vincent
26th April 2005, 09:59 AM
HEY FRNZ SOME TIMES I FEEL LIKE
"THENISAI THENDRAL" DEVA IS GOOD AS"ISAINGANI"ILAYARAJA
WAT DO U ALL THINK :?: :?:

vickyvichu
26th April 2005, 02:23 PM
NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!HOW DARE U??????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ARE U INSANE????IR CANT BE COMPARED WITH ANY OTHR INDIAN MUSIC DIRECTOR!! HE IS PAR EXCELLENCE!!!HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW COULD U COMPARE HIM with DEVA???????tsk tsk tsk...

vincent
27th April 2005, 12:57 PM

ARE U INSANE????IR CANT BE COMPARED WITH ANY OTHR INDIAN MUSIC DIRECTOR!! HE IS PAR EXCELLENCE!!!HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW COULD U COMPARE HIM with DEVA???????tsk tsk tsk...

relax..relax...I'm a diehard fanof "maestro"Dr.Ilayaraja
but i just ask your opinion
8) 8) 8)

K
27th April 2005, 03:20 PM
JOKE OF the world

svaisn
27th April 2005, 08:46 PM
Vincent

What happened to you...

Please start such meaningless conversation....

Go and Have a Nice Cup Of Coffee :-)

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 10:04 PM
Vincent,
I seriously pity you dude.
Recall the dialogue in Kaaka Kaaka by Human Rights Commission Lady..
"Atrocious!! Inhuman!! Something is wrong somewhere!".
God, please forgive Vincent. He know not that this is one of the most foolish question ever asked in Music world.

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 10:05 PM
Vincent,
.. and you have told that you are "diehard fanof "maestro"Dr.Ilayaraja "....

What a disgrace to the Maestro.

Sudalai
28th April 2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah.... correct vincent...
Atleast Deva comes nearer to IR in some of his compositions... :)

But ARR.. can spend his whole lifetime, but would not achieve even 10% of IRs music creativity... ;-)

Enna vincent.. correct thaana...?? :lol:

kalnayak
28th April 2005, 03:42 PM
Aarambichaachu sandai inge! Ellorum odivaanga.
Appo ARR, Devaa vida mattama?
:huh:

svaisn
28th April 2005, 05:28 PM
Sudalai...

If Deva = IR

Then we never want ARR to reach there

kbee
28th April 2005, 07:35 PM
vincent, yenna aachu ungalukku? ippa kaathu IR kittarundhu ARR and Deva pakkama povuthu. idha Deva paartha kooda tharkolai pannippar. Idukku oru votting and 4 peru amaam sollirukkanga. vekkakedu

Arjuna
28th April 2005, 11:14 PM
yow Sudalai - y the hell ru bringing my Lord ARR in here!! Mind what u say abt our Lord!!

Sudalai
29th April 2005, 06:33 AM
arjuna machi...
cool down..!
Ivvlo kobam koodaadhu.. :)

Btw, After maathrubootham.. ippo vera oruthar 'laadu' aayittaaraa..?? ;-) chumaa thaan paa.. serious-aa eduthukkaadha..

dude
29th April 2005, 10:32 AM
Come to think of it, Deva did become a competiton for IR in a big way. People always claim that ARR was the cause of IR's downfall. That is not really true.

In IR's heyday he used to do 20 to 30 films per year. Wheras ARR has been maintaining a steady average of around 5 movies per year right from the beginning. It was Deva who crashed the party by signing up more than 30 movies per year, year after year and flooding the TFM. It is unfair to say that ARR competed against IR...

It also helped that sometimes Deva's music sounded pretty close to IR's. People were already familiar with that kind of music and hence took to it easily. Deva started making inroads into IR's market. True, sometimes he blatantly lifted even current IR songs, for ex. he copied the then immensely popular "Chinna raasave chitterumbu enna..." from Walter Vetrivel in his "sendoora pandikoru jodi kili..." song for sendoorapandi(?). I am sure there are many like these, but this is one instance that immediately came to my mind.

Of course, he has the right to copy from any source in the world. That is another reason for his success.

Mind you, I am comparing Deva and IR only in terms of numbers and not in terms of quality. Of course, Deva can never match IR quality-wise, but in terms of quantity (which is a big attribute in IR's resume...) he nearly equalled him, at least for some time. And of course, he has run out of gas within a span of 10 years.

