PDA

View Full Version : Eye relaxation techniques

dev
21st March 2005, 02:52 PM
Hi all,

I would like to know abt a few techniques to relax ur eyes & to reduce the burning sensation that's caused by prolonged use of computer...I would be taking my exams in a month's time ,which calls in for continuous use of computer(5 hrs at a stretch )... I do eye exercises but am not sure if I can do it in the middle of the exam coz rotating ur eyes all over in the exam hall is literally impossible...I'll be chucked out if I do tht... :lol: & I'll not be allowed to take anything inside the exam hall...Even big pendents & earrings are not allowed... so no que of taking wet tissues too...

So,pls let me know any other eye relaxation techniques or something else tht can be done prior to the exam to reduce the irritation...

Thanks in advance...

bhargavi.raj
21st March 2005, 07:56 PM
Hi Dev,
Well 1st of all, all the very best for your exams.
The important organ in our body, that is extremely sensitive and every easily stressed is our eyes. Naturally eye produces lactrines, which help to keep them moist and remove dust and dirt , thats why our eyes water when we have any dust or dirt inside.,.
But its also our personal duty to take good care of our eyes.
Never oversee if the doctors say that you need a glass.
secondly, when you feel you are very tired, close your eyes for atleast 5mins. I usually use a eye band for 5mins, and relax where ever i am.
In the spa, usually cooling effects of cucumber is often used to relax. Cut a very very thin slice of cold cucumber and place it over the eyes. This is a very effective way to relax the eyes. The cool cucumber relaxes the muscles around the eyes and relaxes it from stress,.Since stress is one of the reasons for undereye darkness, this is also a treatment to cure blackness around the eyes.
When the heat in the body is high, it 1st affects the eyes, the sign is usually redness in the eyes, watery eyes etc. Soak 1/2 tsp of dhaniya seeds in ice cold water for 10mins. strain the water and use the water to cool the eyes.
Yoga for eyes has a very nice effect in maintaining healthy eyes. Its very simple and I do it everyday in the morning.
SIT IN UPRIGHT POSTION, PADMASANA IF POSSIBLE.
CLOSE YOUR EYES AND TAKE 5 DEEP BREATHS IN AND OUT.
NOW RAISE YOUR HEAD TO THE SKY. OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK UPWARDS. SLOWLY BRING YOU EYES DOWNWARDS AND HEAD DOWNWARDS. REPEAT THIS ASANA FOR 4TIMES.
AGAIN KEEP YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT. NOW SLOWLY MOVE YOUR HEAD TOWARDS THE LEFT. MOVE YOUR EYES ALSO TO LEFT. NOW DO THIS YOGA 4 TIMES.
SIMILARLY RIGHT.
THIS IS VERY EFFECTIVE AND WILL RELAX YOUR EYES FOR THE WHOLE DAY.

There are some herbal remedies too other than all this.
Applying castor oil around the eyelids, relaxes the tension around the eyes and cools it. This is very effective for stress caused due to reading /being awake.
But the oil has to be applied just around the eyes and not inside.
Making a paste of tulsi leaves and applying as a patch around the eyes is also very effective.

Well, dev, so here are some remedies that I know and have used it a lot.
Hope this helps you and keeps you going
CHEERS,
Bhargavi.Raj

deepali128
21st March 2005, 08:16 PM
Hi Dev,

it's nice thread!!! in US i am really concerned about my eyes, bec of it's dryness. i can hardly wear contacts. i don't know what to do? i was using bosch and lomb soft lenses. are there any eyewetting drops available across the counter. if you know about all that stuff pls share it.thanx.

deepali

dev
22nd March 2005, 07:17 AM
WOW!!!...Thanks a lot Bhargavi, for the wishes & wonderful tips...Will try out the yogic techniques... I use cucumber to relax the eyes but never knew tht dhaniya,castor oil & tulsi too helps...Thank U very much Bhargavi...

dev
22nd March 2005, 07:20 AM
Hi Deepali,

I'm not aware of any eyewetting drops coz I've never used any such drops...But my homoeopath suggested using himalaya eye drops to cleanse & relax the eyes...I'm not sure if tht will help U out...

vizmaya
12th December 2005, 04:14 AM
Hi,

Doing meditation for 20 minutes is one way to relax your eyes.

Splash cold running water into your eyes.

Take a cotton, dip in cold black tea. Place this cotton on your eyes for 10 minutes.

Drink 8 glass of water.

Exercise for you eyes: Place a candle on the table and light this candle. Sit 3 feets away from the table. Focus your eyes on the candle light.This keeps your eyes relaxed.

Sleep atleast for 8 hours.

vizmaya.

Nichiro
12th December 2005, 04:27 PM
Eyes are the greatest gift from God.
I keep healthy eyes without any exercise/without any relaxation technique .
I use AUT . I wash my eyes with first urine at 5am.
I use a computer from 5am till 11.30 pm (Intermittantly) and yet never a problem.
But you must learn the simple method first.
Interested ?
Write/PM me.

RedPepper
12th December 2005, 08:56 PM
Eyes are the greatest gift from God.
I keep healthy eyes without any exercise/without any relaxation technique .
I use AUT . I wash my eyes with first urine at 5am.
I use a computer from 5am till 11.30 pm (Intermittantly) and yet never a problem.
But you must learn the simple method first.
Interested ?
Write/PM me.

EWWWWWW............... :shock:

Nichiro
13th December 2005, 06:36 AM
Red Pepper,

Just ask those countless people whose lives have been saved during heart attack as to how do you feel having taken UROKINASE injections which were made out of Urine of factory girls from china/Russia etc. :!:

RedPepper
13th December 2005, 08:43 PM
[tscii:661958f6f0]They are not injecting urine directly to your vein. UROKINASE injections contain an enzyme that is produced by the kidney and found in human urine. If it is a commercially made eye drop that contains the same enzyme, I “might” consider. But....... :?
OK if it is a life threatening situation as you pointed out, inject me whatever you can, & save my life. I won’t deny. I would love to live more. :)
[/tscii:661958f6f0]