PDA

View Full Version : Geetanjali

Raghu
1st June 2005, 05:52 PM
Dear all,

Has any one seen AVM's Geetanjali, if so what are your views about the characters in the series, and how many episodes are there?

Thanks

akila3
1st June 2005, 09:25 PM
my view abt geetha anjali
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
it seems to me that the director takes this serial just to torture the audience. This is one of the worest serial ever made. :banghead:

Raghu
1st June 2005, 09:29 PM
my view abt geetha anjali
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
it seems to me that the director takes this serial just to torture the audience. This is one of the worest serial ever made. :banghead:

Of late this has become very confusing and disgusting!!, I agree with u akila

usha_pooja
2nd June 2005, 03:35 PM
I believe Geetanjali is very absive cos Madhu is so absive to Geeta i think that so unacceptable. I think da director should start makin some changes. Also Kannan should stop actin lik a puppet n start makin some changes.

usha_pooja
3rd June 2005, 08:28 PM
[tscii:01bf03be79]Article found on da serial from the hindu website
GENERALLY A wailing heroine, a scheming second lead, a suffering mother [if she has no husband it's even better], a wayward husband — these broad lines should suffice for a television writer to go for his kill. And what ensues is a serial that has innumerable plots and sub-plots that meander through many an irksome terrain.

Insensitive depiction

What is appalling is the insensitive depiction of women, and strangely it is women viewers who lap it all up and crave for more. "Geethanjali", for instance. The serial on Raj began in a reasonably interesting manner. The storyline could only be stretched up to a point. Once they began to overdo things, it failed to sustain interest. But even there you had the common factors of a working couple, a widowed mother, an extra-marital affair — and later, ever so many things. There's a scene in which the young widow (Yuvashri) is told in no uncertain terms that adorning your hair with flowers and sporting a bindi are privileges not all get! Regression at its zenith you could say. Only a dearth of ideas could result in such retrograde concepts. "Geethanjali" was never sublime. But, of late, it borders on the ridiculous. And it's not "Geethanjali" alone. There are ever so many that are similar to this serial.

At one end of the spectrum you have a naïve, dutiful, blindly devoted wife — even if the writing is on the wall that her husband is unfaithful to her, she can only blame the other woman and not him. And, on the other, is the sinister, heartless and constantly conspiring woman, whose hobby is revenge for revenge sake. She doesn't even need an excuse to be evil. She just goes on a scheming spree with the sole purpose of protracting the soap just like the one in "Anandham" on Sun.

You also come across a stupid, timid girl, pitted against a whole lot of alligators in human form. She tries to play martyr but appears downright foolish. The daughter is in an abysmal state of despair and her mother is unable to sense that there's something amiss! Women are not only unnaturally good or entirely bad they are also shown as being dim-witted and lacking in perception. "Kalyani" is the name of this fare on Vijay. Thankfully it's over and done with.

Mediocre fare

Be it bearing children out of wedlock, polygamy or using sex as a weapon to make or mar a family, nothing is wrong, as far as these serial queens are concerned. Of course, except when they decide to be righteous! Amidst such mediocre stuff, only weeklies such as "Chidambara Rahasiyam" and creators like Naga offer a glimmer of hope.

Soaps need not aim at elevating the mindset of viewers or present significant points of view for them to ponder about. At the least they could be realistic and at the most, rewarding. Normally they are neither.

[/b][/tscii:01bf03be79]

usha_pooja
3rd June 2005, 08:33 PM
Produced by A. V. M. K. Shanmugham and directed by Gopi Bhimsingh, the story (written by Raj Prabhu) follows the travails of the Srinivasans. Srinivasan, a clerk, and his affectionate wife Meenakshi, raise their four daughters to the best of their ability. Their eldest child, Mythili's husband turns out to be a wastrel. As a result she faces difficulties in bringing up her two children. Srinivasan's third-born, Anusuya, is a gutsy one. During the course of an interview with a minister, she slaps him when he tries to misbehave with her. The youngest daughter, Kaveri, lands in prison when in trying to save herself from the correspondent of her school, who tried to rape her, she ends up killing him. At this hour of crisis, Srinivasan's seniors in office, Madhumitha and Kannan, come to his aid. Tune in to find out how things shape out for the Srinivasan family. The cast includes Deepa Venkat, Bharat Kalyan, Raman Nair, Mali, Shilpa, Seetha and Roopasri.

The above information is what da serial is abt i found on the hindu website n this came abt 2 yrs ago

Raghu
6th June 2005, 06:04 PM
Usha_pooja

Are you in London?, u watch Geetanjali from CEE(I)TV, if so you probably know me from CEE(I)TV

usha_pooja
6th June 2005, 07:12 PM
Usha_pooja

Are you in London?, u watch Geetanjali from CEE(I)TV, if so you probably know me from CEE(I)TV

Hi Raghu,
Sorry i dont hv cee tv but i got deepam tv so i watch it from deepam tv which is a sometime but my mum watches it often whenever shes free.

anyway nice meeting u n take care
from usha

Raghu
6th June 2005, 07:54 PM
Usha_pooja

Hi Raghu,
Sorry i dont hv cee tv but i got deepam tv so i watch it from deepam tv which is a sometime but my mum watches it often whenever shes free.

from usha

Hi

You have Deepam TV,

Did you use to watch a program called 'Thakida Thakida', do you know Sumathy akka who reads the evening news?

usha_pooja
7th June 2005, 12:14 AM
Usha_pooja

Hi Raghu,

from usha

Hi

You have Deepam TV,

Did you use to watch a program called 'Thakida Thakida', do you know Sumathy akka who reads the evening news?

Hiya
I seen Sumathy akka on tv but i dont know her very well. Also, i used 2 watch thakida thakida before. Did u take part in da show? Well, i dont go on television cos i dont hv da time n i dont bother.

take care
from usha

Raghu
7th June 2005, 04:19 PM
Usha_pooja

Hi Raghu,

from usha

Hi

You have Deepam TV,

Hiya
I seen Sumathy akka on tv but i dont know her very well. Also, i used 2 watch thakida thakida before. Did u take part in da show? Well, i dont go on television cos i dont hv da time n i dont bother.

take care
from usha

Hi yes, I danced for the song 'Thendral Vanthu ennai thodum', it was shown about 2-3 months ago!, did u se it?

usha_pooja
8th June 2005, 01:16 AM
Usha_pooja

Hi Raghu,

from usha

Hi

You have Deepam TV,

Hiya

take care
from usha

Hi yes, I danced for the song 'Thendral Vanthu ennai thodum', it was shown about 2-3 months ago!, did u se it?

Hiya,
Sorry i didnt watch da dance cos i wos @ college when da programme is takin place. Im really sorry.

Take care
from usha

Raghu
9th June 2005, 03:30 PM
hi usha,

no problem, now that Madhu is back, what happens next, do u know?

usha_pooja
10th June 2005, 12:58 AM
hi usha,

Which madhu r u reffering 2 r u referring to madhu as Kannan's 2nd wife or as da other madhu which is acting as Kannan's friend. However Kannan doesnt know da person

Raghu
10th June 2005, 03:55 PM
hi usha,

Which madhu r u reffering 2 r u referring to madhu as Kannan's 2nd wife or as da other madhu which is acting as Kannan's friend. However Kannan doesnt know da person

I mean Kannan's 2nd wife

usha_pooja
12th June 2005, 10:31 PM
hi raghu
tell me how much hv u watched then i can tell u what has happened from there onwards

take care
from usha

Raghu
13th June 2005, 03:08 PM
hi raghu
tell me how much hv u watched then i can tell u what has happened from there onwards

take care
from usha

Hiya

I watched up to the episode when Vinod Brings Madhu back into that House, where Madhu & kanna used to live, pls do tell me what happens next!

usha_pooja
13th June 2005, 06:53 PM
hi raghu

take care
from usha

Hiya

I watched up to the episode when Vinod Brings Madhu back into that House, where Madhu & kanna used to live, pls do tell me what happens next!

Sorry i am not that far yet cos im happening 2 be where Madhu just chucked Kannan out of da house n Devaraj has died.

so tell me what happens from here

Take care
from Usha

akila3
13th June 2005, 07:49 PM
u guys are still at that episode. i am not a good story teller but let me my best:

Geetha will stab and kills vinod when he try to misbehave with her.

Anjali (vinods wife) thinks that her husband is a good guy and is trying to ruin geetha's.

Geetha goes to jail and Madthu gets a change of heart.

Madthu confess in the court that she killed Vinod.

Geetha forgive Madthu and agrees to raising Madthu's daughter.

Geetha and Kannan reunite.

Anjali slowly start to poison Madthus mind by telling her that Geetha is torturing her daughter. ( but madthu doesnt beleive her) so she starts poinsioning the little girl's mind by telling her that geetha has sent madthu to jail for her crime and the little girl turns against geetha.

Anjali than tries to kidnap/ or murder (not sure) Madthu's daughter. Geetha knowing this take madthu's daughter and puts her in a convent. but on the outside she pretends as if she don't know the whereabouts of madthu's daughter.

Anjali some how finds out and tries kinnap the girl from the convent. she sits the girl in a car and come outside and discuss her plan with her brother in-law and the bad police (don't know his name) the little girl who over hears this try to run away from them but get hit by a loory and dies.

Now madhtu thinking that geetha killed her daughter joins force with anjali and is now trying out to get geetha.

oh boy even writting the update make me hit myself with a hammer :hammer:

there is still some more let me update those in another time. andyou thought those episode's are sick wait till you watch these. it makes you wonder wether the dirctor who make this seril is on drugs! :roll:

Raghu
13th June 2005, 08:14 PM
Hey thanks akila for the info, I thought Geeta would do something to Vinod, but kill him :SHOCK:, what happens to Geetha's brother inlaw (Not Rajaeshekar) the other one.

Usha

I think akila has explained everything in a nutshell,

akila3
13th June 2005, 10:30 PM
well not sure which one you're talking about. i don't know if you got to the part where Kaveri Geetha's younger sister marries the mental guy (forgot his name) are you talking about him or the other one Geetha's elder sister's husband Jana.

if you're talking about Jana than, he got married to a girl named Maya who works with him. and they recently brought a story about him but there is no sign of him in the recent episodes.

The story they brought and left it hanging in the air:

Kaanan goes to hyrabad or somewhere on a business trip. The next morning he wakes up with this new girl laying next to him and the girl claims that Kaanan was drunk and that he raped her. Kaanan protest that he didn't and he return to chennai, the girl also follows him to chennai and blackmail him showing few pictures of him and her that she took at the hotel in hydrabad. and kaanan keeps paying her and she keeps balckmailing him, this goes on for a while and Geetha comes to know about it and she beleives Kaanan and she refuses to pay the girl. and so the girl goes to the police and get kaanan arrested. Archana Vasudevan (the lawyer) argues for Kaanan in the court and gets him released. and the police arrest the girl Radha. and they show that Jana Geetha's b-inlaw as the one who setup Radha and played this drama. No one knows about this except for Anjali and Madhu.

usha_pooja
13th June 2005, 11:25 PM
well not sure which one you're talking about. i don't know if you got to the part where Kaveri Geetha's younger sister marries the mental guy (forgot his name) are you talking about him or the other one Geetha's elder sister's husband Jana.

if you're talking about Jana than, he got married to a girl named Maya who works with him. and they recently brought a story about him but there is no sign of him in the recent episodes.

The story they brought and left it hanging in the air:

Kaanan goes to hyrabad or somewhere on a business trip. The next morning he wakes up with this new girl laying next to him and the girl claims that Kaanan was drunk and that he raped her. Kaanan protest that he didn't and he return to chennai, the girl also follows him to chennai and blackmail him showing few pictures of him and her that she took at the hotel in hydrabad. and kaanan keeps paying her and she keeps balckmailing him, this goes on for a while and Geetha comes to know about it and she beleives Kaanan and she refuses to pay the girl. and so the girl goes to the police and get kaanan arrested. Archana Vasudevan (the lawyer) argues for Kaanan in the court and gets him released. and the police arrest the girl Radha. and they show that Jana Geetha's b-inlaw as the one who setup Radha and played this drama. No one knows about this except for Anjali and Madhu.

Hi akila

Thanks 4 da update this has really helped me a lot.

Take care
from usha

akila3
15th June 2005, 12:31 AM
i feel like the story is being streched too much and the diector have no common sense. anyways here is the latest

- Geetha owns a textile export business

-both madhu and anjali burns down the compay goudan (i don't know how to pronouce it ) the place whre the keep the stock and Madhu take the company form geetha

- madhu also kicks geetha and fami out of their house and take over

-Madhu sells the house to this new guy named arjun and this guy now gave the house back to geetha and in return he ask her to act as his wife in fornt of his mother whose dying. to give his mother's athma shathi. now geetha is in arjun's house acting, only kanan knows about this .

usha_pooja
15th June 2005, 12:49 AM
i feel like the story is being streched too much and the diector have no common sense. anyways here is the latest

- Geetha owns a textile export business

-both madhu and anjali burns down the compay goudan (i don't know how to pronouce it ) the place whre the keep the stock and Madhu take the company form geetha

- madhu also kicks geetha and fami out of their house and take over

-Madhu sells the house to this new guy named arjun and this guy now gave the house back to geetha and in return he ask her to act as his wife in fornt of his mother whose dying. to give his mother's athma shathi. now geetha is in arjun's house acting, only kanan knows about this .

From lookin @ thsi update i believe da director has pulled da serial way beyond its limit it needs 2 make an end otherwise da audience r goin 2 stop watchin da serial.

Take care
from usha

usha_pooja
7th July 2005, 12:26 AM
hiya does anyone know whats happenin in da serial now plz do update.

thanks
take care
from usha

gta129
16th September 2005, 03:48 AM
Does any one have Geetanjali song.

usha_pooja
19th September 2005, 07:08 PM

same here. Its very jolly n a song which is ideal 4 kids.

Sorry mate i dont hv da song if i know anyone who has it i will let u know soon.

take care
from usha

saradhaa_sn
7th November 2005, 05:47 PM

Sorry mate i dont hv da song if i know anyone who has it i will let u know soon.

take care
from usha
The song is ideal for kids.

But the toooo much 'alattal' of singer Srinivas in that song is un-digestable.

I think this javvu mittai serial will go even to next generation.

usha_pooja
7th November 2005, 11:30 PM

take care
from usha
The song is ideal for kids.

But the toooo much 'alattal' of singer Srinivas in that song is un-digestable.

I think this javvu mittai serial will go even to next generation.

anyone plz give in da latest update cos my mum watches it n i agree with sahana

usha_pooja
28th November 2005, 09:15 PM
article on geetha

Dream, dream and dream till your desire gets fulfilled. And dream with sustained efforts would bring in fruitful results. This is perhaps, the mantra for all those who have succeeded and striving for success in their chosen field of activity.

And this artiste too had a desire to showcase her acting skills for which she did the ground work right from her school days. And luck smiled on her as she started anchoring. She is Shilpa, who is doing the lead role in AVM's Geethanjali.

She took time off to talk to News Today at the sets of AVM Studios. 'It was my childhood dream to enter the dream factory.' And her dream came true when she was offered a role in the serial Penn Bommaigal that was beamed by a Singapore television channel.

Even before taking up roles in serials, Shilpa had done quite a lot of compering in most of the satellite channels since she loved doing it.

How did she get into compering? 'It was a friend of my sister (Nirmala) who asked me to attend the interview for comperes for JJ TV (presently Jaya TV). Later, she got to host the programme Hit List, compilation of new songs followed by Top 5 movies.

She had anchored number of game shows and special programmes. After a short stint with JJ TV, she started freelancing for Vijay TV and Sun TV.

'My first serial telecast in Chennai Doordarshan Kendra was Parivarthanai directed by Raja wherein I did the role of a village belle,' she said and added that 'it gave me an opportunity to improvise my acting skills.'

'But the mega serial Chitti indeed gave me a break since TV viewers identified my character (as an Assistant Commissioner of Police),' she added.

With 50 serials and six films to her credit, Shilpa is confident of making it big in the small screen. Some of her serials include Neethi, Adathathu Nee, Aarthi, Anbu Manam, Nimmathi and Gokulumulu Seetha, a Telugu serial.

Her roles in films include Piriyamanavaley, Friends, Pudumaipithan, Kamarasu and Success.

Any foreign trips? She has performed stage shows in Singapore and Sri Lanka.

About her pastime? She enjoys watching television, reading books and sometimes tries her luck at new recipes.

Her father Nathan is retired executive from Nippo Batteries Ltd and her mother Rita, a homemaker.

As of now, Shilpa said she was happy and satisfied with the serials and her dream was to direct serials in the future.

website found is www.newstodaynet.com

take care
from usha

usha_pooja
29th November 2005, 05:18 PM
article on kannan

Old is gold may be an old saying, but it has relevance to old time movies which has captivated a new generation of audience now. Remember the yesteryear movies Nenjil Oor Aalayam and Maniosai. (thanks to the oft-repeated teleacast of these movies in satellite channels).Guess who did the lead role in those films. It was Kalyankumar who painted new colours in the tinsel town during his four-decade-old career. Now his son Bharath Kalyan, following his father's footsteps, has taken to acting and continues to show his prowess in television serials.

Like father, like son, he has abundant skills. He spared time for a face-to-face with News Today during the shoot of the serial Geethanjali at AVM studios.

How come he took to acting. The urge for acting was got from his father who ruled the roost those days, but his father advised him to prepare the ground before entering filmdom, he said and added that though he was very keen for stage plays he had to kickstart with television serials soon after completing his B Com in A M Jain College.

Which was his debut serial? Says he, 'it was Asokavanam, a serial by Komal Swaminathan wherein I performed role along with my father and it was telecast by Golden Eagle TV (presently Vijay TV) in 1995.'

Some of his mega serials include Raguvamsham, Vizhuthugal, Madisaar Mami, Sondam and Nambikkai besides a few Telugu serials such as Okka Sthri Katha, Agnipraveshan and Suriyavamsham. He is presently doing the lead cast in Geethanjali and a role in Minbimbangal's serial Engirindo Vandal.

Bharath has shown his acting skills in a few films like Ennamma Kannu and Pattali besides an art film Sringaram by Madhu Ambat in which he has done a character role of a temple gurukkal.

'No doubt serials gave me an identity among the television viewers', he said and added that though he loved acting, his ambition is for direction which he his confident of doing sooner than later.

His other proficiency? He is conversant in Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi besides Tamil and English.

Married to Priyadarshini, an executive in Sutherland, the couple has a son Tharun.

resource on www.newstodaynet.com

Raghu
21st February 2006, 05:45 PM
Who shot Geeta? that police inspector?, does he get arrested?

and what happens to anjali?

thanks

usha_pooja
21st February 2006, 11:43 PM
geeta gas been shotted? Plz tell me what happens after geetas realised from jali plz.

Dhesh
25th May 2006, 06:21 PM
The serial is now finished on Raj Tv. We stopped watching on from Video 88. It got too twisted and they were adding too many characters. It all got too confusing. It had started off really well but then it completely deteriorated. It got soooooo boring