PDA

View Full Version : Fareinhieght 9/11

Surya
19th July 2005, 01:00 AM
One of the best documentaries that I have ever seen in my life! Very thought provoking! Really exposed Bush and other aspects of the United States, Iraq, the media etc.

I was blown away when I first saw it!!!!

Anyone ese feel the same way?

priyajoyson
19th July 2005, 03:40 PM
It is really mind blowing. But I was told probably that the whole documentary is a gimmick. I was really applaled by the politicians expressions, before they all gave interviews to the media regarding the incident and I was told probably they have taken pictures of the politicians in some other occasions and have inserted it.

But most of the things were true and obviously nothing has been done about that.

I have realised when one has money and power, the people think they can play gods in other people's life, but they don't realise that nothing lasts forever and that includes them.

But my heart really goes out for the innocent victims with lovable family who left their houses with trust and hope, that they will come back home later and are just gone in a minute from the face of this world.

But time does not stop for anything, we just carry on with it :cry: :cry: :cry:

alwarpet_andavan
19th July 2005, 04:11 PM
I haven't watched it but i've seen reviews of it (something i generally try to avoid). I could see both kinds of reviews - those praising it and those criticizing it. I shouldn't really be comenting without seeing the movie, but i think Mike Moore tells only half the story in the movie and ignores other points begging to be raised.
BTW, want to get my hands on "The Motorcycle Diaries" too

Surya
29th July 2005, 01:35 AM
It is a political film, but Miceal Moore doesn't really support any party. He redicules everything in the film, Republicans, Democrats, The Media. Everything. That movie really changed my view on Iraq War as well.

Sinthiya
2nd August 2005, 08:43 AM
I thought the movie was interesting and made the audience think about the reasons for and aftermath of the Iraq war. It provokes all sorts of feelings from disbelief, anger, sadness, to even laughter.

Riveting, whether certain parts may be true or false...

Surya: I like your avatar...Surya looks good! :)

Surya
5th August 2005, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the avatar compliment.

Yeah, some parts are propaganda, but I thought that most of it was the truth. Some parts where the propaganda kicks in, are the ones with the opinions of the soldiers in the war. I'm sure there are many who don't fell exactly how the ones that were interveiwed did.