PDA

View Full Version : friendship

Oldposts
26th October 2004, 07:32 PM
Topic started by donna iannapollo (DIannapollo@rcl.lib.rochester.edu) (@ pc45-3.lib.rochester.edu) on Wed Jun 13 08:13:40 .

i would like any thoughts on why an indian man can not be friends with a non-indian woman. i am talking about friendship, not love. i need to get some "inside" information and help, please.

(i'm using my work email address)

Oldposts
Old responses (http://forumhub.com/expr/14599.9819.08.13.40.html)

Oldposts
Why are these RSS terrorists attempting such a pathetic and ridiculous attempt to fake me??

Donna - im really sorry that this should happen to your thread.

Faking geno isnt going to help these thugs. They are only hastening their destruction.

Oldposts
donna!
without u, this thread is an iraq without leader. resume ur role, if u can.
hope ur tamil learning is progressing great, as ever.

everbusy TN!
ungaL kaivaNNam kANathu polivizhanthu..

kajan!
yes, it was me, earlier. for the reasons explained earlier, i couldn't continue to post.
let me try again this time. (currently in my friend's place, where i have internet access).
well.. i honestly believe its time for u to return home. i will make sure that u don't feel odd on ur return to ulagam and we shall continue as before.

i just got reminded of my earlier work:
intha ulagam
sinthikka therintha ethirikaLaalum
ethirkka mudintha naNbarkaLaalum
thaan suvai peRum!

i feel being dishonest when i just show only my better side to my friends, even when i don't agree with them - in the event of maintaining our relationship. i don't do this to my best friends in real life. so, always assume that people are showing their interest and right on you, when they try to criticise you and so, don't get offended personally.

anyway, u can do what u feel right and appropriate.

geno,
u owe no explanations.

raju,
hope u r doing alright. when r u travelling next? did u watch 'pErazhagan' - what did u think?

Oldposts
akil?!!

Congrats on your progress!

:=)

Oldposts
i havent seen peraragan yet, they r not showing it in east london, i think.lets wait and see. i have not seen the mallu version yet either. there wont be any travelling for a while. need cash!!!!

Oldposts
TN, Enge ??

Donna Enge??

Oldposts
VaNakkam !

TN is very busy :-((
Pulavar Akilan varuga varuga varuga ! Kadiya soR kavinan Kajanavanukku oru sodukku. Rajiniyin visiRip pErarasu Raghuvan varuga. Ulagam sutRum Raju varuga !

Song for pulavar Akilan.

Thiriyil vanthavar yaarena kEttEn
Akilan enRaar thOzhi
Akilan enRaal avar viraiyum mugilaip pOl
MaRainthathu En thOzhi ?

ManRaththil veesum thenRalilE naan
Mayakkam koNdEn thOzhi.

(virainthu sellum mugiR koottangaLaip pOla Akilan thiriyil padhivu seythathum maRainthu vittaar enRu poruL koLga)

translation-
Akilan has disappeared like the moving clouds.

(first)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/WW00010H

Oldposts
"TN! (have u seen a film by name 'kAdhal kavithai'! just got reminded. i know, u don't see movies. i liked it. its a movie with 'kavithai's. i didn't mean 'isha Gopikar' :))"

Isha IshaaLE, Gopikar IshaaLE
Unga appanum, aaththaaLum
Set-ukku appaalE
Kundhi kidakkaaha
Angittu pOnaakkaa
Kaasaip paRippaaha
Engitta Odiyaa, engitta Odiyaa !

translation-
Set - studio enRu poruL koLga.
Isha Gopikar's parents are waiting outside the studio to take her money (Tamil actresses will be restricted by their parents and they will take all of the money earned by them)

(second)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/WW000L2R

Oldposts
Thalaivi is a veterinary doctor. Thalaivan avaLai paarththu paadiya paadal.

Maadu pOl manasithu thavikkuthu
Maattai nee thottathu pOl
Manathaith thodu
Manasu thaan, kai pada thudikkuthu.

(second)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/WW000L2R

Oldposts
Recently met the artist currently and formerly known as Prince except for a brief time when he was known as the artist formerly known as Prince.

Oldposts
TN
enna puthir?!
intha mukiL konjam kadalidam kadan vAngap ponAthu. meeNdum mazhaikkum, ippOthaikku.

kadan enRal kadamai enRum koLLalAm.

i just got reminded of my mazhai kavithai now! (its something like given below)

mazai mEgangaL
------------------

kathirukkum kadalakkum piRantha
karNaprabukkaL
aagayap panthalil
gauravam petRu
mazai ambugaLAl
intha boomiyaith thuLaikka
mallukattum veerarkaL.

Oldposts
Different & interesting metaphors!!!Good!

Oldposts
vanakkam - donna inge! romba busy, too. tamil is going so well. we are reading a story - The Magic Mango, let's see if I can spell that from memory.....eeek!....maaya maampazham? It is three pages long, I have never read so much Tamil in my life. My teacher was very pleased with my reading, even though it did not flow like a stream. In some parts of the story, I can read very fast but in other parts, I get bogged down on some of the words. So much is new but I have only ten minutes left on my lunch break and must practice reading maaya maampazham!

I'll try to stop in once a week.

Take care, all!

Oldposts
dear dona
hope you are keeping up fine
you are still on this tread
congrats for yoru effort really appraising

i remember last year you give asite where we can get lyrics fro tamil songs with translation can i get it from you again

thank s

govind.

Oldposts
govind,
unfortunately that site has been shut down. boy did i whine when THAT happened!!!!!!! i learn so much tamil from filmsongs. he still his his site there but it is inactive. here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/subashworld/ (http://www.geocities.com/subashworld/
)

i am still looking for a replacement site.

a friend gave me a link that has tamil lyrics in tamil script - which is really nice! i find that i am at the point now where i prefer to see the tamil letters, even though my speech is still quite slow! but then i think of how far i have come in a year and i am so happy!

see ya!

Oldposts
dear dona
rombo thanks
you are really fantastic.
those who have friend like you are realy lucky and those who would have you as her wife is the
richest man in this world
we keep in touch .
have a nice agood day .
if you dont mind can is send to you relaxing and worth thinking in life .
warm regards
govind.

Oldposts
I am Tamilan and I mix very well with other races. I feel very comfortable with other races as long as they respect me as a being.

Oldposts
Donna,

Good to hear your tamil lessons r going fine, I will let u & others know, once my movie is finished, probably in about 2 months time.

later

Oldposts
Donna,
Why are you not writing to me nowadays? Please send mails to my hotmail id (you know).

I am going thru some bad times. Please pray to Ganesha for things to become better.

Ramadas

TamilNattan and all others
remember me?

Oldposts
Ramadas!
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. As for writing, I suppose I could ask you the same question since I haven't heard from you in ages either. I am sorry to hear that there are problems. I just don't have any computer time these days. I could never forget you, ever! I'll talk to Ganesh and see what I can do to help :-) Say hello to your lovely family for me.

Oldposts
Ramadas,
Hope you checked your mail!!!!!

Oldposts
Donna , TN , akil how all of you ?

It is long period that I am in this thread .

Akil :

u said :

"....i will make sure that u don't feel odd on ur return to ulagam and we shall continue as before...."

Nothing to to feel odd. I don't have a single good issue to to release at ulgam.

Donna, ulgam means earth. I am happy that ur classes are going well.

TN : I miss ur songs. I could not allocate time to listem them.

Ramadas : How are you ?

all u take care.

Oldposts
[tscii:cfd34ee973]
akil!

Á¨Æ§Á¸í¸¨Ç - ¸÷½ôÀ¢ÃÒì¸Ç¡¸×õ, «õÒ¸û Å¢Îõ Å£Ã÷¸Ç¡¸×õ - º¢ò¾Ã¢ò¾¢ÕìÌõ Å¢¾õ «À¡Ãõ!

