PDA

View Full Version : || Enthiran - The Robot | Shankar | Rajni | Aishwarya ||

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 08:48 PM
[html:b69cf4f306]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_TXW9tFr0Qyo/TFPPauTdi8I/AAAAAAAABSA/H7txIeBrAP8/s576/Enthiran%2520-%252000%2520-%2520Front.jpg[/html:b69cf4f306]

[html:b69cf4f306]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_TXW9tFr0Qyo/TFPPa0MuGqI/AAAAAAAABSE/v5XBvNx5edQ/s512/Enthiran%2520-%252000%2520-%2520CD.jpg[/html:b69cf4f306]

[html:b69cf4f306]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_TXW9tFr0Qyo/TFPPaalcu5I/AAAAAAAABR8/-8BA2FSlAJ8/s512/Enthiran%2520-%252000%2520-%2520Booklet%25202.jpg[/html:b69cf4f306]

[tscii:b69cf4f306]Lots of soure telling that Shankar is going for a vacation once anniyan is released,and would be back to continue his dream project ROBOT..(also source said Shankar is back with ARR)...since knowing ARR composed 1 song for this album ( using 12 guitairs with Guitarist Prasanna)! here are some stale news on Robot...(since i got no other better work...hehehhehe)

__________________________________________________ _____________

IT'S FINALLY out. The word on Kamal's next release, that is. Kamal Hassan's next film after `Aala Vandhan' slated for a Tamil New Year's day release would be Diwali-release `Pammal K. Sambandham' (PKS), a full-length comedy to be directed by Mouli.

And guess what? It's Simran who's playing his lady-love, for the first time. Pssst! It was supposed to be kept under the hat, for the pooja is happening only on April 2.

Now that the news is out, here is more dope on Kamal's movie after PKS. Yes, it will be director Shankar's `Robot', the special effects special science-fiction flick with dialogues by Sujatha and music by... who-else but Rahman for a Shankar film!

`Robot' will get rolling by July, after Shankar's done with the `Mudhalvan' remake `Nayak'. Now, what's interesting is both `PKS' and `Robot' are films under the Media Dreams banner.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2001/03/28/stories/0428401c.htm

Preity Zinta in Kamal Hassan’s Robot

30th June 2001 13.17 IST
By N K Deoshi

Preity Zinta’s vivacity and natural talent has made her a favorite among Bollywood’s dream merchants.

Recently the dimpled lass signed a film titled “Robot” opposite Kamal Hassan. The film, a sci-fi thriller, will be directed by the south Indian director Shankar who will make his Bollywood debut with the forthcoming film “Nayak” starring Anil Kapoor and Rani Mukherjee. Shankar is planning to use a lot of digital work and computer-generated special effects in “Robot”.

In a press conference held recently, Media Dreams, the producers of the film, dismissed the rumors that the film has been shelved. They further clarified that the film will go on floors after Kamal is through with the entire post-production work of his in-the-making “Abhay” and Shankar too has canned his “Nayak”.

Bollywood insiders affirm that the Zinta girl signed on the dotted line when Shankar approached her with the offer to play the lead. She is reported to be gung-ho about the idea of acting with Kamal Hassan, and thought it “a privilege” to work with “a star of such a caliber”.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20010630-0.html

Rajnikanth stays mum
Speculations can now be put to rest.

Rajnikanth’s birthday has come and gone, and there is still no announcement from the superstar about a film with hotshot director Shankar, or anyone else for that matter.

Rajnikanth is content, seemingly, to remain in hibernation. Shankar, however, is moving on.

He was originally supposed to do a sci-fi film, Robot, with Kamal Hassan but that project has been shelved following the non-performance of Abhay (Aalavandaan, in Tamil) at the box office.

Then came the news that talks were on with Rajnikanth -- but that, too, has been scotched with the buzz being that Shankar wanted AM Rathnam (who last teamed with the director on the Anil Kapoor-starrer Nayak) as his producer while Rajnikanth preferred to work with others.

So Shankar is moving on with Boys, a film featuring five boys and a girl, all fresh faces in the industry. The film is supposed to be young, and romantic, and that is all he is saying for now.

http://www.rediff.com/entertai/2001/dec/22ss.htm

There was a plan to conduct the Pooja for 'Robot' on a grand scale, with all pomp and glory, akin to that of 'Aalavandhan'. But it was not to be Kamal,Shankar, Sujatha and other artists who are connected with 'Robot' are greatly upset in not being able to hold a gala function while launching that ambitions venture. They are obviously nonplussed buy the stern restrictions imposed by the Tamil film Producers' Association.

But nothing could dormant the verve and nerves of Shankar, the zealous and zestful director. He had held a Pooja with all grandeur in Mumbai for the Hindi release of 'Robot'. Taking that pooja into account for all practical purposes, he has set the pace of his filming activities in connection with 'Robot' in motion

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/07032001/news01.shtml

Confirmation from ARR during 2001

Question: What's the film you are working for now?

Answer: In Shankar's direction the film "Robot" is there. I do compose music for it. To whichever corner in the world I may happen to go for composing musical scores only Tamilnadu would have the status of being my motherland-home! I'm a staunch house-bird. It' all very well known to all.

http://home.no.net/satheest/html/a.r_rahman.html

just share ur views on this project...! it really did excite me when i heard its getting revived!! (not hoping on it tough)[/tscii:b69cf4f306]

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 08:58 PM
Date: Mon Apr 2, 2001 7:18 am
Subject: REJOICE! - Robot is by Rahman!

Dear folks,

This comes straight out of Sujata (the celebrated tamil writer,
Sujata is his wife's name, which he uses as his nickname), who's one
of the producers of Robot.

He has said this in the ambalam.com (unfortunately in tamil script).

Here's the translation!

Q: We've been hearing lots of different news on Robot. Whats the
truth?

Sujata: The truth is that Shankar is starting the work on Robot as
soon as he finishes Nayak. The story is ready and so is A R Rahman!
http://www.ambalam.com/sujatha/2001/April/sujatha01_01.html

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/16429

rajasaranam
26th May 2005, 10:13 PM
Enna maamu dinesuu,

Seththa ponaththukku uyir kudukka nenakiriyaa :lol:
ithukku oru thread vaera :twisted:

dinesh2002
26th May 2005, 10:16 PM
RS...Jelouse??:P

Thiru
27th May 2005, 06:44 PM
dinesh,

edit your postings and refrain from using offensive language... otherwise will have to delete your posts or lock the thread...

dinesh2002
27th May 2005, 07:15 PM
dinesh,

edit your postings and refrain from using offensive language... otherwise will have to delete your posts or lock the thread...

better????

dinesh2002
4th June 2005, 10:46 PM
Sujatha On "Robo":
Popular story writer, technological geek & dialogue writer Sujatha speaks on Shankar's unscreened "Robo".
Story discussion with Shankar is the most happiest thing in life. We would go to the Alangriha, a resort which is near Ooty, Kumaragam and Hyderabad. We will stay there and have the story discussion for some ten to fifteen days. At that time we were poised towards the story, story and story alone. We eat, drink and even brush upon the story itself. We will discuss upon it for day and nights and finally leave the station only when we are satisfied and the story is readily uploaded into our laptops.

After that we will leave each other for some time. I will prepare a draft for the story and send it to Shankar. He will see through it, make corrections if any and return it to me. I will recorrect any other missing parts or changable parts in the story. Another important thing is, the changes in the story will also be done only with each other's permission.

There was a contorversy when "Boys" was released. Some well wisher of me told me that the dialouges in the film are not mine, and asked me to stay clear of the controversy by making a statement that the dialouges are written by Shankar. But, I don't want to do that, because each and every lines of dialouges in that film are done under my supervision. "Boys" is really a good story, but for some reasons it did not suit many viewers.

The funniest thing is that if a film is a success, everybody who are the part of the film, including the light boys react in such a way that he is the owner of the story. But in the same case, if the story was a flop, every body puts the blame upon the director.

Me and Shankar have worked in five films till now. They are "Indian", "Mudhalvan", "Boys", "Robo" & "Anniyan".

When coming to "Robo", It is a very typical story with excellent screenplay and scripts. Kamal and Preity Zinta were the ones who were proposed to act in the story. But, due to unknown reasons the film could not be started. When I happened to watch Spielberg's "A.I", I wondered that we have done our story "Robo" better than that, and felt really sorry that we could not put it in the screens. But, I still belive that "Robo" will see the daylight some day.

http://www.behindwoods.com/News/1-1-05/sujatha_robo.htm

coucou
24th June 2005, 09:17 PM
http://www.maalaimalar.com/asp/cinema/dis_cinema.asp?mod_id=2

coucou
24th June 2005, 09:23 PM
shankar's dream is robo. he need more than 40 crores to do this movie. this is a movie will release in whole india.
it will be good if the musician is arr!!!!
WE HAVE SONGS IN ALL VERSIONS (hindi, tamil,malayalam, keralam)

dinesh2002
25th June 2005, 05:52 AM
yes coucou.....see this :

srinivasan_kal asks Do U have any dream script like Kamal's Marudhanayagam
Shankar says every film is a dream script. i have one ROBO, a science fiction script..

this is me :)
dinesh2020 asks what happened to ROBOT?
Shankar says it is very much in the pipeline..

karthik.sc asks sir i would suggest you do robot with someone like amir khan or shahrukh khan as they have a huge worldwide market
Shankar says if i decide my next film as robot, then everything would fall into place..

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13877100

dinesh2002
5th July 2005, 03:30 PM
Date: Tue Jul 5, 2005 8:49 am
Subject: Rehman on Anniyan

I met rehman sir recently being interviewed by Indiaglitz..
Soon to be published i guess.
Just heard he mentioned he will be teaming up with Shankar for his next
venture Robo with Kamal..
He did praise HJ's outstanding performance for Anniyan.He mentioned
that Harris had also began to venture to create new loops and sounds. A
good remedy for indian music listeners...
Hurry Rehman!!

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/52750

baba88
3rd August 2005, 04:46 PM
(A.R.Rahman's) ROBOT is getting ready !

Shankar is basking in the success of Anniyan. The response to the film
has enthused him to go ahead with his dream project, Robo. But the
huge budget is the deterrent. The hero is also undecided. It could be
Kamal, Vikram or Arjun. Oscar Films' Ravichandran has agreed to
produce the film, if Kamal were to be the hero.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News25/3-8-05/tamil-movies-news-kamal.html

coucou
3rd August 2005, 05:12 PM
any information ABOUT MUSIC?????????????????

Dragun
3rd August 2005, 11:15 PM
Only cast Kamal in this role if the robot is to be fat and old :-)

My preference is Vikram. Maybe Arjun second. And ARR of course doing the music.

alias
4th August 2005, 12:49 AM
Shankar wanteed a crying robot so he selected Kamal. If he wants Silent robot he would go for Chiyan Vikram.
If he wants chudomunchii robot, then Ravi Krishna.
IF he wants Patriot robo, Vijaykanth,
if he wants robo to rotates his finger, Simbu,
if he wants remake robo , Jayam Ravi
if he wants robo with beard and cry, TR
if he wants robo with thiruthu muzhi, pandiyarajan
if he wants jollu + lollu robo , Satyaraj or his son

The list goes on.....

MADDY
4th August 2005, 08:10 AM
and if he needs a handsome,smiling robot then it is my thalai-Maddy :D

svaisn
4th August 2005, 08:50 AM
and if he needs a handsome,smiling robot then it is my thalai-Maddy :D

Maddy - poi priyasakhile perunga

Hope we see out Alaipayuthey Maddy ssoon

A.ANAND
4th August 2005, 09:43 AM
i think this news just a rumur...

dinesh2002
4th August 2005, 03:42 PM
(A.R.Rahman's) ROBOT is getting ready !

Shankar is basking in the success of Anniyan. The response to the film
has enthused him to go ahead with his dream project, Robo. But the
huge budget is the deterrent. The hero is also undecided. It could be
Kamal, Vikram or Arjun. Oscar Films' Ravichandran has agreed to
produce the film, if Kamal were to be the hero.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News25/3-8-05/tamil-movies-news-kamal.html

he has no choice,he has/have/had took/take ARRahman for robot looooooooong time back & ARR composed a song for it too.with using 12 guitars.....lets see....

dinesh2002
4th August 2005, 03:48 PM
[tscii:8e54c3c716]Galatta too gave the same news :

Robo on the process

Shankar is very happy and relaxed after the success of Anniyan. The response to this film has been a motivator for his dream project, Robo. But the huge budget is the only restraint. The hero is yet to be decided. It could be Kamal, Vikram or Arjun. Oscar Films’ Ravichandran has agreed to produce the film, if Kamal were to be the hero.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=robo04.txt[/tscii:8e54c3c716]

MADDY
6th August 2005, 09:40 AM
i think shankar shuld do it with SRK in Hindi.....have ash as the heroine, yash chopra as the producer/distributor,ARR as the MD then he need not worry abt box-office fate....it wud surely bcome a hit.....

(hey guys pls dunt criticise SRK here, he has been proving with all complex roles given to him...ex:swades........i have confidence that SRK can do justice to robot as well :D )

Jacky
6th August 2005, 11:20 AM
ROBO in Hindi???
I don't think the naachana-Gaana-Karwhachok-Bhabhi-devar audience are ready for a sci-fiction film yet!

nilavupriyan
6th August 2005, 11:47 AM
Only cast Kamal in this role if the robot is to be fat and old :-)

My preference is Vikram. Maybe Arjun second. And ARR of course doing the music.

HAVENT U SEEN MOTTAI KAMAL IN AALAVANDHAN?
IF WE NEED SOMETHING EXTRA ORDINARY WE NEED KAMAL

july
6th August 2005, 02:37 PM
my opinion :-
1.Let the movie in TAMIL
2.Hero:Vikram
3.Music:Arr

:D :D

nilavupriyan
6th August 2005, 02:48 PM
my choice

hero-kamal haasan

heroine-aishvarya rai or preity zinda

music-a.r.r

dialogue-sujatha

art director-sabu siril

photography-r.k.c

MADDY
6th August 2005, 03:14 PM
jacky, times r changing here too......movies like Munnabhai,Swades,Yahaan r being made in Hindi.......and SRK is a better choice than vikram/arjun anyday......

dinesh2002
6th August 2005, 03:16 PM
but i feel it will end up :

hero- Vikram/ Jeyam Ravi

heroine- bipasha basu or trisha

music- Hj

dialogue-sujatha

art director-sabu siril

photography- ravi varman

Jacky
6th August 2005, 05:57 PM
Maddy,
They have limited market. I heard AKS was a flop and Bhoot was a moderate success. I don't think Bollywood is ready for Shankar's extravaganza. If he wants to make it in Hindi he should take Aamir. He's more versatile and Natural than SRK or Ajay Devagan.

Scale
6th August 2005, 09:57 PM
Irrespective of the stars, Shankar directing a film in hindi! :lol:

He is yet to recover from "Nayak" ex dubbed films hhmq,jeans,hindustani (except music) . Even Mani Sir failed miserably in Dile Se (SRK), Yuva (3 stars). In his latest interview, Shankar thanked tv channels (zee, sony etc) for repeat telecasting (X100..) so atleast ppl are aware that he was the director in it.

This is where ARR beats everyone. Ofcourse directing a movie in a different language (needs an interpreter for everything) is more complicated than composing songs....

nilavupriyan
7th August 2005, 11:45 AM
Irrespective of the stars, Shankar directing a film in hindi! :lol:

He is yet to recover from "Nayak" ex dubbed films hhmq,jeans,hindustani (except music) . Even Mani Sir failed miserably in Dile Se (SRK), Yuva (3 stars). In his latest interview, Shankar thanked tv channels (zee, sony etc) for repeat telecasting (X100..) so atleast ppl are aware that he was the director in it.

