PDA

View Full Version : Oru Kalloriyin Kadhai songs(Yuvan)

balakumar86
28th July 2005, 08:43 PM
hav u all listened to oru kalloriyin kadhai songs....
all those r really nice.
it ll b anotha hit 4 yuvan
write more abt ur opinions

karthik_sa2
28th July 2005, 10:24 PM
ya its yuvan again.yuvan rulzzzzzzzz

Thiru
28th July 2005, 11:22 PM
wrong forum

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 03:20 PM
Oru Kaluriyin Kathai oru Soga kathai :)

ykrrajan
29th July 2005, 06:10 PM
Didnt expect a junk from YSR. May be YSR needs a serious to get back to rhythm.

ykrrajan
29th July 2005, 06:10 PM
Didnt expect a junk from YSR. May be YSR needs a serious break to get back to rhythm.

MrJudge
29th July 2005, 06:21 PM
Oru Kaluriyin Kathai oru Soga kathai :)

Yes, this movie is about a sad story. But the kathai you're thinking is not going to happen :)

slperson1
30th July 2005, 05:43 AM
Dhalappa Kattuda - skipped
Geetha Mala - i start to think YSR cant do ganaa skipped again
Kadhal Yenbathu - I start to hum manase manase from april madhathil
kangal kalangida - first track in album that catches my attn and i enjoy
pangu podu - I come to conclusion that YSR and gana are a no no
kangal kandathu - enjoy the duet version
Unakku Yendru Oruthil - captivated by the song and am sad it ends so soon
Kangal Kandathu 2 - laughs at ysr for having to use the tune that came out realli good 3 times to fil up the album, he should spent more time on the other songs.

overall this album is worse then Arinthum Ariyamalam and Daas as well.only a couple of good songs (not counting the repeats)

Arjuna
30th July 2005, 12:45 PM
slperson1 - very good review :) - very true

njv
30th July 2005, 10:45 PM
overall this album is worse then Arinthum Ariyamalam

Ithathaan naan appavae sonnaenae!

coucou
30th July 2005, 11:09 PM
wht mr judge isn't here? he's become aware that this album is woerst or listend ah aah.

slperson1
31st July 2005, 01:16 AM
overall this album is worse then Arinthum Ariyamalam

Ithathaan naan appavae sonnaenae!

thank you

coucou
31st July 2005, 01:53 AM
http://www.oosai.com/top_ten.cfm
okk is in 7th place, is it normal?

dinesh2002
31st July 2005, 07:18 AM
im still yet to listen to OKK songs yet,but when i bougth Ah aah cd yesterday,i saw the combo of AH ah & OKK i quickly grabbed it,coz i have high trust on YSR....was shocked it had 8 songs...will be back with u guys once i have listened to it,hope its another AA or Manmadhan!!

Sanjeevi
1st August 2005, 12:10 AM
http://www.oosai.com/top_ten.cfm
okk is in 7th place, is it normal?

Sachin is No.1

The best comedy of 2005 :lol:

njv
1st August 2005, 03:26 AM
im still yet to listen to OKK songs yet,but when i bougth Ah aah cd yesterday,i saw the combo of AH ah & OKK i quickly grabbed it,coz i have high trust on YSR....was shocked it had 8 songs...will be back with u guys once i have listened to it,hope its another AA or Manmadhan!!
Not its not. Its below AA, no where near Manmadhan.

dinesh2002
1st August 2005, 09:18 AM
yo guys..manage to listened to the songs...the song sounded OK..nothing great,but mostly on college situation songs...

MrJudge
1st August 2005, 10:08 AM
Guys,

I still hold my opinion that OKK is better than AA. Also lyrical content is the driving factor here, Na.Muthukumar has done his part. Just wait, AA was dismissed as an average effort in the beginning. Now looks like every ARR fan likes it. That is interesting......

dinesh2002
1st August 2005, 12:10 PM
Guys,

I still hold my opinion that OKK is better than AA. Also lyrical content is the driving factor here, Na.Muthukumar has done his part. Just wait, AA was dismissed as an average effort in the beginning. Now looks like every ARR fan likes it. That is interesting......

mr naate-aamai,ARR has that special thing in his composition that 1st impression on the song will be " average" 2nd listenin, "Ok,sounds good"...and the more u listen,the more it gets beter...its becoz of his instrumental arrangements,each time u listen to his songs,u realise there r extra intruments & each instruments is like singging along with the singers....sadly...not many (including u my dear friend) agree to his coz they hate ARRahman so much i dunno y ..i think its becoz ARR shot fame with Roja putted an end to IR's fame days....im not sure...but thank god there r the TRUE IR FANS (it means who loves great music (IR),accept great music from various mds) who r still here...lucky the thread is not full of people from the genre of mr naateaamai....sorry naatamai (who gives decision blindly under the tree)

Sanjeevi
1st August 2005, 01:16 PM
I think, OKK is making waves amoung ARR fans ......... :lol:

sureshmehcnit
1st August 2005, 05:22 PM
My Revu on OKK album

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/oru-kallooriyin-kathai-music-review.html

Smile
Sureshkumar

alias
2nd August 2005, 12:16 AM
very good review suresh. This album is a sure dud. Sorry YSR is no ARR to give hits all the time :-)

MrJudge
2nd August 2005, 02:45 PM
"Sorry YSR is no ARR to give hits all the time"

ARR giving hits all the time?

Ayyo pavam.... vera enna solla :)

alias
2nd August 2005, 08:08 PM
Vera onnu solla vendum.. ARR peyar mattum podum. Other name of ARR is hits. Even if the movies are flop his songs always will be remembereed unlike OKK which is surely going to flop. Sorry Mr Judge, if you have invested in OKK, you are going to be a pauper.

Arjuna
3rd August 2005, 01:23 AM
Mr Judge is desperate to make OKK a hit - paavam!! I heard only 7 cassettes and 2 CDs were sold for this film - must be our nattamai wuld have bought those ones ;) - lol

coucou
3rd August 2005, 05:28 PM
[tscii:a559dfd16a] Sify Home >> Movies >> Tamil >> Fullstory

Moviebuzz

A musical love story

By Moviebuzz
Wednesday, 03 August , 2005, 16:25

Nanda Periasamy’s debut film Oru Kalooriyin Kathai starring Arya and Sonia Aggarwal is one of the hottest films in the trade. Even though Arya is a rank newcomer, this film has been sold at a high price to distributors.
Chola Creations, the producers are laughing all the way to the bank as they started the film much before the release of Arya’s last two films. But with Ullam Ketkume and Arindhum Ariyamalum turning out to be super hits even in B and C stations there is a craze for Arya films.

Oru Kalooriyin Kathai is said to be a musical love story set against campus milieu with foot tapping music by Yuvan Shankar Raja. In a recent interview Sonia had said that she was so excited by the script that she agreed to do the film with a newcomer like Arya.

The producers have sold all areas for Rs 3.5 Crore and is keeing the Chennai city and satellite rights with them!

[/tscii:a559dfd16a]

alias
3rd August 2005, 07:31 PM
Man, I tell u this SIFY guys will tell Deva has given foot tapping music in Englishkaran. I think they do cut and paste for all the reviews :-)

MrJudge
4th August 2005, 12:09 AM
Music Review
Oru Kalorien Kathai - Another winner from Yuvan
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, August 03, 2005]

Yuvan Shankar Raja is on a roll these days. after a sequence of stunning hits, he keeps his good work going with a stunning variety in Oru Kalorien Kathai featuring Arya and Sonia Agrawal in the lead roles.

For this youthful romantic subject, Yuvan has come out with predominantly melodious numbers.

Interestingly, a soft, free-flowing number Kangal Kalangida features three times in the album sung by different singers.

Harish Raghavendra, Kay Kay, Unni Menon, Sujatha among others have sung in the album. Yuvan has certainly lived up to the expectations and no doubt the album would top audio charts.

1) Kadhal Enbathu (Chinmayi, Harish Raghavendra)

With Chinmayi and Harish Raghavendra coming together, the song opens with a lot of promise. Especially Harish with his immaculate voice adds grace and charm. Chinmayi, who is obviously highly talented, adds her own charm to the number. As it goes on, the song gathers pace with beats. It is soft enough to soothe any frazzled nerve.

2) Kangal Kalangida (Karthik) The song, reminding one of the earlier tunes of Yuvan's father (Illayaraja), begins very briskly and leaves a magical spell on the listeners when it ends. Karthik seems to maturing song after song and this one is an perfect example to it. The pick of the album, surely.

3) Kangal Kandadhu (Kay Kay, Sujatha)

An extension of the previous number. This time Kay Kay has the company of Sujatha. The latter adds the neccessary vigor for the song to make it sound even better.

4) Kangal Kandadhu (Ganga, Ranjith)

After Sujatha and Kay Kay, it's he turn of Ganga and Ranjith to sing the song again. They too have shown the acumen to come up with the goods.

5) Podu (Kay Kay, Ranjith) The rocking number in the album. Supposedly a song being sung by students in their college campus, it is full of beans and the earthy tune is heightened by the effective use of percussion instruments. Kay Kay and Ranjith show that they are good at mass numbers. Yuvan's orchestration is original.

6) Unakku Endru Oruthi (Unni Menon) What else but a soft melodious number can one expect when it features Unni Menon. As usual to expectations, Unni Menon does his part well. A brief number in the album.

7) Dhalappa Kattuda (Sriram) A racy number featuring Sriram. His voice reminds one of Mano in his heydays. Touching the higher pitch with ease, Sriram has done a noteworthy job. This young lad has in him enough to make it big.

8) Geetha Mala (Devan, Ranjith, Sounder Rajan) A fusion of western peppy tunes and local rustic dappanguthu, it is sure to make it big. It begins with a bang with tharai and thappatai. Watchout for debutant Soundararajan who sings the number with such ease. Equally impressive is Yuvan using the guitar to its optimum.

alias
4th August 2005, 12:38 AM
Mr Judge, what did they say about Dass and Englishkaran songs.. same as OKK. Another winner from Yuvan and Deva :-)

I think it is typo error. Another Looser from Yuvan should have been the title :-)

Arjuna
5th August 2005, 09:12 PM
I guess Mr Nattamai works for indiaglitz ;)

alias
5th August 2005, 09:27 PM
He is data operator there. So he twisted the review :wink: