SURESH90
14th August 2005, 07:33 AM
OK

interz
17th August 2005, 08:08 PM
cuz they think its good business

lordstanher
18th August 2005, 07:57 PM
I think Southie movies today hav gone just as bad as B'wood ones in the way they depict their actresses......or even worse cos in B'wood movies they show actresses exposing in Western attires........but in Tamil/most South movies today they depict even a simple, trad'nl, innocent village girl happily stripping off her Saree/Half-Saree during a song! :evil:
This is even worse as they r insulting their own traditions/culture by projecting women of their culture in this way........as the Tamil saying goes, they r throwing mud onto their own heads!
I don't evn know if censor boards exist in the South today......??

Sandeep
6th September 2005, 02:26 PM
Its a simple Demand and Supply process.

rehan
12th September 2005, 01:41 PM
well..u gotta apply the economic concepts here..where there is a demand,there is always an over excessive supply..the movie goers have laid a strong foundation that they are going for the story as secondary objective..the primary objective as been how sexy the actress is?how much cencored scenes are there?one can imagine the amount of publicity of a movie if its said that the movie has kissing scenes,bathing scenes and faced the axe of the censorship board..generally our ppl will make sure they catch the movie 1st hand in the theatre(a blow for the piracy though).so the influx of the sexy skins in the movie are simply bcos of the viewers..they demanding it..without which the movie goes haywire..so the mind setting of the ppl have to be changed if u wan the movie to potray actress in full cloth..or else...soon playboy will acquire stakes in kollywood...

Kollywoodfan
12th December 2005, 09:27 AM
It's the domino effect!!

Hollywood :arrow: Bollywood :arrow: Kollywood (and all the other "woods" down south)

:oops: :oops:

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 10:05 AM
//all the other "woods" down south//

Not all :)

Alien
12th December 2005, 10:07 AM
//all the other "woods" down south//

Not all :)
Is malayalam industry called mollywood ?
:wink:

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 10:08 AM
or we can call it malluwood :lol:

Alien
12th December 2005, 10:09 AM
:lol: then fine
Anyway, but she(kollywoodfan) was right 8-)

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 10:13 AM
How come, any examples.

Alien
12th December 2005, 10:49 AM
She said "all the other "woods" down south"....
And the south indian film industry that don't expose is Malayalam, I believe, and that's not adressed with a postfix "wood" :lol:...so there, shez rite..........
Ok, if u r not convinced, then u give counter ex:- :wink:

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 11:26 AM
Ok you argument convine me, by the way why is tamil industry called Kollywood shouldnt it be Tollywood, or Tozhiwood

Alien
12th December 2005, 01:28 PM
I think, tamil industry being called Kollywood, has got something to do with "Kodambaakkam" :?: ...I think it was derived from that word, thus "K"ollywood :P

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 02:55 PM
bengali movie industry is also called kollywood after Kolkata.

Alien
12th December 2005, 03:09 PM
Is it? Ok, then I'm clueless ....

Lambretta
12th December 2005, 09:32 PM
Ok you argument convine me, by the way why is tamil industry called Kollywood shouldnt it be Tollywood, or Tozhiwood
Didn't u know, Tollywood is already taken by Telugu film industry! :wink: :P

Kollywoodfan
13th December 2005, 02:04 AM
She said "all the other "woods" down south"....
And the south indian film industry that don't expose is Malayalam, I believe, and that's not adressed with a postfix "wood" :lol:...so there, shez rite..........
Ok, if u r not convinced, then u give counter ex:- :wink:

I'm happy now!! :D

Sandeep
13th December 2005, 07:04 AM
Didn't u know, Tollywood is already taken by Telugu film industry! :wink: :P

Yes Tollywood is alreadu taken by telungu movie industry. I guess we are out of names