PDA

View Full Version : Attn:Bangalore based hubbers

Cinefan
29th July 2005, 11:38 AM
Hi Bangaloreans.In a IR related thread,I&AA has spoken about our plans of seeing the kannada version of 'Sathi Leelavathi together&utilising this opportunity to meet everyone else.The tentative date of the movie's release is Aug 18&so the weekend following that would be ideal.

Even if the film fails to release on that date,we can always go for another movie.Kamal fans can always meet up again for 'Rama Shama Bhama'.

How many would be interested?

PS:RR,NOV,Thiru,

Can this thread be duplicated in the 'Tamil films section'also?Thanks in advance.

tmrrmt
29th July 2005, 12:19 PM
Cinefan - perhaps we can all meet up and have a discussion on TiS to start with

Cinefan
29th July 2005, 12:34 PM

:D .

The intention is to meet up.If a majority of bangalore based hubbers show inclination for such a programme it will be nice.the agenda can be fixed later.

AA,
Namma Rama,Shama,bhama programme-a seperate-a vatchikalam.maybe movie on 19th followed by this one on 20th.
Would that suit you?

alwarpet_andavan
29th July 2005, 12:38 PM

The intention is to meet up.If a majority of bangalore based hubbers show inclination for such a programme it will be nice.the agenda can be fixed later.

AA,
Namma Rama,Shama,bhama programme-a seperate-a vatchikalam.maybe movie on 19th followed by this one on 20th.
Would that suit you?
Wogey......... (but isn't 19th a Friday? can we make it 20/21?)

Cinefan
29th July 2005, 12:41 PM

AA,
Would that suit you?
Wogey......... (but isn't 19th a Friday? can we make it 20/21?)

Oops,I got the days mixed up,I meant the weekend- Sat&Sun(20/21).

NOW,will it suit you? :D

alwarpet_andavan
29th July 2005, 12:59 PM
Oops,I got the days mixed up,I meant the weekend- Sat&Sun(20/21).
NOW,will it suit you? :D
No probs

Shankar
29th July 2005, 02:22 PM
I'm game...pls send me a PM once you decide the date and venue...I'll keep a tab on this thread anyway.

irfansong
29th July 2005, 02:30 PM
Hi Guys,

Its a great idea to meet up. I'm very much interested. my B'day falls on 21st Aug and I dont know where I'll be. If I'm going to my native, I cannot attend. But somebody should take initiative. If anybody volunteers to take initiative, please give ur mobile number and the others will contact u and confirm their presence. So that we all can go and meet up there in the theatre.

Howz it?

irfan

Cinefan
29th July 2005, 03:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Its a great idea to meet up. I'm very much interested. my B'day falls on 21st Aug and I dont know where I'll be. If I'm going to my native, I cannot attend. But somebody should take initiative. If anybody volunteers to take initiative, please give ur mobile number and the others will contact u and confirm their presence. So that we all can go and meet up there in the theatre.

Howz it?

irfan

The initiative has already been taken,that's why this thread :D

Keep watching this for confirmation of date&venue.

Waiting for more bangaloreans to respond.

Vkrish
29th July 2005, 06:45 PM
Hi all..Great initiative.
Hope Jaiganes will be there in our meet.
I am eagerly awaiting 4 the day & time.

hehehewalrus
29th July 2005, 06:53 PM
photos please :)

jaiganes
29th July 2005, 07:21 PM
Hi guys!
August 19th is "Thalai" Nonbu for my wife and me.
So we will be in my in-law's house !!!
The week after that will be perfectly appropriate for me.
Even the coming weekend is happenable!!

prabhudas
30th July 2005, 06:16 PM
Hi BLR hubbers,
I wish they had this movie released this month, I could have joined too.
Does any of you know if "Thiruvasagam" VCD/DVD or CD released by Agi music is available in any Bangalore stores, my brother will be coming next week, I can ask him to bring.

Also Cinefan or Madan, Jaiganesh can one of u PM me about best broadband service available in Bangalore, I want to set it up for my parents, I have BSNL DSL right now but there is significant drops in connections all the time.
Your help is much appreciated.

Prabhudas

Cinefan
30th July 2005, 11:45 PM
Hi BLR hubbers,
Does any of you know if "Thiruvasagam" VCD/DVD or CD released by Agi music is available in any Bangalore stores, my brother will be coming next week, I can ask him to bring.

Prabhudas

Will find out&let you know on Monday.

Jai,
Unfortunate that you are not going to be there that weekend.let's see what's the date we all finally decide on.

HHHW,
When the meet happens,be sure the photos will be uploaded.You&the others can play a nice game of matching the faces with the hubber. :D

jaiganes
2nd August 2005, 10:19 AM
cinefan wrote:

When the meet happens,be sure the photos will be uploaded.You&the others can play a nice game of matching the faces with the hubber
I bet u cannot match my face with either my icon or my name!!!

Shankar
2nd August 2005, 11:45 AM
prabhudas,
I have touchtel (airtel) DSL connection (512 kbps)...its Pretty good...and the QoS parameters are more or less met.

prabhudas
2nd August 2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks,
Shankar and Jaiganesh,
Prabhudas

Vkrish
2nd August 2005, 08:08 PM
[tscii:73d709e08c]Lal Bagh - a garden with history, commissioned in 18th century: it is laid out in a reticlinear fashion but the trees are quite old and have grown in a very natrural way so as to create an enormous canopy. The giant specimen trees, cool breeze and birds chirping sounds should be really a great attraction. The city of Bangalore is India’s great high tech center which is very westernized. Lal Bagh tried to be western along time ago with the introduction of western plants and ideas, however the only thing of any interest are the native specimen trees.”

I think Lal Bagh should be our ideal and fantastic meeting ground…followed by our any other plans. ?

[/tscii:73d709e08c]

Shankar
3rd August 2005, 11:53 AM
not with this sort of weather...The moment we are done with our intros, you have a heavy downpour and we have to say bye and run away :-)...Does lalbagh have good 4 wheeler parking ?

Cinefan
3rd August 2005, 12:04 PM
Does lalbagh have good 4 wheeler parking ?

Yes,there is sufficient space for parking inside.

Shankar
3rd August 2005, 12:07 PM
thanks, cinefan.

alwarpet_andavan
3rd August 2005, 01:45 PM
Lal Bagh thavira vera edam consider pannuvoma? Illa Lal Bagh is good enough-a?

Shankar
3rd August 2005, 02:34 PM
vEra edam is ok with me...I have to come from brookfield...lAlbagh varaNumnA oorukku pOra mAdhiri potti padukkayOda, tank fill paNNindu kiLambi vara vENdi irukkum :-)

tmrrmt
3rd August 2005, 03:32 PM
Hi - Bangalore guys - the way B'lore traffic has structured itself, reaching Lalbagh will be inconvenient - I would prefere some place on MG Road - or how about Cubbon Park ? that place is super!

Cinefan
3rd August 2005, 03:39 PM
Hi - Bangalore guys - the way B'lore traffic has structured itself, reaching Lalbagh will be inconvenient - I would prefere some place on MG Road - or how about Cubbon Park ? that place is super!

Lets first decide on the meeting date-20th August ok-va?

Then let's give a cutoff date-say 15th Aug within which hubbers have to confirm their presence.

While confirming, they can mention their choice for meeting place.Between 16th to 18th Aug,we can debate&finalise the venue.

What do you guys say?

alwarpet_andavan
3rd August 2005, 04:16 PM
vasthavamana pechu.......

Cinefan
3rd August 2005, 04:26 PM
vasthavamana pechu.......

Thanks AA.

Let me start,

20th Aug is Ok with me.

Venue:Lalbagh,Cubbon park,MG/Brigade road,Forum/Garuda/Bangalore central-anything is fine.(Infact the third multiplex in Bangalore-INOX opens Friday at the Garuda mall)

Even a dhabha on the Silk board-Sarjapur-Marathalli ring road is good enough.

WHO'S NEXT?

alwarpet_andavan
3rd August 2005, 05:21 PM
My vote:

Date: Aug 20
Venue: Preferably in the vicinity of M.G Road but open to any other choice

BTW, just to reiterate that Cinefan, I and Sagalai (others are most welcome) have also planned to watch "Rama Shyama Bama" on Aug 21, subject to the movie being released by then

Cinefan: Sagalai mailed me to confirm his availability. Once we finalize the date/venue, i can mail him

Cinefan
3rd August 2005, 05:43 PM
BTW, just to reiterate that Cinefan, I and Sagalai (others are most welcome) have also planned to watch "Rama Shyama Bama" on Aug 21, subject to the movie being released by then

Cinefan: Sagalai mailed me to confirm his availability. Once we finalize the date/venue, i can mail him

Gr8.Antha meet nadakutho illayo,ithu nadanthe aaganum :D

Now let's just hope the movie releases&you can combine both these events.

What about Rajaram,I will send him a PM.

jaiganes
3rd August 2005, 08:09 PM
My vote is for August 27th.
Venue is Jayanagar 4th block pizza hut or the coffee day near Jayanagar 4th block.!!!!

Shankar
4th August 2005, 10:03 AM
jaiganes,
Jayanagar is not in the center of the city...The venue should be equally close to everyone...Pls suggest a better venue...Cubon park seems ok with me (while my preference would definitely be a place near marathahaLLi as suggested by cinefan :-) )

Cinefan
4th August 2005, 10:29 AM
jaiganes,
Jayanagar is not in the center of the city...The venue should be equally close to everyone...Pls suggest a better venue...Cubon park seems ok with me (while my preference would definitely be a place near marathahaLLi as suggested by cinefan :-) )

:D

Shankar,
Actually Jayanagar is the most imp place in the city&with myself staying in J.P.Nagar,I too would be delighted with coffee day or pizza hut as suggested by Jai.

But I do understand that atleast for you this one will be very distant.Let's fix up a place which is neither near nor far for anyone.

Shankar
4th August 2005, 10:42 AM
cinefan,
Madan stays in yeshwantpur...I am in brookfield (i was in indiranagar earlier). Not sure where others stay...Anyway, let's decide the date first, the venue could come next...My suggestion to madan was that we meet in Forum but those places would be too noisy to sit and chat...Places like cubbon park are good, IMO.

(The original set of DFer..i mean, some of us who were DF regulars in 97 used to meet quite often and we would meet in MG Rd, in front of symphony theater...Most of them don't visit the DF anymore...Not sure if they've taken a different identity now :-)....

PS, Bull, Madhan, Viswa & thArthi !!
Are you guys here with different a identity ??

jaiganes
4th August 2005, 01:53 PM
If madan stays in yeshwanthpur, then he can catch route #1, have a nice sleep for one hour and land fresh in jayanagar!!!

Cinefan
4th August 2005, 03:54 PM
If madan stays in yeshwanthpur, then he can catch route #1, have a nice sleep for one hour and land fresh in jayanagar!!!

:lol:

By the looks of it,this meet might turn out to one attended by 6 to 8 hubbers.

Since Jai is keen on attending but is out of town on 20/21,why don't we push it to 26/27

AA,
Even if Rama,shama.... releases on 18th,we can always watch it the next weekend.

If hubbers can confirm the date by tomorrow,we can move on towards fixing the venue.

alwarpet_andavan
4th August 2005, 04:03 PM
I'm fine with 27th if it is convenient for more hubbers to attend......

Cinefan
4th August 2005, 04:11 PM
I'm fine with 27th if it is convenient for more hubbers to attend......

Gr8.

So your's truly,AA&Jai are ok with 26/27.

I have PM'ed Rajaram-lets see.

Vallavar has already expressed his desire to be part of the meet in seperate mails to myself&AA.We just need to inform him of the date&Venue.

Shankar,Madan,krish,irfansong&others,can you confirm your availability on 26/27 plz?

thumburu
5th August 2005, 03:16 PM
I would like to join too. The date seems fine. But I would prefer the venue in the viciity of MGRoad, Indranagar, Airport road ........

thumburu
5th August 2005, 03:17 PM
vicinity. Please PM me in this regard. Thanks

jaiganes
5th August 2005, 06:25 PM
any venue is fine with me.

Vkrish
5th August 2005, 06:57 PM
I confirm for the date 27th Aug - Saturday.
My preferred location is Lal bagh or Cubbon ... I think Jainagar 4th blk, will be too conjested on weekends and even parking will be quite difficult.

Cinefan
16th August 2005, 10:32 AM
Shankar&tmrrmt,
You guys are yet to confirm whether it will be possible to make it on Aug 27th.

If you say yes,we can move on towards confirming the venue.

Shankar
16th August 2005, 02:37 PM
cinefan,
I am out i guess...I would be on a trip to kerala that weekend.

Cinefan
16th August 2005, 04:13 PM
cinefan,
I am out i guess...I would be on a trip to kerala that weekend.

Oh!Oh!.

By Aug 20th,if a lot of ppl are not making it,it's better to call off the whole thing.

Vkrish
17th August 2005, 07:38 PM
Aug 20, Saturday will be OK for me.

Cinefan
18th August 2005, 10:26 AM
Aug 20, Saturday will be OK for me.

I think you have misunderstood,I was asking Bangaloreans to confirm their presence by Aug 20th for the meet slated on 27th.I was thinking we should go ahead only if a sizable number of hubbers are willing to participate.

As of now the count stands at 4(Myself,AA,Rajaram&Jaiganesh).Shankar has opted out which leaves us with tmrrmt,vkrish,thumburu&saKALAKALAvallavar.
if they also confirm&other bangaloreans like rooky,irfansong(If I am not wrong)also join in,it will be a good meet.

alwarpet_andavan
28th November 2005, 05:18 PM
Revival:
RSB is getting released in Bangalore on December 9th. The plan is to meet up in Dec 17th or 18th.
Cinefan and myself are OK with it as of now [I will be watching it in Bangalore on December 11th also]
Thozhargale, ezhuga!

Cinefan
28th November 2005, 05:55 PM
Revival:
RSB is getting released in Bangalore on December 9th. The plan is to meet up in Dec 17th or 18th.
Cinefan and myself are OK with it as of now [I will be watching it in Bangalore on December 11th also]
Thozhargale, ezhuga!

Hey,you beat me to the revival. :D

Ennappa,continuous two weeks b'lore visit-a,ille one week stay-a?

alwarpet_andavan
28th November 2005, 06:09 PM
Hopefully i will get to visit Bangs in the 2 consecutive weekends [provided i don't work in the weekends]...

jaiganes
29th November 2005, 09:21 AM
Dec 11th seems ok to me. Just need to get some permission from .... you know who... he he he he :D

Cinefan
29th November 2005, 10:31 AM
Dec 11th seems ok to me. Just need to get some permission from .... you know who... he he he he :D

Hey,I am in Tirupathi/Tirumala that week end. The original plan decided by A_A&me was to watch it on 17th(ideally) or 18th.

A_A has an idea of coming over on 11th too.

So thozhargale,raise your hands for RSB in Bangalore on the 17th of Dec.

Countdown starts.... :)

jaiganes
29th November 2005, 01:21 PM
17th or 18th seems fine too.

Cinefan
29th November 2005, 04:51 PM
Gr8 Jai,keep watching this thread for updates.

BTW,your mob no remains the same right?

jaiganes
29th November 2005, 05:14 PM
yes. tis the same.

Cinefan
2nd December 2005, 11:41 AM
The list of theatres screening RSB is out(I think it's the final list)

Majestic- 4s
Prasanna-3s(Vijayanagar)
Navrang-4s
Mohan-3s(where is it???)
Siddalingeswara-4s
Govardhan-3s(yeshwanthpur)
Krishna-3s(Bommanahalli??)
Adarsha-??s(Laxmipuram/CMH road)
Ullas-Morn show(???)
Mukunda-??s(??)
Veeresha-??s(Magadi road??)

PVR is the only multiplex screening the film :( &the no of shows/timings is yet to be confirmed.

it's the only place where we can catch up on the movie.

rooky
14th December 2005, 02:55 PM
It has four shows in PVR Multiplex, 2 shows in Innovative multiplex and INOX multiplex 3 shows. Total 20 theatres in and around bangalore and another 15 outside bangalore.

Cinefan
14th December 2005, 04:00 PM
It has four shows in PVR Multiplex, 2 shows in Innovative multiplex and INOX multiplex 3 shows. Total 20 theatres in and around bangalore and another 15 outside bangalore.

Vareengala Sir 17th movie paarkaradhukku.

jaiganes
15th December 2005, 09:52 AM
I am in... but where? Majestic? Big cutouts for Kamal in that theatre....

Cinefan
15th December 2005, 11:24 AM
I am in... but where? Majestic? Big cutouts for Kamal in that theatre....

U really want to watch it there????

PVR -10.10am,4pm,7pm,9.50pm.-Which show would you prefer?-4pm or 7pm.

jaiganes
15th December 2005, 01:15 PM
PVR - 7 PM. My vote.
How has been early reviews for RSB?
Vijay Times rated it as very good. I saw a song in Udaya which must be the kannada version of "Raajanodu Raani .." song. The tune was good, however not comparable to IR's worlk for SL. Guru kiran is the MD for Chandramukhi as well. He does better music compared to other ear blasting excuses for Music Direction in Kannada.

Cinefan
15th December 2005, 06:10 PM
PVR - 7 PM. My vote.
How has been early reviews for RSB?
Vijay Times rated it as very good. I saw a song in Udaya which must be the kannada version of "Raajanodu Raani .." song. The tune was good, however not comparable to IR's worlk for SL. Guru kiran is the MD for Chandramukhi as well. He does better music compared to other ear blasting excuses for Music Direction in Kannada.

Gr8.Then I will go ahead&book tickets.AS of now You,Me&A_A have confirmed.So that should be 3 tickets.

Early reviews have been good.Let's see how it fares at the BO.

BTW,How much of Kannada do you understand?

Will co-ordinate with you thro SMS.