PDA

View Full Version : Whats the all fuss abt SEQUELS???

Rahul B
17th May 2005, 07:27 PM
Every month the Malayalam film industry announces a sequel.When I thought May is going to be a month without any announcements on this matter,there comes another SEQUEL.

MANATHE KOTTARAM - 2

Dir Sunil comes back.Now most of the small time directors are trying bring sequels out the uno hits in their career.

This is the ninth sequel announced within an year after CBI 3.
I think the Malayalm film industry feels this is the only way to get out of crisis.Ravanaprabhu & Sethuramaiyer CBI brought this trend (I mean bringing sequels continously).I think the writers are totally drained out of script or characters.So they try to bring the same old thing with a seal of a sequel on it.For Eg RAVANAPRABHU & CBI 3 wouldn't have been such a big hit if it didn't have the predecessor's fame and the characters in it.

Now our superstar Mammotty,is the leading guy in this pack of actors of bringing sequels.

MAMMOTTY -

CBI 4
Balram v/s Taradas
Kottayam Kunjachan 2
Thommanum Makkhalum 2

MOHANLAL is bringing a sequel too with Naadodikaatu 4 (The most expected sequel of all Malayalam films).here is a news that Sathyan Anthikad told Lal to get trimmed so as to get his old Ramdas look thus will give time 4 Sreenivasan to write.There is a news that he is playing a guest role in the sequel of his Record Hit , Kilukkam which is quiet unlikely.Its KILUKILUKAM with Jayasurya,K Boban & Kavya Madhavan and is directed by Sandhya Mohan.Scripted by Udayakrishna - Sibi K Thomas.

SURESH GOPI'S relaunch vehicle is also a sequel with the title of his most famous character "BHARATHCHANDRAN IPS".Prequel (Commissioner) is Dir by Shaji Kailas and Scripted by Renji Panickar.Now the Sequel is totally by Renji Panickar (his debut directorial venture).

Along with Maanathe Kottaram 2,Dileep & Johnny Antony also announced CID Moosa 2.

Now JAYARAM should take a list of all his movies he acted and find out a movie worth for a Super Hit Sequel.I think "WITNESS 2",
"Meleparambil Aanveedu 2" etc would be good choice. Otherwise he will sink in this flood of flops.

PRIYADARSHAN told his view on this RAINING SEQUELS.I think SEQUEL means the continuation of a film which has an uneven ending like for Omen & Kireedom.Both these movies have an ending which keeps the audience mind eager to know what happens to the "lead character" ie Damien Thorn & Sethumadhavan in future.Both Films had a worthy sequel to clear those thoughts.While for movies like CBI,Scream etc We can't call it series.If a case or incident begins and ends within the film,Then those films don't need a sequel to show what happens to the lead character.The sequels are just like series in a bigger screen. I cant direct a sequel because I have never let any of my audience to leave the hall with such future thoughts.Only one film did it.It was Vandanam.But I can't make a sequel because it will kill the beauty of the film.So I feel our industry guys are just tryinga short cut to get a huge initial.Thats all.So I don't belive in sequels.

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:22 PM
ive never heard of any of those movies

but sequals always suck and are never as good as the first