PDA

View Full Version : Putting an End to All Debates on Music - Rating Music

sureshmehcnit
16th August 2005, 02:23 PM
We music fans here debate a lot about what is good and bad in music. There has always been some evergreen debates like IR vs ARR etc., Most of the time we see extremely different opinions on music albums. As i have been writing music reviews for past two years, i came to know the Truth about the Music and how we people are rating it.

Here is the article that i wrote on this

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/rating-music.html

Come and Share your thoughts on the same and also on my opinion

RR
17th August 2005, 10:13 AM
Putting an end to debates..? You are starting it all, man.. !

I have not written about how to rate or review a music album (which i think nobody can tell correctly) but i have written just how we have been doing it.
If you are generalizing it to everyone (including me), then I'll take offense and add one more to the list of 'how we rate':

--
Based on rush of blood and first impressions
On many occassions ppl want to be the first one to get hands on album and have the first say. They just focus on how fast to get the album and write the review, and fail to give full justification to the review. That's just being kiasu! They should sit back, relax, and let the music get inside (i.e. listen, take a break, do something else, then comeback & listen. This could be over several days) before thinking about writing the review.
--

Seriously, IMO review should just be taken as comments by the person who wrote it. It's not absolute truth about the music.

coucou
17th August 2005, 07:26 PM
wait for your review on gajini!!!!