PDA

View Full Version : National awards or Filmfare awards

Cinefan
13th July 2005, 03:59 PM
The National awards for 2004 has been announced&the winners are Saif for Hum Tum &Aishwarya for Raincoat.

Is this the National awards or Filmfare/Screen/Stardust awards?,it's clearly the nadir. :( Even Anil Kapoor for Pukar looks great in comparison.

A few corrections:Ash is not the best actress but Kannada actress Tara(who played Kamal's sister in Nayakan)for Girish kasaravalli's kannada film 'Haseena'.

Though my intial question is relevant,how can prestigious best actor,best film awards go to Saif&Page 3?

sanjay
13th July 2005, 04:05 PM
entirely agree.

RajaRam
13th July 2005, 04:10 PM
So one day Rajini and Vijay will get national award.
:lol:

cucushock
13th July 2005, 04:11 PM

who knows but makkal manathil idam pidittathu ithai vide perithu :wink:

Cinefan
13th July 2005, 04:19 PM
To add to this nonsense,Page 3 has been adjudged the best film&Madhur Bhandarkar the Best director. :evil:

Correction:
Madhur is not the best director but Buddhadev dasgupta for his Bengali film 'Swapner Din'.Logically should not the director of the Best film also get the best director award?

How can Page 3 be best film while Buddhadev be best director for a different film?

alwarpet_andavan
13th July 2005, 04:42 PM
Cinefan,
I've been saying this all along.
By the same token, even the Oscars are guilty of pampering to populist sentiments ignoring quality - Titanic, Lord of the rings (yuck!), Rocky(!?!) etc.........

Inge thiramaiyanavargalukku, nalla padaippugalukku kandippaga virudhugal kidaikkum, aanaal ella virudhugalum thiramayanavargalukko, nalla padaippugalukko kidaippadhu endru solla iyalaadhu

In fact, my impression on Cannes dipped after seeing Aishwarya Rai in the jury, Mallika Sherawat's flick being premiered and also Urmila's Naina. Surely, there are better works/people in India crying for attention, for fuck's sake!

alwarpet_andavan
13th July 2005, 04:43 PM
BTW, who were the contenders from south of the Vindhyas in the important categories?

vincent
13th July 2005, 04:49 PM

UN PEACHE THAANI MIKE

Cinefan
13th July 2005, 04:57 PM
BTW, who were the contenders from south of the Vindhyas in the important categories?

Don't know, but looks like Vidyasagar has bagged the best MD award for K.Vishwanath's "Swarnabhishekam'.Autograph along with Veer Zaara( :evil: )has the 'Best Entertainment film'award though I fail to understand what was so entertaining in both the movies.

Autograph was good but left you with a heavy heart,it's not what you call "entertainment" while Veer zaara was looooooooooooong&boring.

Udit is Best Playback(Male)for Yeh tara(Swades)&Bose is the best patriotic(?)film.Swades has got some technical awards,I think.

None of the websites are carrying the entire list still.

cucushock
13th July 2005, 04:57 PM

UN PEACHE THAANI MIKE

unake puriyuthe mike
sile paye makkavuke puriyalaye :(

Thiru
13th July 2005, 05:12 PM
moving it to the appropriate forum

Cinefan
13th July 2005, 05:31 PM
http://sify.com/movies/others/fullstory.php?id=13895191

Here's a more comprehensive list-doesn't mention best MD&best Tamil,telugu....... films.

Chitra is Best playback(Female)for 'Ovvuru pookkalume-Autograph'.

Pa.Vijay is best lyricist-Autograph

Cinefan
13th July 2005, 05:54 PM
http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/nationalawards2005.html

A more detailed list but it gets the name of the Best director wrong.

Alien
13th July 2005, 06:02 PM
Logically should not the director of the Best film also get the best director award?

Not really :?

Cinefan
13th July 2005, 06:11 PM
Logically should not the director of the Best film also get the best director award?

Not really :?

:?

If Page 3 is the Best film made in India last year then who takes credit for it,obviously the director right?

Then automatically Madhur should be given the Best director award.

How can you tell him "your film is the best but you are not responsible for it".

Similarly if Buddhadev was the Best director last year,so should be his film.

I don't get the logic.

Alien
13th July 2005, 06:31 PM
Well Cinefan, I couldn't just justify that, but i can put forth another analogy to counter it.
A film which deserves the best story award may not necessarily deserve the best screenplay award and vice versa , though this ananlogy mite sound inane or obvious compared 2 ur one .
Anyway, I don't think the best film's director should deserve the best director award :?

nilavupriyan
13th July 2005, 06:36 PM
Well Cinefan, I couldn't just justify that, but i can put forth another analogy to counter it.
A film which deserves the best story award may not necessarily deserve the best screenplay award and vice versa , though this ananlogy mite sound inane or obvious compared 2 ur one .
Anyway, I don't think the best film's director should deserve the best director award :?
you are right.a best film comprises good story,screenplay,acting and direction.the director is only a part.

Alien
13th July 2005, 06:39 PM
you are right.a best film comprises good story,screenplay,acting and direction.the director is only a part.

:D :D Oh Gr8!!, Isn't Nilavu's answer apt Cinefan? :)

nilavupriyan
13th July 2005, 06:49 PM
cinefan,
sometimes direction may be so good.but the story and screenplay may not be so good to give best film award.
sometimes the film may be extra-orninary.but the direction may not be great.

for eg:iyarkai is a nice film overall.good story,screenplay,music,photography,direction.but how can u give best director for him...its not extraordinary.only best film award can be given

Niranjana
24th July 2005, 09:04 AM
Ash has done a neat job in Raincoat. But Rani was even better in "Black". She should have got the best actress award. The woman was brilliant!

Nerd
24th July 2005, 09:19 AM
I guess raincoat was not considered for this awards.. this year..

Niranjana
27th July 2005, 08:53 PM
So which movie did Ash get it for?

Nerd
27th July 2005, 09:51 PM
err.. AFAIK, Aish dint win any awards this year.. Best actress was tara for a kannada movie.. my previous post should read: I guess black was not considered for the awards, this year.. actually raincoat won the national award for best hindi film :)

Niranjana
29th July 2005, 08:04 AM
Black wasn't considered? How unfair!!!! I wonder why?

ssanjinika
29th July 2005, 10:25 PM

There are so many aspects to film eg.editing,cinematography,acting,directing etc etc
The best director award goes to a person who did his job(directing) well..which would be visible in the way the actors potray their characters,flow of the movie etc etc.

The best film award should go to a movie which is good overall and there are not too many flaws in the entire movie not just in acting or direction.

This is what I think is the basis of having these 2 seperate categories ..ofcourse it has nothing todo with the announced national awards which according to me is a huge joke.
Saif ali khan best actor :rotfl:

Hyderbadi
29th July 2005, 10:30 PM

There are so many aspects to film eg.editing,cinematography,acting,directing etc etc
The best director award goes to a person who did his job(directing) well..which would be visible in the way the actors potray their characters,flow of the movie etc etc.

The best film award should go to a movie which is good overall and there are not too many flaws in the entire movie not just in acting or direction.

This is what I think is the basis of having these 2 seperate categories ..ofcourse it has nothing todo with the announced national awards which according to me is a huge joke.
Saif ali khan best actor :rotfl:

Saif Ali Khan is not a bad actor at all. He has improved greatly since his older films and he was very good in Hum Tum and Kal Ho Na Ho.

ssanjinika
29th July 2005, 10:55 PM
Ya rite..and that deserves a national award ???!!!

I will not agree that hes an actor of that calibre.He has long ways to go yet.
There are movies and then there are movies .In IMHO HumTum falls in the first category.

Hyderbadi
29th July 2005, 11:10 PM
Ya rite..and that deserves a national award ???!!!

I will not agree that hes an actor of that calibre.He has long ways to go yet.
There are movies and then there are movies .In IMHO HumTum falls in the first category.

its hard to say...it depends on what the criteria they use to nominees is.

ssanjinika
29th July 2005, 11:18 PM
Come on Hydrabadi...say truthfully do you think he deserves a national award? Irrespective of the category what was the great thing he achieved in humtum ??Didnt his acting remind you of his character in the evergreen Dil Chahta hai? Was his acting so great that you held on to your seat and couldnt let go?
Yes he is a good actor who has improved quite a bit since his Parampara days but I def dont think it deserves a national award.

Hyderbadi
30th July 2005, 02:53 AM
Come on Hydrabadi...say truthfully do you think he deserves a national award? Irrespective of the category what was the great thing he achieved in humtum ??Didnt his acting remind you of his character in the evergreen Dil Chahta hai? Was his acting so great that you held on to your seat and couldnt let go?
Yes he is a good actor who has improved quite a bit since his Parampara days but I def dont think it deserves a national award.

well, if you put it that way, the only thing he deserves is a pat on the back. There are many other actors taht are much better htan him. SRK, Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, and even Emraan Hashmi probably deserved an award more than him.

P_R
1st August 2005, 02:46 PM
Who were the other contenders in the Actor, Movie categories ?
I haven't seen Hum Tum so I don't want to comment about Saif's award. I really liked him DCH. See, something of that sort doesn't cause the radar to blip at all in the awards circuit. Instead they push it to someone who played the role of a miserable old man, who had suffering for breakfast,lunch and dinner.Sobriety and pathos may be touching but need not necessarily be the most demanding performance. MMKR would have killed Kamal as much as Nayakan did.And it is good that they've started acknowledging it.

Again I've not seen HT so the award may be wrong, but let's just see if two wrongs make a right.

Niranjana
2nd August 2005, 01:59 PM
Saif Ali has got the acting abilities of his father and the sports talent from his mother. So there's no question of him being eligible for the National Award. But if you are rich & famous & love awards, you can easily get them. I'm sure he's bribed the Jury.

nilavupriyan
2nd August 2005, 04:42 PM
Saif Ali has got the acting abilities of his father and the sports talent from his mother. So there's no question of him being eligible for the National Award. But if you are rich & famous & love awards, you can easily get them. I'm sure he's bribed the Jury.
the government may have apologised this way for arresting his father