PDA

View Full Version : OTHER MD'S FANS ARE WELCOME TO DISCUSS

Scale
26th May 2005, 02:08 PM
SUBJECT: OTHER MD'S FANS ARE WELCOME TO DISCUSS

Dear Folks,

I KNOW MANY OF MY MATES WILL CURSE ME :banghead: FOR STARTING SUCH A THREAD. BUT THE ULTIMATE AIM OF THIS THREAD IS TO APPRECIATE & ENJOY QUALITY MUSIC FROM ANY OF THE MUSIC DIRECTORS. CAN UTILIZE THIS FORUM FOR COMPARISON WITH OUR MAESTRO TOO. LET ARR FANS TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO BE BROAD MINDED AND ADMIT THE FACTS IN APPRECIATING QUALITY MUSIC, ENCOURAGING NEW TALENTS.

SINCE,WE WERE ALREADY HAVING A VERY STRONG DEBATE WITH RAJASARANAM(HC FAN OF IR) SCATTERED IN DIFFERENT THREADS WE WOULD ORGANIZE IN ONE THREAD AND INVITE OTHERS TO COME AND POUR MORE COMMENTS.

RULES: NO FILTHY LANGUAGES, NO HARD FEELINGS, NO PERSONAL COMMENTS.

ENJOY POSTING.

MADDY
26th May 2005, 11:18 PM
u think it will work??? i've hardly seen a ARR-fan disrespecting IR unless obviously if he is tempted to do so......hatred always comes from IR-fans side.....

strange isn't it- ARR fans do listen to IR and YSR also.....but IR fans cannot listen to ARR and YSR fans also do not listen to ARR songs.....ever wondered y???

dinesh2002
27th May 2005, 09:41 AM
hahahahaha....so true man!!i wonder y....so weird huh!!! eventhough i bash Harris from left to right,and right to left!i still listen to his music man!! but wonder y these guyes r like this...i do enjoy IR,YSR & HJ music maximum...from IR my personal fav is Oliyile - Azhagi,Ennaku Pidhitha paadal - Julie Ganapathy and all songs from Hey ram...YSR i loved manmadhan,7G Rainbow,Povellam ketupar (amazing album from YSR,i rate his best tll date),Theenda theenda - thulluvadho illamai,Hj i like Laysa Laysa,Ullam Ketkumea's Ennai pandatha,Mazhai Mazhai,and Gharshana's Ye Chilipi...try asking a fav of ARR from IR fans...u get the same answer from all IR fans.... = NONE!!! :lol:

njv
27th May 2005, 10:23 AM
Okay, coming back to the topic (Scale I appreciate you doing this). Let me post my first pick

All songs from Ninaithalae Inikkum

Sambo Siva Sambo
Engeyum Eppodhum
Yaadhum Oorae Yavarum
Namma Ooru Sinagari
Barathi Kannamma

njv
27th May 2005, 10:28 AM
BTW I am an IR fan, but these are my fav from ARR

WOHE - Chineese version, not hindi version
Kannathil Muthamittal
Indian - Pachchai kiligal
Thiruda Thiruda
Kizhakku Cheemayilae (all songs)
Anjali - Anjali Anjali
Jeans - Kannodu Kaanbathellam

I am just listing few, but the list is lot more.

njv
27th May 2005, 10:30 AM
if you wonder why I choosed Kizhakku Cheemaiyilae, I am from a villiage and for us music means IR and when KC came, we all felt happy (the happiness a kid gets when they have a new dress for diwali!) because its new. VM should be appreciated and remembered here for penning wonderful lyrics.

MADDY
27th May 2005, 05:27 PM
gr8 njv.....u once again proved no group of ppl. can be generalised.......there r IR fans who do not and cannot listen to ARR but all IR fans r not like that.....i stand corrected here.......KC is one of my fav too......

my fav for other MD's
HJ- Minnale( vaseegra), Majnu(Hari gori), Laysa laysa( edho onru), Chellame( Kadhalikkum aasai), Arasatchi( 20 vayadhu), Saami( pudichirukku).........

IR- its really a big list....but my most fav tamil no. is "malayil yaaro" from sathriyan........that, for me is THE song......i rate it above any ARR song........i particularly like punnagai mannan also a lot.....

YSR- Poovellam Kettupar(all songs), Manmadhan (manmadhane), Thulluvatho ilamai( kan munne, edhu kadhla), Kadhal Kondein (devadhai), raam( rap song),

njv
27th May 2005, 10:49 PM
Maddy

Malayil Yaaro reminds me my college days (autograph!). Coming back to the topic, the list of songs I liked from Vidya Sagar

1. Parthiban Kanavu (variety)
2. Run (fast and peppy)
3. Dhool (Aasai Aasai - and few other peppy ones)

There may be very few others that I am missing, but these CDs are in my car all the time. The other one I ripped from a DVD and made MP3 out of it is VS's inaguration song in his Singapore Live. Its a fusion of Thiagaraja Keerthanai with symphonic orchestra. Its really good and stand on top of the rest of his filmi' songs.

vatsa400
28th May 2005, 12:55 AM
Good work njv. We should have a thread to discuss music by any MD and be honest about the quality. This will be useful for people like me, who get to know about good songs from forums like this.

I am an ardent fan of IR. I like alot of other MDs songs some are refreshing and different.

ARR ...
July Madham for its interludes
All songs of Dil Se
Kannathil Muthamittal (Vellai Pookal ... very good, Sundari ... for its usage of different voices at varied levels to create mood) to name a few (of a lot).

HJ .... 12B songs, Ondra renda, Aval Ulaga
VS .. Anbe Sivam
YSR ... 7G rainbow, Poovellam Kaetupaar
KR .. Dum Dum Dum (wish he gives an album like this)

One thing which separates IR and others is that he creates every mood with his music and others give just enjoyment (with ARR an exception in few cases). But, I should admit some of the non-IR songs are mind blowing.

Vatsa

coucou
28th May 2005, 12:58 AM
i am arr fan but i like others songs of other md above all HJ AND illayaraja
HJ: minnale (vaseegara) i dont undernstand why i can't hate this song, i like its for ever.
:all songs of saami, kovil,majunu
(all songs of anniyan of course lollollol)

ilayaraja : all song release between 1990 and 2000 (thalabathy, veera, walterveetrivel,........)
i start liking ysr after manmathan:
all manmathan songs, samikittay, sajkkai podu (daas), yele yele (arindhum ariyamelum)
i like too vidyasagar dappanguttu songs but i hate its after few months

Scale
28th May 2005, 11:05 AM
I have been delighted with the response to this thread. Thanks to njv, maddy, dinesh and others.

IR - Thalapathy & Anjali (idk why i picked this again MR's combo, this shud have been the beginning of their combo, but it ended :( , :lol: ).
HJ - Minnale & Kakka Kakka (Goutham Menon)
YSR - KK & 7GRC (Selvaragavan)

(COMBO - CHEMISTRY, known combos works majestically)

VS - Iyarkai
Adityan - Seevalaperi paandi
KR - Ullasam
Deva - Aasai, Annamalai Annamalai Song (ARR's fav)

&

ARR - Roja, TT, Bombay, Duet, Iruvar, Uzhavan, KC, Karuthamma, MM, Lagaan & Meenaxi (very difficult to shortlist, I can even reconcile 10 pages of bank transactions,trouble shoot my pc/ networking errors quickly, but cant organize this best of ARR's yet). I can hear these songs anytime even if u wake me up in the midnite with a cd and a player(def w/headphones).

Enga veetla enna Rahman thambi nnu thaan koopiduvanga. How great?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

RS! (Kovichikkadeengha) :( , dayavu saidu post saiunga...

Unga Sishyan naan :rotfl: . sandikku koopidala :)

Guess_Me
28th May 2005, 01:45 PM
Great discussion going on in here. I shall also join then.

I am a hardcore ARR fan. Other than his songs some of which I liked are.....

IR - Moondram Pirai, Pithamagan, Avatharam and almost all his malayalam songs
VS - Karna and all his malayalam hits
HJ - Minnale, Majnu
YSR - Raam, Kathal Konden

But my first preference is always ARR.

rajasaranam
28th May 2005, 05:46 PM
RS! (Kovichikkadeengha) :( , dayavu saidu post saiunga...

Unga Sishyan naan :rotfl: . sandikku koopidala :)

Chellam, kovam onnum illa, kanna :wink:
Personal work+ForumHub miscellaneous section'la konjam busya irunthaen.
Varen wait pannu
ARR songs nenachae udanae the song which comes to my mind immtly is 'poonkatrilae un swasathai' from uyirae a very soulful composition indeed.
VS- 'malarae mounamaa' and 'thanthana thanathana thai maasam'

Will come up with other songs later :)

dinesh2002
28th May 2005, 05:58 PM
speaking bout other md's songs i like...here r more in my list

1.IR - Most of his 80s songs such as kadhal oviyam - alaigal olivathillai,Kanne kalaimane,latest ones i should say Meera's Oh Butterfly,All dhalapathy's songs,Veera's songs,Mannan's amma song,and more...

2.YSR - Aridum Ariyamalum's Kojum Konjum & Thee pidikka,Nandha's songs, Ullam'ss Kannai thirandhu

3.Vs - Poovekellam' from Uyiroda Uyiraga, Varai Yen tozhiye - Arasiyal,Ding dong - Ji,Thikki thavikiren - Poo Parikke Varagirom, Poo Vaasam, Sneghithiye's songs!!!

The 1 album i really love which went unknown is Kodieswaran...what scores man....amazing tunes....well recorded,well arranged...what eva happened to Agosh...its a group of 3 people rite??Harichandra is by them too rite...it had 1 good song too...Thalarthu padathane..something like that...hmmm.....

dinesh2002
28th May 2005, 06:05 PM
hey scale man..no problem..actually this is a great thread...1st time i havent see a debate yet...lol.....anyway...some of ARR's fav as i know

1.Annamallai Annamalai
2.Etho oru paatu - Unidhithil Ennai Koduthen
3.Inji Idupalaga - Devar Magan
4.Devdas songs

actually he did mention few from IR..but i cant remember....i remember once when they interview ARR for muthu,he said his muthu is not even close to Deva's Baasha...he said Deva is the best to show Rajini's power...

some fav from deva (how can i miss him from my list)

Nalam Nalam ariya aaval - Kadhal Kootai,Oru Kadhithan Ezhuthinen - Deva,Sanakya - Dum,Un Peyar solla asai than - Minsara Kanna,PKS - Gathokaja,Sakalakala valavane,Panchathanthiram - Vandhen vandhen,

Harris jeyaraj's did some great job in 12b,Ulam ketkume's Mazhai Mazhai (eventhough the basic is from Meena's intro in muthu),Ennai Panthada,Samurai's Aagaya Suriyanai,Kaake kaake's Oru Ooril,

jaiganes
28th May 2005, 07:10 PM
Once upon a time(even now) I was a huge fan of Chandrabose. He used to compose neat little melodies. He was a regular for all AVM movies and used to compose for light music in Doordarshan. He gave a lot of hit songs in his heyday. Also worth mentioning is the fact that Deva and his brothers assisted him for some time. Among his compositions, I liked the following films/numbers.

1. Shankar guru - Kaakki chattai potta machaan (super hit)
2. michael raj - Kaalam porandhuduchu, dorai mani patharai
3. Kutravaali ?? - Vaazthu chollungal (a raghuvaran movie where he becomes a goonda from being a meek college student)
4. Paatti sollai thattadhe - Dillikku raajanalum, vannathu poochi
5. Vaaykozhuppu - vaaikozhuppu dhaan ippodhu and another romantic song sung by deepan chakravarthy's brother
6. Vasanthi (a film by AVM) Sandhosham kaanaadha vaazhvundaa. (beautiul)
7. Rajachinna roja - Oru panbaadu illaiyendraal bhaaradham illai
8. Maanagarak Kaaval - madhurai kaaran
unfortunately he couldn't shine in the digital age. his compositions were neat and catchy.

Scale
28th May 2005, 08:43 PM
Okay, coming back to the topic (Scale I appreciate you doing this). Let me post my first pick

All songs from Ninaithalae Inikkum

Sambo Siva Sambo
Engeyum Eppodhum
Yaadhum Oorae Yavarum
Namma Ooru Sinagari
Barathi Kannamma

njv! I dont know how i missed this one. 1979 MSV's magic with SPB. I will compare this to vintage rahman album. lots of variety.
Though he has ruled from 1960's this is one of his best .

why are we not discussing about MSV? & his combo with IR. I have seen many b/w local MD's badmouthing ARR though they are no where near to ARR. Ismail Darbar (kisna). Himesh R (DNJAK)& Anumalik in FIZA. Why MD-combo's are not working these days?

MSV Combo With IR & now with ARR in few songs is something strangein the current industry. GREAT MAN.

Can anyone list out all his combo with others..

Mella thirandhathu kadavu - MSV & IR
Vishwa Thulasi - MSV & IR.
Sangamam - MSV & ARR
Kannathil Mutthamittal - MSV & ARR

Will this combo IR-ARR ever happen??

dinesh2002
28th May 2005, 10:37 PM
Sangamam - MSV & ARR

MSV only sung in these albums,but didint actually did anyting to the music..so i dun think it should be called a combo...;)

IR-ARR....ARR is def ready...but IR???? :wink:

Scale
29th May 2005, 09:42 AM
Sangamam - MSV & ARR

MSV only sung in these albums,but didint actually did anyting to the music..so i dun think it should be called a combo...;)

IR-ARR....ARR is def ready...but IR???? :wink:

Dinesh! I know MSV has just sung a song in both the albums. But what I meant is his attitude of working with the co-composers without any probs.

dinesh2002
29th May 2005, 10:22 AM
hmm....if im not mistaken MSV have sung in Deva's song too no?? :?:

MSV likes ARR lot..i remember seeing MSV kissed ARR cheeks & hugged ARR in public for a show ( i think the apriciation of MSV-Ramumoorthy)...check it out!

MADDY
29th May 2005, 01:38 PM
Few years ago, my friend who was a journo with cinema xpress told that ARR wanted Bavatharini to sing for one of his song but it did not happen in final stages.......so ARR never has problem with other MDs........IR-ARR combo wud not be that good cos it wud be like Pizza with sambar topping........ :lol:

Scale
29th May 2005, 01:58 PM
Few years ago, my friend who was a journo with cinema xpress told that ARR wanted Bavatharini to sing for one of his song but it did not happen in final stages.......so ARR never has problem with other MDs........IR-ARR combo wud not be that good cos it wud be like Pizza with sambar topping........ :lol:

maddy intha lollu thaane venankurathu :lol: . neenga solratha partha "yethirum puthirum" nnu oru padam eduttha yethirum - la IR vum, puthirum la ARR (two episode) nnum vena sertha maathiri music pannalam :wink: .

