PDA

View Full Version : What can I cook and freeze

nilaavu
4th April 2005, 10:12 PM
I am going to India for a vacation . So dinner is going to be a struggle for my husband . I am going to make sambar and freeze in small containers. . I want to know what else can I cook and freeze for my husband while I am away?

thank u

riceandbeans
4th April 2005, 10:16 PM
I personally freeze everything. Either in plastic containers or Ziploc bags. The possibilities are endless. Just give it a try and you'll see.
You can cook curries for the entire time you are away. Just label and date them. All your husband has to do is remember to take out of the freezer and put it in the fridge the night before to thaw and either microwave or heat in the regular oven or stove top in the morning for breakfast or when he comes back from work. Even the rotis can be frozen and packed (separately) with the curries. Although, if it is not too difficult for him to get ready made chappatis and other rotis, he'd be better off getting them from a store. Even rice portions can be frozen, if he is not the cooking kind, that wouldn't mind cooking rice for himself. I just love freezing and it is fun.

nalabaagam
4th April 2005, 11:07 PM
Hi Nilaavu,

If your husband can make rice, you can make the following dish that goes with rice and freeze it.

1. Puli kuzhambu or Kara kuzhambu
2. Tomato thokku (gravy made for mixing tomato rice)
3. Pulikaachal - tamarind paste

All these can be easily mixed with rice and simple to have with appalam/vathals that you can fry and store.

Hope you have a nice time in India.

Regards,
Nalabaagam