PDA

View Full Version : M. Night Shyamalan

Pages : [1] 2

Oldposts
10th July 2005, 03:10 PM
Topic started by NOV on Tue Feb 15 21:17:46 .

M. Night Shyamalan is now a household name, what with his nomination for Oscars.

But there are some facts about him that many of us are not aware.

For instance, did you know that Sixth Sense is his thirdfilm?

And that he acted in the lead role in his first film?

Oldposts
His movies are as follows:

1. Praying with Anger
See review: http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/p/praying.html (http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/p/praying.html
)

2. Wide Awake
See review: http://www.canoe.ca/JamMoviesReviewsW/wideawake_braun.html (http://www.canoe.ca/JamMoviesReviewsW/wideawake_braun.html
)

3. Sixth Sense
See review: http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/p/praying.html (http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/p/praying.html
)
See official site: http://movies.go.com/sixthsense/index.html (http://movies.go.com/sixthsense/index.html
)

See here for interview ith Syamalan after Wide Awake: http://www.dailyaztec.com/archive/1998/04/14/file015.html (http://www.dailyaztec.com/archive/1998/04/14/file015.html
)

Pls. read above links and comment.

Oldposts
"To M. Night Shyamalan's credit, he strove for something lavish and ambitious in this, his first effort. While Praying with Anger is often tedious because of its lack of originality, there are occasional glimpses of promise which indicate that Shyamalan may have a future in film making. Overall, however, Praying with Anger relies on too much stock material for it to warrant anything more than a passing interest. "

interesting words!

Oldposts
Interview with Shyamalan's mum after nominations for OSCAR:

http://www.rediff.com/entertai/2000/feb/24jaya.htm

Oldposts
he deserved oscar, oscar group was biased

Oldposts
sixth sense was good direction

Oldposts
It is ridiculous Night shyamalam is a old Fashioned fellow all he knows is Karma and second life and Ghosts , all his stories and movies are based on that sure thing he is making me sick with same kind of stories but sure his direction is good, Tell me why he did not get OScars ???was he shy? or he did not have enough Fana in Hollywood??? Will he ever make a another Superhit like Sixth Sense , that will prove his Talent unmistakably......Wish him good luck to get new thoughts ....and new ideas ...shyamalam wake up man the Ghosts are gone.......LOL

Oldposts
whatever anyone says 6th sense was a great film andthis week has overtaken Phantom menaces' collection!!

Oldposts
Sixth Sense was a good movie.I have a film script which is excellent story for Hollywood.Based on my perception,I know your thinking about story for a movie.And i feel this subject of mine is very good for you to consider to make a movie.If you are interested please contact me at the following email id.
bye

Oldposts
njhjbhjb

Oldposts
Hello Mr Shyamalan I have seen your films Sixth Sense & Unbreakable & really loved them a lot though I did not get an oppurtunity to see your films Praying with anger & Wide awake, but hope to see them soon . Sir I am from India & work as an Asst Film Editor in Bombay,but my basic aim is to become a Director & the reason I took up editing was because I wanted to get acquainted with the basics of film making.
Sir is it possible that I can assit you on any of your forthcoming project.
Thank you.

Oldposts
Hello Mr Shyamalan I have seen your films Sixth Sense & Unbreakable & really loved them a lot though I did not get an oppurtunity to see your films Praying with anger & Wide awake, but hope to see them soon . Sir I am from India & work as an Asst Film Editor in Bombay,but my basic aim is to become a Director & the reason I took up editing was because I wanted to get acquainted with the basics of film making.
Sir is it possible that I can assit you on any of your forthcoming project.
Thank you.

Oldposts
Hi Mr Shyamalan, you have made 2 great movies out of nothing! I'm really impressed! Keep it up and hope to see more in the future! Probably I will have a role in one of the movies when I graduate from university in london( could you give me a role play ). I'm keen in acting and I need some where to start off.
Thankyou

Oldposts
A.R what uni in london you at? did you think therewas toooo much Camera work to actually concentrate on the film it self?

Oldposts
hi, i really liked your movies.keep up the good work.i watched unbreakable on new year's eve and it was really good and i'm looking forward for your new movie.

Oldposts
hi mr syamala we a proud for you......go tamila go
go and catch a highst place in hoolywood...bye

Oldposts
Dear mr.Shyamala,i just got chance to watch the Unbreakable after searching for it long time i finally watchted it and i think that's one brilliant movie i ever watched.And you got that talent as well *sporthall scene :)
I can only say, keep up the good work, believe the mysteries out there are wait to be seek.

Regards,

Oldposts
Hi Mr. Shyamalan,

I have never felt this way in my life..
I met someone and have been communicating with each other for about a year now..
color, gestures, positions, stillness and subtlenss are some of the elements that we have been communicating with, but actual verbal communication between us is poor and closed.
this speechless and intense feeling I have is becoming hurtful to myself. I want to talk to someone like you who value these subtle details in life...

Desmation
ICQ 7002526

Oldposts
Hello Mr Shayamalan This is viral from India.I have a very good script for a movie.If you can contact me and at least give me your email id,I will send you the script.Your movie subjects are frankly just bring out the indian spirituality and reincarnation and the things the normal mind would'nt think of ...Thats what makes them interesting!I have got a similar script

Oldposts
This is my email id
viral_doshi1@rediffmail.com

I have a terrific idea for a movie subject which you might be interested in.Please give me your email id.I will send you the script.Thanks.

Oldposts
I saw Praying With Anger this weekend (6/30) and thought it was so beautiful and meaningful. I was surprised to learn the lead actor, M. Knight Shyalaman, at the age of 22, I believe, was the same person who wrote, produced and directed this wonderful film. I wondered how does such a young person have such insight? I looked him up on the net the first chance I got and then realized he was behind Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Praying with Anger was his first film. I am searching to buy this movie on video to have all my friends and family watch it. One can learn a lot from it. I think it has not gotten the attention it deserves. I hope it will be shown more often for others to enjoy the way I did. And I hope I can find it on video.

Oldposts
manoj makes us feel proud of being & also we get the feeiling that india can give good world class directors

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan,

May I jump on the bandwagon? Judging from your other responses you're getting, it seems the momentum of notoriety is on.

Hopes of some form of personal contact is the purpose of my response. Considering the medium which is engaged I know the prospects are minimal. Regardless, may I continue?

The reason that I even pursue your association is that the circumstances that lead to viewing some of your work were almost as poignant as your scripts.

Professionally speaking my only relationship to show business is that I've built a few stages, I'm a carpenter by trade. But, as an artist one knows all aspects of creativity are a source of self enlightenment. Sensing similar tendancies in your filmaking we may have something in common

Having viewed "6th Sense", and now "Unbreakable" has confirmed my confidence in your 'sadhana' of directing. The references that brought me to the first viewing of your work ( 6th Sense )were not from the typical media hype. Your film was recommended to me by a Gosvami.

Hollywood, Bollywood, Smallywood is not relevant to the "BIG" picture. The potential for your advancement is beyond what you may know. Are you listening to me? Now, all I need is your credit card number. Does some of this sound familiar?

Mr.Shyamalan, I appreciate your valuable time and hope I may further elaborate on my humble intentions.

