PDA

View Full Version : Discussions on Telegu Films

catre
24th March 2005, 06:49 AM
:D Hey everyone, Im a telegu person that HATES telegu movies, mainly because of there retarded plot and repugnant (disgusting) looks! For example, ever heard of nagarjuna? DISGUSTING, HIS BIG UGLY NOSE AND :oops: :oops: DISGUSTING MUSTACHE, I FEEL LIKE PUKING! Hindi films, though not all, I'm a fan of. I find the quality very nice. I was born in America and have been brought up with American movies, even though I like watching indian things (anything but tamil and telegu movies, more so of telegu)

THANK YOU, PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS YOU CAN, I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK OF WHAT YOU THINK OF TELEGU MOVIES, (I want to see some people who agreee with me and some who dont, give a good argument)

C YA! :)

HindustaniLadka
24th March 2005, 07:28 AM
Yeah, i agree with pretty much everything you said. All the actors and actresses in Telugu films are hideous and every part of a Telugu film is horrible. The direction is horrible, the music is even worse, and the casting and script are terrible. I really wish the producers would start bringing the films up to the standards of Hindi films. At least in most Hindi films, the actors and actresses are not hideous, the music is very good, the direction is not too bad and the script and plot are excellent. Telugu films make Telugu speakers and all other Indians look bad.

Also, why is Chiranjeevi so famous? He is not good looking, he is fat and can't act or dance too well. If you think he looks bad onscreen, you should see him in person(he was actually at some party that i was at a few years ago). He is not very good looking and he is not a good actor. He also seems to think he is Michael Jackson for some reason.

catre
24th March 2005, 10:18 PM
:roll: i agree w/ everything you said Lakha. But, comeon people, RELPY! I want some arguments going on here! Please, someone post a reply that is not similar to what we said! I will be waiting and hope you people relpy!

Please take a look at the(on the bottom of my reply) "hero's" of the telegu film, if I see this picture once more, my lunch will come out of my mouth~~! :oops:

(p.s, can someone please teach me how to add pictures on the side, like Lakha did?, thanks)

http://www.idlebrain.com/images/newpg-100days-santosham42.jpg[/img]

ramsri
25th March 2005, 12:22 AM
catre -
that pic on the side is your "avatar" - if you want to add a pic there, follow the "Profile" link at the top of your screen. the resulting page will have an Avatar Control Panel at the bottom, which allows you to upload an image from your local system, which then becomes your avatar and appears beneath your name every time you post a message.

ramsri
25th March 2005, 12:26 AM
and of course, regarding your discussion,
i must admit my absolute ignorance regarding telugu films, i don't know much about them except a few faces. but i must also say that what little i have seen of telugu cinema hasn't exactly fuelled my thirst for knowledge !!
unlike malayalam films - some of them are so damn good, you almost want to learn to language just to watch the movies...

ramsri
25th March 2005, 12:28 AM
but regarding tamil films i can say this much - there are tamil films and then there are GOOD tamil films. the good ones (believe me, there are many of them) are seriously good - they reflect the kind of thematic filmmaking which people in bollywood can only dream of (if their current standards are anything to go by!)

if you don't believe me, check out the films of mani ratnam and also the early balachandar films - that's quality for you !

HindustaniLadka
25th March 2005, 11:28 AM
I have noticed that Telugu films borrow story lines from a lot of Tamil films. The only problem is that they borrow the worst possible storylines. If a Telugu film ahs a good story line, it still destroys itself by having a hideous cast, crap direction and bad music. Telugu films are like this because the producers are only looking for a quick buck and nothing more. Hindi films ussually have no major flaws. The story lines are usually decent(i have to admit though, that there are some very horrible Hindi films too...like shabd, girlfriend and murder). Hindi films ussually have good casts taht are made up of good looking actors and actresses, the music is usually good and the script and direction are not too bad(i've seen some movies with stupid direction too though...for example, in the the film Blackmail, a car carrying Ajay Devgan and Dia Mirza is hit by a train...but some how Ajay gets thrown out and does not get any major injuries and Dia is killed...but amazingly enough, the car survives without too many injuries).

Surya
25th March 2005, 03:01 PM
There are good telugu movies:

Sagarasangamam
Shankarabaranam
M Kumaran son of mahalkshmi - I forgot the telugu name.
There are much more I'll name later. :)

HindustaniLadka
25th March 2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, there are some good ones, but the majority of them stink.

Two good ones are Badri and Raja.

lordstanher
28th March 2005, 03:09 PM
Sagarasangamam

Yep, I like tat too! :wink: (A.K.A Saalangai Oli(?) in Tamil :wink: ) I esp. liked the song 'Thakita Thadimi', where K'haasan dances on the well, as a kid! :D

Shankarabaranam

Yep, tat too! Btw, Surya- do u know Telugu as well??

Um....I think 'Sitara', 'Shiva' were good.....also 'Challenge', altho the song/dance sequences weren't tat good! :P

HindustaniLadka
6th April 2005, 11:19 AM
Some newer Telugu movies are getting almost as good as Hindi movies theses days when it comes to overall quality, dancing, acting, music, and script. The producers and directors have started casting good look people instead of fat and ugly people as well.

oohlala
10th April 2005, 07:01 PM
Surya

M Kumaran son of mahalkshmi - I forgot the telugu name.

Amma Naana O Tamil Ammayi.

I wud like to add Anandha Mazhai, i dono the name in telugu.

Hindi movies definitely have good cast, dance, etc, etc.... but when u come to the stories its nt up to the grade... mostly Hindi blockbusters are mostly Remakes frm other languages(PPl those who watch only hindi movies dont know this, and the worst thing in this is they do publicity by saying "The story line is different and its the first kind of movie in India :lol: " :roll: ). And there are few gud examples...Hindi films focus on looks but not stories.

HindustaniLadka
10th April 2005, 08:14 PM
lol, atleast the bollywood versions of the films are thousands of times better than the original ones.

oohlala
10th April 2005, 08:25 PM
lol, atleast the bollywood versions of the films are thousands of times better than the original ones.

Are u talking about Parent trap in hindi version, Kuch Khati Kuch Meeti.... :rotfl:

U hav a great taste HL... :lol:

HindustaniLadka
10th April 2005, 09:06 PM
lol no, i was talking about remakes of other Indian language films, not remakes of Hollywood films.

Take the Hindi films Insan and Dum for instance, they are remakes of Telugu films, but they are much better in every aspect.

oohlala
10th April 2005, 09:15 PM
lol no, i was talking about remakes of other Indian language films, not remakes of Hollywood films.

Take the Hindi films Insan and Dum for instance, they are remakes of Telugu films, but they are much better in every aspect.

when some movies are remaked they know the minus points and they eleminate it. and thats y those movies seem better.Its just like anyother thing..first invention has some drawbacks...

Movies are taken according to the ppl's taste in the area. And im not blaming hindi.But if u want to see some reality then i surely say no to Hindi movies. Guess The original version of Dum was in Tamil..i dono exactly some1 can help...and movies in hindi are made for heros(Not all there are some heros who change themselves for the story).
Putting lots of colors in the movie dosent make in better. And i guess no Indian students ever saw their class room in yellow and red...only Bollywood can do that...there sud b some logic...
K gotcha go...bye.

ramsri
11th April 2005, 12:15 AM
Guess The original version of Dum was in Tamil..i dono exactly some1 can help...

that's right - the original version of Dum was a tamil film called "Dhil" starring Vikram in the lead. and i guess a comparison between the two is really a waste of time because both were pure masala capers. but Dhil was a huge commercial success - dunno about the hindi remake.

ramsri
11th April 2005, 12:20 AM
Putting lots of colors in the movie dosent make in better. And i guess no Indian students ever saw their class room in yellow and red...only Bollywood can do that...there sud b some logic...

have to agree with that. i guess that was the reference to films like "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and the imaginary, candyfloss college atmosphere it tried so hard to create ... yeah, that was really corny.
but i don't know if you can really blame those filmmakers, you know ... don't forget there's a niche audience for such films up north. and also we have a huge NRI community who're just waiting to go berserk over exactly this kind of mushy, chocolatey cinema. it may not appeal to a few, it CERTAINLY isn't my idea of good cinema - but such films really rake in the moolah and are surefire shots at box office glory.

oohlala
11th April 2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah...u r right...I guess Cross over movies are better than these kinda movies...they are natural and atleast have some storyline(Guess thats y these films never reach comon ppl). And the worst part is youngsters watch these colorful movies and they try to create the same atmosphere in their college. :banghead: .(Atleast their dream come true on Holy.... :lol: )

HindustaniLadka
11th April 2005, 04:06 AM
Whatever, Bollywood films are still the pride of India. Even if they are not 100% realistic, they showcase some of the best talent from all parts of India. Bollywood is not the "north" Indian film indstry, it is the national film industry. People in all parts of India watch them. Bollywood films are also exported to the Middle East, Asia, and Eastern Europe/Russia. I don't know about other regional films, but i know for sure that Telugu films make India look bad.

Oh, by the way, what is wrong with making the colleges colorful?

oohlala
11th April 2005, 05:08 PM
Whatever, Bollywood films are still the pride of India. Even if they are not 100% realistic, they showcase some of the best talent from all parts of India. Bollywood is not the "north" Indian film indstry, it is the national film industry. People in all parts of India watch them. Bollywood films are also exported to the Middle East, Asia, and Eastern Europe/Russia. I don't know about other regional films, but i know for sure that Telugu films make India look bad.

All other reginol movies are also played all over the world...

ramsri
11th April 2005, 05:25 PM

HL - the complaint is not against making colleges look colourful ... the complaint is against the tendency that most hindi filmmakers have, of favouring STYLE over SUBSTANCE. if you want to make your film look colourful, then by all means go ahead ... but for God's sake don't make that the main theme of the film!
the reason i say this is that most young filmmakers these days (and this includes the likes of karan johar, aditya chopra et al) really don't make films that address relevant themes or issues - and all the "making colleges look colourful" stunts are used only to cover up for the non-existence of such themes. the glitzy sets and the glam locales are generally used to distract the viewer from the film's wafer-thin plot.

ramsri
11th April 2005, 05:32 PM
of course, having said that - we must also applaud the efforts of people like farhan akhtar - i though Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya were two SERIOUSLY good films. they stuck to the mainstream pattern of hindi cinema - they had the usual masala elements, esp DCH - BUT they were also technically brilliant, had strong storylines (esp Lakshya) with solid acting performances. and most important -they were entertaining.
just goes to show what good filmmaking is about - it's really all about making a whole that's greater than the sum of its parts - its a concept that not many in hindi cinema seem to have embraced.

m_23_bayarea
12th April 2005, 02:07 AM
What are Hindi movies all about these days? All Punjabi weddings !! Is this great for you guys? Compare movies like Deewar, Company, Fiza, Yuva with Kal Ho Na Ho, DDLJ, etc. No reality. It's just colors and glitz. Maybe the Indians raised in America will like it because it does not show the real India. Clearly, Tamil movies are so much better than the Hindi movies. I just don't understand why the Hindi movies changed its trend from revolving around Bombay to going all the way up to Punjab and show that as India. And SRK is the biggest contributor to this shift. If Amitabh had a bad guy with 4 fights and 5 songs, SRK has a big Punjabi family, a wedding, a love story in between, and about 8-10 group dance songs with all kutas and pyjamas. OMG !! Save Hindi cinema...

ramsri
12th April 2005, 10:16 PM
Compare movies like Deewar, Company, Fiza, Yuva with Kal Ho Na Ho, DDLJ, etc. No reality.

i'm surprised (and glad!) to know that some people actually liked Yuva - for some reason it doesn't seem to have done too well up north ... prob'ly bcos people there aren't used to watching films with such contemporary themes ... ?!

oohlala
12th April 2005, 10:23 PM
i'm surprised (and glad!) to know that some people actually liked Yuva - for some reason it doesn't seem to have done too well up north ... prob'ly bcos people there aren't used to watching films with such contemporary themes ... ?

Yeah u r right...but Yuva did make a lot of news than other movies...there was a lot of discussion bout the movie and the theme of it...

catre
17th April 2005, 06:53 AM
GO HINDUSTANI LADKA! J'AI HINDI! (what ever that means)

lordstanher
4th May 2005, 12:40 PM
Amma Naana O Tamil Ammayi.

Sat sri akaal Sardarni, kee haal hai? :)
Gawd....u know telugu as well, huh?!! :D....quite impressed! 'guess it makes u feel more Indian to know various local langs. rather than being fluent in just one/two....(atleast it makes me feel tat way!) :wink:
Neways, coming back to the topic in qsn. I'd like to add a few more exceptionally good tel. movies- old & new- to my earlier list (& Surya's):

- Mogudu Pellallu (*ing Bhanupriya, altho it didn't seem to've made a very big hit?)
-Swarna Kamalam (Bhanupriya again)
-Swathimuthyam (altho therez a tamil version too!)
-Pavithra Bandham
-Kshemanga velli labhanga randi (not the songs tho!)
-Annamayya (Nagarjuna)
-Aa naluguru (just saw it 2 days ago!)

will name more later as I recollect...... :D

Hindi movies definitely have good cast, dance, etc, etc.... but when u come to the stories its nt up to the grade...

Hmm.....personally I don't find the standard of the stories ne better even in South (in this case Telugu) movies in recent years.....most of them hav cheap comedy consisting of double-meaning dialogues, exaggerated emotions and reeeeally pathetic scenes like showing a woman's saree pallu falling/wearing/taking off the saree/leching at a woman etc....which pass off as comedy! eeeyuck.... :x :banghead:

Hindi films focus on looks but not stories.

:lol: I think even in the South this is the trend today! Only diff. is Hindi films now focus on Western looks whereas South is sticking to trad. looks....to sum extent atleast!

lordstanher
4th May 2005, 12:54 PM

have to agree with that. i guess that was the reference to films like "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and the imaginary, candyfloss college atmosphere it tried so hard to create ... yeah, that was really corny.

Mee too agree! And its not just the matter of providing a 'colourful' atmosphere tat defies logic in case of Bollywood.....I've noticed (& I'm sure evn most others) tat in many Hindi movies, whenever there is a car chase sequence or showing someone travelling in a car, the car/s in the sequence are suddenly (& illogically) changed from one scene to the next!
For eg. an Amby or a Fiat shown in one scene becomes 10 years newer/older in the next! And then a dent or a broken taillight/Headlight on a car is magically absent/repaired on the same car in the very next scene!

Surya
5th May 2005, 03:14 AM
Sagarasangamam

Yep, I like tat too! :wink: (A.K.A Saalangai Oli(?) in Tamil :wink: ) I esp. liked the song 'Thakita Thadimi', where K'haasan dances on the well, as a kid! :D

Shankarabaranam

Yep, tat too! Btw, Surya- do u know Telugu as well??

Um....I think 'Sitara', 'Shiva' were good.....also 'Challenge', altho the song/dance sequences weren't tat good! :P

That was a good scene. I love SPB's voice in that song also! :D

I know a little. I can understand, but not really speak it. :D

PS: I just saw a movie called ARYA yesterday!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Now my head hurts! :evil:

It's just a stupid love story, pakka masala. But that masala also wasnt made well. U gotta see it to have the reaction of non-stop headbanging until u pass out. :lol2:

lordstanher
5th May 2005, 07:09 AM
PS: I just saw a movie called ARYA yesterday!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Now my head hurts! :evil:
It's just a stupid love story, pakka masala. But that masala also wasnt made well. U gotta see it to have the reaction of non-stop headbanging until u pass out. :lol2:

Hmm.....well, thankfully (I think) I usually don't show interest in watching the newer ones neways! :wink:
In fact I've never even been inside the local movie theatres to watch Telugu or Hindi movies in my life (seriously!) :wink: :lol:

HindustaniLadka
5th May 2005, 08:58 AM

Mee too agree! And its not just the matter of providing a 'colourful' atmosphere tat defies logic in case of Bollywood.....I've noticed (& I'm sure evn most others) tat in many Hindi movies, whenever there is a car chase sequence or showing someone travelling in a car, the car/s in the sequence are suddenly (& illogically) changed from one scene to the next!
For eg. an Amby or a Fiat shown in one scene becomes 10 years newer/older in the next! And then a dent or a broken taillight/Headlight on a car is magically absent/repaired on the same car in the very next scene!

:rotfl:

About that car thing, if it was a Telugu movie, the people would be driving a Fiat Car in one scene and he would be driving a Toyota Jeep in the next scene.

lordstanher
5th May 2005, 11:00 AM
About that car thing, if it was a Telugu movie, the people would be driving a Fiat Car in one scene and he would be driving a Toyota Jeep in the next scene.

Hmm.....yea I've seen a similar scene but not from ne Telugu movie tat I can rem. at the moment.....
If u've seen this one scene in the '70s Hindi movie 'Trishul'...Amitabh B pulls over his car and offers a lift to Rakhee, who's walking to office....and they first showed the car from inside, I cud clearly see tat it was a Fiat (Padmini).....and then after Rakhee gets in, they drive on talking & the car is shown again from inside but now turns out to be an Ambassador!! :lol:
And finally, Rakhee flares up at something AB says & she demands tat he stop the car, which he does and she gets out.....here they finally show the car from outside...voila! its a Fiat again!! :lol: :lol:

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:31 PM
bollywood all the way

bun the rest of them suckas

HindustaniLadka
19th May 2005, 12:51 AM
Definetly, like i have been saing in many other threads, bvollywood films are thousands of times better than most regional films these days.

chaotic whisperz
19th May 2005, 11:29 PM
Definetly, like i have been saing in many other threads, bvollywood films are thousands of times better than most regional films these days.

damn straight, it gives ppl what they want ENTERTAINMENT!! it is the biggest film industry in the world and it shows

so all you losers should stop watching all your loser movies and convert to bollywood!!!!!

BOLLYWOOD!! WOOT WOOT!!

catre
20th May 2005, 02:18 AM
All telegu movies and tollywood deserve to go to hell (along with the actors!) Those idiots cant make a good enough movie with out shaving there STUPID facial hair. They think its cool to have a mustache.
What losers.

ANYWAYS GO BOLLYWOOD AND STAR WARS COMES OUT TODAY IN THE USA! (I LIVE IN THE U.S)

P.S I have a "chiranjeevi" avatar photo because he looks as funny as hell

HindustaniLadka
20th May 2005, 04:46 AM
Bollywood Zindabad! :D

lordstanher
21st May 2005, 04:50 PM
Yea, Bollywood may hav carved out a national as well as int'l niche' for themselves but I find tat even they'd gone off the track for a while in 2003-early '04, addicted to making those sick movies abt bored housewives indulging in adultry (viz. Khwaish, Jism, Tum, Murder, Hawaas etc.)..... :x
They seem to be getting it right since last year tho, concentrating more on 'patriotic' themes and those apparently promoting India-Pak peace (eg. Veer Zaara) :wink:

HindustaniLadka
22nd May 2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah, i think they finally realized that most people hate those sick movies.

Surya
22nd May 2005, 01:04 AM
yeah, don't forget "oops!" That movie got a bit too scandelous for me after the first half. I put a stop to the agony in the middle.

HindustaniLadka
22nd May 2005, 01:10 AM
All of those sick films are nothing compared to "Sins". "Sins" involves two extremly controversial topics and it has more nudity than any other bollywood film in history.

Surya
22nd May 2005, 01:23 AM
What about Girlfriend? First I thought that it was unreasonable for Shiv Sena to protest it. But after watching it, I am a strong supporter of that decision! :evil:

HindustaniLadka
22nd May 2005, 05:17 AM
I'm not sure, i haven't actually seen girlfriend. It is probably equally as bad though.

lordstanher
22nd May 2005, 09:05 AM
Hmm.....I think its bcos of films like these tat Bollywood of late, nearly surpassed Hollywood in popularity abroad! :P :lol:

Surya
24th May 2005, 07:49 AM
:lol: In a sad way. But true.

lordstanher
24th May 2005, 10:58 PM
Hey guys,
'think I noticed one flaw in Bollywood movies today- just had a glimpse of a scene from 'Asoka' (SRK, Kareena K).....didn't feel like watching the whole movie today.... :)
Neways surely ne of u wud've noticed- Kareena's hair is BROWN in the movie!! :shock:
Tat surely defies logic cos I'm very sure Indians didn't dye their hair brown (as they do today) as a fashion back in those days (BC)!
Jus can't be..... :roll: Nething to say abt this...? :D

HindustaniLadka
25th May 2005, 07:28 AM
I guess they forgot to fix her hair lol.

Girish11
25th May 2005, 11:06 AM

HL, please see the following originals and remakes to get
a better idea.

Original Remake

Nayagan (tamil) Dayavan (Hindi)
Sathileelavathi (tamil) Biwi No.1
Devar Magan (tamil) Virasat
Sethu (tamil) Tere naam
Sigappu Rojakkal (Tamil) Red rose
Gentleman (Tamil) Gentleman??? Note sure of the name
in HIndi.

There are many more.

HindustaniLadka
26th May 2005, 12:27 AM
Alright, i'll try to watch some of those.

For Tere Naam, i saw the Telugu version of the movie and i saw the Hindi version. The Hindi version was better than the Telugu one in every possible way...

ramsri
26th May 2005, 11:04 PM
Original Remake

Nayagan (tamil) Dayavan (Hindi)
Sathileelavathi (tamil) Biwi No.1
Devar Magan (tamil) Virasat
Sethu (tamil) Tere naam
Sigappu Rojakkal (Tamil) Red rose
Gentleman (Tamil) Gentleman??? Note sure of the name
in HIndi.

couldn't resist commenting on this ... :)
of the films you;ve listed, i find 'Devar Magan' - 'Virasat' the only pair in which the remake was comparable to the original. in fact, i'm sure a lot of people will even go so far as to say it was better in hindi than in tamil. really good effort by priyadarshan, with solid acting performances by anil kapoor and amrish puri.
all the others, the hindi films get nowhere near their tamil originals. forget 'Nayagan' , 'Sathi Leelavathi' etc. - those were good films. even for a mediocre film like 'Sigappu Rojakkal', the hindi remake was pretty tacky.

ramsri
26th May 2005, 11:12 PM
but of course, talking about remakes, one must hasten to add that not all tamil remakes of hindi films were good either ...
cases in point are

- 'Billa' ... the tamil equivalent of 'Don' where rajnikanth tried in vain to recreate the suave and stylish demeanour of amitabh bachchan in the hindi original.

- 'Thee' ... yash chopra's all-time classic 'Deewaar' remade in tamil, with rajni replacing amitabh again, and yet again, falling below par. while 'Deewaar' has gone on to become part of hindi cinema folklore, raised to dizzy heights courtesy a brilliant script and a searing performance by bachchan, the tamil remake has been long forgotten.

- i would also add to the list 'Velaikkaran' - the remake of 'Namak Halal'. although the film was a superhit, it still doesn't compare favourably with its hindi counterpart.

Girish11
27th May 2005, 02:27 AM
but of course, talking about remakes, one must hasten to add that not all tamil remakes of hindi films were good either ...
cases in point are

- 'Billa' ... the tamil equivalent of 'Don' where rajnikanth tried in vain to recreate the suave and stylish demeanour of amitabh bachchan in the hindi original.

- 'Thee' ... yash chopra's all-time classic 'Deewaar' remade in tamil, with rajni replacing amitabh again, and yet again, falling below par. while 'Deewaar' has gone on to become part of hindi cinema folklore, raised to dizzy heights courtesy a brilliant script and a searing performance by bachchan, the tamil remake has been long forgotten.

- i would also add to the list 'Velaikkaran' - the remake of 'Namak Halal'. although the film was a superhit, it still doesn't compare favourably with its hindi counterpart.

True Ramsri. Most of the time, be it Tamil or Hindi, the remakes
or not as good as the original version. My post was only to
make HL and others who claim the BW remakes to be better
than the original versions realize that it is not so. :).

I think the case is worst when movies are remade in Telugu,
not seen much, but there is one which I did see. Kilukkam
remade in Telugu (did not see the movie in Telugu, but the
Telugu, but saw the dubbed version released in Tamil starring Nagarjuna and Girija of Ithayathai thirudathe fame). Cannot
believe that the same Priya Darshan made it so well in Mallu
and killed his own baby while making it in Telugu. I assume
it has to be due to the pressure from producers to add a lot
of Masala, but PD should have not agreed to do this.

HindustaniLadka
27th May 2005, 06:39 AM
Yeah, one thing i have noticed is taht directors take terrible moveis in Telugu, but hte same directors take very good movies in Bollywood. I think it is because the people who watch Telugu movies seriously are used to the terrible films by now and the only people who are willing to complain have compeltely switched over to bollywood(i noticed that most people in AP watch both Telugu and Hindi films and don't really seem to care that the Telugu films are all horrible).

chaotic whisperz
27th May 2005, 10:38 PM
Those idiots cant make a good enough movie with out shaving there STUPID facial hair. They think its cool to have a mustache.
What losers.

LMAO!!

ramsri
27th May 2005, 11:10 PM
Kilukkam remade in Telugu (did not see the movie in Telugu, but the
Telugu, but saw the dubbed version released in Tamil starring Nagarjuna and Girija of Ithayathai thirudathe fame). Cannot
believe that the same Priya Darshan made it so well in Mallu
and killed his own baby while making it in Telugu. I assume
it has to be due to the pressure from producers to add a lot
of Masala, but PD should have not agreed to do this.

wow!! :? hang on here, now this is going way over my head ... telugu films are, well, not my cup of tea really. i watch films in hindi, english and tamil and while i don't mind the occassional malayalam flick, i must confess a total lack of knowledge in telugu cinema. you might've noticed i don't even comment about chiranjeevi, nagarjuna and co. for fear of being counter-questioned by better-informed telugu film buffs!
now you might ask me what i'm doing in this thread if i'm not a telugu film buff myself :oops: ... it's just that the conversation seemed to be veering towards familiar ground so i decided to pop in and share a few thoughts ... :)

chaotic whisperz
31st May 2005, 10:44 PM
bottom line: they suck

akila3
6th June 2005, 10:29 PM
all indian films would do better if they stop copying hollywood and show the true and natural side of india. and secoundly the senior actors should play the roles that suits their age instaed of playing 20 year old hero when they're really 50 . :lol: and lastly they should come up with a natural story instead of artifical one. the artificial one may work for the western world but not for south asians. our life style is different from the westeners.

Surya
6th June 2005, 11:45 PM
I agree! Movies like Virumaandi, which are really indian should come out more.

A few western style movies like Manmadhan, and Ayuthe Ezhuthu are entertaining every now and then though.

akila3
7th June 2005, 12:35 AM
i wasn't talkin about movies like manamadhan but about movies like little Jhon, New and all other imaginary type of movies.

Surya
7th June 2005, 12:44 AM
I think that more movies like Little John and New should be taken. Right now it seems that the taste of tamiz audience has stooped very low. Movies like Thirupaachi, Madurey, Sivakasi, etc are running for 100 days, and they have nothing! So atleast a different genre of movies should elevate the taste of the audience other than Kadhal, or One man fighting curruption.

Alien
7th June 2005, 11:56 AM
I think that more movies like Little John and New should be taken. Right now it seems that the taste of tamiz audience has stooped very low. Movies like Thirupaachi, Madurey, Sivakasi, etc are running for 100 days, and they have nothing! So atleast a different genre of movies should elevate the taste of the audience other than Kadhal, or One man fighting curruption.

:lol: :lol: U r pretty confident that, Sivakasi would also run for 100 days. Yeah, even me too, though i hate to admit it :(
Vijay makes me think that Rajni movies r better. Rajni's hero worshipping movies atleast had wee bit of,some sort of entertainment. But these Vijay movies :evil: :evil: :evil: :banghead: makes tamil cinema look worse than Telugu Cinema :lol: :lol: :(

akila3
7th June 2005, 10:18 PM

R u sure about New, that was a disgusting movie. an 8 yr old boy having a child with a 20yr old woman. Everyone made so much fuss when Boys came out but Boys was much better compared to New.

Surya
7th June 2005, 11:06 PM
Vasanth,
Yeah, well when Thirupaachi came out, if u go and check out some of the threads in the tamiz movie section, u'd see me saying that thirupaachi was going to flop, because it had nothing new etc. But it ran almost as good as ghilli did!! :banghead: So Sivakasi has a good chance of running too. As long as it has a storyline where Vijay is fighing a gang, falls in love with a pretty heroin, cheesy, horrible coriographed fight scenes throughout the movies, a couple duets, a coupe ghana, and one intro song like "Nee Yenthe Ooru" :banghead: The movie will run. This is the formula for Vijay movies! :lol: :cry: I don't know if I should laugh at him, or cry, It's much easier to just do this.....:banghead:

Akila,
New was a bit erotic, I agree. I didn't like it that much. But it was better than boys! It depends on where u saw it. If u saw the Sun TV Version, then is good, but if u saw it in the theater, then it's just horrible!! :evil:

But the point is that, there should be more genres, other than just Kadhal, or One man against a gang. :)

Regards. 8)

akila3
8th June 2005, 05:40 AM
i agree they should get different type of movies, i think parthipan is good at that, his storys are always diiferent, like Alagie and kaanadipookal. what do you think?