¯Ä¸õ ¾¢Ã¢Â¢ø ¿£í¸û þÐŨà ¬ì¸¢Â ¸Å¢¨¾¸û, þíÌ ¬ì¸¢Â¨Å - ÁüÚõ - ¸Å¢¨¾ôÀì¸í¸Ç¢ø ¬ì¸¢Â¨Å - ±øÄ¡Åü¨ÈÔõ §º÷òÐ - ´§Ã Ò¾¢Â ¾¢Ã¢Â¢ø þðÎÅ¢Îí¸û - ¸Å¢¨¾ô Àì¸í¸Ç¢ø! - ¯í¸û ¬ì¸í¸¨Çô ÀÄÕõ ´§Ã þ¼ò¾¢ø ÀÊôÀ¾üÌ Åº¾¢Â¡¸ þÕìÌõ!

'¯Ä¸ò¾¢Öõ', «ó¾ô Ò¾¢Â ¾¢Ã¢Â¢Öõ þΞ¡ø ´ýÚõ À¡¾¸Á¢ø¨Ä; þí§¸ «¾¢¸õ Åá¾ - ¸Å¢¨¾ô Àì¸ ¿ñÀ÷¸ÙìÌõ - ¯í¸û «Õ¨ÁÂ¡É ¬ì¸í¸û ¸¢¨¼ôÀ¾üÌ - ¿£í¸û '¸Å¢¨¾ô Àì¸í¸Ç¢ø' ´Õ ¾¢Ã¢ ÐÅ츢 þÎÅÐ - ¯¾Å¢Â¡¸ þÕìÌõ.

[/tscii:cfd34ee973]

Oldposts
hi donna
hope u r doing well! just wanted to mention, we celebrated our anniversary in the neighbour thread - 'ulagam enbathu eththanai pEr', a thread primarily started for our interests in tamil literature! we acknowledge that we all formed in to u a group and found our beginning from ur thread.

hi busy TN,
innum eththanai naaLaikku busy 'puraaNam'. ungaL paatuchchattham illaamal, intha veedugaL veRichOdi irukkinrana!

hi kajan!
good to see u back to us!

hi ramadas
my best wishes to u!

hi geno
thanks. i will consider ur suggestion. i thought about starting a separate thread, but i didn't materialise it b'cos:
1. i was lazy that i might not contribute regularly
2. it might put me off from ulagam thread, which i never wanted to happen
3. i didn't feel appropriate to show off my writing skills through a separate thread - especially amongst the legends like srimangai, thiruthakkan, kathir, VP etc.

Oldposts
donna....i need to send u the poster. write ad to my email.thanks

Oldposts
raju-

:-)

Oldposts
"i would like any thoughts on why an indian man can not be friends with a non-indian woman. "

who said so??? i'm an indian woman and i've got many non-indian friends. i can't believe that in today's world, there's so much prejudice about religion. what is religion? long ago, it was a barrier in society. it's sad to see that religion still plays this role. unfortunately, there's this problem even within the same religion. Indian: tamil,hindu,marathi... people talk even when a tamil girl love a hindu boy. but, both form part of hinduism. so, y so many problems?

Oldposts
i decided long time ago that if anyone asks me what religion i was (and believe me in east london u get asked that every week by bangladeeshis) i always say 'marley'. that confuses them alright.

Oldposts
Donna,
Checked my mail and responded to you. thanks for all your wishes. Hope I will get some good news in a few days.

TamilNattan,
How are you?

Oldposts
Why is this thread not getting posts?
By the Grace of Donna's special prayers I am getting some good news coming my way.

Oldposts
well good interesting news....i have got a new job from November with the London Museum for 10 months as a Oral historian !!!! collecting Tamil refugees life stories!!!!
hiii

Oldposts
erm...that should read museum of Londonn

Oldposts
Hi guys,
How are you? Returning back after a long long gap! Donna I thought and talked about a lot when we were in Niagra a couple weeks back!
Bhuvana.

Oldposts
Hi Raju!

Nice to have this thread back again!

Oldposts
Hi! My name is Thomas.anyone interested to be my friend? i'm 22 yrs doing my engg..Just reply back and tell me if
you're interested.
thomas771@rediffmail.com

Oldposts
Hello Donna and people

I have started with a Tamil school a short while ago and would like a little help. Would like to post a few questions now and then(little time),

1, alphabet 'La', When do you know when to use Mau'la' or Kombu'la'

Oldposts
fridge,

Please be more specific about your question :=)

The thamizh has 3 different variations for the l/L :

1) "la"

2) "La"

3) "zha" (special syllable which is somewhat similar to the way americans pronounce "r" in "america"!)

Can you give specific context-based examples like the words in which hey occur? - so that we can give specific inputs..thanx :=)

any way "experts" may soon be on the way..so keep in touch here

<a name="last"></a>

geno
4th November 2004, 02:49 AM
Whatever happened to Donna?!

And all those pppl. who used to frequent this thread?

Havent even a single one from the old camp registered in the new hub?

Fridge - you were asking for something..did u follow it up? :)

Reena
4th November 2004, 08:15 AM
Somebody tell me what this thread is about.

geno
6th November 2004, 12:37 AM
Somebody tell me what this thread is about.

Reena,

Donna Iannapolla, who started this thread - is an american, who lives in the state of New York(i guess) and works in an Universtiy?

She is an avid student of thamizh language and also an admirer of india and indian culture. She initially sought to find out if there were any indians who would want to be friends with her and share indian cultural and other issues here at the forumhub.

She started this thread at the old hub - in June 2001.

A lot of thamizhars and also ppl. from other nations used to post here and there was great camraderie amongst the enthusiastic participants here.

It still survives and has been chosen to be sustained in this 'new hub'!

But of late Donna and her friends have been less committed abt this thread and not much activity has been seen in the last several months.

I hope Donna & ppl. come back and start posting here again. :)

Sandeep
6th November 2004, 12:48 AM
Indian men are very shy (sounds feminine, or may be anxious) when it comes to socializing with Foriegn women.

May be it is because of the great difference in the way women respond in India and outside

Reena
6th November 2004, 06:09 AM
Thanks Geno.

Sandeep,
But I must say that I have more respect for Indian men who maintain their distance, as opposed to White men, who start flirting with a woman every chance they get. It gets me pissed off, when strangers try and start a convo with the intention to flirt. The other day, I'm in the library, looking at a book, and a guy,(white) just walks up to me and starts telling me about the book. Of coarse, everything he said was BS because I've read the novel before and thats not what its about. But the worst part is, he wanted my #. So I just geve him a random one and got the hell out of there. :?

Sandeep
8th November 2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks Geno.

Sandeep,
But I must say that I have more respect for Indian men who maintain their distance, as opposed to White men, who start flirting with a woman every chance they get. It gets me pissed off, when strangers try and start a convo with the intention to flirt. The other day, I'm in the library, looking at a book, and a guy,(white) just walks up to me and starts telling me about the book. Of coarse, everything he said was BS because I've read the novel before and thats not what its about. But the worst part is, he wanted my #. So I just geve him a random one and got the hell out of there. :?

Poor white guy :D

But then see it is the way they are brought up. So in western conditions he may actually be a very nice guy. Actually his behavior in the incident you mentioned is considered very elegant. I suggest next time refuse him politely (if you are married or have a boyfriend just say that) and he will not feel bad (fine print : I am not responcible for the aftermath :) ).

donna45
22nd November 2004, 11:52 PM
raju-

great news! i am very happy for you.

