PDA

View Full Version : WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TALK ABOUT BOLLYWOOD MOVIES?!?!

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:46 PM
THOSE ARE INDIAN MOVIES AND THE BEST INDIAN MOVIES!!

HindustaniLadka
19th May 2005, 12:47 AM
I definetly agree with you on that. Bollywood films are by far the best in India. There is no comparison between them and regional films. I would love to talk about htem here, but not many people seem interested.

chaotic whisperz
19th May 2005, 11:31 PM
I definetly agree with you on that. Bollywood films are by fart the best in INdia. There is no comparison between them and regional films. I would love to talk about htem here, but not many people seem interested.

I think you are by far the smarter person in this forum

Sandeep
20th May 2005, 10:31 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Cinefan
20th May 2005, 11:32 AM

Hi,long time,no see. :D How are you?

P_R
20th May 2005, 01:05 PM
I definetly agree with you on that. Bollywood films are by far the best in India. There is no comparison between them and regional films. I would love to talk about htem here, but not many people seem interested. Now that we have cleared that up, we can perhaps proceed on discussing Hindi films !

Saw 'Hazaron Kwaishein Aisi'. It was very good. Not just because I go to Hindi films with low expectations but even on absolute terms. It had an unseen starcast, I liked the music. The whole thing was rather novel and I strongly recommended it to friends who were caught in the busy schedule of Kya Kool Hai Hum, Waqt, Bose and Kaal.

Who's this guy Sudhir Mishra > What other movies has he made ?

Cinefan
20th May 2005, 04:58 PM

Dharavi(Madhuri dixit&Om puri I guess),Is Raat ki Subah Nahin(Tara Deshpande,Ashish Vidyarthi,Saurabh Shukla)&Calcutta Mail(remake of a lousy chiranjeevi movie called 'Chudalani undi'with Anil Kapoor,Manisha&Rani Mukherji)are the three movies which come to mind.He might have done more films.

Surya
21st May 2005, 12:49 AM

It is nice to see u! Even if it is when u are in a very self distructing act....:?

HindustaniLadka
21st May 2005, 09:17 AM
Have any of you guys seen Vaada?

lordstanher
22nd May 2005, 09:16 AM
'just wish I cud see Swades! The story (of SRK returning to India giving up living in the US) reminds me of myself-cos even I decided to ultimately return to Ind. after living in S'pore for 2 years! :D
'wish I cud do sumthing like wat he does for our country in the movie tho!

Girish11
25th May 2005, 05:37 AM

Dharavi(Madhuri dixit&Om puri I guess),Is Raat ki Subah Nahin(Tara Deshpande,Ashish Vidyarthi,Saurabh Shukla)&Calcutta Mail(remake of a lousy chiranjeevi movie called 'Chudalani undi'with Anil Kapoor,Manisha&Rani Mukherji)are the three movies which come to mind.He might have done more films.

Hi Cinefan,

How good are the movies Dharavi and Is raat ki subah nahin?
Never heard about these movies, will appreciate your feedback.

Rgds.

ramsri
26th May 2005, 10:56 PM

he also directed 'Chameli' (kareena kapoor - rahul bose) ... a film which supposedly showcased ms.kapoor's acting talents (i use the term loosely!). anyway, haven't seen it, would love to hear comments from you guys.

chaotic whisperz
27th May 2005, 10:41 PM
kareena couldnt act if her life depended on it

sanjay
15th June 2005, 02:10 PM
WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TALK ABOUT BOLLYWOOD MOVIES?!?!

b'cos they are JUST NOT WORTH talking about.

chaotic whisperz
15th June 2005, 08:22 PM
WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TALK ABOUT BOLLYWOOD MOVIES?!?!

b'cos they are JUST NOT WORTH talking about.

like hell they arent

compare a bollywood movie to any other of those crappy lame a$$ movies..... everythin is better

no one wants to see ugly ppl like those in all those other kinds of movies.....................

so bun dat

kidils
24th June 2005, 09:43 PM
No one talks abt bolly movies cuz they r mighty boring.

chaotic whisperz
24th June 2005, 10:13 PM
no, you my son are "mightly boring"

for real........ who talks like that??