BUT I HOPE IT HAPPENS SOMEDAY IR & ARR COMPOSING/SINGING ATLEAST ONE SONG JOINTLY IN ANY ALBUM OR IN ANY OCCASSIONS....:arrow:

BUT SHUDNT BE LIKE "EKAM SATYAM" MJ & ARR STILL UNRELEASED :( .

united07
29th May 2005, 04:16 PM
ARR-IR combo...
will be super good...

provided IR gives his best in melody...and ARR does arrangement and instrumentation....

Movies
29th May 2005, 09:39 PM
I am a HCARR fan!

My recent Favourite from other MDs are ;

1. Kadu thiranthu from Vasool Raja. I think this is an amazing song, I ve played this song a hundred times a day!

2. Any VS Melody is a pick!

3. Honestly I aint a fan of YSR's Melody cause i dont see anything different in them. But i did like mun paniya from Nandha. But When it comes to YSR his peppy stuffs are good. I liked Boom Boom from Ram.

What do you guys say?

united07
30th May 2005, 11:01 AM
my picks
VS - poo vaasam, AS
YSR - mun paniya, Nandha

Movies
30th May 2005, 11:05 PM
Guys I was llistening to a song from on TV the other day. It was a guest performance by "M.I.A.".

I dont know the song Title. But I was almost 100% sure the song was very similair to the Boom Boom song from Raam. Anybody know about the MIA? I know there is this Srilankan gal.

Perhaps someone like I2fs Karthik cudshed sime light.

Scale
4th June 2005, 09:09 PM
I read somewhere in Vikatan long back, YSR Favourite ARR song is in Kaadhal Virus?? The actual song wasnt mentioned for some reason. Does anyone knows/guess which song is that?

Just curious to know.....

Movies
4th June 2005, 10:39 PM
Scale,

YSR recent favourite ARR track is Janaganamana and Fanaa from Ayutha Ezhuthu. He is a secret admirer of ARR.

Scale
5th June 2005, 09:54 AM
Scale,

YSR recent favourite ARR track is Janaganamana and Fanaa from Ayutha Ezhuthu. He is a secret admirer of ARR.

WHAT ABOUT HIS FATHER ILAYARAAJA???? :lol:

IS HE TOOOOOO? :roll:

Movies
6th June 2005, 04:42 AM
No Ilayaraja is stubborn, He admires himself!

Scale
8th June 2005, 10:15 AM
CAN ANYONE TELL WHAT IS THE NECESSITY FOR ILAYARAJA AND KAMAL HASAN / DIRECTOR TO RE-HASH VANDE MATARAM IN MUMBAI EXPRESS???

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Scale
13th June 2005, 12:45 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL WHAT IS THE NECESSITY FOR ILAYARAJA AND KAMAL HASAN / DIRECTOR TO RE-HASH VANDE MATARAM IN MUMBAI EXPRESS???

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Still awaiting reply!

dinesh2002
13th June 2005, 07:45 PM
to proove IR too can be in par with ARR when comes to patrioticism???:P:P

Scale
13th June 2005, 09:35 PM
to proove IR too can be in par with ARR when comes to patrioticism???:P:P

Ungala kettena :banghead: Did you read the title of this thread??

My Q is adhi bayangara medhavinga rendu perum serntha teamla why to re-hash Vande Mataram? Is this experimental?? :( :( :(

btw, guys have u all heard various anthem versions of ARR & Bharat bala's productions "JANA GANA MANA".

http://www.rediff.com/broadband/2000/aug/29trans.htm

Bharat: We have a big army called Team Bharat Bala Productions which gets immediately into the excitement, and it is a major effort of the whole team put together.

Kanika: Plus A R Rahman!
Bharat: Yeah!

Kanika: I should also say that he voluntarily comes in these big ideas. He believes in them; he never questions them. It has a lot to do with his passion. And the time he spares from his other work! He put his heart and soul into this and is a part of the team with us. So it becomes almost, as Bala says, a Team Bharat Bala production!

Is it true that you and Rahman were the only people in the studio while recording Vande Mataram, the first album?
Bharat: Yes, that is absolutely true. It so happened that there was not a sound engineer or anybody (during the lunch break). So I was the sound engineer and he was the artiste recording and the artiste performing. And that's how it (Maa Tujhe Salaam) happened!

What were the recording sessions of the album like? There must have been fireworks out there.
Bharat: (laughs) It was.

Kanika: It was more than fireworks. I think that (amongst) all of the senior artistes, from Lata Mangeshkar to Pandit Jasraj to Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, there was no feeling of who they were or where they came from. A lot of people have asked us, 'Wasn't there a clash of egos?' The concept did not exist. They all literally came together and gave time for the recording and for the filming.

In fact, we took 60 artistes up to Ladakh to film the video of the National Anthem, the instrumental version. It was a 40-piece string section along with Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma, Vikku Vinayakram and all of the other instrumental maestros. And nobody questioned or said why is A R Rahman producing it? There were two generations of maestros, there were fathers and sons. It was a huge musical unification, which I think is one of the main reasons this anthem has so much of soul.

rajasaranam
16th June 2005, 05:22 AM
Scale,
Can you explain your question more elaborately, as i see nothing rehashed and ill try to answer, while you read this review of the music of HEYRAM :)
http://music.indya.com/reviews/film/hey_ram.html

Rama Raga

This is not music. It is history. It is a showcase of what true genius can achieve when it sets its heart on a goal. When violin maestro L Subramaniam walked out of Hey Ram, director Kamal Haasan invited his old friend Ilayaraja to compose songs that had already been filmed. In other words, the maverick musician had to create new tunes that occupied exactly the same space and playing time as the scrapped songs!

The way Hey Ram got ignored was extremely tragic. It speaks a lot about the ignorance that is fashionable among a section of self-styled critics in Mumbai that Ilayaraja�s brilliantly atmospheric music score, capturing all the tensions, tumult, passion, fury and tragedy of those violent times when the country got splintered in two, was written off as �uninspired� and �dull�.

Let us state once and for all that it is impossible for any composer in Mumbai to achieve what Ilayaraja has done in Janmon ki jwala thi tan mein. Man, what a melody! And what heights Asha Bhosle achieves as she goes at Sameer�s uncharacteristically articulate poetry! Hariharan gives Asha ample support. But this is primarily her song. And the composition is to die for. Note this Janmon ki jwala is one of the finest love ballads in the last five years. Ilayaraja hasn�t composed words, he has composed feelings in this unsurpassable and sweet ballad.

The Tamilian maestro breaks regional barriers with his raunchy lavni Asa ga madan gan, sung with aplomb by Anupama Deshpande and Preeti Uttam. Preeti (who is composer Uttam Singh�s daughter) shows her heightened raga skills in the midriff of the lavni and later, in Prem bin. The track Chaahe pandit ho chaahe kazi ho, about communal amity featuring Kamal Haasan, Hariharan and Jolly Mukherjee (who sing for Kamal, Shah Rukh Khan and Saurabh Shukla) conveys a quaint intimately epical feeling.

The classical maestro from Calcutta, Ajay Chakraborty, fills the soundtrack with sounds of fury in Har koi samjhe. Kamal Haasan is joined by his daughter Shruti for the title track composed and rendered as a riot of choler. It is angry and tempestuous. Just like the film. It is hard to believe that this score came to Ilayaraja by default when L Subramaniam opted out. Though Hey Ram is a film soundtrack, it is not a filmi score.

Barring the timeless Janmon ki jwala, the songs, music and dialogues are directly and indelibly linked to the film. How can we comprehend the significance of the sanyas mantra where Kamal Haasan�s voice merges with Hema Malini�s, unless we connect it to the proceedings on screen? Or Rani Mukherjee�s recitation of Jibonandadas' poem? It is woven into the brutal and tender fabric of this monumental film.

Subhash K Jha

njv
16th June 2005, 07:43 AM
Rajasaranam, thanks for the link. When I read the article, I sheded tears with out knowledge. Ofcourse tears of joy. Thanks

Nerd
16th June 2005, 08:04 AM
Rajasaranam, thanks for the link. When I read the article, I sheded tears with out knowledge. Ofcourse tears of joy. Thanks

:rotfl:

Scale
16th June 2005, 10:50 AM
RS! ARR Favourite songs next postla podurannu dimikki koduthiteenga :lol: !!!.

ANYways, WELCOME BACK...

Excellent Review!. Yes Ofcourse the whole album is HISTORY now. Tell me what are you trying to prove from that review. Do you mean that IR alone can compose better than anyothers in MUMBAI :lol: :lol:. What Heyram Musiccal review has got to do with the VM re-hash in Mumbai Express. For comparison, I can post many International reviews of ARR's, the reviewer itself mentioned that NO COMPOSERS IN INDIA (not just in MUMBAI) can compose like him in versatile... ROJA Proved BIG again after 12 years.

Scale,
Can you explain your question more elaborately, as i see nothing rehashed and ill try to answer, while you read this review of the music of HEYRAM :)
http://music.indya.com/reviews/film/hey_ram.html

Just get a CD of "JANA GANA MANA" 35 individual renditions & ARR VM's Vocal and Instrumental Versions(Bose too) OR ANY OTHERS. Now you tell me why IR/KH has to re-hash a VM funnily (ilu ilunu iluthirukkaru, nakkala). Is that what they claim experimental & a comedy movie (Mr.Bean??)?. What is the necessity for them to do this to VM. And the arrangements is like our School SPORTS Day "march-past". Just imagine if ARR would have composed something like this, naaru naara killuchirupeenga.(Reiterate Maa Maa Tujhe Salam - rendition allegations that time)

I Lost all respect to IR/KH after hearing this. They experimented comical VM but killed patrio**** :( .

rajasaranam
16th June 2005, 11:59 PM
[tscii:e785173222]OK the confusion was due to your use of word REHASH i thought you were pointing at the song as if IR-KH combo have rehased a earlier tune :roll:

re·hash tr.v. re·hashed, re·hash·ing, re·hash·es

1. To bring forth again in another form without significant alteration: rehashing old ideas.
2. To discuss again.

Ok leaving apart the meaning of the word. The scourge you have taken against this song has been already discussed and beaten to death in MX album thread.
IVe given pretty good no. of reasons for they doing so. If you have anything more to discuss you can do it so in that thread. :twisted:
[/tscii:e785173222]

rajasaranam
17th June 2005, 12:12 AM
my favourite ARR nos.
Alaipayuthey - all songs
Rhythm - all songs
Uyirae/Dilse - poongatrilae, satrangi rae.
Roja- Kadhal Rojavae, Pudhu vellai mazhai
Uzhavan- pennalla pennala, maari mazhai
KIzhakku cheemayilae - All songs
Pudhiya mugam - netru illadha, kannukku mai
Thiruda thiruda - Konjam nilavu, putham puthu
Minsara kanavu - vennilavae vennilavae
Bombay - uyirae, kannalanae
Gentleman- ottagathai, en veetu
Kadhalan - Ennavalae, muquala
Indian- telephone, pachai kiligal
Many more. I may have atleast 30-50 ARR nos. And most of the songs ive mentioned were my favourites at the time when they wer popular. dont know what ill say if i listen to them now :?
But songs like 'poongatrilae' 'vennilavae' will be all time favourites :)

rajasaranam
17th June 2005, 12:24 AM

Seems funny aint it :) Thats the way we revere our GOD :thumbsup:
Ofcourse you can :rotfl: we would just :notworthy:

Nerd
17th June 2005, 12:29 AM

Seems funny aint it :) Thats the way we revere our GOD :thumbsup:
Ofcourse you can :rotfl: we would just :notworthy:

RS, no offence meant.. The way he framed that sentance was funny to me.. My first reaction after reading that post was that.. btw, I m an ardent fan of both IR and ARR..:lol2:

dinesh2002
17th June 2005, 04:05 PM
RS...if u listen to that songs now without havin any hatred for ARR,the song sounds amazing,very good quality,seems like it just got released yesterday,the clearness,the freshness,the vocal,the beats...all are evergreen!!if u have 1 % dislike to ARR,and ur comment will be " nothing great,was just famouse that time,not listenable" 8)

interz
17th June 2005, 04:26 PM
all songs from alai paayuthe? you must be kidding.

dinesh2002
17th June 2005, 04:53 PM
all songs from alai paayuthe? you must be kidding.

whats so bad with Alaipayuthey...thats my most Fav album from ARR... :P

jabarullah
18th June 2005, 09:53 AM
one of the question

Unforgettable Moment?
Days I Worked with A.R. Rahman

jabarullah
18th June 2005, 09:53 AM
harris jayaraj interview

one of the question

Unforgettable Moment?

Scale
18th June 2005, 10:53 AM
[tscii:5c1c044660]OK the confusion was due to your use of word REHASH i thought you were pointing at the song as if IR-KH combo have rehased a earlier tune :roll:

re·hash tr.v. re·hashed, re·hash·ing, re·hash·es

1. To bring forth again in another form without significant alteration: rehashing old ideas.
2. To discuss again.

Ok leaving apart the meaning of the word. The scourge you have taken against this song has been already discussed and beaten to death in MX album thread.
IVe given pretty good no. of reasons for they doing so. If you have anything more to discuss you can do it so in that thread. :twisted:
[/tscii:5c1c044660]

I do have babylon, dictionary.com, free translation (multi-lingual) etc in my fav links. Also spell check, Thesaurus in MS-Word & Kutti oxford dictionary in my table.

No wonder even IR would have answered in similar fashion (isai medhavi allava). Would have appreciated if you have posted those MX thread links or copied here as reply.

Now I can read your mind well what would be your next reply to this post(Irrelevant! YSR Wedding reception link). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scale
18th June 2005, 12:19 PM
my favourite ARR nos.
Alaipayuthey - all songs
Rhythm - all songs
Uyirae/Dilse - poongatrilae, satrangi rae.
Roja- Kadhal Rojavae, Pudhu vellai mazhai
Uzhavan- pennalla pennala, maari mazhai
KIzhakku cheemayilae - All songs
Pudhiya mugam - netru illadha, kannukku mai
Thiruda thiruda - Konjam nilavu, putham puthu
Minsara kanavu - vennilavae vennilavae
Bombay - uyirae, kannalanae
Gentleman- ottagathai, en veetu
Kadhalan - Ennavalae, muquala
Indian- telephone, pachai kiligal
Many more. I may have atleast 30-50 ARR nos. And most of the songs ive mentioned were my favourites at the time when they wer popular. dont know what ill say if i listen to them now :?
But songs like 'poongatrilae' 'vennilavae' will be all time favourites :)

IR VALZHA! IR FANS VALZHARGA!! :lol: :rotfl: :lol:

dinesh2002
18th June 2005, 12:54 PM
harris jayaraj interview

one of the question

Unforgettable Moment?

i know y,coz he got a perfect source to copy from!! :P:P...every each bit in Hj songs r from ARR songs...ehheheheheh :lol: just kiddin guys!! :)

interz
18th June 2005, 04:22 PM
i got the alaipayuthe cd too, but it it just attracts dust. theres like 9 songs in alipayuthe, only 4 5 songs were good

dinesh2002
18th June 2005, 05:56 PM
machan,thats 1 album which have tunes which have won Filmfare awards twice - Both in Hindi & Tamil ....

all the songs was top class!! i pitty if u didint got atracked :twisted:

njv
19th June 2005, 10:54 AM
No wonder even IR would have answered in similar fashion (isai medhavi allava). Would have appreciated if you have posted those MX thread links or copied here as reply.

Now I can read your mind well what would be your next reply to this post(Irrelevant! YSR Wedding reception link). :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scale

You started this thread, probably with a good cause, but you are spoiling the thread. I felt bad that I decided to leave ARR forum, just because if its not IR then its ARR who I come to, but your postings repeatedly tells to stay away from this place.

Rajasaranam, my humble request. Dont post/reply in this forum. let them enjoy in their well.

Scale
19th June 2005, 11:50 AM

Scale

You started this thread, probably with a good cause, but you are spoiling the thread. I felt bad that I decided to leave ARR forum, just because if its not IR then its ARR who I come to, but your postings repeatedly tells to stay away from this place.

Rajasaranam, my humble request. Dont post/reply in this forum. let them enjoy in their well.

njv! I dont understand why you Fans especially IR Fans kku ippadi kuthuthunnu theriyala. Learn to accept the truth & fate. Vande Mataram Kola pannathu perusa theriyala vungalukku. Atha kelvi kettu IR/KH yum point panna mattum kovam pothu kittu varudhu.. Ironic!
Refer to all my posts and discussions & reply "am I spoiling the thread".

Come On! Ask anyone I have tried some worthy discussions & more info unwrapped abt IR & ARR. I never used filthy languagues or any personal offence on MD's or any hubber here. Even HJ was bombarded every now and then. ARR too in IR forums. If any of our ARR Fanatic caught trapped in IR's Forum or Current Topics, I wont instruct him to stop posting cowardly. I will (advice to) post some reasonable points to prove & If failed, l'll admit the facts.

RS! is more brilliant and a die hard fan of IR who has analysed every movement of IR passionately. His points are worthy and sometimes what I get irritated is that he intentionally try to divert the topic by giving irrelevant info and manytimes ignores what exactly needs to be replied. Itha vida mattama enna RS! pala thadava thittiirukkaru...

Anyhow njv! Sincere regrets to VM & If u have misunderstood what this Forum is about... This Forum will be alive even without IR Fans, discussing his songs too. And Will you ppl stay away from this forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scale
9th July 2005, 12:02 PM
Finally I got my TIS CD shipped y'day and I have waited till 00.00 am to hear it in peace due to lots of expectations from IR working on Thiruvasakam Symphony (guts venum) after 25 years of filmi music. And What makes me more Interesting is that he has collaborated with Budapest Symphony Orchestra,Lazlo Kovas,Richard King how music can break the language barrier. Not to forget TIS - IR Thread hubbers who have really brought interest into every non IR fan to buy this album and their volunteers against piracy. I should also admit that I have neither age, knowledge about Thiruvasakam & music to comment about this project. Still a heartfelt review.

This is the first time I am hearing to an IR's Composition without even hearing any samples b4. The reason is bcoz IR's TIS (IR fans dream) & also on an earlier impact.

When thalapathy was released, I was in 8th standard & my brother was in Xth and they got "Kunitha Puruvamum" in their Tamil Saiyyul. My tamil teacher who also teaches my brother told us that in Thalapathy "Adi Rakamma kaiya thattu song" has got this portion and every one in his class memerized it immediately & had written correctly. She was astonished and really appreciated IR for such an attempt in composing it made his students easy though she dont listen much(any) filmi songs. I still remember the lyrics & can write without an error even after 13 years. This was the impact made by the song to everyone of us. btw, My alltime IR-Fav is Thalapathy, bcoz this is the first album which made me to listen music with headphones.

With similar hopes & after heard enough filmi songs, this TIS definetly seams to be like a alien's composition (not knowing thiruvasakam, tamile maranthupochhu). IR was at his best in pronounciation, spirituality and in expression. Especially Muthunatranam Intro,CHORUS, Polla Vinayen variety, ENGLISH CHOIR & when IR & Bhavatharani were singing together. I cried, cried AT this instance. I feel definetly Bhavatharani has got the potential to lift the flag from his father to a successor than anyone(mannikavum,what I feel). I can feel the same emotions when ARR is singing.

This reminds me off an ARR saying, to become a successful composer(soulful music, melodies) its not just enough to be good in ragas & instruments, its also necessary that somewhere he/she should have faced a tinge of sorrow in their entire life.

The question arises now will this TIS make the same impact to me like many after 10 years. The major drawback is TIS subject & the Symphony restricts only to limited listeners and will it play in everyone's house religiously for a long time. Thats really pathetic when some great composition gets unnoticed due to our dappankuthu,peppy filmi songs favs of younger generations.

I would suggest anyone to keep TIS in their collection with the lyrics of those compositions and a translation must to get the real feel. ARR fans, give a listening to this and I am sure it will be under yr non-arr collection.

dinesh2002
9th July 2005, 12:41 PM
[tscii:082bd128b3]Godfather”-latest news - Friday, July 08, 2005 at 01:54
“Godfather”-latest news :

Hi Pals, now as the big project where for the first time Our Ultimate Star Ajit will play 3 roles, Godfather resumed. We are going to transmit you the latest buzz on this movie.

Mrs. Shalini Ajit is doing costume design for his husband but only for the half of the movie.

The best art director in India Thotta Dharani has erected a set of CLASSICAL BHARATHANATIYAM for a song in Hyderabad.

As we said in the latest article, the UNIT has left the day before yesterday to Hyderabad.

The heroine Asin and the cinematographer Priyan are yet to BOARD yesterday’s FLIGHT (likewise our Ajit ji). But if they missed it, there’s no problem : you all know the great manner of director KSR to make fast work for the making of the movie. If Asin and Priyan won’t be present today, K.S.R wouldl take up talkative portion of Kanika and Ajit duo ( reminder : Kanika will act opposite the father Ajit) and 2 songs would be picturized there.

And for the camera, Priyan’s assistants will take care of the works till he come.

Then for one of the highlight if this project : MUSIC, ‘Isai Puyal’ A.R Rahman has already finished 4 songs and 2 songs are yet to compose.The much awaited audio released is slated on Friday September 16th 2005 and audio rights are given to Meta Music. Though AR Rahman likes to take time for Background music, this will be the correct time and correct movie to wrap up on time.

It seems now all are much more scheduled finely to see this movie hit the theatres worldwide on Diwali 2005,With Attagasam last year, we have “Indha Deepavali, Thala Deepavali” …

The trend will not be changed this year : once more, this Deepavali is for Our Thalai, sorry…Our Godfather.

Note down this :

Godfather’s releasing date : 1.11.05 ( Diwali )

Godfather’s audio releasing date : 16.09.05

http://ajithfans.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=598
[/tscii:082bd128b3]

interz
9th July 2005, 05:03 PM
u never know when a.r rahman and ajith are included in movie project.

Scale
13th July 2005, 08:47 PM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=167477#167477

nilavupriyan
16th July 2005, 02:33 PM
for all your information..arr and ir had studied music in same college at different periods.
trinity college of london.
arr studied there(with scholorship)

ilayaraja finished his degree with gold medal and honours

u all know ar.rahman didnt conduct the orchestra in royal philharmonic studios as good as ilayaraja.

another thing.ilayaraja's 400th film is nayagan(1987)
his first film is annakili(1977)
in 10 years he have scored 400 films...
so nearly 35-40 films per yearso.,3-4 films per month.but arr does only 5-6 films per year.

arr is a good technician who mixes some beautiful sounds to the tune
but ilayaraja is a pure musician.a great genius

dinesh2002
16th July 2005, 04:41 PM
for all your information..arr and ir had studied music in same college at different periods.

u all know ar.rahman didnt conduct the orchestra in royal philharmonic studios as good as ilayaraja.

so nearly 35-40 films per yearso.,3-4 films per month.but arr does only 5-6 films per year.

machan,im sorry to say this...but with just 50 -70 albums ARR manage to get 4 ( that too 1 award for a NORTH album )national awards,and IR with 1000 albums (???) only 3 national award???:P:Pwith that 50 - 70 albums,ARR manage to get recognition all over the world......its pitty with some if u immature IR fans spoil the whole gang's name....as i know,if ur a fan of a great musician,u appriciate good music,(so far as im ARR fan,i CAN APPRICIATE ALL MD'S songs,if they r good)...even IR fans too r like that...but with a glimpse of people like u....no wonder a war can start...!!!i pitty IR For having a fan like u.....

nilavupriyan
16th July 2005, 09:55 PM

machan,im sorry to say this...but with just 50 -70 albums ARR manage to get 4 ( that too 1 award for a NORTH album )national awards,and IR with 1000 albums (???) only 3 national award???:P:Pwith that 50 - 70 albums,ARR manage to get recognition all over the world......its pitty with some if u immature IR fans spoil the whole gang's name....as i know,if ur a fan of a great musician,u appriciate good music,(so far as im ARR fan,i CAN APPRICIATE ALL MD'S songs,if they r good)...even IR fans too r like that...but with a glimpse of people like u....no wonder a war can start...!!!i pitty IR For having a fan like u.....
hi.u mistook me.i love ar.rahman songs too.proud that he was from tamil nadu.but talent wise i believe that ilayaraja is far above.
u talk about national award.shivaji has got no national awards.but saif ali khan has got one.is saif ali khan better than shivaji.?
ilayaraja has given evergreen songs than any otehr music directors.thats the fact.he has given a symphony easily before which ar.rahman is trying hard.

atlast...
ar.rahman is technically sound
ilayaraja is musically sound

Scale
16th July 2005, 10:20 PM
nilavu!. eppadi ungalala mattum mudiyuthu

1) Kamal Vs Rajini (Tamil films thread)
2) Kamal Vs Ajith/Vikram (Tamil films thread)
3) Kamal Vs Shah Rukh (Indian films thread)

ippo IR Vs ARR (ARR thread). maanji maanji post seyreengha. Anna university studenta neenga! :lol: parthuppa

Reg, ARR technician & IR composer, check the following link. Many thanks to jai! again

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=162268&highlight=#162268

TFM Rules: U need to check earlier posts before making any comments in the thread.

MADDY
17th July 2005, 12:03 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :wave: :wave: :wave:

naan varalappa intha velayaattukku........

dinesh2002
17th July 2005, 07:39 AM
priyan priyan priyan,enna solarathune teriyalaye...if ARR just a sound engineer,how come he is so famouse,and his tunes are good & more complex compared to IR?? y???actually ur comparing on the symphony wise only...ur not comparing in other ways,IR might be better in doing symphony all,but ARR's songs r much richer with great intruments & complex tunes...for instance u take any ARR songs u can alwiz discover a new instrument each time u listen to it....even dir shankar said this during his last interview for Jaya tv....anywayz,its up to u guys to like ARR or not!...but remember...ARR is def on the same par with IR!!

MADDY
17th July 2005, 10:15 AM
Al Maddath Maula & Main vari vari (Rising) == 10 symphonies :D

nilavupriyan
17th July 2005, 11:58 AM
priyan priyan priyan,enna solarathune teriyalaye...if ARR just a sound engineer,how come he is so famouse,and his tunes are good & more complex compared to IR?? y???actually ur comparing on the symphony wise only...ur not comparing in other ways,IR might be better in doing symphony all,but ARR's songs r much richer with great intruments & complex tunes...for instance u take any ARR songs u can alwiz discover a new instrument each time u listen to it....even dir shankar said this during his last interview for Jaya tv....anywayz,its up to u guys to like ARR or not!...but remember...ARR is def on the same par with IR!!
heyy.i didnt mean him just as sound engineer only.his tunes are really wonderful too.or else how can he become the no.1 music director.its different.but when u consider pure music and usage of natural musical instruments(piano,guitar,veena,tabla,violin),ilaya raja is better to rahman.
ok.leave it.anyway im happy that after ilayaraja we have got some prodigy to fill his space.

u read my words wrongly
i said "arr is technically sound"
not "arr is only technically sound"

sivakumar99
21st July 2005, 05:38 PM
My favor'te from ARR is

sevanam chinna poo - pavithra
kannathil muthuamital - kannathi muthamital

from bharathwaj :

thaya ethani kallam - pandavar bhoomi
avar avar - pandavar bhomi

from karthik raja

chellema chellam endral

ullaam kollai poogthey - ullaam kollai poogthey

karthik_sa2
26th July 2005, 10:57 PM
basically i am a hardcore fan of IR.i wud rate arr next to him only.but certainly the latter is also very talented no issues on that.if IR was a trendsetter in 80's,arr was a trendstter in 90's.but the king of music in tamil cinema is MSV who laid the road for both raja and arr.talking about the combos,i like arr-spb combo,obviously IR-spb combo,MSV-TMS combo.recently my favourite MD has been YUVAN.yuvan will be the trend stter in 2000's

rajasaranam
26th July 2005, 11:49 PM
Yuvan TrendSetter :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

njv
27th July 2005, 01:59 AM
I agree with Karthink regarding YUVAN.He wont be a trend setter, but will be the most successful in this decade.

Arjuna
27th July 2005, 02:02 AM
"YSR trendsetter" Kali kaalam - lol

http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com/

Jacky
27th July 2005, 02:46 AM
For Yuvan to be the most successful MD of this decade, Selva must make 3-4 movies per year. I don't see either of it happening.

A.ANAND
27th July 2005, 06:24 AM
yuvan trend setter!!!!?????kartik,nalaa sarayam potirukiyya??i also like ysr music.his music like arr ealyer 90's style music...if you say he is trend setter no wayma...

sureshc
27th July 2005, 09:02 AM
any idea about Ramesh vinayagams next movie?? Its not in news anywhere?

Scale
27th July 2005, 11:22 AM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=180206&highlight=#180206

Karthik rombo pesikittu iruntharu, oru twist kkagha inghe valai virichen (check the following posts of his "Mozart of Asia" ). maatikittan... :hammer: :lol:

Welcome RS! :thumbsup: after a long time & thanks for your counter post :clap: . We ARR Fans are so much grateful to RS, the one & only HCIR Fan never supported either YSR/KR blindly :thumbsup: .

Solravangha sonna thaan silaperukku puriyum pola :D ..

Sanjeevi
27th July 2005, 04:18 PM
Even YSR is not a trendsetter now, he has the potentiol and skill to set a new trend. He is the most famous amoung youngers. Only, he has given lot of fans after IR & ARR. In BGM & Songs, he is better than any other Young MDs.

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 04:19 PM
In BGM & Songs, he is better than any other Young MDs.

agree with u 100%!

karthik_sa2
27th July 2005, 07:26 PM
Karthik rombo pesikittu iruntharu, oru twist kkagha inghe valai virichen (check the following posts of his "Mozart of Asia" ). maatikittan... Hammer Laughing

Welcome RS! Thumbs Up! after a long time & thanks for your counter post Clap . We ARR Fans are so much grateful to RS, the one & only HCIR Fan never supported either YSR/KR blindly Thumbs Up! .