Bhuvana-
Had we known you were as close as Niagara Falls, we would have come to meet you somewhere :-(

Kajan
23rd November 2004, 12:02 AM
donna45,

Are u the same donna ? those two digits associated made me this question. u could have register with your name ?

donna45
23rd November 2004, 01:52 AM
Kajan,
yes, it is me - naan ingE irrukEn.

NOV
23rd November 2004, 04:16 PM
A warm welcome to Donna, the host of this long-running thread.
We hope you will find true friendship and solace here again. :)

Please increase your postings, so that you become a senior hubber soon. :D

nisha11
23rd November 2004, 06:28 PM
ellorukkum vanakkam-
romba nandri
d

donna45
28th November 2004, 09:22 PM
We just picked up the cassette with the Vidyasagar songs for the Hindi film Hulchul and, I am fairly certain that the first song is from Dhill. Not only that, the second song is from Run. I'm sure everyone has already caught the song from Baba that ARR has used in Swades.

Also, Kino Video, which is one of the most prestigious video catalogues in the world has decided to release its first "popular" Indian film and they have chosen Kandukondain Kandukondain. Even though it is not available until the Winter catalogue, the Fall catalogue features Aish on the cover, with a still from "Yenna Solla Pogirai" and the first page of the catalogue features the film, too.

There is going to be a five day South Asian film festival in NYC Dec. 1 - 5 and they are showing Mani Ratnam's Ayathyu Ezhuthu. This is the only "non-mainstream" film being shown, and I use the term loosely, since I guess most people don't consider Mani Ratnam's films to be "mainstream" or, at least that is what I hear form the parents of my Tamil classmates.

One other bit of North American news is that Autograph was the only Indian film chosen to be shown at the very well-respected Montreal film festival a few months ago.

romba nalla....

donna45
28th November 2004, 09:24 PM
I meant to say AE is the only "mainstream" film chosen - sorry!

Raghu
29th November 2004, 10:36 PM
Hi Donna,

Remember me, :)

well, How are you, long time , no hear, hope and pray every one is fine & healthy.

Remember I have been telling you that I am acting in a Tamil Film, well, here it is, It is Called 'Santharpam' , meaning Circumstances, I play the hero role!, the film, we are hoping to release it by Pongal (January), I will try and attach the film poster here, but it is too Big!!

The film will be released world wide on DVD, VCD, Video , including USA/Canada/Middle East.

Hello Kajan,

LOng time, no hear again, where have you been, hope and pray every one is fine & healthy.

vatta

donna45
30th November 2004, 01:53 AM
romba exciting to have a star in our midst :-)

Kajan
2nd December 2004, 06:28 PM
Donna,
Still going for Tamil classes ?

Raghu,
I can not find proper time for hub and I haven't find any suitable titles for post.

By the way I got married before two months. u know that ? How is your life is going on ? How is your work ?

nirosha sen
2nd December 2004, 08:57 PM
Oh please! You can't be the same Raghuvaran????? :shock:

geno
3rd December 2004, 12:17 AM
Nirosha,

Raghu is a friendly old-timer from the old forumhub. And nope he is not "that" Raghuvaran - though he's a huge fan of raghuvaran! :) (but only after Rajinikanth! :lol: )

This Raghu lives in europe and this films was mostly shot in europe (i guess!) and he has been "threatening" to release his film posters for friends like us - here at the hub - but he still hasn't done that yet! :lol:

Hey Raghu,

enga unga poster innum kANOm?! :)

Bad Boy
3rd December 2004, 12:45 AM
Raghu,
why don't you create a website and post the link here. I don't think that our ad-mods have anything against. And if yse, then they would for sure make an exception.

I vote for you!

donna45
7th December 2004, 07:11 PM
yes, i am still in tamil class.

skanthan
23rd January 2006, 01:59 AM
Can anyone help me with my Tamil learning here on forum? I have not done much Tamil learning since 2 years and I want to start again. Thank you.

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 03:07 PM
nice thread ...

skanthan
26th January 2006, 05:25 PM
Hey udhaya(donna)!

Do you remember me? How are you doing with your thamizh?

Regards,
Skan

Awarua
29th May 2006, 04:41 PM
Good to find this thread is still going, even in its abreviated form. I used to post in it a lot back on the old Forumhub. My moniker was Mutzi then.

*waves to all the old Hubbers, who may not remember her*

:wave: :mrgreen:

shalitha
3rd June 2006, 04:52 AM
I don't have any friends. Any one want to be my friend? :roll: i feel lonely. :oops:

madhu
3rd June 2006, 07:58 AM
:P Hi to all :wave:

ramky
3rd June 2006, 08:00 AM
Hi shalitha !

How r u ? You can come to the Paatukku paatu thread in Permanent Topics section ( Click here ) (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=590805#590805) and play antakshari as well as chat with others. You are sure to make many friends there. Anyway I would like to be your friend ! :-)

There's also the Introduction topic ( Click here ) (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=408&start=150) in Hubber's Lounge where you can meet people.

bw tc

Hulkster
3rd June 2006, 08:29 AM
Friendship and Love are one of the most misunderstood relationships...some see both totally differently...some see them as a path to one another.

Usually in these days, girls and boys tend to make friends with another and then after a while fall in "love" with them...here they are using friendship as a tool for understanding and eventually love. But is it what it is meant to be?

Friendship although sharing similar things like love..is different in the case that your looking at your friend as your own sibling...in fact friendship can be regarded as a alternative word for siblinghood....its like your making more brothers and sisters. You help them when they are in trouble...share your secrets with them...just like real siblings. In this way your also developing a emotional bond with them once you regard them as your friends...which can also extend beyond life just like love.

Annan thangai kodukka mudiyaatha paasam...ariya mudiyaatha kashtam...natpu yendra punithamana uraaval kandukkulam..anubavikkalam.

Usually if one person sees friends as anything other than like brother or sister...the chances of them falling in love after that person becomes very close to them is high...it usually depends on our perception of friendship whether it leads to love or what friendship really is. Make your choices properly people...remember that both are different although they are similar in certain aspects.

ramky
3rd June 2006, 08:52 AM
Friend And Acquaintance

There is a difference between being an acquaintance and being a friend. An acquaintance is someone whose name you know, who you see every now and then, who you probably have something in common with and who you feel comfortable around.

It's a person that you can invite to your home and share things with. But they are people who you don't share your life with, whose actions sometimes you don't understand because you don't know enough about them.

On the other hand, a friend is someone you love. Not that you are "in love" with them, but you care about them and you think about them when they are not there. The people you are reminded of when you see something they might like, and you know this because you know them so well. They are the people whose pictures you have and whose faces are in your head regardless.

Friends are the people you feel safe around because you know they care about you. They call just to see how you are doing, because a friend doesn't need an excuse. They tell you the truth, the first time, and you do the same. You know that if you have a problem, they are there to listen.

Friends are the people who won't laugh at you or hurt you, and if they do hurt you they try hard to make it up to you. They are the people you love, regardless of whether you realize it.

Friends are the people you cried with when you got rejected from colleges and during the last song at the prom and at graduation. They are the people that when you hug them, you don't think about how long to hug and who's going to be the first one to let go.

Maybe they are the people that hold the rings at your wedding, or maybe they are the people you marry. Maybe they are the people who cry at your wedding because they are happy or because they are proud.

They are the people who stop you from making mistakes and help you when you do. They are they people who took the blame on themselves for the blunder You committed at the office.

They are are the people whose hand you can hold, or you can hug or give them a kiss and not have it be awkward because they understand the things you do and they love you for them.

They can drop in on you when you are watching your most favourite TV serial or sitcom or sports show , without being thought the worse for it ... and you can do the same with them too.

They are the ones with whom you can have a heated debate over which political party is fit to rule the country - whether Capitalist or Communist - without being shown the cold shoulder for your leanings.

They stick with you and stand by you. They hold your hand. They watch you live and you watch them live and you learn from them. Your life is not the same without them.

ab_123
3rd June 2006, 09:37 AM
IMO, 'Infatuation' is often mixed up with 'Being in Love'

Love, itself, has different definitions:

Between Man and Wife: Love means caring enough about the other person to understand his/her weakness, and have the ability to compromise when necessary; and commitment to the relationship through the various stages

Between Mother and Child: Unconditional love. Happens instantaneously (most of the time)

shalitha
5th June 2006, 05:51 AM
Hi shalitha !

How r u ? You can come to the Paatukku paatu thread in Permanent Topics section ( Click here ) (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=590805#590805) and play antakshari as well as chat with others. You are sure to make many friends there. Anyway I would like to be your friend ! :-)

There's also the Introduction topic ( Click here ) (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=408&start=150) in Hubber's Lounge where you can meet people.

bw tc

Hi Ramky,
hope ure fine. Thank you so much. Im very proud of you. :notworthy:

ramky
5th June 2006, 06:04 AM
Hi shalitha !

bw tc

Hi Ramky,
hope ure fine. Thank you so much. Im very proud of you. :notworthy:

hi shalitha

np, ur welcome ! so if ur free u cn click the above link and come to paatukku paatu topic. btw chating is also allowed there ! :smile of welcome:

madhu
5th June 2006, 06:34 AM
HI Shalitha !

welcome to PP section..
I want to make a small change in Ramky's words..
In PP section we are usualy chat :oops:
and as per the rules we we must post somg Pattukku pattu also.. :P

illatti moderators vandhu adippanga :lol:

come and be with us.. :D

Raikkonen
5th June 2006, 10:03 AM
I have lot of chinese friends here, few Indian and Malay friends..

Collegele romba comedy ah irukkum..
9 am ku college vanthonne, homework senjiya, revision panniyannu kekkave mattanunga..

engada lunch ku polamnu than keppanunga..
:lol:

ramky
5th June 2006, 10:22 AM
I have lot of chinese friends here, few Indian and Malay friends..

Collegele romba comedy ah irukkum..
9 am ku college vanthonne, homework senjiya, revision panniyannu kekkave mattanunga..

engada lunch ku polamnu than keppanunga..
:lol:

Rakko thambi, college-le pOna neenge saapadE pathi nenaka koodathu.
padipu pathithaan nenakanum.
appo than future-le periya comedian-a varalaam ! :P

Raikkonen
6th June 2006, 11:17 AM
Perusa oru doctor-o engineer o vakkeel o ava apdine solluveengannu patta comedin -ah?

mgb
6th June 2006, 12:21 PM
A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother of pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going. After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book. "Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there" The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is heaven," was the answer.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold streets and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No. I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen out the folks who'll leave their best friends behind."

ramky
6th June 2006, 03:47 PM
Perusa oru doctor-o engineer o vakkeel o ava apdine solluveengannu patta comedin -ah?

Raikko thambi : ungal nagaichuvai rasanaiyai paathuttu thamma kannu apdi sonnen ! neenga Doctor + Engineer + Vakkeel + Comedian aavatharku enn vaazhthukkkal !

Raikkonen
6th June 2006, 08:34 PM
Oruthane epdi doctorah vakeela engineera ava mudiyum

mgb
6th June 2006, 08:36 PM
Oruthane epdi doctorah vakeela engineera ava mudiyum
avaru ninga cinemala comedy rolea vesham kattumbodhu, podara veshangala solraar

skanthan
21st June 2006, 03:38 AM
Dear Donna aka udhaya,

Are you still there? I have not seen you on Forum for so long!

suma
21st June 2006, 11:26 AM
Hi donna, After all these discussions, do u still feel Indian men do not mingle with non indian women?

Hulkster
21st June 2006, 11:37 AM
Do you mean Indian as in the country or indians living worldwide? Over here i dunt see any difference between mingling with non indian women and mingling with indian women. In fact there are only two different sections of people here...men and women...and things like religion and race are almost unheard of here. I guess it depends on how we set our mind on..if we see women as women instead of viewing them with their identities then mingling will not be a problem. But if we show a favouritism or favourable response to a particular section/identity of woman then it will be hard to mingle with others.

Lambretta
21st June 2006, 04:00 PM
Do you mean Indian as in the country or indians living worldwide? Over here i dunt see any difference between mingling with non indian women and mingling with indian women. In fact there are only two different sections of people here...men and women...and things like religion and race are almost unheard of here. I guess it depends on how we set our mind on..if we see women as women instead of viewing them with their identities then mingling will not be a problem. But if we show a favouritism or favourable response to a particular section/identity of woman then it will be hard to mingle with others.
IMO, depends on how the women present themselves ie. their attitude towards the men....& in this regard, most Indian women (not jus those in India) appear different from their western/other ethnic counterparts......
As for men, well, I dont see much diff. in them regardless of the race/nationality! :P :lol:
Jokes apart, their r exceptions in all identities of men! :)

crazy
22nd June 2006, 05:13 PM
why cant an indian man be friend with a non indian woman?

this is so new :roll: :huh: ............i feel indians r friendly or quite ok. :)

donna45
30th June 2006, 07:22 PM
hi, i haven't been here in almost two years. i was looking for info on surya's new movie, that brought me here. i was very surprised to see that my thread still exists.

Hulkster
30th June 2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome back Donna Maam/Sir...as you know the hub has changed with a new hubbers lounge...please make yourself comfortable here and visit the hub more frequently..we need the experience of our ex hubbers..:D

ramky
1st July 2006, 04:21 AM

this is so new :roll: :huh: ............i feel indians r friendly or quite ok. :)

Vaasi : they can be friendly, but in India its frowned upon by the
society. but its accepted if the man is rich and belongs to the upper class ! :-) also depends on the man's family whether they mistake this friendship as an affair between the indian man and the non indian woman.

shalushalu
1st July 2006, 03:05 PM
That is so .... (cant find the word... :( )

What does race/religion/ethnicity have to do with friendship or even love for that matter ???

Indian or Non, if the relationship is solid and viable, what's so wrong in pursuing ???

Coming from a typical Indian family myself, I know the hurdles I'd have to face, if I was in one. But, honestly, I'd take a stand....

Shouldnt I ??

crazy
3rd July 2006, 02:57 PM

Vaasi : they can be friendly, but in India its frowned upon by the
society. but its accepted if the man is rich and belongs to the upper class ! :-) also depends on the man's family whether they mistake this friendship as an affair between the indian man and the non indian woman.

but its ok when u lives in foreign countries, isnt?
f.ins i have non indian friends( :lol: naan indiane illa, idhulla non indian) and so do my brothers.............i dont find anything strange here!

ramky
3rd July 2006, 03:52 PM
vaasi : ya its ok if a person is not living in india !

crazy
3rd July 2006, 04:08 PM
vaasi : ya its ok if a person is not living in india !

hm whatever........ :)

Shakthiprabha.
5th October 2006, 03:04 PM
Whether its non-indian woman or indian woman.....

I find indians in most cases, ARE NOT YET MATURE AND BIG HEARTED TO UNDERSTAND FRIENDSHIP.

It is still disgustingly sick
when ppl mistake friendship to be affair.
Shows how cheap and narrow minded our community is.

However older or younger the person may be NOTHING MATTERS to some gossip mongers.

Recently I was shocked to listen to a gossip of about middle aged lady and a young boy.

Its sad and pathetic to know that one 45 year old lady and 25 year old lad who are plain friends and spend lot of time with each other discussing and chatting their wave length is portrayed cheaply by neighbourhood.

TONGUE LEASHING IS the most cheapest thing any person can do.

Human beings esp INDIANS are great at it.

SHAME ON US.