kidils
24th June 2005, 10:53 PM
If you are so adamant about talking bolly movies there are tons of bolly forums around...why bother people who are not interested in watching bolly films?

chaotic whisperz
28th June 2005, 08:23 PM
If you are so adamant about talking bolly movies there are tons of bolly forums around...why bother people who are not interested in watching bolly films?

i can post about whatever the hell i want and you cant stop me........... if you didnt notice, this board is call INDIAN FILMS and last time i checked Bollywood was in India..................................... and FYI: there are others who are interested in Bollywood films........................... so if you are not interested in Bollywood films, then do not post in my thread about Bollywood films

Bollywood films...Bollywood films...Bollywood films...Bollywood films...Bollywood films...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nilavupriyan
1st July 2005, 06:18 PM
Heyy.in bollywood movies what do they show.just a big family.
one leader of the family.two pairs of lovers.A group dance.thats it!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have u seen "sethu" in tamil and hindi.U can find the meaning of "nativity and naturality".
:lol: U r the guys who just copy foriegners in dressings too :lol:
But tamilians and malayalees wears dhoti.They watch both masala and art movies.but u...hehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
U all say sharuk is a nice actor.he only stammers.
watch kamal,mohan lal,mammoty and vikram.then post.ok???

lordstanher
2nd July 2005, 01:58 PM
Heyy.in bollywood movies what do they show.just a big family.
one leader of the family.two pairs of lovers.A group dance.

And nearly always, has to be a Punjabi group dance! :wink: :lol2:

:lol: U r the guys who just copy foriegners in dressings too :lol:

Tats quite a valid point! Most Bollywood movies nowadays strangely hav the actors having brown hair (inc. sum of the older characters as well! :shock: ).....as a case point, chek out the actors in 'Mujse shaadi karogi'......the lady playing the heroinez (Priyanka Chopra's) mother has blonde hair to boot!
And not just dressing but even walking, talking & thinking like they're Westerners....even the Sarees tat bolly heroines wear don't seem to hav ne traditional flair in them!
Heck, even most of the film sets in the movies look like the ppl. r living in the West! :roll:
I daresay most of todayz Bolly movies look as if they hav ABCDs acting in them 'cos therez gradually very little Indian u see in most of them barring the fact tat they still speak Hindi...... :lol2:
I much prefer watching Bolly movies of the '70s/ '80s....or even early '90s types to the new ones......!

But tamilians and malayalees wears dhoti.

Um.....actually they usually wear Veshti/Lungi....? :D Sum telugu movies still hav the actors wearing dhoti tho.....and of course, u still find girls/women wearing 'pavadai' & Sarees, jasmine flowers etc. in them! :wink:

U all say sharuk is a nice actor.he only stammers. watch kamal,mohan lal,mammoty and vikram.then post.ok???

Actually I personally feel tat Shahrukh is far better than the macho brawny types like Salman, John Abraham, Dino Morea et al.......!
And donno abt Mohan lal but I find Kamal still better than the otherz even in today's gen..... :wink: :D

nilavupriyan
2nd July 2005, 04:45 PM
thanx for ur support.

bengali dance with music similar to shaba shaba in all movies.rubbish hindi movies.hindi people dont have creativity i think so........

MADDY
2nd July 2005, 11:16 PM
Mr.Nilavupriyan,can u elobarate who r hindi ppl.????

Hindi heartland comprises of MP,Rajasthan,UP,Bihar and that's it....Delhi is a remote hindi land.......all other states have their own culture, dresses, food, language.......so pls xplain who r these hindi ppl. who r in Films and who dunt have creativity????

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 07:41 AM
Mr.Nilavupriyan,can u elobarate who r hindi ppl.????

Hindi heartland comprises of MP,Rajasthan,UP,Bihar and that's it....Delhi is a remote hindi land.......all other states have their own culture, dresses, food, language.......so pls xplain who r these hindi ppl. who r in Films and who dunt have creativity????heyy maddy.i didnt mean all north indians.i say about all those bollywood **** in bombay.i accept that in rajasthan,and in other areas of north india they live with their culture and nativity.
i say about the bombay **** only

chaotic whisperz
3rd July 2005, 07:58 AM
y'all are just FOBS..............