This is where ARR beats everyone. Ofcourse directing a movie in a different language (needs an interpreter for everything) is more complicated than composing songs....

shankar didnt have family sentiment.triangular love and laddus in his film.thats the mistake.another big mistake he didnt have bangra dance("shaba shaba").

coolguys .......just kidding.another thing.......maniratnam didnt succeed becoz dil se,yuva are not upto his calibre.
if he had given bombay or roja it would had been hit.i think so hindi version of roja did well

dinesh2002
8th August 2005, 09:42 AM
was wondering...shankar is on vacation now,and he didint speak about his next venture to any latest interview,how come this "robot on progress" came up huh? i some how feel its not relieable!!

dinesh2002
9th August 2005, 03:40 PM
[tscii:83fa87f78a]From: Sree <sri_8285@...>
Date: Tue Aug 9, 2005 8:28 am
Subject: Shankar's Next ....TOP STAR...with Arjun,Aish

hi all,

just read this news in a malayalam film magazine...it
says
shakar's next movie stars arjun as a cop and aish is
the heroine...its budget is 17 crores and produced by
Oscar Films...expected to go on floors from jan
2006...no info on MD though

any confirmation?

bye,
sree.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/54222

Happy days are here again, Harris

Behindwoods
August 8, 2005

The man is on cloud nine over the impressive success of the music track of Anniyan. This means that he could compose music for Shankar’s next film. He is currently scoring music for Thotti Jaya and a couple of films in Telugu. His next project in Telugu is for a film by Gunasekaran who was the director of Okkadu – the Telugu version of Gilli- with Junior NTR as the hero.
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News26/8-8-05e/tamil-movies-news-harris.html[/tscii:83fa87f78a]

A.ANAND
10th August 2005, 06:33 AM
the happy person harris the md for sanker next movie is sify.com,c.south.com.avangale pesama irukkanga.sify.com la itha neews vantha etho nambalam.b.woods.com namba mudiyathu.anyway harris is next sanker md,we welcome..

dinesh2002
10th August 2005, 03:13 PM
correcta soningo ambi,neeku no problem......

A.ANAND
10th August 2005, 04:01 PM
dinesh,you have video clips of casset release function film ah ahh???

svaisn
11th August 2005, 09:09 AM
the happy person harris the md for sanker next movie is sify.com,c.south.com.avangale pesama irukkanga.sify.com la itha neews vantha etho nambalam.b.woods.com namba mudiyathu.anyway harris is next sanker md,we welcome..

until we have an official announcement
we will not jump to conclusions please...

hope shankar.... joins ARR

dinesh2002
11th August 2005, 05:13 PM
true also what u say! but we just discusing on the probability only.... 8)

dinesh2002
28th July 2007, 07:33 AM
a thread Started 2 years ago has now a life :lol: :lol: :lol:

STARTREK
Jul 28, 2007
It's King Khan for Shankar's Robot
Friday July 27 2007 22:55 IST

CHENNAI: Director Shankar, the emperor of style, has pulled off a spectacular coup.

He has signed up Shah Rukh Khan to play the lead role in Robot, a sci-fi film, and supposed to be Shankar's dream project. Robot is Shankar's second project in Hindi, Nayak being the first.

King Khan was so bowled over by the story that he has stepped in as producer too. And Shankar's magnum opus would be produced by Red Chillies Entertainment.

Shah Rukh, whose Chak de India is set to release soon, is so excited about Shankar's film that he has decided to push all other projects aside, sources close to the actor revealed.

Work on the mega budget film will commence in four months' time, although Shankar is already busy writing notes on every aspect of Robot.

The rest of the star cast is being finalised, and with the badshah of box office in the lead role, there is already stiff competition among other Bollywood frontrunners to go the Robot way.

Much is being read into the fact that Shankar and A R Rahman were in Canada on the eve of Rajnikanth's Sivaji and speculation is rife that the latter may score the music for Shankar's latest celluloid offering.

Shankar when contacted, refused to comment on the movie but confirmed that the film would be on the floors soon with SRK in the lead role.

Robot the making of which was first reported by this website's newspaper, is likely to hit theatres in 2008.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/81985

Movies
28th July 2007, 10:12 AM
Shankar in Hindi?

Shankar better put on his Indian day caps rather than his anniyan cap if this movie is to be successful.

I always considered Shankar a beeter director than Mani and if Shankar is to succeed in hindi, that is something Mani has failed to do after multiple attempts.

A.ANAND
28th July 2007, 11:35 AM
I always considered Shankar a beeter director than Mani and if Shankar is to succeed in hindi, that is something Mani has failed to do after multiple attempts.-MOVIES

i'm maniratnam hardcore fan.but i like shanker film also, itha vera sooli yaamba 'vaithila puliya karakarinnga' :(

dinesh2002
28th July 2007, 11:37 AM
[tscii:1f53d69efc]Shankar to direct King Khan!
By Moviebuzz | Friday, 27 July , 2007, 22:29
It’s official that Shankar is going to direct Shahrukh Khan in a Hindi film. Shankar is going to make his pet project Robot, a science fiction thriller which he was for years planning with Kamal Hassan.

SRK had met Shankar, a few weeks back and firmed up the film which he will produce under his `Red Chilies` banner. SRK’s `Red Chilies` had created history last week when they sold the all world rights of their under production Om Shanti Om for a whopping Rs 72 crore to `Eros International`.

Robot is going to be Shankar’s second film in Hindi after Nayak. The film will also have a Tamil and Telugu version, and will be a big budget extravaganza. The shoot of the film is likely to start early in 2008, star cast and technicians (A.R Rahman, K.V Anand, Sabu Cyril?) will be announced with the official launch of the film to be made by `Red Chilies` in Mumbai.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14500649[/tscii:1f53d69efc]

dinesh2002
28th July 2007, 11:38 AM
[tscii:42ed9ee0b8] Shankar’s official announcement on Robot
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
July 27, 2007
Sivaji is still reigning all over the world with enviable and hitherto unheard figures and has raised the bar for future films. It has set a pioneering standard not only for Tamil films but has also made Rajnikanth and Shankar a household name across the length and breadth of the nation. The film is making inroads in North India shoving aside the much hyped Jhoom Barabar Jhoom which sank without a trace.

There have been rumors about Shankar’s next project which ranged from a film with Ajith to a venture with Hrithik Roshan also. However Shankar has not confirmed any of these news bits till date. But finally an announcement has come from Shankar’s fort.

He is all set for his dream venture, supposedly his tour de force, entitled Robot, a gripping science fiction thriller with none other than the King Khan of Hindi films in the lead role. Shah Rukh who had watched Sivaji was reportedly very impressed with the film and has agreed to not only feature in Shankar’s next project but has also agreed to produce it under his Red Chilies Entertainment. The movie will be the second Hindi film for Shankar whose earlier Nayak, a remake of Tamil blockbuster Mudalvan had made people sit up and take notice of him.

Robot with all its latest techno wizardry will be released in Tamil Telugu and other languages. The crew details are yet to be finalized. This is an official statement from the Shankar camp itself. So viewers, gear up for Robot.
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-04/27-07-07-shankar.html[/tscii:42ed9ee0b8]

dinesh2002
28th July 2007, 07:06 PM
Shankar to direct Shahrukh: confirmed news

There's lot of activity and buzz in Shankar's office now as he starts to get ready for his next grand production.

After the hard work he put in for 'Sivaji,' Shankar went abroad for a holiday and recently returned to Chennai. There was lot of speculation in Kodambakkam of what his next film would be and who the hero would be. There's an answer to that now.

Shankar moves to Bollywood to direct a Hindi film 'Robot' with Shahrukh Khan as hero. After the Hindi re-make of 'Mudhalvan,' this is the 2nd Hindi film that Shankar is directing. This information has been given by Shankar's office.
Sharukhan

The producer of 'Robot' has decided to also release the film in Tamil and Telugu at the same time. 'Robot' is being produced by Red Chillies Entertainment.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/28072007-7.shtml

Movies
28th July 2007, 09:25 PM
Let us take these stroies to be true, what we really care about is the MD.

Shahrukh had a fallout with ARR on his last movie reg the royalty issue. Would Shahrukh re consider ARR? All of Shahrukhs movie with ARR has been flops movie wise, eventhough the soungs were outstanding. Shankar being a superstitious guy will he take in ARR?
Besides is red chillies generous enough to pay ARR?

I hope they dont make a terrible choice with Himesh Resh. Red Chillies do favour Anu malik, which I hope they dont either.

Yathu
28th July 2007, 11:28 PM
I was upset first the Shankars gonna do Robot in hindi, but now im ok with it as hes dubbing it into tamil aswel! THAT MEANS TAMIL SONGS! The songs are the best bits of shankars films anywayz! So its a WIN-WIN situation!

//Dig @ Dinesh

Hello Dinesh, i noticed that ur location says ur from malaysia. I was wondering if u cud help me. :D

I recently heard a song by Yogi B & Natchatra called Madai Thiranthathu. I love this song now, :musicsmile: but cant find it anywhere! No UK shops have it :( .....i was wondering if u knew where i cud download it. ( iv e searched myself, but cant find anytin, n i dnt no how to use torrents! lol)

I'd be very gratedul if u cud send me da link! Tanks mate! :D

thineshan54321
29th July 2007, 03:43 AM
I was upset first the Shankars gonna do Robot in hindi, but now im ok with it as hes dubbing it into tamil aswel! THAT MEANS TAMIL SONGS! The songs are the best bits of shankars films anywayz! So its a WIN-WIN situation!

//Dig @ Dinesh

Hello Dinesh, i noticed that ur location says ur from malaysia. I was wondering if u cud help me. :D

I recently heard a song by Yogi B & Natchatra called Madai Thiranthathu. I love this song now, :musicsmile: but cant find it anywhere! No UK shops have it :( .....i was wondering if u knew where i cud download it. ( iv e searched myself, but cant find anytin, n i dnt no how to use torrents! lol)

I'd be very gratedul if u cud send me da link! Tanks mate! :D

i was also wondering, dont they just remix IR's songs? it sounds really nice but still its remix right? if they composed it. :notworthy: good stuff...

arsaregama
29th July 2007, 10:44 AM
its confirmed.. but the tamil daily dinamani says.. shahrukh and hrithik have been signed..and arrahman is scoring the music...hard to guess who is gonna be the baddie between shahrukh and hrithik...

Ramakrishna
29th July 2007, 12:38 PM
what? :shock: :confused2:

its confirmed.. but the tamil daily dinamani says.. shahrukh and hrithik have been signed..and arrahman is scoring the music...hard to guess who is gonna be the baddie between shahrukh and hrithik...

dinesh2002
29th July 2007, 03:08 PM
what? :shock: :confused2:

:shock: :? me 2 dun get it... both the actors in it???

ThalaNass
30th July 2007, 06:11 AM
I think its Shahrukh only.. Produced by shahrukh himself.. :confused2: this is what i heard.. :)

A.ANAND
30th July 2007, 07:54 AM
innum enna doubt!!!shahrukhan is hero...conferm!!!

nickraman
1st August 2007, 03:42 AM
I always considered Shankar a beeter director than Mani and if Shankar is to succeed in hindi, that is something Mani has failed to do after multiple attempts.

Man Rathnam's had more successful attempts in Hindi than Shankar did.

Mani's Roja and Bombay (dubbed) were blockbusters in the North while Shankar's Humse Hai Muqabala and Jeans flopped. His only hit in hindi was Hindustani (Indian dubbed) but he flopped again with Mudhalvan remake (Nayak).

Mani's a step ahead of him with the latest GURU becoming a super-hit.

Let's hope he regains himself in hindi again.

A.ANAND
1st August 2007, 11:00 AM

Man Rathnam's had more successful attempts in Hindi than Shankar did.

Mani's Roja and Bombay (dubbed) were blockbusters in the North while Shankar's Humse Hai Muqabala and Jeans flopped. His only hit in hindi was Hindustani (Indian dubbed) but he flopped again with Mudhalvan remake (Nayak).

Mani's a step ahead of him with the latest GURU becoming a super-hit.

Let's hope he regains himself in hindi again. :clap: :2thumbsup: :yes: :thumbsup:

Vaz
1st August 2007, 02:57 PM
Shankar is one of the best directors... but somehow in his last few movies he's taking the movie-goers for granted and hence allows himself to have a few very illogical proceedings in his movies...

With Sujatha on-board it was quite depressing to know what 'Sivaji' could have been had they focused a bit more on logic...
But still being a hardcore ARR, RJ and Shankar fan I enjoyed the movie but unfortunatly now, whenever I'm thinking about the movie, those "blunder moments" keep on coming...

Anyway Robo being a scifi film, and Sujatha having said that it is a very good script with a story not even done in Hollywood.... Hope Shankar doesn't forget logic this time... even if the genre could allow some...

We can expect Robo for 2009... supposing that they start the shooting by this years end... That's gonna be a long wait!

nickraman
1st August 2007, 11:27 PM
If Shankar gets Sujatha for co-writer and Vijay Krishna Acharya for dialogues [not sure if Sujatha knows hindi but has assisted P.Vasu's hindi flicks though] I can gurantee you, he'll strike gold with Robot.

Plus, Khan needs a hit badly after the superhit Don remake. His "Chak De India" is predicted to be a disaster as per Yash Chopra's bad luck of 2007. [They predicted Tara rumpum to be a flop, Jhoom barbar jhoom to flop as well].

nickraman
1st August 2007, 11:30 PM
With Sujatha on-board it was quite depressing to know what 'Sivaji' could have been had they focused a bit more on logic...

We can expect Robo for 2009... supposing that they start the shooting by this years end... That's gonna be a long wait!

Agreed. He's a good director. He just needs to write his script more dilligently and not cross-reference with his past works. Personally, I liked what he did with Boys because that's so true to life. Probably one of his best work. I didn't see any double-meaning dialogue, it was subtle but not sexually intended. Vivek totally stole the show with that movie.

Something tells me that Robot will be inspired by I,Robot staring Will Smith.

thineshan54321
2nd August 2007, 07:11 AM

Agreed. He's a good director. He just needs to write his script more dilligently and not cross-reference with his past works. Personally, I liked what he did with Boys because that's so true to life. Probably one of his best work. I didn't see any double-meaning dialogue, it was subtle but not sexually intended. Vivek totally stole the show with that movie.

Something tells me that Robot will be inspired by I,Robot staring Will Smith.

hey when was irobot released? i am pretty sure its relatively recent. shankar tossed the name robot way before anniyan.

nickraman
2nd August 2007, 08:31 AM
I think it released in 2005.

I just assumed since the film is a sci-fi thriller and that's the most recent film that took place in the distant future ruled by robots.

littlemaster1982
2nd August 2007, 09:23 PM
I Robot was released in 2004. But Shankar was talking about Robot much before. Robot is just a timepass movie.

I dont think Shankar's Robot will be inspired that film. That said, I Robot is based on Sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov's novel. And Sujatha's fav writer (Sci-fi) is Isaac Asimov 8-).

thineshan54321
3rd August 2007, 06:21 AM
I Robot was released in 2004. But Shankar was talking about Robot much before. Robot is just a timepass movie.

I dont think Shankar's Robot will be inspired that film. That said, I Robot is based on Sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov's novel. And Sujatha's fav writer (Sci-fi) is Isaac Asimov 8-).

i think we will be able to find traces of iRobot in shankar's robot because i remember shankar said sujatha wrote the script for that. I read that somewhere, sujatha wrote the story or script, forget.

dinesh2002
9th August 2007, 04:58 PM
[tscii:2938eadd9b]Shankar’s Robo from September
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, August 09, 2007]

The Shahrukh Khan and Shankar combo are expected to begin work for Robo from September.

Shahrukh Khan acclaimed as 'Badshah of Box Office in Bollywood' said, “I was approached by Shankar to do the Hindi remake of his blockbuster Mudhalvan a few years ago. Unfortunately I could not work in the project then. Now, after several years we both are coming together for Robo. It is a different story and I liked it very much”.

Shahrukh's next Chakde India is releasing this August. Itfeatures him in the role of a hockey coach.

Meanwhile Shankar had left to Hyderabad to complete the script for Robo. It is expected to be over by this month-end and the shooting would commence from September. Shahrukh Khan himself would produce the movie.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/32897.html[/tscii:2938eadd9b]

sachein
10th August 2007, 01:48 AM
His "Chak De India" is predicted to be a disaster as per Yash Chopra's bad luck of 2007. [They predicted Tara rumpum to be a flop, Jhoom barbar jhoom to flop as well].

avanavan kodi kanakula kaasu potu padam edukuraan.. neenga vanthu bad luck athu ithunu sollitu irukeenga.

padam vanthathuku aprom paathutu illati paathavanga kitta irrundhu ketutu chollungo.. thappu kidaiyaathu..

predictions are always interpreted..

coming back to ROBOT.. some say it is based on EN Iniya eeyandra.. a serial which came many years back.
Though i liked to watch it when i was a kid. it was scary at that time :lol:

Since it is based on audience throughout the world.. padam pichikinnu pogum..

wonder what the title would be in Tamil. "Eeyandraa ":roll:

dont know what kinda song will be apt for these kinda movies..
no romantic or introduction songs.. will be like movie spoof if present..

something like fast track for stunts and BGM will be apt 8-) 8-)

Guess_Me
10th August 2007, 02:07 AM
coming back to ROBOT.. some say it is based on EN Iniya eeyandra.. a serial which came many years back.

What was the story like?

sachein
10th August 2007, 02:16 AM
Tamil writer Sujatha wrote a science fiction novel in two parts called En Iniya Iyandhira, based on THX-1138

it was more like ET.. but a robot comes and lands infront of a girls house.. girl befriends the robot.. girls parents try to save the robot and also avert the war .. something like that.. climax la robot irrukira edathuku povaanga ellarum

all i remember is a girl ,her dog and a robot will walk into a tunnel painted in spiral circles.. in robot voice.. "en iniya iyandhra"

but nalla dighillaana BGM... :shaking:

selvakumar
10th August 2007, 08:37 AM
Tamil writer Sujatha wrote a science fiction novel in two parts called En Iniya Iyandhira, based on THX-1138

it was more like ET.. but a robot comes and lands infront of a girls house.. girl befriends the robot.. girls parents try to save the robot and also avert the war .. something like that.. climax la robot irrukira edathuku povaanga ellarum

all i remember is a girl ,her dog and a robot will walk into a tunnel painted in spiral circles.. in robot voice.. "en iniya iyandhra"

I didn't know this before. PERFECT FOR SRK then !! Good character role for SRK then (A Dog !! :shock: ) :lol:

thineshan54321
10th August 2007, 08:45 AM

I didn't know this before. PERFECT FOR SRK then !! Good character role for SRK then (A Dog !! :shock: ) :lol:

:lol: :lol: maybe he is just dubbing for the robot voice, "en iniya hindi makale" in barathiraja style :lol:

rsubras
10th August 2007, 11:22 AM
didnt rahman score the music for en iniya iyanthira t.v serial?

thumburu
10th August 2007, 02:12 PM
"En Iniya Iyantra" music was scored by Thayanban

littlemaster1982
10th August 2007, 10:14 PM

What was the story like?

'En Iniya Iyandira' is a story of a futuristic robo (in the form of dog) which helps a girl to save her husband from the rulers and cause a revolution against them. A very good one indeed.

sachein
11th August 2007, 12:39 AM
His "Chak De India" is predicted to be a disaster as per Yash Chopra's bad luck of 2007. [They predicted Tara rumpum to be a flop, Jhoom barbar jhoom to flop as well].

chak de india is turning out to be a very very gud movie and also a BIG HIT 8-)

july
11th August 2007, 09:39 PM

Yeah ! Surprisingly ! 8-)

july
11th August 2007, 09:41 PM
My expected team in Robo > Kamal, Shankar, A.R Rahman < but .........

thineshan54321
11th August 2007, 10:17 PM
My expected team in Robo > Kamal, Shankar, A.R Rahman < but .........

that would have been crazy as we can see shankar's and ARR's next in tamil, but now it has to be dubbed. :cry:

thineshan54321
11th August 2007, 10:22 PM
[tscii:aff14817a7]Will Robot have A.R.Rahman?
August 11, 2007

Shankar has always trusted Rahman in the music department and their combination has always managed to weave a magical spell on the listeners. Of course, Shankar did opt for Harris Jeyaraj for Anniyan, but yet the duo bounced back with the blockbuster Sivaji. Now Shankar is ready to take his second Hindi movie with the King Khan, tentatively titled Robot.

A.R.Rahman recently opted out of Shahrukh Khan’s production “Om Shanthi Om” due to misunderstanding. Rahman's demand for a share in the royalty for a song did not go well with Shahrukh which explained the reason for the former’s withdrawal from the project.

Now that Robot is finalized and Shahrukh Khan will also be producing the film it has to be seen whether A.R.Rahman is still considered for the movie, Even though the maestro has denied any grudges against Shahrukh khan, let us wait for the news. [/tscii:aff14817a7]

july
11th August 2007, 10:29 PM
[tscii:26f624fb0b]Will Robot have A.R.Rahman?
August 11, 2007

Shankar has always trusted Rahman in the music department and their combination has always managed to weave a magical spell on the listeners. Of course, Shankar did opt for Harris Jeyaraj for Anniyan, but yet the duo bounced back with the blockbuster Sivaji. Now Shankar is ready to take his second Hindi movie with the King Khan, tentatively titled Robot.

A.R.Rahman recently opted out of Shahrukh Khan’s production “Om Shanthi Om” due to misunderstanding. Rahman's demand for a share in the royalty for a song did not go well with Shahrukh which explained the reason for the former’s withdrawal from the project.

Now that Robot is finalized and Shahrukh Khan will also be producing the film it has to be seen whether A.R.Rahman is still considered for the movie, Even though the maestro has denied any grudges against Shahrukh khan, let us wait for the news. [/tscii:26f624fb0b]

Hmm..another disappointed news, if no Arr then S-E-L will be there in Robo, SRK share good rapport with SEL. :roll:

muzammil_fr
12th August 2007, 01:21 AM
[tscii:011aa0e799]Behindwoods
don't beleive them guys, it's absoulitly wrong info
"A.R.Rahman recently opted out of Shahrukh Khan’s production “Om Shanthi Om” due to misunderstanding. Rahman's demand for a share in the royalty for a song did not go well with Shahrukh which explained the reason for the former’s withdrawal from the project. "

This one news is false, actuelly ARR out from the projects because they don't give own rights for MDS, thats why ARR opted out.
and they don't need mention about HJ on this news, stupid Behindwoods starting thier job like Sify.com

[/tscii:011aa0e799]

thineshan54321
14th August 2007, 08:07 PM
[tscii:c6003f7a66] Is Shankar Robot jinxed?

August 14, 2007

Director Shankar after the stupendous success of Sivaji was in news recently when he announced his next venture, his dream project Robot with Shahrukh Khan. It was reported that the project would be funded by the actor himself but the work was said to commence after his Om Shanthi Om, directed by Farah khan.

But now Shahrukh is said to have asked Shankar to wait for a while as he intends to finish another movie before starting Robot and the film will be directed by Shirish Kunder who happens to be the husband of Farah Khan. This film is also being produced by Shahrukh’s own production house Red Chillies Entertainment. Now Shankar can start the work on Robot only next year.

Shankar had earlier faced a similar outcome when he first set off to make Robot with Kamal Haasan. Now will Shankar wait till next year? Or will he commence another film? It is a wait game and a game we would love to know the result.

I wish Shankar starts the movie with Kamal in tamil.
[/tscii:c6003f7a66]

thineshan54321
19th August 2007, 08:22 PM
Age-old problem?

Shah Rukh Khan wants to work with younger, fresher actresses now. And no, he's
not looking at Aishwarya Rai playing the lead role opposite him in Robot as the
script demands a younger actress

Mumbai Mirror Bureau

Shah Rukh Khan
At 42, we've heard that Shah Rukh Khan is all set to get younger. He wants to
work with younger, fresher actresses now, rather than the top stars he has been
working with earlier.

This is showing in the casting of many of his latest films like Om Shanti Om
(Deepika Padukone), Chak De (a gang of young girls), etc. In Shankar's Robot
too, his heroine is not going to be Aishwarya Rai, as reported.

A source says, "It is certainly not going to be Aishwarya Rai as reported in the
media. Shah Rukh is looking for an actress who can do a lot of action as the
script demands it. The film's actress will definitely somebody younger and more
energetic to suit the role."

Shah Rukh Khan's Robot is ready to roll even before the release of his film Om
Shanti Om. To be produced by Shah Rukh's production house Red Chillies
Entertainment, the preproduction of the film has already begun.

SRK has already hired the best technicians for his film. The film will be
directed by Indian cinema's highest paid director, Shankar. AR Rahman will
compose Robot's music while Saboo Cyril is the film's Art Director.

Robot is also speculated to be one of the costliest films to be made in Indian
cinema. So excited is SRK about the project that he has put all his other
projects on hold. He will start shooting for the film after Om Shanti Om
releases.
The film will also boast of never-seen-before special effects in Indian Cinema
as Shah Rukh now has the best in-house special effects team.

"SRK has the best special effects team in the country and Robot is going to be a
sci-fi film. The team will make sure that the film's special effects are world
class and better than what one saw in Krrish and Dhoom 2," says an industry
source.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=20\
0708192007081904130264092668a2f

sachein
20th August 2007, 10:45 AM
Age-old problem?

apidi paatha shahrukh khaan-aiye thookanum :lol:

dinesh2002
20th August 2007, 11:11 AM
Age-old problem?

apidi paatha shahrukh khaan-aiye thookanum :lol:

:lol: good point!! :lol:

july
21st August 2007, 10:26 PM
This project still on or wht ?
some site say its jinx...
hmm..

A.ANAND
22nd August 2007, 03:59 PM
ஷங்கரின் அடுத்த படத்தின் பட்ஜெட் 120 கோடி!?

வெள்ளி, 17 ஆகஸ்ட் 2007( 16:49 IST )
Webdunia

ஷங்கர் அடுத்து இந்தியில் படம் இயக்கப்போகிறார் என்று ஏற்கனவே சொல்லியிருந்தோம்..எல்லாம் உறுதிசெய்யப்பட்டுவிட்டது.

யெஸ்..ஹீரோவாக ஷாருக்கான் நடிக்கிறார். ரோபோ படத்தின் அவுட்லைன் சொல்லிவிட்டார் ஷங்கர். ஏற்கனவே கமல்,அஜித் என்று நினைத்து பண்ணப்பட்ட கதை. இப்போது ஷாருக்கானுக்காக சில மாற்றங்களை செய்திருக்கிறார்.

கேமெராமேனாக மீண்டும் கே.வி.ஆனந்த் பண்ணுகிறார். இசை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்.120 கோடி பட்ஜெட்டில் ஷாருக்கான் இந்தப்படத்தை சொந்தமாக தயாரிக்கிறார்.

nickraman
29th August 2007, 02:55 AM

I know. I saw it in Bombay.

The joshikarans should eat their words! :lol:
=========
Regarding Robot, seems like it'll be delayed due to Khan's commitments with Raju Hirani [Munnabhai director].

nickraman
29th August 2007, 02:58 AM
Age-old problem?

Shah Rukh Khan wants to work with younger, fresher actresses now. And no, he's
not looking at Aishwarya Rai playing the lead role opposite him in Robot as the
script demands a younger actress

Mumbai Mirror Bureau

Shah Rukh Khan
At 42, we've heard that Shah Rukh Khan is all set to get younger. He wants to
work with younger, fresher actresses now, rather than the top stars he has been
working with earlier.

This is showing in the casting of many of his latest films like Om Shanti Om
(Deepika Padukone), Chak De (a gang of young girls), etc. In Shankar's Robot
too, his heroine is not going to be Aishwarya Rai, as reported.

A source says, "It is certainly not going to be Aishwarya Rai as reported in the
media. Shah Rukh is looking for an actress who can do a lot of action as the
script demands it. The film's actress will definitely somebody younger and more
energetic to suit the role."

Shah Rukh Khan's Robot is ready to roll even before the release of his film Om
Shanti Om. To be produced by Shah Rukh's production house Red Chillies
Entertainment, the preproduction of the film has already begun.

SRK has already hired the best technicians for his film. The film will be
directed by Indian cinema's highest paid director, Shankar. AR Rahman will
compose Robot's music while Saboo Cyril is the film's Art Director.

Robot is also speculated to be one of the costliest films to be made in Indian
cinema. So excited is SRK about the project that he has put all his other
projects on hold. He will start shooting for the film after Om Shanti Om
releases.
The film will also boast of never-seen-before special effects in Indian Cinema
as Shah Rukh now has the best in-house special effects team.

"SRK has the best special effects team in the country and Robot is going to be a
sci-fi film. The team will make sure that the film's special effects are world
class and better than what one saw in Krrish and Dhoom 2," says an industry
source.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=20\
0708192007081904130264092668a2f

Looking at that post narrows it down to 2009 release definetley.

Ramakrishna
24th October 2007, 09:40 PM
SRK, Shankar shelve Robot

I am jobless' Now that Shah Rukh Khan is not doing Shanker's Robot, he says that he's jobless. In characteristic good humour, he adds, "I hope to find work" Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, October 24, 2007 Kunal M Shah Shah Rukh Khan and South director Shanker are no longer working together. This means that Shah Rukh will no longer be part of the much-publicised and much-awaited film, Robot. Touted to be a slick, stylised film, Robot had generated a lot of attention from viewers and industrywallahs alike. The film is supposed to go on the floors early next year. Shanker has earlier made only one Hindi film, Nayak with Anil Kapoor and Robot was supposed to go on the floors by early next year. Shah Rukh Khan Our sources reveal that owing to creative differences, SRK and Shankar have decided to not work together, and needless to say, it's in the best interest of the film. Shah Rukh says, "Yes, we have called it off. We were not happy with few things, among them being the fact that his take on the film was completely different from mine. We had worked very hard on the film in the last four months and it is sad that we had to call it off. There were certain issues and both Shanker and I decided that we won't make it. It was amicably done and there is no bad blood." What next for SRK? "I had taken seven months off for Robot but now I am jobless. Even Rajkumar Hirani's film is not happening. Don 2 will on the floors in 2008 end and so I am pretty jobless for the time being. However, I am sure that I will manage to get some work." What about rumours about him doing Dhoom 3? "I am not doing Dhoom 3. I don't know why people keep on saying that I am doing it. As for Don 2, it will start in 2008 end as Farhan is currently producing 3-4 films and it's their baby, they are the producers, not me." As for Om Shanti Om (OSO), he says, "I think today films should be made with a little more logic. That's when we decided to make a film about the '70s. That way we could have our dose of songs and dance. You will see lot of dialogue like `Mujhe Bhagwaan ke liye chod do', etc. We also have the dialogue like, `Beta maine tere liye kheer banai hai'."

Mahen
25th October 2007, 10:12 AM
Salute shankar..Thank god he didnt bow to sharukh khan..

nickraman
26th October 2007, 04:58 AM
Given that he "busted a 6-pack" to promote Om Shanti Om for weeks and weeks, it's fine that they called it quits. However, Shankar wouldn't give up that easily so I'm sure he'll get approach Hrithik again (a la Mani Ratnam "Yuva" style) and it's more than likely that he'll say yes.

If the project's going to cost more than what Sivaji ended up then he has to Bollywood-ize it. No Tamil film producer would shed that much for a film, given his reputation down south. It's too risky. Look at Krrish. The spellbinding amount of crores it took to wire fight Roshan jr and the effects in the climax easily show that Bollywood producers are willing to finance to the skies. If Shankar's smart, he's got 2 options: A) Approach another hindi producer, or approach a bilingual [so that fans can stop whining about Shankar's pact up north] or B) Drop the project as a whole. As Behindthewoods quotes, "The ball is in Shankar's court."

Robot, the jynx continues.

Dragun
26th October 2007, 09:10 AM
Now that Eros has purchased Ayngaran, maybe Eros/Ayngaran can produce it?

nickraman
27th October 2007, 10:03 PM
[tscii:a29f5b76b1]Ha Ha! Shah Rukh gave Shankar a kick in the ass with this one:

Shankar- SRK fizzle out!
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 27 October , 2007, 10:52
It’s official. The much talked about Shankar directing Shah Rukh Khan in Robot produced by the actors Red Chillies productions has turned out to be a non-starter.

The bone of contention is the script of the film. Shankar had given only a one-line script of the film, and SRK found too many loopholes in it and is said to have remarked that it is “half baked”. Shankar is said to have remarked- “a star of Rajnikanth’s stature, had worked with me without interfering in the script!”

Suddenly, both realized that their working style do not match, and has agreed to shake hands, and call of the project. The basic problem with SRK and Shankar was that they are as different as chalk and cheese.

The SRK kind of Hindi commercial cinema, is script driven and there is always something new in it (Chak De), for the multiplex and overseas audiences who form the bulk of the viewers. The Shankar kind of commercial entertainment has its roots in the 70 & 80’s crass fantasy pills of an ordinary good guy turning into a vigilante and fighting the system and the hero’s larger-than-life image is used to make the film work.

The current crop of Bollywood heroes in private make fun of southern heroes and their outlandish dressing and wigs. Ask Anil Kapoor, who will regale you with many Shankar jokes, during the making of Nayak (Mudhalvan, Hindi version), which he says was a frame to frame remake of the original, and it bombed big time!

In hindsight SRK, backed out and plumped for good friend Karan Johar and his new film My name is Khan, a film on how westerners view with suspicion anybody with a Muslim surname, after the 9/11 attacks in US. In a television interview, Shah Rukh said, he is “kicked about Karan’s film, especially after my personal experiences as a Muslim traveler abroad”. In private SRK is said to have said that Robot is nothing but a futuristic vigilante tale!

Irony is that Shankar's protege think outside the fantasy world yet their "mentor" refuses to come out of it. Maybe he should stick to more "Boys" like films instead of the tried-tested corruption episode.

So another death to the coffin confirmed to Robot.[/tscii:a29f5b76b1]

Ramakrishna
27th October 2007, 10:43 PM
that Robot is nothing but a futuristic vigilante tale!

:banghead:

Dragun
27th October 2007, 11:36 PM
Maybe this robot fights black money and bribery as CM for a day.

buddysathi
28th October 2007, 09:39 AM
What a stupid decision by SRK to miss out a Shankar movie??
This guy didnt realise that ARR fans were waiting for this to happen atleast for the songs and not for his stammering antics!

Nyways Shankar great escape, otherwise SRK wud have dictated this movie and made it worse!

Hope Shankar revives this with Vikram/Surya and aapufy bollywood and then they wag their tails for hindi rights!

Yathu
28th October 2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah I think Surya would be great in the role!

(or maybe Vijay, he's mister commercial and its about time Vijay and Shankar came together!) I've put this in brackets as theres a lot of people out there who are strong believers that Vijay can't act! :lol:

dinesh2002
29th October 2007, 01:18 AM
its so sad this movie isnt forming up ever since the day Shankar had it in his mind. y go to bollywood when we have good actors down here in south... if he ever want to take a bollywood actor, i think Hrithik would be a fine choice too.... he is a good actor with great acting skills & a humble man... unlike this " im-too-great" SRK... :roll: used to like him during DDLJ & KKHH days.....

but i feel Shankar SHOULD take this film in TAMIL!! :twisted: Vijay, Ajith, Vikram, Surya.... anyone would be made perfect in a Shankar's film... hey... Prabhu Deva was great in KADHALAN, Prasanth was awesome in JEANS !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mahen
29th October 2007, 10:25 AM
The problem is the budget dinesh..It may exceed 100crores and no producers in tamil can afford that..hence, shankar needs to do it in hindi bcos he needs a global market..

july
29th October 2007, 11:59 AM
Thank god..this movie got shelved..
hate dubbed movie..that too from shankar..
hope he back in tamil ...

always
29th October 2007, 12:01 PM
its so sad this movie isnt forming up ever since the day Shankar had it in his mind. y go to bollywood when we have good actors down here in south... if he ever want to take a bollywood actor, i think Hrithik would be a fine choice too.... he is a good actor with great acting skills & a humble man... unlike this " im-too-great" SRK... :roll: used to like him during DDLJ & KKHH days.....

but i feel Shankar SHOULD take this film in TAMIL!! :twisted: Vijay, Ajith, Vikram, Surya.... anyone would be made perfect in a Shankar's film... hey... Prabhu Deva was great in KADHALAN, Prasanth was awesome in JEANS !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

you forgot madhavan :twisted:

selvakumar
5th December 2007, 07:19 PM
Shankar Returns to Ajith for Robot 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/ajith-fans-eyakkam/Dec07/Dec5MM.jpg

Ajith had confirmed that he met shankar and confident that this time it wont be a miss and will be a hit

P.S: dinesh, glad that u didnt add any STAR's name for this thread :lol: :lol: that is an advantage for sure.. we can add the name once it gets confirmed :)

If everything goes well, then we can have ARR + Ajith combo for KSR movie and ROBO :D :D

selvakumar
5th December 2007, 07:30 PM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1220540#1220540

Ajit Is Shankar's ROBO :: A.Vikatan Exclusive Scan
page:1
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/ajith-fans-eyakkam/Nov07/Nov29AV1.jpg

page:2
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/ajith-fans-eyakkam/Nov07/Nov29AV2.jpg

page:3
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/ajith-fans-eyakkam/Nov07/Nov29AV3.jpg

page:4
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/ajith-fans-eyakkam/Nov07/Nov29AV4.jpg

page:5
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/ajith-fans-eyakkam/Nov07/Nov29AV5.jpg

Is it true atleast this time? :(

dinesh2002
5th December 2007, 07:51 PM
[size=24]

P.S: dinesh, glad that u didnt add any STAR's name for this thread :lol: :lol: that is an advantage for sure.. we can add the name once it gets confirmed :)

hahahaha..... :lol: so true... look at the amount of stars changes it went tru... and the YEARS it took.... :P

MADDY
6th December 2007, 11:08 AM
Shankar Returns to Ajith for Robot 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/ajith-fans-eyakkam/Dec07/Dec5MM.jpg

Ajith had confirmed that he met shankar and confident that this time it wont be a miss and will be a hit

If everything goes well, then we can have ARR + Ajith combo for KSR movie and ROBO :D :D

great news selva......Robo will do more good to ajith than bad :D

A.ANAND
6th December 2007, 01:36 PM
[tscii:c9c8b468ce]Ajith and Shankar come together
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 06, 2007]

Finally, the twosome has come together. After a lot of on-off parleys with various stars, Shankar has finally decided to go with Ajith. The handsome hero will be the hero of his dream project' Robot', which is a science fiction flick.

First it was said that Kamal Haasan would do it. But it did not take off. Then, after Sivaji, the official announcement came that Shah Rukh Khan was willing to do the role and produce it as well. However, we heard the news that King Khan had finally refused to do the film. Now, it has been confirmed that Ajith has accepted to don the role.

Despite being the leading stars, Ajith and Vijay haven’t done any film with ace director Shankar, who has proved his mettle as a leading director with guaranteed success, handling big stars and big budget. Hence, acting in his film is a dream of many heroes.

Ajith, who is fresh and confident after the 'Billa' experiment, is raring to go. The actor, who hasn’t had good run at the box office for sometime now, is confident that 'Billa' would change everything.

It is believed that Ajith will come to Shankar’s film after finishing his next directed by dancer turned director Raju Sundaram.

The coming together of the Ajith, who has a good opening despite his failures, and Shankar, a proven victor, could prove to be a deadly combination.

[/tscii:c9c8b468ce]

Ramakrishna
6th December 2007, 06:10 PM
appo confirmed-aa :D

selvakumar
6th December 2007, 06:18 PM
yes :cry: but I think producer hunt is going on :lol2: just kidding :wink:
Let us wait for the official announcement :)

Ramakrishna
6th December 2007, 06:44 PM

atha pathiyellaam enna kavalai, nammaalu Music pottaa pothum :wink:

thineshan54321
6th December 2007, 07:34 PM

exactly

dinesh2002
6th December 2007, 08:52 PM
seriously i was hoping for some powerful actor to act in Robo, after the news that Kamal & Shah Rukh Khan to do it......Ajith'the sonnonne chappene pooche... :P taught Shankar could have done this movie with Hrithik and make this movie a tamil 1.... then this film is def something to look forward double eagerly....

Ramakrishna
6th December 2007, 09:48 PM
seriously i was hoping for some powerful actor to act in Robo, after the news that Kamal & Shah Rukh Khan to do it......Ajith'the sonnonne chappene pooche... :P taught Shankar could have done this movie with Hrithik and make this movie a tamil 1.... then this film is def something to look forward double eagerly....

Hrithik and tamil ku enna sambantham :confused2:

Kamal, rajini ku appuram vera yaaru paa irukku tamil-la Vijay and Ajith thavira. So if u want a big star to act in it, then Ajith is the one after Rajini and Kamal. SO epdi chappunu pogum

Dragun
6th December 2007, 11:57 PM
I hope its not another anti-corruption movie or a remake of I, Robot.

muzammil_fr
7th December 2007, 12:22 AM
I think, Surya Is good choise.

dinesh2002
7th December 2007, 06:29 AM

Kamal, rajini ku appuram vera yaaru paa irukku tamil-la Vijay and Ajith thavira. So if u want a big star to act in it, then Ajith is the one after Rajini and Kamal. SO epdi chappunu pogum

yea.... thats what i want, something unexpected .... Hrithik in tamil... or atleast some else who is capable from other industry......something makes the movie extraodinaire and MORE to look foward....

yea sure, Kamal & Rajini is the biggest thing in tamil, and after them is Vijay & Ajith.... but def if it has a whole new diff cast, like a big hindi star in Robot,but a tamil film, wouldnt that be a fest compared to having Ajith or Vijay in Robot ? i dunno bout u, but i feel there is more excitement if there is some 'rare' cast in Robot....

dinesh2002
7th December 2007, 06:33 AM
I hope its not another anti-corruption movie or a remake of I, Robot.

few years back Sujatha the writer told I, Robot had a simular story to his Robo story which was written in the late 90s... and he was extremely shocked..... if im not mistaken, this news came around 2004, when I, Robot got released.....

Dragun
7th December 2007, 11:24 AM
Dinesh, if what Sujatha said is true, then he must not be aware of Isaac Asimov's works. I, Robot was published in book form in 1950, while the stories contained within were published between 1940 and 1950.

A.ANAND
7th December 2007, 02:24 PM
[tscii:5b873eae7e]Ajith + Shankar = Super Combo
December 6, 2007, 4:27:49 PM

As Sivaji celebrates its 175th day in theatres, Shankar seems to have at long last finalized the star for his next project.

Shankar, known for his megabudget blockbusters, has been yearning to get going with his next movie, Robot. Initially, the lead for the movie was supposed to be Kamal Haasan. But then we heard that Shah Rukh was supposed star in the movie as well as produce it. But a few weeks ago, we heard that King Khan backed out of the project entirely. So just as we wondered if Robot will ever find a hero, we have news that the Ultimate Star has okayed the project.

Ajith, who is absolutely confident about Billa 2007, has promised his fans that henceforth he will make sure every movie he gives is an ace entertainer that will rock the box office. Starting early next year is his next venture which is to be directed by dancer-turned-actor Raju Sundaram. And following that, he will star in Shankar’s Robot, which is bound to be a big movie, given the sci-fi side to the plot.

Shankar has always dazzled us with his movies and they have always fared well at the box office. His teaming up with the Billa of today can only mean one thing – Success!

galatta.com
[/tscii:5b873eae7e]

ArulprakasH
7th December 2007, 06:37 PM
yea.... thats what i want, something unexpected .... Hrithik in tamil... or atleast some else who is capable from other industry......something makes the movie extraodinaire and MORE to look foward....

yea sure, Kamal & Rajini is the biggest thing in tamil, and after them is Vijay & Ajith.... but def if it has a whole new diff cast, like a big hindi star in Robot,but a tamil film, wouldnt that be a fest compared to having Ajith or Vijay in Robot ? i dunno bout u, but i feel there is more excitement if there is some 'rare' cast in Robot....

Rare Cast mattum thaan venuma illa musiclayum ethavathu rare ah venuma, like S A Rajkumar with Shankar, patti thotti ellam pattaya kelappum... :lol2:

Hrithik+Shankar +SARajkumar :rotfl: jk ;)

selvakumar
7th December 2007, 06:44 PM

exactly
Ramakrishana and thineshan,
Producer illena, album enna ethuvumae varaathu :lol:

Ramakrishna
7th December 2007, 08:41 PM

exactly

Producer venaamnu naan sollala, Producer yaara iruntha namakenna ((bondi aaga porathu avan thaane :lol: jk) nammaalu music kandippaa pottu nallabadiyaa veliya vanthaa pothum :wink:

Ramakrishna
7th December 2007, 08:42 PM

Dineshu,
ithellaam nadakkura kaaryamaa :lol2:

thineshan54321
8th December 2007, 01:36 AM

exactly

the point is, it doesnt matter who the producer is... i/we didnt say we didnt need producer... cheers

thineshan54321
8th December 2007, 01:38 AM

Dineshu,

even if we dont have hrithik in tamil, i was actually hoping for surya to do this one. i think what dinesh was trying to say was we need someone who is not so familiar in tamil so it looks different, robotic. but ill be happy if surya (reason: no requirement to have mass oriented songs, surya fits in class and mass - SOK) does this one, but ajith too is a very fine choice. whatever all i am waiting for is the album :lol:

dinesh2002
8th December 2007, 07:39 AM

Dineshu,

Rama, ellam oru chinna perasaithaan.... hehe :lol: :lol:

yes Thinesh, thats exactly what i wanted, a unfamiliar person playing the role, thus it will create atleast some diff hype... not the hype that Ajith fans creat.... u know what i mean, aah...but alas.... lets not talk about it... should appriciate that ROBO is finally getting its way to the screens.....

Go Shankar.... Go Rahman !!!! :D.....

thineshan54321
8th December 2007, 10:57 AM

Dineshu,

yes Thinesh, thats exactly what i wanted, a unfamiliar person playing the role, thus it will create atleast some diff hype... not the hype that Ajith fans creat.... u know what i mean, aah...but alas.... lets not talk about it... should appriciate that ROBO is finally getting its way to the screens.....

i know this might be stupid, but lets make sure its rahman first. remember what happened to anniyan?? we dont wanto be dissapointed like that. so its 99% sure but still things might turn around. so lets wait till the announcement.

A.ANAND
8th December 2007, 01:05 PM
pesama naanum,thinesanum hero-va nadikkirom robo-la sariya??dual roll :lol: enna sollarinngappa??

thineshan54321
8th December 2007, 08:00 PM
pesama naanum,thinesanum hero-va nadikkirom robo-la sariya??dual roll :lol: enna sollarinngappa??

haha, unusual and very different. hey i can do the robot walk and the moon walk too, so i can be a robot from the moon and anand u can be a robot from the sun, itll be indran vs chandran :lol: :lol:

Ramakrishna
8th December 2007, 08:20 PM
:oops: ellaarum yean oru maargamaa paesareenga :roll:

thineshan54321
8th December 2007, 08:41 PM

summa oru entertainment thaan :)

Ramakrishna
8th December 2007, 11:10 PM

athaavathu confirm-ey aagaathu oru padathukku thread open pannittu Mods kku theriyaama inga vanthu mokka podromaa :lol2: Besh Besh rombo nannaa irukku

thineshan54321
9th December 2007, 01:49 AM

athaavathu confirm-ey aagaathu oru padathukku thread open pannittu Mods kku theriyaama inga vanthu mokka podromaa :lol2: Besh Besh rombo nannaa irukku

:lol: , its confirmed that ajith is doing it with shankar (as per his interview), whats not confirmed is if its ARR but obviously its gonna be him, since it takes Shankar 2 yrs to do the film, there will be ample time for arr to produce the tunes in that period of time.

dinesh2002
9th December 2007, 07:26 PM
i wonder y didint Shankar take Vijay..... when will this happen??? :)

thilak4life
9th December 2007, 07:42 PM
Rahman should stop working with a crass like Shankar! He deserves a better talent..(speaking of which, Shankar with Vijay would be the worst yet)

Awaiting JA audio release. It's going to be really something...

arsaregama
9th December 2007, 07:57 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1301/kajd9.jpg

it says music by ar

is this true??

arsaregama
9th December 2007, 08:05 PM
r is it some creative bull copied from x men ... >>>

dinesh2002
9th December 2007, 08:10 PM
[tscii:74414234f9]Giants Joins Hands
Kollywoodtoday [ December 6, 2007 ]
Tamil-> News

Giants Joins Hands

After a grouping of on-off parleys with various stars, Shankar has finally decided to go with Ajith. The handsome hero will be the hero of his dream project ‘Robot’, which is a science fiction flick.

First it was said that Kamal Haasan would do it. But it did not take off. Then, after Sivaji, the official announcement came that Shah Rukh Khan was willing to do the role and produce it as well. However, we heard the news that King Khan had finally refused to do the film. Now, it has been confirmed that Ajith has accepted to do the role. Despite being the leading stars, Ajith and Vijay haven’t done any film with ace director Shankar, who has proved his mettle as a leading director with guaranteed success, handling big stars and big budget. Hence,
acting in his film is a dream of many heroes.

Ajith, who is fresh and confident after the ‘Billa’ experiment, is raring to go. The actor, who hasn’t had good run at the box office for some time now, is confident that ‘Billa’ would change everything. It is believed that Ajith will come to Shankar’s film after finishing his next directed by dancer turned director Raju Sundaram. The coming together of the Ajith, who has a good opening despite his failures, and Shankar, a proven victor, could prove to be a deadly combination.

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/giants-joins-hands/[/tscii:74414234f9]

rayan36
9th December 2007, 08:29 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1301/kajd9.jpg

it says music by ar

is this true??

it's a spoof from x-men alright, the pic is going around for some time now, one of my friend put it as a background for his pc :wink:

selvakumar
10th December 2007, 12:19 PM

I think shankar himself can play the role and we will be rescued at least :D
That will be a truly unfamiliar cast :D There will different hype :D

MADDY
10th December 2007, 12:28 PM

heheh - good imgination........shankar knows, if he comes in front of the camera, he will go back to his 80's :lol: ......

i dunno y, but i get a feeling Robo will not be by ARR........immediately after sivaji movie release, there were couple of reports in orkut-ARR groups that ARR was unhappy and doesent want to do movies with shankar anymore.......and the mysterious silence so far in MD's name in all web links/news items so far :?

A.ANAND
10th December 2007, 02:35 PM
200% a.r.rahman is music director 4 robo!

selvakumar
10th December 2007, 02:46 PM
not the hype that Ajith fans creat.... u know what i mean, aah...but alas.... lets not talk about it... should appriciate that ROBO is finally getting its way to the screens.....

and dinesh,
*HYPE* is not just what Ajith fans alone create !

dinesh2002
10th December 2007, 06:00 PM

Selva, be OPEN to criticism ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
10th December 2007, 06:06 PM

heheh - good imgination........shankar knows, if he comes in front of the camera, he will go back to his 80's :lol: ......

i dunno y, but i get a feeling Robo will not be by ARR........immediately after sivaji movie release, there were couple of reports in orkut-ARR groups that ARR was unhappy and doesent want to do movies with shankar anymore.......and the mysterious silence so far in MD's name in all web links/news items so far :?

i really think thats rumour .... i remember Shankar saying Sivaji album is 1 of Shankar & ARRahmans fav album coz they enjoyed working for it allot.... its listed along with Jeans & Kadhalan.... :)

besides... isnt this Orkut also provided 'news' that Sivaji had Shaggy and other rapers in it? :P

i remember reading ROBO has 1 song composed by ARR already..... loooong time back... maybe ARR also used it for other movies already... not sure.... it had 100 guitars usage in it isnt it.... i remember it was in R.Prasanna's website.....

lets all hope its A.R.Rahman ....

If A.R.Rahman isnt happy with Shankar, then i have no idea what to say already ....

selvakumar
10th December 2007, 06:14 PM

:confused2:
on what ? :P

dinesh2002
10th December 2007, 06:30 PM

:confused2:
on what ? :P

:lol: :lol: enna pa.. short term memory loss'ah :P...

is Robo confirm in the 1st place.... did Ajith himself said he is gonna work in Robo... ?!

selvakumar
10th December 2007, 07:08 PM

is Robo confirm in the 1st place.... did Ajith himself said he is gonna work in Robo... ?!
engappa memory la vanthuchu, pinnadi maranthu poga :roll:

I am not 100% sure on robo. But talks are going on. problem is : they are hunting for a producer :lol2:

dinesh2002
10th December 2007, 07:53 PM

engappa memory la vanthuchu, pinnadi maranthu poga :roll:

I am not 100% sure on robo. But talks are going on. problem is : they are hunting for a producer :lol2:

paavam antha Producer... i heard Robo is gonna be REALLY expensive :P ... :lol:

Ramakrishna
10th December 2007, 09:36 PM
SRK has said that this is another vigilante tale. Shankar :x

dinesh2002
10th December 2007, 09:40 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shankar's best..... :lol:

Ramakrishna
10th December 2007, 10:00 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shankar's best..... :lol:

ARR Music kaaga we can expect Shankar films, after two duds Anniyan and Sivaji , i lost all hopes on Shankar.

Dragun
11th December 2007, 01:43 AM
Thambi Ramakrishna, I gave up on Shankar after Mudhalvan but I've seen every film he's done since in the theater for the song picturizations.

thilak4life
11th December 2007, 01:47 AM
Mudhalvan is Shankar's last good film, because the over-the-top-ness inspite of its stupidity is seamless in screenplay. Rahman's BGM uplifts and guides to great measures. But the question is, should our Man do this again and again for this crass? Why not a better talent? Questions to ponder...

thineshan54321
11th December 2007, 03:19 AM
Mudhalvan is Shankar's last good film, because the over-the-top-ness inspite of its stupidity is seamless in screenplay. Rahman's BGM uplifts and guides to great measures. But the question is, should our Man do this again and again for this crass? Why not a better talent? Questions to ponder...

answer is simple: if ARR can afford time for barathan, then he can for sure afford time for shankar whose combination has given ys TERA HITS, nvm the movie.

sat_srini
11th December 2007, 08:07 AM
Rival Robots

Will Aamir play a scientist in Shankar's Robot after Shah Rukh opted out of the film?

Kunal M Shah / Vickey Lalwani

Apparently, Aamir Khan is all set to play the lead in South director Shankar's sci-fi, Robot.

If sources are to be believed, Shankar met Aamir a few days ago. Aamir is interested, and Shankar is busy with the film's pre-production. However, it is still not known if Aamir will produce the film as well, or Shankar will rope in some other producer.

There was a lot of talk about Shah Rukh Khan doing the film under his banner, Red Chillies Entertainment. However, due to creative differences between SRK and Shankar, the two decided to part ways amicably.

SRK had admitted, "Shankar and I were not happy with a few things; his take on the film was completely different from mine. We had worked very hard on the film and it is sad that we had to call it off."

Aamir will play a scientist who creates a robot with whom his physically challenged child can play with. However, things turn bad when the robot begins to kill people. Aamir then has to terminate his state-of-the-art invention.

When Shankar was doing the film with SRK, the latter was said to be in favour of Hrithik Roshan essaying the robot's role. But as Hrithik is busy with his other commitments and now Aamir being a part of the film, things may not fall in the same place. Who will play the robot in the film is yet to be finalised. Incidentally, John Abraham and Upen Patel had also been considered to play the robot when SRK was in talks with Shankar.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=200712112007121102352751513ce4130

dinesh2002
11th December 2007, 08:40 AM

answer is simple: if ARR can afford time for barathan, then he can for sure afford time for shankar whose combination has given ys TERA HITS, nvm the movie.

well said Thinesh...

thilak, ponder 1 more question, are the current crop willing to give up their combo [their Mds] for A.R.Rahman ?? other than the news Selva gonna work with ARR in hindi [where is that news now anyway??], i dun see the other Dir standing infront of ARR's studio wanthing him to score for them... thats a bigger Q .... :) .... infact the Gautham's film with ARR is a BIG Q as ARR hasnt sign for it yet....

If Shankar too leave ARR behind, there goes another Tamil ARR to let go....... coz they r the best in coming out with excellent mass number .... remember... Boys were the 1 brought Rahman back into bang after ARR was nearly 4gotten from 2001 - 2003.... :) and wow... ARR is not happy working with him.... syabas !! :lol: and damn.... Sivaji audio worked extremely well, broke the best Audio sales in the past 25 years ..... ARRahman should stop working with Shankar ... damn... he is such an useless Dir.... he doesnt know how to make use of ARR's song properly... and he shouldnt waste soo much money on the picturisations which r very rich... tsk tsk tsk...

dinesh2002
11th December 2007, 08:47 AM
Rival Robots

Will Aamir play a scientist in Shankar's Robot after Shah Rukh opted out of the film?

Kunal M Shah / Vickey Lalwani

Apparently, Aamir Khan is all set to play the lead in South director Shankar's sci-fi, Robot.

If sources are to be believed, Shankar met Aamir a few days ago. Aamir is interested, and Shankar is busy with the film's pre-production. However, it is still not known if Aamir will produce the film as well, or Shankar will rope in some other producer.

There was a lot of talk about Shah Rukh Khan doing the film under his banner, Red Chillies Entertainment. However, due to creative differences between SRK and Shankar, the two decided to part ways amicably.

SRK had admitted, "Shankar and I were not happy with a few things; his take on the film was completely different from mine. We had worked very hard on the film and it is sad that we had to call it off."

Aamir will play a scientist who creates a robot with whom his physically challenged child can play with. However, things turn bad when the robot begins to kill people. Aamir then has to terminate his state-of-the-art invention.

When Shankar was doing the film with SRK, the latter was said to be in favour of Hrithik Roshan essaying the robot's role. But as Hrithik is busy with his other commitments and now Aamir being a part of the film, things may not fall in the same place. Who will play the robot in the film is yet to be finalised. Incidentally, John Abraham and Upen Patel had also been considered to play the robot when SRK was in talks with Shankar.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=200712112007121102352751513ce4130

now we r talking .... :wink: hope they do make this a bi-lingual movie.... not a dubb in tamil....

dinesh2002
11th December 2007, 04:25 PM
[tscii:f42a0b0c1d] Aamir eyes Shah Rukh’s Robot
December 11, 2007
Though both Aamir and Shah Rukh are versatile actors, their approach to acting has always been different. Their movies have been as different as chalk and cheese when it comes to the characters they portray and the films they choose. Contrary to this belief, Aamir is said to be gaining or at least trying to cash in on those scripts that have been rejected by SRK.
Aamir Khan

He has done so in the past, and all the films went on to become huge hits.

Now Aamir is going out of his way and has expressed his desire to work on a couple of scripts that SRK had turned down. One of them is Rajkumar Hirani’s Five Point Something, which was initially offered to Shah Rukh who turned it down. Aamir’s request has now been accepted by the director and says that work will commence as soon as the actor gives his confirmation. The second project is the much talked about Robot by director Shankar, which was announced with much fanfare by Shah Rukh himself and the actor was even willing to produce the film. However, creative differences between the actor and the director resulted in the project being shelved temporarily. According to industry sources, the latest buzz is that Aamir is interested in Robot and is in talks with director Shankar. Interestingly, Aamir has even proposed to produce this mega budget sci-fi thriller. The story, sources say, is about a scientist who invents a Robot to take care of his physically challenged child and when he finds out that the Robot is responsible for killing a few people he is forced to terminate his invention. Aamir wants to play the role of the Robot as well as the scientist, while in the earlier version narrated to Shah Rukh; Hrithik Roshan was to play the Robot. All these reports will have to be cleared only by the director and actor, otherwise the guesswork would continue, which is usual with all Shankar’s projects. It is to be noted that only recently it had been reported that Ajith would be teaming up with Shankar for Robot. However, with neither of them confirming, it still remains a rumor.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-07-02/11-12-07-robot.html[/tscii:f42a0b0c1d]

dinesh2002
11th December 2007, 04:26 PM
[tscii:3e57aafa49] Aamir guns for Shah Rukh’s robot and more

Now here is some news that you never hear every day; Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan is gunning for Shah Rukh Khan as he eyes up two roles that Shah Rukh Khan has recently either turned down or shelved. Raj Kumar Hirani’s Five Point Something and Shankar’s Robot. Firstly, let us tell you about Five Point Something…

Munnabhai director Raju Hirani is still adamant on doing his much talked about prokect Five Point Something, and he is now lining up Aamir Khan for the main lead in the film. The same lead role that Shah Rukh Khan turned down a few weeks ago. It seems that Aamir himself has expressed an interest in working in this. Aamir has previously accepted roles for which Shah Rukh Khan was approached initially. Most of these ‘leftovers’ have become massive hits.

Hirani is also considering John Abraham and Saif Ali Khan for the other roles. Five Point Someone is a satirical look on the Indian education system, and is loosely based on a Chetan Bhagat novel.

Hirani hopes to begin work on Five Point Something as soon as an actor is confirmed, but is also planning to work with Sanjay Dutt on the next Munnabhai flick.

Now the second role… Robot…

South director Shankar has met Aamir Khan and sources state that Aamir is interested to play a scientist in his sci-fi thriller Robot, a role that Shah Rukh Khan had turned down because of creative differences. Aamir Khan is also interested in producing this film, just like Shah Rukh Khan was.

As reported by this writer exclusively a few months ago, Aamir will play a scientist who creates a robot to play with his physically challenged child, but things go bad when the robot starts to kill people and Aamir has to terminate this invention. When Shah Rukh Khan was expected to produce the film, Hrithik Roshan was touted for the role of the robot, but now indications are that either Aamir Khan wants to essay a double role and will play the robot too.

http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/9337/aamir-khan-wants-to-do-shah-rukhs-role.html[/tscii:3e57aafa49]

prasana84
12th December 2007, 12:30 AM
He is a talented guy but aracha mavvayae marupadiyum arakuraru

A.ANAND
13th December 2007, 07:09 AM
[tscii:e5eb488092]Truce between Ajith and A.M Rathnam
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 12, 2007]

LISTEN NOW!

Ajith has changed his decision not to act in A.M. Rathnam’s films. The buzz is that Shankar - Ajith combination will be produced by none other than Rathnam under the banner of Surya Movies.

It may be recalled that following Shah Rukh Khan’s withdrawal from Shankar’s dream project 'Robot', it was said that Ajith would play the lead role. Though the official announcement is yet to be made, it is almost certain since neither Shankar nor Ajith has denied the news.

Rathnam is aiming to get rid of the financial burden through the announcement of this mega project. If the news is confirmed, it would be a token of gratitude by Shankar to Rathnam, who produced his Indian.

By the way, for those who would be curious to know what made Ajith to take such a decision - not to act in Rathnam’s production – here is a flashback: Ajith stood by the employees during a clash between the producers & directors and Fefsi (Film Employees Federation of South India) during June-July 1997. Rathnam was irked by Ajith’s stand and demanded him to give back the advance amount given to him for a project. Ajith immediately returned the amount and took a decision not to act in Rathnam’s film in future.

Now a decade has gone by and a truce has been made between the two. The announcement of the project involving Shankar, Ajith, and Rathnam is expected to be made on Pongal.

[/tscii:e5eb488092]

mahen01
13th December 2007, 12:02 PM
Thats a good news. Another ARR Shanker Tamil movie. Ajith is a bonus. Thank god sharukahn withdrawn from the project. If not it would've been a Hindi movie.

mahen01
13th December 2007, 12:03 PM
Thats a good news. Another ARR Shanker Tamil movie. Ajith is a bonus. Thank god sharukahn withdrawn from the project. If not it would've been a Hindi movie.

rayan36
13th December 2007, 07:03 PM

:yes: :notworthy: :yes: :notworthy: :yes: :notworthy: :yes:

thineshan54321
14th December 2007, 02:57 AM

:yes: :notworthy: :yes: :notworthy: :yes: :notworthy: :yes:

I HOPE THIS ONE IS NOT THE NATIONA THIRUTHURA KATHA. I HOPE ITS TRULY UNIQUE AND CLASSY.

thilak4life
14th December 2007, 03:50 AM
Dinesh and Thinesh,

ARR isn't a tom, dick or harry to be empty-handed. He has many exciting hindi films to offer. I refuse to buy the lame excuse of tight combos. Some of 'em would be dying to work with ARR. In any case, ARR has many quality hindi filmmakers, who would like to work with him. His quality in Hindi has always been top rack stuff, at least with his music, there are exceptions like Lakeer, but even then... His tamil albums off late pales in comparison. Enough fun albums like "Sivaji", or half-hearted but still good enough "SOK". It's about time he gets a grip!

A.ANAND
17th December 2007, 03:13 PM
a.r.rahman vetriyil shankar-rukkum periya panngundu!atha marathirathinnga!

Ramakrishna
17th December 2007, 03:49 PM

Actually its the other way around. Niraya(almost all) Shankar padam vetri adaiya ARR Music thaan kaaranam

thilak4life
17th December 2007, 03:52 PM
Can't imagine Shankar without ARR's songs, and his BGM simply uplifts all the OTT scenes, embellishing it with gloss and refinement!

dinesh2002
17th December 2007, 05:15 PM

:thumbsup: Netti Adi....

dinesh2002
17th December 2007, 05:17 PM
Can't imagine Shankar without ARR's songs, and his BGM simply uplifts all the OTT scenes, embellishing it with gloss and refinement!

dont have too.. check out Anniyan :lol: .... im sure Shankar realised that he needs ARR in his movies.... Sivaji BGM & Songs were simply outstanding..... !! loved the Bgms more than the songs...!!

thineshan54321
17th December 2007, 08:41 PM

dont have too.. check out Anniyan :lol: .... im sure Shankar realised that he needs ARR in his movies.... Sivaji BGM & Songs were simply outstanding..... !! loved the Bgms more than the songs...!!

anniyan would've been crazy with ARR's songs and can u imagine the BGM for the "Anniyan"? Unlike HJ's some kinda door creaking sound and a direct lift from passion of the christ.

Yathu
19th December 2007, 04:22 AM
ARR makes his music from the type and degree of stimulation that he recieves from his directors.

IMO, Shankar has the effect of getting the best out of ARR in terms of commercially fulfilling and innovative songs.

thineshan54321
19th December 2007, 04:35 AM
ARR makes his music from the type and degree of stimulation that he recieves from his directors.

IMO, Shankar has the effect of getting the best out of ARR in terms of commercially fulfilling and innovative songs.

bang on yathu! he even mentioned in ATM interview that if ppl want me assocaited with their movie just so they can put my name, then i am not interested.

dinesh2002
21st December 2007, 03:49 PM

Yathu, bullseye....!! :D i think the bolded line above is actually a plain fact... u can safely say its a known fact Yathu .... :wink:

dinesh2002
21st December 2007, 04:31 PM

bang on yathu! he even mentioned in ATM interview that if ppl want me assocaited with their movie just so they can put my name, then i am not interested.

yea thinesh, i think movies like Star, Alli Arjuna was few of them isnt it...

thineshan54321
22nd December 2007, 01:48 AM

star definitely because i think rahman said he didnt have time but directors insisted him to remake songs in tamil (i guess thats just to associated him in the movie), where is a passion for original music from the director???

dinesh2002
22nd December 2007, 08:56 AM

star definitely because i think rahman said he didnt have time but directors insisted him to remake songs in tamil (i guess thats just to associated him in the movie), where is a passion for original music from the director???

exactly... that is why ARR needs dirs like Shankar... he utilized ARRahman's songs 100%. and i have never seen other dirs put so much effort in an ARR song, in the sense of picturisation. Be it Chiku Bukku [a 1st for its kind back in those days]. Ennavale, Mukkala, Kathalikkum Penne, Akadanu Naanga, Telephone Manipol, Athisayam, Hairabba, Mudhalvane, Saiyyan, Azhagana Ratchasiya, Tu Achcha Lagta Hai, Shakalaka Baby, Boom Boom, Alle Alle, Sarigame, Dating, Vaaji Vaaji, Athiradee, Style, Sahana.... all these had excellent picturisation in TFM.... Shankar gives the credits ARR songs deserve... thats y these songs reach the masses well... im sure every ARR fan would realise this.... Shankar is the best in doing justice to ARRs songs.... i cant imagine ARR's career without Shankar... :) ... the songs i mentioned above had extraodinaire picturisations... :) ... look at Vaaji Vaaji... awesome man... lthere were even people clapping when Vaaji Vaaji song ended in the theater were i saw 1 Utama's GSC. [where the camera went in high position showing the WHOLE set with the dancers dancing to " aambal aambal "
:)

Shankar & A.R.Rahman the best... :D ....

MADDY
22nd December 2007, 09:31 AM

the best thing about shankar is he makes a movie from a watcher's perspective :D .........even big legends like maniratnam and bharathiraja dont have that capability.........he brings full value to a song with his picturisation.......as i wrote in another thread - it was chikku bukku rayile more than chinna chinna aasai which propelled ARR into popularity......:D

Shankar-ARR = Mass
Mani-ARR = Elite
ARR-Bharathiraja is the best :yes:

dinesh2002
22nd December 2007, 09:59 AM

the best thing about shankar is he makes a movie from a watcher's perspective :D .........even big legends like maniratnam and bharathiraja dont have that capability.........he brings full value to a song with his picturisation.......as i wrote in another thread - it was chikku bukku rayile more than chinna chinna aasai which propelled ARR into popularity......:D

Shankar-ARR = Mass
Mani-ARR = Elite

:wink: true, another GOLD combo of ARR...

thineshan54321
22nd December 2007, 09:57 PM

Shankar-ARR = Mass
Mani-ARR = Elite

thats why when ppl say ARR is wasting his time on shankar, we all LAUGH till there is not enough energy to do so anymore.

MADDY
23rd December 2007, 11:09 AM
thats why when ppl say ARR is wasting his time on shankar, we all LAUGH till there is not enough energy to do so anymore.

yea, we need shankar to deliver big hits.........also, from a quality point of view - we had good innovations in form of Style(sivaji), Girlfriend(Boys) etc etc..........i dont have any qualms with shankar-ARR as long as thalaivar is happy and ready for it..... :D

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd December 2007, 07:35 PM
iam sure marmayogi will bring in the musical effect to a level which none of other ARR films did, before

thineshan54321
23rd December 2007, 09:31 PM
iam sure marmayogi will bring in the musical effect to a level which none of other ARR films did, before

well lets first hope that they come to a level where they can work together.

A.ANAND
24th December 2007, 08:50 AM

kamal'in rajkamal films kottai kulla ithuvaraikkum illayaraja-than 'isai arasana 'iruthar.muthal muraiya a.r.rahman-nukku antha vasal thiranthu vida pattal,athu avarukku[arr] kidaitha ennoru anngigaram.

thineshan54321
24th December 2007, 08:30 PM

kamal'in rajkamal films kottai kulla ithuvaraikkum illayaraja-than 'isai arasana 'iruthar.muthal muraiya a.r.rahman-nukku antha vasal thiranthu vida pattal,athu avarukku[arr] kidaitha ennoru anngigaram.

but do we know for sure this is confirmed?

thineshan54321
24th December 2007, 08:31 PM

Ramakrishna
24th December 2007, 08:48 PM

Most o the articles which have come up till now regarding this and some Kamal fans who are close to Kamal's sources have confirmed it.

Guess_Me
2nd January 2008, 01:19 PM
Shankar signs on Rajnikanth for Robot
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/jan/02robot.htm

The Boss of the Box-Office will soon be back. Months after Sivaji The Boss set the cash registers ringing worldwide, Tamil superstar Rajnikanth [Images] is teaming up with the out-of-the-box director Shankar again.

If top industry sources are to be believed, Shankar will work with Rajnikanth in Robot, which was planned to be shot with Shah Rukh Khan in the lead and as producer. But the project apparently did not work out owing to 'creative differences', with Shah Rukh himself confirming the separation. Later, it was reported that Shankar approached Aamir Khan [Images] for the role.

Though the film's thread is not confirmed, the name 'Robot' and widely-speculated media reports suggest the story is about a maverick scientist who creates a robot and later runs into trouble with his pet creation.

When the movie does hit the screen, Shankar, known for his expertise in state-of-the-art film-making technique, could thrill filmgoers, especially Rajnikanth fans wordwide. Film buffs and Rajnikanth fans say if the duo team up again, it could be "explosive".

Sources say a top production house in Mumbai will produce the film, in what could be the most expensive film ever made in India. If Sivaji was shot for a whopping Rs 80 crore (Rs 800 million), the new film is expected to cost more than Rs 100 crore (Rs 1 billion).

According to sources, Shankar has held discussions with the Mumbai production house, which has shown a keen interest in the film with Rajnikanth, the highest-paid actor in the country.

Interestingly, a search on 'Robot-Shanker-film' throws up many actors' names as the heroes of this dream project -- the latest being Ajith of Billa fame in the lead.

When official confirmation comes that Rajnikanth will star in the Shankar film, remember you read it on rediff.com first!

MADDY
2nd January 2008, 01:40 PM

The Boss of the Box-Office will soon be back. Months after Sivaji The Boss set the cash registers ringing worldwide, Tamil superstar Rajnikanth [Images] is teaming up with the out-of-the-box director Shankar again.

If top industry sources are to be believed, Shankar will work with Rajnikanth in Robot, which was planned to be shot with Shah Rukh Khan in the lead and as producer. But the project apparently did not work out owing to 'creative differences', with Shah Rukh himself confirming the separation. Later, it was reported that Shankar approached Aamir Khan [Images] for the role.

Though the film's thread is not confirmed, the name 'Robot' and widely-speculated media reports suggest the story is about a maverick scientist who creates a robot and later runs into trouble with his pet creation.

When the movie does hit the screen, Shankar, known for his expertise in state-of-the-art film-making technique, could thrill filmgoers, especially Rajnikanth fans wordwide. Film buffs and Rajnikanth fans say if the duo team up again, it could be "explosive".

Sources say a top production house in Mumbai will produce the film, in what could be the most expensive film ever made in India. If Sivaji was shot for a whopping Rs 80 crore (Rs 800 million), the new film is expected to cost more than Rs 100 crore (Rs 1 billion).

According to sources, Shankar has held discussions with the Mumbai production house, which has shown a keen interest in the film with Rajnikanth, the highest-paid actor in the country.

Interestingly, a search on 'Robot-Shanker-film' throws up many actors' names as the heroes of this dream project -- the latest being Ajith of Billa fame in the lead.

When official confirmation comes that Rajnikanth will star in the Shankar film, remember you read it on rediff.com first!

kamal
SRK
Aamir
Ajith
Rajinikanth

baakki irukkaradhu vijay, hrithik dhaan :roll:

A.ANAND
2nd January 2008, 02:20 PM

kamal
SRK
Aamir
Ajith
Rajinikanth

baakki irukkaradhu vijay, hrithik dhaan :roll:
pattu sollungga,kedasila 'ponngum singgam't.rajender list-la irukka porraru! :lol: 'thangga thamizhan'vijaykanth kuda vanthalum varalam!

thineshan54321
2nd January 2008, 09:08 PM

and if it doesnt we will remember we read it on rediff.com first and we will know u guys r the best at spreading rumours.

dinesh2002
2nd January 2008, 11:02 PM

and if it doesnt we will remember we read it on rediff.com first and we will know u guys r the best at spreading rumours.

:lol: :lol: :lol: well said buddy.... if it doesnt happen, Rediff'ke aape.... :P

thineshan54321
3rd January 2008, 08:52 PM
[tscii:8cfd113a40]Rajini and Shankar team up again?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 03, 2008]

The rumour mills (Indiglitz) are churning out the news that superstar Rajinikanth and ace director Shankar are teaming up again. The project, according to the grapevine, will be none other than Shankar’s dream project ‘Robot’. The announcement, according to the sources, will be made in the silver jubilee function of ‘Sivaji’.

Post ‘Sivaji’, there has been many rumours cooked up about Rajini’s next. Earlier there was a strong rumour that Mani Rathnam would direct a film featuring Rajini as hero, which would be produced by Kamal Haasan.

Then we heard the rumour about Rajini’s mentor K. Balachandar along with Panju Arunachalam, who had produced many of Rajini’s earlier films, would jointly produce a film featuring Rajini. It was also said that Murugadoss would direct it.

There has also been news about Raghava Larencce directing Rajini’s next.

The latest in the list is Rajini – Shankar combination for ‘Robot’. It is also said that Shankar would rope in Amitabh Bachchan to add value to the project world wide.

Though it is yet to be confirmed, it is a well known fact that the mega budget movie does need real big stars like Rajini and Big B. The rumour has already triggered a lot of sensation and speculations in the industry.

Keep watching this space for more updates on the proposed project.

its funny because these guys r th eones that post these articles and they admit they r rumours. i hate media for this reason, can never rely on it, especially entertainment sector. we are not just jobless ppl wanting to find SOMETHING to read. anyways, lets wait till silver jubilee, i think it will clear a lot of stuff about rajini's next and shankar's next. [/tscii:8cfd113a40]

thineshan54321
3rd January 2008, 08:53 PM
[tscii:775e5e6bf0]Rajini and Shankar team up again?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 03, 2008]

The rumour mills (Indiglitz) are churning out the news that superstar Rajinikanth and ace director Shankar are teaming up again. The project, according to the grapevine, will be none other than Shankar’s dream project ‘Robot’. The announcement, according to the sources, will be made in the silver jubilee function of ‘Sivaji’.

Post ‘Sivaji’, there has been many rumours cooked up about Rajini’s next. Earlier there was a strong rumour that Mani Rathnam would direct a film featuring Rajini as hero, which would be produced by Kamal Haasan.

Then we heard the rumour about Rajini’s mentor K. Balachandar along with Panju Arunachalam, who had produced many of Rajini’s earlier films, would jointly produce a film featuring Rajini. It was also said that Murugadoss would direct it.

There has also been news about Raghava Larencce directing Rajini’s next.

The latest in the list is Rajini – Shankar combination for ‘Robot’. It is also said that Shankar would rope in Amitabh Bachchan to add value to the project world wide.

Though it is yet to be confirmed, it is a well known fact that the mega budget movie does need real big stars like Rajini and Big B. The rumour has already triggered a lot of sensation and speculations in the industry.

Keep watching this space for more updates on the proposed project.

its funny because these guys r th eones that post these articles and they admit they r rumours. i hate media for this reason, can never rely on it, especially entertainment sector. we are not just jobless ppl wanting to find SOMETHING to read. anyways, lets wait till silver jubilee, i think it will clear a lot of stuff about rajini's next and shankar's next. [/tscii:775e5e6bf0]

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2008, 09:34 PM
When is the silver jubilee?

thineshan54321
4th January 2008, 02:09 AM
When is the silver jubilee?

well its been 218 days since sivaji release...

A.ANAND
4th January 2008, 09:15 AM
'april fool' vara innum romba naal irukku, athukulla kelaimbithanggale! :(

thineshan54321
4th January 2008, 09:05 PM
Plz vote for ARR, his songs, etc (since u can only vote once, be clever and vote for the highest votes received by ARR, itll be in brackets, for example if u have vaaji and athiradee for best picturization and vaaji is already leading, vote for that): http://www.mayyam.com/hub/ha08all.php

A.ANAND
5th January 2008, 11:30 AM
Rajni, Robo, Rumours?!--/Fullheadline-->

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 05 January , 2008, 11:09

For the last two days Kollywood is abuzz with stories that superstar Rajnikanth is going to do Robo with Shankar. The celebrity news hungry channels went to town about it, that Shankar spurned by Shah Rukh Khan's refusal to do his pet dream project Robo had approached the superstar to fulfill his dreams!
The London based Ayngaran International in which Kishore Lulla owned Eros International (who created a stir when they purchased worldwide theatrical rights of Om Shanti Om from SRK's Red Chillies Entertainment for a record Rs 75 crore) has controlling stake, will produce the film. The budget for this Sci-fi mass masala entertainer is said to be a cool Rs 120 crore, and the film will be produced in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and two other Indian languages.

The leading business paper Economic Times has quoted Ayngaran International CEO Rohan Manickavasagar saying: " Ayngaran and Eros Multimedia will be jointly producing Robo featuring Rajnikanth and directed by Shankar. The formal agreement will be signed soon."

When sify.com tried to reach Shankar his mobile was switched off, however his media manager Nikhil Murugan says:" Negotiations are going on, it may or may not happen but sometime next week there may be a formal announcement." Rajnikanth as usual was not available for comment, but must be surely enjoying the fun!

Remember Rajni must be having a hearty laugh as per media reports after Sivaji he is supposed to be "doing"-

1. P.Vasu's "thrilling action adventure "Chandramukhi- Part 2!
2. K.S Ravikumar's "family entertainer", bigger than Padayappa!
3. Maniratnam's "new classic"!
4. Kamal Hassan produced film with director of Rajni's choice!
5. A.R Murugadoss directed "action film"!
6. Lawrence directed "musical action mass film"!

According to a rough calculation if he were to do the films from the proposition makers as made out by the media, it would take him roughly 9 years (18 months as an average time to do a film) to complete all these wishful films!

So will Shankar's Robo with Rajnikanth happen? At the moment things are still in a fluid state, and we will also stick to the theory-"may or may not happen".

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 11:50 AM
Rajini's Robo bigger, more expensive than Sivaji

Veeraraghav T M / CNN-IBN

Chennai: After the mega-success of Sivaji, The Boss, superstar Rajinikanth is now all set for his next film tentatively titled, Robo.

Industry sources have confirmed to CNN-IBN that director Sankar and Rajinikanth have finalised their deal for Robo.

The movie is expected to take the southern superstar beyond the Vindhyas for it will be made in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu simultaneously.

Sivaji too is presently being dubbed in Hindi and sources say the success of Sivaji in the north Indian market has inspired plans for a simultaneous Hindi version for Robo.

Sources also say that Robo will be bigger and more expensive than Sivaji, which was made at a cost of close to Rs 80 crore and earned nearly Rs 100 crore.

For the moment though, the Tamil film world is all geared up for a grand celebration of Sivaji's success on January 11.

Sankar, who directed Sivaji, had initially approached Shah Rukh Khan, but the deal fell through.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/rajinis-robo-bigger-more-expensive-than-sivaji/55613-17.html

sat_srini
5th January 2008, 11:56 AM
I really doubt (if this project materializes!!!!) that the music would be by ARR. Looking at the number of projects next year, there is no way that he would have sufficient time for Robot.

Dragun
5th January 2008, 12:20 PM
Srini, I somehow doubt that ARR will ever skip a Shankar film again.

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 12:21 PM
I really doubt (if this project materializes!!!!) that the music would be by ARR. Looking at the number of projects next year, there is no way that he would have sufficient time for Robot.

but half of the projects which are to release next year are already done :) .... like Ada, Jaane, Jodha Akhbar, Ghajini Hindi, Sakarakatti only 1 song remaining ,.... :).. only 3 more albums r in the list isnt it, Yuvaraj, Chamki and Dilhi 6.... besides, Robo is def a 2009 end release.... im sure ARR has lotsa time to do Robo.....

A.ANAND
5th January 2008, 12:42 PM
Srini, I somehow doubt that ARR will ever skip a Shankar film again.why sir!shanker enna dir.r.sundarajan level-lukku poitara rahman reject panna?enn sirnpeethiya kelapparinnga :oops:' thangga muttai kaila kedakkum bothu entha kenayanavathu venamunnu solvana!'

sat_srini
5th January 2008, 03:21 PM
Depends on when the shooting would actually start. Because some of the other projects that you missed out are Sultan, Marmayogi, and 10A (BGM), Asoka (BGM only) should keep him busy atleast in the first half of 2008. IMHO it is not a great loss for ARR if he misses out on this project as he already has a lot of exciting projects. But, if he does the music for Robot, it would be an extra treat for us. ARR is going to rock in 2008!!!!

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 04:17 PM
Depends on when the shooting would actually start. Because some of the other projects that you missed out are Sultan, Marmayogi, and 10A (BGM), Asoka (BGM only) should keep him busy atleast in the first half of 2008. IMHO it is not a great loss for ARR if he misses out on this project as he already has a lot of exciting projects. But, if he does the music for Robot, it would be an extra treat for us. ARR is going to rock in 2008!!!!

just incase RObo is confirmed, and ARR is out of it.... its def a HUGE HUGE loss for us.... :) .... im sure Robo,if the combo is true, ARR-Shankar-Rajini, it will be grander than Sivaji 10X... u def should know what Sivaji did for ARR,it gave a way to see the Peppy ARR back..... :) i dun want ARR to miss out such a big project....,infact the biggest in Indian Film Industry 2008..... come on... Shankar is ARR's dir.... i dun wanna see another 'Anniyan' happenin...

baba88
5th January 2008, 05:38 PM
[tscii:c8237dfe82]Robot confirmed!

Shankar’s magnum opus, his dream project Robot (its not spelled as Robo) has become a reality. Sources close to Rajnikanth has confirmed that Robot is going to be his next film!

Ayngaran International and Eros Multimedia are the producers of Robot. Speaking exclusively to Sify.com, Karunamoorthy, Chairman of Ayngaran International said: “ We are very happy to announce that superstar Rajnikanth, Shankar along with A.R Rahman are coming together again to make Robot, which is going to be made in four languages Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and English.”

Robot is going to be the most expensive film ever made in India. Ayngaran is expected to issue a press statement later today (Jan 5) to formally announce the film. The shoot of the film is likely to start in the summer of 2008, and it will be a dream come true for Shankar. The technicians who will work for the film will be chosen in the next few days while the rest of the star cast will be selected closer to the shoot.

We at sify.com wishes Rajnikanth, Shankar, A.R Rahman, Karunamoorthy and Kishore Lulla all the best to make Robot the ultimate entertainer.[/tscii:c8237dfe82]

Mahen
5th January 2008, 06:47 PM
Srini, sivaji took 1.5 years to complete..Im sure robot will take at least 2 years...Its definitely a late 2009 release, so i guess no problems for ARR

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 08:09 PM
[tscii:fada88a747]Robot confirmed!

Shankar’s magnum opus, his dream project Robot (its not spelled as Robo) has become a reality. Sources close to Rajnikanth has confirmed that Robot is going to be his next film!

Ayngaran International and Eros Multimedia are the producers of Robot. Speaking exclusively to Sify.com, Karunamoorthy, Chairman of Ayngaran International said: “ We are very happy to announce that superstar Rajnikanth, Shankar along with A.R Rahman are coming together again to make Robot, which is going to be made in four languages Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and English.”

Robot is going to be the most expensive film ever made in India. Ayngaran is expected to issue a press statement later today (Jan 5) to formally announce the film. The shoot of the film is likely to start in the summer of 2008, and it will be a dream come true for Shankar. The technicians who will work for the film will be chosen in the next few days while the rest of the star cast will be selected closer to the shoot.

We at sify.com wishes Rajnikanth, Shankar, A.R Rahman, Karunamoorthy and Kishore Lulla all the best to make Robot the ultimate entertainer.[/tscii:fada88a747]

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14585005

OMG ...!!!!!!!!!!! this is simply perfect !!! WHOAAA...WOW!!! :shock: :D :) :omg: :victory: :cool2: :2thumbsup: :noteeth: :swinghead:

rsubras
5th January 2008, 08:57 PM
Happy Birthday to Rahman and Wishing him grand success for Robot :)

rsubras
5th January 2008, 08:58 PM
it is party time for us Rahman fans with the announcement of Robot...wat perfect time than on Rahman's birthday eve for this announcement.........

hurrrrrrrrayyyyyyyyyyyy :D

thineshan54321
5th January 2008, 09:05 PM

just incase RObo is confirmed, and ARR is out of it.... its def a HUGE HUGE loss for us.... :) .... im sure Robo,if the combo is true, ARR-Shankar-Rajini, it will be grander than Sivaji 10X... u def should know what Sivaji did for ARR,it gave a way to see the Peppy ARR back..... :) i dun want ARR to miss out such a big project....,infact the biggest in Indian Film Industry 2008..... come on... Shankar is ARR's dir.... i dun wanna see another 'Anniyan' happenin...

bang on man... ill actually go on a strike near shankar's office and ARR's house if ARR is not associated with it. :lol: i hope they make this in english too! that would be one helluva rider!!! well as long as i get the songs in tamil i am happy :oops: btw guys, didnt ARR already compose a song for robo with some 100 guitars or something?? and shankar knows that ARR is the only person who will be able to do justice and also rajni really likes ARR (i am sure ARR was involved in sultan because of rajni's request). ARR would never skip this project.

thineshan54321
5th January 2008, 09:08 PM
[tscii:fbe38dba31]Robot confirmed!

We at sify.com wishes Rajnikanth, Shankar, A.R Rahman, Karunamoorthy and Kishore Lulla all the best to make Robot the ultimate entertainer.[/tscii:fbe38dba31]

OMG ...!!!!!!!!!!! this is simply perfect !!! WHOAAA...WOW!!! :shock: :D :) :omg: :victory: :cool2: :2thumbsup: :noteeth: :swinghead:

GODDAMM!!!! when i wrote the post before this, I honestly didnt read this article from sify. its like all my wishes came true in seconds. i wanted ARR and there he is, i wanted it to be made in english and so there it is. WOW!!!!! God's great! :notworthy:

thineshan54321
5th January 2008, 09:12 PM
Dinesh plz include rajni and producers name in the title. this is celebration time and i REALLY hope sify didnt make that news up. i would throw stones at em if they did.

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 09:18 PM
Dinesh plz include rajni and producers name in the title. this is celebration time and i REALLY hope sify didnt make that news up. i would throw stones at em if they did.

same here.... if it is not true...settan Sify.... :lol:

thineshan54321
5th January 2008, 09:19 PM
[tscii:d6136a70c8]Silver Jubilee of ‘Sivaji’
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, January 05, 2008]

When the whole Kollywood is gearing up for Pongal bash, ‘Sivaji’ team is readying up to add flavour to the festival season. The mega movie of 2007 is celebrating its silver jubilee on 11th of January.

The grand function organized by AVM will be held in Madras University Centenary hall. The function will be presided by the CM.

The function will enthrall the audience with a short film on the making of ‘Sivaji’. The edited scenes from the movie are expected to be screened on the occasion. The technicians, who worked in the film, will be awarded with shields.

The team of the movie has also planned to honor the theatre owners who screened ‘Sivaji’. The felicitation will take place on the same day 11 AM in Raghavendra Kalyana Mandapam.

HOPE ARR is there and this function will also straighten up everything associated about shankar and rajni and whether robot is really happening or not. and arr if he is present will also probably be confirmed for this project. i wanna hear some words from rajni about ARR. [/tscii:d6136a70c8] Hope someone records it and uploads it to rapidshare or soemthing like that.

Vysar
5th January 2008, 11:42 PM
It is confirmed.

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 11:56 PM
just incase, lets be really sure after we hear from some official announcement.... we all know about Sify.... hope there will be some confirmation from ARR's part atleast [ARRYGF - Vijay Iyer/Gops] .... keeping my fingers crossed...

thineshan54321
6th January 2008, 12:08 AM
just incase, lets be really sure after we hear from some official announcement.... we all know about Sify.... hope there will be some confirmation from ARR's part atleast [ARRYGF - Vijay Iyer/Gops] .... keeping my fingers crossed...

we might just have to wait till the 11th of jan when sivaji silver jubilee function will be held. there shankar and rajni will confirm if its true.

ansa400
6th January 2008, 08:49 AM
Happy b'day A R R....

Good news!!! Believe this time around shankar would come up with a better script, going by the title. Also, this will be, after a long time a rajini film without his screen name of the movie...guess after Dhalapathi.. Good luck team!!

selvakumar
6th January 2008, 11:18 AM
AFAIK, The project has been confirmed with Rajini (100%) ! :)

july
6th January 2008, 11:38 AM
waiting for silver jubilee function..
we can get real news there.
:D

Dragun
6th January 2008, 04:24 PM
Shankar should go with a younger hero for this project unless Rajini is actually playing his age.

All this "news" is still speculation, though...

dinesh2002
6th January 2008, 05:58 PM

already did :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
6th January 2008, 08:52 PM
Vijay Iyer from Yahoo group has confirmed that our Boss is doing Robot.

Yathu
6th January 2008, 10:01 PM
OMG its actually happening? NO WAY! :yes: Come on Shankar! BIGGER AND BETTER THAN SIVAJI! We know you can do it! :D

(Who exactly is this Vijay Iyer dude anyways and how does he know these things? :lol: )

thamizhvaanan
6th January 2008, 10:11 PM
Happy b'day A R R....

Good news!!! Believe this time around shankar would come up with a better script, going by the title. Also, this will be, after a long time a rajini film without his screen name of the movie...guess after Dhalapathi.. Good luck team!!

ya, this time it may be better since the script/story is by sujatha. the low pt in sivaji was the script. shankar's direction somehow had its usual peppiness and punch :P .

And one thing is for sure, film wont be titled ROBO :rotfl:

120 crores'ku tax pottu paarunga :lol2:

Sanjeevi
6th January 2008, 11:01 PM
According to today's maalaimalar :lol:

ansa400
7th January 2008, 01:10 AM
ya, this time it may be better since the script/story is by sujatha. the low pt in sivaji was the script. shankar's direction somehow had its usual peppiness and punch :P .

And one thing is for sure, film wont be titled ROBO :rotfl:

120 crores'ku tax pottu paarunga :lol2:

I guess these 100 crores, 120crores are nothin but hype. Honestly speaking, one cannot even tell approx. how much was spent on a film just watching it on screen. We are told that some 80crores were spent on Sivaji, we beleive so. Had it been told as 40crores, still we'dve believed.

A.ANAND
7th January 2008, 02:50 PM
[tscii:1d8a941057]Superstar to do a quickie!

