PDA

View Full Version : Chembai legend of all times...

Oldposts
13th April 2005, 02:44 PM
Topic started by Siby Koodalloor (koodalloorkkaran@yahoo.com) (@ 61.11.12.9) on Wed Jul 18 04:41:55 .

The discussion thread on Chembai seems to have been lost. I'm just starting a thread in continuation of the former.

Oldposts
Recently, I listened to a few recordings of Chembai. endorumahanubhalu - Sri; nidhichaala sukhama -- Kalyani; raghuvamsa sudha. endoru & nidhichala are very good, though the recording quality of the II one is not that good.
In the ragavistara of nidhichaala, Chembai uses a bit different style, and voice also sounds bit different. It was bit funny to listen to that style of ragavistaara.

But raghuvamsa did not bring out the usual Chembai we have listened to. I should also add that the recording was poorly done.

Oldposts
Not many have heard Chembai

Oldposts
Heard somewhere....

When chembai was traveling by train, some one asked him "semmangudiano" and chembai replied. "enikku kudi illa, gnan verum chembaiyanu"

Oldposts
It would be very much appreciated if you can make available a concert of Chembai Bagavathar in the web site.

Oldposts
It would be very much appreciated if you can make available a concert of Chembai Bagavathar in the web site.

Oldposts
i am looking for his audio cd's -am willing to pay-anyone has any idea pls mail me.

Oldposts
One of my friends based in Chennai is under processing of a website exclusively for Guru Chembai. Pls try at www.chembai.org or chembai.com.. I do not think, Audio CDs of Chembai is available in market. Saregama has some series on Cassette. Dr. KJY's Tharangini has also come up with 2 - 3 cassettes titled as GURUSMARANA. I am also a great lover of Guru Chembai, as I hail from his very near vicinity. Now Chembai Sangeethosatvom (90th) is going on there and Dr. KJY is scheduled to have his concert there tomorrow ie. 2nd March '04.

Oldposts
thanx v.much

Oldposts
http://www.chembai.com/

Oldposts
chembai's pantuvarali is my favourite-no one (except semmangudi) knows to exploit the raga like him.

Oldposts
chembai's pantuvarali is my favourite-no one (except semmangudi) knows to exploit the raga like him.

Oldposts
I heard Chembai from AIR once. That time I was not interested in karnatic music.But chembai made spellbound and now I am obssesed to his Music.I advice to his rendering the song "sarasakha paripalaya" inthe rag panthuvarali.

Oldposts
I heard Chembai from AIR once. That time I was not interested in karnatic music.But chembai made me spellbound and now I am obssesed to his Music.I advice to hear his rendering the song "sarasakha paripalaya" inthe rag panthuvarali.

Oldposts
that was precisely the song i meant(panthuvarali)-also in the same raga is sambho mahadeva which is equally fantastic

Oldposts
Another Keerthana, Siva Siva, which is also in Pantuvarali is also good. What about Rakshamam Saranagatham. It is simply great. I don't think that anybody else can render that Keerthana in that way. Listening to that piece is blissful. (I'm not exaggerating)

Oldposts
who is cembai?

Oldposts
Chembai's 'Manavyalagim' is also too good !!

Also, his version of 'Raghuvamsa sudha' is great !
In the rendering of swaras, he adopts a different style and pattern, which is really facinating !

Oldposts
any topic on Chembai will be incomplete without mention of his Rendering of "sayankale Vananthe Kusumitha...".
There is an AIR bangalore rendering of Balagopala in Bhairavi,in which he has given magical touches to the neraval in "Drona Karna Duryodhanadi...".
I will be too willing to give these tracks to chennai based chembai-enthusiasts

<a name="last"></a>