PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Sheldon Vs Ken Follett

balakumar86
27th May 2005, 04:03 PM
this s a thread where u can discuss
d similarities n differences between these 2 novelists.

Crab
27th May 2005, 04:15 PM
I liked Follett's The Eye of the Needle even though it resembled Forsyth's The Day of the Jackal.

Never read any Sheldon.

balakumar86
27th May 2005, 04:19 PM
I liked Follett's The Eye of the Needle even though it resembled Forsyth's The Day of the Jackal.

Never read any Sheldon.
had u read Follett's The third twin,
it was like a stream.
really superb novel

pooja.shankar
25th January 2006, 03:26 PM
SID SHELDON IS UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST
ny1 read IF TOMMORW COMES ?????????? by him

Chandar
17th February 2006, 01:17 PM
Both are really good. The main difference is SID always has a women centered novels where Ken Follet is not so. I like the way both write. If tomorrow comes is a superb one! Each novel is like an output of some research.

I would liek to steet the debate in a slightly different angle! Is there any one in Tamil, who can give 'authentic' novels other than Sujatha? I mean only the contemporary subject writers not Kalki or Chaandilyan.

jks11
24th April 2006, 11:20 PM
hi

hve u read pillars of the earth of ken follets? can somebody discuss with me abt it? a really superb piece. i hve read almost all of sidney sheldon.

jks11

ramky
15th May 2006, 07:07 PM

Never read any Sheldon.
I have read only "The Eye of the Needle" of Follett. Didnt impress me as much as Sidney Sheldon's "Blood Line" did which was my first read of his novels. Sheldon impressed me so much that I made it a point to read all of his novels. A gripping & women-centric storyline adds to his USP I guess.

Wibha
29th October 2006, 07:07 AM
Sidney Sheldon Rocks

Meera-ssg
13th March 2008, 11:18 AM
Follet is good. Third twin was ultimate. Eye of the needle :thumbsup:

Never can be though compared with sydney sheldon.

He rules!

Menaka
14th March 2008, 10:14 AM

Never read any Sheldon.
I have read only "The Eye of the Needle" of Follett. Didnt impress me as much as Sidney Sheldon's "Blood Line" did which was my first read of his novels. Sheldon impressed me so much that I made it a point to read all of his novels. A gripping & women-centric storyline adds to his USP I guess.

same here. any day i would prefer Sidney Sheldon over Follett. The only flaw with Sheldon is that most of his novels have something with president. I consider his "Best Laid Plans", "Naked Face," and "Memories of Midnight" the best :thumbsup:

RR
14th March 2008, 12:20 PM
Sidney sheldon is lovable just for the racy narration. I guess Ken Follet tends to downplays this. Sheldon is more like sujatha and his novels became kind of predictable after a while. Anyway they were good while they lasted.