Surya
8th June 2005, 05:43 AM
I loved Azhagi, Thenral, I haven't seen kannadi pookal yet. Hoping to see it when it comes out on DVD. :D Yeah, he's like a diluted version of Kamal. Both of them try to uplift the taste of the tamils every now and then.

Alien
8th June 2005, 08:38 AM
I loved Azhagi, Thenral, I haven't seen kannadi pookal yet. Hoping to see it when it comes out on DVD. :D Yeah, he's like a diluted version of Kamal. Both of them try to uplift the taste of the tamils every now and then.

Yeah, exactly.... 8)
Parthiban's kudaikul mazhai was a bold attempt too, but it dragged in the 2nd half forever.....Other than that it was good too... :)

lordstanher
8th June 2005, 11:04 AM
all indian films would do better if they stop copying hollywood and show the true and natural side of india.

Quite true.....Telugu movies today might mostly be nonsensical but atleast they r, in a manner of speaking, retaining their 'natural' traditional flavour (so r Tam. movies! :wink: )......for eg. they still show guys in dhoti/veshti & girls in trad. Half-Sarees (when I've hardly seen one around for years in real life! :lol: )
Bollywood movies, on the other hand, today r making their actors/actresses & even their film sets appear more towards the Western world rather than India (barring the familiar Punjabi songs/dances, which still depicts only one state of India!)......

and secoundly the senior actors should play the roles that suits their age instaed of playing 20 year old hero when they're really 50

Quite true.......I was rather psyched out to watch Amitabh B doing a rap number w/ those young pretty nothings in Bunty Aur Babli.....I pers. feel hez really ruining his image tat he built up throughout his 'angry young man' years in B'wood! :x

our life style is different from the westeners.

Is it really??? :D Hmm.......'thot it isn't so nemore, at the rate our present gen. r copying them...? :wink: :lol:

chaotic whisperz
8th June 2005, 08:27 PM

R u sure about New, that was a disgusting movie. an 8 yr old boy having a child with a 20yr old woman. Everyone made so much fuss when Boys came out but Boys was much better compared to New.

that is just fcukin dutty...

Surya
8th June 2005, 11:01 PM
Yes! I saw Kudaikkul Mazhai. That was nice!! 8) How did it do @ the box office?

I don't think a movie about a skitzophreniac has ever com out in tamiz, except Chandramukhi.

Alien
10th June 2005, 05:33 PM

I don't think a movie about a skitzophreniac has ever com out in tamiz, except Chandramukhi.

It bombed badly at BO. Nevertheless, i love Parthiban's different attempts. The only thing many felt irking in that movie was the parthiban character that comes during the delusion period, which many felt too noisy, and made many ppl to lose the patience to watch the movie till end :( .
And also ppl in TN hardly encourages such kinda movies. They want stuff to be peeled and fed to them directly :x

Girish11
10th June 2005, 08:32 PM

It bombed badly at BO. Nevertheless, i love Parthiban's different attempts. The only thing many felt irking in that movie was the parthiban character that comes during the delusion period, which many felt too noisy, and made many ppl to lose the patience to watch the movie till end :( .
And also ppl in TN hardly encourages such kinda movies. They want stuff to be peeled and fed to them directly :x

Very true Vasanth. This movie deserved appreciation but
unfortunately did not get it. Kudos to Parthiban to have dared
to make this movie. The movie was quite irritating and made
me wonder what I was watching and what are they trying to
say etc etc but in the end all gets justified and in fact I felt
it was quite good.

I was also pissed off while watching the singapore parthiban
charecter, it was too irritating, but after the end of the movie,
you feel... well, it suited the role.

If the movie had been handled more carefully, it could have
atleast won critical acclaims and some awards.

Surya
11th June 2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah, it was an awesome movie! :D

Another good moive that was nice was Ayuthe Ezhuthu! :thumbsup:

Girish11
11th June 2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah, it was an awesome movie! :D

Yes, I liked this one too, but unfortunately this one also did not
do well at B-O. I liked Surya in this movie.

Surya
12th June 2005, 12:05 AM
Surya was awesome! Mahdavan actually did a note worthy performance also! :D

Girish11
12th June 2005, 02:54 PM
Surya was awesome! Mahdavan actually did a note worthy performance also! :D

True, it was a very different role for Madhavan, but I was
not much impressed with it since I saw the hindi version of
this movie Yuva before seeing AE and was very impressed
with Abishek Bachan who did the same role (of Madhavan)
in Hindi. So I had high expectations from Madhavan but
Abishek won. Also, in Hindi, Ajay devgun playing Surya's
role was not impressive but in Tamil, Surya was most impressive
among the 3 lead actors.

Surya
13th June 2005, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen Yuva. I hear Abishek is really improving! :D I saw dhoom, wasn't every impressed.

Saw Kannadi Pookal yesterday on DVD! NICE!! Touching movie!! 8)

Girish11
14th June 2005, 03:34 AM
I haven't seen Yuva. I hear Abishek is really improving! :D I saw dhoom, wasn't every impressed.

Saw Kannadi Pookal yesterday on DVD! NICE!! Touching movie!! 8)

True, Abishek is improving now, I used to have no regards
for him earlier, but there was some improvement in Om jai jagdish
and after that Yuva, in Yuva, his work is impressive no doubt,
of course Mani is highly responsible for that. His physique
also helped in making him look better in that role compared to
Madhavan. If you get a chance, watch it.

Kannadi pookal is nice but I thought it could have been better.
Is the small boy some Malayalam actor? He has heavy Malayalam
accent in his language. Have you seen Arindhum ariyamalum
and Ullam kaetkume? How are they? I am very allergic to
Shyam but if the movie is good then I would like to see
Ullam kaetkume.

Did you see the PM which I sent to you last week Friday Surya?

Surya
15th June 2005, 03:27 AM
I should watch Yuva sometime.

Yeah, the boy is a malayalam actor. Did a pretty good job.

I haven't seen Ullam Ketkume, or AA, but UK is getting good reviews. :D

I just saw ur PM today, :) I've replied to it.

Surya
21st June 2005, 12:09 AM
Has anyone seen the telugu movie "Varsham" and "Nuvbiscodi navwondhantana"?

How are they?

lordstanher
23rd June 2005, 01:34 PM
Hey guys......I'm back on this forum! :)

Um...abt the latter, surely u mean "Nuvvosthanante Nenoddhantana" (trans. in Tamil: Nee vardha-irundha naan vanda-n sollarena :wink: :D ).....twas starring Trisha & Siddharth (Boys fame)....

Surya
26th June 2005, 12:28 AM
Oh, sorry! :lol2:

huh......quite an interesting title! :banghead:

Has anyone seen ANniyan? It's just mindblowing!!!!

ramsri
28th June 2005, 12:09 PM

there's a line in 'Ayitha Ezhuthu' which encapsulates the very spirit of this discussion ... the scene on napier bridge where siddharth is trying to convince trisha of his love for her.

Meera: naan yennalaamo yedhirpaarthen ... yenna kalyaanam pannika pogaravan, endha hesitationum illama, oorukke kekkaramadhiri, kathi i love you solluvaan nu nenacchen.
Arjun: hmmm, nariyo cinema paarpe, illa? unnala thaan mosamaana tamizh padam ellam nalla odudhu!

dunno about you guys, but i couldn't help getting the feeling that there's a message in there from mani for today's moviegoing audiences ...

Surya
29th June 2005, 02:54 AM
Clearly! Have u seen sachien? :banghead:

oohlala
26th July 2005, 01:33 PM

How are they?

Varsham is an usual masala story, starring Trisha
:D ..dont know bout the hero :? ... pretty good :D ...soon u can watch it in tamil, Mazhai

Surya
29th July 2005, 02:05 AM
I saw both Varsham, and Nuvuostanante Nenothantana. Liked them both.

Varsham kind of reminded me of Ghilli.

ramsri
10th August 2005, 02:18 PM
Clearly! Have u seen sachien? :banghead:

i have! of course, i know better that to voice my opinion on that film in public. i'd rather reserve my comments, for fear of being mobbed by a crowd of ilayathalapathi fans! :D

salem.saravanan
9th April 2009, 01:12 AM
where can i get subtitles fr telugu movies????

jaaze
25th May 2009, 09:40 AM
over violence :x
and over :slurp:

AudazJay
21st August 2009, 02:25 PM
Many years back, I remember watching this telugu movie which was dubbed in tamil, called "Unniye Kalyanam Pannikiren" (What a title :lol: ) Nagarjuna and Tabu were the lead actors.

Anyway, the movie wasn't as bad as the title sounds like. In fact, I would go on to say that the movie did, to a certain extent, changed my negative perception of the Telugu movies.

jaaze
21st August 2009, 02:27 PM
and I guess, that would just be an exception :)

hamid
21st August 2009, 02:30 PM
College days la bore adikkuthunnu "Chinna jameen" appadinnu oru padathukku ponoom.. Meena was one of the herione.... konja nerathula thunda kaanum thuniya kaanum(:cool: ) -nu katharikittu oodi vanthuttom :OMG:

ajaybaskar
21st August 2009, 02:31 PM

Dholi prema

jaaze
21st August 2009, 02:32 PM
College days la bore adikkuthunnu "Chinna jameen" appadinnu oru padathukku ponoom.. Meena was one of the herione.... konja nerathula thunda kaanum thuniya kaanum(:cool: ) -nu katharikittu oodi vanthuttom :OMG:literal ah figurative ah? illa both ah? :P

Shakthiprabha
21st August 2009, 02:33 PM
Can someone list movies which was DUBBED from telugu into tamizh and had VIJAYASHANTHI as lead heroine.

The year was 1986 - 1988

(vijayshanthi was a rich village girl and...she falls in love with I dont remember who :? :oops: The movie takes place in village background with usual masala stuffs)

hamid
21st August 2009, 02:33 PM
College days la bore adikkuthunnu "Chinna jameen" appadinnu oru padathukku ponoom.. Meena was one of the herione.... konja nerathula thunda kaanum thuniya kaanum(:cool: ) -nu katharikittu oodi vanthuttom :OMG:literal ah figurative ah? illa both ah? :P

athukku kekkuriinga? DVD kidaicha eduthu paarkava :lol:

jaaze
21st August 2009, 02:36 PM

athukku kekkuriinga? DVD kidaicha eduthu paarkava :lol:cha cha.. :lol:

littlemaster1982
21st August 2009, 02:54 PM
Can someone list movies which was DUBBED from telugu into tamizh and had VIJAYASHANTHI as lead heroine.

The year was 1986 - 1988

(vijayshanthi was a rich village girl and...she falls in love with I dont remember who :? :oops: The movie takes place in village background with usual masala stuffs)

Adhu Thamizh padamdhaan-nu ninaikkiren. Sudhakar was the hero I think :roll:

hamid
21st August 2009, 02:57 PM

The year was 1986 - 1988

Adhu Thamizh padamdhaan-nu ninaikkiren. Sudhakar was the hero I think :roll:

OOo... antha padama :noteeth: kabadi kabadi?

littlemaster1982
21st August 2009, 02:59 PM
Kabadi scene gnabagam irukku :oops: Padam per gnabagam illa :|

SP akka solradhu andha padamdhaan-nu ninaikkiren.

hamid
21st August 2009, 03:01 PM
Kabadi scene gnabagam irukku :oops: Padam per gnabagam illa :|

SP akka solradhu andha padamdhaan-nu ninaikkiren.

Innaiku SP range oru maathirithaan irukku :oops:

Shakthiprabha
21st August 2009, 03:02 PM
illai lm. I saw it sometime in 1987 or so :? with my school mates. vera padathukku Ticket kidaikaama summa indha padathukku poitu we made huge noise and galatta in theatre while watching this movie. It was a DUBBED movie.

Vijayshanthi and may be krishna or someone like that :? Niraiya cart varum...and she would be dressed very rich . (rich landlord's girl falling in love with a poor boy )

hamid
21st August 2009, 03:04 PM
illai lm. I saw it sometime in 1987 or so :? with my school mates. vera padathukku Ticket kidaikaama summa indha padathukku poitu we made huge noise and galatta in theatre while watching this movie. It was a DUBBED movie.

Vijayshanthi and may be krishna or someone like that :? Niraiya cart varum...and she would be dressed very rich . (rich landlord's girl falling in love with a poor boy )

reemba vithiyaasamaana padam pola :roll:

Pada Director : ithu varaikkum ippadi oru padam thamiz/telugula vanthathillanmnu peetti kuduthaara :roll:

directhit
21st August 2009, 03:05 PM
and I guess, that would just be an exception :) how many telugu movies have u seen :huh:

littlemaster1982
21st August 2009, 03:07 PM

Indha adaiyaalam patthadhu :| I thought Vaijayanthi IPS was the first dubbed film of her and it released around 89.

Shakthiprabha
21st August 2009, 03:07 PM
hamid,

run-of-the-mill movie that was the reason we were laughing and commenting and enjoying the movie :lol2:

Shakthiprabha
21st August 2009, 03:08 PM

Indha adaiyaalam patthadhu :| I thought Vaijayanthi IPS was the first dubbed film of her and it released around 89.

:? no.... around 88 i think :? vijayshanthi looked pretty young. Why I asked was there was a dubbed song too. SONG WAS ABS fab to hear :bow:

Appu s
22nd August 2009, 01:37 PM
and I guess, that would just be an exception :) how many telugu movies have u seen :huh:

exactly ! Jaaze there r more good movies in telugu :D

ajaybaskar
29th September 2009, 03:58 PM
KICK..

Yes, it did have the traditional masala stuff of telugu cinema but the film was watchable except for the first 30 minutes.

Aana, Indha roleku Jeyam Raviyathaan nenachu paarkka mudiyala...

Sarna
29th September 2009, 04:02 PM
KICK..

Yes, it did have the traditional masala stuff of telugu cinema but the film was watchable except for the first 30 minutes.

if u r a fan of Raviteja, this movie is a treat....

if u r fan of ileana, then this movie is double treat :boo:

Aana, Indha roleku Jeyam Raviyathaan nenachu paarkka mudiyala...

:rotfl:

but Vijay will be perfect 8-)

ajaybaskar
29th September 2009, 04:10 PM
Sarna,

Manasula nenachadha sollitteenga,,

Lambretta
16th October 2009, 07:01 PM
Many years back, I remember watching this telugu movie which was dubbed in tamil, called "Unniye Kalyanam Pannikiren" (What a title :lol: ) Nagarjuna and Tabu were the lead actors.
That must've been "Ninne pellAdisthan"......came around 1996 when I was in 10th std. :)

It was remade in Hindi too but forgot the title.

srimal
2nd March 2010, 04:48 PM
ninne pelladutha... :D

ajithfederer
3rd March 2010, 08:34 AM
Aarya 2 - Ok. Not bad.

ajithfederer
16th March 2010, 11:04 PM
In a gap of 2 weeks

Pokiri (2006)

Athadu (2005)

Sye (2004)

Okkadu (2003)

Ramakrishna
21st March 2010, 07:09 PM
Godavari... Decent
Title song is really good

raghavendran
29th March 2010, 11:33 AM
pokkiri was the last telugu film i saw....way better than the other 2 remakes-mainly bcas of its hero mahesh babu...he was electrifying.. 8-)

ajaybaskar
29th March 2010, 03:34 PM
Magadheera.

Wonder how this movie became a megahit!! Saving grace was the special effects and art direction.

raghavendran
29th March 2010, 03:41 PM
Magadheera.

Wonder how this movie became a megahit!! Saving grace was the special effects and art direction.
apdiya??? :shock: ....in the silver jubilee function heard allu arjun sayin that"this is a telugu film-i can proudly say that"...naa adhe kettuttu parthe aganumnnu irundhen...unmayiliye nalla illiya?...spl effectslam chance illennum kelvi patten

ajaybaskar
29th March 2010, 03:46 PM
Spl effects was so good, Raghav. But no story, music was average. Performancena ennanu kekkura hero, heroine, Irritating villainnu neraiya prachanai padathula.

Allu would've been an apt choice instead of RCT.

You can try it once and u will know it. Original dvd is now available in MW and LM.

raghavendran
29th March 2010, 06:22 PM
Spl effects was so good, Raghav. But no story, music was average. Performancena ennanu kekkura hero, heroine, Irritating villainnu neraiya prachanai padathula.

Allu would've been an apt choice instead of RCT.

You can try it once and u will know it. Original dvd is now available in MW and LM.
risk venamnu ninaikkiren....anyway thnx

ajithfederer
2nd April 2010, 12:25 AM
Koncham Ishtam Koncham Kashtam

OK/Not bad. Timepass popcorn flick. Can some mod change the title of thread. Ennamo telugu-la mattum dhan kevalamana padam varra madhiri.

salaam_chennai
2nd April 2010, 01:13 AM
:exactly: Please change the title.

raghavendran
21st April 2010, 05:36 PM
wen is next mahesh babu film releasing???

Sarna
21st April 2010, 08:20 PM

Balayya's SIMHA releasing soon.... theatre'la paakkalaamaa :P

ajaybaskar
21st April 2010, 08:30 PM
Mahesh Babu's next film is Kaleja with Trivikaram. Their earlier work being 'Athadu'.

salaam_chennai
22nd April 2010, 12:48 AM

Balayya's SIMHA releasing soon.... theatre'la paakkalaamaa :P
Sarna , title'a maatha sonnathukku ivlo periya thandanayaa.. 'VARUDU' paathingalaa, sema mokkainu kelvi pattein

Mahesh Babu's next film is Kaleja with Trivikaram. Their earlier work being 'Athadu'.
I like Athadu very much. Maa Tv'la adikadi telecast pannuvaanga.

AB,
:lol: - ur siggy

raghavendran
1st May 2010, 11:36 AM
SUOER...ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE HIS MOVIE RELEASED

ajithfederer
1st May 2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe7LE5qDuqw

Prasthanam;

This one also looks good. BTW, Innuma thread title maathala?.

littlemaster1982
5th May 2010, 07:15 PM
Anand - sumaardhan :| Sekhar Kammula is overrated.

ajithfederer
6th May 2010, 04:11 AM
I haven't even seen his Happy days lm. I think he has produced another film too.

littlemaster1982
6th May 2010, 05:02 AM
I switched off after watching first 10 minutes of Happy Days. Adhukku mela mudiyala :( Neenga Anand paarthutteengala? Did you like it?

And, the film he produced was Avakkai Briyani.

AravindMano
6th May 2010, 10:33 AM
Anand tends to drag towards the end, but I thought it was a sweet little film.

Godavari was very good. Again few distractions, but still on the whole I liked it very much.

I never liked 'Happy Days', but my room mate was too much in love with that film that he used the watch it 3 times a day. (That year we were just out of college, konjam emOshanal aayttan). So konjam slight-A pidichiruchchu.

'Leader' innum paakkala. yEdhO inspiring-aamE, namakku seripattu varaadhu :D

ajaybaskar
6th May 2010, 10:36 AM
Happy days ran because of Tammu...

AravindMano
6th May 2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah. Cool songs as well.

ajaybaskar
6th May 2010, 10:43 AM
AM sir, Unga dpla irukkuradhu endha padam? I saw the same still in the dvd shop!!

Appu s
6th May 2010, 10:46 AM
AM sir, Unga dpla irukkuradhu endha padam? I saw the same still in the dvd shop!!
The white ribbon.

ajaybaskar
6th May 2010, 10:48 AM
Thank u.....

AravindMano
6th May 2010, 10:53 AM
The white ribbon.

Yeah :)

Plum
6th May 2010, 12:03 PM
Anand - quite good. Thing is it has the Hyderabadi flavour, and just like Chennai-28 failed to make the cut in Telugu(for the same reason - strong Chennai flavour, despite the universality of gully cricket), Anand had the same problem, despite the universality of rom-com-drama.
And for the kind of cinema that prevails, and was prevailing at the time in Telugu, it sure came as a whiff of fresh air.

Godavari - several notches down comparitively.
Havent seen Happy days as I can smell the mediocrity of college-romance-blah-blah already.

Leader, as AM says, inspiring-AmAm. Thanks but no thanks, Sekar.

AravindMano
6th May 2010, 12:15 PM
Anand - quite good. Thing is it has the Hyderabadi flavour, and just like Chennai-28 failed to make the cut in Telugu(for the same reason - strong Chennai flavour, despite the universality of gully cricket), Anand had the same problem, despite the universality of rom-com-drama.
And for the kind of cinema that prevails, and was prevailing at the time in Telugu, it sure came as a whiff of fresh air.

Havent seen Happy days as I can smell the mediocrity of college-romance-blah-blah already.

:yes: They used an appropriate tag as well "manchi cofee laanti cinema" which was later coffee-ed by Prakash Raj for KaNda naaL mudhal.

ajithfederer
7th May 2010, 06:44 AM
I haven't seen all the three films lm.

I switched off after watching first 10 minutes of Happy Days. Adhukku mela mudiyala :( Neenga Anand paarthutteengala? Did you like it?

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 03:09 PM
Don't know where to post this.

Just watched "Magadheera". As predictable as it comes when it comes to story line, especially that I heard it's about reincarnation, love story, family feud/killing, etc. As massy as it could come ! Excellent production values & execution. Good fun.

Sarna
13th May 2010, 03:11 PM
Pazhaya thread title'E better'aa irundhadhu :banghead: :banghead: telegu :banghead: :banghead:

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 03:12 PM
Haha.

Naaku Teledhu

ajithfederer
14th May 2010, 08:50 AM
Ee Naadu - Good.

Shiva (1989) :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wibha
14th May 2010, 09:45 AM

I absolutely ,loved both anand and godavari :notworthy:

cepark
30th May 2010, 01:50 AM
i am waiting for mahesh babu,s upcoming rel KALEJA,POWER ND MR.PERFECT.

nd ram charan teja,s ORANGE.

these r the movies i am expecting in telegu.

vithagan
5th June 2010, 12:21 AM
Vedam is outstanding

Vedam, directed by Radhakrishna (Krish) is quite a path-breaking film as far as Telugu cinema is concerned. It's broken a few stereotypes like the fact that it is a multi-starrer, wherein two young heroes and a heroine have come together for a film, which is quite a phenomenon in the Telugu film industry.

There's also the fact that one can make films from life around you and need not necessarily be filled with commercial formulaic ingredients to attract the audience.

The image of the Telugu cinema hero as in hero can be dealt with in a different way as compared to what is done normally. It has certainly dispelled certain ways and notions of films and film-making in the industry. Vedam is inspired by life, a visual treat to watch.

Five stories of five different individuals from different backgrounds coalesce in the climax. As a format, we have seen three stories 'triptych' in films like the Spanish film Amores Perres and later the Hindi-Tamil bi-lingual Yuva [ Images ]. But Krish goes a step further by introducing five characters whose destiny gets intertwined in the climax.

There's Ananda Raju (Allu Arjun) known as Cable Raju because of his profession, Vivek Chakravarthy (Manoj Manchu) a budding rockstar, Saroja (Anushka [ Images ]) a prostitute, Rahimuddin Qureishi (Manoj Bajpai [ Images ]), a Muslim who faces the wrath on account of his religious background, and Ramulu (Nagayya), a poor weaver who is forced to leave his village and come to the city with his daughter-in-law Padma (Saranya) in order to find money to clear his debts and make his grandson study.

Cable Raju loves Pooja (Deeksha Seth), a rich girl and is willing to do anything to please her. Vivek has a band whose keyboard player is Lasya (Lekha Washington) and aspires to be a great singer.

Saroja is tired of working in a brothel (in a small town) under a madam and comes to the city to be on her own with her eunuch friend.

Rahim is falsely implicated while Nagayya and Padma are lured to the city due to a kidney racket.

The first half an hour or so is a bit confusing as each of the stories unfold by themselves and seem a bit disjointed. But, later, the underlying thread gets strong and as the movie veers to the climax, it has incited enough curiosity for us to to sit through the second half.

And the second half is spectacular in terms of writing and filming. The five stories coalesce seamlessly in the climax. The second half is the strength of the movie. It has its touching and heart-warming moments. It is a slice of life in the true sense. Krish has skilfully scripted (written dialogues too) Vedam with emphasis on human relationships and filmed it well. Vedam is a beautiful confluence of writing and technical aspects. It has set a benchmark in Telugu cinema.

Listening to M M Keeravani's music which is in sync with the picturisation makes you realise how versatile the music composer is. The fusion (particularly in the songs which he has sung Malli Puttani and Ee chikati cherani) is mellifluous and touches the heart. Here, meaningful lyrics tug at the heartstrings. The background score too enhances the mood.

Visually Vedam is stunning. Some of the frames are really good. Gnanasekhar has done a great job with the camera. Rajeev Nair (who also has a cameo), the art director, has not just chosen the right locales but also made a difference in terms of the right colour schemes for the background of the whole film. Editing by Shravan is just right and slick.

Moving on to the actors, one should first compliment them for doing a multi-starrer. All three -- Arjun, Manoj Manchu and Anushka -- have given good performances and are very believable in their characters. Anushka looks sensuous, without being vulgar -- a hard balance to strike.

For Manoj Bajpai such roles are like child's play -- he's does so with felicity. Nagayya, the old man, who actually makes his debut in the film is very natural. He lives his real life role in reel life. Saranya is also extremely natural in her performance. The girls Siya Gautham (who plays Manoj Bajpai's wife), Lekha Washington and Deeksha Seth lend adequate support. Overall, Krish has been able to extract fine performances from the cast.

Vedam is a must-watch for its story, screenplay, direction and technicalities. It offers a hope to the audience interested in good and sensible cinema that such a film can be made in Telugu. Kudos to producers Prasad Devineni and Shobu Yarlagadda for backing such a project.

Gamyam provided a peek into Krish's talent while Vedam has catapulted him several notches higher as an auteur. An exceptional film!

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/jun/04/south-telugu-movie-review-vedam.htm

I guess most likely it will be remade in Tamil. :)

VinodKumar's
5th June 2010, 12:42 AM

Master,

Happy days pudikalaya. First 10 mins la character intros thaana varum athukapuram super ah irrukum :?

Naan oru 5 6 vaati paathutaen :D

Mahen
5th June 2010, 08:25 AM

Master,

Happy days pudikalaya. First 10 mins la character intros thaana varum athukapuram super ah irrukum :?

Naan oru 5 6 vaati paathutaen :D

HD naan partha mudhal telegu padam because of one obvious reason... :D Overrated imo..Just an ok film..Kallori and Happy Days were released about the same time and had the same theme..Kallori was class..HD was :oops:

littlemaster1982
5th June 2010, 10:26 AM

Master,

Juniors-ai welcome pandradhukku oru function nadakkume, adhu varai paarthen. Naadagam maadhiri irundhudhu :|

ajithfederer
5th June 2010, 10:44 AM
Prasthanam : Quite a good start for some serious films on Telugu. Hope this generates some good dramas in this Language.

kid-glove
5th June 2010, 10:55 AM
Vedam getting good reviews, but one can never trust the telugu reviewers !

Mahen
5th June 2010, 11:22 AM
Sify-average

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/review.php?id=14944227&ctid=5&cid=2430

Sarna
8th June 2010, 10:36 AM
Vedham - fantastic movie :clap: :clap:

Thiruda thirudi remake'la nadichchu over-nite'la superstar aaganum'nu kanavOda cinemaavukkulla enter aana Manoj'ayum.... simbu maadhiri alichchaattiyam panni nadikkura allu arjunayum.... indha padaththula nadikka vachchadhukkE.... director'ku oscar award kudukkalaam :clap: :clap:

oru yEzhaichchiruvanin vaazhkkayin vilai 40,000rs..... star hotel'il oru panakkaararin ullaasa-Oriravirkkaaga kodukkappadum vilayum 40,000rs....nu innikku namma naattula irukkura yEtra-thaazhva azhuththamaa solliyirukkuradhukkaaga director'ku innoru oscar award kudukkalaam :bow: :bow:

Dialogues dhaan padaththOda miga periya plus

allu to allakai :- yEntraa, manam samasram antha thaagthe, entha padthundhi'ra ? ( yEndaa, naama varushamellaam kudichchaalum motha selavu evlOdaa aagum ? )
allakai :- oka padhi vElu padthundhi ( oru paththaayiram rubaa aagum )
allu : dheenamma, oka raathiri thaagadaaniki nalapai vElantaa :evil: ( :sensor: oru raaththiri kukikka naappadhaayiramaam :evil: )
allakai : nalapai vElu kaadhube, nalapai veliki 2 rupaailu thakvane :lol2: ( naappathaayiram illada, just 39,998rs :lol2: )

Anushka to karpuram : akka, A job'aina theesko, experience entha ekvaa undhaa, anthe dhabbu vasthadhi. mana job'lO maathrame experience thakvaa untene dhabbu ekvaa vasthadhi... fresher anuko, manaki demand'O demand'u :boo: :oops: :boo: ( endha thozhil eduththukkittaalum, experience evlO adhigamaa irukkO, adhukkEththa maadhiri sambaadhikkalaam.... but namma thozhil'la dhaan experience kammiyaa irundhaa dhaan adhigamaa panam sambaadhikka mudiyum.... fresher'naa demand'E demand dhaan :boo: )

anushka to police : naake chadhuvu lEdhu, udhyOgam lEdhu, dhabbu lEdhu, family ledhu, andhukkani nenu nannu dhabbukOsam ammuththunnaanu..... neekEntraa thakkuva, chadhuvundhi, udhyOgam undhi, dhabbundhi, inka endhukkura dhabbukOsam ninnu ammuthunnaav ? ( enakku dhaan padippilla, vElai illa, panam illa, family illa, so panaththukkaaga enna vikkuren,.... unakkudhaan vEla irukku, padippirukku, panam irukku, family irukku... iththanayum irundhum yEnda unnayE nee panaththukkaaga vikkura ? )

continues ....

Sarna
8th June 2010, 10:54 AM
Vedham.... starting half an hour ovvoru character'ayum introduce panraap'la... andha half an hour dhaan padam konjam slow....adhukkappuram padam jet speed :clap: :clap:

Allu arjun - never expected such a good acting from him :clap: :clap:

Manoj - really good :clap: :clap:

Anoushka - character'aave vaazhndhirukkaanga :bow: :bow: azhagunaa azhagu appadi oru azhagu :tongueout:

Music dhaan periya draw back... director could have gone for Ilayaraja or ARR.... or atleast U1(poruththama amayura pazhaya ilayaraaja BGM'a copy panni pOttu kalakkiyiruppaapla ).....

overall a brilliant movie :bow: :bow:

ajithfederer
10th June 2010, 09:57 AM
Blade Babji (2008) - Outrageously silly but Funny.

VinodKumar's
10th June 2010, 09:58 AM

Master,

Juniors-ai welcome pandradhukku oru function nadakkume, adhu varai paarthen. Naadagam maadhiri irundhudhu :|

Rightu vidunga athellam youthsku thaan puriyum :poke:

Sarna
10th June 2010, 10:02 AM
Blade Babji (2008) - Outrageously silly but Funny.

100% pure fun :yes:
especially the spoof of pawan's thammudu(vijay's badri) is :rotfl3:

avven
16th June 2010, 03:55 PM
Vedham - good flick :clap: :thumbsup:
arjun :2thumbsup:

raghavendran
16th June 2010, 05:42 PM
my all time fav telugu film.."shiva"..nagarjuna :smokesmirk: :smokesmirk: ...r.g.v :clap: ...excellent film..trendsetter in showing students as mass...

great
17th June 2010, 10:35 PM
Anand - shekar kammula film.

Breezy entertainer. Thought of skipping this movie, as i have seen bad tamil remake of this flick by viswas sundar. Glad i watched the original.

Music and BGM was top notch, esp yamunatheeran.

Kamalinee Mukherjee was adequate. Dont know why they show her carnatic tutor :?

This movie is defn better than Happy days !!

Cinefan
18th June 2010, 10:45 AM
Magadheera:Think the extraordinary hype did me in,found it a very average film.

It's the 45 minutes 16th century story which is the most interesting.Also production values were very high.Otherwise it is just another film with some rushed through scenes,item number cropping up at the most inappropriate moment,logic issues,unconvincing stunts,not-so-good-music and a caricature of a bad guy.

Ram Charan teja looks a bit like his father,sounds a bit like his father but the voice is weaker,dances almost like his father but something is missing in his personality which made Chiranjeevi a mega star.

Kajal Agarwal looks like a princess,very cute.

There are some mass films which give you a high with the hero build up and punch dialogues.This is not one of them.

ajaybaskar
6th July 2010, 09:15 AM
If reports are to be believed, 'Vedham' is gonna be remade in Tamil with Simbhu replacing Allu Arjun. Anushka and Manoj will retain their roles..

ajaybaskar
7th July 2010, 11:56 PM
Leader

A film in the lines of Mudhalvan, Ayudha Ezhuthu. But still was enjoyable, except for the love segment.

raghavendran
8th July 2010, 10:18 AM
is this the film which starred rana?

ajaybaskar
8th July 2010, 10:26 AM
Yes...

kid-glove
8th July 2010, 12:52 PM
my all time fav telugu film.."shiva"..nagarjuna :smokesmirk: :smokesmirk: ...r.g.v :clap: ...excellent film..trendsetter in showing students as mass...
One of the pinnacles of Indian cinema is Nonverbal Leone-esque prologue of Shiva, leading up to title sequence. Raaja's BGM and RGV's framing is eclectic. Watch the revolutionary scene here (http://tinyurl.com/252r87p). I don't treat the professor's lecture as 'dialogue', the nonchalance of the students adds up to mundaneness. Anyway, it's mostly nonverbal. Right after 2:40 (a superb audiovisual sense with the reduced frame rate and IR's bgm), the gush of smoke covers the screen as the titles begin, ended by the blazing sun dissolving & brightening up the dark inlay, as our Hero enters into the frame. Considering the sappy melodramas & OTT masalas of the time, one could see why this opening enraptured & captivated the starving audience.

Whatever happened to RGV (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2172316#2172316)?

raghavendran
8th July 2010, 02:12 PM
One of the pinnacles of Indian cinema is Nonverbal Leone-esque prologue of Shiva, leading up to title sequence. Raaja's BGM and RGV's framing is eclectic. Watch the revolutionary scene here (http://tinyurl.com/252r87p). I don't treat the professor's lecture as 'dialogue', the nonchalance of the students adds up to mundaneness. Anyway, it's mostly nonverbal. Right after 2:40 (a superb audiovisual sense with the reduced frame rate and IR's bgm), the gush of smoke covers the screen as the titles begin, ended by the blazing sun dissolving & brightening up the dark inlay, as our Hero enters into the frame. Considering the sappy melodramas & OTT masalas of the time, one could see why this opening enraptured & captivated the starving audience.

Whatever happened to RGV (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2172316#2172316)? :thumbsup: :clap: :smokesmirk: ...from my childhood this film has always been my fav... :shoot:

kid-glove
8th July 2010, 02:52 PM
Kshana Kshanam used to be my childhood favorite. Appreciate Shiva on revisits..

Nerd
16th July 2010, 07:46 PM
Kick (Bommarillu maadhiri irukkumnu ninaichEn) - Watched the first 30 minutes. KeerO moonjila oru vijayakanth Kick. Jeyam Ravi idha vida sodhappuvaan any way.

Ramakrishna
27th July 2010, 02:48 AM
Kick (Bommarillu maadhiri irukkumnu ninaichEn) - Watched the first 30 minutes. KeerO moonjila oru vijayakanth Kick. Jeyam Ravi idha vida sodhappuvaan any way.

:lol: Same reaction here when i watched the telugu version.

raghavendran
27th July 2010, 12:38 PM

:lol: Same reaction here when i watched the telugu version. :yes: :curse:

interz
26th August 2010, 07:27 PM
I am watching lot of telugu movies recently (with eng subs)

ones I liked are:

Maska (Ram, Hanshika, Sheela) :fishgrin:
Malliswari (Venkatesh, Katrina Kaif) :rotfl:
Adurs (JR. NTR, Nayantara, Sheela) :yakyak:
Ganesh (Ram, Kajal) :happydance:

Lot of movies have similarities when compared to tamil movies.

Whats almost common for many of the movies are, the endings. they just end suddenly.

Sarna
26th August 2010, 08:17 PM
Malliswari (Venkatesh, Katrina Kaif) :rotfl:

MallEswari ..... hilarious movie :rotfl:
Venkatesh :2thumbsup:

interz
27th August 2010, 11:26 PM
I cant stop laughing everytime Bramanandam appears in movies
He is really really funny. Amazing how many movies he has been doing and is still doing.

raghavendran
29th August 2010, 09:57 AM
saw mahesh babu's arjun...semme mockai 1980's movie..mahesh has gud looks..he is acting well..but shud choose more different subjects..its getting too cliched

prashanth12
29th August 2010, 12:42 PM
If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the film "Ankuram" from 1993, please give me a shout :?

Usually award-winning old tamil/malayalam films are fairly easy to find, but apparently the same is not true for telugu movies.

Cinefan
30th August 2010, 07:04 PM
Ye Maya Chesave:Actually wanted to see the Tamil version but lack of availablity of original DVD meant I ended up watching this.

In 3 words-Watchable unconvincing love story.

The two important points of the film-the romance and Jessie's confused state of mind is not brought out properly at all- a major writing problem.

The romance looks more like lust which is what "at first sight"always is but the transformation to something more doesn't come across at all.

Another weak link was the music,none of the songs except Aromale and Hosanna to some extent clicked with me.

I know that the climax was different in Tamil with Karthik not getting the girl but the 'ideal' ending in telegu did not look odd.

The positives were Naga chaitanya and Samantha.The guy looked like a 22 year old and brought out the attitude,casual approach and intensity which the character required quite well.

Samantha is a gorgeous lass and did her part adequately,no complaints.The dubbing voice too for her was good.

I remember Vinnaithaandi.......... being praised as the movie of the year here and the sound track was raved about.Did I miss anything????

On a side note,having watched 1 film each of Nagarjuna's and Chiranjeevi's son,I feel Chaitanya has it in him to make it to the top on his own steam while Ram Charan looks like a pale clone of his dad.

Cinefan
23rd September 2010, 06:49 PM
Leader:The type of film which is right up Shankar's alley and not Shekar Kammula's.

Badly written and poorly enacted esp Rana who makes a bad debut.

He has the voice and personality to carry such a role but the body language and face does not co-operate.

Ivana vechhu selvaraghavan enna big budget periodical panna poaran :confused2:

The film has clever moments but they are very few,overall a borefest.

ajaybaskar
23rd September 2010, 06:50 PM
Selva's project dropped..

raghavendran
29th September 2010, 12:43 PM
mahesh's new film "khaleja"'s audio out..movie releasing on oct 7th
1st mahesh babu release in 3 yrs :D

srimal
1st October 2010, 11:15 PM
2 songs- rombavum nalla irukku...

the rest are good...

chennaila enga release panranga... innum poster edhuvum kanom ??

raghavendran
2nd October 2010, 08:58 AM
2 songs- rombavum nalla irukku...

the rest are good...

chennaila enga release panranga... innum poster edhuvum kanom ??chennai mosta jayapradhale mattumdhan varum..bcas of the enthiran attack

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 09:13 AM
:thumbsup: Prince-ku oru thread start pannanum... i know he has lot of fans in our hub... :D

Coming back after 3 yrs... :redjump:

raghavendran
2nd October 2010, 09:24 AM
:thumbsup: Prince-ku oru thread start pannanum... i know he has lot of fans in our hub... :D

Coming back after 3 yrs... :redjump:senjirlam..getha oru title yosinge

raghavendran
2nd October 2010, 09:26 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/gallery/m/Movies/khaleja_10/796189.html

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 09:28 AM
title... should be mahesh babu fans club...
front-la enna podalaam... prince or superstar...or vera yethavathu nallatha yosinga... :P

raghavendran
2nd October 2010, 09:38 AM
front-la enna podalaam... prince or superstar...or vera yethavathu nallatha yosinga... :Pprince nalla irukkum..and for pic..try any pokkiri still wid mahesh having cigarette..semme stylea irukkum

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 09:51 AM
front-la enna podalaam... prince or superstar...or vera yethavathu nallatha yosinga... :Pprince nalla irukkum..and for pic..try any pokkiri still wid mahesh having cigarette..semme stylea irukkumok... ippothaikku khaleja pic poduren.... will add later... :D

Raikkonen
2nd October 2010, 10:59 AM
jr ntr padam koodathan release aaga povuthu :smokesmirk:

srimal
5th October 2010, 10:42 PM
front-la enna podalaam... prince or superstar...or vera yethavathu nallatha yosinga... :Pprince nalla irukkum..and for pic..try any pokkiri still wid mahesh having cigarette..semme stylea irukkumok... ippothaikku khaleja pic poduren.... will add later... :D

appadiyae endha theatrela ennaiku release num podunga...

7th release nu sollranga... but innum vilambaram edhuvum illaiyae namma oorla...

Sourav
7th October 2010, 04:41 PM
appadiyae endha theatrela ennaiku release num podunga...

7th release nu sollranga... but innum vilambaram edhuvum illaiyae namma oorla...
sorry, just now seeing this post... :oops:
some other producer filed a case in court last week reg. the title 'khaleja'.... that may be the reason, they were skeptical abt the release date! that title case has been dismissed by court.

interz
14th October 2010, 02:24 PM
Lately i saw 3 movies starring Mahesh Babu

Nijam (with eng subs)
Athadu (with eng subs)
Athidhi (with eng subs)

Nijam 1st half was ok, 2nd half too much violence. Average movie

Athadu action masala with politicians involved, 100 % entertainment. Many bad guys in this movie... Kota, Shinde, Sonu Sood, Rahul Dev. Trisha is annoying throughout the movie. I liked it its definately watchable.

I like Athidhi. Sad in beginning. Mahesh is stylish and cool, Amritha damn hot. Mahesh Babu and Amrita makes a good pair on screen. Ashish Vidyarti terrific acting, same with the other guy who plays the main villain (dont know his name). Comedy in the movie is also good. Gona Gona song very catchy.

kid-glove
14th October 2010, 02:57 PM
There's one thing constant about all these films, Mahesh Babu has about one and a half expressions. :lol2:

srimal
14th October 2010, 03:31 PM
Lately i saw 3 movies starring Mahesh Babu

Nijam (with eng subs)
Athadu (with eng subs)
Athidhi (with eng subs)

Nijam 1st half was ok, 2nd half too much violence. Average movie

Athadu action masala with politicians involved, 100 % entertainment. Many bad guys in this movie... Kota, Shinde, Sonu Sood, Rahul Dev. Trisha is annoying throughout the movie. I liked it its definately watchable.

I like Athidhi. Sad in beginning. Mahesh is stylish and cool, Amritha damn hot. Mahesh Babu and Amrita makes a good pair on screen. Ashish Vidyarti terrific acting, same with the other guy who plays the main villain (dont know his name). Comedy in the movie is also good. Gona Gona song very catchy.

appadiyae murari kooda parunga.... mahesh and sonali.... nalla thaan irukkum... one of my first few mahesh's movie

srimal
14th October 2010, 03:32 PM
jr ntr padam koodathan release aaga povuthu :smokesmirk:

brindhavanam... innaikku release....

trailer nalla illiyae... :?

interz
15th October 2010, 10:09 PM
I seen Murari starring Mahesh Babu n Sonali Bendre

I liked Mahesh Babus acting in this movie, songs were also good, comedy nice, but i didnt like the religious part, thats too edgy.

Sarna
31st October 2010, 12:00 PM
Raktha charithra - indha maadhiri padam edukkura directors'a ellaam naadu kadaththanum.
-indha padaththukku saturday night 2nd show'ku pamili pamili'yaa vaaraanga...
-ladies koottam dhaan adhigamaa irukkua .....
-yaaru evana vettunaalum visil parakkudhu
-moththaththula hit pOla

// Vivek Olapaai - what an actor.... bollywood industry'la kooda nallaa nadikka therinja keeroes irukkaanga pOla :shock: :D

interz
2nd November 2010, 10:38 PM
Kasko

terrible movie.

dont watch it, if u watch it id feel very sorry for you.

*notice in any telugu mass movie you will see same villains, and same henchmen.

interz
10th December 2010, 12:38 AM
Maghadheera - a touching love tale.

I liked most of the movie, but climax sucked big time.

visually best telugu movie. never seen such graphics before in telugu movie or tamil movies.

Mukzi
11th December 2010, 04:02 PM
how is the movie orange

littlemaster1982
18th May 2011, 08:40 AM
Bump...............

ajithfederer
18th May 2011, 08:56 AM
Ala Modalaindi - 2011 (Telugu)

Came to a friends room and there was a film running. The dialogues were funny and the song that followed was also good. Mukyama andha paatula irundha figure nalla irukku. I like the film. Continuing to watch it.

Movie finished. Funny film. Some different adampt.

AudazJay
27th June 2011, 03:23 PM
Golconda High School

Another film with sports (cricket) as the main theme. Nothing spectacular in the storyline but I really enjoyed watching this film- it has a very neat and breezy presentation. Sumanth is tailor-made for the role of the high school cricket coach. Very subtle, relaxed and suave. Though he still has the wooden expressions and body language in some scenes but overall he did quite well. Swathi comes as his heroine. Having watched her as a young girl in Subramaniapuram, it's quite hard to see her as an english teacher in this film...she looks like a school girl draped in saree :roll:. Nevertheless good chemistry between them in Idi Adenemo song (the only love track in the movie). All the boys who act as the cricket team members are really good.

Climax is naturally predictable (what else do you expect in films based on sports theme anyway?) but since I love all the tension and hype surrounding these sort of climaxes, it worked well for me :-D. Overall, though it doesn't come across as a "not-to-be-missed" sort of film, but it's definitely watchable :thumbsup:

Balaji.r
22nd July 2011, 12:45 AM
Golconda High School

Really enjoyed this movie. Refreshing to see swathi in saree, though she look like a collage goer than engleesh professor. But who cares she looked pretty. Climax worked very well for me.

rajeshkrv
26th July 2011, 03:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hA45TQHQEE

Maroprapancham.. a very different thought .. even at 1960's ..nice one

srimal
27th July 2011, 10:09 PM
100% love..... nalla thaan irukku...

vithagan
23rd September 2011, 07:00 PM
Review: Dookudu is Mahesh Babu's show all the way (http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/review-dookudu/20110923.htm)

http://img.16reels.com/pictures/displayimages/Dookudu-Poster-166904.jpg

srimal
23rd September 2011, 09:57 PM
fan club ellam vachirundhomae... engae ???

padam parthacha ??

vithagan
23rd September 2011, 10:58 PM
Nope.. just checking for reviews.. I see many positive reviews.. seekiram paarkanum :)

Sarna
14th October 2011, 01:54 PM
Dhookudu - awesome entertainer with the right mixture of comedy and action :victory:

kollywood'ku oru Ajithkumar'naa, tollywood'ku oru Maheshbabu.... handsome hero... his combination with MS narayan and brammy is :rotfl:

samantha - full'aa cover pannittu vandha dhaan azhagaa irukkaanga... aragora dress'la sagikkala.

music by thaman :roll:

thamizh'la Thala nadikka M Raja direct pannaa, super'aa irukkum :cool:

GSV
23rd October 2011, 11:41 AM
Kotha bangaru lokam.

Feel good movie.. Lead pair did very well... Songs are awesome.. no dragging scene in love story.. kudos to director..

Must watch..