PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Honey & Cinnamon

Oldposts
22nd November 2004, 11:48 AM
Topic started by sarah (@ phantom.pr.sun.com) on Wed Jul 23 21:54:28 .

Honey & Cinnamon

Introduction

It is found that mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures most of the diseases.
Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world.

Ayurvedic as well as Yunani medicine have been using honey as a vital medicine for centuries.
Scientists of today also accept honey as a Ram Ban (very effective) medicine for all kinds of diseases.
Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases.
Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients also.
A famous magazine named Weekly World News published in Canada dated 17 January, 95 has given a list of diseases that can be cured by Honey and Cinnamon as researched by western scientists.

Arthritis
Take one part honey to two parts of luke warm water and add a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder, make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body slowly.
It is noticed that the pain recedes within a minute or two.
Or arthritis patients may daily, morning and night take one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
If drunk regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.
In a recent research done at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

Hair Loss
Those suffering from hair loss or baldness, may apply a paste of hot olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath and keep it for approx. 15 min. and then wash the hair.
It was found very effective if kept for 5 mins. also.
Bladder Infections
Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of luke warm water and drink it.
It destroys the germs of the bladder.

Toothache
Make a paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey and apply on the aching tooth.
This may be done 3 times a day daily till such time that the tooth has stopped aching.

Cholesterol
Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, if given to a cholesterol patient, it reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours.
As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken 3 times a day any chronic cholesterol is cured.
As per the information received in the said journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complains of cholesterol.

Colds
Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon luke warm honey with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days.
This process will cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses.

Infertility
Yunani and Ayurvedic have been using honey for years in medicine to strengthen the semen of men.
If impotent men regularly take two tablespoon of honey before sleeping, their problem will be solved.
In China, Japan and Far-East countries, women who do not conceive and to strengthen the uterus have been taking cinnamon powder for centuries.
Women who cannot conceive may take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half teaspoon of honey and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day, so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.
A couple in Merryland, America had no children for 14 years and had left hope of having a child of their own.
When told about this process husband and wife started taking honey and cinnamon as stated above, the wife conceived after a few months and had twins at full term.

Upset Stomach
Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.
GAS : According to the studies done in India & Japan, it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

Heart Diseases
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread or chappati instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast.
It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack.
Also those who have already had an attack, if they do this process daily, are kept miles away from the next attack.
Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat.
In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that due to the increasing age the arteries and veins which lose their flexibility and get clogged are revitalized.

Immune System
Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks.
Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts.
Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.
Indigestion
Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food, relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.

Influenza
A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ingredient which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

Longevity
Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly arrests the ravages of old age.
Take 4 spoons of honey, 1spoon of cinnamon powder and 3 cups of water and boil to make like tea.
Drink 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age.
Life span also increases and even if a person is 100 years old, starts performing the chores of a 20 year old.

Pimples
Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste.
Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water.
If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.

Skin Infections
Eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections are cured by applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts.

Weight Loss
Daily in the morning, 1/2 hour before breakfast on an empty stomach and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup water.
If taken regularly it reduces the weight of even the most obese person.
Also drinking of this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

Cancer
Recent research in Japan and Australia has reveled that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully.
Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month 3 times a day.

Fatigue
Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful than detrimental to the body strength.
Senior citizens who take honey and cinnamon power in equal parts are more alert and flexible.
Dr. Milton who has done research says that half tablespoon honey taken in one glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3.00 p.m. when the vitality of the body starts decreasing, increases the vitality of the body within a week.

Bad Breath
People of South America, first thing in the morning gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water.
So their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
Hearing Loss
Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder taken in equal parts restores hearing.

Oldposts
22nd November 2004, 11:49 AM
Old responses (http://forumhub.com/southfood/19618.19796.21.54.28.html)

Oldposts
Hi, I want to know about weight loss using honey and cinnamon. Would you please let me know the quantity to be taken and whether honey and cinnamon or only cinnamon should be boiled in water. Thanks.

Oldposts
I read the article about using honey and cinnamon for weight lose but could u tell me the amount of honey and cinnamon and whether the both should be boiled together.

Oldposts
I began taking honey and cinnamon two weeks ago, and have had fantastic results. I have more energy now, and my heart used to jump out of rythym daily. And now since taking honey and cinnamon it has only gone into fibrillation two times, and that for only a few minutes.

My son Ron, who is 43 yrs old has had Artheritis half his life, and the pain has been miserable. Since he has been taking it, his pain is much less, and his energy has increased. We are grateful for this seemingly miracle source.

Oldposts
I began taking honey and cinnamon two weeks ago, and have had fantastic results. I have more energy now, and my heart used to jump out of rythym daily. And now since taking honey and cinnamon it has only gone into fibrillation two times, and that for only a few minutes.

My son Ron, who is 43 yrs old has had Artheritis half his life, and the pain has been miserable. Since he has been taking it, his pain is much less, and his energy has increased. We are grateful for this seemingly miracle source.

