PDA

View Full Version : Yuvan's "Kanda Naal Mudhal" audio release !!

Dreamchaser
15th August 2005, 01:15 PM
Hi Guys,

Juts noticed from Galatta and CineSouth that Yuvan Shankar Raja's next expected movie audio has been launched, just previewed them from tamilnapster.com , these guys are really fast and awesome in providing us a way of listening to the songs.

Check these :

Cine South : http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/12082005-5.shtml

Galatta : http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=kanda04.txt

And you can check www.tamilnapster.com for listening to those songs, specially last song is really awesome ! You guys shud give a try to it.

Thanks,
DC

MrJudge
15th August 2005, 03:05 PM
Dreamchaser,

Yes, the whole album is good. I think with PCSreeram's camera work they will be amazing to watch. are you talking about 'pushing it hard'? that song is the best hip-hop song in tamil so far.

coucou
15th August 2005, 04:39 PM
are you talking about 'pushing it hard'? that song is the best hip-hop song in tamil so far.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

MADDY
15th August 2005, 05:17 PM
"are you talking about 'pushing it hard'? that song is the best hip-hop song in tamil so far."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :D

Dreamchaser
15th August 2005, 05:18 PM
I have not heard hip rap albums. but still it was good !
I even heard boomeranx album from their site which is India's first hip hop album !

MrJudge
15th August 2005, 05:59 PM
are you talking about 'pushing it hard'? that song is the best hip-hop song in tamil so far.

sirippu oru puram irukkattum.... have you listened to the album? What's your opinion? atleast above average?

rsubras
15th August 2005, 08:15 PM
I have not heard hip rap albums. but still it was good !

very good judging / commenting

inimel review/judgement lam ippadi kodunga........ i havent watched the film...but still it is very nice...... i havent seen the girl..but still she is very beautiful........

coucou
15th August 2005, 08:56 PM
[tscii:9f169adc61]

sirippu oru puram irukkattum.... have you listened to the album? What's your opinion? atleast above average?

of course!!! i don't comment if i don't listen :) i like The song 'merkke' and song of shreya. IT IS BETTER THAN OKK. others are average. but i listened once time. it take a time for the songs grown on me. but i dàon't say the last song is hip hop.[/tscii:9f169adc61]

rags141
15th August 2005, 09:35 PM
The songs are just too good.....YSR is just getting better with each new album that is getiing released...."PUSHING IT" is really a good hip-hop number...Except for "Erimalai Naney" all other songs are good...

My pick in the album is "Pani Thuli"....the melody just blows you off....

Hats off to YSR.....

popeye11
15th August 2005, 10:11 PM
Wow What an Album! .. This album is worth buying.. All songs are fantastic! Yuvan Rules!!!!!
Pani Thuli is simply superb and so is Merke Merke
Good try on Hip Hop Stuff! This album just rocks!

Great Job .. Hatss off to YUVAN!!!!

njv
15th August 2005, 10:14 PM
Yuvan rocks here. After disappointing (to me) OKK, good album by YSR. I am sure YSR will charge double after this!

Kumanan
15th August 2005, 10:37 PM
Merke Merke Merkae than... nice song (My pick of the album :)) Gives good scope for Shankarmahathevan to sing his way outside usual 'Vaa vaa', 'Manmatha rasa' routine songs(After... Neeyaa Pesiyathu in Thirumalai...which was good too). Lyrics are not bad for this song, Is it Na.Muthukumar?

MrJudge
15th August 2005, 11:21 PM
Except for "Erimalai Naney" all other songs are good...

My pick in the album is "Pani Thuli"....the melody just blows you off....

Believe me you will love this song after couple of times. Yes, panithuli is just too good.

Yuvan rocks here. After disappointing (to me) OKK, good album by YSR. I am sure YSR will charge double after this!

I think the songs of OKK are composed to reflect the movie's mood and feel. The instrumentals are minimal and he has also predominantly used piano in couple of songs. They will be good on screen and gel with the story.

Lyrics are not bad for this song, Is it Na.Muthukumar?

All are written by Thamarai.

Sanjeevi
15th August 2005, 11:57 PM
:D
Nice to see positive reviews
:D

Yuvan Rulz

baba88
16th August 2005, 01:54 AM
Hello,

I heard the songs of KNM.
Many people are saying that Pushing it Hard is the best tamil rap song the heard. But I don't think that they listen Rap/Hip Hop english music. So they can't know that the song is a copy of many english songs. One rapper in this song sings "I got the magic sticke, I am the Love Doctor". This copied the lyrics, too. Listen to Candy shop of 50 Cent. So don't think that Yuvan composed this song.

njv
16th August 2005, 09:35 AM
In today's suntv interview Yuvan introduced Premji, and mentioned that all rap pieces in his movies are composed by Premji only.

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2005, 01:13 AM
Chance illa songs ..One of the best from Yuvan ..Esp Pani Thuli ,Kanda Naal Muthaal ,Push it hard are amazing !!!

coucou
17th August 2005, 01:17 PM
[tscii:063d77ff8b]'Kanda Naal Mudhal' – music release function with pics
Prakshraj is a villain only in films. In real life, he has a heart of gold, as was evident from the speeches of VIPs at the music release function of 'Kanda Naal Mudhal'.

There wasn't an inch of space, the Taj Connemara hotel was overflowing with people from the film world. The occasion was the music release function of 'Kanda Naal Mudhal' directed by Priya and produced by Prakashraj. .

The producer, director, actors and technicians were all clad in black and stood out from the rest of the crowd. Prakashraj's wife Lalithakumari was also clad in black. She was at the hotel lobby welcoming the guests. The heroine Laila was dressed like a little girl and attracted attention to herself because of this.

The people present included actors Vijay and Surya, actresses Trisha, Sanghavi, Sangeeta, directors Bharatiraja and K S Ravikumar and many other stars.

The function was rather unique because the national award winners were first felicitated after which the music release took place. Bharatiraja gave away mementos to Cheran, Prabhudeva, Kutty of 'Dancer' fame, Vidyasagar and Santosh Sivan. Director Ramana accepted the memento on behalf of Pa Vijay. Bharatiraja gave a speech after that.

"Even though his mother tongue is not Tamil, Prakashraj has done a lot for Tamil cinema. The hard earned money from his other regional films goes into films he makes at Kodambakkam. He is not only a good actor, he is also a good human being who helps any person in need. Thinking differently like Kamal and Parthiban, Prakashraj can be termed an eccentric intellectual," praised Bharatiraja. Prakashraj folded his hands in acknowledgement as waves of joy spread across his face.

Director Bala said, "As an actor, there are many more things Cheran has to learn. But as a director, he deserved to get best director award for his film 'Autograph'", thus pointing out Cheran's minus and plus points.

The music of 'Kanda Naal Mudhal' was played and everyone including Yuvan Shankar Raja's wife enjoyed the songs.

Finally, producer Prakashraj and director Priya thanked all those present.

[/tscii:063d77ff8b]

interz
17th August 2005, 03:18 PM
all songs are ok, but some of the parts in pushing it hard is taken from a mtv rap song, maybe thong song by sisco or ciara (cant remember the title) song.

alias
17th August 2005, 07:36 PM
I am really sad to say Priya has failed in extracting good songs from Yuvan. She happens to be my Thalaivar's assistant but she could not get half of what Mani could have done with Yuvan. I think it needs couple of listening to start liking 1 or 2 songs. I think OKK is better in yuvan album.

Sanjeevi
17th August 2005, 10:58 PM
Listening to KNM songs :D

Sanjeevi
18th August 2005, 01:44 PM
Review :

1) Kanda naal muthalai

Sung by Subiksha. I don't know her before. It is a classical number in which ysr tried with western type rhythms like ARR did in kadhalan. Not so impressive at the same time not a bored one. It may be a likable one while viewing in screen. :wink:

2) Pani thuli

Again a mind blowing melody from YSR sung by my fav Shreya & Kay Kay. It has IR flavour which makes this sone richness. It starts with the "Karu Karu" chorus which is nice and later also comes. Shreya & Kay Kay did their job neatly. Thamarai has done with some notable lines.

Unnai naanum ennai neeyum engae enru thedinom
Nammai sutri kuttam vanthum thaniyanom
Thanimaiyil nenjukulae pesalanom
Pesum pothey pesum pothey mounamanom (nice).

:D :D

3) Erimalai Nanae

A fight song sung by Shankar Mahadevan & Vasundara Dass. Nothing great. :?

4) Merkey Merkey

The second best song of this album is a nice melody. This song which sung by Shankar mahadevan & Sadhana sargam, may be first for some fans. Like en anbaey song, this is a notable Shankar & YSR combo. :D :D

5) Coo Cooena

It is a fast number and is a different duet with anti and naughty comments for hero / heroine lines. It is a OK song. With good picturisation it should be more interesting one. :D

6) Pushing it hard

YSR has tried a rap song like ARR did in Kadhalan, love birds. It has some similarities with the punnagai poovae song previously did by YSR. It is like a "pattimanram" with topic "Mariage is good or not". I think that it may become another "Thee Pidikka" for youth. :D

This album lies between 7GRC and Dass.

YSR has given all songs having more scopes for picturisation. After a long time, a film comes with PC Sriram.

Kumanan
18th August 2005, 07:44 PM
Kandanal muthal song gets you after listening couple of times. The interludes first by flute then by sax is nice. My pics in the order...
1)Merkey Merkey
2)Kanda naal muthalai
3)Pani thuli

Cinefan
19th August 2005, 04:04 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7728.html

Music review.

Sanjeevi
19th August 2005, 07:16 PM
Yuvan disappointed with picturisation of 2 pudukottaiyilirunthu saravanan songs.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/08/19/stories/2005081900240200.htm

coolcrave
20th August 2005, 09:52 AM
:D yet another great musical treat by YSR, actually pushing it hard.,,...contains flavours of various western rap and hip-hop but the most evident is "clubbin" by marque houston ft. joe budden....(view vc http://music.yahoo.com/ar-298126-videos--Marques-Houston yahoo login id required). You can find the whole flavour of the song from 2:44 onwards. Kanda naal mudhalai is a great classical fusion..the song has heavy techno beats, and woven around raga madhuvanthi, a deshya janya raga derived from dharmavathi scale. The popular hindustani raga evokes karuna (longing) emotion. The lyrics are simply superb for this song..very soothing to listen. Good attempt at whole :wink:

sureshmehcnit
22nd August 2005, 09:37 AM
http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/kanda-naal-muthal-music-review.html

alias
7th September 2005, 10:37 PM
After continously listening to this album, I have started liking this album. But there are 3 songs which are defintely inspired by ARR.

1. Title song - Same concept as Alai Paduthey kanna.
2. Eree Malai - Strawberry kanne from MK. Same concept and same style of music.
3. Pushing it hard - Boys inspired

But overall it is a good album. My pick is Pani Thuli, Koooku and Eree Malai Nane. Shankar voice in Kooku is better than Eree Malai.

ezy0265
8th September 2005, 01:29 PM
Dear alias!!!!

We are not at all convinced by your attempt to lessen Yuvan's tremondous success in recent times, and we perfectly understand the feelings of die hard ARR fans like you. I can only feel sorry for you. Well we all hope that ARR will get back to his form, and not give a sh*tty crab like Ahh..Ahh...(the actual sound of listeners in pain! when listening to his horrible tunes!)

But one thing is definite my dear friend. You are definitely inspired by all the Sh*t that you must be eating to come up with such baseless claims of Yuvan's inspiration.

Good luck to you....

rsubras
8th September 2005, 02:34 PM
Dear alias!!!!

We are not at all convinced by your attempt to lessen Yuvan's tremondous success in recent times, and we perfectly understand the feelings of die hard ARR fans like you. I can only feel sorry for you. Well we all hope that ARR will get back to his form, and not give a sh*tty crab like Ahh..Ahh...(the actual sound of listeners in pain! when listening to his horrible tunes!)

But one thing is definite my dear friend. You are definitely inspired by all the Sh*t that you must be eating to come up with such baseless claims of Yuvan's inspiration.

Good luck to you....

Dear ezy,
We are not at all convinced by your attempt to show yourself as a decent hubber and we perfectly understand the feelings of a die-hard anti-ARR ppl like you. I can only feel sorry for you. Well we all hope, that you get to talk decent and not fill your statements with stars.

But one thing is definite my dear friend. You are definitely inspired by all the dirty things happening in those forums to come up with such star studded talk to a fellow hubber.

Good luck to you...

MADDY
8th September 2005, 04:50 PM
rsubras, that is the only way that IR fans can talk when put under pressure..........i have seen IR-fans working in a s/w firm and aging around 30's posting such gawdy mesgs....i think YSR fans r none but those IR fans who use him a weapon to tackle ever-growing personna of Allah Rakha Rahman.......

but i must say, alias, watever u and me will say abt YSR and IR will not be accepted as our fanatism for ARR has dissolved our neutral take on IR's and YSR's music......their fans wont accept our statements........i think u shuld understand it by now.....

alias
8th September 2005, 07:48 PM
Dear ezy, I am eating the same *hit what you are eating (being an S Indian and we have similiar food I hope). If you think these inspiration which I levelled against YSR is untrue then prove it, instead dont talk like the regular IR-YSR fans do. If you want to save YSR back, then ask him to compose something original or atleast copy his dad's old song and compose like he is doing now. Most of the IR fans does not want him to do remixes but his son is already handling it (probably with the consent of his dad who cannot do it any more).And dont talk rubbish about Aa Aaha since it is infinite times better than any albums released recently including your combo (IR-YSR).

Dont you think it is shame that Father-Son cannot be beat this genius. Go and hang yourself in shame. probably ask the whole family to compose together, atleast lets see if they can beat ARR :lol:

And thanks Subras and Maddy, I know these guys are jeleous of ARR success and failure of their MDs.

Dragun
9th September 2005, 04:11 AM
The beginning of Merke Merke sounds like the beginning of "Give in to Me" by Michael Jackson (from the Dangerous album).

Pushing it Hard is silly. "Spin that shit up" LOL :-)

Shankar
9th September 2005, 09:45 AM
>>>>>>>
that is the only way that IR fans can talk when put under pressure...
<<<<<<<

oh here you go again, maddy! When are you gonna come out of these sweeping generalization ?!?!

Did you check ur PM ?

Shankar
9th September 2005, 09:54 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>
Dont you think it is shame that Father-Son cannot be beat this genius. Go and hang yourself in shame.
<<<<<<<<<<<

who beats whom, and in what....If you are talking about physically bashing up someone, may be the father-son duo can't :-)...Your fav director shankar himself admitted (neither Raja nor his fans need any certificate from shankar, but people like you believe and worship him, don't you ?..bcos he uses arr) in the vaali's felicitation,
quoting him - "the most popular song in Asia" (not sure about that), was composed by Raja and penned by vaali.

your man too tried to come up with an OST (purely instru 'mental' album) called WOHE (a supposedly international project - my left foot !), and it sank without a trace...I'm sure the sales figure of WOHE won't even be half the figures of those "ringtone" albums by Raja (mind you - WOHE was an "international" project)...Forget about comparing the figures with TbI, let them first match the ringtone-album sales.

Shankar
9th September 2005, 09:55 AM
...and don't ever bring sales figure to compare MDs anymore, alias...Ghilli holds the record for the maximum sales in the recent times, does it mean you can compare kannathil muthamittAl with ghilli ?!?!

MrJudge
9th September 2005, 10:44 AM
"probably ask the whole family to compose together, atleast lets see if they can beat ARR"

hahha, good joke. :)

From 2000- till date, arr has been delivering only flops in tfm. And he is all set to continue to do so. He does not have any international projects as he/his fans claimed, flopped in hindi. He has no other go and finally running back to tfm. How can you beat a dead snake? Not only the whole family, even one person beating a dead snake is called stupidity.

rsubras
9th September 2005, 12:41 PM
TRUTH ABOUT WOHE

Kindly note, the following comments are not from NRIs or ppl anyway connected to India

From http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00020W0Z6/103-3578423-0289444?v=glance

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
The rise of Bollywood soundtracks in the West has led to an increased awareness of the unique and often kitschy music and their composers, which have a popularity in India that rivals that of top pop stars in the West. With hundreds of song credits ranging from ad jingles or film soundtracks, as well as the music for the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Bollywood Dreams, the 38-year-old Rahman's resume is such that he's now considered one of the great composers of India. Based on his original score to the film Warriors Of Heaven And Earth, this album adaptation is Rahman's first full-fledged orchestral work. Eschewing tabla and sitar cliques, Rahman takes in influences of Turkey and China as well as India and integrates them into sweeping orchestral arrangements that recall the East-meets-West panoramic beauty of the The Last Emperor soundtrack. Rahman has the rare ability to articulate complex emotions without lyrics, and Between Heaven And Earth is the work of this master in full bloom. --Tad Hendrickson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful:

The Genius of the Heart, June 18, 2004
Reviewer: S. Ferguson - See all my reviews

Although I am a native American who grew up in Texas on Lightin' Hopkins and Ray Charles, with a diverse taste in music from Mozart to Bill Evans to Emmy Lou Harris, I now listen primarily to A.R. Rahman - and frankly have just about lost interst in any other music.

Rahman is the genius of melody and subtle percussion. His music has evolved out of India, but it also comes from what must be his personal enormous heart-felt love for all of life, humanity and God. His grasp of the eternal and the transcendental in melody will bring tears to your eyes and long lost feelings into your heart.

Rahman is a superstar composer worldwide, loved by literally millions, and appreciated by great musicians in every country all over the planet. I'm delighted SONY has released this, because not only is it breathtaking, magical music that draws you into far away exotic realms, but it is commercially accessible to us as westerners and perhaps it will introduce many more to the Genius of the Heart - A.R. Rahman.

I can't say enough good things about his music. Look him up on the internet - there are dozens of websites devoted to him, his music, and his remarkable life. A modern day Orpheus, India's Mozart - Awesome!

From, http://www.beijingportal.com.cn/7838/2004/12/08/1821@2413178.htm

In addition, other Chinese films such as Cell Phone and Warriors of Heaven and Earth also achieved commercial success.

alias
9th September 2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks RSubras.... That clearly show those ringtones composed by IR is no way near the instrumental music composed by ARR in WOHE. Only Tamilians will listen to those ringtones album and whole world listens to WOHE. So there is the proof that IR cannot beat even in his strong area (which he considers it).

If Shankar says the song penned by vaali is famous through out Asia, is it famous? Just to make vaali happy, he would have mentioned that. What proof did he produce for his statement? IR songs are limited to South Indians and no one outside these community will ever hear IR.

And I will gladly accept that KM is a commercial failure compare to GHilli but did Gilli won national award for best music? If So, then I will call Gilli superior to KM but since it did not..we will say Ghilli is a commercial success album but KM is a superior album which does not need commercial success. Gilli became famous due to Vijay-Dharini combo and the songs are nothing but cheap dhapaghuthus which currently is running as hot favour. If thats the case Manmada Rasa beats Gilli since it is more famous than Gilli Songs.

Judge, Nee Sandeley Sindhu Padve nu theriyum... You have no rights to tell about ARR since your YSR is continously delivering 3 flops in a row. Atleast ARR delivers 3 flops at different times but your thalai beats that too. And regarding beating ARR, even IR's grandson will not be able to touch ARR :lol:

MADDY
9th September 2005, 08:29 PM
shanki, i did not receive any PM......can u resend it or send a msg to sudhir_resumes@rediffmail.com .....(sudhir underscore resumes)u r most welcome....

even i hate generalisation, but kya kare most of IR fans lose temper very soon......neways i think IR/YSR fans r driven by a diff set of ideologies and ARR fans r driven by a totally new one....i think we shuld be more tolerant towards each other's views(that includes me as well).....

alias and co, come on lets pack up from here, let YSR fans post here peacefully......

MrJudge
11th September 2005, 08:53 AM
Judge, Nee Sandeley Sindhu Padve nu theriyum... You have no rights to tell about ARR since your YSR is continously delivering 3 flops in a row. Atleast ARR delivers 3 flops at different times but your thalai beats that too. And regarding beating ARR, even IR's grandson will not be able to touch ARR :lol:

YSR giving continuous flops? hahha, you keep dreaming. Dishing out continous flops and spacing them out at different times by ARR is appreciable and a welcome trend. :lol:

Regarding IR's grandson to touch ARR, yes, there is no chance. The simple reason was given in my prev. message, thanks for your understanding.

karthik_sa2
14th October 2005, 11:48 PM
kanda naal mudhal songs r awsome

thumburu
12th January 2006, 03:45 PM
Saw KNM, a decent family entertainer at PVR Bangalore. I heard all the songs for the first time and I must admit YSR was a big force to reckon. Most of the songs got me hooked on my first listen itself.
"Kanda NaaL" is lovely , set to Madhuvanthi raga and this song haunts me ever since I left the movie hall.
Pani thuLi is another melodious number with a very very impressive chorus . Even the hip hop rap "pushing me hard" is foot tapping.
I should point about few black spots as I love KNM songs
1. He should immediately stop aping substandard works of ARR like "September madham". Why? He has immense talent and potential to come up with nice stuff himself.
2. The western beats used in the classical song seemed incongruous. Mridhangam would have enhanced it further.

Sundar12345
12th January 2006, 06:05 PM
all the songs are really good.
His music is keeping on a great improvement track.

Scale
16th January 2006, 10:10 PM
YSRajavai KANDA NAAL MUDHAL,

PUSHING IT HARD :rotfl:

http://tringtring.blogspot.com/2006/01/yo-yo-listen-to-dis.html

vijayr
17th January 2006, 12:07 AM
thumburu, kanda naal mudhal is not a YSR composition, its an existing carnatic composition which he has just re-mixed.

thumburu
17th January 2006, 01:11 PM
Adhaane paathen !!! That is really not surprising given yuvan's track record of keeping a safe distance from carnatic music :))

Dreamchaser
11th February 2006, 03:26 PM
Download the Kana Naal Mudhal MP3 Songs @ http://www.tamilnapster.com/forums/2005/188-kanda-naal-mudhal.html

DC