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 08:03 AM
haha.do u think all who wish to be traditional are folbs.huh!
know onething the software market depends on 1)bangalore
2)chennai
it will tell who are brilliants and who are just showy people wearing even vests in the western world style :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MADDY
3rd July 2005, 09:54 AM
nilavu......Bombay is the commercial hub of india.....if bombay goes for a break then India goes for a toss.....do u know that????

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 10:32 AM
maddyyy
im not talking about the importance of a place but the brilliance of the persond present there.ok???????????/

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 10:33 AM
maddyyy
im not talking about the importance of a place but the brilliance of the persons present there.ok???????????/

MADDY
3rd July 2005, 12:15 PM
if ppl. residing in Mumbai r not brilliant then how come that city is touted as no.1 city in the country......ppl. work hard and bring city up.......so mumbai is gr8 bcos of its ppl......

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 12:39 PM
do u know many people staying at mumbai are south indians.especially tamilians

lordstanher
3rd July 2005, 05:44 PM
Bombay is the commercial hub of india.....

LOL.......AFA I know its the commercial sex hub of India....... :wink: :lol:

lordstanher
3rd July 2005, 05:46 PM
if ppl. residing in Mumbai r not brilliant then how come that city is touted as no.1 city in the country......ppl. work hard and bring city up.......so mumbai is gr8 bcos of its ppl......

Ha! Yea it does look gr8 from the outside but most of us know wat its like on the inside! :wink:

MADDY
4th July 2005, 12:58 AM
stop being a hypocrite lordstanher.....r there no red light areas in Vizag and other cities in India???? y just call Mumbai a sex hub....it was in a divine city like Kancheepuram, the case of sex and murder came up..........how do u answer this???

HindustaniLadka
4th July 2005, 08:06 AM
Anyway, Bollywood is by far the best film industry in India. No other fim industry in India comes anywhere near it in every aspect. Bollywood films are loved all over India(North, South, East and West) and they are loved in many foreign countries all over the world, which include, Russia, the MIddle East, Some Eastern European countries, Southeast Asia, South America, Africa and they are gaining more and more of a presence in the Wester world every day. Anyway, my point is that bollywood is the largest film industry in teh world and it is second only to hollywood in all other aspects(Hollywood is very far ahead in many things though).

HindustaniLadka
4th July 2005, 08:09 AM
stop being a hypocrite lordstanher.....r there no red light areas in Vizag and other cities in India???? y just call Mumbai a sex hub....it was in a divine city like Kancheepuram, the case of sex and murder came up..........how do u answer this???

These red light areas are becoming problems in all Indian cities from Coimbatore to Amritsar. There is not point in blaming one city for all the trouble. Also, if Mumbai people were so terrible...it would not be the No.1 city in India. The best people from all over India go to Mumbai and make their contributions to the city. It shows how great India would be if we stopped all this North-South hatred, etc...

HindustaniLadka
4th July 2005, 08:14 AM
do u know many people staying at mumbai are south indians.especially tamilians

They are the sole reason why Mumbai is great...Mumbai is great becasue people from all over India go there and make their contributions...

Many people think that people form the South are better because most of the major cities are in the South. The only reason that tehcities are in the South is because the entrie Soutehrn part of India is surrounded by India... the Northern parts are more inland, so it is hard for cities to grow without ocean access. Indians(North and South) are among the most intelligent people, if not the most, on Earth...in almost every country Indians immigrate too, tehy become one of the wealthiest groups. Anyway, my point is that we are all the same and no Indian is better than another based on what corner of the country he/she is from.

lordstanher
4th July 2005, 08:32 AM

Maddy, of course there is prostitution in Vizag or other cities , but tell me....how many ppl. all over India know abt red light areas in Vizag (or even Hyderabad), whereas red light area of Bbay (Kamathipura or sumthing?) has been known nation-wide & of late, even worldwide.......do u deny the large no. of AIDS & other STD cases reported to be occuring in Bbay by worldwide sources?? In fact many of the girls/women even in remote parts of the South r trafficked into the red light area of Bbay......! How do u answer this??
As for the Kancheepuram case, its obv. a remote & not-too-frequently occuring incident, considering the fact tat one such incident from a place like tat became news, as opposed to similar incidents tat must be occuring on a relatively regular basis in cities like Bbay tat they seldom tend to make it to the front page headlines ne more!
Ppl. might be supportive of Bbay jus bcos it houses most of the much adored Bollywood stars & happens to hav the past glory of being one of the 1st developed cities in India!
Neways, its upto u as to how u see it.....!