Oldposts
Hi, I want to know about weight loss using honey and cinnamon. Would you please let me know the quantity to be taken and whether honey and cinnamon or only cinnamon should be boiled in water

Oldposts
THANKS, I AM GOING TO START SOON

Oldposts
Hi All

I got this article from a health website and thought it might be useful for the forum hubbers. Am sorry that am not able to answer your queries on the proportion and dosage etc.

Sarah

Oldposts
I was wondering if anyone could give me the Tamil names for these vegetables:

Alfalfa Sprouts , Arugula , Bok Choy , Boston Lettuce , Celery , Chicory , Chives , Endive , Escarole , Fennel , Jicama , Mache , Morels , Posse Pied , Radiccio , Radishes , Romaine , Sorrel.

I found this on the Atkins Diet webpage but I don't know what vegetables are they referring to.

Thanks for your help!

Oldposts
HOW MANY TIMES IN A WEEK I HAVE TO APPLY THE PASTE OF OLIVE OIL, HONEY & CINNAMON PWDER TO HAIR FOR HAIR LOSS AS i HAVE TO SHAMPOO HAIR AFTER EACH APPLICATION.

Oldposts
I find the healing properties of Honey & Cinnamon very interesting. Could you please tell me if it can be used by Diabetics and how.

Thanks!!

Oldposts
Kindly let me know how many times in a week should I apply honey, cinnamon & olive oil to my hair.

Oldposts
I read you article on honey and cinnamon i thought it was very interesting indeed but could you tell me how muc of both and should they be boiled together.
I would also like to mention that i bought some of your tian tian herbal tea a few weeks as yet to see any results in weight loss.

Oldposts
Fennel is called Sombu in Tamil.

Oldposts
Testing

Oldposts
Hi , I have a good Document on this Health Topic, i don't know how to upload here.

Oldposts
cinnamon in tamil is Lavangam

Oldposts
hi
i saw the site it's really helpful,but i'm having few querries i hope you'll be able to answer them.i would like to know that how many no.of times i have to use the mixture of cinnamon,honey and olive oil as well as when i'll be able to see the results,should i keep continue it even when my hair gets better?
one more query..when we use to mix honey with olive oil and cinnamon powder,honey seems bit seperate,mostly it'll be at the bottom and oil be on the surface and even, if you try to mix it'll be like that. so is their any way through which we can make a mixture of same consistency?

Oldposts
Cinnamon is not Lavangam in Tamil.Cinnamon is "PATTAI" Lavangam is "Kraambu" in Tamil.

Oldposts
Hi, Would you please let me know the quantity of cinnamon and honey to be boiled in water for weight loss? Thanx

Oldposts
I have read your info. on all the benefits. Not once did I read that it may help. It always said it will relieve this or that. How many blind studies have been done to base this on 100% cure or almost always cures result? Mind over matter or if you don't mind it doesn't matter!!!!

Oldposts
yes I would like a response.

Oldposts
has anyone had any success stories with this stuff?

Oldposts
well, i try the honey and cinnamon paste for preventing pimples in two weeks and it was effective. i don't have pimples anymore. try it!

Oldposts
what about diabetic people. Is Cinamen and honey combination helpful to them? If so, how? Kinldy explain.

Oldposts
For weight loss, how much honey and cinnamon do you use, a teaspoon, tablespoon, etc. and should it be in an 8 oz. cup? Also, do you have to drink it hot or can you drink it warm?

Oldposts
Thanks for the info.really interesting that honey/cinnamon can do so many wonderful things. what if there is cloves and nutmgeg mixed with them, can you then only use for food. i happen to have made more ground spices than needed and was wondering how to use it.any suggestions??

Oldposts
My mom and best friend are using honey and cinnamon since the Vioxx recall. Granted they are taking an alternative drug (Celebrex), but in a lower dosage with the cinnamon and honey and under the supervision of their doctor. The idea is to ween them selvesoff the drugs and see if honey/cinnamon can altogether replace them. It may take a month or 2 to show any results that are clearly the result of the honey/cinnamon alone, but I will keep you posted. Note: Their doctor told them NOT to microwave the honey and cinnamon, just the water. He said microwaving the them destroyed some of the beneficial properties. He said adding them to the water after nuking was fine.

Oldposts
For weight loss how much of honey and cinnamon do I need to use,
do I just add the honey and cinnamon powder to
the boiling water or do I boil it together

Oldposts
Please could you tell me for hair loss how much olive oil, honey and cinamin to use.
Also for hearing loss how much honey and how much cinammon to use
Please let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks

Oldposts
what amount of cinnamon & honey should be used for weight loss.

Oldposts
1 teaspoon of each will do...and add them to boiled water

Oldposts
check out this site for more benefits of honey and cinnamon.
http://www.cinnamonpills.com/index.htm

Oldposts
For weight loss how much of honey and cinnamon do I need to use,
do I just add the honey and cinnamon powder to
the boiling water or do I boil it together
How much water?
<a name="last"></a>

nirmala
29th November 2004, 09:34 PM
Hi please let me know the quantities of honey & cinnamon requried

for weight loss
thankyou
nirmala

nirmala
29th November 2004, 09:38 PM
Hi please let me know the quantities of honey & cinnamon requried

for weight loss
thankyou
nirmala

nirmala
30th November 2004, 06:38 PM
hello

i have not yet received the reply to my question.please let me know the ratio in which i should mix honey and cinnamon for weight loss as it is not mentioned in your reply letter.also let me know whether to boil them or only mix in hot water for weight loss

ysr
2nd December 2004, 10:41 PM
I would like to know if one can drink honey & Cinnamon mixture for weight loss while one is pregnant? also i heard about honey in warm lime water is also a good weight loss remedy. can one drink these mixtures while one is pregnant.
Waiting for ur reply..
regards,
ysr.

Rakhi
18th December 2004, 12:50 AM
hi ysr,
you should not try to lose weight during pregnancy!!!
It is dangerous for the baby...you can lose weight after delivery.You should consult your doctor for more info.

Mad Max
31st December 2004, 10:28 AM
This article was also published in the Indian Express Chennai Edition a few months back.

I know a friend who had acid reflux after heavy meals since he was a kid. He started taking the honey/cinnamon mix and since then he has never had this problem. One teaspoon of honey mixed with a pinch of cinnamon powder digests the heaviest of meals. This is one of the great wonders of natural medicine.

US
1st January 2005, 01:02 PM
Hi Mad Max , My husband also has severe acid reflux. Can you please tell me when this should be taken before or after meals.

Thanks and Regards
US

Mad Max
31st January 2005, 06:09 AM
Hi Mad Max , My husband also has severe acid reflux. Can you please tell me when this should be taken before or after meals.

Thanks and Regards
USI am sorry I did not notice this question until today. You should have PM'd me.

You must have finely grinded cinnamon powder and honey for this. Take a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of cinnamon powder (the maximum amount that you can hold between your thumb and forefinger) and sprinkle it on the honey. Mix them together thoroughly with your finger and take it 3 or 4 minutes before you have your food.

Please note that I am not a doctor. Any serious acid reflux problem must be treated with professional medical help. But try this method also and see if it helps. I have seen in my experience that this helps a lot.

US
2nd February 2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks Mad Max for the response. sure will give it a try.

Thanks and Regards
US

anu_rai
4th February 2005, 09:21 AM
:lol: Hi everyone. I'm a new member to this hub and this honey and cinammon topic attracted me most.
I have one question here. Is there cinammon powder in the market? or I should grind the cinammon to become powder? Can i?
i really hope that someone could answer me.

US
4th February 2005, 09:36 AM
Hi anu rai, If you are in US you can buy cinnamon powder which is readily available in indian grocery stores.

US

anu_rai
4th February 2005, 09:53 AM
Hi!
thanks for quick reply
actually, i'm staying in Malaysia and not sure wheather can get the powder. So, can i grind it? :?:

Mad Max
6th February 2005, 09:04 AM
Hi!
thanks for quick reply
actually, i'm staying in Malaysia and not sure wheather can get the powder. So, can i grind it? :?:

If possible try to grind it on your own. The powder that you get from the store may have other ingredients and also may not be fresh.

baba
17th April 2005, 08:53 PM
After I read about this topic, I started taking Honey and Cinnamon in the morning on empty stomach. An hour or so, I get stomach pain and subsides after some time. What could be the problem, you think? Is it the quantity or some kind of side effects????

Thanks in advance for replies.....

RR
17th August 2006, 02:48 PM
On drinking Honey & Cinnamon 1/2 hour before breakfast and before bed to lose weight...How much honey & cinnamon are you suppose to use? The article doesn't state this information...thanks!

Blueyes <Badblueyes@aol.com>

ayeshasadique
18th August 2006, 05:49 PM
recently, when in india, my blood test reports said, i have high cholestrol....i was wondering how to treat this with little effort :P (iam really lazy..) now ianm going to try this honey and cinnamon, i sincerely hope it works for me...:)

yosh
11th September 2006, 12:20 PM
Hi!
thanks for quick reply

Hi Anu, I bought it from Supermarket ( Tesco). I'm sure it is available in all supermarkets.

Anoushka
11th September 2006, 02:06 PM
recently, when in india, my blood test reports said, i have high cholestrol....i was wondering how to treat this with little effort :P (iam really lazy..) now ianm going to try this honey and cinnamon, i sincerely hope it works for me...:) Ayesha do let us know how this works out for you :)

I do drink a glass of warm water with a tea spoon of honey every morning! :)

dsath
13th September 2006, 04:52 PM
Anou, i thought that the heat in the water might kill the anti-bacterial things in the honey. Have you tried Manuka honey. Its wonderful !!!!

Anoushka
15th September 2006, 03:10 PM
dsath: I din't know this... thanks for letting me know... from now on will try having a spoon of honey and then may be some warm water later! :)

I haven't tried Manuka honey yet... will go looking for it now :)

waaza
15th September 2006, 08:50 PM
please note, whatever the benefits etc (not judging) but cinnamon is often confused with cassia. In many parts of the world, including USA and India (ironically) bought cinnamon is usually cassia. The difference is obvious when you know, cassia is darker and open, cinnamon is usually tight buff coloured rolls (quills). Note, that cassia contains ten times as much coumarin (warfarin-like substance) as true cinnamon, so make sure you have cassia and not cinnamon.
cheers
Waaza