By Moviebuzz
Monday, 07 January , 2008, 12:40
Last Updated: Monday, 07 January , 2008, 13:22

Superstar Rajinikanth is going to do a quickie for his mentor K Balachandar, to be directed by P Vasu before he starts Robot! In a sensational development, Rajinikanth has agreed in principle to do a film for KB's production company Kavithaalaya.
It is going to be a remake of the Malayalam super hit Katha Parayumbol released for Christmas in Kerala. The film is a light-hearted sentimental comedy that pulls at your heart strings and is about the deep friendship between a barber in a village and a superstar who comes to shoot a film there.

It is a hit because of its emotional story value and outstanding performances by Sreenivasan as the barber (he also is the writer and producer of the film along with actor Mukesh), Meena as his loving wife and mother of three children and Mammootty who is brilliant as the superstar.

Read review of Mammootty’s Katha Parayumbol

Last week Sreenivasan held a special screening of the film for Rajinikanth in Chennai. After the movie Rajini who was Sreeni’s senior at Adyar film institute hugged him. An emotionally choked superstar told him- "It is the best film that I have seen in recent times, it is very touching. Hats off to you Sreeni!" Next day he called Sreenivasan home and they discussed in detail how the writer, director and actor is able to come out with stories of the ordinary man which appeals to the common man. Please note that Vellithirai is also a remake of Sreenivasan’s classic Udayananu Tharam.

One thing led to another, and Rajinikanth the do-gooder and "Mr. Nice Guy" that he is, wanted to do the film for his mentor KB. According to sources close to the development, four Tamil actors including a famous comedian turned hero wanted to buy the remake rights! As of now, Kavithalaaya is the front runner and they have signed up Pasupathy to do the role of the barber, while Rajinikanth will play the superstar and it will be directed by P.Vasu, with two village type songs by Vidyasagar.

The shoot of the film will start immediately and Rajinikanth would prefer to complete and release the film by June/ July, before he starts Shankar's Robot. It is possible as the superstar character appears in only eight scenes in the original including an item song and the stunning 14 minute climax, which is the highlight of the film. Mammootty had completed his work in 15 days for Katha Parayumbol, and even if P.Vasu changes the story to suit the superstar's image and Tamil nativity he can finish work on the film in less than a month.

Rajinikanth would be the ideal choice to play the superstar and Pasupathy the right choice for the barber character. And with KB giving his valuable inputs to the script, P.Vasu the master in remaking Malayalam films into Tamil, the combination is sure to click.

[/tscii:1d8a941057]

Ramakrishna
7th January 2008, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

I met ARR today and wished him for his birthday!

When I asked him about forthcoming tamil projects, he mentioned Sakkaraikatti, Jodha Akbar (Tamil version) and Robot!

He also confirmed that JA is releasing on Jan 9th!

Cheers,
Aravind

From yahoo group

thineshan54321
8th January 2008, 01:41 AM
Hi all,

I met ARR today and wished him for his birthday!

When I asked him about forthcoming tamil projects, he mentioned Sakkaraikatti, Jodha Akbar (Tamil version) and Robot!

He also confirmed that JA is releasing on Jan 9th!

Cheers,
Aravind

From yahoo group

nice. ROBOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thineshan54321
8th January 2008, 02:23 AM
confirmation from ayngran internationals: http://www.ayngaran.com/Ayngaran/Ayngaran_Home.html

MADDY
8th January 2008, 10:08 AM
spoke to couple of rajini fans (one - Nerd from our hub), they say, after 11th only, this project will be officially confirmed.......

A.ANAND
8th January 2008, 01:50 PM
மீண்டும் வாசு இயக்கத்தில் ரஜினி!

ரஜினி - ஷ்ரியா1 | ரஜினி - ஷ்ரியா3 | ரஜினி - நயனதாரா | ரஜினி | சீனிவாசன்
ஷங்கரின் ரோபோட் படத்தில் நடிப்பதற்கு முன்பாக பி.வாசுவின் இயக்கத்தில் ரஜினிகாந்த் ஒரு படத்தில் நடிக்கவுள்ளார். இந்தப் படத்தை கே.பாலச்சந்தர் தயாரிக்கவுள்ளார்.

சிவாஜியைத் தொடர்ந்து ரஜினிகாந்த் நடிக்கவுள்ள மெகா பட்ஜெட் படம் ஷங்கரின் ரோபோட். இந்தப் படத்தை ரூ. 120 கோடி செலவில் எடுக்கவுள்ளனர்.

ஆனால் அதற்கு முன்னதாக ரஜினி ஒரு படத்தில் நடிக்கவுள்ளார். இப்படத்தை தனது குரு கே.பாலச்சந்தருக்காக நடித்துக் கொடுக்கிறார் ரஜினி. பாலச்சந்தர் தயாரிப்பில் உருவாகவுள்ள இப்படத்தை பி.வாசு இயக்கவுள்ளார்.

வாசுவும், ரஜினியும் சேர்ந்து ஏற்கனவே நான்கு வெற்றிப் படங்களைக் கொடுத்துள்ளனர். லேட்டஸ்டாக அவர்கள் கொடுத்த மகாஹிட் சந்திரமுகி என்பது நினைவிருக்கும்.

வாசு இயக்கத்தில் மீண்டும் ரஜினி நடிக்கப் போகும் படம், மலையாளத்தில் வெற்றி பெற்ற கத பரயும்போல் படத்தின் ரீமேக் ஆகும்.

இப்படம் கடந்த ஆண்டு கிறிஸ்துமஸ் தினத்தன்று ரிலீஸானது. இப்படத்தில் மம்முட்டி, சீனிவாசன் ஆகியோர் நடித்துள்ளனர். முழுக்க முழுக்க சென்டிமென்டல் காமெடிப் படமான இப்படம், கிராமத்தில் இருக்கும் முடிதிருத்தும் தொழிலாளிக்கும், சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் நடிகர் ஒருவருக்கும் இடையே மலரும் நட்பைப் பற்றியதாகும்.

இப்படம் கேரளாவில் பெரும் ஹிட் ஆனது. பிரகாஷ் ராஜ் உள்ளிட்ட பலரும் இப்படத்தின் கதையை வாங்க பிரம்மப் பிரயத்தனம் செய்தனர்.

இந்த நிலையில்தான் கடந்த வாரம் சீனிவாசன், ரஜினிக்காக போர் பிரேம்ஸ் தியேட்டரில் படத்தைப் போட்டுக் காண்பித்தார். படத்தைப் பார்த்ததும், சீனிவாசனைக் கட்டிப் பிடித்துப் பாராட்டினாராம். இப்படத்தை தமிழில் செய்ய ஆர்வமாக இருப்பதாகவும் கூறினாராம். பின்னர் சீனிவாசனை தனது வீட்டுக்கு அழைத்து விருந்தளித்து நீண்ட நேரம் பேசினாராம்.

இதையடுத்து தற்போது இப்படத்தின் தமிழ் ரீமேக் உறுதி ஆகி விட்டது. ரஜினி சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் நடிகராக நடிக்க, அவருடைய கிராமத்து தோழர் வேடத்தில் பசுபதி நடிக்கவுள்ளாராம். வாசு படத்தை இயக்குகிறார். வித்யாசாகர் இசையமைக்கிறார்.

படத்தின் டைட்டில் உள்ளிட்ட பிற விவரங்கள் இந்த வார இறுதிக்குள் முடிவாகவுள்ளதாம்.

படத்தை உடனடியாக ஆரம்பித்து ஆகஸ்ட் மாதத்திற்குள் ரிலீஸ் செய்யத் திட்டமிடப்பட்டுள்ளதாம். அதன் பின்னரே ரஜினி ரோபோட் ஆகவுள்ளார்.

கொசுறு சீனிவாசன் மலையாளத் திரையுலகில் மிகச் சிறந்த திரைக்கதாசிரியர் ஆவார். இவரது பூர்வீகம் தர்மபுரி என்பது நிறையப் பேருக்குத் தெரிந்திருக்காது. மேலும், ரஜினி சென்னை திரைப்படக் கல்லூரியில் படித்தபோது சீனிவாசன் அவருக்கு ஜூனியர் என்பதும் இன்னொரு குட்டிச் செய்தி
source:thatstamil.com

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 03:05 PM
confirmation from ayngran internationals: http://www.ayngaran.com/Ayngaran/Ayngaran_Home.html

wowy.... :) ... thanks Thinesh....

ps: is ur name Thinesh or Dinesh...? just a curiosity.... :P

kutti_anand
8th January 2008, 03:23 PM
guys, do u think robot will suit our Superstar? if he plays the scientist, then ok. but if he himself is the robot???? iyyayo.... nenachu kooda paaka mudila. shankar sothapaama irukanum....

oru robot vanthu rajini style la chewing gum thooki potu saapta, epdi irukum? :omg:

rajasaranam
8th January 2008, 04:07 PM
guys, do u think robot will suit our Superstar? if he plays the scientist, then ok. but if he himself is the robot???? iyyayo.... nenachu kooda paaka mudila. shankar sothapaama irukanum....

oru robot vanthu rajini style la chewing gum thooki potu saapta, epdi irukum? :omg:

I too have the same doubt. It was role prepared for kamal, then, SRK, Then Ajith. I never felt it wont suit them at any point of time. But when Its Rajini Iam apprehesive whether it will suit his charishma :? Shankar Sothapa poraarnnu patchi solluthu :?

cm123
8th January 2008, 04:14 PM

I too have the same doubt. It was role prepared for kamal, then, SRK, Then Ajith. I never felt it wont suit them at any point of time. But when Its Rajini Iam apprehesive whether it will suit his charishma :? Shankar Sothapa poraarnnu patchi solluthu :?

Never ..no chance for sothappal

check this.. u will get to know...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/rajinifans/ROBOT/SS_ROBOTcopy.jpg

kham
8th January 2008, 05:45 PM
Guys i strongly feel Aamir is a superb choice for Robot... He caters both as a scientist & an action hero (Robot)....

selvakumar
8th January 2008, 05:48 PM
The art work of rajini fans is getting circulated as FWDs. I got them. IF shankar is able to match that kind of work, then ROBO will be quite interesting.

rajasaranam
8th January 2008, 06:45 PM

Never ..no chance for sothappal

check this.. u will get to know...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/rajinifans/ROBOT/SS_ROBOTcopy.jpg

Iam not hinting about the make-up looks and all. It is about the character, the style, body language, dialogue delivery etc., It should be a radical change for which Rajini shud adopt else it will become a mockery of a sci-fi movie. ( Remember neo(keanuReaves) of MATRIX, I can easily mentally repalce him with kamal, SRK, Ajith etc., but not Rajini. At best Rajini will suit Morpeus (LaurenceFishburne) )

rsubras
8th January 2008, 10:56 PM
Rajini ya vachu first time padam pannumbothu venumna Shankar would have had lots of hiccups... but ippo steady aayirupparu nu nambalam :)

KSR had lots of slip ups in his first movie with Rajini, aana padaiyappa la pinni pedal eduthaaru la. :)

P.Vasu oru padam Mannan maathiri sooper ah koduthar na adutha padam ah uzhaippali maathiri aakiduvar... Suresh krishna grew better with every Rajini movie until he hit the iceberg BABA :) (appuram Gajendra range ku keezhe irangitaru :))

MusicIsLife
9th January 2008, 12:45 AM
Robot-nnu padathukku per vechutaanga, aana TAX-benefit irukadhu, so tamil padam peru ennava irukkum?

Yathu
9th January 2008, 01:24 AM
[tscii:c007351c47]Two heroines for ‘Robot’?
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 08, 2008]

Within 24 hours of official announcement of Shankar & Rajini’s Robot, the rumour mills have started working actively. The latest buzz in Kollywood is that ‘Robot’, the grand and possibly the biggest film in Indian history, would have two heroines. Nayantara and Deepika Padukone are said to be the twin heroines of the movie.

Ayngaran, the co producer of the movie, has quoted Rajinikanth in its official press release saying that, “I am immensely happy to be working with Ayngaran – Eros International for ‘Robot’. This film by Shankar is one of its kinds to be made on Indian screen. No one has done it before.”

Shankar, director of the movie, is quite excited about his dream project. “It’s very exciting to be working again with talents like Rajinikanth and A.R. Rahman. Combined with production & distribution muscle of Ayngaran – Eros International, ‘Robot’ has the potential of becoming this year’s biggest film.”

Mr. K Karuna Moorthy, CEO of Ayngaran sounds quite confident: “After the grand success of ‘Sivaji’ and ‘Billa’ we are all geared up for ‘Robot’ now. Aligning with Eros International’s consolidation strategy, we are leveraging our position to integrate the Tamil film industry by producing and releasing films on the global platform. It’s a pleasure working again with the magical team of Rajinikanth, Shankar and A.R. Rahman. We are positive that ‘Robot’ will break all box office records.”

After the grand success of ‘Sivaji’, Tamil film industry’s most popular star, Rajinikanth, talented director, Shankar, and music maestro, A.R. Rahman, are coming together once again in the much anticipated ‘Robot’.

Expected to be the grandest film ever to be made in Indian cinema, ‘Robot’ will be produced in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and other languages.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/35775.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm Nayathara.... :|

I know who would be perfect....someone Rajni's gagging to work with...Aishwarya Rai!

[/tscii:c007351c47]

A.ANAND
9th January 2008, 08:29 AM
Robot-nnu padathukku per vechutaanga, aana TAX-benefit irukadhu, so tamil padam peru ennava irukkum?iyanthira manithan :lol:

thineshan54321
9th January 2008, 08:44 AM
Robot-nnu padathukku per vechutaanga, aana TAX-benefit irukadhu, so tamil padam peru ennava irukkum?iyanthira manithan :lol:

:lol: viNveli nayagan

kutti_anand
9th January 2008, 11:59 AM
Iam not hinting about the make-up looks and all. It is about the character, the style, body language, dialogue delivery etc., It should be a radical change for which Rajini shud adopt else it will become a mockery of a sci-fi movie. ( Remember neo(keanuReaves) of MATRIX, I can easily mentally repalce him with kamal, SRK, Ajith etc., but not Rajini. At best Rajini will suit Morpeus (LaurenceFishburne) )

Its not a radical change for Rajni alone. for his fans too.... they expect something gr8, but when they see our Superstar walking like a robot, (nenachu kooda paaka mudila)... HUH!!!!
enaku ennamo thevaillatha risk nu thonuthu..... but irunthalum i have a feeling like, shankar ithellam yosikamaya padam edupaaru?

as Rajasaranam sir told, rajni will suit Laurence Fishburne character.... may be oru scientist....

kutti_anand
9th January 2008, 12:01 PM

:lol: viNveli nayagan

Guys, intha padam eduthu mudikarathukulla there will be another election and a new CM, hopefully its JJ.... she will remove all the rules put by Karunanithi, including this tax exemption for tamil titles. so when the movie releases, the name will be 'ROBOT'... ha ha.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A.ANAND
9th January 2008, 12:43 PM
atharkana vaipu migavum piragasamaga ullathu :D

MADDY
9th January 2008, 01:46 PM
dunno if u guys are aware of "Ajith+Rajini=Robo" possibility discussions in Tamil films section...... :D

kutti_anand
9th January 2008, 02:58 PM
dunno if u guys are aware of "Ajith+Rajini=Robo" possibility discussions in Tamil films section...... :D

Iyyayo!!!! Ajith as ROBOT va???? just think of a robot speaking "Ye le, Naan Thani Robot illa!!!!"

"Naan veetu robot illa, thaana vazhantha loosu robot...." :lol:

selvakumar
9th January 2008, 03:04 PM

Iyyayo!!!! Ajith as ROBOT va???? just think of a robot speaking "Ye le, Naan Thani Robot illa!!!!"

"Naan veetu robot illa, thaana vazhantha loosu robot...." :lol:

:D MADDY paartheengala :wink: