PDA

View Full Version : Best Performance - Mohanlal, Vishnu or Rajini for same story

chanrai
10th August 2005, 11:13 AM
Manichitraazhu (Malayalam) - Mohanlal (1993)
Apthamithra (Kannada) - Vishuvarthan (2004)
Chandramukhi (Tamil) - Rajinikanth (2005)

The above movies have the same story and concept. If you have watched all the three movies, can you share your experience on these actors performance and who will the best!

nilavupriyan
10th August 2005, 05:54 PM
mohan lal did in his own style-underplay.but as the charecter is not so weighted his underplay doesnt appeal much.vishnuvardhan is good too.

but rajni made the film look so grand by making his own styles at the ending part of the film.but rajni had some similar manurisms of vishnuvardhan in the first half and some scenes

emiljose
10th August 2005, 10:33 PM
manichitrathazhu is the root amd other two are branches same as mohanlal is the root and other two are branches.

nilavupriyan
11th August 2005, 07:12 AM
manichitrathazhu is the root amd other two are branches same as mohanlal is the root and other two are branches.

fruit is at the branch..............so let rajni be the branch

emiljose
11th August 2005, 12:36 PM
without root there is no fruit. so mohanlal be the root and fruit.

nilavupriyan
11th August 2005, 04:48 PM
without root there is no fruit. so mohanlal be the root and fruit.

i know root is important.we talk what people like....root or fruit

emiljose
12th August 2005, 11:24 AM
thats what i wrote mohanlal be the root and fruit

nilavupriyan
12th August 2005, 11:39 AM

oh.....thats why he doesnt show any reactions in the name of under play in many scenes(as he is a tree)...just kidding.i know mohan lal's calibre

emiljose
13th August 2005, 01:08 PM
good to know

sanju
17th September 2005, 02:54 PM

oh.....thats why he doesnt show any reactions in the name of under play in many scenes(as he is a tree)...just kidding.i know mohan lal's calibre

perhaps you dont know who is mohan lal. i have seen the 3 films. and the other 2 heroes cant stant with lal's great performance. rajani and vishnu vardhan only shows some gimmicks for the masses.

and for your kind information mohan lal makes the appearence in the film just before interval. and he just rules after that.

it is not an underplayed character as you mentioned.

nilavupriyan
17th September 2005, 04:59 PM

perhaps you dont know who is mohan lal. i have seen the 3 films. and the other 2 heroes cant stant with lal's great performance. rajani and vishnu vardhan only shows some gimmicks for the masses.

and for your kind information mohan lal makes the appearence in the film just before interval. and he just rules after that.

it is not an underplayed character as you mentioned.

hey...,im a mohanlal fan too.....,but in that film rajni really dominated the screen....thats what i have said....i know lal is a far better actor than the other two.

nickraman
18th September 2005, 07:59 AM
Lal Ow3ns Thatha

sanju
23rd September 2005, 09:48 PM
in chandramukhi the importance was to rajani, not to the story.

nilavupriyan
23rd September 2005, 10:25 PM
in chandramukhi the importance was to rajani, not to the story.

if u say in cm importance is to rajni,not to the story....what will u tell if u watch his other movies........chandramukhi is the one with a limited importance to rajni

m_23_bayarea
18th October 2005, 10:16 PM
mohan lal did in his own style-underplay.but as the charecter is not so weighted his underplay doesnt appeal much.vishnuvardhan is good too.

but rajni made the film look so grand by making his own styles at the ending part of the film.but rajni had some similar manurisms of vishnuvardhan in the first half and some scenes

Super Nilavu Thambi...Rajini always adds grandeur to the movie. I liked Chandramukhi more than the other two just because of that reason...

nilavupriyan
18th October 2005, 10:19 PM

Super Nilavu Thambi...Rajini always adds grandeur to the movie. I liked Chandramukhi more than the other two just because of that reason...

bay....,im a great kamal fan...but while rajni said "lakalakalaka"....i am on my feet

Sanguine Sridhar
18th October 2005, 10:20 PM
Thalaivar thaan 8-)

m_23_bayarea
18th October 2005, 10:22 PM

bay....,im a great kamal fan...but while rajni said "lakalakalaka"....i am on my feet

You are an unbiased neutral fan. And I ought to respect you for that....Go Nilavu :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
18th October 2005, 10:22 PM
Thalaivar thaan 8-)

Thalaivar rocks !!!!

Vaazhga Veera Sivaji .....

nilavupriyan
18th October 2005, 10:23 PM

You are an unbiased neutral fan. And I ought to respect you for that....Go Nilavu :thumbsup:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sanguine Sridhar
18th October 2005, 10:29 PM
i saw that movie in malayalam..indeed i accept Mohanlal did well..but Rajini in CM..Oh my God .... Mei silirithiruchu :)

Rahul B
28th October 2005, 02:36 PM
//i saw that movie in malayalam..indeed i accept Mohanlal did well..but Rajini in CM..Oh my God .... Mei silirithiruchu //

Mei silirithiruchu !!!.....Njangalude Kai (Hand) silsilirithiruchu...TO GIVE A SMACK ON THAT DIRECTOR P VASU and RAJINIKANTH.

//bay....,im a great kamal fan...but while rajni said "lakalakalaka"....i am on my feet//

Even we were also on our feet...TO RUN AWAY FROM THE THEATRE!!

nilavupriyan
29th October 2005, 06:47 PM
//i saw that movie in malayalam..indeed i accept Mohanlal did well..but Rajini in CM..Oh my God .... Mei silirithiruchu //

Mei silirithiruchu !!!.....Njangalude Kai (Hand) silsilirithiruchu...TO GIVE A SMACK ON THAT DIRECTOR P VASU and RAJINIKANTH.

//bay....,im a great kamal fan...but while rajni said "lakalakalaka"....i am on my feet//

Even we were also on our feet...TO RUN AWAY FROM THE THEATRE!!

:lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
29th October 2005, 11:48 PM
I dont know bout mohanlal cause Ive not seen the movie..(he is competant enough!)

I KNOW Rajinikant did well..

Vishnuvardan, I was told by my FRIEND, is not very impressive.

Rahul B
31st October 2005, 10:26 AM
I have seen all the three movies....

I will tell u what did these three actors (Actually I should say directors) did.

In MANICHITRATHAAZHU...FAZIL gave full space to Mohanlal to play the character.Mohanlal made the character grand and remembered (eventhough its coming a few mins before interval) only because of his natural acting.Plus The way Fazil and Madhu Muttam (scriptwriter) picturised the character.

In APNA MITHRA...P VASU picturised the doctor's role as a joker instead of eccentricity (Manichitrathaazhu) to get mass appeal.VISHNUVARDHAN thus had to come up with that role in sucha manner.So it wasn't impressive at all.Plus the main character of SOUNDARYA GOT MUCH MORE IMPORTANCE in the film than SHOBHANA got for Manichitrathaazhu.This is the difference b/w Apna Mithra and Mani... which shows that diff b/w Vishnu and Lal and Fazil and Vasu.Vishuvardhan is a good actor eventhough not great.He did reasonably a good job in Kauravar, a Mammotty Mal Film.

In CHANDRAMUKHI....That same P VASU directed it.This time intead of a joker,he made the character as a superhuman because of Rajini.Fights,Love songs,ability to dominate anything and above all that mind reading concept.Plus some vulgurous scenes.Rajini in his uasual superhero style made that character GRAND for Tamil audience but for his loyal Malayalee fans,he shown how a good film can be made bad.Because of this,the main character of JYOTHIKA lost its importance (actually it got more importance for a actress of Jyothika's calibre).This made chandramukhi Out and Out Rajini Masala Movie.

In Hindi,i am sure...There won't be any love story like chandramukhi because Big B is too old for it.And SRK should need a lot of importance.Now lets see whose film its gonna be.

Rahul B
31st October 2005, 10:35 AM
//
I dont know bout mohanlal cause Ive not seen the movie..(he is competant enough!)

I KNOW Rajinikant did well..

Vishnuvardan, I was told by my FRIEND, is not very impressive.//

COMPETANT ENOUGH TO MAKE A MOVIE BAD.THEN I WOULD SAY THAT HE IS NO WHERE NEAR TO RAJINIKANTH.SOMETIMES VISHUVARDHAN CAN HELP U.

EG - THENMAAVIN KOMBATHU - MUTHU
MANICHITRATHAAZHU - CHANDRAMUKHI

Rahul B
31st October 2005, 10:39 AM
//mohan lal did in his own style-underplay.but as the charecter is not so weighted his underplay doesnt appeal much.vishnuvardhan is good too. //

FIRST TAKE A DICTIONARY AND UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF UNDERPLAY!!!...IF U STILL BELIEVE IN THE SAME THEORY OF URS ABT UNDERPLAY,THEN SURYA AND VIKRAM WON'T SURVIVE IN TAMIL INDUSTRY.AND ABT THE MASS APPEAL OF LAL'S CHARACTER IN MANICHITRATHAAZHU,PLEASE CALL PRABHU,RAJINI AND P VASU.THEY WILL TELL U THAT THEY REMADE MANICHITRATHAAZHU ONLY BECAUSE OF THE MASS APPEAL OF THE FILM DUE TO MOHANLAL AND SHOBHANA AND PLUS SURESH GOPI.PLUS NOT TO FORGET FAZIL AND MADHU MUTTAM.

Rahul B
31st October 2005, 10:42 AM
GUYS..UR P VASU IS DOING THE SAME IN UR IDUSTRY JUST LIKE PRIYADARSHAN DOING IN BOLLYWOOD.INSPIRING FROM OLD MAL HITS (MOSTLY MOHANLAL) AND REMAKE IT INTO HINDI OR TAMIL and BECOME SUCCESSFUL THERE.

nilavupriyan
31st October 2005, 05:20 PM
I have seen all the three movies....

I will tell u what did these three actors (Actually I should say directors) did.

In MANICHITRATHAAZHU...FAZIL gave full space to Mohanlal to play the character.Mohanlal made the character grand and remembered (eventhough its coming a few mins before interval) only because of his natural acting.Plus The way Fazil and Madhu Muttan (scriptwriter) picturised the character.

In APNA MITHRA...P VASU picturised the doctor's role as a joker instead of eccentricity (Manichitrathaazhu) to get mass appeal.VISHNUVARDHAN thus had to come up with that role in sucha manner.So it wasn't impressive at all.Plus the main character of SOUNDARYA GOT MUCH MORE IMPORTANCE in the film than SHOBHANA got for Manichitrathaazhu.This is the difference b/w Apna Mithra and Mani... which shows that diff b/w Vishnu and Lal and Fazil and Vasu.Vishuvardhan is a good actor eventhough not great.He did reasonably a good job in Kauravar, a Mammotty Mal Film.

In CHANDRAMUKHI....That same P VASU directed it.This time intead of a joker,he made the character as a superhuman because of Rajini.Fights,Love songs,ability to dominate anything and above all that mind reading concept.Plus some vulgurous scenes.Rajini in his uasual superhero style made that character GRAND for Tamil audience but for his loyal Malayalee fans,he shown how a good film can be made bad.Because of this,the main character of JYOTHIKA lost its importance (actually it got more importance for a actress of Jyothika's calibre).This made chandramukhi Out and Out Rajini Masala Movie.

In Hindi,i am sure...There won't be any love story like chandramukhi because Big B is too old for it.And SRK should need a lot of importance.Now lets see whose film its gonna be.

rahul....i also hated that love scenes,double meaning dialogues and stupid comedies in chandramukhi.....but what do u think about the climax of the movie?

Surya
31st October 2005, 09:40 PM
Clearly it is Thanga Thalaivar Super Star Rajinikanth!! 8-)

Rahul B
7th November 2005, 09:23 AM
//but what do u think about the climax of the movie?//

Hey Nilavupriyan...

At least accept this point that Chandramukhi didn't get its importance like Nagavalli.Its only because of Rajinikanth and his fans.The biggest drawback of the film is the importance given to Vadivelu and Nayanthara.

Abt Climax...It was nothing but a superhuman style of the Manichitrathaazhu climax.If the same would have done in Malayalam,It would have been booed down.Thats the difference.

Rahul B
7th November 2005, 09:28 AM
Take this...This is the way importance of characters in both this movies in descending order.

Manichitrathaazhu

SHOBHANA (Jyothika)
MOHANLAL (Rajini)
SURESH GOPI (Prabhu)
NEDUMUDI VENU (Nazar)
VINAYAPRASAD (Nayanthara)
Vinneth's Character
THILAKAN (Thanthri in CMukhi)
INNOCENT (Vadivelu)
SUDHEESH
KPAC LALITHA (Suvarna Mathew)

CHANDRAMUKHI

RAJINIKANTH...
Jyothika
Nayanthara
Vadivelu
Prabhu
Suvarna Mathew (Vadivelu's wife)
Sheela (Whats her role?????????)
Nazar
Thanthri
Vineeth

Rahul B
7th November 2005, 09:33 AM
Hey Nilavupriyan....

I will tell the difference b/w Kerala audience and Tamil audience in another film.

HAVE U SEEN MAMMOTTY'S THE KING?
I mean the dubbed version.I heard it was a success in Tamil.