Solravangha sonna thaan silaperukku puriyum pola Very Happy ..

hey scale
i dont blindly support anybody.and i wonder y u have posted "maatikitaan"?!?!yes i was supporting IR in that thread and i will support IR in any thread..he is the best and u have got to accept the reality.he is a musical genious and compared to him arr is nothing.i accept that arr gave many hits in 90's and they were good too but neenga<media and some MTV'ish people like u>compared him with IR and called him a trend setter.so i thought y not i call yuvan the trend setter.afterall he has also given lot of hits in a short span of time.in 80's IR started the trend soft melodies,graamiya vasanai padalgal etc with exceptional use of violins,pianos etc.in 90's arr started the trend of keyboard sequenced very attractive music with great audio clarity and good tunes too.now in 2000s yuvan has started the trend of youth based music.i accept as of now he is not a trend setter yet but certainly he has the potential to be the trendsetter.especialy after listening to some of his phenomenal rerecordings in 7g,i thought he surely has the talent in him to be a trensetter.

karthik_sa2
27th July 2005, 07:36 PM
uvan trend setter!!!!?????kartik,nalaa sarayam potirukiyya??i also like ysr music.his music like arr ealyer 90's style music...if you say he is trend setter no wayma...

naanga arr thavira vera yaara support pannalum ungaluku saarayam potu paesra madhiri dhaan irrukum.but naan saarayam pota ippadi ellam paesa maataen innum galeege'a varum vaarthaigal.u want me to do that?

Scale
27th July 2005, 08:24 PM
U support anyone, I dont mind. IR is a Maestro and the whole tamilnadu knows about him. Being an ardent fan of ARR, I cant lend my ears quiet of someone bashing ARR MOZART OF ASIA & making fun of it. I really pity you saying that IR himself cannot be called as MozOAsia, which shows yr ignorance.
Note that title was not given by me or any ARR fan. He has gained to that level for his diverse compositions,versatility which broke all linguistic barriers. Even today there are so many fans all over in north india, srilanka, pakistan, bangladesh, and middleeast countries listen to his album so passionately not even knowing one word in tamil. None of the producer or any audio company(Sony) will hesitate/regret to sign ARR .

Is Media giving more hype to ARR? :lol: :lol:

Do you know ARR is working on TLOR Stage version which none can even dream of it. Is it bcoz of the media hype?

Do you know that he has sold millions of albums similar to MJ, Britney Spears, Madonna etc. Is it bcoz of the media hype?

Do you know that he is doing a 3rd Dimension World Tour Conert in UK, Australia, India, USA, Canada, Srilanka & Bangladesh.
Is it bcoz of the media hype?

He has won 4 national awards, 17 filmfare awards etc in just 13 yrs which none of the MD has got yet. Is it bcoz of the media hype? http://www.geocities.com/musicalrahman/awards.html

He has got Padmashree honours. Is it bcoz of the media hype?

Did you hear Airtel ring tone and you know how ppl went crazy towards it? Is it bcoz of the media hype?
http://www.airtelworld.com/airworld_downloads_ads.jsp (THE MAKING OF AIRTEL RINGTONE)

Do you know he has composed for Bombay dreams, WOHE (Chinese), & an album with Vaneesa Mae (violinist).
http://www.time.com/time/columnist/corliss/article/0,9565,1013198-1,00.html
http://www.sonyclassics.com/warriors/en/making_arrahman_bio.html
http://www.vanessa-mae.nu/choreography.htm

Its not fair you pick someone of similiar or more talented (in achievements too) to bash (ignorantly) in favour of your fav MD when really drowning.

Thats the reason why I invited you here & also to get clarified:
R u a KH fan?.

Jacky
27th July 2005, 10:17 PM
"in 2000s yuvan has started the trend of youth based music"

Yuvan hasn't started any trend. Youth based music was given in early and mid 90's by ARR like Kadhalan, Thiruda Thiruda, Rangeela, Kadhal Desam. Even post 2000 the best youth based music was AE and Boys. Yuvan is not even poor man's ARR yet. The only trend post 2000 is Dapankuthu which is revived by VS.

njv
27th July 2005, 10:29 PM
Scale

Cool down. It takes time and reasoning to understand. I am HC IR fan and personally enjoyed lot of ARR albums,but due to the "Ego" we have developed, I always bashed ARR. After TIS release (ARR turned up to TIS meeting with in 24 hrs of meeting, who would do this man, especially considering the height he is in right now) I am more open on criticizing/appreciating ARR albums.

Also, please dont call ARR Mozar of Asia. The way I see it

Bach is Venice's Illayaraja

So ARR will also be unique in his own way and oneday ppl will call

Mozar is Venice's ARR

So... stay cool.

njv
27th July 2005, 10:44 PM
Having said that, please dont start Mozart vs Bach war.

karthik_sa2
28th July 2005, 12:08 AM
support anyone, I dont mind. IR is a Maestro and the whole tamilnadu knows about him. Being an ardent fan of ARR, I cant lend my ears quiet of someone bashing ARR MOZART OF ASIA & making fun of it. I really pity you saying that IR himself cannot be called as MozOAsia, which shows yr ignorance.
Note that title was not given by me or any ARR fan. He has gained to that level for his diverse compositions,versatility which broke all linguistic barriers. Even today there are so many fans all over in north india, srilanka, pakistan, bangladesh, and middleeast countries listen to his album so passionately not even knowing one word in tamil. None of the producer or any audio company(Sony) will hesitate/regret to sign ARR .

Is Media giving more hype to ARR? Laughing Laughing

Do you know ARR is working on TLOR Stage version which none can even dream of it. Is it bcoz of the media hype?

Do you know that he has sold millions of albums similar to MJ, Britney Spears, Madonna etc. Is it bcoz of the media hype?

Do you know that he is doing a 3rd Dimension World Tour Conert in UK, Australia, India, USA, Canada, Srilanka & Bangladesh.
Is it bcoz of the media hype?

He has won 4 national awards, 17 filmfare awards etc in just 13 yrs which none of the MD has got yet. Is it bcoz of the media hype? http://www.geocities.com/musicalrahman/awards.html

He has got Padmashree honours. Is it bcoz of the media hype?

Did you hear Airtel ring tone and you know how ppl went crazy towards it? Is it bcoz of the media hype?
http://www.airtelworld.com/airworld_downloads_ads.jsp (THE MAKING OF AIRTEL RINGTONE)

Do you know he has composed for Bombay dreams, WOHE (Chinese), & an album with Vaneesa Mae (violinist).
http://www.time.com/time/columnist/corliss/article/0,9565,1013198-1,00.html
http://www.sonyclassics.com/warriors/en/making_arrahman_bio.html
http://www.vanessa-mae.nu/choreography.htm

Its not fair you pick someone of similiar or more talented (in achievements too) to bash (ignorantly) in favour of your fav MD when really drowning.

Thats the reason why I invited you here & also to get clarified:
R u a KH fa

hey scale
am i ignorant!!? Mozart has composed 7 symphonies.think now u will realise where IR and ARR will stand compared to mozart.even IR has accepted he can be nowhere near the legendary mozart in the thiruvasakam function held recently<i was actually there in that unction>so comparing IR,ARR to mozart is higly ridiculous and shows ur ignorance.atleast there is some sense in comparing IR but no way ARR.
i only said the media hype is a little too much for him and never said he lacks talent.all these 3d concerts,TLOR stage,vanessa mae,chinese bla bla can be done even by IR.only thing is he lacks initiative and never like too much praise on him.also he is a higly egoistic charcter and never get along with anybody easily.otherwise he wud have done thousands of such concerts anywgere in the world.eveybody knows how IR's albums sold in 80's.he was a king during that time.awards cannot judge a person.even MGR has won national award.wht do u say on that?in thiose days there was no media dominance.so people in bombay or london cud never get to know about IR's works but thesedays u know how media plays an important role in promoting music.latest songs with videos r shown in sun,ktv etc right away anywhere in the world.thats how peple in north cud recognise arr's works.whereas IR had no such media promotions those days.ellathayium keboard'la sequence panni vaasikradhu paeriya vishayam illa.he has to laern to use pianos,violins etc.natural instruments'la vara sweetness keyboard'la ennikum varadhu.u know how IR composes he sits up and write notes for any songs without even playing them.u can check out this website to know more on what ir has contributed http://www.raajangahm.com/irbio.html
arr is a talented musician,ir is a musical genious,mozart is a musical legend.first understand this difference between them.BTW ia m a hardcore kamal fan.y?r u arajini fan?do u want another heated arguement.lets not do that.they r all talented and earn praise,awards and money for thier works.r they going to give part of their salary to us bcos we support them.so lets not fight.lets not have a heated arguement."we can never win an arguement"

karthik_sa2
28th July 2005, 12:13 AM
Scale

Cool down. It takes time and reasoning to understand. I am HC IR fan and personally enjoyed lot of ARR albums,but due to the "Ego" we have developed, I always bashed ARR. After TIS release (ARR turned up to TIS meeting with in 24 hrs of meeting, who would do this man, especially considering the height he is in right now) I am more open on criticizing/appreciating ARR albums.

Also, please dont call ARR Mozar of Asia. The way I see it

Bach is Venice's Illayaraja

So ARR will also be unique in his own way and oneday ppl will call

Mozar is Venice's ARR

So... stay cool.

"mozart is venice's arr" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
just kidding naa????

njv
28th July 2005, 02:04 AM
"mozart is venice's arr" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
just kidding naa????
Why not? Just listen to Mozart albums and ARR albums. If the former makes you happy, keep buying Mozart albums.

Mozart is probably the god of music,but for millions of Tamil people IR and ARR are god. I am "pachchai" thamilan.

Jacky
28th July 2005, 02:10 AM
What has IR done after the National media started recognizing South Indians? He was quite happy to score for village themed movies. Nobody cuffed him, he could have very well made something like HTNI. He's quite a temperamental person and sometimes hits so low on motivation which reflects in his work. That was the reason Media ignored him. But when he makes TIS the media is overwhelmingly supportive. If IR wants his share of National media space he must give what they want like a Dilse, Taal or Laagan or come up with some amazing Orchestral work. There's nothing to complain about lack of promotion/hype when he scores for Thankar Bachan, Bala and others.
Don't look down on ARR who worked hard to reach where he is today. There's no free lunch, even if it's IR!

Scale
28th July 2005, 10:48 AM
Karthik!, reg KH fan,

I will never get into any other threads except ARR when there is a necessity to put some valuable points on ARR.

There is a false allegations everywhere that only Kamal & Co are more curios to bash ARR. Except Vasanth_luv everyone here proves it again and again. Even I have met many KH fans personally. Its really strange how you ppl can accept KH taking inspiration from HW movies and on the other side supporting only folk music and natural instruments (id't understand what do u mean by natural instruments). When he does, it is acceptable. If anyothers attemps, thats a crime. Right! Thats why I asked.

Pls dont bring Rajni Vs kamal here and you are always welcome to discuss about ARR & any other MD's in this thread. List me your fav's of MSV, IR, or any.....

Scale
28th July 2005, 10:59 AM
njv! he will never understand.

He dont even know what is the scope of a MD in indian film industry & only at a later stage IR has come to compose for a symphony doing film music for 25+ years. Do you mean to say that in these 13 years the media is biased praising only ARR & ignored IR. Isnt he still in the race?

The comparison of Mozart & ARR is only the fame, a musical revolution created at an early stage what ARR has achieved in a short duration and for his diverse compositions, experimenting skills and nothing to do with symphonies.

Have you ever heard 24 genres of music what only ARR have composed in India?
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/52340

Roja was rated among Top Ten Best Film Soundtracks in Times magazines.

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100movies/0,23220,soundtracks,00.html

Above all, I will be proud to say how appropriate to compare ARR with Mozart on the following quotes

"Scientists have proved that listening to Mozart makes you more intelligent " (True Indeed).

interz
12th August 2005, 01:41 AM
dont make this thread die its an interesting thread.

dinesh2002
12th August 2005, 05:24 AM
atleast there is some sense in comparing IR but no way ARR.
i only said the media hype is a little too much for him and never said he lacks talent.all these 3d concerts,TLOR stage,vanessa mae,chinese bla bla can be done even by IR.only thing is he lacks initiative and never like too much praise on him.

the thing is,no one approached IR for all these projects, thats y u r burning there, i can understand, come on man..its been 13 years & u guys still say he is talented MD,and not a musical genious which he is...1st, try to listen to ARR songs as a normal person, not as certain IR fan(the once who hate ARR) and def not as Kamal fan!! he can praise baratwaj for 'Vasool Raja' below average album & condemn ARR's one of best 'Indian' album! :roll:

dinesh2002
12th August 2005, 05:40 AM
some facts :

Vannesa Mae, a great violionist comment on ARR :

The Indian touch

To depict the `complex allure' of Indian dance music, Mae has collaborated with A. R. Rahman (and his team of musicians, including Shrinivas, Umashankar and Sriram) to compose a track called "Raga's Dance." The elevating track begins with a light hum and base notes of the mridangam before speeding up when the violin begins its job and what proceeds is an energising `jugalbandi' between the two distinct genres of music.

What is amazing is the manner in which the violin merges with the `raga'. Towards the end, all hell breaks loose when a musical mayhem between the Western orchestra and Carnatic rhythms reaches a crescendo before mellowing down and leaving the listener go back all over again and listen to the track.

Unlike the typical Rahman tunes, this one does not take too much time to grow on you.

On her experience of working with Rahman, Mae says, "He is full of energy and on-the-go at all times. We built on the track slowly but when we got there, both of us were equally pleased with the way Raga's Dance turned out." She adds, "Rahman had written some violin flourishes minutes before I entered the studio and this made the song more enjoyable. I loved working with him as he is a composer who puts the artistes first and composes notes around them." Well, it sure shows in the track.
www.hindu.com/thehindu/mp/ 2004/11/20/stories/2004112001930200.htm

when a great musician like her can praise ARR, comments from podi paiyan will not bothered!! :wink: , and one interview she mentioned her most fav song in the album choreography is Raga's dance from ARR!!!

Director Steve Plimlott says, "Rahman is a melodic genius, and I don't use the word 'genius' very often. In India, people say he's their Mozart, and it's sort of true." The star studded premiere show was attended by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, his wife Madeliene Webber, socialite Ivana Trump, director Shekhar Kapoor, pop star Bob Geldof, actor Sir Michael Caine, TV personality Sir David Frost, Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, Naseeruddin Shah, Subhash Ghai from Bollywood, musicians Talvin Singh and Nitin Sawhney, Industrialist Laxmi Mittal, former Miss World Diana Hayden among others and ended with a standing ovation being accorded to Rahman and Webber.The critics, fans and the press were almost unanimous in their praise of Rahman's music in Bombay Dreams. The CD rose to No. 6 on Amazon's sales charts.

http://members.tripod.com/gopalhome/arrbio.html

sureshc
19th August 2005, 12:35 PM
when is ramesh vinayagams next film project?