HindustaniLadka
4th July 2005, 08:37 AM
The only reason we hear more about the red light district in Bombay is because it is the most famous city in India. As for the AIDs thing...the Media greatly exxagerates it. Considering India's population, it has the same percentage of AIDs infected people as America(around 0.0004%). People are just trying to make India look bad by bringing up things like AIDs...

lordstanher
4th July 2005, 08:41 AM
The only reason we hear more about the red light district in Bombay is because it is the most famous city in India.

Maybe, but also bcos the RL district there has the largest nation-wide sourcing network/operation.

nilavupriyan
4th July 2005, 12:12 PM
heyy.another thing.in mumbai rowdism is at its peak.the major gangsters keep stay there.there is a problem of security.

whereas in other metropolitan cities its less.especially in chennai ,the law and order is very good.

nilavupriyan
4th July 2005, 12:14 PM
Anyway, Bollywood is by far the best film industry in India. No other fim industry in India comes anywhere near it in every aspect. Bollywood films are loved all over India(North, South, East and West) and they are loved in many foreign countries all over the world, which include, Russia, the MIddle East, Some Eastern European countries, Southeast Asia, South America, Africa and they are gaining more and more of a presence in the Wester world every day. Anyway, my point is that bollywood is the largest film industry in teh world and it is second only to hollywood in all other aspects(Hollywood is very far ahead in many things though).dont suggest the quality of films by number of people watching it
people speak hindi more than sanskrit.is hindi better than sanskrit.no!
sanskrit is the classical language(tamil too is a classical language)
so,we r talking about the class of films.not the amount of people watching.ok???????
in class of movies tamil and malayalam are far ahead.

lordstanher
4th July 2005, 12:28 PM
heyy.another thing.in mumbai rowdism is at its peak.the major gangsters keep stay there.there is a problem of security.
whereas in other metropolitan cities its less.especially in chennai ,the law and order is very good.

Not really! There r gangsters/rowdies in Chennai too.....plus I was told more cases of house break-ins in Chennai comp'd to Bbay.......and needless to say Auto drivers in Chennai deserve to be hanged! :evil:
Not sure abt common rowdism in Bbay but I do know tat many Int'l smugglers & Dons hav made it their preferred abode & area of operation!

lordstanher
4th July 2005, 12:40 PM
Bollywood films are loved all over India(North, South, East and West) and they are loved in many foreign countries all over the world, which include, Russia, the MIddle East, Some Eastern European countries, Southeast Asia, South America, Africa and they are gaining more and more of a presence in the Wester world every day.

HL: tat is bcos, as I said earlier, Bollywood films r becoming more & more western in their outlook/music/actors' appearance et al......letz face it, most of the Bolly posters u look at hav a resemblance of Hollywood, wich I daresay seems to be getting stronger w/ time......most of the Bolly actresses r beginning to look closer to Western ones in their features & figures (most of the men- esp. SRK- seem far better at retaining their 'desi' appearance tho!) :wink: :lol2:
This is apparently the secret of Int'l popularity of Chinese movies as well.......viz. Jackie Chan etc....the storylines, settings, actors' garbs etc. r all close to those of Western movies so they attract more int'l attention even if ppl. can't understand the language......of course, Bolly movies hav a greater advantage bcos of the songs in them, unlike 'foreign' movies.....! :D

HindustaniLadka
5th July 2005, 02:21 AM
Anyway, Bollywood is by far the best film industry in India. No other fim industry in India comes anywhere near it in every aspect. Bollywood films are loved all over India(North, South, East and West) and they are loved in many foreign countries all over the world, which include, Russia, the MIddle East, Some Eastern European countries, Southeast Asia, South America, Africa and they are gaining more and more of a presence in the Wester world every day. Anyway, my point is that bollywood is the largest film industry in teh world and it is second only to hollywood in all other aspects(Hollywood is very far ahead in many things though).dont suggest the quality of films by number of people watching it
so,we r talking about the class of films.not the amount of people watching.ok???????

What do you mean by "class"?

chaotic whisperz
5th July 2005, 02:23 AM
wtf?? what shyte are y'all talkin in my thread????????????????/

HindustaniLadka
5th July 2005, 02:25 AM

Why don't you make a post that is worth reading for once?

chaotic whisperz
5th July 2005, 02:27 AM

Why don't you make a post that is worth reading for once?

why dont you shut the hell up?

HindustaniLadka
5th July 2005, 02:30 AM
LOL...who are you to tell me to shut up?

nilavupriyan
5th July 2005, 07:12 AM

What do you mean by "class"?quality

HindustaniLadka
5th July 2005, 08:03 AM

What do you mean by "class"?quality

In overall quality, bollywood films are definetly ahead. Only a small number of South films are taken with good quality(some Kamal Haasan and Venkatesh films)...there are hundreds of high quality bollywood films and bollywood films are less likely to be horrible which South films tend to have a 90% hance of being terrible.

nilavupriyan
5th July 2005, 11:17 AM
hello.quality doesnt mean the range shown in the film or the money used.
quality depends upon the quality of story and acting.

in recent times all who got national award are either tamilian or malayalee

kamal-3 times
mohan lal-2 times
mammooty-3 times
vikram-1 time
another actor i forgot his name.the investigator in indian.
a malayalee-he got once.
bengali movies are also good
u dont make movies with nice stories and good acting.
thats what i say.

MADDY
6th July 2005, 08:26 PM
Hindustaniladka.......tamil movies are the most technically superior movies in India ever since Maniratnam came into the scene......we have all the best technicians-
P.C.Sriram, santhosh sivan,Ravi.k.chandran-camera
A.R.Rahman - Music
Directors - shankar, Maniratnam, Selvaraghavan(Next gen)
Sound engineers- H.Sridhar,Sivakumar

and the list goes on.........just watch a movie called Anniyan in tamil and u'll find Matrix lesser to it in fight scenes....such is the quality now.....

nilavupriyan
6th July 2005, 08:32 PM
Hindustaniladka.......tamil movies are the most technically superior movies in India ever since Maniratnam came into the scene......we have all the best technicians-
A.R.Rahman - Music

and the list goes on.........just watch a movie called Anniyan in tamil and u'll find Matrix lesser to it in fight scenes....such is the quality now..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

rami
7th July 2005, 11:19 AM
Ya Maddy is absolutely right...

Maddy I think u forgot to mention music Directors...
Yuvan, Harris, Ilayaraja, ARR Each of them have their own style of making music. They are not copy cats like ANU MALIK

When u compare bollywood with kollywood, bollwood scores a big 0.
Name a single good movie from Bollywood recently that has all good ingredients in it..

Only if Amir khan or Sanjay leela bhansali take a movie, it is atleast watchable.. But here there a numerous new talented people coming up.
Films like Raam, 7G, Anniyan, Kaakka Kaakka, Pithaamagan have all been made here recently and prove the talent of people...[/b]

Alien
7th July 2005, 11:45 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: I just noticed this , Ur topic is "Why doesn't anyone here talk abt Bollywood movies?!?!", And folks here r discussing the reasons 4 why not? :lol:
Perhaps u shuld have started a thread like "Talk here abt Bollywood movies" , then u could be expecting others to talk as u expect :wink:
:P

nilavupriyan
7th July 2005, 05:55 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: I just noticed this , Ur topic is "Why doesn't anyone here talk abt Bollywood movies?!?!", And folks here r discussing the reasons 4 why not? :lol:
Perhaps u shuld have started a thread like "Talk here abt Bollywood movies" , then u could be expecting others to talk as u expect :wink:
:Pnice idea.he is also dry as bollywood directors

HindustaniLadka
8th July 2005, 08:56 AM
A.R.Rahman - Music

and the list goes on.........just watch a movie called Anniyan in tamil and u'll find Matrix lesser to it in fight scenes....such is the quality now.....

And...how many Tamil movies are taken with all these effects and with htese people in the film crew? Only a small number. On the other hand, most bollywood films these days are taken with a good cast and crew and they have good effects. My point is that even if one or two Tamil movies are technically superior, Bollywood films are technically superior overall since the majority of them use great casts and crews.

nilavupriyan
8th July 2005, 09:04 AM
A.R.Rahman - Music

And...how many Tamil movies are taken with all these effects and with htese people in the film crew? Only a small number. On the other hand, most bollywood films these days are taken with a good cast and crew and they have good effects. My point is that even if one or two Tamil movies are technically superior, Bollywood films are technically superior overall since the majority of them use great casts and crews.
hey!all those above technicians have worked more tamil movies than hindi movies.it means that more tamil movies have come up with good standard than hindi movies.
do uknow what is comment given by times on nayagan
"the photography and the direction of the film will make the hollywood directors jealous" .even times have accepted the quality.ok?

MADDY
10th July 2005, 08:07 AM
hindustani ladka, ur not getting my point, the guys i metnioned r the best...i did not even mention Illayaraja there cos ARR is the best now but IR is all time gr8.......the other guys r also very talented and make good subjects....whereas in Hindi there is no successor to R.D.Burman, ther is no successor to SRK....so future looks bleak in hindi

chaotic whisperz
13th July 2005, 10:20 PM
dont yall understand what the mans tryin to say?????????// yall suck.................... :lol:

SURESH90
15th August 2005, 08:31 AM
I USED TO SEE LOTS OF B FILMS IN THE 90'S BUT NOT ANY MORE I DONT LIKE IT, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO IMITATE H FILMS. AND IT IS SO STUPID, BUT I HAVE TO SAY OFCOURSE THERE IS FILMS THAT ARE GOOD.
AND THERE FILMS DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH INDIA, ITS ALL TOO FANCY
JUST LIKE THE DRAMA CALLED BOMBAY ------- IT USED TO PLAY UK
AND WHEN THEY TRYED TO PLAY IN THE NEW YORK,USA IN BROAD WAY THEATERS THEY DID FOR FEW WEEKS OR MONTHS BUT THEN THEY HAVE TO PACK UP.
THE REVIEW BY THE SOME AMERICAN DRAMAINSTITUTE AND MAGAZINE SAID IT IS TOO FASHINABLE, THERE IS NOTHING MUCH THAT RESEMBLE INDIANS OR THEIR CULTURE.

SO IN MY OPNION IT IS KIND OF FANTASY WORLD , AND WANT TO EXPOSE WOMEN IN ORDER FOR THE FILM TO BE GOOD.

IT IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.

lordstanher
18th August 2005, 07:50 PM
I agree.......most Bollywood films today (ie, barring the likes of Baghban, Swadesh etc.) r but nearly total copies of Hollywood movies.......the film locales/environments (commonly being shot in foreign countries!), the appearance & even behaviour of the actors (who look way too far away from being Indian.......they look more like sum confused ABCDs w/ their brown dyed hair, western attires etc.!), even many of the stories/plots sound far too distant from India or being Indian.......!
IMHO, the last truly Indian B'wood films were until the early/mid '90s (I seldom like to watch ne B'wood movie after the '70s/early '80s).........the only connection w/ being Indian is tat the actors still speak Hindi! :lol2:
Gone r the days when B'wood stories used to be simple/straightforward w/ naturality & nativity in the actors.......the turn of the century has witnessed B'wood films turning predominantly Western & becoming far too alienated from India.....mostly featuring Big hunky muscled/biceped men looking wet & sweaty & women who r totally western from the outside as well as inside turning brazenly kinky........! :evil:
I guess its small wonder tat B'wood films r so much admired by foreign audiences today, to the extent of surpassing H'wood in popularity! :lol2:

nilavupriyan
18th August 2005, 08:29 PM
I agree.......most Bollywood films today (ie, barring the likes of Baghban, Swadesh etc.) r but nearly total copies of Hollywood movies.......the film locales/environments (commonly being shot in foreign countries!), the appearance & even behaviour of the actors (who look way too far away from being Indian.......they look more like sum confused ABCDs w/ their brown dyed hair, western attires etc.!), even many of the stories/plots sound far too distant from India or being Indian.......!
IMHO, the last truly Indian B'wood films were until the early/mid '90s (I seldom like to watch ne B'wood movie after the '70s/early '80s).........the only connection w/ being Indian is tat the actors still speak Hindi! :lol2:
Gone r the days when B'wood stories used to be simple/straightforward w/ naturality & nativity in the actors.......the turn of the century has witnessed B'wood films turning predominantly Western & becoming far too alienated from India.....mostly featuring Big hunky muscled/biceped men looking wet & sweaty & women who r totally western from the outside as well as inside turning brazenly kinky........! :evil:
I guess its small wonder tat B'wood films r so much admired by foreign audiences today, to the extent of surpassing H'wood in popularity! :lol2:

everything is fine....but the last one is too much

Hyderbadi
21st August 2005, 09:31 AM
They already surpass hollywood in popularity around the world. People in South America, Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Russia and Asia love them. Either way, I like hollywood much better , since the films are clearly better in almost every aspect(i wish the actresses looked as good as the ones in bollywood films :D ).

As for the thing where bollywood films hav ehteir actors immate westerners, i also find that a bit irritating because people all over India watch the movies, and hten start doing the same thing and htey end up looking like fools.

nilavupriyan
21st August 2005, 09:40 AM
They already surpass hollywood in popularity around the world. People in South America, Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Russia and Asia love them. Either way, I like hollywood much better , since the films are clearly better in almost every aspect(i wish the actresses looked as good as the ones in bollywood films :D ).

As for the thing where bollywood films hav ehteir actors immate westerners, i also find that a bit irritating because people all over India watch the movies, and hten start doing the same thing and htey end up looking like fools.
u r too funny.........where do u see bollywood type of movies?in tamil nadu i guarentee that there is no bollywood type of movies.......in kerara i will guarentte that they have their own style.

in andra they have a bit of tamil nadu style and a bit hindi.

avtually its bollywood people who copy hollywood,tamil nadu and keralese stories........

Hyderbadi
22nd August 2005, 03:03 AM

u r too funny.........where do u see bollywood type of movies?in tamil nadu i guarentee that there is no bollywood type of movies.......in kerara i will guarentte that they have their own style.

in andra they have a bit of tamil nadu style and a bit hindi.

avtually its bollywood people who copy hollywood,tamil nadu and keralese stories........

People all over India watch bollywood films...i wasn't talking about "bollywood style" films. Bollywood films are fine for the most part(much better tahn other industry films atleast), but the quality of some of them is going down. Eitherway, bollywood films are much less likely to be horrible than Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada films. 90% of the non-bollywood Indian films i ahve seen have been terrible. Around 50% of the bollywood films i have seen were terrible...so, when it comes to Indian cinema, i am sticking with bollywood for now.

SURESH90
2nd September 2005, 04:50 AM
IT IS THE WORSE MOVIE IN INDIA , THAT IS WHY THEY ARE NOT GETTING MUCH HITS LIKE BEFORE..

THEY MADE THIS ONE MOVIE IN AMERICA WITH SUNJAY DUTT, AMITHAB BECHUN, SUNIL SHUTTTY. THEY WERE TRYING TO Make another holly wood film, this movie was worse i ever seen.

now there is another one called DUS. how can these peole stand this type of films in india?
atleast most of the malayalam films shows the true face of india and decent story.

SURESH90
2nd September 2005, 04:58 AM
those hindi film writers have to watch hollywood movies to come up with a story. when do they going to learn to make their own story. every hindi movie i see has a story from some movie from hollywood. to all the writers, go sit in the streets and look around, use your perception to come up with a story dont sit in front of the television to see engligh films to write.
this is what you guys called a good films of india?

Hyderbadi
2nd September 2005, 09:28 AM
those hindi film writers have to watch hollywood movies to come up with a story. when do they going to learn to make their own story. every hindi movie i see has a story from some movie from hollywood. to all the writers, go sit in the streets and look around, use your perception to come up with a story dont sit in front of the television to see engligh films to write.
this is what you guys called a good films of india?

You guys cosntantly say this and that is flawed in bollywood films. Lets start talking about wat is wrong in tamil films.