PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a tfmpage T Shirt and other memorabilia?

hehehewalrus
5th July 2005, 06:28 PM
Despite being a virtual hang-out place for several thousand tamil across the world, there are still many tamils unreached by this website.

What are the ideas admin currently have in mind about promoting this site? I am sure there are many regulars like me who would dearly love to purchase tshirts, caps and other memorabilia with the tfmpage insignia - its a wonderful way to promote this site in all our social gatherings/picnics.

This is not something unfeasible - its not that difficult to do the manufacturing/shipping from india.

What do the admin think? Come on, after 8 years of a successful existence, dont you think it's high time we proudly flaunt our favorite site? :)

RR
7th July 2005, 03:14 PM
Walrus,

The Hub Awards was one of the efforts for promoting the site. We wanted to reach out to the artists/celebrities and the press, and I think we did quite ok. Trophies were made and presented to some artists in person. News item was featured in a Malay tabloid.

The server migration and other things put us off for a while. I think now is time to go further, and I think your T-shirt suggestion is good to take up. Key questions is: Is it feasible? I think, need to look into it more. But first, how many DF-ers/hubbers are interested in buying.. ? 27 views, but 0 responses to this thread .. :(

RC
7th July 2005, 05:14 PM
This is a very good idea, Hehehewalrus. I would certainly go for the T-Shirt(s). Count me in RR!

hehehewalrus
7th July 2005, 06:10 PM
RR,
Even for college functions in India, it is not that difficult to print T-shirts. We can start with small batches like 100, 150 etc. There are small scale tshirt exporting companies which are dying to grab some occasions for printing.

You can do the shipping from India itself(or whichever country it is manufactured from). I am sure the regular surfers won't mind the shipping charges.

I would love to have tshirts, coffeemugs and penstands too.
(Please change the title to Tfmpage tshirts to bring in more responses :))

Thiru
7th July 2005, 08:03 PM
Good idea.. We can try and add a caption as well.. we need a count of ppl insterested in this to go ahead..

rajraj
7th July 2005, 08:17 PM
RR,Thiru,

You can see what it costs in US .

http://www.tshirtspot.com/

It should cost much less in India.

hehehewalrus
7th July 2005, 09:35 PM
Printing and embossing a tshirt would be costly in the US compared to India.

I think the shipping costs are better in US though(with shipping insurance option being very cheap). Still I think finding the right company in India will do the trick - They'd be very glad to cut down the shipping cost if the selling cost is like $5-$8 per piece. Perhaps some of you mods yourselves can handle the shipping to surfers from your area.

We can have multiple slogans actually with different colors, types(roundneck, polo styles etc - nobody will wear a roundneck in a formal party setting). Can have diff slogans that focus on different features like "For like-minded fans of tamil film music", "Hangout place for tamil lyrics and music reviews", "Exploring tfm since the 60s", etc

And the profits you get, no matter how modest, would be very valuable to upping the bandwidth and other operating costs :)

I first heard about carnatica.com from a wallposter in chennai - so you can imagine the impact a tfmpage tshirt may have in say, the July tamil conference in Texas.

app_engine
7th July 2005, 10:08 PM
Tirupur, TN is probably the top exporter of T-shirts and such stuff (with any amount of custom logo's / prints / sizes / shapes etc.) and is the most economical source too. I suggest that is the place to source them from (once the design etc. is finalized)...If specific supplier info is needed, I can probably get thru my relative who is a disti for Tirupur stuff in U.S....or, another relative who is a mfr in Tirupur itself...It will be possible to both influence the quality & price in either case...

hehehewalrus
7th July 2005, 10:44 PM
try to get the project moving. I can easily sell atleast 25 tshirts for you guys if you give a reasonable price. I am sure many regulars will be ready to do the canvassing once the stuff is ready :P

Cinefan
8th July 2005, 12:00 PM
Saw this thread today,count me in too.I would love to have a T-shirt&Cap.In fact there are quite a few hubbers in Bangalore,we can all buy atleast of couple of T-shirts.

How about moving this thread to the Misc section,looks out of place here.

RR
10th July 2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks for all the responses. We'll actively pursue this, pls stay tuned. BTW, do vote in the poll above.

Cinefan, we need this thread since there are many who visit only the TFM section. I'm starting another thread for 'Hub T-shirt & memorablia' in Misc forum.

hehehewalrus
12th July 2005, 07:01 AM
RR, it will be good if surfers are allowed to give some ideas on the design(esp. logo/slogan, etc) - I believe like TiS project, some surfers would be keen to order in bulk and sell to non-Tfmdf-ers. So a bit of consensus on the design would be helpful.

RR
12th July 2005, 09:26 AM
Of course, walrus. Ideas are always welcome. Nothing has been finalised yet.

hehehewalrus
12th July 2005, 06:26 PM
6 vote thaan vizhundhurukku. Ini moderators-ey tshirtku vote podala pola irukku :mrgreen: