtha and preethi are available in market.i tried searching on net and found mostly santha grinders which i have never heard of till now,atleast in india.
iam in india (MP).next month iam planning to visit TN.

dev
26th October 2006, 05:11 PM
many of my friends recommended LG ultra & have bought one last week... but yet to try it...

vengatesan_s
26th October 2006, 07:02 PM
what do u think about sowbhagya and amirtha? if possible plz quote the rates too. btw,howz LG ultra working?

dev
27th October 2006, 05:02 PM
Lg works fine... just tried it Y'day... Very less noise & grinds quiet well... in around 35-40 mins I could get the idli batter done... i have a 1.25ltrs grinder where u can grind a max of 750 gms of rice at a time... I generally add rice & dhal together & grind it to a smooth paste for idlis& dosa...I guess most ppl grind rice & urad dhal seperately & later mix them up....

I bought this 220 volts grinder for Rs.4040 in India... U can also buy the coconut grater & chapathi dough maker attachments seperately... chapathi dough kneader costs around Rs.300 & coconut grater around Rs.225... I have not used these attachments yet... so no comments on tht...but the marketing guy told me tht u can knead the dough(around 250 gms atta at a time) in 3 mins...

I don't have any feedback abt amritha & sowbhagya... will chk if anyone here is using it...

gaya3usa
6th February 2007, 10:37 AM
Consider Preethi Mixie - I did my research calling my family in India, friends and relatives over here in the USA, who has experience with Sumeet and Preethi Mixie

I am also reposting the below content from one of our hubber which guided and convinced me to buy Preethi Chef Pro Plus Mixie from http://www.perfectpeninsula.com

It is now almost 3 year in run with no single trouble.
The machine is very durable & trouble free performance.
The Jars .... Fine Grinding... The way I want it !

I also ordered another unit for my cousin's family for a newly wed couple last year. At that time, I also bought the New Juicer Extractor jar for $ 25.00 for myself. This jar now converts my mixie into a Juicer Machine !! None of the Indian brand mixie in market has this optional Juicer Extractor Jar !! Preethi " A Perfect Machine for my Kitchen " My cousin appreciates me often for the gift I sent for her. She admires Preethi and admits her food is tasty when compared, to grind in the US blender - Osterizer that her husband had before !

The company is now offering this Juicer Extractor Jar FREE with the purchase of Chef Pro Plus Model.
Use this link: http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/ChefProPlus.htm
I have developed confidence over this web site now, as i did not have any issue with my Credit card safety, when used online.
A well secured web site.

From a satisfied users : I recommend to make your choice for Preethi Mixie - Make it wise as these are one time buy with a price backed with Quality and durability !! The best choice !! :wink:

For your reference below is posted by one of our forum hubber

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Premkumar (@ 219.65.170.123) on: Sun Apr 18 00:57:37 EDT 2004
Four year back I bought Sumeet, Since then I have already spent more than its cost to replace its parts and repair/ service charges. The only part that I haven't repaired or replaced, is the Motor. 8 months back the motor also started to give problem. When I checked with my retailer, it was not worth to repair.
As it has already burnt my money twice the cost of the Mixie.
My only other option was to switch to another Brand. I did more research with my friends, relatives, some of my retailer store in my city and I also went online to choose the right brand.
Very few brands were short listed among that PREETHI - Chef Pro Plus was unbeatable and non compromising quality !!
Reading comments on various Forumhub thread, I finally convinced to go for Preethi Mixie.
When I Used Preethi for the first time, I was able to know the difference -
Jars & Blades are very sturdy - Salem Stainless Steel - 100% rust proof
5 multiple size Jars with excellent Grind, Serve and Store feature - Making Preethi quite distinquished for any other market brands.
Overall, Preethi is a Quality product, that suits all wet/dry or small/Big Grinding requirements
Using both Sumeet and Preethi, I am really happy with Preethi ! I would strongly recommend " Preethi " for anyone who is considering to buy a Mixie.
For more product information on Preethi literature and specification click to this link.
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/ChefProPlus.htm

I hope, by writing my bad experience about Sumeet Mixie, will bring awareness to the customers.

perfect peninsula Inc
18th April 2007, 04:23 AM
I would not recommend buying PREETHI MIXIE. The mixie works well for about a year and then tightens up. The contact in Dallas charges about $ 20 (including postal and other things) for loosening it and making it workable. She generally tries to give you some tips like dipping it in oil for a few days but it seems unworkable to me and to a couple of other friends who have been in the same position. I had both the jars go out around the one to 2 year mark (so that is a yearly cost of 40 dollars approx) which I think is a bad economic proposition. Otherwise, I guess the mixie is okay but this makes it a bad deal unless you live in Dallas.
In reply to the concern against Preethi Mixie.

To avoid this problem, we recommend you to clean the jar after each use or at least rinse the jar and clean it later, at your convenience.
This would provide you a trouble free performance and avoid maintenance requirement in the future.

Spindle / Blade assembly in the jar tightens ups due to Customer's negligence to clean the jar after each use.
The grounded food in the jar dries and slowly builds to clogs the spindle assembly rotation, that does not allow the blade to move.
Also avoid soaking the jar in water or holding water in the jar - until you clean the jar, the next day.

The NEW 2007 model Preethi Chef Pro Plus comes with a demo CD to illustrate how to Use and Clean the Jar and Mixie.
Preethi Mixie Jars are has innovative design and equipped to Easy Self Clean system / technique making it more convenient to clean ever before with less or no effort.

To learn more about Easy clean technique to clean the jar , go to www.perfectpeninsula.com