PDA

View Full Version : Paheli

Niranjana
2nd August 2005, 04:50 PM
Adapted from a Rajasthani folklore, Paheli is a colourful, vibrant movie with lovely songs and dances. SRK & Rani weave magic. Nice & entertaining.
The song "Kanganaare Kanganaare' esp is enchanting , both to the eyes as well as the ears.
I reccomend this one for all age groups.

dlaxmi16
2nd August 2005, 11:42 PM
yep it is nice movie with a totally different story background..Both Sharukh & Rani look great in thier typical rajasthani costumes..Really worth a watch.. :D

ssanjinika
3rd August 2005, 12:22 AM
It is very very slow though :P.

Niranjana
3rd August 2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah, its slow to the point of boredom..........but still watchable.

dlaxmi16
3rd August 2005, 09:44 PM
I really did not feel the movie was slow..the movie was perfect , of course they wasted the talents of juhi chawla, sunil shetty, & Amitabh..

Kollywoodfan
8th October 2005, 01:35 AM
I thought the movie got slower towards the end...They certainly revealed the whole ghost takes over husband scenario and captures heart of wife quite rapidly...

The end though dragged on

I'm sure that some people might disagree with me since everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but personally I did not like the ending...I'm not even sure that there was supposed to be one reaction to the end...

On one end, people might say the guy was mean to his wife and in the end he got what he deserved and the ghost is living and they all live happily ever after...

Here's the thing...Lachchi and Kishanlal were only together for A DAY...how could she or anyone marriage partner for that matter judge someone based on a day, the day of their marriage nonetheless, and then decided that he's a heartless jerk? If the makers wanted the audience to support the ghost, they should have at least made the real husband seem like he didn't care about his wife at all, which would make us root for Lachchi, but he did think about her all throughout his trip and felt bad for the way he treated her...the only thing is that she didn't know this...

Also, I don't mean to bring out any other political or Khusboo related issues here, but Lachchi was quick to accept the ghost embodiment of her husband...she didn't even know him for goodness sake...Basically it seemed that Rani was being on the inside being selfish and knew that accepting this ghost meant that she had everything and didn't have to give up much...a rich household, a "new" loving husband who she didn't need to explain to anyone because of his disquise, his charming superpowers, and basically guaranteed happiness...

In the end, Lachchi pours her heart out to who she thinks is her real husband, which he isn't...and it turns out he was "killed." She doesn't seem the least bit concerned about this...Come on...nobody deserves that for one day (keep in mind, one!!) Therefore, he never even knew that Rani was just as much to blame as the ghost, maybe even more, because he told her who he was before anything happened between them...Her real husband dies thinking about his wife and that she was an innocent victim of the ghost's evil trick...

Basically I feel that there was not substantial time between Lachchi and Kishanlal (real) to judge him and say that he was bad, which he wasn't...Even if Lachchi wanted to live with the ghost, because he had a baby and all, Lachchi could have at least expressed some quiltiness as to killing and deceiting a perfect good human being...Anyone is free to disagree me..Any Comments?

Alan
22nd October 2005, 06:12 PM
You have some valid points there, dude............but yeah, its only a movie!

What's this Khusboo related issue? Am I missing out something?

Surya
23rd October 2005, 01:50 AM
I liked it. But it was kind of slow moving. But still recommend it for ppl to see just for Rani!!! :P

Sinthiya
23rd October 2005, 08:08 AM
a different love story...colourful...SRK and Rani were both great...

well done...

Alan
2nd November 2005, 01:48 PM
Despite her very ordinary looks, Rani has managed to take the Bollywood by storm & grab meaty roles that are additional feathers to her cap. Look at Paheli ( though a box office failure)& Black.
She was excellent in Black.

As for side though: She smmoches Amitabh in Black & his son in Bunty aur babli. Cool girl. Way to go, lass. As long as big bucks pour in, nothing really matters.

Sandeep
2nd November 2005, 03:03 PM
Lachchi could have at least expressed some quiltiness as to killing and deceiting a perfect good human being good human being...Anyone is free to disagree me..Any Comments?

That is exactly what the story wants to tell. Its different from the usual stories which are about GOOD vs BAD.

The writter makes it clear that the husband is a good guy. The writter is giving the wife right to decide for herself because her husband doesnt care for her.

This may not seem right in out society which expects women to be tolerant towards the wrongs done to her.

Well to think that such an aggresive story line was adopted by a folkstory just shows how much freedom of thought our forefathers had.

Sinthiya
8th November 2005, 01:22 AM
I like these songs from Paheli:
Dhere Jalna Dhere Jalna
Laaga Re Jal Laga
Kangana Re Kanagana Re

very nice songs... :thumbsup:

Anoushka
15th November 2005, 05:16 PM
btw, does kishanlal get killed? I saw the movie, (must have been half asleep ), but didn't realise he was killed, for some reason I thought that the ghost had gotten into Kishanlal's body!

Sandeep
16th November 2005, 07:11 AM
You are right anoushka. But isnt that same as killing Kishan Lal or may be it is just Comma state.

Anoushka
16th November 2005, 08:49 PM
I think it is left to the iimagination of the viewer as to what really happened to Kishanlal :) Thanks Sandeep for clarifying!

swathy
5th December 2005, 05:02 PM
Costumes, colors, songs may be good but story?

mirattalji
5th December 2005, 06:04 PM
paheli has been selected for a place in the oscar library.....

Are u aware of that ?

swathy
6th December 2005, 02:00 PM
Yah I know that

Anoushka
6th December 2005, 02:44 PM
Swathy: I like the story line , a simple neat story line... as SRK mentions in the DVD that I saw, it is fantasy and it has to be taken just that way :)

Kollywoodfan
23rd December 2005, 09:18 PM
Beautiful film!