PDA

View Full Version : Rehman working on his own symphony

dinesh2002
8th June 2005, 01:18 PM
Rehman working on his own symphony
Wednesday, June 08, 2005

After a long interval, music director A R Rehman is now fully concentrating on Tamil movies.

Rehman is busy composing tunes for Ajith''s Godfather and S J Suryah''s A Aah.

Of course, he has his commitments in Hindi and is also scoring tunes for an English musical.

Rehman is happy to be back in Tamil that shaped him up. "Since I was busy with my earlier commitments, I could not concentrate on Kollywood now. However I am back here with great enthusiasm and energy."

A quick chat with the music genius.

What are the movies you are currently working?
Godfather is nearing completion. Then I have A Aah followed by a movie titled Jil Endru Oru Kadhal starring Surya. I have composed a song for Jil Endru Oru Kadhal which I am sure would become anthem among youngsters.

Will you score music for low budget movies?
I am not averse to working in small budget films. I am more keen on working with a good unit. I love to work with director Manirathinam for he always strives for excellence. How many directors today aim for perfection ? If I get the right team, I would work for any producer.

When you score music for Bollywood and Chinese films, how do you adapt yourself to the environment?
Whenever I work in any language, I understand their culture, know about the people of the region as well. A song can reach masses only if the tunes reflect the culture of the land.

What's your dream project?
I am keeping it a secret. I want to do a symphony. I have begun my work towards it. The symphony is an inspiration of a Sufi story. I want to name the symphony Conference of the Bird. Very soon I will begin my work towards it.

It is said that you take huge money to score music?
I am not keen on making money. Had I wanted to make quick money, I would have made it when I was scoring advertisement jingles before Roja. God has given me this talent and I hope to continue with it according to his wishes.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/interview/6365.html

Looks like News on Zilindre Oru Kadhal is true!!!!!!! :) :D :D :D :D :D

dinesh2002
8th June 2005, 02:03 PM
just to support the Jil endru oru kadhal fact :

Surya, who is staying away from public these days as he has shaved his head for Ghajini, will be acting as hero in a movie titled Jill Enru Oru Kadhal.

The movie will be directed by a debutant, Krishna, and would be produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu.

Kalaipuli Thanu and Surya join hands together after their successful venture in Kaakha Kaakha.

A R Rehman would be scoring the music for the movie.

Seems like Surya has put behind the failure of Mayavi behind him.
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/15093.html

PS : Personal request to Admin to reopen the thread "New Project Zilindre Oru Kadhal"!

stone cold
8th June 2005, 03:30 PM
Ilayaraja & A R Rehman - Tamilians in symphony

Music lovers, get ready for an earful of honey sweet melody. Not ordinary honey, but symphony honey! Composed by none other than the giants of music Ilayaraja and A R Rehman.

This article is part of the Cinesouth subscription service.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/07062005-2.shtml

united07
8th June 2005, 03:53 PM
avunge yeluthare english-ku pay panni vera padikanumma?

kilinjathu krishnagiri

alias
9th July 2005, 01:41 AM
I hope ARR does not come up with a religious album in his symphony and non muslim do not understand it or find out of place listening to the symphony like I did when listening IR symphony album.

njv
9th July 2005, 08:40 AM
alias

its interesting that you bring this topic. Thiruvasakam, though talk about lord shiva, is a common verse, that Rev G U Pope decided to translate. Even TIS project was lead by a Christian father. What I am saying is that religion is not a barrier here. It is the music that prevails. I am sorry that you didnt enjoy TIS, but try understanding the meaning. Just replace namashiva with allah and listen to rest of the parts, you will enjoy. Thiruvasakam is a way to reach to god / get spiritual feeling. Lot of ARR fans got that as well. Its like me saying that "Iraivanidam Kaiyendhungal" is not good because it talks about allah. Instead I would say that I love that song (sung by haneefa) just because of the music that gives you the define feeling. Anyways... its your perspective so I cant change.

alias
13th July 2005, 03:39 AM
njv, Dont mistake me. I dont have to replace Shiva with Allah to enjoy. I enjoy Suprabadam and Kanda Sasthi not because they are religious but because of Rhythm but TIS, somehow I could not enjoy probably individual feeling and please nothing to do ARR-IR here.

njv
13th July 2005, 04:05 AM
alias, i didn mistake, but i thought if you didnt enjoy the lyrics you can find another way to enjoy. Like you said, its probably your individual feeling. You may hang on to it after a while or you may not. But definitely I havent seen any ARR-IR war related to TIS and it is mainly due to ARR fans supporting TIS. Hopefully this event will give us some ARR-IR combo soon (I had a dream that IR is singing for ARR music - hope my dream come true)

dude
13th July 2005, 10:09 AM
yup, IR singing for ARR would be a treat. It is my dream too :-)))

jaiganes
13th July 2005, 10:13 AM
alias!
Not to offend you, but I had this in my mind.
Music is an art that is driven by inspiration. Inspirations that come from deep within. For some it is patriotism that gives inspirations. For others, it is religion. So if ARR is driven by patriotism to compose Vande Matharam, he might be equally driven by religion and his spiritual leanings to compose music. Leave out pop music for fun and you will find that for centuries, great musicians have been driven either by spirituality, patriotism or friendship and Love , all of them or one to give their best music. Your argument that it is religious doesn't hold good and it is like some one saying that "VandeMataram" by ARR isn't good to hear or interesting because it praises India (ARR's motherland) too much. Though it might be religion or patriotism that drove the creator, the final music and effort is what needs to be appreciated.
To give an example, in the entire Vande Mataram album, my favourite is "Tu hi tu", the concept is so beautiful and the sleeve notes go like this " If it is for heaven that I praise you (Allah or the supreme), then let me end up in Hell, for I Love you without any expectations. No wonder I see Rahman's devotion and selfless love to his GOD. It is uncorrupted and hence joyful music spouts when he is contemplating on that subject.

MADDY
13th July 2005, 04:36 PM
Udit narayan gets the national award for yeh tara woh tara - swades :D

Swades also gets award for best processing(i dunt know wat it means)

Bose gets award for best patriotic film

no award for SRK and ARR in swades...very disappointing indeed....

alias
13th July 2005, 07:27 PM
jaiganes, As I said I am not against religious albums at all. Even in Vande Mataram, my fav. songs is Tu Hi but what I expected from TIS was a pure symphony somewhat like Nothing but Wind with extra flavour and modern composition but making it religious didnt suit my taste.. But I hope as njv said if I listen couple of times, it might have an affect. But as far as IR brillancy there is not a single doubt about it.

jaiganes
14th July 2005, 10:48 AM
Alias! Thats fine!!
I am spell bound every time I play "Tu Hi" from Vande mataram and " Zikr" from Bose. the depth and life in these pieces are amazing.

small digression:
If Bose is eligible for best film for national integration, then it definitely is eligible for Best Music as well. No offense meant, but, music of Bose was zillion times better than anything I heard last year, including maddy's favourite Swades. BTW who got the national award for best music? Dont tell me it is late madan mohan for veer zaara, I might have to buy a machine gun if it turns out to be true. :-(

Scale
14th July 2005, 10:54 AM
Alias! Thats fine!!
I am spell bound every time I play "Tu Hi" from Vande mataram and " Zikr" from Bose. the depth and life in these pieces are amazing.

small digression:
If Bose is eligible for best film for national integration, then it definitely is eligible for Best Music as well. No offense meant, but, music of Bose was zillion times better than anything I heard last year, including maddy's favourite Swades. BTW who got the national award for best music? Dont tell me it is late madan mohan for veer zaara, I might have to buy a machine gun if it turns out to be true. :-(

Its Vidyasagar for telugu film swarabhishekam . Browse the entire thread and continue your comments in

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=168075#168075