Thingazh
29th April 2005, 02:35 PM
How can anyone come up with a statement like "Deva is as good as IR"? Even if it is meant just for seeking anyone's opinion. This statement was utterly shocking to me as an ardent fan of Isaignani. I don hate Deva. Some may think Deva is not good and others may even think he's good but "as good as Isaignani"? Definite "NO".

Thingazh
29th April 2005, 02:42 PM
Ungalukku yaenga inthamathiri kelviyellam thondruthu? Appadiye thondrinaalum intha kelviye ketkalama? athuvum TFM thaLathile? :)

Arjuna
29th April 2005, 06:09 PM
Sudalai - Ok :)

kamarajc
30th April 2005, 11:19 AM
Ok.. ok. I got it.

Vincent wanted many people to come into this thread and tear Deva into pieces. Adhukku ivvalavvu illogical kelvi-yae vaendaam. Summaa... "Deva and his music machine"-nnu oru thread irundhaalae podhum.. aalaalukku vandhu thittittu povaanga. Paavam, Deva indha thread-ai paarthaa yaendaa indha thozhilukku vandhom-nnu nenaippaar.

hehehewalrus
30th April 2005, 11:55 PM
Kamarajc, dont be jealous. Deva is Mozart.

(If arr is mozart, why not deva?)
:P

Sudalai
1st May 2005, 07:52 AM
Appadi podunga hhhwalrus,
if ARR is asian Mozart, Mozart should be Western Deva..!

enna sollreenga..?? :)

Mozart,
Plsssss mannichidunga... i never meant that...

vickyvichu
2nd May 2005, 08:52 PM
Appadi podunga hhhwalrus,
if ARR is asian Mozart, Mozart should be Western Deva..!

enna sollreenga..?? :)

Mozart,
Plsssss mannichidunga... i never meant that...
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA......HILARIOUS!! !! :lol: :rotfl:

vincent
9th May 2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah.... correct vincent...
Atleast Deva comes nearer to IR in some of his compositions... :)

But ARR.. can spend his whole lifetime, but would not achieve even 10% of IRs music creativity... ;-)

Enna vincent.. correct thaana...?? :lol:
corectu thaan !!!

vincent
9th May 2005, 11:36 AM
hey guyz "maestro"Dr. ilayaraja is the greatest ever MD in the world but Deva is also good as well,gave so many good songs
that all i also NEVER AGREE THAT
"THENISAI THENDRAL" IS EQUAL TO "ISAINGANI"

MADDY
10th May 2005, 09:30 AM
See, Vincent has started a interesting topic....if u look closely at the 90's saga it will always be remembered for ARR and his exploits in TN and his dominance in Hindi heartland........but it was deva who ate into IR's chances.......ppl. who could not afford IR went to deva....it was deva who damaged IR more than ARR......ARR's group was a different league and they never wanted to go back to IR.........this i just statistics but on quality, even MSV,ARR & KVM wud struggle to compete with IR so leave alone deva........

but i do take strong objection to ppl. who criticise ARR on the slightest oppurtunity provided......this is bad......see ur IR is gr8 then prove it by telling gud things abt him and not by degrading ARR.....IR is gr8 bcos of his own creations and not bcos of ARR's bad creations.......i dunt know IR fans never seem to understand this......

Arjuna
11th May 2005, 02:00 AM
well said MADDY - MADDY HO HO MADDY :)

Sudalai
11th May 2005, 03:10 AM
MADDY - MADDY HO HO MADDY :)

Good one... illa arujuna... maddy.. maddy.. tune.. HJ-odadhu thaana...?? ;-)

kalakki iruppaaru..

Arjuna
14th May 2005, 01:25 PM
Sudalai - without Deva - supanum, kupanum - music patti therinchu iruka matanga!!Deva shuld be wrote in the annals of history!!

Even though deva gets inspired/copies - who cares - the end product is good - Priyamudan, Valli and Mugavari were Deva's best albums!!

Deva + Rajni - introduction songs were good too!!

Deva is a good MD!! and a nice human - which is more important - since many MD's except ARR lack this!!

rajasaranam
14th May 2005, 02:50 PM
.... but on quality, even MSV,ARR & KVM wud struggle to compete with IR so leave alone deva........

MADDY after such a long time you have come to accept this. Iam happy for you :D

interz
14th May 2005, 09:23 PM
Deva is good bec he composed music like ilayaraja did for some years. Now he copies all kinds of mds vidyasagar, jassie gift. but he is not at same level as ilayaraja.

gjani deserves dredit for ruling the tc field in 1980's, 1990's

njv
15th May 2005, 12:53 AM
Deva is a good MD!! and a nice human - which is more important - since many MD's except ARR lack this!!
Ada ingapaarra Arjunakku endha MD nallavan endha MD kettavannu theriyum pola irukky. Arjuna neenga nallavara kettavara

hehehewalrus
16th May 2005, 12:28 AM
Ada ingapaarra Arjunakku endha MD nallavan endha MD kettavannu theriyum pola irukky. Arjuna neenga nallavara kettavara

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

svaisn
16th May 2005, 09:01 AM
Deva is a good MD.... but no way near to IR.....

vincent
31st May 2005, 01:32 PM
Deva is a good MD.... but no way near to IR.....
APPA IPPE THAN ORU NALLE RESPONSE KEDECHATHU!!
10X svaisn!

prabu
31st May 2005, 10:19 PM
I saw another thread Vidyasagar is as good as ARR and this one saying Deva is as good as IR and there was comparision between ARR and IR before..It all leads to inevitable..

Vidyasagar=ARR
ARR=IR
IR=Deva
[b]Vidyasagar = Deva

Ooops..Billions and Billions of Vidyasagar and Deva fans..I know it might upset you, but Mathematics formula just proved it..

vincent
2nd June 2005, 06:38 AM
:shock: adengappa!!! :shock:

kalnayak
6th June 2005, 12:13 PM
Yaaru IsaiPsunami nnu mudivayiruchaa? Resulta sollunga.:huh:

S.Balaji
13th July 2005, 06:31 PM
Those guys who think on those lines have to be dismissed as those who do not have any idea on what music is all about.
The levels achieved by Isaignani can only be equated with MSV and nobody can match his musical skills and the creativity.

Some of the songs of raja like in Nenjathai killadhey are beyond imagination and they are time immemorial.

We should not even entertain such topics in future so that this portal maintains its decorum.

S.Balaji

alias
13th July 2005, 07:18 PM
I totally agree... IR can easily be replaced by IR. Whatever IR can do, Deva can do that, so hence I think they are equal. Take composing, arrangement, instrument, they use the same. So there you go, proves the point

alias
13th July 2005, 07:18 PM
I mean.. IR can be easily replaced by Deva...

S.Balaji
13th July 2005, 07:36 PM
Are you really serious or joking or just doing time pass ?

IR is God's gift to Tamil Music.

Deva is a copycat and has already faded.

A genius is somebody who can withstand times.

IR had sustained for 25 years in Film industry while friend Deva could not complete even 10 years. He is already a forgotten figure now

karthik_sa2
15th October 2005, 12:18 AM
vincent r u a very humerous person?i can see that in this thread

njv
15th October 2005, 09:21 AM
Change the topic to "Whore is as good as Wife"

interz
15th October 2005, 04:18 PM
how evil.... But Deva did rule certain years of 90s by copying IR style of Music.

mr_karthik
15th October 2005, 04:59 PM

poRumai...poRumai....

Upto today totally 29 votes been polled. Out of them 18 for IsaingAni and 11 for ThEnisai thenRal. So it is proved one third of hubbers accept it. But neenga solrapadi pArthaal all 29 votes must be put for IR.

So, neenga vAnathukkum boomikkum kudhikkirathu arththam illainnu AyiduchA.

Neenga solrapadi irundhaal, Deva should be disappeared within one or two years, otherwise within 5 to 10 movies. But for several years he was having more number of movies in hand, than any other MDs.

After 'EjamAn' and 'UzhaipALi' no Rajini producers approach IR. Why?. After that Deva done three for Rajini and all the three (AnnAmalai, Batcha, ArunAchalam) were big hits. How?. Kamal also used him in some, like Avvai Shanmugi, Pammal K.sambandham etc, and enjoyed the success.

I am not asking you to accept Deva as equal to IR. But some of the hubbers here not even to accept Deva knows something about music. Whether they accept or not accept, Deva is survining in market more than 15 years, without break with handful of movies.

Dont measure anybody's work with howmany National Awards they get. Infact, MSV also did not get any National Award and Shivaji also. Can anybody tell MSV does not know music and Sivaji is not an actor?.

njv
16th October 2005, 06:23 PM
poRumai...poRumai....

Upto today totally 29 votes been polled. Out of them 18 for IsaingAni and 11 for ThEnisai thenRal. So it is proved one third of hubbers accept it. But neenga solrapadi pArthaal all 29 votes must be put for IR.

The 11 votes are not by Deva fans or common unbiased music lovers. They are ARR fans. I cant imagine someone is so senseless and blind to open this thread.

Music4Ever
16th October 2005, 08:16 PM
"The 11 votes are not by Deva fans or common unbiased music lovers. They are ARR fans. I cant imagine someone is so senseless and blind to open this thread."

My vote goes to IR and I am an ARR fan (people who know me call me a strong ARR fan). There is NO way you can compare IR and Deva though. Indeed, as in NJV's words, the former is really the sun while the latter is the moon. It is a travesty to have only 18 say no. Now it is 19. I hope more unbiased fans vote to give the true real picture (that IR is incomparable).

That said, Deva is good in his own right. He has composed many good songs but he will never be IR.

Scale
16th October 2005, 10:17 PM
"The 11 votes are not by Deva fans or common unbiased music lovers. They are ARR fans. I cant imagine someone is so senseless and blind to open this thread."

I strongly Object this! The creator of this thread is a HC Deva fan & 1 more guy is there named sudalai who is also a Deva fan, I am sure.

From our side I am confident, none of the ARR fans would have stepped the poll even by mistake.

Music4ever & njv!, Do you want me to create another poll to prove this! This thread is almost dead, Why a HC IR fan has to re-activate it.

Many of them claim they are HC ARR fans :lol: Good!

Music4Ever
17th October 2005, 08:45 AM
Scale dude, don't misquote me. It was NJV who said what you have quoted. Apart from that I don't know what you are talking in your post. If you doubt my support for ARR all you have to do is read my other posts which should be quite easy.

Kumanan
17th October 2005, 10:15 AM
Music4Eever,

Do not waste your time explaining your identity to these people because they are very busy proving their man is the hero and all other MDs are zero at any cost!(I am not particular about anyone)

I have been regular visitor for the past 4+ years (even though i do not post often) and know you well as a Rahman fan even before some of these Senior hubbers (!) started out to post. No offence to them.

vincent is a very humorus person (another Seniour hubber, if you check profile! - Moderator, should quantity of posts decide these titles?!). He was starting quite bunch of similar threads months ago(YSR > ARR, HR > ARR, Deva >= IR..i am not sure of the exact equations he started as threads) and he is too busy somewhere out there in another thread!

my two cents for this meaningless yet interesting thread: Just because funny guy vincent stated such an idiotic comparison, we should not insult Deva. Even though he lifted a lot, he did make some nice melodies("Gokulathil Seethai", "Ennasai Machan" for instance). Also he was the main competitor in the latter part of IR and early years of ARR.

Scale
17th October 2005, 02:33 PM
Scale dude, don't misquote me. It was NJV who said what you have quoted. Apart from that I don't know what you are talking in your post. If you doubt my support for ARR all you have to do is read my other posts which should be quite easy.

M4e dude!,

Oops! Why do u all (shankar,u & someothers) alter the default quoting message format. It's confusing who quoted what?

I reiterate, none of the ARR fans would have voted it. Every ARR fan is a big admirer of IR and have high regards to him. We are not dim-witted to compare him to deva by voting the poll. :(

Thats my point! :D

Pls stop posting. Let this thread die 8-)

mr_karthik
17th October 2005, 02:58 PM
Just because vincent stated such a comparison, we should not insult Deva. Even though he lifted a lot, he did make some nice melodies("Gokulathil Seethai", "Ennasai Machan" for instance). Also he was the main competitor in the latter part of IR and early years of ARR.
Please add some more like:

kAthal kOttai
ninaithEn vandhAi
kannethirE thOdrinAL...... somany.

In 1990, Deva got Cinema Express award for best MD, for Vasantha kAla paravaigaL, pudhu manithan. These selection is not by four or five persons like National Award. Its purely by polling votes by public, throughout Tamil Nadu. Atleast for that year people accpted he is better than IR.

Why I was posted such comment in my previous posting is, because that guy vickyvichu is not even to accept Deva as a man. (accepting him as a MD is another thing).

Music4Ever
17th October 2005, 10:31 PM
Scale dude, in future please read posts carefully before jumping on someone.

Kumanan, thanks for your support. Nice to know there is at least one person out there who thinks I am ARR supporter :) However, I also regard IR as one of TFM's all-time best, although I much relish the music of MSV and ARR.

MADDY
18th October 2005, 12:34 AM
music4ever, i dunt think anyone needs to xplain here to anyone that whose fan is he......their statements are enuf to identify their mindset.....so i dunt think u need to xplain to scale that u r a ARR fan....

however, u shuld also know that there were threads "Vidyasagar is as gud as ARR" and YSR vs HJ vs ARR.....i think it was more condemnable than this thread( given that u r a ARR-fan), where there was no trace of u.....insult to ARR is as big as insult to IR.....

Music4Ever
18th October 2005, 01:17 AM
MADDY, there you go without really understanding the import of my post. NJV's post cast some aspersions on ARR fans and I felt justified to reply that not all his assertions are correct. And to prove that I cast my vote in favor of IR. Otherwise I do not involve myself in this voting business. That should explain why I have not replied to other posts comparing ARR to other current MDs.

IR's achievement, IMO, is beyond cavil. Thirty years of significant achievement is not something to be scoffed at. Very few, if any, can match him.

18th October 2005, 03:59 AM
Thirty years of significant achievement is not something to be scoffed at. Very few, if any, can match him.

Superabbu, Superabbu, there stands IR :thumbsup: :clap:

interz
18th October 2005, 05:14 PM
back then he didnt have much competition as he has now!!!! only magazines praises him and the very old generation, the young generation celebrates ARR.

rajasaranam
18th October 2005, 09:45 PM
back then he didnt have much competition as he has now!!!! only magazines praises him and the very old generation, the young generation celebrates ARR.

This is one more Accusation thrown on IR's supremacy in TFM. Well i belive there was competition from SG, CB on a big scale and there were people like SAR, devendran, VSnarasimhan, Adithyan, deva and many more obscure composers who wre trying hard to break even. But IR's Aura was such magnificient that nobody was able to outcast him. Until another brilliant composer like ARR stepped in to give a stiff competition and was able to gain supremacy over IR after a brief stalling time.
You cant be always saying that just because IR didnt have competition he was the winner in other words i see IR was the best who was able to over power his competitors. Still he is revered among critics and tamizh makkal as the only all time best composer proves his caliber.

Sanguine Sridhar
18th October 2005, 10:48 PM
wAit wait!! Oh my goodness...what a topic...it is like comparing "Thayir vadai" desigan to N.S.K

app_engine
18th October 2005, 10:58 PM
After MSV's movies (& hits) reduced to a great extent, and S-G mostly doing remakes of Hindi songs (or remakes of Raja songs), it was TR's songs which were reverberating through out TN...Infact, TR's songs were as much popular as ARR songs later in TN (as an alternative to IR).

Even if we exclude OTR (which outshone most IR songs of that year) as a combo effort with AA Raj & things like that, RP & UU made his music immensely popular...and so was the `julie I love you' song...

One of my classmates, a HCIRF, used to remark that he hears as many times TR songs of just one album in public (tea shop, bus, functions etc) as IR songs from many albums. Though limited in his range and prolificity, TR was one competition to IR for a while...

Deva, while scoring for many movies and had his share of hit songs, never had a single album (other than his Rajinikanth ventures probably) reverberate everywhere in TN like the TR stuff...that's probably one reason why he faded out fast...

TR could have become a true competitor to IR had he not gone mad - putting his hand in everything, including politics...just sticking to lyrics & music would have earned him more name & fame IMO...

Sanguine Sridhar
18th October 2005, 11:03 PM
//digression

app-engine...neenga peoplesoft expert-a?

app_engine
18th October 2005, 11:15 PM
Another collegemate from Trichy always used to recall a student event or youth event where there was light music competition and IR was the judge...it seems almost every troop played `vAsamillA malaridhu' (big rage of the year and easy for stage teams to play too)....mughaththil ee AdAmal IR utkArndhirundhadhAga avan adikkadi kooRuvAn (especially ennai veRuppEththa)...

umaramesh
19th October 2005, 11:33 AM
I think IR dominance come to an end after Annamalai success.Till that point no one willing to take the risk of moving away from IR.
As some one rightly said after ANNAMALAI success,Rajini confidently gave BASHA/ARUNACHALAM to deva. They switched over to ARR from Deva but not willing to come back to IR.

ROJA/GENTLEMAN did most of the damage (we should accept the fact) and ARR wave started. Rest is history.

uma ramesh

mr_karthik
19th October 2005, 01:00 PM
wAit wait!! Oh my goodness...what a topic...it is like comparing "Thayir vadai" desigan to N.S.K
But 'Thayirvadai' Desikan got 13 votes (out of 37 polled). This itself a big insult to your modern NSK.

S.Balaji
19th October 2005, 01:39 PM
Romba romba aniyamunga edhu..... :oops: :o

I think all IR bashers will have a nice time in this thread ! as they can post all their negative views on IR here...

I wish to just enjoy reading all the postings here without commenting
:o

Wish to mention only one aspect about Deva... I have seen him conducting light music programmes in Mylapore Luz corner during Ganesh Chathurthi and other special days.
From a very modest beginning, he rose to give some good hits.

Annaal dhayavuseidhu dont compare him with IR and invite the rage of IR disciples !!

Sanjeevi
19th October 2005, 02:02 PM
I think IR dominance come to an end after Annamalai success.

:banghead: :evil: :twisted: What about Ejaman, Thalapathi, Veera (After muthu) were super duper musical hits, came after Annamalai.

What a stupid posting. The great credit goes to only ARR. ARR is the MD to break IR domination. But this does not mean ARR or Dava good as IR.

Yaroda yara compare bannurathunae vivasthaiyae illaiya.

IR is a SUN and Dava is a moon. Think the light of Moon without Sun.

S.Balaji
19th October 2005, 02:20 PM

:banghead: :evil: :twisted: What about Ejaman, Thalapathi, Veera (After muthu) were super duper musical hits, came after Annamalai.

What a stupid posting. The great credit goes to only ARR. ARR is the MD to break IR domination. But this does not mean ARR or Dava good as IR.

Dear Sanjeevi...

This is what life is all about ! I think you are now getting a taste of your OWN MEDICINE . I remember , earlier you questioned about the capabilities of another legend MSV and you also mentioned that he copied from Hindi movies !
What turmoil MSV had to undergo when IR was at his best...now IR has to undergo against the current generation.... Probably ARR may come close to IR but no one can match IR ....thats for sure...

best regards

19th October 2005, 03:20 PM
Another collegemate from Trichy always used to recall a student event or youth event where there was light music competition and IR was the judge...it seems almost every troop played `vAsamillA malaridhu' (big rage of the year and easy for stage teams to play too)....mughaththil ee AdAmal IR utkArndhirundhadhAga avan adikkadi kooRuvAn (especially ennai veRuppEththa)...

:rotfl:

Sanjeevi
19th October 2005, 04:43 PM

Dear Sanjeevi...

This is what life is all about ! I think you are now getting a taste of your OWN MEDICINE . I remember , earlier you questioned about the capabilities of another legend MSV and you also mentioned that he copied from Hindi movies !
What turmoil MSV had to undergo when IR was at his best...now IR has to undergo against the current generation.... Probably ARR may come close to IR but no one can match IR ....thats for sure...

best regards

Dear Balaji,

Once I questioned about MSV only based on soem heard matters. But i accept MSV is a true legend. MSV, IR and ARR are the legends and we should proud.

But comparing a third rated (2nd rated?) MD like Deva with IR is cheap taste.

Thanks

lancelot
19th October 2005, 05:16 PM
change the topic to "DEVA IS AS GOOD AS IR's ASS"
hehe
:D

app_engine
19th October 2005, 06:52 PM
digression...
Beckham / Sridhar, sariyAna kaNdupidippu ayyA:-)
end-digression

Vysar
30th October 2005, 06:44 AM
Deva is much better than IR atleast Deva never rips off any one for his own selfish motives. The only thing deva rips is some ones music.

interz
30th October 2005, 06:59 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Vysar

nilavupriyan
30th October 2005, 09:35 PM
hehe

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

interz
7th November 2005, 05:27 AM
where is Deva and Ilayaraja in 2005???????

Nowhere near to Mds like ARR, HJ, YSR

nilavupriyan
7th November 2005, 09:43 AM
where is Deva and Ilayaraja in 2005???????

Nowhere near to Mds like ARR, HJ, YSR

where is shivaji ganesan in 80's...nowhere near kamal and rajni...so will u say shivaji is inferior to them?

be sensible plz

rajdes
7th November 2005, 10:41 AM
"Deva is much better than IR atleast Deva never rips off any one for his own selfish motives. The only thing deva rips is some ones music"

tso..tso...vaayila kai vecha kadikka theriyaadhu paavam deva-vukku.
He has made a career of ripping off others' songs and notes for his personal gain - and oyu have the temerity to suggest that he is a musician and a gentleman - vaazhga ungal objectivity and biasless judgement. **snigger**.

interz
7th November 2005, 10:39 PM
Still searching for big hits from ILayaraja and Deva in 2005, hard to find!!!!

Sinthiya
8th November 2005, 01:48 AM
hehe

IR is FAR better!

stranger
8th November 2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry guys, it aint funny! :evil:

nilavupriyan
8th November 2005, 10:35 AM
hehe

IR is FAR better!

the most funny topic of tfm page........

mr_karthik
9th November 2005, 11:34 AM
Friends.....

I request a clarification (which is noway connected with this thread)

In the movie "NErukku nEr", there is a song for Surya and Simram (Not mamam virumbuthey, another one). Music by Deva.

It was shooted in Kolkatta (Culcatta). In the full song Surya & Simran are running. It was sung by Hariharan and another female singer (I dont know her name and dont want to know...)

I heared that song more than 213 times, and watched that song in TV more than 157 times, but the tragedy is till now I dont know the first line of the song, which started by that female singer. She is murmering something with the tune.

Deva does not have any other female singer to sing that song, which everyone can hear it clearly?. She is singing by herself, but only some sound is coming from her.

I am not a deaf, because I can hear all other songs very clearly.

Can anybody, who is having good ears than me and possesing good hearing capacity, can tell me what is the pallavi started by that "murmuring lady"....??????????????????????. please...

zz
9th November 2005, 12:51 PM
karthik.

Ha..ha..ha..

The female lead is aasha bhosle and the song is "Engenge..engenge...enge......".

I am surprised at your comments.

mr_karthik
9th November 2005, 02:19 PM
karthik.

The female lead is aasha bhosle and the song is "Engenge..engenge...enge......".

zz..

That means, you also dont know the pallavi.

Am I correct..?

(The present MDs are very careful that, people should not hear the words in the songs clearly. If they hear, then they will ask the meaning. edhukku vambu?. summA sound mattum koduthAl pOdhumnu ninaikirAnga).

'Mella thamizh ini sAgum?'....... ooohum... seekiramAgavE sAgum..

randakka....randakka....randakka...randakka....

mr_karthik
9th November 2005, 06:35 PM
Hello..zz..

I can understand the song starts with 'engenge...engenge'.... but after this two words, she is singing (sorry....murmuring) something as pallavi. I want to know that words. Till now I am sure that only four know that lines, they are lyric writer, music director, singer and GOD. I will be surprise if a fifth person knows it.

"engenge...engenge................................. ..........
.................................................. .........................
.................................................. .........thodAthey"

If anybody fill this blank with correct words, as in the song, they will be crowned.

S.Balaji
9th November 2005, 11:42 PM
Deva has composed a beautiful number .... Priya priya o priya from Kattabomman ( acted by Sarath kumar )
Hope its original....from Deva.... anyone can come up with facts ??

Ofcourse there is another song in the movie.... Padhinettu vayasu...etc etc.... is a clear lift from Sashti kavasam.... composed by Sulamangalam sisters...sad sad sad....

yvsmani
10th November 2005, 09:51 AM
s.balaji :
padhinettu vayasu is from sooriyan.
kattabomman has one more good no. by PS * KJY - koondai vittu oru paravai koodu thaandi pochchu vazhi konalmaanal achchu

S.Balaji
10th November 2005, 10:09 PM
YVSM....

Yes , I stand corrected....thanks for pointing out....

In sooryan...there is another nice song... Manaadhi mannangal kadhai kettu paaru...

Vysar
11th November 2005, 02:33 AM
We know ARR drove IR out of zenith, but it was Deva who actually put IR nether. Deva was flying high from 95 till 2001. He might steal the tunes and I don't call it a crime.

People for cheap publicity say I am going to donate to tsunami and music college and do nothing thats a shame. But on the other hand Deva never broken any promises like that.

ARR say lot of things for publicity but I never seen him breaking promises. He has done of lot of concerts for good causes. I salute him for that.

There is a saying tamil
" Nallathu Seyanumnnu Avasiyam Illai annal Pirarukku Keduthal Seyakudaathu"

Sanguine Sridhar
11th November 2005, 04:33 AM
Deva is best only in Ghana...Remainig songs are big copy....Backstreet boys,Enigma,MJ Ellarum Deva composing-a paatha thooku maatikittu sethu poiduvaanga!

sureshc
11th November 2005, 12:10 PM
Deva and his 2 brothers team up to copy he best tunes! They can be compared with Anu malik at the most or Anand milind.

Deva innum 10 jenmam eduthalum ir maathiri think kuda panna mudiyathu.

interz
11th November 2005, 05:09 PM
It takes creativity to do gaana songs.
Deva does not only copy. He has also given unique melodies in the 90's. IF u want examples i can mention many songs.

zz
11th November 2005, 06:51 PM
karthik..

Ha..ha..ha...you are true...now I realise I too do not exactly remember the first two lines...

vyasar...though your posting has a praise for ARR which I like, but I guess your posting containing the intended meaning of whatever it is could have been avoided in this tread at this point as what ever allegations that are against IR is some thing which has not yet been proved as neighter IR not the other parties have come out in public with statement.

As I have mentioned in the other thread, liking IR's melodies should be a mutually exclusive experiences from the realization of the person IR is.
This is all IMHO.

Alien
14th November 2005, 07:56 AM
:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

buddysathi
14th November 2005, 10:42 PM
Use google.com..Google-la thalaivar-unu search pannina rajnifans.com open aagira madiri,, Isai-nu search pannina IR site open aaga poguthu..Google is still testing it.

swathy
6th December 2005, 07:14 PM
epdi ipdi oru vaarthai . how can u say this?

vincent really baddd

dinesh2002
8th December 2005, 09:05 AM
ofcource deva is not as good as IR,but deva can give score if the movie has good banner/actor:

1.Nereukku Ner (check out manam virumbathe song,great)

he gives good score for rajini/kamal movies.

m_23_bayarea
8th December 2005, 09:14 AM
Use google.com..Google-la thalaivar-unu search pannina rajnifans.com open aagira madiri,, Isai-nu search pannina IR site open aaga poguthu..Google is still testing it.

Haha nice try !!! Thalaiver nu potta Rajinifans.com thaan varum ..

Aana isai nu potta, athu isaipuyal ARR thaan !!! :D

buddysathi
8th December 2005, 11:41 AM

Haha nice try !!! Thalaiver nu potta Rajinifans.com thaan varum ..

Aana isai nu potta, athu isaipuyal ARR thaan !!! :D

Naanae arai loose madiri etho oru reel adichi vitta.. neenga muzhu loosa erupeenga poliruku!?! :?

nilavupriyan
8th December 2005, 11:46 AM
deva looks as good as ilayaraja.......?

pinna ilayaraja paata copy adicha apdi than theriyum

dinesh2002
9th December 2005, 11:34 AM
:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i can give u the list man

1.Katril varum geetham - ONOK - IR
2.Yaarathu Yaarathu - English karan - Deva

swathy
14th December 2005, 01:16 PM
deva looks as good as ilayaraja.......?

pinna ilayaraja paata copy adicha apdi than theriyum

Well said nilavu

i like many songs composed by Deva

but I can't compare him with the legend and all.

phil
2nd July 2006, 09:09 PM
May be Vincent is Deva, posting in this forum with a different name :roll:

kalnayak
2nd July 2006, 11:06 PM
Vincent Oru Deva Veriyarnu theriyuthu.