PDA

View Full Version : What Next For Rajnikant?

Poornima
5th May 2005, 04:57 PM
after chandramukhi's super success, talks are already taking rounds on rajnikant's next movie. a project with dharani for am rathnam, one with saran for kavithalaya and one with raja for editor mohan are the top-line assumptions at this point of time. but i personally feel that post-CM, it calls for a major shift in rajni's acting career. this success can actually prove disastrous if not taken in the right perspective.

one, CM has proved that a rajni movie actually doesn't need the patronage of his so-called die-hard fans who like to see him doing superhuman stunts and political propaganda for it to be successful. this, no doubt, is a good sign. it can bolster an initiative towards better films from his side, where he can play his age (even almost) and still be dignified and thoroughly entertaining. something like how bachchan graduated to more mature roles.

but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days. understandably, he has to keep the star charisma intact with run-of-the-mill entertainers. he can probably do all-out actioners/comedies and follow them up with some off-beat stuff, by turn. it's time for him to shun teen heroines on screen, the cigarette flicks and sunglass swiping and go back to where he left last at dharmadurai and dalapathy. and please, no more stupid graphics (i've always wondered whether there are actually people who like such stuff. why would he keep repeating this? as someone who admires him, it's a big embarassment watching such scenes). also it's time he turned to young prodigies like selvaraghavan for an image makeover.

he doesn't have anything to prove, maybe. but he certainly owes one to the admirers of his talent. admirers who've always maintained that he has always been a brilliant actor who never got his due. but the big question is, would he take cue or just return to k.s. ravikumar for another bandaa special?

what's your take?

Cinefan
5th May 2005, 05:19 PM
Well Poornima,I am no Rajni fan(as you will know) but your post was interesting enough for me to come here.The main point is, for Rajni's career to take a different way,the price of his products HAS to come down.As long as there is pressure on him(from himself or others)to deliver films which rake in the moolah like no man's business,the dilemma,the long gaps,the indecisiveness will remain.He has to first decide whether he is motivated enough to do films.If yes,what's the motivation-Money or satisfaction of having exploited atleast a little of his potential.He has delivered huge commercial successes,it's the talent which has taken a beating.To start with,he has to forget the money,then thro the media, condition his fans&public alike that his next movie will be different.Price it low,cut the trappings&media hype,get a image makeover&then release it.It might become a disappointment but it won't pinch the pocket.Do it over 3 to 4 movies&the public will get used to it.But Dharani,Raja&KSR are not the right kind of ppl to do that.I have not seen CM,so cannot say if he has indeed tried to move away(a little)from the image trap( the trailors don't seem to give any indication of this)but if he has,it's a step in the right direction.To move further is in the hands of fans like you. :D

Raghu
5th May 2005, 05:37 PM
Poornima

I agree with your post, it would be great to c superb* star do a DON type of films like Baasha, but I am not keen on the fact that he sings duets with youn heroines, he is simple too cool & old for this, this applys to his fellow senior Kamal ji too!

after seeig CM , esp the vetai Raja Rajni, I just went back about 20 years ago to remember what a great & talented actor he was, he is an actor par excellence
but some thing went wrong from mid 90's, his fans expect extraordinary image from him, he had to live
with it, he is and was in dharma Sankatam state, i really feel sorry for him at times, due to the immense pressure inflicted on him
from has fans, after all, he is a human being not a super man

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th May 2005, 05:44 PM
//but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

1)proof? for bachan's image smaller in his end-hero days??

1a)if so why wasnt CM released all over india?

2)is he being bigger a PROBLEM? i thought u will think the otherway. he he

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th May 2005, 05:51 PM
but some thing went wrong from mid 90's, his fans expect extraordinary image from him, he had to live
with it, he is and was in dharma Sankatam state, i really feel sorry for him at times, due to the immense pressure inflicted on him
from has fans, after all, he is a human being not a super man

Please read this post in a neutral way. The pressure rajni faces was once created by him, his punch dialogs, but he himself realaised and bit underplayed in CM, which i liked, but some disagreed that its not an old rajni films...leave it there.

Now rajni is very calm, and CM success also made hm happy.

what i feel is he must stop acting, come to politics. Thats it,
If not now, atleast after 5 yrs.That too will excite his fans.

Raghu
5th May 2005, 08:09 PM
//but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

2)is he being bigger a PROBLEM? i thought u will think the otherway. he he

Bachan's fame was largley due to the fact he acted in the national Language film(hindi), which has wider audience than regional languages like , so every actor acted in Hindi is known to all in India, even actors like Govinda.

But from south, many normal mumbai wallahs;s don't know much south Indian actors, except Rajni,Kamal and Chranjeeve(to some extent), this applies to all, SPB is a far better singer than Rafi, if u ask a mumbai wallah, he would not know who SPB is, but all of them would have heard his voice and his blockbusters like Maine Pyar Kiya, saajan, Ek Duche kiliye,..etc. , but all Indian know who Rafi is cos he sang in the national language(hindi) so he was bound to famous no matter what, if SPB was born and bought in delhi and became Hindi singer, and Rafi in south, it would be totaly different story!

Did Amitabh act in Tamil film? :shock:
Did Rafi sing any mallu /Tamil song? :shock:

The fact remains, that Rajnikanth is the HIGHEST paid actor in India, does it not prove something? :!:

Crab
5th May 2005, 08:10 PM
Now rajni is very calm, and CM success also made hm happy.

what i feel is he must stop acting, come to politics. Thats it,
If not now, atleast after 5 yrs.That too will excite his fans.

Sorry machi, ungaali padam Chandramuki oothikichi... Minimum Guarantee kooda collect pannele in NSC-Chennai (source - sify) :poke:

Tamil Politics pathi rasini thathavukku enna theriyum? :huh: Ramadas' votes have been PROVEN to be more than a match to rasini's "prepaid" fanclubs...
:cry:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th May 2005, 08:17 PM
But from south, many normal mumbai wallahs;s don't know much south Indian actors, except Rajni,Kamal and Chranjeeve(to some extent),

So why cant rajni try north india too???he he he

//Did Amitabh act in Tamil film?
Did Rafi sing any mallu /Tamil song? //

Ha Ha Ha even arnold didnt act in tamil.so he is not great than ur rajni, huh?

//The fact remains, that Rajnikanth is the HIGHEST paid actor in India, does it not prove something? //

surely. it proves that sify is a rajni jalra.

Raghu
5th May 2005, 08:32 PM
But from south, many normal mumbai wallahs;s don't know much south Indian actors, except Rajni,Kamal and Chranjeeve(to some extent),

So why cant rajni try north india too???he he he

//Did Amitabh act in Tamil film?
Did Rafi sing any mallu /Tamil song? //

Ha Ha Ha even arnold didnt act in tamil.so he is not great than ur rajni, huh?

//The fact remains, that Rajnikanth is the HIGHEST paid actor in India, does it not prove something? //

surely. it proves that sify is a rajni jalra.

Thanks , you have indeed proved your intelligence, after all I was expecting this from Crap(B)s and his fellow aquatics.

GOOD BYE

Sanguine Sridhar
5th May 2005, 08:33 PM
Imayamalai :lol:

m_23_bayarea
6th May 2005, 01:36 AM
I heard that Rajini is gonna act with Dharani and KS RaviKumar. I am sure Dharani's movie will be more of an action packed one like DHOOL, where Rajini can really do all his tricks and satisfy his fans completely, provided the screenplay is good. And with KSR, if at all he decides to do JAGGUBHAI, it will be more of a performance-oriented role (Playing a terrorist). So it looks like he's gonna mix both aspects of it.....

Nerd
6th May 2005, 01:53 AM
Rajni on CM's audio release told that Jaggubhai's story was similar to baadshah and thence he dropped that.. What the heck.. who cares.. that wud hav been another blockbuster like baadshah.. but i personally feel that its high time rajni decides to do some performance oriented movies.. not like CM of course.. something like mullum malarum where he excelled in his performance and his heroism with his dialogue delivery and all..

nickraman
6th May 2005, 03:31 AM
He should focus more on retirement, CM was sooo retarded, it's all song and dance, no plot, no theme, vulgar jokes continue, Old men dancing like Big "B" and flirting with young girls, the list goes on....

Jyothika stole the show, not Thatha, not Gunda, not Sunda [slang for sundari]

Alien
6th May 2005, 08:50 AM
ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poornima
6th May 2005, 12:07 PM
crab, nickraman and vasanth_luv, this is the first time i'm talking to you and i hate myself for that. but please, you guys have had varying degrees of success in tanking the other discussion. i request you to please stay off this one at least, if your sole agenda in life is to get frustrated at rajnikant's continuing success and cutting sorry figures in front of others. you can carry your good work in other threads, please.

"but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

2)is he being bigger a PROBLEM? i thought u will think the otherway. he he"

proof - bachchan's flops after his comeback as hero:
mrityudaata, kohraam, suryavamsham, laal badshah, major saab, aks, boom and more. the only hit as hero has been bade miyan chote miyan, that too largely for the david dhawan - govinda draw. i'm talking about the movies where he played hero, before he moved to character roles.

CM was not released all over india because there is no solid audience for south indian movies in the north. because it was not dubed, because it wasn't made as a bilingual, because the producers didn't want it to probably... what's the point? when i say rajni is a bigger star than bachchan after his comeback, i mean to say amitabh CANNOT ensure an initial pull for his solo starrers in any part of india similar to the one which is guaranteed for a rajni movie in the south. this is in no ways to discredit bachchan, who acording to me is the greatest star-actor this country has ever seen.

he being a bigger star is INDEED a problem for him as an actor. unlike kerala, where mohanlal and mammootty can experiment with their roles and still rake in the money, rajnikant is at a disadvantage being in tamil nadu where he's expected to tread a particular route time and again. bachchan could move to better, performance-oriented roles 'coz he was smart enough to realise that his days as angry young man were over and he made a quite shift. and it paid off. rajnikant's days as the formulaic hero are far from over, as the mega success of CM proves. you get the drift?

Crab
6th May 2005, 12:16 PM
crab, nickraman and vasanth_luv, this is the first time i'm talking to you and i hate myself for that. but please, you guys have had varying degrees of success in tanking the other discussion. i request you to please stay off this one at least, if your sole agenda in life is to get frustrated at rajnikant's continuing success and cutting sorry figures in front of others. you can carry your good work in other threads, please.

"but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

mrityudaata, kohraam, suryavamsham, laal badshah, major saab, aks, boom and more. the only hit as hero has been bade miyan chote miyan, that too largely for the david dhawan - govinda draw. i'm talking about the movies where he played hero, before he moved to character roles.

CM was not released all over india because there is no solid audience for south indian movies in the north. because it was not dubed, because it wasn't made as a bilingual, because the producers didn't want it to probably... what's the point? when i say rajni is a bigger star than bachchan after his comeback, i mean to say amitabh CANNOT ensure an initial pull for his solo starrers in any part of india similar to the one which is guaranteed for a rajni movie in the south. this is in no ways to discredit bachchan, who acording to me is the greatest star-actor this country has ever seen.

he being a bigger star is INDEED a problem for him as an actor. unlike kerala, where mohanlal and mammootty can experiment with their roles and still rake in the money, rajnikant is at a disadvantage being in tamil nadu where he's expected to tread a particular route time and again. bachchan could move to better, performance-oriented roles 'coz he was smart enough to realise that his days as angry young man were over and he made a quite shift. and it paid off. rajnikant's days as the formulaic hero are far from over, as the mega success of CM proves. you get the drift?

rasini thatha is not as big as you think... Ramadas' votes are bigger than Rajini's fanclub membership!! :poke:

I think its high time he retires quietly without much ado to avoid any more shame or disastrous confrontation with Kamal films

Rajini never grasped TN politics... so he is not fit for that... His style is outdated, so he is not fit for cine career too...

Dhanush maaplekku manjal araithu kodukka time selavu panna vendiyadhu thaan inime...May be, his second daughter may act as heroine in a Kamal film.!!! :clap:

Baba's losses have removed all profits and goodwill receied form Rajini's films in the nineties... Now that Chandramuki is struggling to even recover its Minimum Guarantee (source - sify)... its end of options for Rasini thatha (in Rediff's words)

After baba's destruction, many Rajini fanclubs were converted into Ajith fanclubs in southern districts....Now there are 20,000 registered fanclubs for Rajini and almost 50,000 registered fanclubs for Ajith!!!!

Alas... history will remember rasini thatha as a loser...nothing more nothing less

Clearly, its a different world now!!!!

:thumbsup:

Shoba
6th May 2005, 02:10 PM
I believe what Rajini needs is a good Director. May be K. Balachander could do a Swayamvaram like movie by getting hold of all his former & present proteges.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th May 2005, 03:45 PM

1)no one can stop others from posting the threads. if moderator deletes some persons post and is single mindid, then one can open a seperate thread for it. thats the speciality here, u cant close some ones mouth, and vice verse.

2) To put it simple, the success of rajni lies mainly in his speed and style, which he lack very much now......apart, he is/was a vasoolraja in TN & places where Tamilians reside. and to some extent in Japan too.Thats not a gr8 acheivement when comparing all india level.......there were & are VAsoolrajas all over india in different kinda states\categories. Rajni has not givena Titanic, not He is not an All-Indian Star, He may be known\bit famous in all parts of india, like kamal.Thatsall. Rajni can draw paralells but cannot be trmed the most BO claiming Star of india.

Kamal has multiple talentsm got sufficient failiures which were considered worthy classical, meaning and bringing his filmi talents and versetailities, This i known all over india. He works in multiple Filmi departments and almost succeded in all including mass hero ship and BO conquirement. In that way, Rjani cant be compared withKamal itself, i indial level. So comparoing, or bringing Amithaabh in linies between Rajni's capability is an all indian ridicule.

Sanguine Sridhar
6th May 2005, 03:48 PM
I believe what Rajini needs is a good Director. May be K. Balachander could do a Swayamvaram like movie by getting hold of all his former & present proteges.
Rajini shld work under K.S.Ravikumar/Dharani

Poornima
6th May 2005, 05:00 PM
"Kamal has multiple talentsm got sufficient failiures which were considered worthy classical, meaning and bringing his filmi talents and versetailities"

god, why are you hell-bent on this, man? is this discussion about kamal's talents??? please don't trigger another rajni-kamal debate here 'coz this is not the thread for that. why don't you just take a hike and post a thread on how big a hit his next movie is going to be in ettuppatti and timbuktu??

and bachchan was brought in 'coz there was a question whether rajni should take bachchan's route and try more serious roles. what national ridicule are you talking about? however hard you close your eyes, the fact remains that are only three superstars in india now - rajnikant, chiranjeevi and shah rukh khan, not necessarily in that order.

again, the topic we are on is about what his movies should look like from now.

Alien
6th May 2005, 07:11 PM
I'm feeling disgusted to talk 2 u poornima :banghead: , but i have 2 reply 2 u. I do have the freedom 2 talk what i want, here, and i didn't yet utter a single word abt this topic. I found nick's post very funny, so i replied with smileys, of course anyone is allowed to do that, apart from conversing abt the thread topic. Thats all.

If i were to say something about this topic, which of course i can as a tamil movie goer, i would say for everyone's good rasini shud retire from film industry and shudn't show his face ever again in screen whatsoever. If rasini would do that then it will definitely end up in Tamil cinema producing more good movies, which now only a very few like Kamal,Mani... r doing. Thats what i've got to say abt this topic 8) :? .

Nerd
6th May 2005, 10:50 PM
poornima sorry for the digression

vasanth_luv

// If rasini would do that then it will definitely end up in Tamil cinema producing more good movies, which now only a very few like Kamal,Mani.//

how can u term vasool raja, pks, 5thanthiram, virumandi (too much violence to convery a msg?? nah) as *good* movies.. even MX had nothing of that sort.. kamal's last good movie was Anbe Sivam...

Rajni too is a versatile actor.. i bet u cud hav watched n admired him in 6-60, mullum malarum, johny etc.., his last good perf oriented movie was thalapathi.. aft tht no one was ready to perceive him as such kinda actor.. thts y to satisfy his huge fans he started to do mass movies.. and in CM he dint do anything of tht sort except first few mins.. since CM is also a big hit wht i suggest is let him get back to the 80s and do perf oriented movies..

Girish11
7th May 2005, 12:03 AM

vasanth_luv

// If rasini would do that then it will definitely end up in Tamil cinema producing more good movies, which now only a very few like Kamal,Mani.//

how can u term vasool raja, pks, 5thanthiram, virumandi (too much violence to convery a msg?? nah) as *good* movies.. even MX had nothing of that sort.. kamal's last good movie was Anbe Sivam...

Rajni too is a versatile actor.. i bet u cud hav watched n admired him in 6-60, mullum malarum, johny etc.., his last good perf oriented movie was thalapathi.. aft tht no one was ready to perceive him as such kinda actor.. thts y to satisfy his huge fans he started to do mass movies.. and in CM he dint do anything of tht sort except first few mins.. since CM is also a big hit wht i suggest is let him get back to the 80s and do perf oriented movies..

Sorry, dont agree with the "satisying the fans funda" it is just to
keep the fans in hand, not to lose them, to continue making the
big bucks, to maintain the popularity, nothing else. If it was for
the only reason of satisfying the fans, he would not be demanding
such high amounts for acting in the movies.

Rgds

Surya
7th May 2005, 12:15 AM
What's next? Just more superhits, and super duper hits like Chandramukhi and Padaiappa! :D

Nerd
7th May 2005, 12:38 AM

vasanth_luv

Sorry, dont agree with the "satisying the fans funda" it is just to
keep the fans in hand, not to lose them, to continue making the
big bucks, to maintain the popularity, nothing else. If it was for
the only reason of satisfying the fans, he would not be demanding
such high amounts for acting in the movies.

Rgds

Tit for tat.. if he acts in a movie which has everything the fans need (punch dialogs, styles, action sequences) that movie will be a huge hit.. will do tremendous business and apparently he will get a lumpsome amount as salary... tit for tat

what i stress is even CM is a hit (not a huge one) in which he dint do anything special.. so what if he does some character oriented movies?? i believe his fansa will accept.. I will accept!!

Poornima
7th May 2005, 12:20 PM
"If i were to say something about this topic, which of course i can as a tamil movie goer, i would say for everyone's good rasini shud retire from film industry and shudn't show his face ever again in screen whatsoever."

man, how disgusted can you get with the drubbing ME got at the hands of CM? unga thalaivar padam odrathukkaaka mathavanga ellaam retire pannanumaakkum! :lol: at age 55, rajni has just given a superhit, absolutely routing competition from his and the present generation (ME and Sachin). it goes without saying that this success would convert to more money rolling into the industry which in turn means more room for small films. and you want him to retire? just curious, did you see the outlook article which said both rajni and kamal should retire to save tamil cinema?

about the future of rajnikant, the actor, i think he should produce movies with makers like bala where he can deliberately cut down on the hype, price them cheaper and create a pre-release awareness that this one is NOT going to be an out-and-out commercial venture. two-three films like that and i guess even his mass fans would get used to the system.

Alien
7th May 2005, 01:08 PM
Hey man!!Poornima, As i said i feel disgusted talking 2 u. Pls don't bring me into this topic ever again.

I hope, u r not a small child. U don't have to reply to everyone's personal view. I don't give a damn abt CM succeeds or flops utterly. I said it very clearly earlier on one thread. U couldn't have seen me saying that CM is a flop or MX is a hit,in that MX vs CM thread. I never said anything abt these films' successes. I'm least bothered abt that. I'm only concerned abt good cinema and SENSIBLE entertainers. Thats what made me post here.

rachel
7th May 2005, 04:11 PM
vasanth-luv,
i cry for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ME sucks. :lol:

Alien
8th May 2005, 09:11 AM
Don't waste ur valuable tears 4 me, honey.
Preserve them for godfather & thala's future movies :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't understand u girl. I clearly said it, i am LEAST BOTHERED abt film's successes and ONLY CONCERNED abt good movies.
Even rajni fans like, poornima seems to have understood me, but u silly girl :banghead:

rachel
8th May 2005, 10:45 AM
Don't waste ur valuable tears 4 me, honey.
Preserve them for godfather & thala's future movies

I don't understand u girl. I clearly said it, i am LEAST BOTHERED abt film's successes and ONLY CONCERNED abt good movies.
Even rajni fans like, poornima seems to have understood me, but u silly girl
ayyo, vasan......godfather is going to rock tamil cinema.
you say you are least bothered about film's success.you know what ...vasan,when a film flops, the hero of the film will suffer.
same with kamal. if you want to see kamal in future movies, his present movies should give profit. you love kamal. you said this before.but you won't care if ME flops.
:oops: :oops: you are brainless selfish fool. :evil:

Alien
8th May 2005, 12:45 PM
This is the thing, that has been happening for Kamal since his Guna,Mahanadhi,......
But don't worry Kamal is a man of steel. He will definitely continue. If his so called flops r real flops, how could have he been doing movies even now?

I said that i don't care abt hits n misses, bcos i didn't want 2 indulge myself in arguments abt hits or flops. Cos no-one really knows the real picture, definitely not this TAMIL websites, so what's the point in we arguing it's a hit and it's a flop. Probably after a 7-8 weeks the real picture will emerge. And moreover HIT is not just depended on how many days a movie run?, there r a lot other factors, such as cost, the price it was sold,..... low budget films can get the money back in 2-3 weeks, whereas big budget extravaganzas will have 2 run for many weeks to get the money back...........................

But even after i said that, i don't care abt hits n flops, u r there to bring me into arguments :evil: .

Shall v get back to the topic???????

rachel
8th May 2005, 01:29 PM
Shall v get back to the topic???????
topic is 'what's next for rajini?'
answer: he may act in 2 or 3 movies. who knows?even rajini himself doesn't know about this. :lol: :lol:

Alien
8th May 2005, 01:46 PM
eppa paarthalum kekke pekke nnu oru sirippu.

Anyway i like it :? .

rachel
9th May 2005, 12:54 AM

Anyway i like it .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nickraman
9th May 2005, 02:58 AM
At least Big "B" isn't giving Punch dialogues or rip-off matrix moves.

Thatha's movies over Kamal have flopped yet they continued to run for 100 days. Why, you ask? Because it's image and style. Big B on the other hand and Kamal have skills to pay their bills.

CM was all image and return of superstar as mentioned, but it failed to do so because Rajni didn't really have a role, he disappears after that Kite song and returns after Interval.

MX on the other hand had a story, comedy, sentiment all in 1. Rao has done a good job, but I prefer to watch in hindi cause it's suits the mumbai lingo, especially Ramesh Aravind, for a first debut, he spoke hindi well, if not fluent with comic style.

Bottom line: Rajni should've gone back to being a bus conductor in Karnatika.

lord_labakudoss
9th May 2005, 03:37 AM
Poornima,
Very good posting. As a big thalaivar fan, I want both - the type of movie where you can scream your head off along with the rest of the fans and have semma ragalai from start to finish (like Basha). and the type where we get to see him in roles where he can explore, like the Vettaiyan role in CM, or some of the serious roles he did in 70s.

I think if he does movies more frequently, then the hype & fan-pressure will ease a bit; If the expectations are set right before the release, it could very well be done. There are young & talented directors like Bala, Cheran, SJ Surya etc. who he should work with...

One other thing, it does not matter whether it has been done before or not - it only matters if SS wants to do it.

They said he was too dark to be a hero
They said he did not look good
They said he could never dance
They said he was aging terribly & losing his hairline.

Thalaivar usually replies to these folks ONSCREEN! So he will, until he decides to retire - on his own terms!!!

Regards

Nerd
9th May 2005, 04:35 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap:

Sanguine Sridhar
9th May 2005, 11:27 AM

Anyway i like it .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah rachel u r so funnnnnnnnnny :lol: :lol: :lol:

stranger
11th May 2005, 11:42 PM
I wish I could see a "Rajni movie" with "padayappA-looking smoking Rajni" as a good "bad-guy" with a "kALi-attitude" (muLLum malarum) . AN ANTI-HERO (SMOKING and DRINKING and KILLING) with a beard of course.

The story should be more like an OLD "bad-guy" fights against bad people for some sort of "justice". Rajni's character in that movie should SMOKE, DRINK and KILL people just like our "william munny"!

* Never let politicians to control you or the cinemA, ever. Dont fall for the "bait".

* "appA" oru naaL oru character-ai paarthu thittuvaaru, "magan" innoru naaL innoru character-ai paaraattuvaaru.

* intha "dramA" ellAm namakku puthusA enna? :roll:

Know the difference! This is cinemA and FICTION. The actor will smoke and drink and RAPE if necessary for the "character".

balakumar86
12th May 2005, 01:20 PM
pesama veetula paduthu thoonga vendiyathudhan.
pavam vayasayiduchulla :wave: :wave: :wave:
bye bye perusu

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th May 2005, 06:18 PM
I wish I could see a "Rajni movie" with "padayappA-looking smoking Rajni" as a good "bad-guy" with a "kALi-attitude" (muLLum malarum) . AN ANTI-HERO (SMOKING and DRINKING and KILLING) with a beard of course.

The story should be more like an OLD "bad-guy" fights against bad people for some sort of "justice". Rajni's character in that movie should SMOKE, DRINK and KILL people just like our "william munny"!

* Never let politicians to control you or the cinemA, ever. Dont fall for the "bait".

* "appA" oru naaL oru character-ai paarthu thittuvaaru, "magan" innoru naaL innoru character-ai paaraattuvaaru.

* intha "dramA" ellAm namakku puthusA enna? :roll:

Know the difference! This is cinemA and FICTION. The actor will smoke and drink and RAPE if necessary for the "character".

stranger, neenga enna solla vareenga, onnum puriyalayee....

Alien
12th May 2005, 06:45 PM
bye bye perusu
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Sanguine Sridhar
12th May 2005, 07:02 PM
bye bye perusu

High time for super star to retire ... 4 sure

scorpio
12th May 2005, 07:05 PM
Becky,
semathiya udha vaanga pore..4 sure :wink:

Alien
12th May 2005, 07:13 PM
ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poornima mite be thinking very hard how 2 shut these fellas mouth??? :lol: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
12th May 2005, 07:32 PM
Becky,

Pakkathulla thaaney irrukka kaapatha maatiya???? 8)

scorpio
13th May 2005, 12:11 PM
Becky,

Bechy,
Naanum sernthu udaikkum podhu eppadipa kapatharathu?? :lol:

Vasanth, how to shut 2 fellas mouth illa, 3 fellas mouth, unnaiyum serthu :wink: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
13th May 2005, 12:14 PM
Becky,

Bechy,

Vasanth, how to shut 2 fellas mouth illa, 3 fellas mouth, unnaiyum serthu :wink: :lol:

ad(a)(i) paavi????

scorpio
13th May 2005, 12:16 PM
:lol: :lol: adi paavi thaan...

Enna avtaar-la Becham mugam poi T shirt vanthurukku, idhoda niruthiko pa.. :wink:

Sanguine Sridhar
13th May 2005, 12:20 PM
:lol: :lol: adi paavi thaan...

Enna avtaar-la Becham mugam poi T shirt vanthurukku, idhoda niruthiko pa.. :wink:
don worry i won use his trousers :lol:

Alien
13th May 2005, 01:19 PM
Becky,

Bechy,

ayyo, illa Scorpio, I wrote

Poornima mite be thinking very hard how 2 shut these fellas mouth???

I already included me too :wink: . I meant all of us :lol: 8)

rachel
13th May 2005, 01:28 PM
I already included me too . I meant all of us
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alien
13th May 2005, 01:31 PM
rachel ungalaiyum serthu thaan.

rachel
13th May 2005, 01:35 PM
rachel ungalaiyum serthu thaan.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil:

Alien
13th May 2005, 01:37 PM
Look at ur comment abt Rajni, sounds a sarcastic one.

Sanguine Sridhar
13th May 2005, 01:47 PM
Look at ur comment abt Rajni, sounds a sarcastic one.

Whatever... i m ready...Sandaikku vanga!!!!! Scorpio....pakkathuley irrukeenga...oru help na naan thaan varanum paathukonga

scorpio
13th May 2005, 01:48 PM
vasanth, sorry pa..gavanikkalai.... BTW, do u really think it is easy to make us all to shut our mouths??? :lol:

Becky, I though vasanth meant rachel's comment to be sarcastic.. illaya???

Alien
13th May 2005, 01:49 PM
No way Scorpio :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
13th May 2005, 01:54 PM
vasanth, sorry pa..gavanikkalai.... BTW, do u really think it is easy to make us all to shut our mouths??? :lol:

Yeah i think so....Vasanth :D

Alien
13th May 2005, 05:59 PM

Puriyalaiye :roll:

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:01 PM
Whatever... i m ready...Sandaikku vanga!!!!! Scorpio....pakkathuley irrukeenga...oru help na naan thaan varanum paathukonga

beckam-ukku sanda podduddu, help kedkurathe velayaa pochu :lol:

scorpio
13th May 2005, 06:04 PM
beck,
naan pakkathula irukarathu kaala vaara vasadhiya irukkum-nnu thaan..
Sanda pottuttu olinjikka inge vandhe, udhai than..

Vasanth.. Nee enpa innum thoongaama hub-le suthikittu irukke??

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:06 PM

ade, vasanth, odi poi thungu ... amma thidduvanga appurom

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:21 PM
I'm living alone guys. No one is to scold me :lol: :?
Today is friday, meant to b a relaxing day 8) .(though friday the 13th :evil: )

hi
13th May 2005, 06:22 PM

:lol: :lol: i never expect vasanth to be a kid :(

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:24 PM

ho, appo, tanni adichidirukkiya ??

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:24 PM
Hey guys Ratheesh is back :wink: :lol: 5 more minutes 4 the final verdict :lol: 8)

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:25 PM

:lol: :lol: i never expect vasanth to be a kid :(

puriyuthu puriyuthu romba over a pooyittoma(Me & beck with rachel :P ) :lol:

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:25 PM
Hey guys Ratheesh is back :wink: :lol: 5 more minutes 4 the final verdict :lol: 8)

do you think sneha will answer in public ??

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:27 PM

ho, appo, tanni adichidirukkiya ??

Ithu enna kelvi, Australia ila irukken :lol:
Yeah socially, twice in a month, couple of glasses of red wine and a beer :wink: 8)

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:28 PM
good :mrgreen:
how old are you vasanth ?

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:28 PM

Gud question :roll:

hi
13th May 2005, 06:29 PM

Gud question :roll:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:29 PM

22 in another 3 weeks, neenga eppadi thalaivare :mrgreen: ?

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:30 PM
30 :shock:

what is this hi ?

Alien
6.30 pm in Ind

Pras

naan ippo thaan-pa oru 15 :mrgreen:

hi
13th May 2005, 06:31 PM

what is this hi ?

i thought vasanth is 30 years.... :lol:

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:32 PM

what is this hi ?

i thought vasanth is 30 years.... :lol:

:lol:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:32 PM
C'mon Hi why would u think so?? :(
Don't u know I'm a very nice guy :mrgreen:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:33 PM

naan ippo thaan-pa oru 15 :mrgreen:

intha lollu thaane venaankirathu :twisted:

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:34 PM
intha lollu thaane venaankirathu

:mrgreen:

i am 26 ;)

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:35 PM
oK, i asked what abt thanni? :P

hi
13th May 2005, 06:35 PM
C'mon Hi why would u think so?? :(
Don't u know I'm a very nice guy :mrgreen:

sorry pa...needhan indha world layae best :lol:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:37 PM
Folks v r in the wrong thread, v could better go to News on Anniyan or CM vs MX vs SC

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:37 PM
sorry pa...needhan indha world layae best

appo naan :cry:

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:39 PM
oK, i asked what abt thanni? :P

you didn't ask anything about thanni :poke:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:41 PM
Ok pras, that "neenga eppadi thalaivare" was meant abt ur thanni? :wink: so neenga eppadi?

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:43 PM
ada paavi :mrgreen:

summa oru konjam, irunthuddu appoyavathu .... friday, saturday :mrgreen:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:44 PM
Hi, neenga drink panurathulaiya? :wink: Tequila :wink:

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:47 PM
tequilla's brother vodka :mrgreen:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:49 PM
puriyuthu pras puriyuthu :mrgreen: :wink:

hi
13th May 2005, 06:50 PM

hey pras is really a gud boy...don't spoil him :(

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:50 PM

hey pras is really a gud boy...don't spoil him :(

don't try to spoil me vasanth ! bad guy :twisted:

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:51 PM
I asked u "hi", neenga drink pannurathilaiya? Tequila

Pras
13th May 2005, 06:52 PM

mmm, vasanth, i think hi is a girl ... don't ask that question again :lol:

Alien
Ooho ingayum oru Kathal kathaiya 8) :wink:
Oh ok :P

hi

ayo naan ponnuu yaar... :( great insult

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:53 PM
I know hi is a girl pras, see my earlier post :mrgreen:
Don't girls drink??? :)

Alien
13th May 2005, 06:54 PM
tequilla's brother vodka :mrgreen:

Aama avaru vaayila viral vaithaalum soopa theriyathavaru, post panniyirukiraaru paarungo "hi"

hi
13th May 2005, 06:55 PM
I know hi is a girl pras, see my earlier post :mrgreen:
Don't girls drink??? :)

hmmm :( :( :(

Alien
13th May 2005, 07:11 PM
Ohhh really sorry hi :cry: :cry: If i did hurt u :cry:
I wrote like that just 4 fun :cry: Sorry

hi
13th May 2005, 07:21 PM
Ohhh really sorry hi :cry: :cry: If i did hurt u :cry:
I wrote like that just 4 fun :cry: Sorry

it's oky...
my colleague also smoke....here in singapore common...me gud girl :D

Alien
13th May 2005, 07:30 PM
Girls here very casually drink. Ask rachel

Pras
13th May 2005, 07:31 PM

are you saying that rachel drinks ? :roll:

Alien
14th May 2005, 09:26 AM

No, nope , sorry, I never meant to say like that. She lives in New zealand which is very similar like Australia and she would know more abt how casual drinking here is?

Even pras, u would know that? Swiss also must be like that, Isn't it? :mrgreen:

But singapore is very different, doesn't really follow western customs in some things. Isn't it? :?

balakumar86
14th May 2005, 01:12 PM
Rajni kanth s goin 2 act in another film which s 2 be directed by Raja.
dis s d news that i had got.

Sanguine Sridhar
16th May 2005, 12:14 PM
beck,
naan pakkathula irukarathu kaala vaara vasadhiya irukkum-nnu thaan..
Sanda pottuttu olinjikka inge vandhe, udhai than..

I know couple of friends in u're office...I'll stay with them 8)

hi
16th May 2005, 02:08 PM

No, nope , sorry, I never meant to say like that. She lives in New zealand which is very similar like Australia and she would know more abt how casual drinking here is?

But singapore is very different, doesn't really follow western customs in some things. Isn't it? :?

it's very common to drink in singapore also....they r following western culture now a days.....

Sanguine Sridhar
16th May 2005, 02:35 PM

it's very common to drink in singapore also....they r following western culture now a days.....

Hi u're avatar is cute :P

Cinefan
17th May 2005, 04:48 PM
Coming back to the topic :D

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/14735.html

Rajni to do the 'Waqt'remake enacting Amitabh's role with Jayam Ravi as his son,Ravi's father producing it&his brother directing it.Rajni as a father to a grown up guy throughout the movie,hmmm very very interesting.

Sanguine Sridhar
17th May 2005, 04:51 PM
The most superb movie for Rajini was arilurunthu arubathu varai....thats a wonderful movie...I wonder rajni can act such kind of movies now.... 8)

Sourav
17th May 2005, 05:01 PM
What Next For Rajnikant?
FROM DHANUSH..
PAERAN OR PAETHI OR ( :?: ) :lol: OR NOTHING :lol: :lol: :lol:

m_23_bayarea
18th May 2005, 01:12 AM
[tscii:8adb397aaf]Rajinikanth who returned from his Rishikesh trip has accepted Editor Mohan’s offer to remake Waqt. The film has Amitabh- Akshay Kumar in the lead. Rajini will play Amitabh’s role and Jeyam Ravi will play the Akshay role. The film will be directed by Raja.

Apart from this talks are on to remake Chandramukhi in Hindi. The film is likely to be directed by Vasu itself and efforts are on to rope in Amitabh for the Rajni role.

Rajni who is very happy with Vasu has promised him one more film. The producers in line are Poornachandra Rao, and Panchu Arunachalam. Lets wait and see.
---------------

Guys that make fun of Rajini on his age, this movie is just for yo'all.....[/tscii:8adb397aaf]

Girish11
18th May 2005, 02:15 AM
[tscii:268944e4a8]Rajinikanth who returned from his Rishikesh trip has accepted Editor Mohan’s offer to remake Waqt. The film has Amitabh- Akshay Kumar in the lead. Rajini will play Amitabh’s role and Jeyam Ravi will play the Akshay role. The film will be directed by Raja.

Apart from this talks are on to remake Chandramukhi in Hindi. The film is likely to be directed by Vasu itself and efforts are on to rope in Amitabh for the Rajni role.

Rajni who is very happy with Vasu has promised him one more film. The producers in line are Poornachandra Rao, and Panchu Arunachalam. Lets wait and see.
---------------

Guys that make fun of Rajini on his age, this movie is just for yo'all.....[/tscii:268944e4a8]

CM in Hindi starring Amitabh Bachchan???????

First of all, it is totally unbeleivable that Amitabh Bachan, who
today does not care anymore for star image, an actor who
is today concentrating more on good roles for himself will
do such a role (considering the remake is same as CM Tamil),
he is not mindless enough to act as a young man romancing
his grand daughter or creating a cyclone by wishwooshing his
60plus year old legs. Especially after doing a class movie
recently "Black", it would be degrading to himself. Probably Vasu had some dream M-B I personally feel he will never do this type of
a movie.

Even if there is a movie made in Hindi with any actor,
does the credit go to CM??? and should it be called a remake
of CM considering that CM was actually copied from the
first original/Malayalam version which was remade in
Kannada even before it was made in Tamil?????

Nerd
18th May 2005, 02:22 AM
girish

u drunk??

m_23 meant that rajni is gonna do Waqt in tamil...

amitabh is not gonna do CM in Hindi

:lol:

Girish11
18th May 2005, 02:37 AM
[tscii:20738ca1c2][quote="kasi_sce"]girish

u drunk??

m_23 meant that rajni is gonna do Waqt in tamil...

amitabh is not gonna do CM in Hindi

:lol:[m_23_bayarea wrote:
Rajinikanth who returned from his Rishikesh trip has accepted Editor Mohan’s offer to remake Waqt. The film has Amitabh- Akshay Kumar in the lead. Rajini will play Amitabh’s role and Jeyam Ravi will play the Akshay role. The film will be directed by Raja.

/quote]

Please read the bold letters from the quote of M-B Kasi[/tscii:20738ca1c2]

Nerd
18th May 2005, 02:42 AM
sorry

it will never happen.. even if it happens it will be like the original manichit... where lal comes only after interval...

m_23_bayarea
18th May 2005, 02:56 AM
Girish, I wasn't stressing abt Amitabh's remake of CM in Hindi. I was talkin abt Rajini's remake of WAQT in Tamil when I said that this movie will be for guys who make fun of Rajini on his age......

Girish11
18th May 2005, 03:33 AM
Girish, I wasn't stressing abt Amitabh's remake of CM in Hindi. I was talkin abt Rajini's remake of WAQT in Tamil when I said that this movie will be for guys who make fun of Rajini on his age......

I understand M_B, I would definately appreciate Rajini doing
roles suiting his age and not doing gimmicks and larger than
life roles. So I did not comment anything on it.

The statement re remake of CM in Hindi starring Amitabh shocked/surprised me, hence I commented on it.

svasu_ani
18th May 2005, 04:13 AM
HMmm.. ippo thaan waqt remake a pathi padichein.... enna sollradhu... Varungala Mammanarum varungala mappillaiyum onna senthu nadikka poranga....

Paavam mudhal maapillai..ethavathu chinna role irukka avarukku????

nickraman
18th May 2005, 04:30 AM
CM was horrible and the songs were northy like, maybe it will do better in hindi but Batchan is comitted to Ghilli's Hindi counterpart, so only time will tell...

Girish11
18th May 2005, 04:39 AM
HMmm.. ippo thaan waqt remake a pathi padichein.... enna sollradhu... Varungala Mammanarum varungala mappillaiyum onna senthu nadikka poranga....

Paavam mudhal maapillai..ethavathu chinna role irukka avarukku????

Svasu, didn't you know???? Of course, mudhal maapillai
mudhal maapillai thaan, after all, Dhanush is a confirmed maapillai
unlike the unconfirmed one in the remake of Waqt.

"Paavam mudhal maapillaikku ethavathu chinna role irrukaaavaaaa???" How can you ask like that????
See it for yourself in the thread titled "Look at this!!!".

Should be on the second page, thanks to Balakumar.

svasu_ani
18th May 2005, 05:02 AM
ippo thaan antha thread a paathein mudhal maapillai mamanar ku thambiya... :shock:

Thaanga mudiyalai.....

maamannar thaan mappillai ku udhavum karangala?????????

Girish11
18th May 2005, 05:10 AM
ippo thaan antha thread a paathein mudhal maapillai mamanar ku thambiya... :shock:

Thaanga mudiyalai.....

:)

hi
18th May 2005, 08:32 AM

Thaanga mudiyalai.....

:)

i thought .....dhanush will occupy a prestigious status....but everything went upside down.... :lol:...no hope

m_23_bayarea
18th May 2005, 08:20 PM
[tscii:e392a235a1]Rajini to act in remake film?
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/18052005-3.shtml

It is indeed difficult for the operators in the theatres where 'Chandramuki' is screened, because, they have to see this film at least for hundred more days, again and again. There is no other go for them, because crowds are still thronging the theatres like that.

Producers are very much excited and also concerned that, if they get a chance to make Rajini to act in their films next, they have to retain or strengthen the pride that is felt by Shivaji Production. Editor Mohan is going to buy a Hindi film for Rajini.

This film 'Waqt' is a 'Chandramuki' in Hindi, that is, in collection. It has become huge hit even in U.K. So much so that, it got the rare honor of getting the first place in U.K top ten list. Due to this, a Hindi film has got that honor in U.K after a very long time. Amitabh Bachchan and Akshey Kumar had acted in this film.

This film is being run with Houseful board still hanging at the doors of the theatres. In the remake of this film, Rajini may act in Amitabh's Character. 'Jeyam' Ravi, in the role of Akshey Kumar and the director will be his elder brother Raja… Editor Mohan is making his moves with this dream.

But the decision lies with the person, taking a break at Rishikesh.

[/tscii:e392a235a1]

Raghu
19th May 2005, 03:16 PM
I would really love to see superb star in these kind of roles, he is the ULTIMATE don of Indian Cinema

Lakalaklakalakalakalaka repeatU

alwarpet_andavan
21st May 2005, 09:10 PM
Friends,
Although i haven't seen CM, from what i heard from my friends (Rajni fans), it seems there are relatively fewer gimmicks and "punch" dialogues compared to his recent movies.That, to me, is a step in the right direction for Rajni. And if the news about him acting in the remake of "Waqt", it's another positive step. Though i haven't seen Waqt, I say this because despite the fact that the movie will be customized for the locale and more so for Rajni, if i'm not wrong, it will be a character based role, thereby reducing the scope of gimmicks and "punch" dialogues.
There's no disputing the fact that Rajni can act - Mullum Malarum, 16 Vayathinile, Thillu Mullu, Johny, Thalabathi are cases in point. It is also a fact that as far as the BO is concerned, he has nothing left to prove, he's already acheived incredible success. However, i wish he challenges himself as an actor by doing demanding roles, something which he hasn't done in the last few years, IMHO. Any fear that this would not be liked by his fans are completely unfounded. They said the same for CM in the first week but the result proved otherwise. I'm not talking about the quality of CM - it may be good or bad, but the very fact that this movie has provided relatively more scope for other actors is good news.
It's indeed good for the industry if his movies are commercially successful, but it would be much better if he is more discerning in doing quality films. Even a movie like Thirupachi can generate business, but we don't need a star of Rajni's stature to do movies just to bring commercial success.
As far as the directors are concerned, i personally wouldn't want him to do films with directors like Dharani etc. because i feel that would take him back to sqare one - not a progressive change. Maybe one of the talented new-comers who don't bow down to commercial pressures and who want to break the Rajni stereotype.
Hope the positive indications seen now push Rajni higher as far as performance is concerned. That will do a world of good for the industry. After all, money isn't everything, quality is :)

alwarpet_andavan

Raghu
22nd May 2005, 08:24 PM
Friends,
Although i haven't seen CM, from what i heard from my friends (Rajni fans), it seems there are relatively fewer gimmicks and "punch" dialogues compared to his recent movies.That, to me, is a step in the right direction for Rajni. And if the news about him acting in the remake of "Waqt", it's another positive step. Though i haven't seen Waqt, I say this because despite the fact that the movie will be customized for the locale and more so for Rajni, if i'm not wrong, it will be a character based role, thereby reducing the scope of gimmicks and "punch" dialogues.
There's no disputing the fact that Rajni can act - Mullum Malarum, 16 Vayathinile, Thillu Mullu, Johny, Thalabathi are cases in point. It is also a fact that as far as the BO is concerned, he has nothing left to prove, he's already acheived incredible success. However, i wish he challenges himself as an actor by doing demanding roles, something which he hasn't done in the last few years, IMHO. Any fear that this would not be liked by his fans are completely unfounded. They said the same for CM in the first week but the result proved otherwise. I'm not talking about the quality of CM - it may be good or bad, but the very fact that this movie has provided relatively more scope for other actors is good news.
It's indeed good for the industry if his movies are commercially successful, but it would be much better if he is more discerning in doing quality films. Even a movie like Thirupachi can generate business, but we don't need a star of Rajni's stature to do movies just to bring commercial success.
As far as the directors are concerned, i personally wouldn't want him to do films with directors like Dharani etc. because i feel that would take him back to sqare one - not a progressive change. Maybe one of the talented new-comers who don't bow down to commercial pressures and who want to break the Rajni stereotype.
Hope the positive indications seen now push Rajni higher as far as performance is concerned. That will do a world of good for the industry. After all, money isn't everything, quality is :)

alwarpet_andavan

WELL SAID Alwarpet_andavan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cinefan
25th May 2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/14873.html

No 'Waqt'remake but a direct Tamil film-comedy entertainer.

alwarpet_andavan
25th May 2005, 05:47 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/14873.html

No 'Waqt'remake but a direct Tamil film-comedy entertainer.

Oh ok, guess we'll have to wait a while before the final word on his next movie is out...

Well, whatever it is, hope there's enough subtance in the movie.

alwarpet_andavan

Aandavan
7th March 2007, 07:13 PM
Now Rajinikant must go to eat.. Its time for dinner !!

Nerd
7th March 2007, 08:46 PM
Now Rajinikant must go to eat.. Its time for dinner !!

unga comedy thaanga mudila... aaNdavaa :cry:

thimuru
7th March 2007, 08:47 PM
"h"

Nerd
7th March 2007, 08:52 PM
"h"

ithukku andha aaNdavanE paravailla :)

groucho070
9th March 2007, 09:23 AM
CM, should not have happened. But I guess Rajini was just playing it safe after Baba's 'failure'. What a waste of talent, especially when Rajini and Prabhu are joining forces again. I was especially disappointed with Prabhu, who looked wooden most fo the time. That man can pull punches and steal shows, fer gad's sake.

CM is tolerable when you fast forward all the non-Rajini, non-Vadiveloo scenes.

I am hoping something powerful, more powerful after Sivaji. Something that will bring back the energy that he had when he was working with Mahendran and KB.

smith
20th March 2007, 03:42 PM
-deleted-

nerdy
20th March 2007, 04:02 PM
-deleted-

m_23_bayarea
20th March 2007, 06:25 PM
What is this thread all about? Dont we already have a "News and Updates" thread for Rajini? :roll:

nickraman
21st March 2007, 05:48 AM
Last I heard, he's doing voiceover work for his animation movie done by his daughter, Soundarya.

Then there were talks of his retirement afterwards which sources close to him say that he's supporting more on that front.

thamiz
21st March 2007, 06:16 AM
What is this thread all about? Dont we already have a "News and Updates" thread for Rajini? :roll:

Where is poonima, anyway? :huh:

cinema_rasikan
30th March 2007, 08:58 PM
superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/tamil-movies-events/photos-2/sivaji-bus/index.html

kb
30th March 2007, 09:08 PM
ithu sivajiku azhagu :D :D :D grand look and feel

RPB
30th March 2007, 09:12 PM
ithu sivajiku azhagu :D :D :D grand look and feel

kb ur avatar look very stylish

kb
30th March 2007, 09:21 PM
:D :notworthy: