PDA

View Full Version : body jewellery

pentium
18th November 2004, 11:28 PM
hi everyone.
i like body jewellery very much(piercing).
especially nose piercing.
also i like multiple pierced ears
i would love to have my girlfriend who comply with that
any way here is my quesiton.

i want how many like body piercing.
i many wear body jewellery.
if u r man
do u like ur wife/girlfriend to have body jewellery and of what kind?

if u r woman
what kind body jewellery do u have
and what kind of body jewellery do u like.

also i want ask do these actress and the classical dancers have there septum pierced to wear jewellery?

ebangkok
20th November 2004, 01:27 AM
Plz visit www.ebangkok.net for discount body piercing items!

Querida
20th November 2004, 03:41 AM
if you are speaking of the nasal septum than no, many times just like brides they are clip on ones....needs some getting use to...kinda of like magnetic clip on earrings..it does hurt after a while...just because it feels odd and you probably in your free time keep checking that it staying on...on a guy i think the earring in one ear is nice..but my tastes don't go further than that....tatoos are nice though...i still like the old old tradition of getting each other's name tatooed on the arms upon marriage...guess im just old fashioned...note instead of forever bothering with the annoyance and uncomfort of clip on jewellery if you like get it done already! :D

Dr. Veena
21st November 2004, 10:22 AM
I hate body piercing- it's so painful- I can't stand anything painful. But I love jewellery though- Gold and Pearls and Precious Stones.

Querida
21st November 2004, 11:50 AM
I'm not at all surprised at your reply....it is your liking but excuse me, because im going to be difficult about this... :twisted: i think your opinion just perpetuates the thought of women being crazy about nothing but jewellery and clothes...hence keeping the phrase 'gold digger' in popular use for years to come....which of course makes it harder on those who really don't give a crap....ok thats my meanie two cents....but seriously i guess i am just sick of being scolded of not wanting to wear any jewellery or chided for wearing silver chain/costume jewellery by the auntie-jis.... :cry:

Dr. Veena
22nd November 2004, 05:50 PM
It isn't my fault if u don't like Jewellery. And there's no HARM in Liking Jewels. I didn't say I like Drugs or Alcohol, did I?

Moreover, Gold is always an INVESTMENT. See, the prices only shoot up, not go down. Instead of spending on lots of clothes, 5000 pairs of shoes, lipstic or Vanity bags, u could invest in gold and see the returns, Madam.
Think thrice before you say anything foolish. Or won't that help how many ever times you think? You still come up with the crap?

Querida
23rd November 2004, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry Dr. Veena...you have taken me much more seriously than i thought you would...i thought by putting up the twisted emoticon you know that i was purposely being childish...im sorry if i have offended you in anyway... :(

Dr. Veena
24th November 2004, 01:54 PM
Well, I am sorry too- Even I was like you. I hated wearing any gold- but now, I have hardly anything to look forward in life- I think that's why I have turned to gold but I hardly wear them- I just buy them- It's a tough life. Ok, I admit I am a good for nothing- can't seem to get anything out of life, I don't know why I insisted on a Post Graduation before marriage because now it looks like it is of no use.
I want to work abroad, but I can't- nothing will change the way I want it to-

I'm EXTREMELY SORRY. :-( I hope you understand

nirosha sen
24th November 2004, 02:13 PM
hey don't knock it Dr Veena - You simply won't know unless you try, okay????? Life is for the Living!!!! Somwhere in that recess of depression, is a way out!! Grab it and watch it take you places, Kid!!!!

Whoever said a post-graduate degree is of no use????? Hmmmm??????

Dr. Veena
24th November 2004, 02:18 PM
Oh Madam,

I didn't know you were following me..........lol!

You r rite, but I have no opportunity to try in the place where I live which is so remote!

Shekhar
24th November 2004, 04:35 PM
I think that's why I have turned to gold but I hardly wear them- I just buy them- It's a tough life.

Hi Veena,

You don't know but You have commendable habits, like buying gold. Please go on buying gold, as much as you can. Sure it is tough life.. where do keep all the gold?!... Don't worry, I will help you out. You can send them to me and I will keep them. Your life will become much easier!! :D What are friends like me for !! :D :D

Cindy
24th November 2004, 04:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nirosha sen
24th November 2004, 04:58 PM
You guys are indeed rite!!! All that gold would indeed be the best investment one would need when times are hard or shall we say, desperate????

Veena knows what to do!!! Keep scouring the Net, dear!! You'll find a way out! Close your eyes and wish for it as hard as you could! There'll be that ray of hope, somewhere thru that dark recess, believe me!!!!

On a lighter note from the Samajam : You'll find a Malayalee even on the Moon!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

blahblah
24th November 2004, 05:16 PM
Thank God that I am not a hippy.To say the least and to be moderate,body piercing is unnatural.

Cindy
24th November 2004, 05:19 PM
On a lighter note from the Samajam : You'll find a Malayalee even on the Moon!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes.. Nirosha..will share 2 moments from my life.. one is very fresh...as u know we were on a trip last week and was in village in Maharashtra...boarded on a bus and the bus conductor neither knew english nor hindi..was answering us only in marathi..which we did not understand either... also the fellow passengers and that was a 6 hour journey... that was very funny and so we began replying in malayalam to all who were trying to talk to us... but we were surely communicating...we guessed the rest from the nonverbal languages each showed... but one man was not at all involved in any of these shows...and he was a bit tensed and not interested in what was happening inside or outside the bus... we began talking about him in malayalam... we began guessing the reasons behind his stress... I said maybe he had a fight with his wife..my husband said no that was evening so ...maybe he had a fight with his boss...etc etc ...all loudly enough that he can hear...we also laughed that he is not understanding a single word...or else what would have been happened... after 6 hours when we were about to reach the stop, we asked the conductor if the railway station is close by..and he did not understand... to our embarassment..this man replied..."illa vera bus kittum sivaji nagaril ninnu .....allenkil auto yil poyalum mathi..." :shock:

Cindy
24th November 2004, 05:27 PM
Another one was during my training period in Gujarat... as my friends and me got the reservations on different trains ...i was alone on my travel back to Kerala..and had heavy luggages... as i was finding it difficult to move my luggages...i heard some guys sitting across the steps commenting on me...one in them was passing his comments in malayalam... he dint know that i was about to board on the train to Kerala... and in between i heard him saying... "entha mole sahayam vallathum venamenkil chettanmarodu chodhichal mathi." to this i turned to them and said...yes..i need ur sahayam..and showed them the place i want my luggages ... they were paused for a moment but took every thing in a lighter mood and these two explained to the rest what they said and what my reply was...then all came along and helped until i arranged my luggages under the seat...and they waved me a happy journey.. they all were there for their higher studies in management.

Sandeep
24th November 2004, 06:14 PM
they all were there for their higher studies in management.

I think they got a good lesson in management from you :lol:

Personal management and luggage management

Querida
25th November 2004, 08:06 AM
Well, I am sorry too- Even I was like you. I hated wearing any gold- but now, I have hardly anything to look forward in life- I think that's why I have turned to gold but I hardly wear them- I just buy them- It's a tough life. Ok, I admit I am a good for nothing- can't seem to get anything out of life, I don't know why I insisted on a Post Graduation before marriage because now it looks like it is of no use.
I want to work abroad, but I can't- nothing will change the way I want it to-

I'm EXTREMELY SORRY. :-( I hope you understand

Oh Dr. Veena....i think you are just going thru a hard time right now....please this was just a mere misunderstanding...i am just happy you accept my apology there was no need for yours at all...where is all this good-for-nothing coming from...please Dr. Veena life is tough but please dont lose hope and please don't refer to yourself as such! Hey who said that if my aunties stopped badgering me i would even see the assets that you outlined....Gold will always be up...then i hope you as a connoisseur of gold that you should be sure to share the ups of your gold as well :D :D :D

a.ratchasi
25th November 2004, 08:48 AM
Ladies, your posts are hilarious but ..me no understand malayalam...
and am curious to know what the guys mentioned about Cindy at the station!

Querida
25th November 2004, 09:36 AM
Ladies, your posts are hilarious but ..me no understand malayalam...
and am curious to know what the guys mentioned about Cindy at the station!

thanx for having the guts to admit it :)
me no know malayalam either....besides the fact the word is a palindorme... :D

nirosha sen
25th November 2004, 01:09 PM
"Hey girl, if you need any help just ask these brothers (countrymen) of yours"! These words were uttered because they were safe in the knowledge that nobody else understood the language!!! Little did they suspect, that the girl who was passing by (Cindy) was actually Malayalee like themselves!!

a.ratchasi
25th November 2004, 02:24 PM
thanx Nirosha.
------------------

Querida
26th November 2004, 08:03 AM
Thank you Nirosha...now to read it again with that in mind is more enjoyable....it's odd i can understand malayalam usually when it is spoken...but when written out like that i don't have a clue :)

mandangi
1st December 2004, 09:07 AM
But in India wearing costly jewels is dangerous. There are cases of committing murders for stealing jewels.

Querida
1st December 2004, 09:19 AM
as is everywhere else in the world...it only adds to the allure of wearing and owning such prized possessions....

mandangi
1st December 2004, 11:04 AM
There is a town named Palasa in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh. There was a woman named Drowpady in that town. She was rich women and she like wearing jewels very much. In public places also she roam with jewels on body. Once one person attempted to kill her for jewels. But she did not stop roaming with jewelery. Later some one had really killed her and stealed her jewelery.

davie
1st December 2004, 12:05 PM
There is a town named Palasa in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh. There was a woman named Drowpady in that town. She was rich women and she like wearing jewels very much. In public places also she roam with jewels on body. Once one person attempted to kil her for jewels. But she did not stop roaming with jewelery. Later some one had realy killed her and stealed her jewelery.

only dumb thieves kill people and take their money.
hey but howbout the people who wear covering (gold coated jewels) and show off ? will they too be killed

pentium
1st December 2004, 01:29 PM
hello everyone

thank you for posting your replies.

but with all due respect, dont you feel that we have deviated from the orignal topic ?

hopefully we will get your views on original topic too

mandangi
1st December 2004, 02:43 PM
only dumb thieves kill people and take their money.
hey but howbout the people who wear covering (gold coated jewels) and show off ? will they too be killed

Yes. Some people really steal gold coated jewels. After knowing that they are gold coated jewels, they cry why did they commit murder for why did we commit murder for useless jewels.

Querida
1st December 2004, 10:12 PM
hello everyone

thank you for posting your replies.

but with all due respect, dont you feel that we have deviated from the orignal topic ?

hopefully we will get your views on original topic too

well i answered your original query and got no reply...so others replied instead and of course became deviated....it's ok still can steer it back...happy to contribute to any new queries as well

Shekhar
2nd December 2004, 09:43 AM
But in India wearing costly jewels is dangerous.

That's what I tell my wife that it is dangerous and so she should not buy any jewellery... But she doesn't listen. :lol:

mandangi
2nd December 2004, 05:04 PM
That's what I tell my wife that it is dangerous and so she should not buy any jewellery... But she doesn't listen. :lol:[/quote]

Yes. If money is lost we can earn it. But if they kill your wife for jewels you cannot bring back life of your wife.

Sandeep
2nd December 2004, 07:32 PM
It was when I went to my cousin’s marriage that I first started getting irritated by gold jewelry. My cousin was mostly covered with gold. Already she was tensed and in addition all this weight of gold was getting over her. So my mom and I tried to persuade her parents to get some "load" of her. But they where saying "we spend a fortune on it and now we cannot remove it". It took a "walk out" threat from my Mom for them to finally agree.

Gold to augment beauty is fine as far as the girl feels so. But once it becomes an obsession it becomes obscene (Which is by and large the case)

Querida
2nd December 2004, 11:08 PM
It was when I went to my cousin’s marriage that I first started getting irritated by gold jewelry. My cousin was mostly covered with gold. Already she was tensed and in addition all this weight of gold was getting over her. So my mom and I tried to persuade her parents to get some "load" of her. But they where saying "we spend a fortune on it and now we cannot remove it". It took a "walk out" threat from my Mom for them to finally agree.

Gold to augment beauty is fine as far as the girl feels so. But once it becomes an obsession it becomes obscene (Which is by and large the case)

Yes! Thank you Sandeep for seeing things my way! I'm glad your mother had so much confidence and sense! How many times have i seen ladies stack on jewellery...not even a matching set but three or four from different sets all piled on...and those poor brides...im surprised they dont collapse! But for some reason it's a shame if you walk out "empty-necked" but im not saying that it's a bad thing to have some piece on or even collecting if that's what you like (Dear Dr. Veena :wink: )...tastefully....Sorry Shekhar...can't say the same for you though :D :P :D

nisha11
7th December 2004, 07:15 PM
i have seen women with their nose pierced on the right side and women with their nose pireced on the left side. is there a reason for this?

Akash
7th December 2004, 08:15 PM
i have seen women with their nose pierced on the right side and women with their nose pireced on the left side. is there a reason for this? I think it depends on the person who gonna pierce yr nose, whether he/she is right or left handed :wink: Just kidding.

As for as i have seen... Tamil gals pierce in Left side, Might be becz of the logic that they hold it on left arm n can screw it well in their right arm.

Is there any 'sign' depends or what?

Dr. Veena
9th December 2004, 12:53 AM
Well, yes, when brides are decked in Gold, it is sick. And when it becomes the parents' status symbol that their daughter should wear so much gold to show others, I think it is really cheap.

But if you wear aestheic pieces and can carry them off well, then it is a different thing altogether.

mandangi
15th February 2005, 01:37 PM
In Visakhapatnam one school restricted girls wearing ornaments and attending school. Near that school one person snatched chain of a student of that school. So that school took that decision.