PDA

View Full Version : S.N.SURENDAR

selvakumar
16th June 2005, 03:21 PM
Guys,
Do u remember S.N.SURRENDAR. The man who gave voice for Mohan for 80 films and vijaykanth (20 films) is now under poor condition after his relatives and friends threw him away. He is the uncle of vijay. (Thai maman).

Speaking to suntv he expressed his anger, frustration and poor situation..

he is the man behind wonderful songs like ' Devathai poul oru pen ingu kandaein', 'poove poove sempoove en poojaikku vara vendum' etc

He narrated how S A CHANDRASEKAR used him and then threw him away.

He told that SAC who was once with him for getting director chance and is now not even willing to talk to him. Even at the public function both SAC and vijay are avoiding him. He gave many chances for SAC. His father was more close to Ilayaraja and others.

He also expressed that this cine industry is not at its good days. Even he expressed his sadness when mohan reprimanded him. He told that even when I gave my voice to him for 80 films he never thought about it for a single minute. Also he attacked vijaykanth and vijay and SAC.

He openly attacked SAC though he pointed out indirectly on vijay.

When asking about his favorite films, without thinking for a minute he replied ' Maha Nadigan' and 'Neengalum herothaan'.

LIke this he went on narrating his poor situation. HIs condition now and his future plan. He told that before 15 years I thougt that in the future I would be like this and this etc. But I am still now at the same position. Those people who got chances from me have thrown me away.

He said after 'Kaadhalukku Mariyaadhai' vijay too threw me away. I never want a chance from him. But I need respect from him for his own thai maman.

Others please comment on this without any partiality. Without forgetting the voice of this man, express your opinions on this. Atfirst I thought of avoiding this one. But He was more straight with his opinions regarding vijay, vijaykanth and SAC.

Definitly, I feel pity on this man.

sjeeva
16th June 2005, 04:55 PM
Vijayum Vijay family pathi sollithan teriyanuma..
vijay fanskku ini teriayttum vija i pathi..

vijay down down..

Sanguine Sridhar
16th June 2005, 05:04 PM
its absurd to comment by hearing the appeal from only one side... It all depends how Vijay,Vijayakanth or SAC responds to it

selvakumar
18th June 2005, 12:22 PM
Beckham.
I agree with u. But the man who is under light is not an alien to SAC and his family. Blood brother of SAC's wife sobha. He was the man behind vijay in his earlier movies.. i.e meeting the music directors, singing songs, getting everything working... etc. He was the man behind vijay's role in Poove unakkaaga. He needs respect now. Nothing more... He never wanted any property from them. I think u can understand

S.Balaji
17th July 2005, 01:50 PM
I agree with you. If what Surender says is true, he definitely deserves a support but in today's world, every day is a challenge and no one should depend on others for footholding. In that sense, I will not support Surender but he was one of the recognised figures in industry through Mohan. In a way, he should thank Mohan for making his voice popular as people came to see Mohan only and not Surender.

S.Balaji

saradhaa_sn
17th July 2005, 07:49 PM
I agree with you. If what Surender says is true, he definitely deserves a support but in today's world, every day is a challenge and no one should depend on others for footholding. In that sense, I will not support Surender but he was one of the recognised figures in industry through Mohan. In a way, he should thank Mohan for making his voice popular as people came to see Mohan only and not Surender.

S.Balaji
Balaji, your statement is something peculier.
Surendhar's voice became popular because of Mohan..??. No, only Mohan became popular through Surendhar's appreciable voice.

Once Surendhar told in an interwiew that, he gave voice for him more than 60 films (that time), but when he personally invited Mohan for his marriage, he did not attend. He also commented to one of his co-actor "Why should I go to his marriage?. He is doing his duty and I am doing my duty" like that.

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 10:58 AM
Dear Ms. Saradha,

What I am saying is that people see Mohan only on the screen and not Surender. They came to see Mohan ( of course, Ilayaraja's music helped him a lot ) and through Mohan only, they could recognise Surender.

S.Balaji

saradhaa_sn
15th August 2005, 06:00 PM
During his intervie, S.N.Surendar openly expressed his 'aadhangam' about the negligence of his own family members, after they got great recognisation from the public.

He mentioned: "Vijajaiyai mudhan mudhalaaga kaiyai pidichu school azhaichukittu poi serththu vittathu indha mama thaan. Adhu pola Vijayakanthukku first Rasigar mandram amaiththapodhu, andha functionil paadiya orey singerum nanathaan. But idhula enna varuththamnaa, NAAN MATTUMTHAAN IDHAIYELLAAM INNUM NINAICHIKITU IRUKKEN"...

He told one proverb (kavidhai..??) also:

"Vidhaikkumbothu ninaikka padugiren
Arukkumbothu thavirkka padukiren"

Really a poor situation.

Once recently, when he attended in 'Helo ungaludan' in Podhigai channel, one fan told him "Vijay saarai kettathaa sollunga". Surendhar replied "Neengaley vijay saarukku phone panni sollidunga".

S.Balaji
15th August 2005, 06:10 PM
Probably Surendher's style could match only for Mohan and that could be the reason for him getting marginalised with Mohan movies only.
Apart from that rarely I came across his voice except for ads like Idhayam nallaennai !!

I still wonder Surendher is coming out so openly to express his concerns .

Ultimately blood is thicker ... some day or other the entire family will be with Surendher and we will be left wondering !!

S.Balaji
15th August 2005, 06:15 PM
One of my favourite Surendher song is... Devan koil deepam onru..in Naan paadum paadal.

but I am not sure whether the song picturised was his or of SJ's ..

Poor guy , he lost here also !

saradhaa_sn
15th August 2005, 06:25 PM
Dear Balaji...

In Bharathiraja's "Kaadhal Oviyam" movie, we can find S.N.Surendar's voice perfectly match with the hero Kannan (an excellent actor as blind). S.N.Surendar's voice when everytime calling Radha as "PONNI", we can see the 'yekkam' .

madhu
15th August 2005, 06:38 PM
HI !

Everything has two sides. Oruvar ellOralum odhukkappadugiRar enRaal adhaRku EdhO oru kAraNam nichayam irukka vENdum.
SAC kaNdukkala... so Vijay kaNdukkala.. but why Vijaykanth and Mohan also followed ?

enna vishayam enbadhu muzhumaiyaaga therindha piRagudhaan naam endha mudivukkum vara iyalum.

Anyhow, Surendhar financially kashta padugirar enraal udhava vENdiyadhu avarudan iNaindhu uyarndhavargaLin oru kadamai enRu sollalAm !

S.Balaji
15th August 2005, 07:03 PM
I could remember the old song of Kavignar...

ANNAN ENNADAA THAMBI ENNADAAA

AVASARAMAANA ULAGATHILAY....

Today's world is so mechanical and self-oriented that one should not think about why this man has not recognised me , why that guy has ignored me.....

Have faith in oneself ..be good and do good

saradhaa_sn
15th August 2005, 07:08 PM
Madhu....

S.N.Surendar is not much that much big, to create oppertunities by himself. But still he is in a position that somebody should give oppertunity for him.

But no doubt many had benefitted by him and he got benefited from them. The main thing is who are benefitted from him are in good position, whereas he still down than before.

So it is quit natural, he expect support from them and when he was neglected by them, his disappointment will come out like this.

You told about Vijayakanth...ok.

But Mohan...??. Ecerybody know about him.

alias
15th August 2005, 11:50 PM
Poor Surendar. I think Vijay would have helped him but he is very much under the influence of his father SAC. I heard from the manager of a big theatre in chennai (who happened to be our family friend) that SAC would visit theatre to check their stereo system and facility before screening vijay movie. So vijay help here is out and coming to Mohan. Mohan himself is very bad position. The other day when I was in chennai, I saw him applying for passport renewal. He had come personally to come and apply. See what happen to a man who was once came almost close to be called Super Star :-)

This is Cinema.. Sorry this is world.

saradhaa_sn
20th August 2005, 11:56 AM
Dear Alias....

The main reson for the bad situation of Mohan is, because of his own production.

This is the main drawback, negative side, or even we can call as foolishness of our actors and actresses, producing their own movies. Every actor, who produce own movie cannot become a MGR Pictures, Shivaji Production, or Sujatah Cine Arts (Balaji). We can add some two three more who got success, or who can raise again after a failure.

But the actors and actresses, who were defeteated will be more to a big list. Starting from Savithri, Sowkar, Sreepriya, jayachitra, Gemini Ganesh, Jaishanker, Ravichandran, Rajkiran, Roja, Devayani, Rambha....all were defeated by their own movies. Still we can see Roja and Rambha, wandering in court varandas. Mohan is one among them.

The main reason is they are being tempted and brain washed by marketless directors and story writors, to produce own movies.

The big wonder is, even after seeing the defeat of their co-artists, they are entering in it, and loose all money, which was earned for several years.

But according to Mohan, he did not show any kindness on Surendhar, even when he was in good position.

alias
22nd August 2005, 09:18 PM
Hi Saradha, Which movie did Mohan produced? COmparing his last 2 movies, Sondham 16 was not produced by him and it was a flop and then he tried his last movie with a directorial debut with a bunch of heroines which was a flop but I did not know that he has produced it?

But if he had not helped Surender at his best time, then I think God has already showed it. I am wondering how come IR with whom he had sung couple of songs was not given an opportunity? Same thing with PB Sreenivas, does any one know whether he is still alive? I know he use to be in a poor situation singing for a glass of wine in chennai pubs.

Cacaphonix
23rd August 2005, 01:03 AM
SN Surendar had sung a handful of songs in IR music. But above that I think he was a regular track singer for IR albums.

PBS sung for wine? :O

S.Balaji
23rd August 2005, 08:37 PM
Dear Sharadhajii,

I think even Asokan also tried a couple of movies.... Netru indru naalai... and this was after going out of his fame...
Not sure whether he made some money out of this movie...

Very few smart guys were there I feel... like Sivakumar, Jaishankar, Gemini Ganesan... who did not venture anyting risky.. instead built properties and preserved their earnings.

Savithri, I believe was cautioned by Gemini, not to invest in movies but she did not listen to him and lost heavily ... I heard about this sad news.

S.Balaji
23rd August 2005, 08:44 PM
[tscii:1dccdc65c5]Hello Sharadhajii,

On Surendher vs Mohan… who got benefited…. I wish to share my views.

We are all aware, Mohan’s movies were silver jubilee hits due to IR and good picturisation and other contributors….
In the process, Mohan got lot of movies….. and Surendher got the opportunity to give voice for Mohan…. Through this… Surendher also got opportunities to earn and save money….
In a way, Mohan had indirectly paved way for Surendher’s popularity… though Mohan also got identified through Surendher…..

Hence, there is no point in Surendher feeling sad on Mohan....

Both were mutually benefitted [/tscii:1dccdc65c5]

app_engine
23rd August 2005, 09:51 PM
I read somewhere that Mohan didn't have Surendar's voice for `nenjaththai kiLLAdhE'...Just an indicator that he would've been successful even without SNS voice...it would have been some other voice.

SNS voice was AVERAGE and nothing great...and for the kind of roles that Mohan did - there was no Kattabomman dialogues - any average aspiring person running around kOdambAkkam could have dubbed...it was SNS who got the max. benefit in this colloboration, IMO.

appO earn paNNinadhaiyellAm ennavAvadhu seidhu tholaiththiruppAr...which is so common for the flashy lifestyle of the kollywood people...when they don't get that many chances later on, they'll start lamenting like this...

It is quite possible that he intro'd SAC to some filmi personality, for which SAC has to show some gratitude as a relative. No other person, like Vijayakanth, Vijay or Mohan owe him anything...If he bad mouths them on TV, it shows his class...

app_engine
23rd August 2005, 10:17 PM
If SNS tried a full time career as playback singer and competed with the likes of SPB & KJY who were ruling in his days, what he would have become?

Simply because he caught on the opportunity of dubbing for 3rd line heroes, he survived for a while in the industry...otherwise he would have been long gone....and he was really fortunate that his few songs with Raja that became popular helped people to identify his voice with Mohan's & others...that he was even known to the public as the one behind the scenes is a miracle...there had been dozens of them who were unknown...(perhaps their name was shown on the title card later on, by some directors who wanted to recognize them, still nobody is remembered by name, like this loud mouth)...

After getting such publicity, he should have made use of it by - say making money through stage shows when he was at his prime / sliding, or by switching to dubbing in chinnaththirai, ad commercials etc...foreseeing his movie chances will dwindle some day due to his limited capabilities...

Failing to make use of the footing he already had in the glamour industry and pulambifying later on - that too throwing dung on others - is so silly...EnappA avarukku ingE ivvaLavu anudhAbam? IMHO, it is probably his attitude which kept people away...public'la thittaRavar, private'la evvaLavu saNdai pOduvArO...

app_engine
23rd August 2005, 10:29 PM
kashtappaduRavangaLukku irakkappadaNum...correct...it's a human requirement...

AnAl en kashtaththukku avan kAraNam, ivan kAraNam'nu TV'la thitti interview koduththAl, anudhAbam eppadeenga varum?

S.Balaji
23rd August 2005, 10:33 PM
[tscii:248d5ce93b]APP..

I will vouch for your views.

Somebody with self belief will never look for others to sympathise him or support him.

Today’s world is so thankless …. One should not depend on others for any foothold…. Ok … if you need somebody to have a beginning for your life… but not for ever.

[/tscii:248d5ce93b]

stranger
23rd August 2005, 11:00 PM
Guys,
Do u remember S.N.SURRENDAR. The man who gave voice for Mohan for 80 films and vijaykanth (20 films) is now under poor condition after his relatives and friends threw him away.

He is the uncle of vijay. (Thai maaman).

Speaking to suntv he expressed his anger, frustration and poor situation..

He narrated how S A CHANDRASEKAR used him and then threw him away.

He said after 'Kaadhalukku Mariyaadhai' vijay too threw me away. I never want a chance from him. But I need respect from him for his own thai maman.

Vijay's uncle!!!

SAC's brother-in-law!!!

Sounds like a family clash comes to streets, to me! :)

Why is he taking sides with media like SUN TV against his family??

It aint a good idea.

He needs to understand it is just a span his cine career is. You make your fortune and get out of there. It had happened to the Kings of Tamil Cinema too. Not just for him. 8)

app_engine
23rd August 2005, 11:59 PM
Digression

SPB dubbed for Kamal in SippikkuL muthu (Telugu Swathi muthyam probably had Kamal's own voice). For some reason, Kamal didn't want the movie to be released in Thamizh and refused to dub...but the producer was successful roping in SPB to do that (pAttu poruththamA pAduRavar...idhu periya kashtamA enna)...

I think Kamal was upset with SPB too on that count, probably for a while.

On-screen heroes getting upset with background artists, even with one of such calibre like SPB, is not uncommon in cine field...
End-digression

balaji
24th August 2005, 12:51 AM
Sorry Digression:

(pAttu poruththamA pAduRavar...idhu periya kashtamA enna)...

==> I politely disgaree. SPB gets A++++++ (or whatever is the highest possible rating) in his singing, when he sings in Tamil (Heard the same in Kannada in addition to his mother tongue Telugu). However IMHO one reason why Sippikul Muthi failed is because SPB voice sounded totally alien what with lot of Telugu Vadai.

Purely My opinion

End Digression

Bala

stranger
24th August 2005, 01:29 AM
It is really unfortunate that u blame SPB for the flop of sippikkuL muththu-just because he is from Telugu origin.

Those days, dubbed movies and dubbing were done way too casually unlike todays CM and anniyan.

Almost 95% of dubbed movies had failed. And the dubbing was awful no matter who gave the voice.

Could you give me few successful dubbed movies in the mid-eithties and the dubbing had been done perfectly by KH or whoever, please?

app_engine
24th August 2005, 01:33 AM
stranger, salangai oli was dubbed as well...(sAhara sangamam)...may be a few scenes reshot to show Thamizh newspaper etc...

genesis
24th August 2005, 01:56 AM
Kamal dubbed for Salangai Oli.... Based on the success of Salangai Oli, Kamal demanded huge sum for dubbing Sippikul Muthu in Tamil...(almost close to full movie pay?!)

Thats when producers had SPB dub for Kamal... (I think SPB regularly dubs in Telugu for Kamal's Tamil movies)... thats when the rift started between Kamal and SPB.

IMO, SPB should not have dubbed for Kamal in Tamil.... as he is a big star in TN and his movies have good business scope.

I do not think anybody will say SPB dubbing had Telugu Vaadai...SPB's tamil is perfect.

stranger
24th August 2005, 02:13 AM
stranger, salangai oli was dubbed as well...(sAhara sangamam)...may be a few scenes reshot to show Thamizh newspaper etc...

Yes, a_e, that movie did better than s m for sure.

As genesis says nobody knows the "real deal" involved between the artistes and the producer during the dubbing. It may just be how big sum of money one gets for giving the dubbing voice.

The reality may be completely different from what it seems, Balaji.

S.Balaji
24th August 2005, 10:50 AM
Stranger,

I think Kamal's irunilavugal was a dubbed movie and it was a hit

Yes ... generally, the dubbed movies were not that commercially successful

Balaji was well known for Hindi remakes.

S.Balaji
24th August 2005, 10:55 AM
[tscii:28fb4a2931]SPB had given voice for Kitti as well in Kamal’s Satya.

One more info.. SPB was giving dubbing voice for Kamal in many Telugu movies.
[/tscii:28fb4a2931]

stranger
24th August 2005, 08:34 PM
Stranger,

I think Kamal's irunilavugal was a dubbed movie and it was a hit

Was it?! :o

May be you are correct, but I am not sure! :)

However, I must admit that "salangai oli" certainly did do good business for whaich K gave the dubbing voice. 8)

alias
30th August 2005, 01:49 AM
Looks like Surendra bad days will be gone soon. His Son has acted as Junior Vikram in Anniyan and he has dubbed for Nedumudi Venu.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/08/26/stories/2005082600400200.htm

S.Balaji
30th August 2005, 10:50 AM
Which means the next generation also has taken over the role of voice dubbing ....

God bless them...

Let the son of Surendher have the same sweet voice and make wonders ....

saradhaa_sn
30th August 2005, 01:07 PM
S.N.Surendar's son only acting in that movie, and S.N.Surendar dubbed for Nedumudi Venu. Surendar mentioned in an interview, that when he went for shooting spot to see his son's acting, there only the producer met him and asked him to give dubbing for Venu.

Surendar mentioned that this oppertunity got through his son.

Let the second innings start for Surendar, succesfully....

S.Balaji
30th August 2005, 01:12 PM
S.N.Surendar's son only acting in that movie, and S.N.Surendar dubbed for Nedumudi Venu. Surendar mentioned in an interview, that when he went for shooting spot to see his son's acting, there only the producer met him and asked him to give dubbing for Venu.

Surendar mentioned that this oppertunity got through his son.

Let the second innings start for Surendar, succesfully....

I thought for Nedumudi Venu... Nasser did a fine job in INDIAN ?

Also Rajeev did fantastically well for Sayaji Shinde in Bharathiyaar ?

Even Rajesh also has a nice voice.. .Hope he continues in Film industry atleast through his voice.
A nice and gentle actor....quite decent and knowledgeable man..

S.Balaji
30th August 2005, 01:16 PM
[tscii:7de691b10c]Other than Mohan… for whom did Surendher did voice dubbing ?

Probably for Pratap Pothen for some time ?? And also for Bhaskar ( who was the brother to Revathy in Mounga Ragam )
[/tscii:7de691b10c]

saradhaa_sn
30th August 2005, 02:03 PM
Dear Balaji...

S.N.Surendar gave dubbing voice for Kannan, in BR's 'Kaadhal Oviyam'. Very ggod match with kannan. We can imagine the nice voice calling Radha as "Ponneee"

Regarding Rajesh, I dont want to see him as a dubbing artist. He should come in a second round as a charecter artist like Vijayakumar, Nizhalgal Ravi, Sarath Babu etc....

S.Balaji
30th August 2005, 02:29 PM
Yes yes, I recollect now the voice of Surendher for Kannan....

You know... for that role, one of my friends was about to be finalised !! Even Screen test everything got through. Finally, he missed out...

Now he is doing a small scale business and living happily in Chennai.....

S.Balaji
30th August 2005, 02:33 PM
Regarding Rajesh, I dont want to see him as a dubbing artist. He should come in a second round as a charecter artist like Vijayakumar, Nizhalgal Ravi, Sarath Babu etc....

Though Rajesh comes in Chinna thirai... ( I saw him doing well in Alaigal ... of Venu Aravind fame....( I am a big fan of Venu Aravind... Still young and energetic ...acted once a elder brother to Kamal in one movie !! )
Rajesh came as guardian for Jayachitra... in that serial... did well..

But now Rajesh is being seen in Ekta Kapoor's dull and bore serials.... like Kanavanukaaga.... Hopeless serial...

alias
31st August 2005, 03:19 AM
After making the Northies life hell, the great EKTA KAPOOR is giving sleepless night to many guys in South with her extraordinary extended family soap opera :-)

yvsmani
31st August 2005, 12:37 PM
Actor Rajesh is underutilized by Tamil film directors. He gave a splendid performance in ammavum neeyae appavum neeyae and aalaya deepam

thumburu
31st August 2005, 03:00 PM
don't we know that kodambakkam abhors knowledge?

app_engine
3rd September 2005, 01:59 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/09/02/stories/2005090203290300.htm

Contrary to what the opening post of this thread said, it looks like he is not doing so bad after all...

S.Balaji
3rd September 2005, 10:44 AM
How good is his voice ? Does it resemble Surendher ??

selvakumar
7th September 2005, 04:07 PM
Moderators,
I created this thread in TAMIL FILMS thread. But without any information this thread is here. I request the moderators to PM the thread creators in case there is a move. I thought that u people have deleted this thread. Now only I found the thread. Hope this won't repeat in the future.

stranger
9th September 2005, 03:39 AM
Jeez, it seems it has taken couple of months for you to find your own thread "relocated"! :o

How about starting a "lost and found" thread, huh? :idea:

Do check your "own profile" when you lose something and wondering about it. It might just take you to the correct location to "locate" the "lost one"! 8)

mr_karthik
21st September 2005, 05:45 PM
What this Surendar want to tell?.

If any director, producer or actor with whom he was working in past, should look after him life long?. Why not he come up with his own talent, without blaming others?.

When there are several poors in Kolywood, why a special thread only for S.N.Surendar..?.

Scale
21st September 2005, 06:40 PM
Jeez, it seems it has taken couple of months for you to find your own thread "relocated"! :o

How about starting a "lost and found" thread, huh? :idea:

Do check your "own profile" when you lose something and wondering about it. It might just take you to the correct location to "locate" the "lost one"! 8)

How about starting only necessary(few) threads!. There are n no of threads relating to ajith which they themselves do not remember after sometime. Will threads like this remain in their memories ?:lol:. Selva, No offence meant.

selvakumar
30th September 2005, 09:57 PM
Stranger,
I think u have misunderstood my situation. I created this thread under TAMIL FILMS category. When I came the next day, I was not able to find the thread. I thought that the thread might have been deleted. That's why I never searched it through my profile. But after couple of months I am finding it here. That is surprising and irritating with discussions going well beyond several pages. so, I thought of giving one more suggestion to the moderator who can give information on all these sort of things clearly.

Scale,
I created this under TAMIL FILMS category. But here, I don't want to discuss about anything regarding ajith coz it has no relevance at all. But this will happen for anyone. Just put urself in my shoes and u will understand my problem.

ajith is ofcourse my favorite hero. Can anyone forget about the threads that are relevant to their favorite hero? come on, try to understand

stranger
30th September 2005, 10:03 PM
selvakumar!

nowadays it is very easy to clarify doubts like this!

believe me! Just click on ! in any thread and aks the moderator.

They will clarify you with the justification! 8)

Or, just send a pm to thiru or nov or whoever responsible for that thread!

They will be at your service! :)

Take it easy! :)

app_engine
28th March 2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/fr/2008/03/28/stories/2008032851470400.htm

S N Surendar is acting in 'ayyA vazhi':-)

Neel D
29th May 2008, 07:35 PM
Kicking up...

Link to an SNS song:
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1400269#1400269

Shakthiprabha.
29th May 2008, 07:41 PM
Kicking up...

Link to an SNS song:
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1400269#1400269

very soothing!

:ty: