PDA

View Full Version : Best ATTA

NEHA1222
7th April 2005, 10:23 AM
I WANTED TO KNOW WHICH ATTA IS THE BEST?

Please do the poll and please tell why you like the atta, i think myself and others would like to know the good qualities of your favorite atta so please respond thank you! In addiition feel free to post some recipes of parantas/rotis/puri/bhaturre! Thank you!

NEHA1222
7th April 2005, 10:28 AM
I have tried sujata atta just out of curiosity and let me tell you it is not the best first experince in trying a new product! It is hard to kneed, it is hard to roll and bake and the rotis come out extremely dark, not the best choice! So far i like maya and golden temple!

SlurpSlurp
7th April 2005, 07:56 PM
Hi Neha ,

i too am interested to find best attas but i prefer the whole wheat attas as they r healthier , i believe that golden temple is a refined one though im not sure . i have tried sujata brand & i managed to make soft chapatis out of it. Currently i'm using BIKANERI atta . Its darker ( whole wheat ) but the chapatis are very soft . THis is probably the best one i've come across . Next i'll be trying the Laxmi brand as thats also whole wheat .
What r all the brands u have tried ? i'd like to know if golden temple is easiest to knead ?
thanks .

NEHA1222
8th April 2005, 10:12 AM
yes slurp you are right whole wheat atta is best but the atta used in maya and golden temple is wheat flour but a different kind of wheat flour it is duram atta which is usually used for pastas and spaghetii and yes it very easy to kneed and tastes very good and rotis come out very soft.

nirosha sen
10th April 2005, 07:04 PM
Gosh, you guys!! You certainly have a fine array of atta to try Pa!! I have just been trying out Pilsbury, and so far so good, although I'm no connoiseur!!

Please do give some useful kitchen tested recipes using only Atta, Pa!! Appreciate it! :D

Subramanian Mahadevan
10th April 2005, 08:36 PM
DESI atta sold in US is the best

NEHA1222
15th April 2005, 04:13 AM
THERE IS A NEW BRAND OF WHOLE WHEAT ATTA ON THE MARKET, UNDER THE NAME OF SWAD DESI ATTA AND SWAD BAALLA ATTA SOMETHING LIKE THAT IF ANY BODY HAS TRIED IT PLEASE GIVE YOUR RESPONCE!