PDA

View Full Version : House Hold Tips

Pages : 1 [2]

sarithasai5
21st September 2005, 08:29 AM
Hi Seetha!
Thanks a lot for the tip:)
Will try out and let u know the result. :)

gvb
24th September 2005, 01:40 AM
Hi ,
Can any of you suggest how to clean the Tv screen/computer screen and such?I have been using Clorox wet wipes and i would like to know if any better suited solution is there?

Thanks
GVB

MysoreHudugi
24th September 2005, 02:00 AM
GVB,
Use pledge wipes. They are better. Or you can use windex spray or wipes.

If you have more patience and time, you can use vinegar mixed with water in the ratio 1:6 and spray it and wipe it with lint free cloth. Vinegar + Water mixture is one of the cheapest and best cleaner of glass.

Hope this helps.
CI.

R
24th September 2005, 02:15 AM
CI,

Can u suggest me the duration we can use the ziploc bags? Need to know specifically to put tiffin boxes or any snacks stored in the same.

Though use to wash with soap and run under cold water thoroughly, would like to know whether it is ok to use for a long time??

Thanks for yr feedback in advance.

MysoreHudugi
24th September 2005, 02:21 AM
R,
You can re-use them as long as there are no holes in the bag and the zipper works fine. I usually do not reuse storage bags, but reuse freezer bags. Since they are thicker, they work better at reuse. Plus, if I may suggest, the tiffin or cooked food is better if stored in Glad or Take alongs. You can reuse them as many times as you want - they usually come for more than couple of years if used properly.

If you are using these bags for storing dry items like flour, dal etc, you do not have to wash them, but fill them up again until the outer surface starts looking dirty. You can then either throw them or wash them and reuse.

Hope this helps.
CI.

gvb
24th September 2005, 04:00 AM
Thanks CI.I wasn't aware of pledge wipes until u told me.But if i can use windex that wud be the easiest option for me..Can u tell me if i can use the same for the entire Tv,the body i mean?

GVB

MysoreHudugi
24th September 2005, 04:06 AM
GVB,
Yes. You can use them for the entire TV.

CI.

gv
24th September 2005, 04:57 AM
Thanks CI and SL for the reply on sankata hara chaturthi!
GV

gvb
26th September 2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks for replying CI

rsankar
9th October 2005, 02:53 AM
Hello ,

anyone please tell me, Is Brother sewing and embroidery machine is the best? I'm going to buy it here in uk. Is this machine will work in India after 2...3...years, when I'll go to there. (brand name - INNOVIS 500D or NV500d)

India - Singer sewing machine and UK Singer sewing machine, these two machines are same brand or different one?

Thanks
rsankar.

Shoba
9th October 2005, 09:14 AM
Dear Friends,

The household tips posted here are really very useful. Thanks to everyone! I found the silverware cleaning tip the most useful.

I have a small problem at hand. I have a heavy duty stainless steel cooking pot, which unfortunately 'adi pidichufied' big time recently. Usually I would soak it in soap & warm water overnight and the following day it would be easy to clean it out with the steel sponge scrubber. No luck this time though :( .

I've been scrubbing little by little everyday and continuing to leave the vessel soaked in soap water overnight. At this rate I would be lucky to get it cleaned by next Deepavali!

Any tips, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

Shoba

dev
9th October 2005, 09:21 AM
Hi Shoba,

try this out... sprinkle a good amount of salt & scrub vigorously it with aluminium foil(a big piece nicely crumbled)... I've tried this to clean the stove burners & it worked really well in taking off the the food particles spilled & burnt while cooking & even some rust... but I'm scared that it might leave scratches on the vessels...

Yamuna
9th October 2005, 05:18 PM
Any 'sure' way of removing dirt around the shirt collars ? Even after prior soaking in detergent [Ariel], I have to scrub the collar area with a separate bar soap & nylon brush .....
Is there a better method or detergent to clean the shirt 'totally' in one go ?

MysoreHudugi
9th October 2005, 05:29 PM
Dear Friends,

The household tips posted here are really very useful. Thanks to everyone! I found the silverware cleaning tip the most useful.

I have a small problem at hand. I have a heavy duty stainless steel cooking pot, which unfortunately 'adi pidichufied' big time recently. Usually I would soak it in soap & warm water overnight and the following day it would be easy to clean it out with the steel sponge scrubber. No luck this time though :( .

I've been scrubbing little by little everyday and continuing to leave the vessel soaked in soap water overnight. At this rate I would be lucky to get it cleaned by next Deepavali!

Thanks in anticipation!

Shoba

Try spraying the inside with oven cleaner and leave it for half hour or so. Then scrub with regular sponge. Make sure you wear gloves and then rinse well. All the black layer will come out. Just to get the oven cleaner odor out, fill it up with water and soap and leave it for some time and then wash it again.

Hope this helps.
CI.

MysoreHudugi
9th October 2005, 05:30 PM
Any 'sure' way of removing dirt around the shirt collars ? Even after prior soaking in detergent [Ariel], I have to scrub the collar area with a separate bar soap & nylon brush .....
Is there a better method or detergent to clean the shirt 'totally' in one go ?

Yamuna,
I don't know where you live. But in U.S we get something called 'Spray N Wash'. You get it as spray and stick. I buy the stick for mainly collars. Just before you wash them or a day earlier, slide that stick on the collar and then wash like regular cloth. Collars will be clean and bright.

Hope this helps.

CI.

Shoba
10th October 2005, 02:38 PM
Hi Dev,

Salt didnt do the trick ma :( , but thanks for your suggestion :)

CI hi!,

I'll give the oven cleaner a try and see what happens. Will post results. Thanks a lot!

Shoba

Anoushka
18th October 2005, 07:02 PM
Hello all,

Looks like you are all doing a great job :) I have a question! I have loads of slugs in the garden, how to get rid of them? I tried slug pellets, but they don't work if it rains :( and the beer technique, while that got most of it, some of it remained, reproduced and took over the garden again! Tried salt and that worked wonders too, but I guess I did not get it all!

The rains have started here and it is difficult to do anything solid to clear the garden of this pest!

Thanks,

hemakk
6th November 2005, 09:36 AM
We bought a used sofa last week. It was good for couple of days, and smelling like cigratte there after.

Can anyone suggest how to get rid of that ? Any solution/spray - any thing you think.

Thanks in advance.

rajshank
1st December 2005, 06:16 AM
Hi Gv,

For getting rid of the stickers off the plastic or glass bottles, i just soak them up in a sink full of hot water from the tap overnight. In the morning, the paper just slides off even if u just touch it. What remains sticking to the jar is just the glue used...sometimes all over the jar, and sometimes only on one place....Just give that a slight scrub with the scotch brite (or any scrubber) u use to clean utensils, with little cleaning liquid. The glue easily rinses off clean...

Dry it thoroughly and u can even put them out in the sun for a while, to get rid of the slightest trace of dampness, before storing flour...

Rajshank

tastemakers
1st December 2005, 06:58 PM
Hai

Thanks for all the useful tips posted here. How do we clean the laptop screen. Can we use windex wipes

Thank you

rsankar
22nd March 2006, 03:34 PM
How to convert WMA (song) file as MP3 file?

Thanks
rsankar.

grapes
26th March 2006, 04:06 AM
Dear Friends,

Thanks in anticipation!

Shoba
hi shoba,
i had this problem too i got this tip from kavikuil a forum hubber i worked out great 4 me hope u try it out & it helps u.
sprinkel some baking soda & vinegar on the vessel & rub it with a new scrub as the old one might have some soap in it which might react with the chemicals let it rest 4 30-60 min & then scrub it well with & rinse it well u can use dishsoap after this hope this works 4 u.[/quote]

rsankar
16th June 2007, 04:03 PM
My brother bought "Aravanaa fish". Anyone know what fish food (Brand name) have to feed.

We bought small golden fish also. Which water we have to use for those?

Regards
rsankar.