PDA

View Full Version : Dhum biryani recipe (timings-settings) for slow cooker

nutcr0cker
3rd April 2005, 01:41 AM
I tried it but the rice was over cooked overall taste was good

Hemant Trived1
3rd April 2005, 04:20 PM
Hello Nut crOcker,

I do not know as to what you tried and how was the Handy used.
But, I have a suggestion.
Whenever you are doing Dum /slow cooking, the outer surface of the Biriyani Handi is coated with clay .
In our viallge, we used to do prolonged cooking overnight by above method.
This would give even heat and prevent burning/over cooking.

nutcr0cker
4th April 2005, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the reply Hemant-ji, I left the rice partially cooked, mixed all the ingrediants and left it 4hrs on high and 6hrs on low, Slow cooker settings, The result was a spicy chicken biryani but the rice got over cooked. I do understand that the traditional way is an handi layered with mud however here in US I donot have that luxury :(

Hemant Trived1
4th April 2005, 08:38 AM
Hello Nut crOcker,
Did you roast/fry Biriyani rice in a little ghee before cooking ?
If NOT, try it out. Reduce HIGH time. Give it , as fart as possible, steady heat. You can get clay in any part of the world except may be in sandy deserts...lol
Get it from any Hobby shop .

Hemant Trived1
4th April 2005, 03:14 PM
Sorry for a silly error in typing.
Read as "Give it, as far as possible, steady heat?
Sorry for the error.

sonumickey
17th April 2005, 07:52 AM
hi

i just want to know about this slow cooker. if you are going to cook for such a long time, will it consume lots of electricity (like u told, 10 hrs in total)?

what is the difference between slow cooker and normal rice cooker?

can anyone tell me this in detail?

thanks
gayathri

cooldude_123
1st May 2005, 12:09 PM
HEY CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST FREE RECIPES BY SANJEEV KAPOOR ALL SORTS OF RECIPES AVAILABLE...DESSERTS, STARTERS, MAIN COURSE, PUNJABI, GUJARATHI, CHINESE, ITALIAN, LEBANESE ETC. CLICK HERE ITS FREE (http://www.earnmoneyindia.com/earn/idevaffiliate.php?id=935&page=4)

nutcr0cker
10th May 2005, 12:33 AM
HEY CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST FREE RECIPES BY SANJEEV KAPOOR ALL SORTS OF RECIPES AVAILABLE...DESSERTS, STARTERS, MAIN COURSE, PUNJABI, GUJARATHI, CHINESE, ITALIAN, LEBANESE ETC. CLICK HERE ITS FREE (http://www.earnmoneyindia.com/earn/idevaffiliate.php?id=ahole&page=4)

GO AWAY FREAKIN' SCAMMER

Ilavenil
14th May 2005, 07:24 AM
What is a slow cooker? I thought cooker is ment for fast cooking? Is this similar to oven?