PDA

View Full Version : 10 best comedy movies ever

Cain84
18th April 2005, 01:52 AM
I'm talking about the late 80's to the 90's era where movies like poochake oru mookuthi and sandesam etc were made

lemme hear ur opinions

bambal_khan
23rd April 2005, 07:54 PM
All tamil movies are comedy movies. Just looking at the actors is good enough to make a person crack up. All the actors are dark skinned pot bellied moustached ugly geezers who run around wearing a lungi or a dhoti.
Just look at how funny [ugly] some tamil actors look
kamal Hassan --> his [over]acting can even bring a smile on animals faces.
Rajnikant--> hahahha when he moves his hand, sound emerges whoosh whoosh. how corny.
Vijaykant---> hahahhahahahah no need to say anything

Girish11
6th May 2005, 06:54 AM
All tamil movies are comedy movies. Just looking at the actors is good enough to make a person crack up. All the actors are dark skinned pot bellied moustached ugly geezers who run around wearing a lungi or a dhoti.
Rajnikant--> hahahha when he moves his hand, sound emerges whoosh whoosh. how corny.

Bambal Khan, I think before giving such comments, one should
know what he/she is talking about, have you really seen
enough Tamil movies to give these comments? Instead of
giving just such general comments, can you give some
movies as your reference? You may have seen one or 2 tamil
movies but that is not enough to arrive on a judgement.

BTW, some comedy movies which I though were really good:

Hindi:

Muskurahat (really funny movie but did not get noticed
since no big stars were there in this movie and
director Priyadarshan was not popular then)

Andaz apna apna

Hungama from the recent movies too was good.

Chachi 420

Tamil :

Michael Madhana kaama rajan.

Kaadhala Kaadhala

Ilavenil
6th May 2005, 07:56 AM

Angae mattum yenna vazhutham, naanga ellam karuppa irrunthallum, nadippunu vanthal karuththa nadippom. Unga oorlae nadippukku artham theriyumanae theriyallae (nadippuna yenna vilai kosthinga). :lol:

NM
6th May 2005, 10:01 AM
Angae mattum yenna vazhutham, naanga ellam karuppa irrunthallum, nadippunu vanthal karuththa nadippom. Unga oorlae nadippukku artham theriyumanae theriyallae (nadippuna yenna vilai kosthinga). :lol:
Ilavenil.....nalla oru pOdu pOtteenge! :lol: :lol: syabas! :thumbsup:

Ilavenil
6th May 2005, 11:41 PM
Ilavenil.....nalla oru pOdu pOtteenge! :lol: :lol: syabas! :thumbsup:

Pinna yenna NM, nammala summa summa karuppu karuppungrannunga, thoppangranunga? Avunga oor policekaran koda than thoppa vacchi irrukkan, atha ketka maattaanunga. :roll: Yennavo Americavula piranthu Indiala valarnthathaa ninaippu. :P

P_R
7th May 2005, 12:06 AM
Best Comedy films
1) Michael Madana Kama Rajan
2) Ullatthai Alli Thaa
3) Veettukku Veedu
4) Sathi Leelavathi
5) Thillu Mullu

These were in order of preference.

stranger
7th May 2005, 12:32 AM
blah blah blah

:notworthy:

Ilavenil
7th May 2005, 01:33 AM
Best Comedy films
1) Michael Madana Kama Rajan
2) Ullatthai Alli Thaa
3) Veettukku Veedu
4) Sathi Leelavathi
5) Thillu Mullu

These were in order of preference.

Hi Prabhu Ram,

"Ullaththai alli thaa" had scenes similar to "Andaz Apna Apna", especially the climax scene. I think AAA came first, so, I really couldn't enjoy it.

Rest, I agree with you.

I think old movies like Bama Vijayam, Kathalikka neram illai, Madras to Pondicherry, Soap seepu kannadi are really good ones too.

chaotic whisperz
7th May 2005, 01:37 AM
what the hell?!?! what kinda movies are these

i never heard of any of them?////////

BOLLYWOOD WHA GWAN???

stranger
7th May 2005, 01:49 AM
1. kaathalikka nEramillai

2. balE pANdiA

3. thookku thookki (never took the sentiments seriously)

4. thiru viLaiyaadal (comedy track with BaalaiyA and nAgEsh)

5. thillu mullu

6. maNal kayiRu

7. maNNan, raajaathi raja, gurusishyan (comedy tracks with Visu and vinu chakravarthy)

-to be contd.

Ilavenil
7th May 2005, 01:49 AM

BOLLYWOOD WHA GWAN???

These are English movies. :lol:

NM
7th May 2005, 06:06 AM
All the above were good ones!!

Some more....

Server Sundram (Nagesh)
Virelukku yetra veekkem (Vadiveloo)
Lucky Man (Karthik, Goundamani, Senthil)

Two more that I can't remember the names...
i) Prabhu, Vadiveloo & SV Shekhar (is it thirupathi, yelumalai, vengadesa??)
ii) Vivek and Kovai Sarala (Kovai is a bit loosu and ses Vivek as
the yelumalaiyaan, her fatheris Venneereaadai moorthy)

Ilavenil.........enna pannurathu, vade naattu aatkelku thennaatu aatkelei kandaal oru "ithu" thaan..... :cry: Anyway, neengethaan nalla pOdu pottutteenggeley!

Ilavenil
7th May 2005, 06:11 AM
the yelumalaiyaan, her fatheris Venneereaadai moorthy)

ithu vanthu, Vishwanathan Ramamoorthy, sariyana comedy padam.

nickraman
7th May 2005, 06:36 AM
Mumbai Xpress [hindi]

Chachi 420

PKS

the list goes on...

P_R
7th May 2005, 10:07 AM
the yelumalaiyaan, her fatheris Venneereaadai moorthy) You are talking about Visvanadhan-Ramamoorthy. It was a sad remake of the classic Veettukku Veedu (Jaishankar,Lakshmi,Nagesh,Muthuraman,VKR). Do see that . Sure you'll like it much better.
Ullaththai alli thaa" had scenes similar to "Andaz Apna Apna", especially the climax scene. I think AAA came first, so, I really couldn't enjoy it. Andaz Apna Apna was really really funny. In fact it is one of the funniest Hindi movies made. Ullatthai Allitthaa drew heavily from AndazApna Apna and Sabash Meena (which is among Chandrababu's best) but I still loved UA for the simple reason: Goundamani. The man is a riot:
Jaiganesh (to Jothimeena): Yen vaazhkaile paadhi indha bomb tank appidinnu yudhathileye poyidichu
Goundamani: Ennamo second world war' aye indha aal dhaan nadathinaa maadhiri pesaran paar

NM
7th May 2005, 11:43 AM
Prabhu Ram : Thanks for the info.. will certainly watch that movie! :wink: :wink:

Surya
8th May 2005, 12:18 AM
Munna Bhai MBBS!! :thumbsup:

Also Vasoo Raja MBBS. :D

P_R
10th May 2005, 08:58 AM
Munna Bhai MBBS!! :thumbsup:
Also Vasoo Raja MBBS. :D Strange youm mention them together. The only people I know who enjoyed vasoolraja are those who haven't seen Munnabhai. I felt Munnabhai is so much better than Vasool Raja ! I felt miserably let down watching VasoolRaja. Even Crazy was not in form and Abbaz Tyrewala had run a riot in Munnabhai. What say you ?

ramsri
10th May 2005, 06:57 PM
agree with PR - vasool raja was a let-down and it's not difficult to see why most people who enjoyed munna bhai found the tamil version difficult to digest.

but carrying on with this topic - a couple of comedies that were equally effective in both tamil and hindi

1. Gol Maal
Thillu Mullu

2. Avvai Shanmugi
Chachi 420

of course, Gol Maal-Thillu Mullu is prob'ly the more accurate comparison bcos of balachandar's version of the film proving just as wholesomely entertaining as hrishikesh mukherjee's classic ... whereas in the case of "Avvai" and "Chachi" kamal haasan was resposible for both films so it's not really surprising the two films turned out the way they did...

P_R
10th May 2005, 07:20 PM
1. Gol Maal
Thillu Mullu
I liked both films. It was one the very few KB films that I like w/o any reservation.
My favourite Amol Palekar comedy is 'Choti Si baath' by Basu Chaterji. Amol Palekar and Ashok Kumar run a riot there. Wonder why it was never remade in Tamil ?

ramsri
11th May 2005, 10:22 PM
My favourite Amol Palekar comedy is 'Choti Si baath' by Basu Chaterji. Amol Palekar and Ashok Kumar run a riot there. Wonder why it was never remade in Tamil ?

yeah ... i remember that film, especially the scene where asrani meets ashok kumar for the first time -

asrani - aap hi hain naa, woh ... julius vagerah vagerah singh ?
AK - julius nagendranath wilfred singh !!!

HindustaniLadka
12th May 2005, 12:50 AM
Munna Bhai MBBS
Hungama
Main Hoon Na(the parts that are supposed to be funny)

chaotic whisperz
12th May 2005, 11:38 PM

BOLLYWOOD WHA GWAN???

These are English movies. :lol:

i dunno what kinda english you be speakin... yall are messed

Niranjana
13th May 2005, 10:04 PM
Poochakku oru Mookuthi

Deem Tarikkida Dom

Mazha Payyunnu Madhallam Kottunnu

Kilukkam

Nadodi Kaattu

Pattana Pravesham

HariKrishnans

...........Can't remember anything else rite now.

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:26 PM
every movie has comedy, the singing and dancing parts that occur out of no where now thats funny especially when the guys dancing faggot moves

lordstanher
8th June 2005, 11:22 AM

yeah ... i remember that film, especially the scene where asrani meets ashok kumar for the first time

I even hav the VCd of tat movie! :D I esp. like the 2 songs (Janeman Janeman & Na Jane Kyoon) in it! :wink:

Also luv Gol maal (Hrishikesh Mukherji's), again hav a VCD of tat too...... :D my fav. scene in tat movie is at the end where Amol & the heroine try to escape from her angry father in a tatty old blue Standard Herald car.......and Amol knocks a traffic cop onto the car, b4 dropping him off onto the road a little dist. away...... :D
Pity such movies r seldom made today!

chaotic whisperz
8th June 2005, 08:24 PM
every movie has comedy, the singing and dancing parts that occur out of no where now thats funny especially when the guys dancing faggot moves

i retract my statement... any movie that isnt Bollywood isnt funny... they're just plain stupid

nilavupriyan
2nd July 2005, 06:09 PM
many kamal haasan's movies were all timers in comedy
1)avvai shanmugi
2)sathileelavathi
3)michel madhana kama rajan
4)pks etc

as for as comedians kavundamani rocks
for instance
in kovil kalai

one pichakaran:yenna vaayiya idhu.enna vaayi
kavundamani :thol vayida..patha theriyala
pichakaran:unkooda utkandha enakkum pitcha kedaikkadhu(he goes angrily)
kavundamani:oh!government officer velaya resign pannitu porardo.
sori puducha monna naye.adutha theruvala poi pichai edukka povuthu.adhu udura lavutta paru.enna sound uduthuda.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cucushock
13th July 2005, 04:35 PM
vaseegara
kamal's comedy movies
shahruk's duplicate

nilavupriyan
13th July 2005, 06:23 PM
place the camera inside bambal khan's house.you can watch the best comedy film

ramsri
10th August 2005, 02:29 PM
I even hav the VCd of tat movie! :D I esp. like the 2 songs (Janeman Janeman & Na Jane Kyoon) in it! :wink:

there's another song in 'Chhoti Si Baat' called, 'Ye Din Kya Aaye' sung by Mukesh. it's a beautiful number, with great lyrics - also very well picturised. overall, the film had a great soundtrack, highly underrated. music by salil choudhary??