Thank you, sincerely,

Chas. D. Lind
po box 320362
los gatos, ca 95032

Oldposts
Hello Mr. Shyamalan. My name is Bryan Woods and I started writing screenplays when I was fourteen. When I was younger I knew I wanted to be a writer. I wanted to write novels because I wanted my writing to be original and smart. It wasn't going to be the same thing over and over again. I wanted to show people something they had never read before. So I had decided to begin writing novels because as far as I knew they were much smarter and much more original than movies. But I was wrong. On august 6 of 1999 I saw a movie called the Sixth Sense. It changed the way I looked at movies forever. I realized that movies can be just as smart as books and much more smart when created as brilliantly as you had created The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I as a screenwriter have realized a few very important things. Things I learned from Shyamalan. I learned that originality is extremely important. I learned that when writing a script I should make sure that the story needs to be told in form of a movie. Like how Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense needed to be seen rather than read because of the many visual clues that Shyamalan uses. Thankyou Night for everything you have taught me. I am now 16 years old and I have written two full length screenplays. My friends and I also make short films that I both write and direct. Our website is www.imagineworks.8m.com
I don't know that Shyamalan will actually ever read this but it sounded like, from many of the posts above, that he might. So if you ever read this send me an email at Bryguy3455@aol.com
Even if it is just to say hi. Thanks again for creating two of my most favorite movies. Thankyou for being so damn brilliant!!! Thankyou for teaching me so much!!!

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shayamalan,

My family has a debate going over "The Sixth Sense". We are arguing over whether Cole knows that Dr. Crowe is dead throughout the movie. Please e-mail me with the answer to that question so we can put this topic to rest. Thank you.

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shayamalan,

My family has a debate going over "The Sixth Sense". We are arguing over whether Cole knows that Dr. Crowe is dead throughout the movie. Please e-mail me with the answer to that question so we can put this topic to rest. Thank you.

Oldposts
M. Night Shyamalan,
I have read that you are working on a new movie title; "SIGNS", about NAZCA plains drawings and extra-terrestrials. Have you read RAEL's book;
"The message given to me by extra-terrestrials." It speaks about the ELOHIM who are scientist from another planet who came here to create us in laboratories.
Check; The Elohim story at: http://www.theraelian.com

Oldposts
http://www.theraelian.com/embassy.htm (http://www.theraelian.com/embassy.htm
)

Why Do They Need an Embassy?

They are not invaders. They have shown their desire to come, but they respect our choice to say no. It is up to us to invite them, and our invitation is the embassy. It's the least we can do. They created us. Without them we would not even exist. "For us, they are the most important people in the universe. Would you send your guests out to sleep on the street or do you invite them in to the love and warmth of your own home?" — Rael

The following excerpts from Rael's The True Face of God tell of the scientific creation story behind the mystical creation mythologies of mankind, particularly the one found in The First Book of Moses, known as "Genesis." This, amongst much other information, was narrated to Rael in 1973 during a remarkable six-day encounter with the extraterrestrial Eloha (singular of Elohim), known as Yahweh, who narrates the following story of his people.

In the 1997 Postscript to "The True Face of God," the book which contains the Elohim's message to humanity, Rael discusses the progress towards the building of the embassy — "Preparations to build the secure embassy requested by the Elohim are progressing well. The embassy and residence need to be protected by extra-territorial rights like any normal international diplomatic mission, and in accordance with the Elohim's precise instructions, Raelian architects have already completed commissioned drawings for the complex of buildings where the most dramatic and extraordinary meeting of world government leaders in history will take place. Not long after we built a small scale model of the embassy based on these drawings, a crop circle appeared in England which bore an astonishing resemblance to it.

Oldposts
Two of 'the most' talented people in films if and when they work together what do you think can be the outcome? That is what many music fans in south India are hoping. Ilayaraaja, the final authority on music, and M. Night Shyamalan, the most thrilling script writer in a long time working on a story about a musical phenomenon or even any strange story for Hollywood with a few songs and a fascinating score the likes of which Hollywood has not heard since 'Ben-Hur'. Anyone can take a Hollywood film with a few songs of Ilayaraaja and his background score? Is the world ready for the genius of Ilayaraaja?

For starters, please check out www.raajangahm.com

Let us hope for the best.

Oldposts
test

Oldposts
Hello Mr Shyamalan
I'm a physician who likes to dabble with screenplays. After viewing 2 of your films, I believe you are the perfect person to take my work to the next level. Your type of filmmaking is exactly what I am trying to achieve.
Please e-mail me if you are interested
jjjwar@adelphia.net
Thanks

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shymalan,
In case you are interested in reading a story about parallel planes of existence that may help you in a future script, pls contact me at sandyvarm@yahoo.com.

Oldposts
I absolutely love Mr. Shymalan's work. The Sixth Sense is a brilliant film on so many levels. It's what a screenwriter such as myself aspires to achieve. I would like to know if there's a way to contact Mr. Shymalan. I'm attempting to create a panel or forum (not sure if online or some other fashion) in which talented writer/filmmakers such as himself can respond to jealous, lazy, unimaginative critics who would give them bad reviews. Thanks for any help you might provide.

Oldposts
What is his next movie?

Oldposts
Hi Mr. Shyamalan..i know this is weird..by my name is Hasmita Sheladia..i'am orginally from Bombay, India, but raised in U.S.A. Since you are indian as well, maybe you can help me out here..I'am interested in acting and i would like to suggest to you, what is the best way to go for this..thanks will be waiting for your reply..
Hasmita

Oldposts
The Latest M. Knight Shyamalan film is "Signs" starring Mel Gibson and Jaquain Pheonix currently filming throught many locations in Bucks County, Pa. Including on the Property of Delaware Valley College, New Brittian Boro, Pa, Newtown Boro, Pa, Buckingham Twp, Pa., Morrisville Boro Pa.,with cameo shots in various other locations through out Bucks County Pa. Filming is currently shooting in a warehouse in Bensalem Pa. which Touchstone film has turn into a studio. Filmin is supposed to finish around Thanksgiving 2001. The film will be in post-production for the next several months in Hollywood and the projected release is supposed to take place in the summer of 2002. The reason why Mr. Shyamalan has produced this film as well as his last 2 films in the Philadelphia region is because he is originally from Montgomery County Pa which is directly next to Philadelphia to the north west of the city and is directly next to Bucks County to the west.

Oldposts
Hello Mr. Shyamalan,
I know that when most people speak your name, they automatically refer to The Sixth Sense(the monumental film that basically catapulted your career to super stardom.) However I have to say that Unbreakable affected me like no other movie ever had in a very long time. I was totally blown away. I bought it as soon as it came out on DVD and it's still a powerful experience every time I watch it. I feel that everything about it is perfect: Bruce & Samuel, the music, the darkness, the theme....etc. You captured every single facet that can be associated with a super hero and presented them brilliantly. I can't believe that some people didn't like the movie as much because they said it was slow. I think those people just don't know what good story-telling is. That's why, Mr. Shyamalan, I consider you one of my heros: It's the meticulous attention you give to telling a good story. Unbreakable had such a huge impact on me that I had to try surfing the Net to see if I could find some way to contact you just to let you know. Thanks a lot and I'm really looking forward to Signs.

Oldposts
Mr. Shyamalan; I have been tryint to find a copy of you movie "Praying With Anger". I do not seem to be able to find it. I would like to purchase a copy. I find this movie to one that I can use with my Church Youth, to teach family roots, and differances in how life is in the U.S. and Other cultures. Thanks!

Oldposts
Mr. Shyamalan:

I just watched "Unbreakable" (for the 3rd time), If you read this, I want to say, that your going to be known as on of the best producers, directors of our time. I look forward to future films.

Oldposts
Mr. Shyamalan:

I just watched "Unbreakable" (for the 3rd time), If you read this, I want to say, that your going to be known as one of the best producers, directors of our time. I look forward to future films.

Oldposts
Dear Mr Shyamalan

Please could you tell me if there is an address you can be reached at? I've been trying to contact you for some time now.

Incidentally, my cousin Stephen, was apparently offered the chance of being an extra in the sixth sense (in the school scene) because he knew someone (was it your son?).

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Melanie

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan
I would like to send you a letter but I can't find an address to send to. I've looked everywhere but I can't find it. I'd like to ask you questions about you and how you got to be a film director. I want to pursue in this occupation. My friend said they thought of me right away when they were watching the movie you made as a kid in the interview of Unbreakable. If you could please e-mail that would be great.

Oldposts
OF COURSE COLE KNEW..THATS WHY HE WAS SCARED OF DR. CROWE AT FIRST.

Oldposts
OF COURSE COLE KNEW THAT CROWE WAS DEAD ..THATS WHY HE WAS SCARED OF DR. CROWE AT FIRST.

Oldposts
Has the crop circles mystery been solved? Will Signs be a washout? If one believes the TNT presentation recently by the Suddenly Susan lead actor, then I will not be interested in Signs. However, I read today in a UFO book that it is not possible for humans to have played a prank because the crop circles flattened crops were also genetically altered and it happened only to those flattened crops. So, what is the truth? could these flattened crops have been planted as bio-engineered seeds and then they grew to fall flat or something?

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan,

I saw Praying with Anger when I was in college and fell in love with the movie. I experienced something very similar my first trip to India alone. It's interesting what you see when your parents aren't there to shelter you. It was as if I was seeing India for the first time. I have recommended this movie to my husband (who is not Indian)and many of our friends, but I have not been able to locate it at any store. How might I obtain a copy? Is is available to the public? I have looked everywhere.

Thank you,
Lavanya Fischer

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan,

I saw Praying with Anger when I was in college and fell in love with the movie. I experienced something very similar my first trip to India alone. It's interesting what you see when your parents aren't there to shelter you. It was as if I was seeing India for the first time. I have recommended this movie to my husband (who is not Indian)and many of our friends, but I have not been able to locate it at any store. How might I obtain a copy? Is is available to the public? I have looked everywhere.

Thank you,
Lavanya Fischer

Oldposts
To M Night Shyamalan,

I have a story that you will want to tell.
I beleive only you can do it justice.

I see souls.

JP

Oldposts
To M Night Shyamalan,

Please write to me. You have to hear my story. You have to.
Please.

JP

Oldposts
How can I get in touch with Mr.Shyamlan?
any email address? mailing address?

Oldposts
I'd like very much to get in touch with M Night Shyamalan. I'm a critic, and i want to write about Unbreakable, how was the creation process...

Oldposts
How can I get in touch with Mr.Shyamlan?
any email address? mailing address?

Oldposts
Hi my name is Vijayabarathy Sivakumar born and bread in Salem, South India. Living in USA for past 8 years. Had fraternal quadruplets of three girls and a boy on Feb 12th 2001. Our quads were on discovery health channel. It was an hour documentary before, during, after birth and up to 6 month update of the babies. They also been to few auditions. I would like them to be introduced in the movies if possible. So I trying to get links. I came through M.Night Shayamalan web site and motivated to write this message. If I am writing this message to a write place. Please do needful. Thank You

Sincerely,
Vijay Sivakumar.

Oldposts
Vijaya, why this bread business? why expose them to the flashlights and butter their baby days on this confused planet? yeyn? why?

Oldposts
I can become a film maker one step ahead of M. Night SHyamalan. How? Simply it is like this. You don't what is going on in Night' film until the end. But, my movies you will not know what is happenin even after the movie is over. that way i will be a filmmaker one step ahead of Shyamalan and audience will come back again and again to find out if something happened next time around

Oldposts
Hello, I have lived with a spirit for the last 17 years. I call her ruthie, but her spiritual name is Gertomp. She came to work with me to teach people to love each other. She appreciates your work, for you are a gather. You gather the minds of many and allow them to open their thoughts. She asked me to thank you.

Oldposts
Okay, some of you people are just total butt-kissers. No offense. I, like the rest of you can see the great talent that Night has. I just don't think that it's necessary to push your unoriginal movie ideas on him... Like he's gonna use your weak story when he has his own that have been well thought out. Basically, what I wanna say is that, I am currently in the process of writing a story (who isn't these days?) & I wanted some tips or advice on how to effectively express what I want to without getting lost in the small details. I have a huge problem with that. I can envision EVERYTHING in a scene/part, & I noticed in your movies that you don't waste time on the little things... It's so natural. I have an interesting & exciting flow to my dark/dramatic/funny/intense story, but I find myself spending too much time on stuff that is unimportant to the point I'm trying to make, but at the same time, they help one understand the characters better... What would you do? I figured I'd just ask the best (in my opinion). How's that for butt-kissing? Bye!

Oldposts
Signs.

as expected, it doesn't carry much. he should have considered more in the story. I wonder how Mel Gibson accepted with such story.

Oldposts
I"d like to invite Mr. Shayamalan to come speak at our university in Indiana. How can i come in touch with him???

Oldposts
Have a great location for a M. Night Shyamalan.
Have been a truck driver in Delaware Valley for 20 years and realized his movies would fit this locale. Please contact for more info...

Oldposts
I want to contact M Knight Shyamalan. So please show me a way.

Oldposts
To M Knight Shyamalan,
I have a story of a catholic priest and his life which is very original. I think that the theme and the message of the story is very authentic and original and it really matches the style of your film making. And I am sure that after certain modifications it can turn out to be a breath taking story. So please contact me.

Oldposts
The most common way to contact any Hollywood celebrity is by first contacting their agent, through the Screen Actors' Guild. Do a search for Screen Actors Guild and you might find some help in contacting Shyamalyan

Oldposts
to mr shyamalan
i aint kissing butt but you have to be te best writer around,your last 3 films are in my top 10,and thats hard because im really hard to please.i have aspirations of being a writer/director and you have to be my inspiration.well done,cant wait for your next

ewen pettit

Oldposts
i want to work with M. Night Shyamalan, iwant his email address. i want to talk to him personally, please lend me his email address.

Oldposts
i want to work with M. Night Shyamalan please give me his email address i would like to talk to him personally

Oldposts
WHAT IS THE MAILING ADDRESS FOR N.NIGHT SHYAMALAN. I HAVE A MEDICAL COMMENT ABOUT SIGNS.

Oldposts
WHAT IS THE MAILING ADDRESS FOR N.NIGHT SHYAMALAN. I HAVE A MEDICAL COMMENT ABOUT SIGNS.

Oldposts
WHAT IS THE MAILING ADDRESS FOR N.NIGHT SHYAMALAN. I HAVE A MEDICAL COMMENT ABOUT THE MOVIE SIGNS.

Oldposts
WHAT IS THE MAILING ADDRESS FOR N.NIGHT SHYAMALAN. I HAVE A MEDICAL COMMENT ABOUT THE MOVIE SIGNS.

Oldposts

Oldposts
I hail from Kerala and have something quite interesting for Mr.Shyamalan, well more than his sixth sense .can I get in touch with him .his mail ID or some address where he can at least veiw my sense

Dev

Oldposts
Does anyone know Night Shyamalan's email id. I have a story for a movie which I want his advice on to turn into a movie..

Oldposts
To Manoj N. Shyamalan,

My name is Anand Ram. I am currently doing a project on you as a director and your work. I hope to ask you some questions about your works and the ups and downs of being a director. I am not even sure if this will reach you, but one has to try. Thanks.
- Anand

Oldposts
Nothing is coincidence,is it? Here goes:
Mr.Shayalaman,
I wrote a fairytale called The Rose Angel. It's on 1stBooks.com under my name. I was content to leave it there until a friend said she saw it as animated story that needed to be told.It's a love story about a six year old,Simone, whose mother,Laura,died six months prior to the commencement of the story.Laura always told Simone loves never dies. Now an angel, Laura must prove it before the clock strikes 12:01 12/25/02 or her daughter's heart will close itself from ever loving again. Though Laura is but an AIT (angel-in-training) she has to find a way to prove to Simone love doesn't die with physical death. Laura must journey from Heaven and find a village,somewhere in the African continent, called Nawal, which holds the greatest flower of all,The Crimson Rose.The problem is that she only has seven days to do it.Without my original intention, this fairytale evolved into a spiritual journey that ultimately shows the love God bears for us through the depth of love we have for our children. I have seen your movies.You have a gift which makes me think you could make it a movie without harming the story. If I never write another story in my life, I will always be grateful to God for giving me this one. In the process of writing it, it set me free. I think you can understand what I saying. I was compelled to write this to you.I will gladly send you the story. It's 201 pages long.I thought it was only going to be 10 pages long when I started writing it. If this story is not meant for you, I thank you for the time you took to read this really windy letter. God Bless and keep putting out the movies only you have been given the responsibility to make.

Oldposts
Nothing is coincidence,is it? Here goes:
Mr.Shayalaman,
I wrote a fairytale called The Rose Angel. It's on 1stBooks.com under my name. I was content to leave it there until a friend said she saw it as animated story that needed to be told.It's a love story about a six year old,Simone, whose mother,Laura,died six months prior to the commencement of the story.Laura always told Simone loves never dies. Now an angel, Laura must prove it before the clock strikes 12:01 12/25/02 or her daughter's heart will close itself from ever loving again. Though Laura is but an AIT (angel-in-training) she has to find a way to prove to Simone love doesn't die with physical death. Laura must journey from Heaven and find a village,somewhere in the African continent, called Nawal, which holds the greatest flower of all,The Crimson Rose.The problem is that she only has seven days to do it.Without my original intention, this fairytale evolved into a spiritual journey that ultimately shows the love God bears for us through the depth of love we have for our children. I have seen your movies.You have a gift which makes me think you could make it a movie without harming the story. If I never write another story in my life, I will always be grateful to God for giving me this one. In the process of writing it, it set me free. I think you can understand what I saying. I was compelled to write this to you.I will gladly send you the story. It's 201 pages long.I thought it was only going to be 10 pages long when I started writing it. If this story is not meant for you, I thank you for the time you took to read this really windy letter. God Bless and keep putting out the movies only you have been given the responsibility to make.

Oldposts
A no strings attached comment - I like his movies, they are about more than what they seem. They give you something to think about. Aside from my personal taste, I appreciate how he gives a voice to the Indian community. We need more people like him. He has not forgotten who he is...so, for the first time, I feel connected somehow with someone on the screen. Maybe its also because I graduated from Bryn Mawr College. I honestly believe he is breaking way for my kids. So, for his wonderful movies and wonderful success, he has my thanks.

Oldposts
Hello. I am from Argentina and I want to know how can I get into touch with M.N. Shyamalan. Thank You.

Oldposts
I don't have a response to any of the previous contributions to this site, but I do have an inquirey with re: to MKS's religious background. One current 'theme' that has been consistant with the three known movies MKS has made is faith. With the Sixth Sense, the little boy had faith that the character Bruce Willis played would be able to help him. In Unbreakable, Bruce Willis again played a man where faith from a little boy changed his life. In Signs, Mel Gibson was in the title roll of a man who lost and then found his faith through a series of tragic and near tragic events. The question I have for Mr. Shyamalan is what religion, if any, he would confess to? This is just something my family has wondered about and when I found this forum, I thought I would ask it here. I'm not even sure Mr. S would even visit this site, but it's worth a shot! :O) Blessings to all.

Oldposts
I need to get in contact with M. Night Shyamalan above a movie idea which would only work with his help in creativity and brilliant story telling abilities. Can anyone help me get that information? Thanks so much.

Oldposts
Hello all, I am a stage actor and would like to have oppurtunity in the screen. I would like to contact Shyamalan to show my potentials. Anybody would be able to give me his contacts? I would be obliged.

heres my not-so-good introduction

http://indy.startsearchcasting.com (http://indy.startsearchcasting.com
)

Oldposts
Hello all, I am a stage actor and would like to have oppurtunity in the screen. I would like to contact Shyamalan to show my potentials. Anybody would be able to give me his contacts? I would be obliged.

heres my not-so-good introduction

http://www.indy.starsearchcasting.com

Oldposts
Like many other people on this page. I have a couple of movie ideas that I believe they are Mr. Shyamalan's style.

How do I get in touch with him ? directly or indirectly.

Oldposts
Hai,
I'm Abhilash from kerala who need to have a touch with Mr: M Night Shyamalan, to discuss something on the films. Can anybody help me by giving his e-mail id?

Oldposts
Hi, I'm 13 and make a ton of movies and am a big fan of Nights and my mom said I should try and get in touch with him. Is there anyone who knows his Email address or something?

Oldposts
Nights work is as unigue as it is icredible he broke all the old scary movie rules. How do you go about getting his email adress to ask him some questions or send him a film.

Oldposts
To: M. Night Shyamalan

Date: 03/10/03

Please forgive me for this email, but my mother wanted me to tell you about her accident. She tells me that she has fallen on her bottom, and now thinks that her butt is cracked. She will be ok though.

I myself have been having visions that take place back in prehistoric times. I think I see Fred people.

Also, I am making a short film about some of the problems in today's american society. My latest segment explores the hopes and dreams of young Mr. Toilet Paper. The segment concludes, when, looking for the biggest piece of crap and butthole to wipe against, he runs into Howard Stern.

With Respect, WDC

Oldposts
I am a seventeen year-old high school student. I have made plenty of short films in the past - and now i am working on a full-length film that i think will open the eyes of many americans. I want to get some advice from the king himself. Anyways, if anyone knows M. Night Shyamalan's email, please contact me.

Oldposts
I also have a synopsis which could be of interest. It deals with a really good current issue which is under scientific scrutiny but also deals with faith. However I'm not at liberty to post anything here since once shared, it is no longer "your" idea nor protected.
Can anyone please direct me to M's e-mail or business address ?
Many thanks
TDP

Oldposts
Dear Mr. M. Night Shyamalan,

I am working on creating a part 2 to your movie The Sixth Sense.
I have a published a book about this amazing sequel available at Amazon.com titled: ANOTHER SIXTH SENSE The Fort Lauderdale Story By Brian K. Roesch
You may also see the movie in the making at:
HAUNTED FORT LAUDERDALE
http://hometown.aol.com/liondog96/page7.html

Thanks to you and everyone who visits my site!!!
-Brian

Oldposts
I have to do a school interview about directors and i was hoping to e-mail interview m. night. shyamaln. My friends and I also make ameatuer movies and the such. So it would be a real honor and privilege to interview him if anyone knows his email please contact me at jav_va1@yahoo.com

Oldposts
Dear Shyamalan,

I am Nirmal Ranganathan from Chennai, India. I am a photographer. By virtue of this profession of mine, I was getting some beautiful visualizations, which I wanted to connect. I just started keying in those scenes, logically connecting them, without any idea of what I was doing. But, I found that a story was unfolding itself and I followed the golden thread. And, there it was, a novel running to 320 pages. I somehow felt and feel that you should read this story. It is on lines of some spiritual visions, though easily relatable too. It could turn into a good English film. That is what I feel. I would ardently request you to kindly ask me to send you the story to you. You might find the story interesting. And, if it could contribute to your movie making, it would be wonderful. I just hope you get to have a hold on this mail of mine. I eagerly hope that you would get back to me.

Oldposts
Dear Mr.Shyamalan,
I'm a junior,majoring in philosophy...and also an undergraduate student assisstant.I'd like you to hear my idea about a movie(it's a combination of appearance & reality,and more) which could turn out to be a success with your touch...I'd appreciate if you contact me and interact with me.Thank you

Oldposts
Hello,

I was hoping somebody could give me any information on M Night Shyamalan, as I have chosen to do a project on him for my A level Film Studies and need as much primary evidence I can get hold of to make my project a success.

I would be most grateful to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Natalie Hudson.x

Oldposts
why are you guys trying to get in touch with shaymalan> we are all a bunch of acting/directing/writng wannabes. like a big star like shyamalan would ever write to any of us. ahh...that would be a dream :) say, did any of you ever get his email?

Oldposts
elvan serdar ben bana lutfen ulas emailim s_gorsun@hotmail.com, bulamiyorum seniiii

Oldposts
hi,
my name is alyssa. and i was just wondering if anyone has m. night shyamalan's email address? if you could write to me and tell me i would be very greatful.
thank you

Oldposts
sorry heres my email pelirroja1872@yahoo.com

Oldposts
Dear M. Night Shyamalan
I would like to know how you come up with those fantastic endings. They really get me every time. If you could write to me titling your email ENDINGS I would really really admire it. I can't wait for the woods. And I'm sorry but I couln't help but laugh at your begining movies. Sorry.

Oldposts
Hey, why is it that Bruce Willis is right handed in the Sixth Sense, yet in any other movie (and I guess in real life) he is left handed? Does this hold any significance to the movie? I only just noticed it, after owning the movie since it's release!

Oldposts
I really like the way you put things together to make a movie like the sixth sense successful. I am a senior in High School and I don't know what direction I should go. I want you to help me go in that direction. My parents can't afford for me to go to a film school, so i need help. People like you is what makes me want to go into the film industry. So, if you can please contact me and help me. Thanks.

Oldposts
Dear Shyamalan,
I you have viewed on eof my films or you will be viewing the room on the third floor which i created in philadelphila. Just wounding where you filming the woods

Oldposts
Dear Shyamalan,
I you have viewed on eof my films or you will be viewing the room on the third floor which i created in philadelphila. Just wounding where you filming the woods

Oldposts
Dear M. Night Shyamalan

PLEASE DO SUPERMAN!!!

Oldposts
Dear M. night Shamalan

Signs is my favorite movie in the world i watch it at least 60 times a day and im watching it rite now i implore you to make a second one it was the best movie ive ever seen in my life PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! make a second 1

by the way i can recite the whole movie itz pretty kool pleasee e-mail me back!!!

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shayamalan
I would like to appogize for my last comment i was rushed so i made a few mistakes. an i only sent one comment it says i sent two but this is my second. you have or will be viewing a Film of mine "called the room on the third floor" we have connections. just wanted to see what you thought

Oldposts
Check out my movie - FADING
www.idreammachine/fading
trailer - www.idreammachine/films

Oldposts
Sorry,

www.idreammachine.com/fading
www.idreammachine.com/films

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan!
I´m an 18 years old movie maker from austria...and i´m a very, very big fan of your work. You see that my english isn´t very well. After i´ve seen "The sixth sense" i thought about a story with a suprising ending...and i found one...at the moment i´m writing the script for this story...but i´m afraid if anyone buys the script, that the following movie would be bad directed...i hope you know what i mean...sorry...because of my english...you know...
So i think there is only one person who is able to direct this movie... namely you! So if you read this message and you are interested in my script....please write me a mail on m.artin@gmx.li

Well, it was worth an attempt.

Oldposts
M. Night Shyamalan
My name is Jessica and I am seventeen years old. I am going to school to be a film director, and I am constantly writing screenplays on the side. I wanted to tell you that your movies opened up an entire different world for my creativity to bumbard me with. I really enjoy your films, and you are truly a one of a kind director! Excellent screenplays, and hope to hear more of your sucess. I do have questions for you about some directing techniques.

Oldposts
Hello, has any one was able to find night's email address or atleast his agent email address?

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan,
I'm almost bertain that you may never see or read this, but I must hope on that singke shot in the dark. I have always wanted to act in movies since the second grade and there is no way to get started here in Kansas City, MO, nor is there a way to get started with no funds, agents, or connections, etc. I was just hoping that you might allow me the chance to just being an extra in a film of yours, maybe evern a gopher(go for this go for that). I love movies with all of my being and I still feel that there is nothing else in this world that I would rather do than to entertain the world through visual storytelling. Thank you for your time and good luck with "The Village", it looks really good.

Sincerely,
Kahlil Gibran

Oldposts
http://www.iomx.com/movies.htm (http://www.iomx.com/movies.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/movies/celeb_picture_gallery.htm (http://www.iomx.com/movies/celeb_picture_gallery.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/movies/upcoming_movies.htm (http://www.iomx.com/movies/upcoming_movies.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/movies/movie_review.htm (http://www.iomx.com/movies/movie_review.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/movies/box_office_movies.htm (http://www.iomx.com/movies/box_office_movies.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/movies/movie_trailers.htm

Oldposts
hi guys
ii would like to know the present address of manoj knight shyamalan

Oldposts
This is a message for Manoj. I'm writing from London. I'm not a budding film maker, I'm not an aspiring actress, but I am a writer, an editor in fact. Nevertheless, I'm not writing in the hope you might further my career - I've done that pretty well already. Just to say, your films are great, your pretty cute (let's face it, Tamil blokes were never really blessed in that department), and your chick's not too bad either!

Well done on your achievements. And keep doing what you do best.

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan,
I have a great idea for you to make a new movie. It's up to you, but it is a great idea, it'll take you only some minutes.

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan,
I have a great idea for you to make a new movie. It's up to you, but it is a great idea, it'll take you only some minutes.

Oldposts
I think m. night is a great director and his movies are great.If anyone can give me his e-mail that would be cool.

Oldposts
Mr. Shyamalan,
Out there is an old Mexican film with an incredible ending. If you could re-make the movie and add your 'touch', it could possibly be your next great movie. I know you get many of these emails so I hope this one catches your attention.

Oldposts
10th July 2005, 03:11 PM
Night is full of it. It's obvious he does not care about his fans. Many of us are aspiring filmmakers, while filmmakers such as Night, sell out. To Hollywood. His dream, aspirations, the 'Making of' on DVD for Signs??? Give me a break! He will listen to you all as much as he listens to $400 gin in a martini.

How do I know?

Find out yourself, as I did.

Oldposts
hi guys,i want to know the e mail id of manoj k shyamalan. if anybody knows that, please send it to my e mail address. thank you

Oldposts
my email address is zha80zha@rediffmail.com

Oldposts
What was is your current film?

Oldposts
How can I get in touch with Shymalan?

Thanks,Srinivas

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Shyamalan
The way your films delve into the human psyche and grip the essence of what fear really is, is absolutely incredible. If Stephen King is the candy of intellectual thrillers, then you are a gourmet meal. Thank you for making the movies you do. Incidentally...I named my son Manoj, in hopes he will also portray "the essence of the mind" as you do. :)

Oldposts
M. Night, your kinda a homo but your movies are amazing.
I hate being average as well.
Keep up the good work, I admire you even though you are a closet homosexual!

Oldposts
This guy that named his son after yoy- he's a loser too!
Get a life and stop trying to steal his. YOur son should feel adhaimed to have the name of a guy who you want to have sex with!
I gotta question, does your son's mother know how gay you are?

Oldposts
dear m night what is your mailing address.

Oldposts
HI. I AM A 24 YEAR OLD LATINA NEW JERSEY RESIDENT. MY DREAM IS TO ALSO BECOME AN ACTRESS ON BROADWAY. I LOVE TO PERFORM, IT'S MY PASSION.

I DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE ANYONE A STARR, BUT I DO KNOW WELL ENOUGH THAT IF YOU HAVE A DREAM, PURSUE IT!! LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT. IF YOU WANT TO WORK AT AN ORDINARY JOB DO IT, BUT MAKE SURE YOU GIVE IT YOUR ALL. THAT APPLIES THE SAME TO ANY DREAM OR GOAL YOU HAVE.

ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND TO BE UNIQUE, LEARN TO TAKE BOTH CONSTRUCTIVE AND HARSH CRITICISM, BE PERSISTENT, BE HUMBLE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY NEVER LET ANYONE DOOP YOU INTO GIVING THEM MONEY TO MAKE YOU A STARR AND *NEVER* EVER GIVE UP. YOU'RE NEVER TO YOUNG AND NEVER TO OLD, OTHERWISE EVERYONE IN THE BUSINESS WOULD BE THE SAME AGE!!!! ;-D

SOMEONE SMART ONCE TOLD ME THAT IF YOU KEEP KNOCKING EVENTUALLY SOMEONE WILL OPEN THE DOOR.

GOOD LUCK,

DIVAMOONDANCER

Oldposts
Mr. Shyamalan,
I am not sure that you will even read this or give a crap if you do read this. I have seen many of your films and had never really cared much about the person behind the films. I just knew that I enjoyed them and that at the time I watched them they have me on the edge of my seat. I guess I just never realized how smart the creator of such films must be and how much hard work goes into these films. Please keep up the good work and never let negative energy or comments keep you from your dreams of being a truely blessed film maker.

Thank you,
Lori

Oldposts
Mr Shyamalan,
if you read this please, please will you e-mail be back at n_sivanesan@hotmail.com. I have something very interesting to discuss with you.
Thanks.

Nirush

Oldposts
The shift in consciousness? People speaking in tounge. The altering of our entire reality.9 children born in different places on the earth to help in a mass event.I am not christian but one of their names is Jesus.I know his last name but,will not give out that info.Budda,christ, Uma ali,aliens alike will all enter our system in what has been termed the peircing of the veil in the seperation expeirment.There is so much more.You stand at the dawn of a new world.Point is me and some of my people want to give our brothers a heads up.A movie might help to soften the blow.I have a ton of info and can set it up for you to speak with Elias or Abraham.

Oldposts
Is this guy a freak or What?

Oldposts
After watching the scifi doc. it does bring a different kind of interest to your films. I'm not sure what to believe but it sure is different.

Oldposts
Reality Children, don't forget Reality, it's fun to play but when it's time to go home for super the games over. Night is pretty good, thats a fact but he doesn't sign my paycheck and he doesn't feed my kids. He does entertain the hell out of us all though.

Oldposts
Hey guys, i just got done watching the sci-fi doc. about the buried secret of manoj Shyamalan, and during the doc, they did a scene where they talked with other chatters about him. one kid on the site knew what the interviewer was wearing, well, back to the point, at that part, does ANYONE have ANY IDEA about that site. if it is even real...i want to know about its whereabouts...i want to find it...because it seemed like a cool site, but i have failed so far...if anyone has any info on that site, or any other info on sites besides this one that have chats about m night, please please please please please....respond to this note, or e-mail me at sketched_life_torn_paper@hotmail.com

Oldposts
Anyone......come on....come on....

Oldposts
can anyone freakin talk on here, COME ON!

Oldposts
please......someone.....i need to find that sight, im a die hard dan...it would be the biggest favor...but heck, that site may have been fake...its being said this whole sci fi doc is a fake to get fans interested in the upcoming movie "the village" so night can make a nice cash flow...those are the people who need to beleive..i beleive, they should to, they are missing out...but please...talk to me, e-mail me, sketched_life_torn_paper@hotmail.com

Oldposts
...waiting...just waiting...

Oldposts
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................

Oldposts
hmm....im wasting my time.

Oldposts
Are you still there Mystery Fan?

Oldposts
The sight is no longer posted to the public. If you understood anything about the documentary, you would understand that some people want to just keep doing what they are meant to do without judgement or harrassment. He chooses to express himself by making movies, just enjoy what he is trying to show you.

Oldposts
Hey Visionary, sorry, i logged off about an hour ago, and am just returning, about an hour after your response...i was angered, i guess....and i wasnt finished watching the doc. so i wanted to watch it without the distraction of the computer, but yeah...is there anytihng you wanted to say to me or talk to me about...please, you can chat on here with me, or you can go ahead and e-mail me at sketched_life_torn_paper@hotmail.com if you'd like...im a die hard fan, are you?
...well, im going to be on here waiting for more responses, so, c ya around?

MysteryFan3...

Oldposts
TR, i wasnt trying to invade anyones privacy, im a die hard fan...plus, i did understand the doc fine...i just wanted to see if that certain site was still running, because, i want to chat with other people........................so, jump off my back, and dont jump to conclusions...thanks.......

Mystery...

Oldposts
By the way Visionary, thanks for the long e-mail...big help...really.

Mystery.

Oldposts
oh, i forgot in an erlier post about you TR, i forgot to thank you for at least letting me know it was down, because if you hadnt, i would still be searching...

Mystery.

Oldposts
I Wish this place was a more popular site...theres not enough chatters...not at all...i feel so alone...

Mystery...

Oldposts
im just going to keep posting annoying posts, because then i can see if anyones posted since my last post...if that makes any sense to anyone....

mystery...

Oldposts
Is anyone Out TherE?

mystery.

Oldposts
humde dumde dum....come on people.....am i the only one who is in search of other paranormal freaks?.....

humph....

Mystery...

Oldposts
Okay, while im here, i guess i will ask the biggy, anyone ehre been in a near death accident...i have...and i like to talk about it with others...so feel free to chat with me if you have or even havnt....

Mystery

Oldposts
thats great....nothing at all...hmm....boring...

Mystery

Oldposts

Oldposts
I caught the last hour and a half of the doc & it was really quite interesting. Not sure what to believe.

Oldposts
Well...i beleive this..

That about 30% of it was fake, because, they needed something to make sure the storyliune went right, and that it was more of a big story...like i think some people were hired for a part, just to make the story go in the right direction and unravel...but the rest, i think was real...and im a big beleiver, in things...so, it was good stuff to me...

Mystery...

Oldposts
m. night can talk to the dead

Oldposts
I just wanted to make sure that we where all talking about the same website. Are you referring to the website from the sci-fi documentary? If you are then that would explain why I couldn't find it last night. I just want to say that I believe that he can talk to dead people. I also don't blame him for wanting it to be a secret. Then he would be another John Edwards.I think it is cool that he just makes movies with his powers. We all have special powers it is just about learning how to use them and to practice at it.

Oldposts
I just wanted to make sure that we where all talking about the same website. Are you referring to the website from the sci-fi documentary? If you are then that would explain why I couldn't find it last night. I just want to say that I believe that he can talk to dead people. I also don't blame him for wanting it to be a secret. Then he would be another John Edwards.I think it is cool that he just makes movies with his powers. We all have special powers it is just about learning how to use them and to practice at it.

Oldposts
Is anyone around?

Oldposts
None of you got it. He wasn't talking to the dead, he was praying to the Lord. And my Jesus isn't dead. Yes, he had an experience and it was spiritual. Why does everything have to be "the dark side?"

Oldposts
If the scifi doc were real, and M Night were truly upset about it, why would he/his movie The Village have been a sponsor? I'm sure some of it is true, obviously there must be a base for all of his stories, but the doc itself was totally fake.

Oldposts
Jesus wasn't mentioned even once in the doc. You might have been watching a different channel? The dead he was said to talk to was a boy named Henry

Oldposts
I agree, they do this everytime. It's a way to boost interest in the upcomng release. Works! and true, these guys didn't get those interviews for free, everyone got paid, or else they wouldn't have done it. Actors get paid for being seen and heard - they don't do it for free.

Oldposts
I agree MANOJ KNIGHT SHYAMALAN prays a lot, he is a spiritual person

Oldposts
Oh, I know Jesus wasn't mentioned and His name won't be, it's just not cool. But you have to go deeper than surface. Night is a spiritual man that he has a guardian angel named Henry is still all about Jesus. We all have guardian angels, some folks call them imaginary friends, but they are still a way for you to never be alone, and Jesus promised that. Never will I will leave you, never will I forsake you. Hebrew 13:5. I was on the right channel.

Oldposts
LOL, as long as he doesn't leave a 30 mile radius around Philadelphia?

Oldposts
For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believed on Him would not perish but would have eternal life. John 3:16

Fact of human life, the human body at some point ceases to exist, but the soul continues - it is now a spirit. Spirits are among us, if we fear them then to us they are dark spirits - why do we fear them. being convicted are we? If we live according to God's plans, which means accepting Jesus as our Savior and being good, kind, and loving people -both aspects not one or the other - then we have no reason to fear those who have entered the spirit world before us. We too will someday join them, which will you be a feared spirit or a loving one.

Oldposts
The 30 mile thing was hype. The house and the pond were more than 45 miles away. Woops, big hole in that theory! I respect him for keeping the revenues that his work produces in his own back yard. This is a small yet tight family unit.He honors his parents enough to stay close to them. Grow where you are planted. It's not that he has too stay, it's that he wants too and see no reasonto venture. What's wrong with that?

Oldposts
As skeptical as I am about "the hereafter", the documentary still raises a few questions for me. Granted, the ouija scene and the website may have manufactured for our viewing pleasure, there's one thing even pro's have limited control over...animals. The crows in the doc were not only creepy, but they really did seem to follow night...or at least were near him. One can make strong arguments in either direction about the doc, an aspect you're also sure to find in nights movies.

Oldposts
For questions or help in finding and claiming Jesus as your Lord and Savior, email me at jtmyers@intrstar.net. And have a blessed day!!

Oldposts
I don't know many devout christians with sanskrit prayers from Indian shamans around their necks. So I doubt he was praying (in Indian) to the Lord.

Oldposts
Did'nt the documentary story line seem ver M. Night-ish to you? The whole believing thing is what most of his movies are about, he said it himself. And isn't Jonny Depp sapposed to be a wierdo? Why would he so welcomly talk to a small film crew about M. Night?
I'm convinced either the most of it is real, of the M. Night wrote this documentary himself.

Oldposts
woops, alot of spelling mistakes in that last one.
Sorry, i was so excited to find people who are as intrigued as I am.

Oldposts
I agree, a lot of it was staged. How convenient that they should come across Johnny Depp staying with his aunt in Philly rather than at home with his family in France.
And I completely agree that it is highly unlikely that M Night is christian. Especially given his "tight family bonds" which most likely include their spiritual beliefs.

Oldposts
I agree with nostic1 about the whole prayer thing. Maybe i am hallucenating, but did anybody else think he was saying a name when he was in the woods talking? Im pertty sure it wasn't god or Jesus if i am right. I thought it sounded like it started with an S or an H.
But, if this is "true" then the crow/raven had to have been Henry or whoeverhe had drawn. IF this is true.

Oldposts
I agree with nostic1 about the whole prayer thing. Maybe i am hallucenating, but did anybody else think he was saying a name when he was in the woods talking? Im pertty sure it wasn't god or Jesus if i am right. I thought it sounded like it started with an S or an H.
But, if this is "true" then the crow/raven had to have been Henry or whoeverhe had drawn. IF this is true.

Oldposts
We could probably bat its authenticity around for days. There's press releases saying that it's real...sci-fi is claiming now that he was in on it from the beginning. But at the end of the doc you hear Night on the phone saying that "No one will believe, so it doesn't matter what you air..." or something to that effect. I think we're supposed to do what we're supposed to do in all his movies. Decide what it means to us and make up our own minds!

Oldposts
Well, if we aren't "batting" about its authenticity, then what should we talk about?

Oldposts
You're right Nostic1!
Just like anything else, reality is as you percieve it.
If you believe it's about Jesus, then it is, to you...probably not too many people perceived it that way, but to each his own.
I personally believe there was a basis of truth, but the pizza guy and the kids were really lousy actors. I don't believe the doc was real.

Oldposts
ya had to shoot me down didn't ya....

Oldposts
sorry shell, that one was aimed at sloppy2

Oldposts
Actually Nostic, now i am definitley convinced that it was scripted. I think i kind of assumed it all along, but i don't want to believe it because it is so awsome.

Oldposts
Mr. M. Night, the individuals interviewed like Johnny and your friend you gave the watch to...they weren't believeable. The pic of the boy you drew...his eye, that looked real. Looked like this old pic of my grandma, that was taken a few months before her death. Her eye was swollen like that. Growing up in Iowa, out in a farm house like the one you resided in from 10-12. I can relate to your sensitivity to the supernatural. My father is a pastor, grandfather, and great grandfather, they all have two things in common, their religion, and they way they physically and verbally abused their families. I'm looking forward to watching The Village!

Oldposts
I didn't mean to shoot you down, I just have nothing better to do, and if we argue forever we will simply be going around in circles. I only want to continue discussing M. Night.
Sorry :-(

Oldposts
People want to believe...how could we not wanna believe in an alternate reality, this one kinda sucks. It's the fact that we're sorta pre-programmed to question...which we should. If we didn't question anything there's no telling where we'd be!

Oldposts
not mad sweetie, it was meant as a joke

Oldposts
haha! life would be boring without secrets....don't you think?

P.S. don't bother with the e-mail address it doesn't work

Oldposts
oh, now i just feel gullable

Oldposts
LOL

Oldposts
I'm off, I'll be back later

Oldposts
Don't feel that way, it was a good 3hrs spent.

Oldposts
Seemed like another Blairs Witch Project, It was ALL Faked...

Oldposts
Scripted, fake, a hoax...whatever ya wanna call it, it was still a good show. Just like Night's movies it makes us question what is. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Oldposts
what was that website?

Oldposts
if you're talking bout the one from the documentary, it may or may not exist. I was on one once http://www.nightshyamalan.com/mns_site.5.html which looked like it could've been it...but I had trouble registering with the site.

Oldposts
I found some articles about him being upset about the whole drowning incident being exposed, this was in two different news postings from India. If that part is fake, it's a world wide hoax.

Oldposts
That's pretty creepy if it is a world wide hoax. I tried that site also, i can't find a way to register at all, maybe it's my computer. It definitley DOES look like the one from the documentary. It seems kinda weird though that the poeple on that 'chat room' (fake or not) would know all of that personal information about M.

Oldposts
I think the doc was hinting that the person on the site that knew all of those things...wasn't a living person at all. Or was night himself perhaps.

Oldposts
Don't think its your computer sloppy, I still can't register....more evidence that's its just a front?????

Oldposts
I actually DID just get in, I am Sloppy1 in there. But none of what i say shows up and nobody is answering me. They are all kids it looks like.

Oldposts
the site does work. i was able to register. it's VERY slow, however, and slows down my whole internet connection (and i'm on a dedicated t-1 line)

Oldposts
ALSO, one of the kids in there said that at the beggining of the documentary it said that it was written by MELISSA FOSTER, I guess we have proof if anyone can verify that when it shows again. But as Shell said it WOULD be a world wide hoax.

Does India get the Sci Fi channel?

Oldposts
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/919_891872%2C001800030001.htm This site goes into what Sci-fi network president Bonnie Hammer said about the doc. She says 'point blank' that night new about the whole thing......

Oldposts
MALISSA FOSTER WROTE IT! P.S. the chat room is jammed packed, its really lame

Oldposts
is anybody here?

Oldposts
I'm here.....sorta....

Oldposts
Has anyone here heard of Full Disclosure by Dr. Steven Green??? It's a site (more of an essay really) in which Dr. Green examines UFO phenomenon and ties it in with the spiritual hereafter. Worth takin a look at if you got some down time.

Oldposts
It is the sire from the documentary

Oldposts
Uhm...no...but considering the subject matter I thought some out there might find it interesting.

Oldposts
Anyother sites about the doc?

Oldposts
I believe more in ghosts than aliens

Oldposts
of course...go to sci-fi.com, there's a link in there

Oldposts
I believe it's all related.

Oldposts
geeze nos, your really a sci fi geek huh?

Oldposts
geeze nos, your really a sci fi geek huh?

Oldposts
I just got into the chatroom, anyone else in it?

Oldposts
There is an interesting LINK set up on the Sci Fi Channel Web site. It is not the original chat forum shot in the movie, but it may be of interest to some of you. Last night it was too loaded down with hits for me to get in, but today may be better. Also I wasnt jumping on anyone's back about being curious. I just often think that we lose sight of what has been presented for us to view when we focus so much on the other what, when, how's and who's. It was a great documentary that kept me very interested. M is a great director and I enjoy his movies, if he sees 'dead people' who am I to say he doesnt. I am just glad he opts to share his visions or true life experiences in his movies.

Oldposts
Thanx Sloppy...luv you too.

Oldposts
Do you guys stay on like all day?
i'm surprised that the little boy from Unbreakable didn't do anymore movies. I guess hes too much like Haley you think?

Oldposts
hey you've been on quite a while today. I'm at work. Pretty talented eh, I can work and debate at the same time!!

Oldposts
TR do you have the adress of that link maybe, because i can't get directly into scifi.com. THanks

and NOS: :-D

Oldposts
I'd just like to throw something in about the Johnny Depp conversation above. If you were paying attention to the doc. They travelled to Los Angeles to speak with Mr. Depp. Also, what does everyone think about the tour of night's house when they opened the door to the master bedroom. (i.e. Henry standing in the mirror)

Oldposts
I didnt mean it in a bad way, i was just wondering.

Oldposts
I think it was really convenient that there was a crow/raven there to distract us from the mirror when the door was opened ;)

Oldposts
RUSTED NAIL-Henry freaked me out major. It looked JUST like the picture Night drew, and the thing from the article. That was so scary, especially the eye.

Oldposts
Maybe Henry wanted to distract us?

Oldposts
I think Henry turned into the raven.
I also thinkthat Henry or Night was Raven 5 in the chatroom

Oldposts
The drawing of Henry could've very well been drawn after the old newspaper article was found. Erie it was though...

Oldposts
Yeah, but i am going along with the order the plot was of the documentary

Oldposts
I'm not trying to disprove or be the skeptic...just pointing out plausible alternatives :P

Oldposts
I kind of had the feeling that Raven5 was someone else who was "connected", but not necessarily Night.

Oldposts
Last night, I was all freaked out about Henry in the mirror. It was eerie cuz it was raining out and everything. Well i kept having these nightmares about Henry's eyes, and when i wole up from one, i felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. So i remembered that in the 6th sense the little boy said that happens when a ghost is in the room. I thought how ironic it was that i was all creeped out by dead Henry and that the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up. I told myself it was just a movie and went back to sleep. I did however later that night, jolt awake and remember that some of the things in M's movies were based off true things from his life according to the documentary.
Yeah, it was creepy

Oldposts
Could've been, but it's not hard to "set up" a website and type stuff....especially if you know what you're doing and have the means to do it like the sci-fi network does.

Oldposts
well Henry was 'connected' right?

Oldposts
hey sloppy......BOO!

Oldposts
Henry was ON the other side...i'd say so

Oldposts
Shut up nos!
(geeze i sound like a teenager agian)

Oldposts
lol couldn't resist hun....how old are ya?

Oldposts
im out

Oldposts
Don't leave.....

Oldposts
HEY!
you do not ask those kinda qs in here. Its not that kinda chat room sorry

Oldposts
Didn't realize I was offending anyone, my bad.

Oldposts
Lets try another topic. How bout the nice neighbor lady who just happened to have some of his early work...and was completely willing to let strangers come into her house, view them, and leave with them.

Oldposts
OK, that was exactly where I was about to go next...the old lady with the tapes...lol
And what about the best friend with the watch?

Oldposts
If you had been best buds with someone who for the last 15 years you believed had almost drowned, and someone presented you with evidence that they had actually drowned and been under water for 35 minutes, would your reaction be, "why are you doing this to him?"??

Oldposts
That Nathaniel guy was in her bedroom looking at that watch! Pretty trusting ppl up there in Phila.

Oldposts
mine would be, OMG, I have to talk to him! And then I'd call him and ask him about it.

Oldposts
Not mine...