There is a typical bodylanguage of Mammotty where he swishes his back hair in his every frame (especially after the bombastic dialogue).That time Malayalee audience wasn't able to digest it.But in the dubbed version,All Tamil fans gave a big applause thats it.Now the same is happeneing to Malayalee audience

nilavupriyan
7th November 2005, 09:39 AM
//but what do u think about the climax of the movie?//

Hey Nilavupriyan...

At least accept this point that Chandramukhi didn't get its importance like Nagavalli.Its only because of Rajinikanth and his fans.The biggest drawback of the film is the importance given to Vadivelu and Nayanthara.

Abt Climax...It was nothing but a superhuman style of the Manichitrathaazhu climax.If the same would have done in Malayalam,It would have been booed down.Thats the difference.

heyy.....what do u think about rajni's fans...that guys will tear the screen if jyothika is given more importance than rajni... :lol:

manichitrathazhu is a good movie overall....not boring at any point of time..

chandramukhi really bored to its limit in first half...especially the comedy track is irritating.........but at the end......as usual rajni's gimmicks made the movie a little interesting...

but for that climax....chandramukhi is great flop!only that climax made that movie a super duper hit according to me

by the way....im interested to know which tamil actor has a good market in kerala

Rahul B
7th November 2005, 02:57 PM
//by the way....im interested to know which tamil actor has a good market in kerala//

All actors have their own market.For Eg Chandramukhi failed badly at kerala.Anniyan was a thumping success.Ghajini is a breakeven.But SIVAKASHI TOOK A HUGE INITIAL IE FIRST DAY HOUSE FULL.But slowly our audience will get bored by such films.So no special actors,Its movies.Kaakha Kaakha and Autograph did great job.

ABT CHANDRAMUKHI.R U STATING THAT U LIKED THE FILM ONLY BECAUSE OF CLIMAX? OK.IF NO ONE HAS SEEN MANICHITRATHAAZHU,THEY WILL SAY THE SAME.BUTITS IMPOSSIBLE NOW.

Raghu
10th November 2005, 09:43 PM

athu thaan Superb star pa superb star, lakalaklaklaklaklaklaklaklaka

Shakthiprabha.
11th November 2005, 11:01 AM
manichitrathazhu is a good movie overall....not boring at any point of time..

chandramukhi really bored to its limit in first half...especially the comedy track is irritating.........but at the end......as usual rajni's gimmicks made the movie a little interesting...

but for that climax....chandramukhi is great flop!only that climax made that movie a super duper hit according to me

I agree with u 100%, only the climax gave a lift to the movie. I am told manichitratazhu was DEF better. I am yet to watch it.

Vadivelu's character's presence made the movie WORST. I do understand rajni has added starvalue. IT COULD HAVE BEEN JUST RAJNI AND JYOTHIKA with no importance whatsoever to the Vadivelu's so called comedy, which actually pissed me off

Poornima
12th November 2005, 09:09 PM
"For Eg Chandramukhi failed badly at kerala."

HUH? what was that? it was a clear hit in kerala, as widely reported both in English and Malyalam media. Think it was Mathrubhoomi magazine which did a story on the megasuccess of CM and Anniyan and kerala, urging mal filmmakers to look at the changing trends in audience tastes in kerala. i think it was a highly creditable show by CM considering it was the remake of a film every mal movie buff knows like his palms. more so, considering it released in kerala along with mohanlal's chandrolsavam (which eventually bombed).

about the quality of these three films, there's absolutely no denying that manichitrathaazhu is the best, any day though i found the CM climax the best of the lot - racy and very gripping.

CM worked coz it was a surprise for the general audience who came in expecting a typical rajni film... plus this was the film in which he returned to his core audience of families and women.

romio
17th November 2005, 01:57 PM
[tscii:244c91dfaf]I like Both mohanlal & Rajini both are superstar
8-)
Mohanlals range of acting is unbelievable.I dont think anybody in indian cinema can act like him in
different role's...He is the actor wich came out by his own way style and neutrality.
Lalettan He is the best...

About Rajini i am his fan from school days he’s the sort who deserves all the superstardom he’s earned. Such men, indeed, are rare...
his screen presence is Superb still now i have watching his films Firstday first show ..

My salute for both Great Actors :D

[/tscii:244c91dfaf]

m_23_bayarea
21st November 2005, 04:17 AM
[tscii:555ac795ed]I like Both mohanlal & Rajini both are superstar
8-)
Mohanlals range of acting is unbelievable.I dont think anybody in indian cinema can act like him in
different role's...He is the actor wich came out by his own way style and neutrality.

About Rajini i am his fan from school days he’s the sort who deserves all the superstardom he’s earned. Such men, indeed, are rare...
his screen presence is Superb still now i have watching his films Firstday first show ..

[/tscii:555ac795ed]

YEAHHHHHH !!!!!

m_23_bayarea
28th November 2005, 11:43 PM
Chandramukhi's achievements (taken from Rajinifans.com)

1. First movie to complete 100 days in Mayajaal.

2. Doing a business of 100 crores.

3. First movie to be dubbed in Zulu (Lance Klusener's
mother tongue) and Afrikaans (South Africa's main
language)

4. Doing very well in Kerala, a place from where
Chandrmukhi's knot is taken from the movie
Manichitrathazhu, and dislodged Mohanlal's latest
movie.

5. Doing very well in Andra and going to complete 100
days in 10 theaters. Many big Telugu movies including
Chiru's movie was released along with Chandramukhi.
But all bite the dust except Chandramukhi.

6. Generally in US, Indian movies will be screened for
2 weeks that too only one show during weekdays and 4
shows during weekends. But CM was screened for 5 weeks
with 5 shows a day.

8. Rajni's salary for this movie is 20 crores and thus
making him as the highest paid actor in India again.

9. Abirami theater alone will get 1 crore.

10. Vetri theatre in Chrompet, a suburb of Chennai
which is said to have paid Rs 20 Lakhs MG, and
according to trade sources the theatre recovered the
amount in five days and thereby created a new record.
The rumor mill has it that Vetri theatre had collected
Rs 7, 62,000 gross on the first day making it
"unofficially" the highest collection from a single
screen for a day in India! Remember, this can happen
only with a Rajnikanth film!

11. He is the only superstar after the late MGR who
can entice an ordinary movie going public to part with
their hard earned money for three hours of
pure fantasy.

12. After Baba debacle, he silenced all his detractors
inside and outside film industry through CM.

13. Surely Industry will have lucrative year just
because of CM as there is no big budget movie in the
next 7 months (There is no chance of any big
debacle this year). This happened 7 years before on
1998 when 'Padayappa' was release. That is why Tamil
Film Industry is considered as one man industry.

14. Generally Shahrukh Khan (considered as the most
popular Indian actor) movies has done a business of 52
crores with 20 crores as cost of
production (Kal Ho Na Ho and Main Hoon Na). CM, being
a regional movie is doing a business of 100 crores
with 5 crores + Rajni's salary as cost of
production.

15. Overseas rights will be sold for 5 crores for
SRK's movie while for Rajni it went up to 22 crores.

16. But the biggest achievement of CM is bringing
family audiences, female audience who were glued to
their TV sets watching 'Metti Oli' and
children to the theaters.

nilavupriyan
29th November 2005, 09:06 AM
[tscii:d57361ac89]I like Both mohanlal & Rajini both are superstar
8-)

[/tscii:d57361ac89]

mohan lal is not that versatile!........he is a bit natural...thats it!

when it is versatility...its KAMAL ........ :thumbsup:

Sandeep
29th November 2005, 09:11 AM
Why guys Why????

Leave Mohanlal alone with his poor, humble fans :)

Kamal is the most versatile actor in the whole universe.
Rajani is the most popular actor in the world.

Dont compare these great people with a simple, ordinary guy like Mohanlal ;)

In malayalam we say "jeevichu poykotte mashe"

Enjoy !!!

nilavupriyan
29th November 2005, 09:15 AM
Why guys Why????

No Mohanlal fan is comming to disturb you why you guys are bitting him. Leave him alone with his poor, humble fans :)

Kamal is the most versatile actor in the whole universe.
Rajani is the most popular actor in the world.

Dont compare these great people with a simple, ordinary guy like Mohanlal ;)

In malayalm we say "jeevichu poykotte mashe"

Enjoy !!!

hey.........read his post clearly and shout at!

romio wrote:

" noone in india is as versatile in india as mohan lal"

so i responded that there are lots of actors been in india who are versatile esp kamal haasan who is most versatile!

ok?...........

first read the full story before shouting!

Sandeep
29th November 2005, 09:23 AM
I am not shouting. Sorry if I sounded rude.

Then you didnt just say Kamal is versatile (Which is unchallengable), you said 'mohanlal is not versatile' and even said he is only a 'bit natural'.

nilavupriyan
29th November 2005, 01:39 PM
i dint mention that mohan lal is not versatile at all....ive just said that mohan lal is not best among the best in versatility...

he is natural ...that is accepted!

Puli
2nd December 2005, 10:00 AM
Mohanlal made the movie famous in Kerala
Vishnu made the movie famous in Karnataka
Rajni made the movie famous around the world..

m_23_bayarea
2nd December 2005, 11:47 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nkv
2nd December 2005, 12:56 PM
The difference between Kamal and Mohanlal is,

Kamal - a hardworker, versatile, great acting skills.. Reherses manytimes before the take..

Mohanlal - Natural, flexible, great acting skills, crowd-pulling, most shots taken in first take, including in which he got national awards.. no rehersals no retake..

I would rate both these as THE BEST in the business now..

blahblah
3rd December 2005, 11:47 AM

Better to rule in hell than beg in heaven! :D

m_23_bayarea
5th December 2005, 04:51 AM
Better to rule in hell than beg in heaven! :D

What du mean ??? Whatever it is, Rajini is the best ok !! He rocks ....

Surya
5th December 2005, 06:45 AM
Bay machi!
Blah is a Keralite, so obviously he's gonna got for Mohan Lal right?

The fact is obviously that Rajini's popularity made people of all langs, and countries appreciate the movie!

Thanga Thalaivar, Thanga Thalaivar Thaan.

"உன்ன போல யாரு வந்தாலும், உன் கிட்டெ னெருங்க
முடியுமா? முடியுமா??" - வைரமுதூ! :thumbsup:

Justice
5th December 2005, 07:41 AM
8-)

puli ingae koda vanthututhu

Sandeep
5th December 2005, 08:26 AM
//The fact is obviously that Rajini's popularity made people of all langs, and countries appreciate the movie! //

Are you sure :)

nilavupriyan
5th December 2005, 10:05 AM
//The fact is obviously that Rajini's popularity made people of all langs, and countries appreciate the movie! //

Are you sure :)

:lol: :lol: ..idhellam chumma!.......all tamilians in other countries is correct!

by the way they say chandramukhi is a blockbuster in kerala and kerala audience liked it...is it true?

mirattalji
5th December 2005, 06:15 PM
No doubt Rajinikanth alone lifted the movie ..
Only bcoz it was a rajini movie it got the opening it got in india and other countries..
Personally i wud say the tamil version was the best .. next being mallu and kannada was the worst ..thnx to vishnu

mirattalji
5th December 2005, 06:15 PM
Only bcoz it was a rajini movie it got the opening it got in india and other countries..
Personally i wud say the tamil version was the best .. next being mallu and kannada was the worst ..thnx to vishnu

Remember the audio was not that good initially...

m_23_bayarea
5th December 2005, 10:01 PM
Bay machi!
Blah is a Keralite, so obviously he's gonna got for Mohan Lal right?

The fact is obviously that Rajini's popularity made people of all langs, and countries appreciate the movie!

Thanga Thalaivar, Thanga Thalaivar Thaan.

"உன்ன போல யாரு வந்தாலும், உன் கிட்டெ னெருங்க
முடியுமா? முடியுமா??" - வைரமுதூ! :thumbsup:

Gotcha !! Sorry blahblah for pushing my view without knowing you're a Keralite.....

m_23_bayarea
5th December 2005, 10:06 PM

YEAHHHH !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Surya
6th December 2005, 03:52 AM
..idhellam chumma!.......all tamilians in other countries is correct!

Nilavu, :)
Why wasn't Manichithirathazu, or Marocharithra remade in Hindhi? As we all know Bollywood is the biggest and richest film industry in India. They only decided to remake it AFTER Superstar starred in CM.

Also, CM was a bigger hit in other countries than the mallu or kannada version! :thumbsup:

Sandeep,
Quite sure man! :D

Mirrattal Ji,
Pinneteenge! :D

Sandeep
6th December 2005, 07:08 AM
by the way they say chandramukhi is a blockbuster in kerala and kerala audience liked it...is it true?

Yes it was big success. In addition to the usual tamil movie goers there was a general curiosity because of its malayalam origin. And then mind it Rajani is coming with lesser movies thus increasing the apeal. Then again with a dieing malayalm movie industry naturaly we have to look towards Bollywood and Tollywood right :)

Surya
6th December 2005, 07:21 AM
What do u mean dying?

Sandeep
6th December 2005, 07:48 AM
In kerala the movie (any language) going audience itself has seen a big reduction which makes an independent movie industry not viable. Middle class families have long abandoned movies. Earlier a movie used to be a main part of a family outing, which ment one movie a week or fortnightly, but no more. Now a days an average family sees not more than 3 movies a year from theaters.

Result is number of movies coming down, very few new talent (direction, acting, script writers and other technicians) coming into the industry.

m_23_bayarea
6th December 2005, 10:17 AM
Yes it was big success.

YESSSS !!! That's what I waana hear..... :D

godfather1
10th December 2005, 07:47 AM
Difficult to answer anyway my vote goes to lalettan Acting wise Padma Shri Bharat Mohanlal :thumbsup: is always the best ....style wise rajini 8-)

m_23_bayarea
11th December 2005, 06:33 AM
Difficult to answer anyway my vote goes to lalettan Acting wise Padma Shri Bharat Mohanlal :thumbsup: is always the best ....style wise rajini 8-)

:cry: :cry: for the first part...

:D :D for the second part....

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 07:55 AM
Laletta Laletta dheerathayode nayichollu, laksham laksham pinnale.

nilavupriyan
12th December 2005, 08:02 AM
Laletta Laletta dheerathayode nayichollu, laksham laksham pinnale.

onnum puriyala.....tell it in english plz!

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 08:07 AM
Its actually a political slogan of our college days which I have modified for lalettan here.

Lal anna Lal anna, you lead us bravely, lakhs and lakhs following you.

Sandeep
12th December 2005, 08:10 AM
I dont know Tamil or else I would have made one for Rajani also.

Rajni Rajni you are the leader, crores crores ready to die for you.

nilavupriyan
12th December 2005, 08:13 AM
I dont know Tamil or else I would have made one for Rajani also.

:lol:

cellvi2003
15th December 2005, 06:18 PM

ahaaaaa, yet another SS fan, Join our group Sandeep.

romio
16th December 2005, 06:22 PM
Thanmatra Best film EVER MADE IN MALAYALAM

OSCAR WINNING PERFOMANCE BY MOHANLAL SO ITS 4TH NATIONAL AWARD FOR PADMASREE BHARATH MOHANLAL
GREATEST ACTOR EVER PRODUCED IN INDIA

JUST CAME AFTER WATCHING IF U R KAMAL FAN IF U R LAL FAN IF U R MAMMOOTY FAN IF U R AMITHAB FAN NOTHING MATTERS AFTER SEEING THANMATRA U WILL BECOME DIEHARD MOHANLALFAN FOR SURE !

GO FOR IT 2005 NATIONAL AWARD + STATE AWARD FOR LALETTAN

JUST WATCH JUST WATCH I CANT SAY ANYTHING BIGGER THAN KIREEDOM BIGGER THAN THANIYAVARTHANAM BIGGER THAN NAYAKAN BEST PERFOMANCE IN INDIAN CINEMA BY LALETTAN IN THANMATRA !

Sandeep
19th December 2005, 09:47 AM
I am so happy for Lal, Blessy and malayalam cinema.

I am sure this with some other resent releases will bring back the glorious days of malayalam cinema back.

Shivaji
21st December 2005, 12:57 AM
of course chandramuhi is the best. the biggest hit in south india so far. and rajini just rocked

Sandeep
28th December 2005, 11:03 AM
This is yet another beautiful malayalam movie. Many of the indian movies that dealt with paranormal topics in india were pretty much horror movies. Manichithra thazhu is one unique movie that weaved a story with the rural beliefs, fears and tries to explain the story from a scientific point of view.

This is a movie which encompasses some of the best features of a malayalam film industry. They make some of the interesting movies that get lost within the regional limits. The superstar of the kerala film industry mohanlal, comes only in the middle of the movie. Almost at the interval, this is just unimaginable in any other south indian or for that matter in indian movie. Adding to that fact, the movie has more acting scope for the female character than the male character, which any big star would think twice to accept. But mohanlal did all that.The movie is clean with no unnecessary masala addition and the film sticks to the story. Realistic performances and interesting screenplay, another aspect of the malaylam film industry is also in display in this movie.

This is a strong story based movie, with lot of characters. The movie starts slowly in a typical malayalam movie fashion, after introducing the various characters and hooks us with the strange incidents at the house and comes to a nice climax.

The movie has sterling performance by shobana (Best actress national award). This beautiful bharathanatiyum dancer, niece of the famous padmini, ragini,lalitha pair was at her best in this movie. As i said before the acting scope for the hero is less in the movie and mohanlal has given a nice performance as needed by the character.

The movie was remade into hits films in all the south indian languages.All the versions except the malaylam one was totally messed with lot of masala elements.None of the other versions bettered the original.

http://parallelcinema.blogspot.com/2005/10/manichitrathazhu-decorative-lock-1993.html

a.ratchasi
28th December 2005, 04:05 PM
For a movie made 13 years ago, Manichithrathazhu is definitely very good. With the current taste and technical know-how, it is not fair to compare CM with MT as both were done at different times and viewers in mind. MT was a bit boring there and here. But that weakness is solely due to the screenplay. The climax was acceptable, mainly due to the overall feel of the of the movie.

With CM though, what can I say!:wink:

Sandeep
29th December 2005, 09:48 AM
Manichitrathazu even if made today, by the same team and same intensions, would be the same (maybe better cinemotography).

The difference is the intentions. Both movies did what they where intented to.

godfather1
12th February 2006, 09:26 AM
Yesterday watched Fazil's orginal classic Manichitrathazhu on asianet channel
Mohanlal, Shobhana superb in it !Chandramukhi The big problem with direction of p.vasu &
jothika overacting .Chandramukhi is superhit only because of superstar Rajini nodout. :?
Today sunday mOrning @ 11am on Asianet malayalam channel showing another superhit film No 20 Madras Mail Dont miss mohanlal's
alcoholic :P performance thats real funny great actor. :D
HE IS A VERSATILE ACTOR AND CAN HANDLE ANY KIND OF ROLE.

Shivaji
13th February 2006, 05:13 AM
Chandramukhi is superhit only because of superstar Rajini nodout. :?

:clap:

sanju
6th April 2006, 01:20 PM
about the performance, no need to debate. the character of mohan lal comes in the interval. still he gives a splendid performance. nobody comes near to him.[ in cm or apthamithra]

in chandramukhi, the importance is given to rajani's character. and when it comes to style, nobody can overtake rajani.

Raikkonen
6th April 2006, 01:22 PM

sanju
6th April 2006, 08:22 PM

why are you repeating this poem. say something about the performances.

Raikkonen
6th April 2006, 10:13 PM
Performance...
Thalaivar stole the show...

Infact many people knew Manichitratazhu and Apptamitra because of Chandramukhi

sanju
8th April 2006, 01:31 PM
Performance...
Thalaivar stole the show...

Infact many people knew Manichitratazhu and Apptamitra because of Chandramukhi

joke of the year, i understand your problem. you can't assess the performances . you belong to that class that do makes the claps only. i mean the front bench viewer.

great
8th April 2006, 01:43 PM
without doubt its Mohanlal

Raikkonen
8th April 2006, 02:26 PM
Thalaivar padam varati, Manichitratazhu patti Keralites than pesikkitu irunthurpanga...

destinys_cousin922
8th April 2006, 02:52 PM
i believe the per4mances in all the 3 films were/are just synonymous with the movie sensibilities prevalent within the respective industries..

i heard sandeep comment abt the longevity of lal's per4mance.i doubt if lal himself wud have played dr.sunny in the same vein as that of his per4mance way bak in 1994 cos i doubt if fazil wud hv traced the character like he did then.its a movie sensibility that drives a certain character.

as an add on though i hv to say...oh c'mmon do we need a topic here.mohanlal as dr.sunny is head and shoulders above rajini or vishnuvardhan.oscillating between slapstick and a super-imposed over-the-top introduction of dr.sunny lal just introduces the viwers to the irony tat sorrounds the entire story.and when the movie moves towards its wonderfully crafted climax scenes the entire movie transcends from a 3-dimensional narrational pattern and unfolds thru dr.sunny's eyes.and tats the beauty of the movie.when a once playful sunny adjusts his glasses and muses silently.."maadanpalliyille manoragi mattaarumalla ninte gangeyaanu", the viewers are taken thru an experience tats akin to experiencing an "avalanche"..suddenly u start to sympathise with each of dr.sunny's gimmick.suddenly a "method for madness" takes shape and u enjoy it thoroughly...

Rahul B
9th April 2006, 07:17 PM

why are you repeating this poem. say something about the performances.

If Mohanlal didn't make Manichitrathaazhu famous,Then how would Ur Rajini and Vishnuvardhan could even think to remake it?
Just like FAZIL told,Both the remakes are nothing but a crap version of a class movie.Just like Kilukkam Kilukilukkam to Lal's Kilukkam.